We lost the goddamn national dex, and potentially a bunch of other features

We lost the goddamn national dex, and potentially a bunch of other features....
FOR THIS?!??!?!?

Attached: YEAH LOOK AT THEM FLY.webm (640x360, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=39j5v8jlndM
youtube.com/watch?v=TmWu-f6L0Mo
youtube.com/watch?v=0Md_OQkWmvU
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_wd8KSNHBut1ewRB1NvUfzpc_rCmJlTD
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stevefags on suicide watch.

You said you wanted open world shit
Here you go faggot

>WAAAAAAAAH WHY IS AN UNFINISHED GAME LOOK UNFINISHED

also the game is meant for children you fucking moron they don't give a shit as long as the monsters look cute, grow up entitled manchild

thank LGPEs success as the final nail in the coffin

Attached: 1560271480883.gif (517x469, 147K)

>We

Fuck off, this is Yea Forums. Pokemon has always been shit, if you played it after the age of 12 you aren't a real gamer.

watchout guys we got a real gamer in the house

>friend showed me some gameplay
>"doesn't it look great user?"
>I tell him it's the worst looking switch game I've ever seen
>he says it's the best looking switch game

I don't even have a switch and I know it's capable of far more than this

how does having open world mean we lose something else. games are supposed to get bigger.

Fuck, that looks horrible. Masuda's "animation" excuses don't even make sense at this point, they're literally just lazy and incompetent.

You stupid fucks just HAD to have your overworld Pokemon, didn't you? Random Battle Chads win, now and forever. Won the argument, but we all lost the war.

>copes and calls it unfinishes
>changes goalpost of cope and calls it a children's game

LMAO

Did your bro make the cut Yea Forums?
serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml

Sorry bug bro's, we got fucked hard

Attached: 1400922837495.png (375x315, 178K)

These games would be even worse if they weren't open world to be quite honest.

looks soulless as hell

Wingulls always fly like that
But i wouldn't expect you to know anything about pokemon, shitposter

You lost it, I haven't played Pokemon for a few gens now because the devs became lazier and lazier. You can't complain about the hell you funded you dumb fuck.

Maybe they rushed the game after seeing all the blowback against LGPE? It's only been a few years since SuMo, not enough time to perfect a game like you're execting

>implying they'll change it

Explain this who doesn't play pokemon. Is this the new way they're handling enemy encounters, instead of randomly?

How exactly are you supposed to encounter flying pokemon? Real birds would never allow you to get close.

>Wingulls dont require wing flapping
>even the Pokemon Emerald animation just had them swaying side to side
>all of their 3D game appearances as well
Okay

It doesn't matter, mark my words this pokemon game will sell amazing and make billions. Gamefreak could literally mail out a brick of human shit to preorderers and they would be thanked for the opportunity for us to eat their shit. Why do you think video games, movies, cartoons etc are shit today because they have all been made to the lowest denominator that will buy and consume anything as long as it has the PokemonTM or Star WarsTM or DisneyTM name slapped on it.

>Galvantula
>Hydreigon
They're in, but I'm still not getting this game. Fuck Gamefreak.

We were working, sweat pouring down our foreheads....
FOR THAT?!??!?!?

Attached: 11111.jpg (704x396, 52K)

>charizard
>no blastoise or venusaur
holy fuck the pandering is real

Attached: 1560088337178.gif (160x140, 1.05M)

They aren't even swaying side to side now. You are not gonna make this look acceptable now matter how hard you try.

Attached: 1523067187879.jpg (470x470, 45K)

>Limited Edition pile of shit directly from Junichi Masuda's asshole! Buy now for $100!

yes. they're trying to make it more like pokemon go because if something is popular then you can just cash in on it rather than having to change the formula. literally dead franchise and I'd hope by now that old fans are not still playing these literal smartphone culture pandering games

I still have some of them but it's not enough to convince me to get a Switch.

Attached: fav.jpg (576x307, 44K)

Is this the RoR2 thread?

>No Scrafty
Why do they keep fucking him...

you don't understand the problem so fuck off.

please understand, masuda had to choose the quality.

Attached: high quality animations 2.webm (1280x720, 1.48M)

I'll buy it and there is nothing you can do about it.

desu Emerald's animations were soulless compared to Crystal

I'd prefer if they didn't look like they're propelled by magic.

Thats what it always means. Name one good open world game.

>no chimchar
>no poplio
>yes deino
Are you shtting me that my boy chimchar isnt in ther fucking game
god dammit man

Nigger the game comes out in November, if you think the problems will.be fixed by then, you're fucking insane.
Then again, I'm aware your post is simply another shitpost in this endless void of mediocrity.

Attached: 1560392517620.png (730x1012, 1.2M)

But isn't having pokemon on the field considered an advancement? I mean, assuming they had smarter AI than just hovering over the grass. I see they included a sneaking feature. So why not just make flying pokemon fly in flocks, and occasionally land, making them susceptible for battle and capture?

>aron/aggron gone
>litwick/chandelure gone
at least my favorite pokemon mimikyu made the cut :(

don't buy the game user, even if we see him added in the future
i love this franchise and i know there's time before and after release to fix it but this might be the worst i've ever felt about a game release in my entire life and that's saying something b/c i've been hyped for some real garbage

gamefreak really outdid themselves this time
i'm not supporting it, and you shouldn't either

Attached: one.jpg (634x433, 38K)

>Blowback
wasn't the game highly praised for the most part?
The problem here is the "walking" animation they used for wingull. It looks really unnatural just hanging in the air while going really slowly/stationary like that; it could be at least drifting back and forth in the wind instead of the clunky-looking shit in OP, but it seems like they only made one movement rig for every entity in the game, so everything can only use its one walking animation and move straight forward, and has to do a full turn before moving any other direction. Check out gif related.

Attached: 1560368546363.gif (294x235, 2.35M)

>no Paras or Croagunk
fuck, at least we got Guagsire

Attached: 1511244518588.jpg (500x375, 125K)

No I've been saying I want someone other than gamefreak to do a mainline game.

Oh don't worry, I dropped out after oras.

You sure you aren’t just not being a No fun allowed faggot?

GameFreak is a small indie studio, please understand.

You know I wouldn't even be upset with this if they kept it fair between all the gen's, but you just know it's going to keep all the KAAAAAAAAAANTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOO pokemon in.

I counted ~150 pokemon revealed so far and 33 of them are gen 1 out of 8 generations.

Don't start this shit, just because something wasn't in the E3 demo doesn't mean it isn't in the game at all. Even if the game is going to be a shitheap, it's not worth spreading misinformation.

possibly. but leave it to Gamefreak to never be able to pull it off well

I'm worried about the DPP remake bros

So, do you guys REALLY have Hope for this generation? Even the slightest bit or have you given into Despair?

Attached: 1559765876294.png (1024x1024, 126K)

>Machamp
>Wobuffet
My bros... they survived...

Attached: cry.jpg (474x522, 103K)

Sometimes a "!" will appear in the grass and that will be your random encounter.

You can also whistle and pokemon might come towards you, including the flying ones.

You brought this on yourselves by buying this trash faggots, enjoy eating gamefreaks shit

Open world games are mostly empty.

The most open worldy Pokémon game feels devoid of content.

EVERYTIME

>no aegislash
HE'S LITERALLY A SWORD AND A SHIELD, GET IT TOGETHER GAMEFREAK

Every thing I see about this game is worse than the last, holy shit

Attached: 16508629_1333926673335005_8563359647135216283_n.jpg (960x643, 78K)

>couldn't even get absol
now it's personal.

Attached: 01p (Copiar).jpg (1067x800, 292K)

No hope. Gamefreak would never see this criticism and change the game in any way, shape or form so what we're seeing is essentially the final build

next time take masuda's cock out of your mouth before posting

i miss him

Attached: 1556067050894.png (2230x2914, 1.34M)

Point me to the announcement that says that the entire Galar pokedex has been revealed. Even the Serebii page says this:
"At present there is no sign of how big the Galar Regional Pokédex will be but this section will list all the Pokémon that have been showcased for the games"

strawpoll.me/18157766/

GTA3 has better animations than this shitheap.

Do you think Gamefreak is really dumb enough to actually give DLC (paid or not) packages of different regional Pokemon in the future?

I wish they explained the cut pokemon with something like this

youtube.com/watch?v=39j5v8jlndM

Also does sword&shield have wondertrade?

