Why is it that only one studio at Nintendo actually tries to innovate?

Why is it that only one studio at Nintendo actually tries to innovate?

Attached: Nintendo Soul Soulless.png (947x1066, 1.24M)

Top is a soulless Dark Moon sequel rather than being based on the original soulful Luigi's Mansion.

>Luigi's Mansion
>soul

Rushed out Tech Demo

Honestly hope you're wrong but the fact that they said they've been looking at feedback and specifically mentioned they're trying to make the game more like the first one gives me some hope.

Luigi's mansion 3 isn't even being made by nintendo you donk. That explains why the music is lackluster.

>Honestly hope you're wrong
>original soulful Luigi's Mansion
Of course he's fucking wrong, he's an idiot.

>Dark Moon
All it has in common with DM is the Scarescraper. It's not even mission based. Also,

>hurr old soul new soulless

Luigi's Mansion may have moved onto a different style but that doesn't mean the new one is bad. Luigi Mansion Dark Moon was fucking great.

God I hate this use of soul as a filler buzzword. I feel it’s lost almost all meaning and is just used to buffer a unsubstantial argument

It doesn’t annoy me here, because with the length that OP went to find specific images that caters to his point I think that he’s shitposting, but when people use it unironically it pisses me off so much because I have no idea what they mean

I tried looking for the best representation of New Horizons, but there's nothing that really looks all too flattering for it.

I skipped over these games. Should I get the first one and Dark Moon? Haven't bought a 3DS game in awhile

for a tech demo it still managed to be better than that padded out shit that was dark moon

the snow scene is the most soulful part of the trailer.

Go for it. Although get the first one on gamecube if you can.

Ah
Well in that case I completely understand where you’re coming from.

I don’t fully subscribe to the whole DIY aspect of making everything from scratch partially because I don’t know how the villagers would even get there. Hope it’s not something convoluted

Attached: snow soulless.jpg (1038x576, 129K)

I think AC looks good but why is it so fucking zoomed in

It literally just needs higher contrast and it will look great, it's full of soul already.

It looks exactly like New Leaf, and New Leaf is pure soulless.

Unfortunately I don't have the connections for it, so I'll likely get both on 3DS and just play all 3 back to back around Halloween

Where did they say that they're trying to make the game more like the first one?

I'm playing new leaf right now and there is a marked difference.

Luigis Mansion looks boring as fuck, ACNH blows that shit out of the water ten times over and it's still got half a year left of dev time

When they were showing off the game at treehouse earlier. I can't remember the timestamp but it was around the end.

This is not a soul/soulless thing. It is a good series/trash series thing

Animal Crossing is the only Nintendo property I like and even I know you're full of shit

pretending that the constant delays is because they care about employees or customers

hard truth is the producers are incompetent and have been for a long time

God what the fuck did they do to Luigi's Mansion.

Attached: 1559197948829.jpg (448x560, 47K)

ACNH got a meaningful update that did what New Leaf tried but did it right, adding on crafting without changing the traditional shops. New Luigi made him a ghost hunter, removing any of the fun and just letting you qte your way through rooms

Before the faggots start howling if Luigi Mansion 3 is similar to 2
>Its based more on exploration
>Its taking inspiration from the first game more
>They've been looking at the feedback from the last game
>Its not mission based
>Only similarity to the 2nd is themed floors and having the ghost dog

They literally just made Splatoon, one of the best IPs of the best 5 years so you're full of shit.

that pic is so ridiculously good

It's pretty transparently obvious that New Horizons has only been in development for a very short period of time, the "delay" is just them realizing they can't shit out a game in 6 months

>ACNH got a meaningful update that did what New Leaf tried but did it right, adding on crafting without changing the traditional shops.
This is so demonstrably wrong it's not even worth addressing

Make it an interesting game and not a 2 hour long repetitive tech demo?

this looks good already, and they've got another 9 months to polish it. Look at the improvements that other nintendo games received between their reveal and their launch.

