BotW Sequel is confirmed to re-use same Hyrule

>Direct sequels are rare in Zelda titles, but Aonuma saw something special about Breath of the Wild and wanted to create a new experience. "One of the reasons we wanted to create a continuation was because I wanted to revisit that Hyrule again and use that world again, while incorporating new gameplay and new story," he says.

gameinformer.com/e3-2019/2019/06/11/breath-of-the-wilds-director-is-returning-for-the-sequel

Welp, that kiled 90% of my hype. I know the they already showed the same Hyrule, but I guess I was hoping that was just for the trailer some kind of drastic transformation or for Link to have to travel somewhere else. That map was just too big and boring, and even if they add shit to it, it can't possibly spice it up enough to make the game seem like anything but glorified DLC.

Attached: youtu.be-3fr1Z07AV00.png (854x480, 284K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cml57TSaisw
kotaku.com/breath-of-the-wild-sequel-producer-wont-say-if-you-can-1835456283
zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-interactive-map/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

same map but they will add probably lots of new areas and more stuff in map

>That map was just too big and boring
It's literally the greatest world design of any game ever made.

>BotW Sequel is confirmed to re-use same Hyrule

No it isn't. Fuck off.

I don't have a problem with it after Link Between Worlds reused the LTTP map.

Attached: 1536746765575.jpg (699x699, 68K)

>reuse everything
>Call it a sequel

It's ok when Nintendo does it

Attached: SYO.png (1280x720, 1.53M)

Enjoy the 60 dollar DLC nintendogaf

Good God I'm so excited. The follow-up to one of the best games of all time is fucking happening, and soon.

I'm down with that. They did something similar with Majora's Mask. I wouldnt be surprised if they used the world map but put in a ton of new enemies, environmental mechanics in addition to the new Dungeons

My guess is that the map will have expansions and changes

>We'll get more enemy variety for sure
>We'll get a time skip so villages might have changed a lot, even castle town
>more dungeons is likely
>underground hyrule
>older queen of the dessert people
This could be everything we wanted

but nobody actually believes that

What a waste of excitement, i actually thought it was one hell of a teaser despite my mixed feelings about BotW
Well, i'm sure they can make a better game than BotW but i really don't feel like "exploring" that map again

>don't read the actual OP interview and take everything OP is peddling at face-value
>there is literally not a single component of this post that isn't memes

Attached: 1559145712439.jpg (220x308, 13K)

Uh, no bitch, that would be Xenoblade X.

Lmao, have you never played a n open world before? Set pieces and visuals dont mean content, something which botw lacks.

Not him, but i do

Except for almost every reviewer and game designer.

I don't mind this, although since they are selling this as a brand new game instead of DLC they really better pack this game with a shit ton of new content.

The map comes second compared to the engine, the game really does have some amazing movement and interaction going on, a marvelous piece of software, but the game's design holds it back

>but Aonuma saw something $pecial in Breath of the Wild
Milk those cows, nintendo, milk those cows

>we wanted
How about content and good combat? My bet they will even use the same shitty gadgets.

>Reuse everything from Ocarina of Time and Links Awakening
>make the best Zelda games to this day
Asset flipping tends to work out really well because all of the dev time is spent on gameplay and content rather than assets.
If the game is good I don't care that the models are being reused from a game that just came out recently.

Attached: Zelda holy trinity.png (944x1208, 1.51M)

That's fine by me. As long as they create a sense of civilization crawling back into the wilds and expand the map I'm still stoked.

I-it's okay when Nintendo does it!

I dont care they reuse the map.
Of course they would, why the fuck would they pour several years of hard work into making a massive game world and creating its own engine just to use it once.
Ubisoft does this all the time, the only difference is that botw was actually good and I want a sequel to it.

it's very good world design but fuck off with that "greatest map ever made" bullshit
Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess both had better maps

>exploring the world and discovering it on your own terms isn't content!!!!
Learn to criticize. Play the game.

The engine is nothing impressive. You mean the mechanics, ie tech demo stuff. Giving a few objects at a time for interaction and spidermanning on walls with no grips.

>soon
Give it a solid two years at least user

One thing is re-using the game's programming and graphics to make entirely new contents, the other is using the same world map which was already the main focus of the first game

It was a different map and only hipster revisionists think it was better

Majoras mask was a huge letdown compare to ocarina and felt rushed. Everything was smaller and shittier, reused, and less dungeons/content. The only thing requiring "time" is the countdown mechanic and the side quests that are just easy puzzles at worst.

The map is big enough so that they could add new stuff and move around old stuff and it wouldn't be familiar at all. A new story and hopefully actual dungeons will make it a lot of fun. Besides, by reusing the old stuff they'll be able to finish it sooner. Even if it is glorified DLC, why is that such a bad thing? Based on the teaser, it looks like the overall atmosphere will probably be a lot different.

Attached: 1551919204283.jpg (306x273, 29K)

That's why it isn't the focus of this game, just a tool.

>was a huge letdown compare to ocarina
funny, I liked it a lot more

>and only hipster revisionists think it was better
I was literally on Yea Forums in 2006 arguing with plebs about whether or not MM was better than OoT because everyone still thought OoT was unironically the best game ever back then.

I don't give a fuck if zoomer hipsters are flaunting MM, its still the best 3D Zelda game. The remake was shit though.

Glad to see we get nintendo developers visiting this korean knitting forum

Seeing hyrule Castle taking off, I bet there is some kind of flying mechanic

It isnt when the world offers nothing to incentivize exploration. It never builds up, it just remains a flat line of visuals and the same rewards, again and again, with minimal obstacles or obstructions beyond dumb design decisions like weapon durability or rain.

I beat it incel, the game was boring as fuck.

They are reusing the same world unlike Majora's mask and that was the thing about BOTW,stop using this shitty comparation

But red dead 2 scored and sold better. So naturally it’s a better game.

>older Riju

Attached: 1552378075515.jpg (784x904, 218K)

>the other is using the same world map which was already the main focus of the first game
He just said they're using the same setting, read the interview, not just the OP

Thats weird, youre in the minority.

I still cabt handle how big botw is.
I literally thought the starting area was the entire map and then when I realized all the blue shroud was more map I creamed my pants.

Hopefully there'll be expanded civilizations, hell to be honest I want a prequel to botw, explore the old hyrule castle. They have it there already made for in the cutscenes dude.
>Inb4 botw2 is a prequel

Or ganon is elevating the castle with zelda in it so you can rescue her later after making a shitty rainbow bridge. Typical Nintendo recycling of anime plots.

The engine can barely handle the bike without freezing the Switch, it would never have flying.

I'd like for them to go into light horror territory but I doubt Nintendo would want to drive away a young audience.
Though the trailer was pretty spooky so who knows.

lol

They'll probably be doing a dark world or at the very least fill in the world because of evil ancient awakenings

There's plenty of empty space for them to implement different stuff in the overworld. Features like shrines and korok seeds can be completely replaced for some better shit. I hope they did some kind of survey to know what they need to improve on or modify.

Based, unlike other devs Nintendo knows how to give things a fresh coat of paint

>expecting Yea Forums to read anything more than is convenient for farting out a terrible post

Attached: 1560143840887.jpg (428x443, 29K)

Or just people that have people who can see and read.

Its weird how BOTW is literally the archetype of big empty open world with ubisoft towers, but people pretend its new. Even the new sins creed games hold up better in many regards in terms of combat, content, and area variety.

>The engine can barely handle the bike without freezing the Switch,
What the hell are you on about

Attached: 1557447158403.jpg (225x225, 11K)

Jak 3 is was the best game in the series and it was just Jak 2 with a desert area map-wise.

It isn't boring to actually maneuver around the world which is why it holds up as well as it does.

Agreed, they literally rehash the same games every gen, this is just an early stab at it.

But not write unfortunately

Seriously?

Attached: aeg.webm (960x540, 2.86M)

they know they can get away with it
it will be 95+ on metacritic despite being literally the same game again for $90
oh right, zelda has a new haircut, that makes it completely different

How else would you do a direct sequel to an open world game?

So it's kind of like an expansion

I dont see how climbing vertical walls is an innovation of traversal.