It's not my bro, but it would have been hilarious to see Glameow available in Galar after its been shafted from pretty much every game since Pearl

Attached: 431.png (475x475, 135K)

>no aggron
>no metagross

Honestly, the most offensive thing is that stupid fucking hat.

Anyone who gives Gamefreak money is a massive cuck.

>each of the pokemon generations is separated by a calamity

Attached: carnage.png (218x209, 73K)

>no Mawile

FUCK YOU, I DON'T CARE HOW BAD IT'S STATS ARE I ALWAYS HAVE ONE ON MY TEAM

>no Beedrill
>no Koffing

bro....

>No Ampharos

Attached: ibp3dxZy2Vys4F.png (848x900, 661K)

Hold on, hold on. No aegislash in a fucking game subtitled sword and shield? Potentially dropped.

The worst part of pokemon being missing is like.. Fucking wingull everyhwere. or Bunnelby.

>no Koffing
I was never going to buy this game but I still feel anger.

Attached: 230090844.png (671x661, 713K)

Fucking this
I like the new sheep but let me have both

>Sword and Shield Pokemon isn't in Pokemon Sword and Shield

yikes, that does it, I'm buying a second hand copy now. No sale from me Gamefreak.

>serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml
>HootHoot's my fave
>an user was shitposting "You know your favorite pokemon, he's not there"
>see this
I have literally no worries and I'm getting this game now. I'm not a competitive smogon fag. I don't even need Hoothoot in my party, I'm happy he exists.

I said the same thing when Sun/Moon didn't have Solrock and Lunatone

holy fuck, what the fuck ever you pokemon playing faggot. this was going to go one of 2 ways.

- release the game with basic sprites and make it like sun and moon
>"wtf is the cheap shit how can nintendo make this the first ever mainline game for a console"

- Actually revamp the game, it's gameplay and and the models for all the pokemon.
>"of course, the fan base expects models to be made for all 750+ pokemon and all the new ones, with individual attack animations ala pokemon stadium"

You were going to complain anyway. just fuck off.

thank goodness, I was about to buy a Switch for Pokemon only and maybe AC, guess I'll keep playing my N3DS and skip this nintendo "home console generation" again, they just don't want my money anymore

Attached: TalkativeWetFish-max-1mb.gif (240x144, 138K)

Ever Pokemon already has models, they all have idle, summon, attack, taking damage, fainting, walking, and running animations.
So far no Pokemon not even Pikachu has gotten a new animation since XY

>no Excadrill
Wasn't gonna buy this shit anyway

The loss of the National Pokédex isn't even the big problem. It's just another notch in Game Freak's depressing track record. I swear if they say "We'll add all the Pokémon back in updates following the game's release" and you're happy with that, things will only get worse. They will now have a precedent to release unfinished games that they can publicly acknowledge as unfinished prior to release and everyone will accept it because they think they'll get missing content through updates. From there, they might not even release these updates because there's no outcry as everyone assumes it's a given. And by the time they realize they're not giving that content, the games will have been out for months and anyone who cared will be long gone and this will become the accepted norm.

There was no National Pokédex in Gen VII unless you count Bank. But it's not like it would take much effort to include it since the National Pokédex reuses entries from older games. An intern could set up all 807 Pokémon in a day. Assuming every Pokémon can Dynamax and Dynamaxing has some unique animations, I can somewhat understand how it would be difficult to account for all ~900 Pokémon. But Creatures handles that stuff, and they have YEARS between Generations. Even if they only focused on new Pokémon in the last year, that's still plenty of time.

Game Freak has become complacent and arrogant enough to think they can get away on brand name alone. These games aren't good anymore. I don't want to be railroaded through another region with characters that won't get out of my face as any sense of adventure is taken away from me. I don't want to buy a game just because I like the music and designs. I don't want to buy a game from a company that so blatantly thinks so little of me.

What's sad is that the electric Corgi herder would match up perfectly with Mareep

They have all the models made and ready you fucking nigger they are just lazy pieces of shit who dont want to put any work in

t. 13 year old

>the "higher quality animations" are just in the new pokémon amie that no one will play more than 10 minutes anyway
You know this is real, GF as shown to be retarded anyway.

I really hope you're pirating whatever 3ds game you want at this point.
No point in buying 3ds games anymore since nintendo stopped supporting it.

Attached: 1560177083501.png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

>sylveon
>hawlucha
Oh thank god.

Attached: 1384757148676.jpg (261x360, 57K)

Honestly they should have done this sooner, the number of redundant Mons is ridiculous and with close to 1000 mons there are still absent type combinations.

Hell there are like 100 pure water types but only like 15 pure ice types. It about time they made some fucking cuts.

Attached: 7f1.jpg.png (661x661, 301K)

jesus christ what the fuck is this ugly thing

Attached: impidimp.png (322x269, 117K)

More likely, its unique models for every single Dynamaxed pokemon because Gamefreak is that incompetent.

That has to be a fucking joke

> wanting pokemon to look like witcher

I mean I get the issues some people have with some of the cheap looking graphical stuff in the game but its MEANT to be stylized, I don't think anyone intended for pokemon to look hyper-realistic.

Hey user, its all worth it for a faithful remake of N64 OoT

Attached: 1560382569945.png (847x703, 577K)

I think the issue is that it just looks unnatural

even if they had a flapping animation and bobbed up and down a bit, it would at least look 10x better

90% of my boys made it in.
Honestly I don't care about the cap on pokemon anyways. I'm not an autist who spent days of my life trying to catch all the pokemon and the shinies.

Never bought pokemon home because why the hell would you pay money for that shit? Just play the game, beat it, and be done with it. Just get your nostalgia fix and go play an actual good game.

I really can't believe how flat out they are with their bullshit. The 3DS could handle 800 pokemon, and we're seriously expected to believe the Switch can't handle maybe like 70 more. People were already shitting on the garbage animations, but at least they could use the excuse of "THERE'S LIKE 1000 POKEMON TO MODEL." Imagine thinking anyone over 14 is dumb enough to actually believe this

how about looking like any other modern anime-styled jrpg?

Attached: jrpgscompare.png (1100x1236, 2.58M)

>Game Freak releases Sharp Sword and Sturdy Shield or some shit a year after these games and promise "Ultra Changes" again
>It's literally the same game except you can add in every Pokemon now
>It costs $60 plus tip
>It sells over 10 million copies anyway

Where’s my Weedle-bro????

Nobody cares about your shitmon

>No Sceptile

Well Guess I won't be leaving Alola.

The uproar was before the game was released, since everyone was expecting a new mainline game but only got a Kanto rehash instead

My train will come in, just you wait and see. but in the meantime
>Vanilluxe got in
>Sawk got in
>fucking Garbador, the literal pile of fucking trash pokemon, got in
It hurts a little more every day

Attached: 1559624069516.gif (500x249, 323K)

Don't think about it user
Mega Beedril is gone forever now too

K Boomer I'm still going to buy the game.

That's a whole other thing though.

As is, comparing any of those games to witcher in terms of realism/graphics is just silly.

>No Ditto
>No Abra

NOOOO

Attached: Understandable Shaggy.jpg (500x326, 21K)

It's meant for kids faggot. If you really are expecting the games to grow up alongside you and be these deep complex graphics. Then it proves how autistic you truly are.

Pokemon never should have left sprites.

Attached: 1407915533501.png (325x322, 83K)

>>No Ditto
>injectors get even more of an advantage
thanks masuda

>Gengar is in.
I'm not even gonna buy this shit game. I'm just here to laugh at the fucks that didn't get in.

Attached: 1317783554611.jpg (376x373, 60K)

Unless you're buying physically. It's been a while since I looked into this, but doesn't decrypting 3DS ROMs require owning a physical copy and XORing a console-generated file with it? A lot of games don't have decrypted versions available online or the X-whatever file to do it available publicly.

>Charizard
>Gyarados
>Tyranitar
>Gardevoir
>Gigalith
>Free slot

I'm fine, but I'm not okay.

Attached: 5aa69482f26a416d0105de7c2533e19e.jpg (1366x768, 319K)

he's not in

Attached: regice.gif (800x800, 828K)

>no starters except Galar and Kanto starters
That's a used purchase from me. GF will get my personal money again once they get around to putting basic features back in.

