PPMD BTFOs Ultimate

You dumb Nintendo fanboys were celebrating, shame about the reality of your shitty game.

Attached: Ultimate btfo.png (622x652, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HJ8l-XQQ1Yg
youtube.com/watch?v=IomXcdAAt7E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

oh no a professional sperg doesn't find a children's party game deep enough

Maybe he should take up a game that is meant to be competitive at a high level? It's like crying about not being able to go pro at shooting marbles or jacks.

Salem was right. Fuck redditors and fuck trannies

In a way he's right, but ultimate is still in a very early part of its meta. Hell, the game's content isn't even fully released yet. If you look at early footage of melee tournaments, you'll see that there was a lot less of the advanced tech that you see today. Players rolled and spot dodged a lot more back then, and crouch canceling wasn't that realized, so sheik was considered the best character. Still though, I'm surprised he doesn't like ultimate considering he used to be a top player in Brawl for a short while.

Take a shower

>Disable large chunks of the core game because "It's bullshit" and "Muh skill"
>"Why is this game so shallow?"
Fucking smashfags I swear. A fair chunk of the depth Smash has comes from your ability to tackle the environment and items as well as the other players, and was balanced to that. You're taking chunks of the game out because you don't like it and wonder why it doesn't work properly? Really? Taking literal RNG stuff out /maybe/, but everything else like stages changing around you and stuff like smash balls and health items are parts of the game you're supposed to be playing against, removing that makes the game as empty and boring as final destination.
Sakurai shouldn't ever of appeased those retards with omega stages validating their inane fixation on playing a tiny portion of the actual whole game.

>from your ability to tackle the environment
Well lets look where this interesting meta would lead
youtube.com/watch?v=HJ8l-XQQ1Yg

Oh, it turns out it just makes one incredibly dull strategy very strong. Same deal with items, it just encourages run away and throwing items at each other. All it does is buff hyper defensive play, when smash lacks good tools to deal with such a thing.

It doesn't matter what the iteration of Smash Bros you're talking about it's all a party game you're taking seriously.

Take a shower and pick up Tekken.

To be fair, any multiplayer game where one person has (reliable) long range attacks and the other doesn't is usually bullshit.

Who gives a shit about ppmd anymore

... he's just saying the common one fact about Smash that many people have already said since Brawl: Melee has great gameplay, and none of the its sequels are better to play, let alone even focus to recapture the feel of Melee in the first place. There will never be a Melee 2 because Sakurai is not interested on that.

Duh? Of course Ultimate is not good at competitive skillful playing. Only Melee is.

>Smashfags

Attached: 2bcee141a0d711d57bd9ba32d776d83b.jpg (500x667, 40K)

>Unironic Family Guy "shallow and pedantic" critique
What an autist.

>some guy from the Melee community on twitter says Ultimate is bad
Wtf I hate ultimate now.

They really are fighting to keep people from dropping Melee now that its got a 100% end all stratagy

he had me till he suggested melee
what a clown

isnt that the guy who has no test

PPMD also sucks at Melee so really, who can he lord his opinion over?

>The guy who is milking the suckers that expect him to come back to competing has an opinion
Yikes

Smash Melee is my favorite, but that does not make these autistic less repulsive.

Literally who cares about the opinion of Meleefags, Salem was 400% right about everything.

>where one person has (reliable) long range attacks and the other doesn't is usually bullshit.
That isn't true. It is pretty normal in a fighting game that you will have characters without projectiles, that doesn't automatically mean they can't deal with them or it is even a bad match up. Some games even make it so the tools to counter projectiles are so overly strong.

Pokefloats however will always encourage a very bullshit runaway style that greatly buffs certain characters. Even without a projectile you just get a lead and then run away. which the pattern easily allows. People act like smashfags ban stuff because they hate anything weird. But it is actually cause it would make the game worse at a competitive level. All the random silly stuff that is so fun at a casual level will be exploited to its fullest. Which nearly always leads to heavy camping or really bullshit deaths.

Based Kevin making the Ultismells seethe

>All the random silly stuff that is so fun at a casual level will be exploited to its fullest.
You don't say. Playing competitively means using what the game has to offer to its full advantage? I'd of never guessed.
>Which nearly always leads to heavy camping or really bullshit deaths.
Sounds like you just need to git gud.