That looks like a loading problem and should happen with horses as well, probably related to the area-complexity of Hyrule Castle. Is that documented anywhere or do you only have the one webm?

Aonuma literally said it in an interview today. Fuck ON.

I didn't say it was an innovation, I said it wasn't boring.

Did he confirm dungeons?

With a new map?

>my hype.
who give a shit about you, fucking clown LMAO

with a new open world

Unless they solve the repeating filler content problem BotW has, it doesn't matter what the world looks like.

>They did something similar with Majora's Mask
Majora's Mask had an entirely new world map you fucking retard. The only thing they reused were character models, but even then they still made a ton of new ones.

Reusing assets and reusing an ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD MAP are two different things, dumbfuck.

I really wish I had skipped BotW now. My fault for beta testing, I guess.

I'M GONNA BUY THIS NEW REPAINT, I'M GONNA PLAY IT AND HAVE FUN AND NOBODY CAN STOP ME !
STFU YOU STUPID FAGGOTS, NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK, YOUR LITERALLY THE HERMITS OF THE INTERNET SHOUTING ANGRILY
AT THE SKY.

Attached: 1492897809786.jpg (956x873, 343K)

Gee I dunno

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181027125003.png (1920x1080, 3.41M)

No.

>Is that documented anywhere or do you only have the one webm?
The webm is plenty. Just boot up the game yourself if
you want to see it. It is inexcusably bad.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only kid who read "The Emperor's New Clothes" when I was young.

Aonuma no
What's the joy of exploring something you've already explored

>sequel
>a published, broadcast, or recorded work that continues the story or develops the theme of an earlier one
From what we know now that sounds like BotW2 to me

The only possible way for the next zelda to be any good if they continued to use the Botw format, was for them to just reuse the world and add actual content into it like quests and tools.

Then you have a cherrypicked webm you're basing your whole opinion off of and I don't care. Could've been a fluke, could've been a glitch purposefully performed for the purposes of that webm. How should I know, you have no other evidence.

This.
>put one maze with a spirit orb at the end
Cool i guess maybe ill get something el..

>find 2 more mazes in the world with the same reward
K

Then it starts repeating everything, trial ideas, literal trial of combat repeats with the same dungeon skin over and over, put ball in hole for 20+ puzzles.
The only break from monotony wasnt even the combat, it was those trash "dungeons" with more reskins and that take fucking 15 minutes or less.

Either expand the map of the previous game like SR2 did or make a new map altogether

You're not a real person

So you didn't see the interview with "it took us 9 years to make it, so it should take you 9 years to finish it"?

Good. Maybe this time they will actually remember to add content to the game, instead of releasing a glorified tech demo.

>trailer shows underground
>trailer ends with Hyrule Castle rising from the ground

Hyrule will now have floating land masses and underground areas throughout the map.

>and should happen with horses as well
It does.
It only happens so frequently in user's cherrypicked webm so often because Hyrule Castle is one of the most content and assets packed places in the whole game.

Play the game, it happens with anything fast. The Switch cant handle shit.

> older Riju

Literally no one wants this.

It's going to be the same overworld with some changes, but an ALL NEW "underworld" cave land beneath. That's why you see them with a large pack creature traveling through a crystal cave

There was plenty of content in BotW, you're just a bitch baby who needs to be railroaded into content by your hand.

Provide evidence it doesnt happen. That os easily reproduced, same with the shit framerate

i really dont want to slog through that world again. 99% of it was plain empty land. If they can add a metric fuckton of interesting things to find and do, then maybe i will check it out. but i doubt it.

>exploring the world and discovering it on your own terms
that's what people say about bethesda games and they're the poster boys for bland open worlds. there's a buzzword for this, emergent gameplay or immersive storytelling or something.

This

I thought it would be cool if they had the BotW Hyrule as post-game like how kanto postgame in pokemon gold and silver but I guess I can through that out the window.
If they're going to reuse the world I hope it's a lot more dense and has more meaningful loot to find instead of korok seeds, spirit orbs, rupees, and temporary weapons. The only dungeon loot in BotW that actually felt meaningful was new armor imo.

Someone bug Aonuma that rebuilding Hyrule would be really fun. And repopulating it with Zelda.

Attached: z2z2c.jpg (992x1403, 750K)

Nope they're not going to do that. Two years or more of additional development will not do anything for it at all no sir.

>There was plenty of content in BotW
Collectibles and copy-pasted shrines arent content, otherwise Ubisoft would be loaded with content

Thats a shitty excuse, thats like saying you have to "make your own fun" rather then it actuslly being there.

It was a skeleton of a game with one primary goal that felt completely underhwelming because everything unique had worse level design than dark souls 2. Fuck, even Subnautica had better story direction and content drive and its literally an indie game.

Who the hell says it doesn't happen, there's video footage there showing it does. What I'm asking for is proof it's a consistently reproducible problem. Theoretically it should be since it seems related to the sheer amount of physics-objects, assets and world-geometry loaded in the background in Hyrule Castle.

>copy-pasted shrines
Other the tests of strength ones this never happend.

Why does all the art with zeldas ass look so fucking gross and retarded?

>>>older queen of the dessert people

Fuck off.

>immediately goes to the koroks and shrines as a response
Again, bitch baby who needed to be dragged to the fun zones.

Does he mean it in the lore/universe context or as in the actual game world?

>the greatest world design of any game ever made
Lordran takes that title and it's not close

>tfw Switch is so desperate for new games the Zelda team got rushed into making BotW 1.5

>Reusing assets and reusing an ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD MAP are two different things, dumbfuck.
Did you read the article or just the OP Mr.Smartguy?

Yeah my hype is reduced too. We'll see if they do something interesting with it but I really wanted a brand new world to explore.

Proof of burden lies with you. The evidence is there, its up to you to show it doesnt happen. You would be tossed aside in any formal argument.

>sheer amount
Lmao, theres barely anything there.

>teenage riju

Attached: subarashii cat.jpg (720x450, 20K)

If its so desperate for new games how does it keep selling?

Read the interview, he said they're using the same world, not literally the same map.
He's basically saying that its a direct sequel that will take place in the same setting and not an entirely new game, not that the map will be reused and unchanged.

OP is just baiting, I'm kinda shocked by how retarded you guys are, its like I'm really on Facebook or Twitter.

Attached: mfw.png (1079x635, 21K)

I "beat" the game, even the "fun" parts like eventide or whatever was a mediocre experience.

"Put balls in hole again, but now you gotta find gear again!"
Amazingly fun, it took me 10 minutes to get ANOTHER orb that doesnt help me in the slighest because of unlimited heals, shit combat, and slo mo qte dodges.

You didn't read anything I typed, did you?

Attached: 1545848072035.png (1354x784, 869K)

wtf is lordran??? maybe you should play better games, nigger.

Fucking based.

good thing no one listens to people like you because we wouldnt have gotten majoras mask

There's a lot of ways to interpret "revisit that Hyrule again". It could just be the same Hyrule in terms of continuity and still have dramatically different locales, or it could be literally BotW's in-game world down to the rocks and trees. I hope it's the former and not the latter. I'm honestly expecting the latter because I have no faith in Aonuma.

>I'm kinda shocked by how retarded you guys are, its like I'm really on Facebook or Twitter.
Yea Forums has always refused to read

Yea Forums and Yea Forums are the dumbest and most gullible boards, hands down.

Hmmm okay, I really hope so. Having a new unknown world to explore was basically the core focus of BotW, so it would indeed be very odd for a new game not to have a new one.

Aonuma should clarify though. I feel like almost every time he talks about a new Zelda he says something that causes controversy and he ends up needing to explain himself...

Sales doesnt mean its good. Thats a plain falacy.

Hes right though, its been 2 years and the Switch hasnt gotten shit and wont get shit in 2019 either.

What things would you do to her?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 9.46.06 PM.png (835x828, 383K)

the same way Majora's Mask and ALBW did it, send them to an another world with its own world map.

Majora'a Mask world was completely new, it just reused a lot of models from OoT. That's not the same as BotW 2 potentially using the same landscapes/locations.