>Golisopod actually got in
Oh boy I can't wait for it to not get an ability better than emergency exit and just be a big waste of space on the dex
This is coming from someone who has Golisopod as his favorite pokemon btw

Attached: 1514591830125.jpg (430x535, 13K)

witcher 3

Game development nowadays is basically acquiring the soul stone. There is always something changedr/removed in favor of focusing or trying integrate something new and you have to make the trade worth it. Even in the thing you mentioned of making a game bigger, you are still probably sactificng a lot in the minutia

In this case for Pokemon S&S it seems like it wasn't worth it

>no Metagross
alright im bout to head out

the only pokemon that I like that got in is flygon
fuck

Attached: flygon.jpg (441x335, 42K)

>no Mismagius
dropped

Attached: 1501400819012.jpg (616x689, 64K)

canon ≠ good

Most Grand Theft Auto games

>it wasn't worth it
autist loved having pokemon on the wild on lets go, the thing is if people hear "you can not bring your old pokes to the new one" most casuals dont care becasue now they can be chased bya machamp.

the point is that it's the pokemon itself who is flawed

it's less about canon and more about "that's what you get". it's the same "charizard is actually a manlet"

none of those have that many models to render and many took half a decade to come out.
Persona 5 took 6 years and has only 200 demons which are not animated well either

I feel your pain, fellow Mismagiusbro :(

>The 3DS could handle 800 pokemon
barley as they kept chugging and runnng at 10fps.
same deal here most likley.

Well I'm sure it won't matter for the literal children that play Pokemon but i'm sure this will have an effect on the 15-25+ year old players.

My witchghost nigga

You have to be 18 to post to Yea Forums. Pokemon is for kids. It should look like a kids game.

>Comparing it to The Witcher 3
For fuck's sake, it even looks worse than The Witcher 1

Attached: Over_the_Shoulder_view.jpg (640x512, 77K)

>charmander and charizard
>no bulbasaur or venusaur

Attached: 1531778315720.gif (372x323, 1.99M)

you're retarded. pokemon makes a shitload of money from single adults and nintendo is sure as hell counting on that profit

Reminder that if you pay for this shit you are guaranteeing Pokemon will never be good again.

>national dex
What does this mean? You've lost what exactly?

MASUDAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

>It's meant for kids faggo
>Pokemon is for kids. It should look like a kids game.
shills everywhere pokebros

Attached: 1544462996247.gif (221x196, 410K)

Fellow godpodbro, I'm glad that we survived the snap but I still feel bad for the friends we lost along the way. I cant wait to transfer my shiny bred golisopod over eventually

self-entitled*
just entitled means they've actually been granted the right to bitch about it.

You cant catch em all

lets go sold like 10M without them, i could see a decline on sales but is still going to sell a lot.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Part of the magic of Pokemon when I was growing up was discovering what sort of Pokemon were hiding in the grass, wondering if you'll ever encounter a rare Pokemon. Now that they're pretty much revealed to you, it feels pointless to explore the grassy areas. I'll take RNG over this.

Attached: 1517208634155.png (650x600, 284K)

At least best girl is in, still not buying it though.

Attached: 240px-Sugimori_350.png (240x249, 60K)

Attached: safe image.jpg (1165x1127, 240K)

everybody hated random encounters 5 hours into the game
becasue if you want a specific pokemon you need to enetr 10 battles beofre hand.
having pokemon on the wild is a superior choice.

This. I’m honestly just sad because there’s actually shit I like about the game’s direction

>tfw the SwSh backlash causes Masuda to backpedal on the Wild Area, completely failing to realize it’s a backlash about the national dex.

At a certain point Pokemon fell behind in the whole "this feels like an unlimited world filled with Pokemon" relative to its time. Now it feels more like a virtual theme park than a world where you can have an adventure.

That just makes the game easier, no? I quit half-way into Pokemon Sun after a long hiatus of not playing any Pokemon games since Emerald because of how easy and boring it was.

Is there more footage like this on YouTube or somewhere?
Asking for a thing I'm doing.

They still have random encounters though?

This is fucking bad for Nintendo. They were expecting Pokemon to propel Switch sales after using all their main IPs in the first year. Now they'll have nothing.

was it ever actually a good game? or was it just the fantasy of owning magical animals?

>implying it won't still sell like hotcakes because Pokemon fans are the biggest shit eaters on the planet

Wait that cant actually be it can it? Tyranitar is in so I'm glad but like even Go had more at launch. I'm sure there will be more.. right?

Looks like I'll wait for the sequel

Does Gamefreak have an Osaka Team? Sun/Moon wasn't this fucking terrible.

Attached: QF2Z1Z3.jpg (215x211, 7K)

Shouldn't Wingulls be near the sea?

youtube.com/watch?v=TmWu-f6L0Mo
This has the goldmine you're looking for. I don't know if the Wingull one is in this one specifically.

This is not a complete list. It just lists pokemon that were shown in the promotional materials so far.
There's NO WAY that Charizard is in but other KAAAAAAAANTO starters are not.

>an user was shitposting "You know your favorite pokemon, he's not there
Yes, its shitposting that some people lose out on their fucking starter, the first pokemon they ever had. Fucking bulbasaur and squirtle aren't on that fucking list.

uh it's 2019 bigot. Wingulls can't be contained in your fragile and racist little White World you call a "sea" cracka.

Attached: EdgyReggie.gif (360x203, 805K)

It was promising for its time, but GameFreak got lazier and greedier with each gen after 5.

>There's NO WAY that Charizard gets two Megas but other KAAAAAAAANTO starters do not

I dunno man, this is the first time I'm seeing nearly the entire fanbase revolt against this, yes even worse than LGPE.

>hurrr durr I never played Colosseum

Attached: BgpT4DjqMG.gif (324x223, 1.98M)

Gen 9 will be pure kino if people put their feet down and this shit bombs hard.

bet these retards thought if they just have fag-favorites like lucario in the game no one would bat an eye

you understand that your gif looks 10x better than op's webm right?

WIngulls don't usually hover 2 feet above the ground either. Ever seen a bird gliding?

Even worse he's going to get a new Gigantomax form which is basically a new Mega

THREE MEGAS

>you can't criticize this game because it's been this shit for decades!
Does this sound like what a "fan" would post to you?

fucking lets go sell 10M
LETS
GO
SOLD 10 MILLION
most of the pople that play pokemon dont care about the pokedex. rememebr all those online quest where 80% were nto achieved? mos tof the users buy it, enjoy it until the elite 4 and never touch it again.

Wingull doesn't flap wings, retard. That's the point of the Pokemon.
It just floats in the air like that. It's always been that way, it's not something that Sword and Shield suddenly decided to make up.

so you want them wingulls to not be catchable or something. they are not going to put that kind of realism where tey will just fly upwards.

you can complain about it not going sideways but dont go asking for realism out of fucking pokemon

I would just like to take this moment to remind everyone that this list is not confirmed to be the ONLY pokemon in SwSh.

That said, I would also advise you not to buy SwSh, because the fact that we're having this conversation in the first place is complete bullshit.

Imagine sucking corporate cock.

Yeah, so instead it adjusts its wings and swings left and right on the breeze rather than be a 100% static model that T-poses around the map.

>so you want them wingulls to not be catchable or somethin

Well yeah, Wingull is literally the Zubat of sea routes.

>entire fanbase
lol you are retarded

maybe i'm not looking hard enough but how many people are actually defending this? I wouldn't count anyone in these threads because people can always be ironic here.

>Do you think Gamefreak is really dumb enough to actually give DLC (paid or not) packages of different regional Pokemon in the future?
If everything blows over in a week, why not? If they have to deal with months of bad pre-release WoM and pre-order numbers start getting affected, they'll play the DLC card.

Monkey Paw is probably the only supernatural thing I believe in.

Attached: tumblr_p4dgi6DaEt1sori6yo1_400.gif (400x225, 665K)

I doubt many of you have even played the last few pokemon games. Same as how few of you actually played banjo kazooie.

If you admit its supernatural then you don't believe in it.

100% of all children who own Switches and probably half the people here including a few above your post

"defending" and "being too dumb to notice or care" are different things

when i was a kid i didnt complain about the camera in sonic adventure 2. i didnt even have much of a concept that a higher standard existed. i was just a dumb kid playing games. probably describes a lot of little kids with switches too
so it falls on me, the rational adult here, to say with certainty and conviction: this game looks like shit by the standards of modern hardware. cartoony kids games can in fact look good. this is not an example of one of them

>anime

>This is fucking bad for Nintendo. They were expecting Pokemon to propel Switch sales after using all their main IPs in the first year. Now they'll have nothing.
That's what you initially brought up in this comment chain, and none of this stuff of it looking shitty will affect sales because of how many people don't care that it looks cheap.