How is Zero doing in Smash Ultimate tournaments?

Attached: 1557250267683.png (500x500, 41K)

He's not entering, he just streams fulltime.

Well it sounds like you need to set up the git gud league. Clearly it will be the best and most exciting smash scene. Weird how those Nintendo sponsored events that did just that were a bore but I'm sure that was cause of some unrelated reason.

>literally low test
back to twitter

Based Salem

I can't help but notice people and whoever this guy is have different preferences. I fully understand, you prefer more hardcore games like Mortal Kombat or Killer Instinct. Good for you! I'm happy knowing were all different and unique human beings with different taste. I'd still prefer Smash Bros Ultimate over any fighting game if ill be deadly honest.
Its a more fun and actually engaging game. That and games like Mortal Kombat and Killer Instic are just way too slow for me, and really not that fun. Also who the fuck are any of these characters???? I could give less of a damn on who the fuck this Goku-looking generic human character I'm supposed to be playing as. And wow Killer Instinct did something different by adding an actually recognizable character, gee I'm really enjoying my lame Ninja Turtles rip off. But that's just my opinion.

Attached: Banjo2-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 117K)

>implying I give a shit about a melee mouthpiece has to say anything in regards to a fucking party game.
>implying Smash as a whole isn't already simplistic as hell.

Literally whining over stupid shit/ inability to adapt

>Playing competitively means using what the game has to offer to its full advantage? I'd of never guessed
Exactly, and with meme stages like Poke Floats or whatever, abusing the game means either running away or sitting on the edge of the screen on a walk offstage to backthrow your opponent and kill them at 20%.

No one wants to play like this, it's lame, boring, doesn't show any skill and not fun to watch. Competitive Smash is just a jumble of rules made to make playing Smash both competitive and fun to play, but it's not as if there's a law that says (you) need to play like that. If you want to do matches on Palutena's Temple with all items on high, go for it, but don't walk up to a community you have no interest in and try to force them to play your way just so you can see someone get killed by a bomb-omb randomly.
>>Sounds like you just need to git gud.
People DID git gud, and it turns out gitting gud at abusing stages means playing extremely lame and generally not fighting. It's impossible for slower characters to catch faster characters on bigger stages, so now characters like the Belmonts, Ganondorf, Incineroar, whatever, are completely unusable because they can't catch up. Everyone is just going to pick Sonic and play grab ass around Temple till the time runs out because that's the best way to win, does that sound fun to play to you?

Attached: 1520067065792.png (500x521, 156K)

Replace 'Ultimate' with 'playing the full game'. No one plays the full game ""competitively"" because """the competitive scene""" doesn't want to play the whole game, so no one actually learns to play the game fully.

dude thats like every fighting game what do you think a zoner is?

That's pretty unfair if you think about what the two scenes looked like from the beginning. Melee came out in a time before information was widely and easily shared online and the competitive side was super niche compared to now.
Ultimate has been out for 7 months now and By this point I wouldn't be surprised if more collective human hours have gone into theorycrafting and labbing it's meta than went into the first 7 years of Melee's.

>the melee fag once again refuses to move on
honestly why is anybody surprised at these fucking videogame luddites

Attached: 1383531888280.jpg (1600x1200, 556K)

>but don't walk up to a community you have no interest in and try to force them to play your way
I'll admit my stance partially comes from this exact scenario inverted, because the only people locally who'd play smash were tryhard tourneyfags insisting on turning half the game off to make it "fun" and never playing any other way, because A L L of them wanted to be tryhard tourneyfags, always playing the one, maybe two characters at all times and all. Makes just trying to play the fucking game pretty hard.

>Looked on his twitter and he didn't post anything like this on that date unless he deleted it

>playing MK or KI
well theres your problem. MK is a joke in the FGC and I argue has much, much less depth than Smash. KI is a ripoff of that.

>Roster fagging
Fair enough. closest thing you may enjoy to traditional FG's is probably MVC but theres no reason to quit playing Smash

>competetive smash bros

Literally who gives a shit? You play Smash bros to watch K Rool fight Snake, not to obsess over fighting games. Melee fags were a mistake

Good pasta.

This is literally like watching soccer and asking why they only use two of their limbs instead of all four.