It would be easier to count the things I wouldn't.

I'm gathering that difficulty is directly linked to how much fun BotW could have been for you. If I'm right, I'm sorry. You're not a bitch baby.

I really don't think this is a bad thing. Hyrule will probably be quite different if there's a time skip and if they're reusing assets then this will allow them to expand on the base game quite a lot which is really all it needs. Chances are they'll probably include another map anyway.

The world is the map

bruh moment

Attached: Lordran-Edit.png (1906x3841, 466K)

After spending the first few hours of the game on the Great Plateau (probably the best tutorial area in any game ever) here's what I did:

Found the 2nd tower
Climbed the Duelling Peaks and completed the shrines there.
Encountered my first fully functioning Guardian.
Found Kakario and Hateno Villages, each with their own unique culture, lore and side quests to spend hours in.
Caught and tamed a horse and found my first stable
Chased a possessed Dragon on a mountaintop
Travelled to an Island which became an amazing survival challenge all on it's own.
Fought 3 giant ogre brothers
Ran a gauntlet of enemy camps on the way to Zora City
Zora City itself
A pant-shitting stealth mission on a mountaintop to collect arrows from a centaur monster
Using those arrows in a one-on-one battle with a giant mechanical beast in a lake while riding on the back of a merman
Conquering inside of the mechanical beast and subsequent boss battle

While all this is going on I'm constantly engaged with the world around me: weather and climate forces me to adapt to how I travel. The topography and verticality makes getting to destinations fun and engaging. I'm finding subterranean shrines with their own unique challenges and obstacle courses, I'm finding various types of korok puzzles, I'm stumbling into boss battles with huge Rock Monsters, Ogres, Centuars and Skeletal Giants, I'm finding myself ambushed on the road by assassins disguised as NPCs, I'm racing against time to catch falling stars before the sun rises, I'm battling enemy camps, saving local NPCs from danger, and fending off bears and wolves.

All of this happened to me in ONE FUCKING CORNER OF THE MAP.

This "no-content" meme seems to only exist in place of people having a genuine argument against the game.

>n-no all that doesn't count! Reeeeeee!

No, you have no way of knowing that. Aonuma's statement is ambiguous. It's dumb to assume it's the same but it's also dumb to assume it's not.

I'm not a sexual deviant so it wouldn't be anything you'd say "based" to.

Give her a cute haircut!

Attached: 1557112700916.jpg (1742x1863, 231K)

That was obvious from the trailer, exactly what I wanted

But BotW has so much unique content I don't see how the presence of filler content bothers people that much.

BotW is great for two dozen hours or so until you realize you're starting to see the same content over and over

It all depends on how much they change the map, because if you look at ALttP, the Dark World uses the same structure of the Light World, but each area feels different, so if they change THE CONTENT inside the world:

>some "corrupted" landscape changes
>New environments (basically change or mix the "theme" of the current ones)
>DUNGEONS
>New puzzles
>New temples
>New dialogue
>New quests
>New ENEMIES
>New MECHANICS

Then its fine to re-use the map, HOW MUCH they change will define if this will be good or not.

Or difficutly doesnt offer anything to a game because its fundemently flawed from a design aspect. Youre the one being a bitch by denying critism and using personal attacks instead of focusing the game, the quickest way to show you are a wrong and a retarded child.

This. Only shitters disagree that BotW's map isn't the best attempt we've had at an open world game by far.

>BotW
>unique content

Attached: 1524281365406.jpg (613x533, 107K)

What the fuck are you talking about? The entire game and all its rewards are based around exploration.

replying to your own post is sad son

Nice copy paste, most of your points are set pieces, not content. Content means unique experiences, new rewards, and challenge. You literally just listed visuals and a few repetitive shrines. How is BOTW not a walking sim again?

There's unique stuff in every region though. Here's a list of everything you can do in Hebra, one of the emptiest and smallest regions in the entire game:

>an environmental puzzle/riddle on Talonto peak that requires you to view a bird-shaped terrain formation from a certain angle to take the appropriate path to reach the shrine
>a stable with its own Stalhorse sidequest
>two environmental puzzles that require you to roll snowballs down the correct path to open a large door
>Pondo's lodge and associated snowball-rolling minigame
>Selmie's house and associated shield-surfing minigame
>leviathan skeleton needed for a larger sidequest
>the North Lomei Labyrinth
>another environmental puzzle where you have to find a way to safely navigate through a mostly submerged cave entrance (meaning no cryonis) without freezing in the ice cold water (the intended solution seems to be riding a log, but you can cheese your way through with enough health)
>a large wall of ice that requires heat items to melt to successfully reach the shrine
>a Lynel challenge in the north

And that's just in addition to the 10+ other shrines that don't require any puzzles or items to reach but might still be hidden nonetheless. I didn't even mention Koroks.

Attached: 1560285272177.jpg (1439x1863, 555K)

You're officially the bad guy now. I already apologized and backed down.

Yeah and Breath of the Wild actually accomplishes it unlike those games

this

Gods, is there anything more cringe than a Zelda fan?

Now, who wants to go play some Big Bumpin'?

Attached: 3a9.png (476x476, 149K)

>so much unique content
It really doesn't, unless you consider 120 dungeons that look like they were made in Zelda Maker by interns counts as unique content just because their layouts vary (not counting combat shrines).
If you're talking about the stuff you find in the overworld, I still disagree, but that's way more subjective.

both MM and Oracles had the decency to take place in completely unique settings, not really comparable

Yes, like seeds that offer useless upgrades or spirit orbs. Amazing thats 95% of the content outside of armors that give 10% stats boosts for something you never use or a single gimmick.

Amazingly DEEP.

This game is going to exacerbate every issue BotW had if it uses the same overworld.

It depends on how much they expand and change the world. They could very well add a bunch of new regions and drastically change older ones. Plus if they have a big timeskip that's all the more reason for the world to be different. Usually Nintendo is pretty good about things like that. I highly doubt everything would feel the same.

Imagine an entire planet made of garbage, but every 10 hours or so you come across a tiny diamond.

The funny part is that BotW2 might improve on BotW1 so much that it'll make BotW1 completely obsolete and not ever worth going back to, which is a first for the Zelda series.

True, many areas are completely optional, you could put anything there, such as Gerudo Highlands or more stuff in the jungle.

Is it actually called BOTW 2?

Because virgins don't think, they let their peepees do it for them.

>look mom i posted it again

>>Direct sequels are rare in Zelda titles
What? That's not true

Also I'll be fine with them reusing the world if they do something interesting with it, if it's set like a year after BOTW they can have places rebuilt or at least in the process. But it could also go very wrong if they don't do much and just make it a glorified expansion pack. I think either way it will absolutely need some substantial new areas.

Your post is just an amalgamation of buzzwords that doesn't make any sense. Try again?

People aren't crying about BotW 2.
They're hoping that it doesn't make the same mistakes as BotW.

It's just what people are calling it to save typing out BOTW sequel

>keep making disingenuous overly simplistic arguments about a game they hardly played
>RRAARGGH WHY WON'T NINTENFAGS ACCEPT THAT BotW HAS NO MERIT HAVE YOU SEEN THIS SCREENSHOT OF ANOTHER GAME
how long has this been going on now

Big whoopity do, the very first most absolutely basic question you would ask with this approach is "using the same world, how can we differentiate it from the original so that it's new to players familiar with the first?" This is, like, kindergarten level shit. I'm confident any potential issues on this front will be adequately addressed.

Attached: 1560357511761.gif (500x368, 2.97M)

That is exactly what I'm hoping for.
As long as there's no god-awful gimmick that ruins everything, it should be easy to accomplish.

If they put the hookshot in this time I would get hyped.

Good choice by Nintendo imo.

The story in botw was lacking. Hopefully this will be a return to form with some new mechanics and gameplay.

Hoping whatever ancient evil they freed changes the map a lot. Or it would be cool if dungeons sprouted from underground or some shit.

your crops must be safe with that strawman

snoy mind

By what metric?

>sales
GTA V shits on it
>GoTY
GTA V shits on it
>Metacritic
GTA V shits on it

Sames goes for most open world games (Skyrim, Witcher 3 etc). By what metric other than your wahoo ping ping fetish?