My mons were Typhlosion and Pachirisu

the fact is they'll probably make more money since it looks so shitty. cut costs and probably wont even lose any sales because of the strength of the brand

i can still call it shit and be right though.
also i'm not that guy. i was just chiming in on the graphics and your comment was close to the bottom and semi-related

Sorry bro... its too cold so he's gotta stay Home™

Children aren't stupid enough to believe in stationary flight. If they're comfortable with showing something so embarassing from their game then I don't want the final product

>playing pokemon in current year
Let Gamefreak die already. lazy cunts

Toy story did it

Oh I agree with you, your comment was right in line with the "show me who disagrees" that I thought that was you.
I had a feeling when this game was first announced that it wasn't the 3D renaissance everyone wanted for Pokemon. My initial thought was it was another baby game like Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee because a true 3D title with incredible effort put into it would have debuted as the ending to an E3 Direct like BOTW2 just did rather than show up at its own press conference.

gamefreak is killing pokemon

>here's your world bro just keep walking up in a straight line

Attached: iT54oAV.jpg (2456x3473, 993K)

Just fucking imagine a pokemon mmo. If gamefreak was actually competent and was willing to put up the initial effort the shit would coast on itself making hand over fist. It would be the last fucking pokemon game. Sell new regions as expansions, add new monsters anytime you feel like it without the need for organizing whole generations, have the teams and gyms be raids, legendaries and named trainers be events. If gamefreak could get off their asses for one fucking year they would never have to do any real work again except server maintenance.

>open world
notice how they keep saying "THIS AREA is open"
we'll have a few hubs, the rest will be corridors

>Game Freak
>being excited or wanting Pokemon in 2019

I feel really old. I collected the cards starting in the 4th grade when America got Red and Blue. Pokemon Red is a seminal vidya experience for me.
Everything since 3rd gen has pretty much just been buttsauce and I haven't played or cared about Pokemon is over 10 years now. It's not that good tbqh.

This is not an open world faggot

Haven't played a mainline Pokemon game since Platinum, but this looks kinda neat. If Game Freak knows what they're doing, they'll update the fuck out of this.

im sorry little one...

Attached: file.png (1366x570, 734K)

Nobody cares about your blog stupid boomer

>If Game Freak knows what they're doing
they do, they perfectly know they can release gutted shit and people will swallow it up
pokemon is just like the sims, each generation is worse than the previous one with a shiny coat of paint

Attached: file.png (1273x641, 841K)

are those billboards?

Attached: 1558599617730.jpg (240x240, 7K)

Are they fucking retarded? They put in the ice cream cone?

National dex hasn't existed since the DS era. If you're talking about not being able to transfer certain pokemon, who fucking cares? I really do hope you faggots boycott the game. It'll make the community experience down the line way more tolerable than it has been these past 7 years.

I’ve been boycotting since gen 4

>Ralts line
I'm good. Literally all I really cared about.

>gengars in
>lucarios in
>Abomasnows in
>snorlaxs in
>Meowstics in
>Arcanines in
they made it.... but at what cost

Attached: if only you knew how bad things.png (118x137, 23K)

>ctrl+f "regi"
>0 results
LAUNCH 3RD NUKE

Attached: 1558488885333.jpg (200x200, 7K)

>Genwunners finding yet another excuse to complain about muh ice cream cone
It's been 9 years. It's time to move on.

Thank you for your service, user.

Its not open world wild area literally is a box that is meant to make map look bigger then it is. It's all empty space

based

Attached: SwSh_Bingo.png (906x1200, 587K)

It just blows my mind that the developers of the biggest video game franchise in the world think they can afford to be this lazy.
This is just...wow.

But that's just it.
They can afford to be this lazy because it's the biggest video game franchise in the world.
They could stick the Pokemon tag on a literal piece of shit and call it shittermon and people would buy it.

based

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-13 at 07.59.02.png (148x283, 30K)

I don't know what the fuck a national dex is. Kill yourselves /vp/ autist and go back arguing about """""""""""""""""'mons"""""""""""""""""""

I'm not even sure what we're complaining about here. I haven't been interested in Pokemon since HG/SS, someone fill me in as to what is wrong in this webm.

Well fuck pokemon fags, and most importantly fuck nintendo fags.
I'd really like to acquire nintendo's supernatural power that makes it possible for them to brainwash billions of people into not only letting them getting away with constantly being 2 generations behind everyone else, but also buy their products unconditionally and cheer them on, and defend them on the internet.
Really, I'd like to know how they do it because it's just unreal.

Attached: 1541207573307.png (620x581, 16K)

The Wingull glide, as they have done since they first appeared in gen 3, instead of flapping their wings.
People are using it as an excuse to shit on the new Pokemon game's animation in desperation because they're salty the game isn't how they want it to be and need to rage like autists at something.

It's called nostalgia and appealing to moms by being as braindead innocent as possible.

Thanks for adding some clarity to the situation.

See that's what i figured, but I also assumed someone would've pointed this out already, and we would've moved on to some other webm in the 5 or so "look how bad this new pokemon game looks" threads.

I got Weavile, Gengar, and Pangoro at least, really missing Gliscor

1.) All bird capable of flying glide, but it involves more than sliding around motionless next to the ground like being stuck in a tpose
2.) There stuff in the video games and anime that show Wingull flapping their wings

Attached: Thanosuda Im Sorry Little One.jpg (1366x570, 207K)

It's not about them not flapping their wings. It's literally their models being just there and they "move" without any animation whatsoever. You would expect them to at least float or sway or something. This is like some indie developer figured out how to put stolen assets into their game and found out how to move them around. It's incredibly lazy no matter how you look at it.

Who cares? They glide now faggot. Don't like it don't buy the game and let the series move away from pandering to nostalgic boomer autists. If anything this explosion of shit at the new game shows why they need to sell to kids now. You autists would be angry no matter what they did.

Attached: wingullpokemonblack.gif (96x96, 27K)

But they are swaying user. Look how they move slowly in an arch side to side. That's swaying.

My frog team got obliterated. Guess going tough guys party with pangoro leading it

Luigi's Mansion 3 has working mirrors, and looks way better. While I know it's all corridors, it's the level of polish that Pokemon should have.

>No Electivire
2 nukes were not enough

That's a whole lot of false assumptions you just made, but someone with GameFreak's dick so far up their ass is naturally going to be incapable of understanding why people prefer their games to be more than the most base level effort.

Attached: 1556961391817.png (112x112, 7K)

There's two dexes. One that contains Pokemon in the order they're introduced in the games story and another which lists all of them. Getting the National dex allows you to trade from other games or the pokebank.

No idea how Sun/Moon did it.

Can you delete this? Its not helping.

>>It soars high in the sky, riding on updrafts like a glider. It carries food tucked in its bill.

It glides on UPDRAFTS. It glides off of WIND CARRYING IT UP INTO THE AIR. It doesn't need to flap because WIND IS UNDER IT. Wingull does not fucking float like in the OP, there is no air coming out of that fucking grass.

They are not. They are stuck in T pose and moved around, that is not swaying.

>Wobbuffet
Hell yeah motherfucker.

Technically they're in the sky in OPs webm

DELETE

DELETE RIGHT NOW OR I CALL THE JANNIES I'M NOT JOKING, DELETE

Unless there's a fan under that tall grass keeping it afloat there's no reason it shouldn't be flapping.

Pokemon Black is non-canon

You joke user, but people are actually performing this level of mental gymnastics to defend gamefreak

I gave into despair early into gen 7. It briefly came back with some of the earlier gen8 announcements, but now it's dashed pretty much completely. The franchise is dead, and doomed to spend the rest of it's dwindling relevance in pachinko parlors.

>Quagsire is in
>Aegislash and Chandelure are out

I'm being 100% serious

The grass just produces so much oxygen in this region that it becomes an updraft even slightly above. Happy now user?

>No slowpoke
Wow, that is surprising

Joltik is in at least

you know you guys who want to bring over your level 99 wartortle from pokemon red really are fucking insufferable autistic retards but nintendo made their bed by making games catering to you. I usually just beat the game, leave and never see my old pokemon again so I don't give a fuck.

Cringe

They're probably in. This list isn't complete yet. I highly doubt any gen 1 pokemon will be axed, seeing as the pokemon company refuses to stop shilling them.

>no abra line
YOMERO

>bugbros
Golisopod got in, but I see no mention of Kabutops or this fellow yet.

Attached: Shedinja.png (250x250, 61K)

Garbodor needs an ability that absorbs entry hazards. That would completely redeem it.