TL:
>I keep getting my sorry butt handed to me by sm4sh players, so I'll blame the game so I can reconcile my inability to adapt with with my delusion of being a "god."

How is that scenario inverted? Go find a different group to play casual/fun rules instead of looking toward the tourneyfags and expecting them to even entertain the idea.

meant to quote

That sounds like a personal issue, but there are online communities for people who like playing casual Smash, you should find them instead of trying to force competitive players to play with items.

Melee depth is:
Jiggly puff turtling
Spacies fishing for lucky upsmashes
And..... uh.... peach zoning?

>Smashfaggot complaining about how rewarding a game is competitively
Play Smash casually with your friends, play real fighting games if you want to get competitive. Trying to split hairs about it and find some middle ground in Melee is just admitting you either can't play real fighting games or you can't get invested in games that don't have whack-em-smack-em Nintendo characters. Either way, it's embarrassing.

Attached: 1559816783403.png (700x990, 442K)

Who?

Go back to /r/kappa

Attached: FGCucks BTFO eternally.png (4992x4064, 1.52M)

I agree, although for casual bullshittery Ultimate is still cool

Attached: 1511217499992.jpg (638x629, 44K)

Name one fighting game with more depth than Melee.

Attached: DI angles.webm (554x640, 520K)

That's the thing, in the local area they straight up didn't exist. Play the odd match with random people once in a while maybe, but a consistent group of people? Tourneyfags as far as the eye can see. And the inversion is;
"Walking up to a community you have interest in, but they try to force you to play their way just so you can see them play against the same five 'top tier' characters over and over again with little variation."
Playing online isn't nearly the same experience as playing locally. Also that would hold true for Wii U, but
>Paying for online.

literally who?

Tekken has infinitely more depth. how fucking delusional are you?

Bait

Any fighting game that's not DBFZ or Mortal Kombat

Attached: Head press crossup.webm (960x630, 1.99M)

That's not an inversion. Its the exact same scenario except you have a persecution complex.

How do you measure depth?

>can't get good at the game

>y-yeah well it sucks haha, it's such a shitty and s-shallow game, huh

Depth finder

Characters in Melee have different walk speed/dash speed/shorthop length/jump length/jump squat length/knockback/knockback scaling/weight/gravity/fall speed/character specific move interactions/air speed/air acceleration/traction values affecting shieldpush (see Yoshi's lightshield for an extreme example)/actual momentum physics that can affect oki off tech chases or make certain combos impossible unless a character like Captain Falcon has enough of a running start/crouch canceling (basically an ad hoc focus attack) and how it can actually be disadvantageous (such as turning Peach's down smash into one of the deadliest attacks in the game compared to if the defender literally just put the controller down and let themselves get hit), sweet and sour spots of hitboxes and how each can be used to one's advantage, DI/smash DI/shield DI, options and most viable combos always changing based on basically all the aforementioned plus terrain like platforms allowing follow-ups that would be impossible on a flat stage, shield density, shield stabbing creating near infinite possibilities for analog "high/low/cross-ups," dynamic hitstun that's always changing optimal play to where combos and setups will be available only for a specific span of the opponent's % which also changes character-to-character based on several values like weight and fall speed, forcing players to always be improvising on the offensive side while on the defensive side there are mechanics like DI and smash DI that alter the angle of knockback trajectory and decrease/increase the hitpush of attacks so combos can be broken with proper defensive tech but also predicted for another layer of setup, stuff like that took years to discover like light perfect shield/V-canceling, etc.

Attached: 1452446804484.jpg (1654x850, 340K)

I only play fighting games with an infinite skill ceiling, 0-frames input buffer, 200+ APM minimum, actual mind games; like the one and only Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube. None of that on rails brainlet tier FGCuck crap.

Based

Attached: The melee gods.jpg (1191x670, 177K)

I casually follow smash tourneys, BSD and VGBC and still don't know who this is supposed to be.

No shit people don't go to local meetup to play casually. Most people actually have friends to play with if they want to just chill out and goof around.
....which I'm sure you would've had no problem doing.