>Content means unique experiences, new rewards, and challenge

Literally everything he listed amounted to a challenge or unique experience, you nerd.

Attached: 3565.jpg (791x1024, 105K)

Can't wait to emulate it like I emulated BoTW, desu

Attached: a_ov_Pepe_160928.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

Not cool, brah, you talk shit about Zelda I'll kick your ass.

Attached: 1546826309387.png (1080x1331, 938K)

Since the first game was first announced. As much muted excitement as I have, I can only sigh knowing this means we've only begun to deal with this "NINTENDIES KEEP SUCKING THIS SHITTY GAME'S DICK UGH ASSASSINS CREED 15 LOOKS BETTER" bullshit for years more.

now I’m thinking about BOTW with multiple hidden temples and game changing items

Attached: 75CA5E25-2BE6-4DD1-BBED-7BE5078A395E.jpg (350x508, 32K)

>tfw even Nintendo admits that Chad Rockstar did it better with RDR2

Attached: 1560303345748.jpg (1439x1516, 570K)

>not a single sign of Sheikah techshit anywhere
already an improvement

Attached: comfy crusader.jpg (960x720, 94K)

Death Mountain fucking sucked

I think people are missing some stuff.

It could use the exact same map and still add a ton of stuff.

The BOTW Hyrule is destroyed. Maybe the BOTW2 Hyrule has been rebuilt somewhat. Maybe instead of ruins everywhere there are more towns, outposts, etc. In BOTW around every corner there's a ruined homestead, ruined farm, ruined settlement, etc. Maybe some of those will be rebuilt and actually have people living in them.

The only thing I find confusing is what they're going to do about the shrines. Are the shrines still going to be there? Maybe they'll have been repurposed? Maybe the shrines will be there but do something completely different now?

The only thing I'm worried about is if we know where everything is then it's not going to be a very fun game. The whole joy of BOTW was discovery. I hope there's new stuff to discover in the new game or it won't be good.

Happens only in hyrule castle using the bike on switch, on wiiU maybe with horses too.

>The story in botw was lacking.
And it'll be lacking again with Fujibayashi and Aonuma at the helm.

>emulate
>switch
If nobody's gonna tell him it can only run Mario Odyssey at a janky framerate, I will.

Attached: 1538432587408.gif (160x160, 178K)

Just shaking my head and onto the next thread. You faggots are stuck in a time-loop. Zelda hasn't been good for over a decade.

I'm totally fine with this as long as they add content to it.

GTAV does not shit on it in anything besides sales. They both got 97 on metacritic and were both equally plausible picks for GOTY in their year.

I just want themed dungeons back. The guardians were forgettable and boring and the shrines were interesting but I didn't like how they all looked the same. Quality over quantity.

Imagine having the old Hyrule improved + a new map + co-op. That cannot go wrong.

>same Hyrule
If they mean the setting that’s fine. If they mean the literal world map, fuck off.

>Zelda hasn't been good for over a decade.

A Link Between Worlds was fucking incredible you dimwitted imbecile.

gleaning inspiration =/= admission of inferiority.

Different user, but nice try.

Nope.

Imagine no Link in this one and instead you play as Zelda. I think it would be great for young girls to have a quality role model.

It's the literal world map plus another development cycle but keep pretending nothing will be improved.

It would be nice if the game focused more on the underused areas. I don't think there was a single reason to go into the snow area.

Oh boy I can't wait for more input delay and drawn-out animations.

plz remove all shrines. all of em

>If you're talking about the stuff you find in the overworld, I still disagree, but that's way more subjective.

I'm talking mostly about overworld stuff, particularly shrine quests, but shrines themselves had a lot of fun, unique puzzles and challenges too.

>corner of the map
Try side of the map, from dueling peaks to eventide and a little further north to do zora and the mountain dragon, and a little south of dueling peaks for the hinox brothers shrine

>unique experiences
I'm not even that guy, but I'd argue that enough of what he mentioned is unique. Some of that is definitely just some rando shrines, but that doesnt mean there isnt content.
>set pieces arent content
???
No matter how clearly set up Eventide is to just be another shrine, it is absolutely unique to the game.
Botw might be a walking sim once you get used to what there is to encounter, but that doesn't make it any less fun. It's an enjoyable enough game, with plenty of unique things to do.

That is literally the argument BotW fanboys have been making from day 1.

Take the shrines out, add in new interesting shit.

I'm a serious shit-eater and played BotW for like 170 hours, walked over every centimeter of the map and cleared 99.5% of the content barring Master Mode, but not even I am enough of a shit eater to go back to that map. I've had enough of that map and the shit combat. It's super fucked up that Nintendo is doing this to a main Zelda game.

That spooky arm is almost certainly Sheikah.

Attached: ohyeah.jpg (3000x1706, 725K)

Games confirmed drawing inspiration from RDR2:
>BoTW 2
>Cyberpunk 2077
>Sekiro and future Fromsoft games

BoTW
>Ubisoft and Assassins Creed
>Todd Howard

Really makes you think

Attached: 1372665917207.png (400x400, 15K)

Because it's true and doesn't suddenly become less so because people who make the opposite argument don't fuck off.

Honestly as long as there is new stuff in different spots I wouldn't mind exploring BotW's world a 2nd time.

at least it's straight up magic and not tech

wouldn't expect more from nigtendo. kys toddlers

Attached: 1560275383403.jpg (638x599, 68K)

Shores where only there to make up for a lack of puzzles for the one big puzzle divine beasts.

Hopefully they will bring back temples for this one and drop the shrines.

I unironically believe BotW had too much story. The game would be legitimately better without the memories or the guardian ghosts. They were poorly written and made the plot feel disconnected.

If BotW2's events are all in-game and there's no disconnect, it could easily be better.

what game did RDR2 glean from?

sure thing retard

I never got the SS hate. Solid entry imo

I'm hoping this is a miscommunication and he just means that it's the same Link and Zelda from the same Hyrule - but they end up in a totally new setting. I don't want to climb up the same mountains again, exploration doesn't work if you've already been there.

Woops, I posted the wrong tier list.
Sorry guys, this is the real one.

Attached: Zelda Tiers.jpg (1776x3024, 1.33M)

I'm gonna go jack off to Zelda's ass right now, and no one can stop me

Attached: 1523610656882.jpg (825x1166, 461K)

aight, GTA 4 has 98 though. Now fuck off.

>wojack
This site is 18+.

RDR1?

>it's literally okay when BotW fanboys do it
How many fucking times have you faggots bragged about other developers praising BotW and claiming it will influence future games? Thousands, probably.

>no CD-I

Attached: your_omnipotence.png (600x446, 415K)

>Majora's Mask in S

It's trash tier.

>Minish Cap not in S
>Four Sword Adventures not in A

You have shit opinions and need to be vanquished from existence.

I miss wrote. I meant lacking in the sense that it was bad.

Attached: 1500797530734.jpg (866x838, 140K)

>BoTW 2, Cyberpunk 2077 and Fromsoft all drawing inspiration from RDR2
Where were you when RDR2 was confirmed the most influential open world game of this gen?

Attached: tumblr_inline_nbvpcwK6GQ1rh3n9d.jpg (600x557, 39K)

Well, given this is what Monolith Soft teased as an upcoming game awhile ago, maybe we'll

1. Play as Zelda

and

2. Have to deal with the dragons and crap.

I think if it's the same Hyrule we should play as Zelda, otherwise it'll just be Link meeting old friends saying "Wait, you gotta save Zelda again? Didn't you just save her like two days ago?"

Attached: New Botw.jpg (328x154, 6K)

Ok then, in that case Ocarina of Time wins.

The Sheikah Slate will probably still exist, not sure how else they would justify the camera and whatnot, unless they give Link a literal camera like in WW.

Houston, Texas

I doubt they’ll reuse shrines as link did all the shrines and it’d be a stretch if there were 100 more that miraculously popped up. I think they’ll bring pieces of heart/stamina/magic

No argument lmao what a surprise. Please stay seething all the way up to BotW2's release.