All mon have getting dynamaxed animation plus some get a different animation loop (like scorbunny)

Those that are in thr game that is

I haven't played Pokemon since I was a kid (I'm 30), when Red and Blue were still new games. I recently bought a switch for other games, but heard about the possibility of 3D console Pokemon and was interested. Knowing the success of the pokemon franchise, I figured they would go all out (wasn't aware of Game Freak's reputation) and it would have a massive budget so as to invest in their IP even more.

HAHAAHAHA no..... This game looks like utter dogshit, like scandalously bad. If you are considering buying this now I want to punch you in the face for being such a no standards piece of shit.

Gamefreak cumguzzlers on suicide watch

>No Dragonite
>No Marowak
>No Talonflame
That hurts
But we’ve got Ninetales/Arcanine, Gengar, Snorlax, Based Ttar, Lanturn, and Milotic so we’re doing all right. Curious about what the new mons will be. Already sold on Corviknight, hopefully these some more new stuff that’s good.

Do you think the legendaries will show a new super form when dynamaxed?

>retards buy the same shit every year
>get mad when devs don't try

I like how there wasn't a single serious reply to this.
They literally couldn't come up with a single defense

DAMN look at those QUALITY animations. I sure am GALD Gamefreak is able to REVOLUTIONIZE Pokemon after all these YEARS. Not only can you SEE pokemon in the overworld, but my FAVORITES are in the game as well. Not to mention Gamefreak has become the masters of CUTE girls in their games. Not other company can get CLOSE to Gamefreak and PokeWAIFUS. I really WISH Gamefreak didn’t get as much HATE as they’re getting NOW.

Attached: 2019.webm (852x480, 2.69M)

>Pangoro
>Glalie
>Tyranitar
Thank fucking god. If Torterra and Metagross don't make it I will be very pissed off.

Let's be honest most of the sweaty NEETs complaining about the animation quality are still gonna buy the game so they can fap to fresh Pokegirls.

>NOOOO STOP BULLYING THE MULTI BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY YOU FUCKING GAMERS REEEE!!

You act like a dynamaxing animation isn’t just the pokemon’s roar animation, and increasing the scale. Only gen wun Pokemon will get the special gigantomax forms just like only gen wuns got aloja forms

He made it

Attached: 202Wobbuffet2.png (1280x1280, 820K)

looks nice in motion

I haven't played pokemon since ruby and I'm shocked that these faggots have made such little progress other than bloating the dex in all this time.

It's not about being stylized, it's about having more detail for better immersion.

I don't know why anybody expects pokemon to be as detailed as the witcher, that's just crazy.

We're talking about a company who thought going from 2D to 3D was revolutionary in 2013.

OH NONOONONONONONO

My cynicism thought it was just an NPC with a person on your friend list's name. But I'm pretty sure that other trainer was standing in the distance before running at the player

are you ready for breath of the Pokemon?
Empty fields! You can climb that wall! not in the rain though (so innovative!)
we replaced the 8 gyms with over 50 random trainers who hold seals across the region! you need 15 seals to go to the elite 4 but you might regret rushing it!

I swear to god, I’ve been seeing this same exact post for the last 4 years in these type of threads.
Don’t you apologists get tired of saying the same shit to different criticisms?

>every building faces mecca

They understand what their best designs are, why can't you?

Ain't played a pokemon game since ruby because they're all rehash filth.

Buying this one, suck my dick.

Shedinja is underrated. It's easy to counter, but it can also easily be immune to entire move sets.

colosseum and xd legit look better
wtf happened

there are a lot of nice effects in games that are lost in a screenshot. games just look better in motion than in a still frame most of the time. I could say the same thing about red dead or ass creed man.

BASED BOTW FANBOY

Good for you.
Bet you feel good about yourself.

baste creepy old potato giver. I had to watch this a few times just to check in disbelief that I wasn't misreading it.

Not buying of course, but I look forward to it coming out just so I can watch autistic melt down youtube reviews about how terrible and disappointing it is.

I do

>t-they will fix it!
Lmao, you guys have been saying this for every pokemon game in the last 8 years

This list isn't final, right? They're not seriously preventing a large majority of the national dex from being transferred?

Btfo

My sister still played it long after I quit but she stopped buying the new games years ago because she said the quality had gotten so bad. I'll have to ask her about it tomorrow.

>Gamefreak apologists will defend a game released in 2019 on the Switch that has less content than a game released in 2017 on the 3DS and also somehow looks less visually appealing than Zelda: Windwaker, a game released in 2002 on the fucking Gamecube.

Ahahahahaha, this franchise is so fucking doomed. It started with LGPE, it continues with SWSH, and it only gets worse from here on out.

Expect only a fraction of the total dex available in upcoming games with paid DLC locking your favorite mons away from you.

Attached: windwaker.jpg (1276x929, 182K)

I know, cornered many a Kyogre with it.
Fun stuff, I also saved a replay of a really good JP player who bodied me with a team entirely focused around Shedinja.

No one uses bug types, the are weak, weak to best type and yeah fuck em almost as useless as normal types.

Attached: Sonic-the-Hedgehog.png (800x600, 338K)

>t-they didn't have many models to work with!
>they took longer to make too!!
You shills are doing a poor job defending GameFreak you know.

Attached: 1494633446240.gif (239x277, 278K)

Don't know why you're all shitting on it, it looks pretty nice for a ps3 game

>It started with LGPE
No it didn't.
It started with XY.
That's when the decline happened.
It only got worse from thereon after.

Attached: 1344831609692.jpg (640x480, 36K)

I'm pretty sure Dragon Quest has just as many monsters to render

this is just getting embarrassing, legitimately reminds me of fallout 76

Scolipede is awesome, though

Attached: 545Scolipede[1].png (1280x1280, 670K)

Please understand, Gamefreak is just a small indie team

You smell bad.

>no magnemite
A-at least Wobbuffet is in.

SM just did away with the whole idea of a National dex. Stuff that's in the Alola dex can be caught in the wild, everything else is either from the Island Scan mechanic or needs to be transferred through Bank.
Oh, and obviously they didn't bother to create Pokedex entries for things that aren't in the Alola dex.

X is a shit gme with a cool world

Technically as advertised by shitfreak, the bank was supposed to function as the natdex for them.

People who think X is a shit game do not like video games.

Yeah, and I naively assumed that Bank would also give us Pokedex entries.

When GF can reuse stuff, they do. Including dex entries like in the bank.

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Oh I noticed alright.
They made 3D models for everything once with XY and by god are they going to use these for every fucking game they're ever going to release.

And ironically enough non-mainline uses them better.

Attached: buzzwoleGAO2.webm (720x720, 2.88M)

Let's go seems to be better this.
Sword and shield just seem pathetic.

>Cousin gloats that no non-Nationalmons is a good thing because they'll be able to cull bad Pokemon like "that shitty garbage bag one"
>Point out Garbodor is safe.

I wish I could show you all the look on his face.

Attached: fudd.jpe.jpg (500x458, 50K)

>no tentacool
>no zubat
are you fucking me right now my favorites are some of the most common pokemon in the series and they're not in? god i feel so right jumping ship after pokemon X

Attached: 1539171509393.png (728x546, 29K)

>all those overpowered pokemon
>all those shillmons
Holy fucking shit, this list is so transparent in its favoritism.

Attached: 1560269351051.png (404x386, 330K)

>caring about pokemon past B/W2
Wew lad

Let's Go is a remake that somehow managed to be worse than its 15-year-old predecessor.
It also came with the disgusting GO mechanics, so it automatically is worse that any other Pokemon game.

they do this shit because they quite literally can afford to be this lazy.

Kids and autistic adults will continue to buy these games no matter how bad they are just because its Pokemon.

/thread

Tell him ice cream is back too

Attached: happy joltik.jpg (250x250, 7K)

Yeah they're really going to include shitmons nobody remembers for the sake of the 5 people who love them.
Get real faggot.

Attached: fhgfdg.png (600x600, 211K)

Pokemon must be one of the wealthiest IPs on the planet. If GF wanted to, they probably could justify the budget to have some grand RDR type open world filled with shit. But no, they're the most ridiculously lazy ass company in the entire industry who thinks a bunch of T-pose pokemon floating around is all their players deserve.

pokemon has literally been the same shit ever since blue and red and now people suddenly start complaining?

If Gamefreak apologized and said they would add the rest of the roster back, but it would be a free update six months after release, would you accept it?