Attached: 1437423086565.jpg (300x188, 10K)

The amount of independent concepts and mechanics present in a game + what it takes to execute them. Melee has a few execution barriers but its systems are lacking. Traditional fighting games are chock full of shit that Smash fundamentally can't incorporate and its replacement mechanics like shield tilt and DI are ineffective at covering the lost depth. The most common argument I hear in favor of Smash is that it lets you move freely whereas the movement in traditional fighting games is more rigid/fixed and that this somehow makes fighting games simpler, but that's a gross misunderstanding of everything going on in traditional 2D fighters

Go watch the greatest tourney of all time for a piece of smash history
youtube.com/watch?v=IomXcdAAt7E

how do you?
In smash, each character has about 4 moves plus an auto combo, grab, and a shield button.
in tekken, many characters have 150+ moves that vary between hitting Hi, Low, and Mid, they also have more than 1 grab which usually can be broken. Theres more defensive options as well since you can block low, hi, and parry. also, there is an actual execution barrier, smash is designed for children to be able to play without practice

lol, its obvious you are just using copy pasta and dont actually understand what you posted. about 99% of what you described exists in tekken except the shitty dumbed down gimmicks you call features

>Dude what if I just flower up basic terms to make Melee sound complex
>Dude what if I just say stages in SF are useless despite only FD being played in Smash
>Dude what if I pretend zoning isn't viable just because it bores my zoomer Fox-addled brain
>What if I pretend Smash has more mechanical nuance while ignoring the fighting game equivalents to what I'm talking about
Weak bait

if I wanted to spend a day writing, I could maybe cover all the physics and mechanics in tekken to try to explain how wrong you are, but your just a manchild. I bet you flipped the fuck out then Banjo was announced like the soý you are

who

How does that matter to anybody but himself?

>twitter thread

Attached: 1529016271502.jpg (324x419, 51K)

FGCucks can't refute the absolute BTFO they just received so they resort to shallow tactics like strawmanning and namecalling, just like their shallow games

Pottery

Attached: 1445833573746.png (560x602, 13K)

Tekken has mechanics but it doesn't have anything that even resembles physics.

>Tekken

Attached: 1387935548477.gif (178x179, 2.99M)

the joy of posting anonymously for someone like you is you can express your unironic retardation, smugly, and be your own echo chamber liking your own posts and agreeing with yourself.

enjoy your kids games! I look forward to your next thread complaining about how you want to go back to the good ol melee days.

>only FD being played in Smash

Typical FGCuck retardation doesn't even know the ruleset of the game he's talking about

Kys

Attached: 1459404010028.png (412x583, 209K)

>caring about PPHRT's opinion

Attached: 155223900341.jpg (727x744, 79K)

the irony of this post

ultimate is too centered around massive hitbox moves with no lag, chars like lucina or peach polarize the game too much for me

there is no punish game at all and it makes it annoying to play online

Had me until that meleefag bit at the end. Nobody cares if your children's party game is better than this other children's party game.

Based and salempilled

you dont know what your talking about, again. I could argue it has better physics than Smash since everything seems to defy gravity and just float around. The juggling physics in tekken are much more impressive than every character being able to jump 10+ feet and float around like balloons forever

>playing babbys first balloon bouncing sim

legitimately one of the most based Smash-related posts I've ever seen, and I'm a regular in the Smash community

Because its a fucking party game and not a fighting game.

People that think its a fighting game need to fuck off.
Fuck off with your EVO shit too.

>replying twice to the same post
You're really digging deep there to find ways to shitpost.

meant to @

Does anyone on this board legitimately play Smash competitively? Like, actually go to tournaments and shit? I never have and never will and honestly I don't care. I don't play Smash or any game competitively. I play it first and foremost to have fun and if I happen to improve at the game while having fun that's cool but I don't care about being some epic god gamer or anything.

t.loses twice in pools

I go to locals for Smash. and yes, I havent showered today

>jabbing gigas applies the same force and knockback as jabbing chloe

nice "physics" tekkenigger

Netplay

What?

>800 lb alligator can fly with a tiny propeller
nice physics actual cuck. just because your game is unbalanced shit doesnt mean it has more depth

I mean, I play online against friends and randos but I don't specifically try to get good at any one particular character. I have my favorites I like to play as but I also like to fuck around and choose random.