>FSA
>In A
Maybe for multiplayer but as a single player game it's the worst

>because its true
Maybe inside Nitnendo/v/ but here's the reality:
>every open world game since its release hasn't mentioned it once as an inspiration
>looks to Rockstar and RDR2 for inspiration instead (games like Cyberpunk 2077 and even Fromsoft)
>even BOTW 2 is inspired after it

It's another case of "Yea Forums delusion" =/= "Reality"

Attached: kek.jpg (991x902, 106K)

Switch Windwaker and minish cap and I agree

Yes you're right, it's pretty simple to understand how it can technically be the same world map in terms of geography, but they would obviously give it a radical "facelift". Saying it's just the same setting, might cause less low-IQ confusion.

No I really doubt the shrines will still be there, they will make up any fucking reason to get rid of them, along with the already standing sheikah towers from the last game. Another thing that would obviously be different and a huge change would be the placement and look of enemy encampments.

Zeldas has plump but cheeks

Here's the argument Even Nintendo agrees that RDR2 is the most influential open world game of this gen, along with CDPR that is.

Phantom Hourglass did it.
And Fujibayashi was the director.

I’m fine with this I think.

They’ll probably add new towns/locations, make it less boring, and hopefully you can port over your link from when you best ganon in BOTW and keep all your gear, spirit orbs, motorcycle, etc. so when you jump into the sequel there’s no grinding period where you hunt those boring fucking shrines.

Also in BOtW there were a few locations that totally looked like temples but weren’t accessible. One of them was buried in the river canyon on the left hand side of the map. Maybe they’ll do a bunch of underground temples this time. Maybe we’ll also see one of those giant dodongo skeletons with some meat on its bones this time.

it's not present in the trailer so I doubt it's returning

>How many fucking times have you faggots bragged about other developers praising BotW and blah blah blah
Stick with today's argument, I don't care about any of the anons you've tussled with in the past.

>Maybe for multiplayer

That's what I put it there for. Single player would demote it to below E tier.

oh no no no

This in itself isn't that bad. The current map has a lot of room for new stuff. If they want, they could just plop 8 new dungeons in there. They could also do Link to the Past/Link between Worlds map again.

Minish cap doesn’t belong anywhere near S and Majora absolutely belongs in S

Did you ever go inside the castle or just climb up to ganon?

That concept art for a staff recruit has nothing to do with it and you fags should stop clinging on to it.

Iwamoto was the director of PH you lying fuck

There's no time in the timeline for it to be a prequel. Link is appointed knight a few months before the great calamity. No time for them to be exploring together.

There's lots of things that aren't in the trailer, that's not a good indication for anything.
Considering how iterative this game will probably be mechanically, I really doubt they'd just cut out a feature like that.

You're right, Majora's Mask belongs in S if the S stands for shit. It's only good for the art, the time mechanic

from a quick google check:
> a great tutorial/intro section
> a main quest taking you across all 4 corners of the map
> 76 side quests
> 15 minigames
> 120 shrines to beat, only 20 of which are battle shrines that play the same
> not gonna count korok seeds, the only difference between collecting korok seeds or bananas/apples/whatever item in collectathon platformers is any better
> a bunch of dlc content on top of that

the game doesn't have a content problem. it takes longer to beat in a regular playthrough than most long RPGs.

You're right, my mistake, he was the writer.
That actually supports my argument more.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!

Concept art has short haired elf with a sword and dragons.

All of which BoTW2 has.

Attached: naegi.jpg (500x254, 31K)

Being inspired by something doesn't instantly make a game the lesser of the source of inspiration. I do not know where this argument is coming from.

Unless you literally started browsing here yesterday, there's no way you weren't one of them. Take some accountability for once.

user, if you look closely in the trailer (in the part that you screenshotted from) you'll notice that hyrule castle actually rises up from the ground as if pushed up from underneath by something larger, and smoke shoots up across hyrule in different places as if other things are rising from the ground or cracks are being formed. I'm not too worried. I'm expecting the landscape to change enough to be new and interesting.

This is your protagonist for BoTW2! Please be nice to her!

Attached: Zeldabutt.jpg (286x176, 9K)

Good. This is exactly what I wanted. BotW had all the potential of an amazing game, but the world was just too shallow. Now that they can save effort reusing it, they can fill in all the gaps so to speak. It would be a mistake to build another world of the same size, if not larger, because of how much wasted space there would be. This is already looking to be the Majora's Mask to BotW's Ocarina, and not just because of the darker tone. Now maybe there'll be more to do in 90% of the land besides collecting tree shit.

>repetition, bite sized dungeons, next to no bosses or enemies, unchanging usage items and gadgets is content

No, its effortless copy paste. Thats like listing hidden packages in GTA as proper content. You fucks are so desperate.

nobody said they would cut it entirely, for all we know the magic green arm Link has could be the replacement for the slate with the rune abilities being replaced with spells and a magic meter

>That map was just too big
It was by no means too big. It should have just had even more stuff in it. Like huge dungeons.

based

I'm not taking accountability for any of the subhumans on this website, you can't pay me to. You're talking to me.
Gleaning inspiration from something has NEVER sentenced any creative property to instantly be lesser than the subject it uses as reference. If this was true, you are essentially denouncing everything mankind has ever done ever since after the first caveman drew himself killing a buffalo.

>subnautica
>story

Tfw I picked up BoTW too late to funpost about it but since I liked BoTW I can now funpost about the upcoming sequel

Attached: botws.jpg (791x1024, 71K)

Seems like he is talking about the setting not the map itself.

I already hate BotW 2 for this reason. Fucking SJW have been asking for it for years and they are being given what they want. Developers never change anything to make me happier, ever. It's just a constant, steady drip of disappointment and insults.

Shut the fuck up snoy

I wouldn't care if they rereleased BoTW again and slapped 2 on the box, it would still infinitely better than Rdr2, Bloodborne, and whatever else your shitty """games""" your movie machine has COMBINED

eat shit

Attached: 1504565378123.jpg (320x240, 33K)

no, hidden packages are like korok seeds, except theyre hidden behind puzzles instead of alleys.

there are a lot of bite sized dungeons, which was the whole point of the shrines, plus 4 bigger dungeons.

the items were implemented in a way that they would work in an open world context, and I don't see what's wrong with them.

also, there's around 26 or so unique enemy types, including minibosses, and then you can add the proper boss fights to that. that's more enemy types than in the entire GTA series, in which that doesn't seem to be a problem.

absolutely delusional

Will this one have actual dungeons, a less repetitive world map and a semi decent story atleast?

If Aonuma wasn't using the exact same map, he would have said so in the interview.

Based trips

blessed post

make it linear to subvert expectations.

I mean

1. Zelda hasn't been confirmed as protag it could just be Full Metal Linkimest

and

2. The SJWs got beat out before when Aonuma said "Nah we're not making a female link. If you're going to play as a female character in Zelda take a big fucking guess as to who it will be."

If Zelda IS the protag it's just Aonuma doing exactly what he said he'd do and that's still probably not gonna happen.

This is the most likely scenario. I'm sure they'll give you some excuse to travel to the big 4 locations again.

There's probably a special underground entrance in each place

I’m excited to play this game. I’m sad other are angry me and other like it but I hope there’s a game coming out that makes them happy too. X

kino

Attached: aw shit engie fucking level 3 post.png (250x337, 108K)

I'm keeping my expectations in check, but judging from Link and Zelda exploring the undegrounds it's not a big stretch to expect some underground temples too. Besides, there are no divine beasts, so something must replace them.

>I'm not a sexual deviant
Based

KEK'd and fucking SEETHING.

More than TWO YEARS of your tears and tantrums never stops being hilarious.

Attached: damn.png (1485x900, 320K)

god the artstyle is so shitty. it's like they took the worst parts of wind waker and skyward sword and mixed them together, and on top of that there is some fucked up bloom on everything giving it a fuzzy blur. my eyes feel shitty enough as it is, thanks.