>without changing the traditional shops
That remains to be seen. The base "shop" is just scoutmaster (((Nook))) and his (((Nooklets))) with a boring menu. Hopefully as you progress the shop expansions will have the inventory laid out in store like the rest of the franchise has. But nothing is guaranteed. They introduced fucking crafting so nothing is sacred.

If you think the people behind Dark Moon 2 are going to reinvent their Dark Moon formula then you're sadly mistaken. It's very much linear even if it's not mission-based.

Watch the gameplay, the shop is still the same rotating system
Considering the half a year left with no progress having been made yet, we can only wait for dev updates and directs. I blame pocket camp, probably spent all their time obsessing over that instead of working

Who the fuck cares about Animal Crossing since the best version (Pocket camp) already exists

Another thought, considering you can sell all the materials for a decent lump of change, money seems like it will be a breeze to gather quickly early game, hopefully this means they have an extensive list of upgrades.

what did he mean by this

unfortunately I think we're gonna get radio silence until a late january/early february direct

How is LM3 innovative?

you can chokeslam ghosts

I hate the fucking island setting that they seem to be doing in every nintendo game these days. I want a comfy forest! Or literally anything else!

Attached: 1538627447218.jpg (500x488, 23K)

How can one game have so much soul?

Attached: FY2FNLNI9UDQ38A.LARGE.jpg (885x663, 110K)

when you put it like that, it's a day 1 buy for me

>building is facing sideway
WHY CAN'T WE HAVE BUILDINGS FACE OTHER DIRECTION AGAIN?! WHY THE FUCK ARE WE FORCED TO USE A ROLLING LOG CAMERA?! FUCK THIS SHIT !

Attached: 1512631716072.png (808x805, 438K)

it can still be a forest, just with a beach on 3 sides

I don't think Yea Forums knows what a tech demo is.

There's a clip going around where one of the devs says they're adding in portrait ghosts. LM3 is gonna be the best game in the franchise.

Animal crossing looks great what are you talking about?

Attached: 1557780049636.jpg (960x935, 52K)

New Leaf literally already had crafting with the gemstones for customizing furniture and it didnt harm the game any. This is just an extension of that.

Does anyone else think Gooigi is just fucking creepy? I mean, Luigi has always been a weirdo, but the fact that he can give birth to ectoplasm clones of himself makes him downright horrifying.

To be honest LM3 looked soulless in the first few trailers. Only now does it look like a soulful game. The same will happen with AC.

>tfw I like of what I've seen of both

Should've put Pokeshit on the bottom, now that's peak S O U L L E S S

Attached: 1545944980181.jpg (540x304, 37K)

I'm honestly just curious. What is the threshold for something having soul?

it is creepy, and that's a good thing

Fuck off flaseflagger

the way the term is commonly used here, it's just "I like it" vs "I don't like it". Often has to do with someone's taste as it gets relatively locked in at a young age.

for me, the unironic definition of soulless is a hack job attempt at recreating a skin-deep clone of something good that came before without understanding any nuance or charm that made the original good. It comes down to verisimilitude, personality, and purpose. Soulless tends to be trendhopping without justification.

Anyone else think it was a missed opportunity that they didn't call it Hotel Luigi?

it's supposed to be creepy. it's the invention of an archetypal mad scientist in a spooky Halloween game.

AC is trash and nintendo's most overrated IP

>animal crossing was the only game I was anticipating
>mfw that trailer
How could they do this? At least NMH3 was announced.

Attached: 1560196415619.png (467x573, 314K)

>fire emblem exists

ACGC didnt have rolling camera tho..

Attached: tumblr_p6o93r4lhm1vc5w4eo1_250.png (241x227, 48K)

no u

It will be great user have faith

I'm gonna need someone to source me on that top image because it's gonna be my new wallpaper until October hits.

Attached: 1364875730694.jpg (1479x1700, 200K)

based brainlet