Back to Aris' stream please there are still more of his opinions you have to copy

>this level of deflection
No use in trying to get through to a mouthbreather like you. If you can't understand how much something as simple as different character weights play into a game based around knockback values you can comfortably stick to tekken.

been playing tekken since before you were born kid. unlike your gen I dont regurgitate shitty twitch streamer opinions. believe it or not, not everyone wants to watch others play games. crazy thought I now, now back to your Ninja stream kid

>watch a Melee tournament stream
>everyone plays Fox
Take a shower and clean your clothes Meleefags.

>game is so unbalanced the community has to set arbitrary rules to try (and fail) to avoid the intended cheesefest of gameplay
I'll stick to my nearly perfect, actual fighting game. yes.

I like how he was completely right and no one wants to step up to admit it

I have a question.
I played Third Strike back in the days and still do occasionally when I get the chance to visit the arcades and I played a shitton of it. I moved on to Melee and, then, now Ultimate and I find that Ultimate really clicks with me so it has become my main competitive drive since release.

So what the fuck is going on with you fucking children? Everywhere on the internet it"s just manchildren having a dick measuring contest about which fighting game is for the big boy brains the most. Are you insecure about your choice of game? We all play with the same drive, but it seems that we can't choose a game without having actual autists throw a babby fit over whether it's deep or not and when Smash is involved in discussions it always become some dumb shit flinging argument about whether it's competitively viable as a fite game or not. Nobody gives a shit dude. Even if it is not a fighting game, it drives the competitive players the same as any other game.

What the fuck are your arguments accomplishing exactly? You got bored of playing your masterful game for masterful players such as yourself so you need to go on social media to spin your dick around to feel like playing your big boy game makes you the bomb? The OP is just a copypasting faggot, but the argument this bait spawns never fail to make me facepalm. Pick yoyr game, ANY fucking game and shut the fuck up. Who gives a shit if Melee takes a million years of hands conditioning for the super ultra elite gottagofast tech or if Tekken has billions of options per moves or if Street Fighter has better variety of option select?

Falcon won the last major though

You'll get bored of competitive ultimate when you hit hour 100

>the move on argument
Melee players are content to play the game, but you seem to have a lot to say about it despite having "moved on"? How often do you dedicate your time to complaining about a game you totally don't think about every day?

>things that didn't happen the post
almost all foxes drown in pools off stream but they also don't take showers

>guy literally calls himself Doctor Peepee
>somehow we should listen to what he says
good joke

other than the fact this post doesn't exist and was actually written about smash 4 like 5 years ago why do so many people continue to spend so much time getting mad over melee? Seems weird for all these people to think about a game so much, seems unhealthy.

I care. now fuck off boomer. the day of the rope is coming

Shame that I'm at hour 400 and my 5th tournament and not slowing down. Maybe you just need ADHD medication.

I didn't mean move on in that sense, retard, I still play Melee, the game is just fine, I just like Ulti more. The problem is you FGC faggots and Meleebabbies and Ultifucktards who refuse to get along with other communities because you want to jerkoff about nothing.

take a shower and have sex

I think you're manufacturing controversy where there isn't. Melee and Ultimate are run alongside each other at...basically everywhere and when FGC events host smash they've hosted both games more often than not. I've seen maybe...3 times someone made an actual stupid comment about playing smash in the 7+ years I've been going to locals, regionals, majors. Online is the wilderness though, this is WHERE people get to talk shit about games. I don't personally go out of my way to shit on ultimate because I played the game and decided I didn't like it, that's that. But because I still play melee, I'm still actively in discussions about it. 99.9999% of the shit you see online about any game is just people saying how they feel, but when you go to an actual event no one REALLY gives a shit. Like I said the few times people have said something dumb IRL it's just met with people looking at them funny.

Brawl had a lot of depth despite being unbalanced and slow.

I dont see how you could play ultimate seriously for 400 hours without being paid. who do you main?

> its obvious you are just using copy pasta and dont actually understand what you posted.
Earlier in that same post
>each character has about 4 moves plus an auto combo
Ironic

PPMD is literally no longer relevant and ALL melee players that tried to be good at Ultimate failed lamentably. With the exception of maybe Wizz but he is based (the only one melee player that is with maybe, maaaaaybe, m2k)

Falco's upsmash sucks no one throws out randies. Why are you so sure you know what you're talking about?

My comment is specific to this thread, though, but I might have pushed it with internet at large. IRL is just fine.