>little Timmy asks her mother to pay for Pokémon home to send his Incineroar to SwSh
>it's not in the Galar dex
>can't send it back to SUMO
>has to keep paying the service or Incineroar will be deleted

Attached: 1524012045538.jpg (333x337, 21K)

Is "too much work" really the excuse, or is it a balancing thing? I'd care about if not for the fact that we're obviously getting more Pokemon if not later then in Pokemon Gun or the possible Gen 4 remakes. I'd be okay with them changing up the composition of Pokemon in each reach because that makes sense,

Attached: 1559271281967.png (449x470, 25K)

>Only enough pokemon I like for a team of 4
Flygon
Vaporeon
Gardevoir
Galvantula
Fuck man, you couldn't give me the Shedinja line? Or at least Scyther/Skarmory/Absol?

One of? No no no. Its THE wealthiest IP in human history.
90 Billion dollars. More than star wars and marvel combined.

>caring about pokemon past Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald
Absolute state of zoomers

Yeah fans would be fine with it. Its what happened with SM, and nobody really had a problem with it.
I personally still wouldn't buy it because it looks fucking terrible anyway.

>WAAAAAAAAH WHY IS AN UNFINISHED GAME LOOK UNFINISHED
Nigger THOSE ARE THE FLYING ANIMATIONS FROM FOUR (4) F O U R GAMES AGO
FROM 2013

no

don't release a game until it's ready.

People have been complaining for a long time. It's just that it becomes more and more ridiculous with time and especially the fact that they had the excuse of being confined to handled consoles. Now that they are on switch people expected something better than... This thing. This is one of the biggest grossing series ever, there is zero excuse for this, it's one of the most ridiculous things ever.

bw2 was superior to rse in every single way

>no Sentret
>no Hoppip
>no Porygon
Fuck you.

>This is one of the biggest grossing series ever
*THE biggest grossing series ever
Do not let the shills forget it.

No. The problems go deeper than just the roster.

Nigger, this isn't the 90s any more, these 'children' you seem to know so much about are the same ones reporting every little glitch in shit like Fortnite. Kids aren't as retarded as you think.

Now that we know about Wild Areas this map looks really really fucking small, its going to have less than 10 actual routes

BW2 is objectively a better game than all these 3

THIS IS IMPORTANT...

Sword wolf, shield wolf...

What the fuck is the 3rd? Something that wields both? Spear? Axe? Gun?

Attached: al;sdkfj;lajs.jpg (690x700, 60K)

what the fuck are you söy drinkers talking about
what the fuck is a national dex

Attached: nervousheavy.jpg (236x226, 9K)

The best thing about this is that Masuda is finally taking his place as a household name hack on the internet, joining the ranks of Todd Howard and others.
Because of this people will finally get to see the other shit he's been saying about the franchise for all this time.

listen here dobson

i haven't given a fuck about pokemon since g/s

i played r/s but i was pretty much mentally checked out of the series by that point

always a shame to see a series consistently get worse over time because the devs just stop giving a shit

I imagine it would be based on Fenrir, so it would probably be a water type with a sword stuck in it's open mouth and a shield face or something.

XY and SM already did the "balance VGC by only allowing Kalos/Alola Dex pokes" and XY had that period where Bank didn't exist yet and people only had Kalos dex pokes.
So no, it's not a balance thing, because they could've just made the Galar dex, stated that VGC was gonna use these pokes and only these pokes and then still allow people to import old pokes, because those wouldn't be allowed in VGC anyway.

And I doubt they'll update any old animations. IIRC XY's models had a ridiculous amount of polygons and were pretty much made with the idea of keeping them around for a while in mind.
Gamefreak has simply become lazy and complacent. They know they can sell literal garbage in a box and as long as it has the name "Pokemon" attached to it, it'll sell.

You know how every Pokemon game up until now has every Pokemon? Gamefreak doesn't feel like doing the work for that anymore, which means that they are outright not putting the data for the Pokemon into the game. No matter what you do, a whole portion of the Pokedex will never be in the game.

>will finally get to see the other shit he's been saying about the franchise for all this time
Please share

Attached: 1559862103096.png (556x504, 245K)

One of my friends is exactly like that rn. Saving this picture

Hooray. Sneaking is back.

I'll miss my Genesect.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Md_OQkWmvU

kek a few of the slaves are revolting, although he conflates GameFreak's incompetence with Nintendo too much.

>Do you really think 800+ pokemon could be made in an open world RPG?

How many different enemies are there in WoW?

one minute looking at that just lets you KNOW that its only emplyee favs that got in.

Yeah no shit, it flaps in the OP's game too, retard.

Someone probably has a good screencap but here's some

Masuda on difficulty in the Pokemon series:
>So when we tried to think about how kids these days generally play games, what came to mind was mobile games really. Games which you play for a short time, and perhaps you'll be moving between various games pretty quickly, so if it was a game that kind of takes about two hours to get into, we thought that perhaps people might get a bit bored and then decide to move on to a different game. So back in the day, even playing in the virtual console version of the original Pikachu version, it might take you know thirty hours, forty hours to kind of complete, or progress significantly in the game. And in this age with so many games to choose from, we thought that we'd rather make something that was easier to progress through, and kind of tailor that playstyle to how we think that the playstyle has evolved over the years and how children are playing games now.

Masuda on making games:
“Of course, it is very difficult to make the game, so I hope people don’t get their expectations up too high,”

Masuda on why there's no battle frontier in ORAS:
This question is connected with my previous answer. We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason. Interviewer's note: In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging.

It's the fucking worst.
>"do you expect TPC to make 800 overworld models, with walking animations"
>when ALL OF THAT is done in Sun and Moon but was never used

I like BotW, but I don't want every game to be BotW. That would be boring.

loooool

Attached: VE_gde.gif (250x250, 664K)

No it fucking doesn't lmao, are you blind

>3rd version
>Implying GF won't try and double dip again like ULTRA CHANGES

Pokemon Claymore and Pokemon Aegis.

>no koffing
excuse me you little shit

>models and animations are the same since 2013
>"no it fucking doesn't lmao i'm not retarded hurr"

>Duskull
>Snover
>Lotad
>Trubbish

BASED

Watch the OP webm again, blind retard

Legit fucking lol if they even leave out ditto and make breeding even harder

Attached: Mee Lee Dee.gif (317x229, 2.47M)

Spear? Maybe it will have a big horn that looks like a spear.

>only furbait/pander pokémons got in
this game is gonna be so great guise.
sawk is based
very correct
>"I've been looking for you. Got something I'm supposed to deliver - your hands only."
>windwaker is 2002
this makes me feel old
i never had hope for any gen after 6.
pwnt
its going to be a dumpster fire.
>ORIGINARR POKEMANU- DONOTTE STEARU

Attached: regirock below.jpg (1200x1200, 170K)

>Lanturn
Yes he appear but I don't gonna buy this shit

That would still suck but not as much as now.

Masuda said that he hopes Pokemon isn't just hatching eggs for people.
Real possibility ditto isnt in

Play the actual game, mentally challenged retard. They flap in battle like in every other 3D Pokemon game.

You go bro!
I'm also buying the game and wasting my money just to anger Yea Forums!

shut the fuck up regirock

WHAT IF WE LIKE HATCHING EGGS MASUDA?!

how do we stop him
his power increases

Jeeze, barely any Pokemon made the cut to begin with.

(

Attached: 1533886356340.png (1508x1354, 1.26M)

Tyranitar is in it so all is good

>has better animation
You just proved OPs point retard

>Took you THIS long to come up with a reply and its a bold faced lie
Absolute state of Gamefreak cumguzzlers

>Make a system where the most efficient way to get good Pokemon other than injecting is breeding
>wtf why are people spending so much time hatching eggs

Attached: new biking simulator meta.webm (560x430, 138K)

No shit retard, it's an incompletely list from a demo.

He knows.
That's why hatching eggs was so shit in SM.
No fuck you, game, I don't want to use two hands to hatch eggs.

Attached: Autism box.gif (560x430, 1.55M)

How am i lying?

wingulls in op's webm aren't flapping their wings in the slightest

So? Use your imagination.

It hurt to type this.

Fuck off regirock

Get in a battle, idiot.

How in the fuck is this acceptable?

Its almost like theyre designing the product for a market

>moving the goalpost
Pathetic

Reminder

UltraSun and UltraMoon has the largest regional Pokedex in the series with 403 Pokemon native to Alola. Even with that, the game also had 400 more Pokemon in its code purely to support transfer.