>3 0's
>Trips of 3 0's

Attached: bowie-in-moscow.jpg (769x1200, 111K)

Hope the Jungle area is fleshed out. Was very under-utilised imho

Attached: B173F361-86A6-4E20-AE04-5A81A6CF0636.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

>mfw this is MM 2.0 except actually good

Attached: 1557080730613.jpg (1000x1373, 506K)

Damn it.

and that is a good thing

O just fuck right off.

this pic didnt age well

this is an anonymous message board user, the whole point is to separate egos from the ideas they present. it doesn't matter if you argued with him yesterday, the him from yesterday might as well not exist anymore since you can't even prove it was him. argue against what he's saying now or admit you don't have a point.

>BotW Sequel is confirmed to re-use same Hyrule
Why wouldn't it? You stupid fuck.

I can't believe how pathetic and dumb some people are.
>durrr they are gonna just copy paste the game, there will be no changes to the map at all even though they showed the land under the castle rising up, the enemy placement and variety will be exactly the same, hurr
Just kill yourselves. I'm looking forward to exploring a world I loved and seeing how it will change.

I understand making Zelda the protag of BoTW 2, but was it really necessary to have Link look to the camera and say "Truly this was the Legend of Zelda" to the audience at the end?

Attached: Larry David.jpg (194x260, 9K)

>Zelda hasn't been good for over a decade.
this man speaks the truth

>A Link Between Worlds was fucking incredible
It was absolutely atrocious. The dungeons were some of the worst in the series.
>you dimwitted imbecile
those words mean the same thing, you black nigger. don't ever post on here again

Please don't stop seething.

Attached: Ninnovation.png (1000x576, 168K)

>Breath of the Wild is the first time a Zelda game gets a direct sequel that isn't Toon Link cancer
I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES

Attached: we're ointment.jpg (535x383, 93K)

This and the beach area are my favorite. Completing the love quest there is wholesome

Attached: 662px-Sq-gift_of_nightshade4.jpg (662x372, 44K)

GOTY 2017
vs
GOTY....

oh wait. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

>BOTW's map design sucked because I didn't like it!
>BOTW didn't have content because I say so!
>BOTW was just a Ubisoft game despite being nothing like one!
>BOTW didn't do anything innovative because it didn't invent any mechanics!
Can anybody tell me what filters I could use to automatically remove opinions like this from threads so real discussion can be had?

You shouldn't draw inspiration from a game that made mistakes where you didnt. Square made FFXV after being "inspired" by MH and TES.

You get a piece of the Barbarian set, one of the best armors in the game, from each of the 3 you retard

>from a quick google check:
>> a great tutorial/intro section
Only ok part of the game
>> a main quest taking you across all 4 corners of the map
a main quest that's completely optional and does nothing to progress the nonexistent story.
>> 76 side quests
? O proof? and how many of these are actually different from one another.
>> 15 minigames
?what minigames?
>> 120 shrines to beat, only 20 of which are battle shrines that play the same
120 copy+paste shrine that you do not need to do.
>> not gonna count korok seeds, the only difference between collecting korok seeds or bananas/apples/whatever item in collectathon platformers is any better
Korok seeds are the bulk of this game's "content"
>> a bunch of dlc content on top of that
lol a bunch
>the game doesn't have a content problem. it takes longer to beat in a regular playthrough than most long RPGs.

It does have a content problem and the biggest reason it takes a "long time" to beat is because of how much walking through empty space you have to do.

>BOTW didn't do anything innovative because it didn't invent any mechanics!

That's exactly what not being innovative means.

amazing

OOOO look at all that content!!! ALl that walking though nothing! So revolutionary.

They're just salty nostalgiafags and shitposters, give it a couple years and they'll move on to the next game.

>Why wouldn't it? You stupid fuck.
Because most open world games/series tend to change to location for the next game, either that or add new areas to the last game

Clearly no one did otherwise we'd get games just as good. Most of the time devs who copy paste a feature they like just miss the point of the original. Kind of like how GoW was a DMC clone but failed to grasp what made its combat good, or Souls clones like The Surge, etc.

>Toon Link hater has no grasp on the history of the franchise

Attached: 1451535597318.png (212x212, 66K)

I yearn for the day where these boomers are replaced by zoomers who actually appreciate BOTW for what it's worth

It's BEEN a couple years.

And now BOTW is taking inspiration from RDR2/Rockstar, so that pic has lost all merit

>falseflaggin
But why would someone lie on the internet?

>finding a piece of heart in the old games
>hooray

>finding a spirit orb
>"ummmmm excuse me, nintendo?"

Innovation does not equal invention stupid retard. Go ahead and tell me with a straight face that Mario 64 wasn't innovative because Alpha Waves was the first real 3D platformer. Go ahead and prove your retardation, brainlet

>tfw they add a house building segment

Attached: comfy homer.jpg (448x336, 41K)

>muh GOTY
So that means GoW4 is innovative and one of the best games of this generation? Thanks for clearing that up

no invention is when you make something new, innovation is when you do something in a new way.
>Innovating
>1. make changes in something established

Boomer here, Breath of the Wild finally dethroned Ys: the Oath in Felghana as the best game of all time and I can't wait to see what they do with the dev time now that they don't have to make a new engine from scratch

Why would you ever gate yourself off from learning from something that did a thing you thought was cool just because it wasn't perfect?

Mario 64 invented a ton of shit you stupid fucking zoomer.

I don't mind in theory

A lot of the actual content in BOTW was random shrines placed around the map, which was okay for the first playthrough

If they flesh out the world with more complext and in-depth stuff i'd not mind visiting again

No Nintendo devs just looked at RDR2 and said thats how NOT to do it. Just BotW. keep crying lil' bitch.

This isn't a bad thing. Reusing assets saves loads of development time. Means they can hopefully get the game out next year for the winter holidays.

i remember when shit like this would just be called an expansion pack before the industry became 90 percent marketing

>Innovation does not equal invention stupid retard
In which case BOTW did neither
>Go ahead and tell me with a straight face that Mario 64 wasn't innovative because Alpha Waves was the first real 3D platformer.
No, Mario 64 was only refining the idea that 3D platformers could work
not him btw

shoo shoo zoomie, we all know it's your generation that's too young to appreciate good game design.
Back in my day we used to kill Zoomers on sight, but nowadays you guys would get offended by that.

Attached: Zoomer.gif (128x120, 2K)

First time since Aonuma got in charge. Majora's Mask was the last time.

>94

kek thats cute

I think that's fine when you integrate it properly and put your own twist on it. Square pretty much borrowed mechanics directly because of bad direction

now this is seething

they are all different from one another, just look some of them up

minigames like golf or target shooting, i wouldn't want to spoil them all

if you want numbers for how much of your time the dlc will take, you can look it up on hltb or ask anyone who played it

like i said, only 20 shrines play the same, all the others are all different

you don't NEED to do anything, you can not play the game at all if you don't want to, but it's a dumb excuse to pretend that the content isn't there because you chose to avoid it, in a game that's anything but linear.

there isn't a problem of walking through empty space, the map, for it's gigantic size, is actually littered with content that you can't measure as a quest or anything. just swallow your pride, play it and find out if you actually dislike it.

the game has a couple flaws, but all you retards hating on it barely mention them on these threads, sticking to the same memes every time

witnessed

Attached: 1555619795005.gif (500x385, 170K)

I don't know if I agree with that, the rainforest area had some cool shrine quests and one of the dragons. It wasn't huge or anything but I felt it was dense enough for its size.

imagine the interlinking lives and quests of a world full of npcs like rdr2 but in botw. this is gonna be the one true GOAT

I guarantee I'm older than you. Here, let's treat Mario 64 like you idiots treat BOTW. What did Mario 64 invent? It didn't invent moving around a 3D space, or physics platforming, or panoramic camera, didn't invent nonlinear design or collectathon gameplay. So go ahead and tell me what sole thing Mario 64 invented that makes it so great if you think innovation and invention might as well be the same word

This. We're getting a fucking mainline Zelda within 3 years max of the last one, we should be celebrating

cope, also since you are using both scores and awards, GTAIV won GOTY and has a higher score than BOTW ergo its the better innovative game
But please keep moving the goalpost, this is quality entertainment

Will there ever be another game that emulates this feel?
youtube.com/watch?v=Cml57TSaisw

Its a direct sequel what the fuck did you expect? And its going to cut the dev time down significantly.
Yakuza does the same shit, its not only fine, its fucking continuity.