Ken and Ganondorf and, yes, go ahead and shitpost about Ganondorf all you want, I know you're itching to go UNGA BUNGA DORIYAH LMAO

Shotos are some of the more interesting chars in ultimate so it makes sense.

Salem was right all along. Holy shit.

>about
I'm not wrong, what theres 6 because pf grabs and charge shots? its not a deep game no matter how you try to spin it

Which Melee tournament did you watch that had Fox dittos in grand finals?

Melee Players mostly bitch about any game that can't thrive as well in like Melee.

Project M is a example of this due to how certain Melee players and their dickriders shat all over it for not being Melee enough.

PPMD bitching about Ultimate isn't even surprising. Ultimate isn't his gonna be his main game and even then, Melee isn't what it was 4 years ago.

Armada is retired
M2K is washed up
Mango is old and mostly playing shit for fun
Wizz, Axe, Leffen and HBox are the only ones carrying Melee's scene as a new era comes in

This applies to every smash.
They're not fighting games.
Just turn items on and have some fun you God damn autismos

>Watch a single Melee video
>My Youtube recommendations turn in to this

Attached: reccomendations.png (419x825, 403K)

Sure thing pedo

Ganondorf is very simple, but allows for surprisingly creative play. Mine is pretty solid and as farcas Ganon players go, I rarely played anyone who was substantially better than me with the character save for at least two remarkable players. I never got bodied during sets and people usually give props to my ganondorf. I got ranked out during a local and the guy was shaking by the end of and told me he didn't even care if he lost after that because he had the match of his night. I think I can go places with Ganon, but Ken gets a lot more hype out of me than any other character in the game. I usually play Ken while playing his 3S subway Jazz on my soubd system. I actually kind of feel Street Fighter vibes while playing him. The shotos are a nice crossing point between incorporaing SF mechanics with Smash. The patch has doubled his combo depth as well so it's just a never ending hype train. My Ken is not quite tournament viable yet though. Ganon is just easier and quicker to learn in contrast.

A
FUCKING
LOW
TEST

Well Esports have become actual sports by now, but I don't think everyone sees it that way yet. Older players retirw as the fresh blood starts pouring in. Melee will not die yet. The older players retiring simply mean the younger ones will get tge notoriety.

Please explain why there is so much disparity to me.

Attached: Smash for adults vs smash for pedos.png (1888x1944, 2.33M)

>Nintendo fanboys

Copypasta aside, just how far up your ass do you have to be to use "Nintendo fanboy" as an insult when talking up a Super Smash Bros. game? Last I checked, Melee and Ultimate were entries No. 2 and 5 in the same series, with the same publisher and the same lead developer.

Attached: sadmeowthballoon.png (648x362, 193K)

Brawl suffered from the same issues though. Locking movement down is what he's talking about, which is why is a silly comment to make. It doesn't matter how early or late the game is into the meta because unless they change fundamentally how things like dashes function, you're going to be locked into certain options in a way that does not provide for flexibility. Momentum compounds to this. Part of the reason Marth is just suffering to use is that microspacing is so much more difficult in such an environment, whereas you could play around the limitations in range/sweetspot size if you could do true pivots, shieldstop, and wavedash properly. It's pretty well accepted, for example, that platform play is the most shallow it's ever been due to how they work in Ultimate

>It's another Yea Forums pretends to know a single solitary thing about competitive smash episode
Yeah bro, you could totally win every Ultimate tournament if they had items on. Those losers just can't adapt. Don't worry I totally believe you, it's because of the smell that you don't go to tournaments, but if you did you would win, I'm sure.

Attached: 1515016896122.jpg (201x200, 7K)

Melee players hate ultimate because they can't compete. It's considered a miracle when a melee player gets top 8 in ultimate. Normally they're knocked out extremely quickly. So they limp back to their old game they can actually earn money in. Over time the ultimate community will develop its own personalities and story lines and no one will care about them.

>I don't like X because it's shallow
>I prefer deeper, more thoughtful things like Y
Why do people think this is actual criticism? You are literally saying "I prefer X over Y" except in an autistic way.

it wasnt a miracle wizzy got top 8 in ultimate, he dropped melee and trained with salem and mkleo for months on end. he didnt enter a single melee tournament all year until goml

>I do not believe that Ultimate has that potential
All they have to do is buff shields. That's it. Instead of people spamming F.Air from neutral at each other until one lands, then you need to create a means of protecting yourself after a failed initiation. Buffing shields both encourages offensive gameplay, and allows defensive gameplay to be more than spamming F.Air in place.