At some point this was going to collapse on itself.

No! You can't let them bite your hands when they're young or they'll grow thinking that's acceptable behavior.

I'm perfectly positive my boy will make it. If Golisopod and Hydreigon could, so can it. Plus, Will-o-the-wisp's are very commons paranormal sightings and England is chock-full is that type of stuff.
Not sure about Naganadel, but knowing UB lore, they'll bullshit them in somehow.

Attached: 159bfe80f80a078024b6bc8f2c5a9d28.png (500x505, 153K)

With all the cuts to bugs I'm really surprised joltik and galvantula made it.

They probably don’t want to put in 1000 new models in the game. If only they’d started sooner...

No you fucking absolute retard. Masuda said he's making picks based on the cold climate of the region. Which is why pokemon like Charizard and Ninetails are in and why pokemon like Regice are not.

>moving the goalpost
>when with this Pokemon it has only been the case in every single game, ever
Huh-uh. Another game with overworld Wingull is HGSS. And in that game it's the only flying sprite that doesn't flap either. Even its evolution does.

Attached: fcb2bb1ca779382b6dc1c96c189e47eb816963a6r1-356-660_00.gif (173x320, 2.96M)

>wahhhhhhhhhhh I'm not satisfied unless I transfer my 1500 lvl 100 mons from my other games
Why aren't you faggots complaining about how stupid the giant battles look??

Why would there be fire pokemon and not ice ones in a cold region

Cheer up guys, at least we're getting Death Stranding after all, switch leak confirmed

Attached: death stranding switch.png (730x497, 384K)

Man. Pokemon Snap 2 looks weird

HGSS is ten years old and barely any of the sprites had meaningful animations because they are tiny sprites
How does that excuse Wingulls in the year of our lord floating around in the overworld straight as a ruler

Shut. The. Fuck. UP.
Regice needs to stay home because its too cold.
Charizard is perfectly at home there.

Fucking BASED.

Attached: 1546275562509.gif (248x248, 55K)

get out regirock

>Galvantula is in
Best bug is there so it's ok.

Those look fine, and the secondary effects moves have will make weather/terrain battles fun.
This disaster is not fine instead.

>when ALL OF THAT is done in Sun and Moon but was never used
Say what?

I am about to play Sun/Moon for the first time (Starting Ultra Moon) and you're telling me they could have my pokemon following me but didn't enable it?

>the whole premise of buying a game is to support the studio so they have a bigger budget to improve the game

I’m convinced that some of you on this board are here solely to wind people up.

Wow fucking ebin meme guys!
Shut the fuck up. Regirock posting on forum doesn't even make omp omp sense retards

If every single game had them in the same way, "every" also counting spinoffs like Colosseum PBR and whatever, why would the new one be any different? Also why are you ignoring this ?

Imagine playing Pokemon past 20 except for completing 100% the game you had as a kid.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_wd8KSNHBut1ewRB1NvUfzpc_rCmJlTD
A playlist of every generation of pokemon walking and running

>It's okay for them to be lazy because the other lazy games they made did the same thing!
Yikes imagine actually defending this low quality shit, and pretending like someone didn't already post a gif from 2d wingull who does move his wings.

>“Of course, it is very difficult to make the game, so I hope people don’t get their expectations up too high,”
Imagine being so shit at what you do that you have to tell people to not have any expectation.
Just think if someone with real drive and pride in their craft like Itsuno was in charge of this series. Someone who won't coast or settle for "Good enough"

Attached: Based Savior of Video Games.png (1136x1544, 1.47M)

While you are pretending i didn't post a 3D Wingull moving its wings? And that another 3D nonflapping Wingull was posted before the 2D one? Why does the flap i posted not count for some reason but the 2D one does?

Also i'm not defending the game, i'm just attacking other ones, while you are going
>it's okay for other games to be lazy because i like them more

No fucking excuses, even Emerald has it and every other flying mon in HGSS but Dustox does it. Why are you so keen on defending HGSS?

Jesus christ GF i know Butterfree is a shitmon and all but what the fuck it didn't deserve this

Attached: what the fuck.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Damn, what a waste not to use all that.

>Goodra actually dripping shit everywhere
Awesome
>Skarmory completely stiff and just bobbing slightly
Lame.

I hope everyone realizes the kit they recorded this on was using more power than the Switch puts out so it's going to look worse on it.

thats even worse, holy shit

>No Escavalier

Pokemon on home console was a mistake.

Attached: 090393.jpg (700x876, 308K)

>No Infernape
>No Delphox
>No Lilligant
>No Ribombee
>No Volcarona
>No Luxray
>No Zebstrika
>No Pincer
>No Heracross
>No Scizor
>No Talonflame
>No Vivillon
>No Noivern
>No Toucannon
>No Aegislash
>No Trevenant
>No Serperior
>No Excadrill
>No Beedrill
>No Nidoking
>No Salazzle
>No Alolan Raichu (Maybe)
>No Aurorus
>No Cloyster
>No Feraligatr
These are my favorites and they are not on that list yet. I'm sad, but at least a few of my favorites did show up.

Attached: lilligant_used_mean_look__by_zeskii_dbktkdi-pre.jpg (894x894, 87K)

y-y-y-y-you expect gamefreak employees to work themselves to death to code those into the games???

>also the game is meant for children you fucking moron
but they advertised it for veterans of the series?

I don't know why idiots keep responding to the "make the cut" post, it makes no sense to do it now when the list is incomplete with just 180 mons or so.

i feel like a fucking moron for buying a copy of X when it was new, game was so easy it was terrible. Im not expecting stupid hard mechanics, its pokemon of all things, but the gym leaders didnt even have 4 moves on any pokemon or a full team

Its safe to assume all of Gen 1 will in the game. Because of Lets Go they can't use the argument we don't have updated shit. And its Gen 1 of course it's in.

>60$ game looks like 5$ game
Wow, nintendo as always

No sacrifice is too great for such a noble cause.

>Pokemon is for kids. It should look like a kids game.
One of those games was a Digimon game, a franchaise that people usually view as a kid franchaise

Please blame gamefreak and Masuda specifically.

>but the gym leaders didnt even have 4 moves on any pokemon or a full team
...so you hate any game since RBY? BW especially?

I expect them to make the game look better than fucking decade old Stadium games, the chucklefucks can't even do that

Congrats user! You are correct and this is already confirmed
All Kanto pokemon are confirmed transferable

game looks like absolute ASS, but hey it's pokemon so it will sell a fuckload either way

such a shame, just imagine a pokemon game that's half the game breath of the wild is, they could pull it off too if they actually wanted

Attached: 1489283029366.jpg (1536x1644, 312K)

>posts image of cringe pikmin fanboy
yikes

you only have so much time to make shit, this stuff is on deadlines and they have quarterly quotas to fill, if you go open world the time gets allocated to that, stuff doesn't just get bigger out of a void, it takes man hours and work, nothing is free, you make the decision to make one thing that is the same as making the decision to take away from another until you can more time to put into both.

>no Giratina

That's all I needed to know. I'm out, see ya guys

>inb4 "pokemon packs" as paid DLC

Attached: Platinum_Giratina.png (537x555, 425K)

>Mew
>Charizard

Okay

>just imagine a pokemon game that's half the game breath of the wild is
BOTW has just mechanics for it, its """dungeons""" are ass and enemy variety is even worse.

I thought you faggots attacked the latest games for having all legendaries, now it's bad that they aren't there?

>game doesn't have a national dex on launch
>developer will implement it in a later update
>american trannies go on an autistic twitter rampage anyway
for what exact reason? do they just enjoy being angry?

Attached: 1523367962604.jpg (600x465, 145K)

>capeshit analogy
I agree but go fuck yourself

Giratina gets a pass for being based as fuck both stats-wise and lore-wise. Literally the Devilman of Pokemon. Not to mention he's aesthetic all fuck.

Attached: Shiny_Giratina_Origin_Form_by_DrDim.png (460x449, 140K)

Please educate yourself on the topic before outing yourself as a retard next time.

>>developer will implement it in a later update
No they won't, Masuda even said that this situation of SnS not having all the Pokemon will become the standard moving forward. When asked about a DLC update the inital reply was a hard "NO", only for it to turn into a "maybe" after literally everybody from casuals to Yea Forums flipped their shit.

Attached: 1531451140003.jpg (548x411, 123K)

Until they say anything to this effect there's zero reason to assume it will happen

>Literally the Devilman of Pokemon
But that's Salamence.