>yfw they just reuse the overworld but add real dungeons to it

Attached: 1556408430548.jpg (640x637, 79K)

Despite my love of trains I consider ST to be worse than PH, how can you fuck up trains THAT MUCH.

I'll let you kill me daddy

Attached: da2.png (762x533, 34K)

Which was directed by Aonuma. You also got ALBW in that time frame

So how would each place change assuming you played as Zelda?

I can see the Rito not particularly liking her

The spirit tower with knight Zelda carries it imo. Although I miss the treasure minigame from PH.

>how can you fuck up trains THAT MUCH.
>Why is a device that's innately on rails on rails?

And ST was so much better in every other area that it more than made up for it

What’s wrong buddy? Why are you so angry. Is your body changing? I’m here if you need to chat.

One director of many for MM, ALBW was a remake and was killed by Toon Link almost immediately anyway.

I don't mind them reusing the overworld but all for the love that is holy ADD REAL DUNGEONS

Not sure about story changes but I bet Zelda can't climb like Link

LMFAO the mental gymnastics of the mentally ill loser, desperately trying to find someway - ANYWAY - to top BotW.

My God, your life must be a waking nightmare.

Attached: 1525228402217.jpg (259x194, 8K)

Kys

>>Direct sequels are rare in Zelda titles, but Aonuma saw something special about Breath of the Wild and wanted to create a new experience. "One of the reasons we wanted to create a continuation was because I wanted to revisit that Hyrule again and use that world again, while incorporating new gameplay and new story," he says.

what he really means is "we want to make more money and its to expensive to make a new world so we just re use the old one"

>ALBW was a remake
Its Japanese name is ALttP2
>was killed by Toon Link almost immediately anyway.
Toon Link wasn't in the game

So are you hype for Tarrey Town ?

majora's mask, dummy

GUYS KOTAKU JUST GAVE US THE HOT SCOOP ON IF WE PLAY AS ZELDA OR NOT

kotaku.com/breath-of-the-wild-sequel-producer-wont-say-if-you-can-1835456283

God of War has more GoTYs than BoTW btw

Sony ALWAYS wins

Unironically based.

More series should do this. Less time spend on engines is more time they can spend on new shit and refining things. If Sony did it I would be fine with it.

cringe desu

>There's no content in BOTW!

zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-interactive-map/

Would be kino if they made it into the gigantic main city of the game

>top top BOTW

I would say having a higher metacritic, way more sales and more GoTYs is a pretty surefire way of doing it :^)

Sequel confirmed he was Toon Link the whole time.

Attached: 91+ZVMp3I6L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1372, 389K)

Practically confirmed

In order to activate side quests, you have to elicit information about them from NPCs by offering your royal body

Well good sir, I do believe you've just revoked your opinion.

I hope it's there and bigger

>Sony ALWAYS wins

Have you had a nice E3 so far?

Attached: 1318560781002.jpg (389x251, 86K)

It'll probably be a Majora's Mask scenario where they reuse old assets but completely change what the world looks like.

>just a bunch of korok seeds

Yikes

Alright pedo. Back to Resetera.

>But I just love young children Like Michael Jackson!

Yea we know you do and that's why you have to go back.

>zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-interactive-map/

N-N-None of that counts!!!!

If breath of the wilds world was a third of the size I would believe you. It's just too damn sparse.

NNNOOOOOO SHRINES AREN'T CONTENT BECAUSE I PERSONALLY DIDN'T LIKE THEM, THAT'S A SHIT MAP FOR A SHIT GAME BOTW IS BARE AND EMPTY ALL THAT STUFF DOESN'T COUNT

That's like calling FSA a sequel to TP

>collectibles and crafting spots
by that logic, Ubisoft games are fucking loaded with content given there's a hundred different collectibles

Dilate. Lolis are pure /Yea Forums/core.

Attached: gelbooru.com 4420690 10s 2girls d animal_ears antenna_hair barefoot black_legwear black_nails book b (1205x800, 1021K)

FF7R and DS are gonna be kino

It'd be interesting if they all threw shade at you for not being Link.
>OH MAN IF ONLY LINK WERE HERE
>I MEAN I REMEMBER WHEN HE RAN INTO GORON CITY ON FUCKING FIRE
>DIDN'T EVEN DRINK A FIREPROOF POTION, JUST ATE A LOT OF FOOD

"Same Hyrule" is kind of a broad statement when the game doesn't have a name yet. That can range from

>It takes place in the same Hyrule, but you spend all of it undergound banging rocks.

to

>It's the same map 100%, it's $90 DLC and you idiots got excited! Ahahaha! I love this job!

Great work as always Kotaku

But it doesn't count! Now let me move this goalpost with my mental gymnastics powers to explain why it doesn't count!

Horse balls

None of Ubisoft's collectibles are fun to collect though.

I hope they add something in the snowy mountains. I was so excited to travel there, only to have nothing but snow. At least my first experience with maze was kinda neat, yet that was all shit on when i learn there are others in different location. They need to have unique locations! Please do not copy and paste like you did with the maze!

Attached: 7564.jpg (1200x800, 50K)

You also spend half the game turning into Toon Link drawing.

So we can agree all Ubisoft open world games are full of great content and totally not pointless filler? Neat, let's all preorder Legion now

>make the game seem like anything but glorified DLC.

This. They better sell this as a $20-30 expandalone or no one will buy it.

>game comes out two years later
>the intro picks off right where the ending stopped when zelda said vah ruta was acting strange
>Link and Zelda head over towards vah ruta
>they arrive to see a titanic elephant dancing and roaring through its trunk while the earth trembles beneath it
>the camera zooms in to show Mipha cheering on top of it
>a bewildered Zelda shouts out to get Mipha to settle down
>Mipha notices them and floats towards them
>she greets Link and Zelda and says she is overjoyed to finally have helped them slay the calamity
>Mipha then changes her expression to a sober one, looking sad and laments her death and the life she left behind
>suddenly, the mountainous ground under vah ruta crumbles from all the stomping Mipha had it doing
>a cavern is exposed with sheikah tech architectural features
>Link and Zelda go inside while Mipha decides she must visit her father while she still has time and says she will inform him and Sidon that a new discovery has been made as well as the end of the calamity
>the part shown in the sequel announcement trailer is now happening
>Ganondorf is resurrected
>an evil sheikah monk seeks revenge for the royal family condemning the sheikah's technology
>the ancient royal family had feared an evil had infected some of the tech and would corrupt the rest if they didn't shut in all down

Erm, well I guess something like that, anyway

2/3 of the "huge" map are just reused and polycount increased versions of the Red Dead Redemption map, and of those 2/3, you can't officially access half of it until postgame and the other half is just dummied out geometry.

What an entitled dick head.

Attached: Screenshot_20190612-182259_Brave.jpg (1342x461, 156K)

based and true

>“Well it seems like it’d make sense, because at the end of Breath of the Wild she was freed, so now she can be a protagonist,” I said. “Also, I think people have wanted it for a long time.”

>“I see,” said Aonuma. Then he laughed. “But I can’t tell you.”

Is this the Japanese way of saying "Go fuck yourself?"

I'll be watching on Youtube with a bowl of popcorn on Switch

>THEY PULLED A WORLD OF WARCRAFT: CATACLYSM
IT'S OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT

Say it with me: It's okay when Nintendo does it.

He got figured out easily, the telltale clue is the hair: Nintendo's mentioned rendering long hair and dresses animating is tough, and now look-- a Zelda in pants and with short hair. HMMMMM

So will it not be an empty tech demo and have actual content this time around?
Otherwise they can go fuck themselves.

Set it to shrines, towers, quests, and memories then tell me how its "just a bunch of korok seeds"

If BotW's open world is so great then how come that the most memorable and best moments in any players playthrough are from things like the stretch leading to Zora's Domain or the Yiga Clan hideout both of which are linear?
Face it, BotW is great IN SPITE of its open world, not because of it.