I don't really see Melee players hating on Ultimate like they did with Brawl and Smash 4. And both of those games deserved hate from a competitive viewpoint. Ultimate is just a game that rewards different (as PP put it) specific skillsets, and many of those are the same types of skillsets seen in 4. I agree that Melee players trying to pick up Ultimate largely washed out, but it was a lack of grit due to not finding interesting counterplay. Look at the regression of edgeguarding, for example. More and more of the game is becoming ledge-trapping again because of how recoveries are typically stupidly difficult to do anything about. If you're Fox vs say, even a bad character like Ridley, the options for edgeguarding him are pretty fucking sparse. I know he's going to up B and can try spacing a bair but the hitbox is too good and I lose the exchange despite knowing what he is going to do and spacing. Instead, I am rewarded for waiting on stage. It's a different dynamic and thus will attract different players.

Disagree if only because so many moves are totally safe on shield not even due to just framedata, but because grab ranges are so short and character models push each other away now. I think taking away any sort of buffering to dodges is a good way to rectify a lot of it. You shouldn't be able to perfectly time a roll away or a spotdodge after your move that is already + on block.

>KI is an MK tipoff
You haven't played KI 2013.

His last name is Nanney, he invalidated his own statement.

>I'm not wrong,
You're hilariously wrong, and it's obvious you don't know how to play the game even at a basic level

>about 4
which is correct. it's around 4 moves per character. what did I miss? are there 5, 6?
Whoa. you're telling me that there are characters with up to 7 moves? Wow.

still, has nothing in tekken which has more moves just in Yoshimitsu's moveset them all of smash

holy BASED

>4 special moves
>3 smash attacks
>3 tilts
>5 air moves
>4 throws
>grab, pummel, and jab
Please shut the fuck up if you do not know even the bare minimum about the game you're talking about.
And now here comes the part where you say that Tekken has more moves anyway and it doesn't matter that you don't understand anything about the most superficial level of smash because you don't waste your time with gay party games for babies.

>which is correct. it's around 4 moves per character
Literally any manual proves this wrong
>what did I miss? are there 5, 6?
Whoa. you're telling me that there are characters with up to 7 moves? Wow.
Try 28+, retard
>still, has nothing in tekken which has more moves just in Yoshimitsu's moveset them all of smash
Yoshimitsu has over 140 moves? Are you for real?

Anyone here speak Twitter Ebonics?

Attached: deee811.jpg (1080x518, 62K)

fpbp

This seems pretty self-explanatory

Yeah if you're black

Or literate.

This is a pasta, right?
>Goku-looking fucker
Half of the anime swordsmen are shounen tropes

Im illiterate when it comes to niggernese

Muh strawman. It's not because it's mechanically a downgrade from Smash Bros for the Wii U or anything.

with videos with not too many views youtube some times throw you a generic very popular video list, that is why those kiddy videos have millions of views

PPMD never played Ultimate for views or in tournament

Imagine actually just playing like 10 stages and not playing your favorite character because of a tier list. Tourneyfags need a shower.

>Mind games

Attached: x9~2.png (1026x537, 390K)

what did Salem say about PPMD? Someone explain

>Imagine actually just playing like 10 stages
10 is a generous amount. By then end of smash4's life there were 2 stages. Ultimate has like 4 legal stages.

It's a fucking party game. Autists should just stick with melee and not butt into our fun.

>Muh strawman
It's a fact. All of these alleged "gods of Smash Bros." from Melee act like their the best gamers in the world, but they can barely play a game they claim is "shallow" and "simplistic." If it's so simplistic, and they're so much better than everyone else, why haven't ANY of them taken a SINGLE tournament?
>mechanically a downgrade from Smash Bros for the Wii U
Bruh, what did I just read?

>By then end of smash4's life there were 2 stages. Ultimate has like 4 legal stages.
You have no idea what you're talking about

Salem threw a tantrum about how melee players were just playing Ultimate for clout and weren't "real" smash players.
When he got called out he doubled down and insulted everyone from Axe to Armada, citing "years of research" that boiled down to "twitch chat was mean to me :("