If that was the case then people wouldn't be flipping out, genius.

>its """dungeons""" are ass

So what you're saying is it's a perfect match for modern Pokemon.

Attached: vera-volcano-park.gif (702x817, 25K)

wow dude what an epic adventure, totally not a plastic tourist trap, so great to see how pokemon has progressed from the game boy days

>pokemon
>updating ever
>being so uninformed about Pokemon that you have that much respect and trust in gamefreak
You don't know who you are dealing with here, user

no

no they did not.

>Trapinch
>Dieno
>Joltik
>Ralts
Cool. Still, fuck this game

If that were the case it probably would of just been
>"The national dex wont be there at launch"
therefore implying it will eventually come, but that isn't the case you peanut brain.

Attached: 1538136608332.png (344x418, 125K)

>BUT THEY'LL PATCH IT
just like how they patched the battle frontier in right

h-hayai!

Let's be honest, you don't need all 1000 Pokemon in every game, Digimon does it best by doing rotations, keeping the ones people actually care about, and rotating out the lame ones so you can expect something better every new game,

I was actually interested in getting it until I saw all this shit, will probably get it second hand a couple of years after release (recently got Lets Go for 20 bucks, not giving Ninty my shekels)

Imagine trying to justify cutting Pokemon and selling them back to us for another $60. Fuck off, this shit has been standard for the entire series duration barring the jump from Gen 2 to Gen 3 and should stay that way.

Attached: tell me lies tell me sweet little lies.png (688x262, 35K)

there's no way they aren't including all 150 Kanto, I'll eat my own ass if they do

Why should people not be able to transfer old Pokemon over once they beat the game? Are you advocating for less player choice?

>people with talent

No really. Why doesn't Nintendo rip Pokemon from Gamefreak's hands and see how Monolith Soft tackles a mainline game? They do overworlds so fucking well.

next its gonna be
>video games in general are for kids anyway fag

Hubs aren't open world.

I gurantee you'll get way more out of the games the less resources they spend trying to include every piece of shit design they ever invented in attempt to create enough monsters for a full roster only to never care about them again once they're unto the next generation. Having more .jpgs/models in your game doesn't give you any actual added choice to the game itself.

>you don't need
What the fuck is 'need'?
By that logic why not cut every old pokemon? Why not just have a single pokemon? You could still technically beat the game so you wouldn't 'need' them, right?

i hope thats a work in progress, because, damn, thats fucking lazy.

If the entire pokedex isn't in the game, I'm not going to buy this game.
I don't care if they're obtainable or not, a pokemon game without the national dex will never be anything more than a spinoff.

This could be a decent game when we get a good Switch emulator and mod in some HD graphics and if it will have some "speed-up" option to "skip" cutscenes.

Yeah well except this game is not really doing anything else to compensate for it
>you can make your pokemons BIG
W-whoa...

>you'll get way more out of the games the less resources they spend trying to include
REALLY user? LOOK AROUND YOU. LOOK AT WEBMS. WATCH THE TRAILERS
WHERE IS THE FUCKING QUALITY THAT COMES FROM CUTTING DOWN THE ROSTER?? CAN YOU SEE ANY FUCKING QUALITY?
YES I AM SEETHING

They are adding more new Pokemon each generation then any one person could hope to have fun with in an average length game, you don't need 1000th Pokemon in an average length Pokemon game, and you don't them for competetive play, cutting out the ones that were unpopular and not going to be used leaves you more time to focus on the core of the game, as long as you leave in a large portion each game there's always the chance the come back in the next iteration, of which there will be more than you could ever hope to play in your lifetime

Yes Gamefreak is shit regardless, but at least it's a start to fixing their problems

Pokemon games haven't been good since Hg/Ss

Attached: 1559245302918.jpg (283x283, 8K)

Open world is dogshit but this is just Gamefreak laziness. Would be the same shit if it was a linear corridor.

The variety and number of pokemon in the game, even if you have to get some via trading or transferring through generations, is THE draw to pokemon. Without that insane variety, pokemon is literally just a shitty JRPG that nobody would play.
Until this generation gets a national pokedex I'm treating pokemon as if it's in a coma.

No because the flow of CO2 that the grass intakes is also to be considered, and if it was a super oxygen producer it would consume as much CO2 evening it out.

>he thinks it's still children playing Pokemon

BW2 games are superior in literally every way except for starters.

I wish they made more games like Colosseum. Less new mons, more unique stories and characters. I don't give a fuck about the meta.

Except the "core" of the game has been increasingly shit with every iteration. Literally no one is looking forward to play the story or to beat the now even more braindead easy gym leaders

>Canon pokemon ended with Sun and Moon
Nice.

It's the draw TO A POINT, If tomorrow they came out with a game that just had millions of Pokemon that they just whipped up in seconds no one would give a shit, it woudn't be fun, it would just take this magical world that they were trying to create and just completley shit all over it with designs no one cares for, you'd just end up ignoring half of them, it ruins the immersion when you have these increasingly shitty designs, by cutting back they'd be able to (in theory) focus more on what they want the game to look like THROUGH the Pokemon they end up choosing, and being able to continue that theme and selection through every new game by taking out the stuff the didn't work, and keeping the ones that did, maybe even bringing them back for a second chance if they think it fits, with the old system it was only going to get worse and more bloated and we've finally reached the breaking point, if you want Gamefreak to get good, which granted would take a miracle at this point, just keeping all the Pokemon every time is not the way to go about it.

Attached: 1529069739587.png (1262x709, 598K)

>t. OMP OMP OMP

looks like gamefreak played a lot of dragon quest 11

They need to stop adding new pokemon and just add evolutions and pre-evolutions to existing ones
The modern designs are proof that g*mefreak has completely lost the plot, ie they are complete dogshit

Attached: pokemon_sword_shield_impidimp_new_pokemon.jpg (885x596, 56K)

What? At this rate Pokemon will look half as good as DQ11 by 2029.

But DQ 11 has a good looking open world (relative to it's style) and some challenging combat at times. Also probably most gameplay mechanics in entire series (maybe DQ VIII has more with monster battle arena thingy), new pokemon is streamlined as fuck.

>No Scyther

Attached: ahhhhhh.png (1024x1023, 506K)

You've never been able to gather a full Pokedex legit since like the third gen. National Dex only allows you to trade or import which completely undermines the concept of "Catching them all".

Really this is all Masuda's fault for axing the Stadium series like the colossal faggot he is. Having the competitive aspect of Pokemon attached to the main game like a tumor was a stupid idea. Leave capturing/collecting to the main games and let a company with some actual talent handle the competitive aspect.

Don't think that bugbros will get lots of love, Gen V is the only one I think that really focused on them. Last gen fucked up, Vikavolt is slower than Caterpie for example.

that and I grantee you there is no way in hell you are playing with every single fucking Pokemon in every single game, you might be trasnfering them sure, your not using 807 Pokemon in Sun & Moon, then using all 807 again in Sun & Moon 2 in every single battle, using everyone from Vanillite to Sandy Burmy, and then doing the same thing over again the second the new game comes out, and if you are you are completley missing the fucking point to having fun in these games, because there is no variety in that, the game is recognizing these different Pokemon in any meaningfull way, there's is no time, they are just statistics when it's is mandatory to include all of them, and that's the real tragedy killing the series.

Attached: 1552664023144.png (1264x592, 261K)

This, fuck this shit.

>If tomorrow they came out with a game that just had millions of Pokemon that they just whipped up in seconds no one would give a shit
which is why it's taken them over TWENTY YEARS to amass about a thousand good designs
The one thing that's been established in pokemon games is that we, the players, get to have that freedom of choice from the pokemon (the core aspect of the entire franchise) that have been built up over the years. Not whatever retard is in charge. Removing pokemon is not going to make the game better in any way, all it does is remove choice from the players and make the only good aspect of the games more shallow.

it's taken them twenty years to amass... designs
they are not all good, or even fucking passable

I-I don't see squirtle bros...

>we thought that perhaps people might get a bit bored and then decide to move on to a different game
should have thought of that before they put 10 hours of tutorial in Sun and Moon.

They haven't revealed everyone yet, they'll probably be in the game. R-right?

>they need to stop adding new pokemon and just add new pokemon
Do you even think before typing or are you more retarded than the rest of your post?

>They do not add any of the 3 Hoenn initial pokemons but they add fucking lucario
Dropped, I wanted blaziken

>The TORtanic was almost 9 years ago
FUCK