The climbing was very boring and the glider was way too "overpowered" for traversal and made all other elements of traversal irrelevant. For example how many times did you use a tree to cross a cliff after the first tutorial of that mechanic?
How many times did you try to find creative ways to proceed forward? 90% of the time the answer was just "get to some higher ground and just use the kite."

I mean that's the only way you can enjoy any game that isnt on the Switch

How much time has past since the last game I wonder

Attached: 200px-Link_Ocarina.png (200x261, 69K)

>by that logic, Ubisoft games are fucking loaded with content given there's a hundred different collectibles.

As usual, you're too stupid and immature to understand simple game design.

Koroks work so much better than similar ideas in other open world games.

Take Spider-Man on PS4 for example, which I'm currently playing. You have Peter's backpacks to find, essentially this game's idea of the korok content - a little easter egg hunt which provides you with credit to updgrade your stats and shit.

As is typical with most open world games, finding these backpacks is a chore. It involves nothing. They are lit up on your map and you just push your character there and press a button when you get there. That's it. Its NOTHING.

Nintendo, on the otherhand, understand game design far better than most. They gamify the concept. You aren't told where the koroks are. *YOU* find them all on your own. They aren't lit up on the map. Finding them is usually a subtle psychological test because your brain is programmed to question things which seem odd or out of place. So natural curiosity will pull you towards them
- your focus is always on the visible world in front of you rather than constantly looking at your minimap - and when you get there will find some puzzle to do. Simple as fuck puzzles yes, but at least its SOMETHING rather than NOTHING.

Straight away Nintendo takes this tired and loathsome open world trope and turns it on its head, makes it engaging and rewarding and ultimately tied to the core gameplay concept - exploration.

Its subtle shit like this which puts Nintendo head and shoulders above every other developer on the planet - an understanding of what makes video games video *GAMES*. And its the kind difference that uneducated plebs cannot wrap their heads around because they don't understand the craft of designing games.

By the way, I own a PS4 AND a Switch. There isn't a single game on PS4 which comes anywhere close to BotW. Embarrassing huh?

Attached: 1090049-1.jpg (2663x1877, 2.49M)

>Breath of the Vile
or
>Death of the Wild
Shit tier
>Breath of the Wild 2
Decent tier
>totally different name

Fuck. I was expecting something with similar gameplay and re-used assets but if it's the same exact world, it sounds like garbage.

I mean is it "he got figured out easily" or "he did the thing he said he was going to do when people were pressuring him for female Link in BotW?"

Based. BotW rules and people who don't like it are fucking retards.

The Yiga clan is only memorable because that shitty forced stealth segment that LITERALLY breaks all the rules the game established up to then is so TERRIBLE.

>Toon Link drawing
Wind Waker haters are invariably so god damn stupid

Attached: croppedtothebone0-2-1-1000x456.png (1000x456, 1.15M)

Based idort.

That seems like a pretty arbitrary thing to say. Regardless, not having to completely craft a new world means they can put more "content" in it. I don't know, man. An asset flip can be a good thing if it's done well. Just look at Majora's Mask.

The easy fix to Yiga was just make Blademasters that tough.

When the blademasters spawn in the wild make them kill ya in one hit.

Difference is nobody's talked about or even thought about GTA V since it came out, while BOTW is a daily discussion and is considered by most to be the greatest game of all time.

WE WUZ TOON LINKS AN SHEEET

Attached: forced toon link .jpg (640x299, 93K)

Wait, there's a fucking motorcycle in BotW? The fuck? Where is it?

The FMVs for the original FF7 have more soul and the story is already known. The remake is more to experience an upgraded FF7 with combat similar to KH

Ubisoft games DO have content, but it's often not fun enough to actually justify itself. Even just basic navigation in BotW feels good.

Baste.

On the plus side, Paya will be back and finally her getting cucked by Zelda will be canon

You're right, it hasn't been good, it's been great.

>same world
>same assets
>same mechanics

tell me why this game will take 3-4 years to make? it's already been in development for TWO YEARS

>pointless collectibles are better when the map doesnt tell you where they are
Well then a lot of old open world games did this too, guess Nintendo took inspiration from them and going by that train of thought those open world games are just as good as BOTW is
In fact GTA games do collectibles better than BOTW since by collecting X number of packages at least you get some rewards for exploring the world, meanwhile Korok seeds only give a "reward" once you collect them all

>totally different name

Breath of the Wild: Electric Boogaloo

>Image on the right is visibly more detailed
The premise of the game is turning into a drawing and walking on walls. The design of Link's painting form is based Egyptian wall art you fucking dipshit

So the reverse of what the game did? Feels weird. It was so dumb that in a game that prides it self on "you can do things however you want!", someone forced in a stealth segment that said "haha you can't fight here EVERYTHING is a one hit kill and fairies don't work and also your fish girlfriend hates when you're inside this building I guess"

DROPPED
not even kidding fuck that

>tell me why this game will take 3-4 years to make? it's already been in development for TWO YEARS

Because Nintendo believe more in artistic integrity than sheckles. They don't have to shit out yearly rehashes each Christmas to appease investors

So a lazy cashgrab sequel? Cant say I'm shocked

No they don't, there's multiple instances of rewards at various amounts of them.

Attached: images.png (251x201, 10K)

>Because Nintendo believe more in artistic integrity than sheckles

keep tellin' yourself that after spending hundreds on amiibos

>There isn't a single game on PS4 which comes anywhere close to BotW. Embarrassing huh?
Considering GOW4 won GOTY despite being a "TLOU clone", that's just a petty lie

>Korok seeds only give a "reward" once you collect them all

At least play the fucking game before you start talking shite.

"I wanted to revisit that hyrule again and use that world again" !== literally reusing the same map

Will they bring back musical instruments?

beat the calamity naked and in under 1 hour
t. uncle works at nintendo

Cringe

I would much rather the place be the exact same but they deepen combat and expand upon your lame ass shieka powers. Fix the weapon durability or at least add permanent weapons so progress isn't just armor and health bars.

i'm gonna reuse your mother tonight. faggot

>wow a sony game was voted GOTY by the corporate media that licks sony's sweaty asshole over being 'woke'

amazing

Boring*

Honestly the worst part was that they just reused all the assets and then tried to pretend they were new characters. That was the most flagrantly offensive part of the whole experience.

>only rewards are increased inventory space and a gold piece of poop because 'haha funny'
vs
>rewards like hard to access weapons or vehicles you can only get through collection or cheats
sorry user

Agreed. AC2 and Brotherhood have way way way better open worlds than BOTW. Even Revelations incentivizes exploration more.

Jokes on them I had bomb arrows and Revali's bow, shit changed from "Forced Stealth Sequence" to "Apocalypse Now"

>he didn't buy the shitty ass expansion "pass"

it's shit DLC and the stupidest thing is you don't get it until you've beaten every shrine so at the point where you get it you have absolutely no reason to use it as transportation

why people here consider GOTY awards irrelevant and "fake" when GOW won but when BOTW got one they immediately did a 180 on that?

>only rewards are increased inventory space

I bet you thought heart-pieces were a worthless reward in other zelda games too. Dumb fuck. KYS.

>incorporating new story and gameplay
It's to breath of the wild what majora's mask was to ocarina of time.
Using the same world doesn't mean that the game will be anything like the first one, which you'd know if you played A link between worlds.

>you only get it once you've beaten every shrine
No you don't you fucking idiot.

This thread hasn’t been fun. Fuck the haters :)

Name the content

It's obvious that Nintendo wants the next Zelda as quickly as possible instead of 5-7 years so they are obviously gonna reuse the same assets but gonna introduce a lot of new things, they don't really want Switch to lose momentum and I can easily see this game releasing in Holidays 2020 or early 2021.

Attached: 57f.png (680x747, 525K)

resorting to ad hominems have never won an argument

lol so it's DLC that you don't get until you've completed all of the initial content you had already paid for? Holy shit.

Getting the bike early game would be stupid as fuck. It only really works as an end-game reward.

If climbing is so boring, why do you keep doing it? The game is set up so you can play it however you want.

>a sequel takes place in the same world
whoa!

BOTW already had one

Cool. So what do you do for the other 90 hours?