Pathologic 2 bread

Bayarlaa, anyon.How are your bounds today?

>day 6 night
>game tells me something will happen at the steppe
>nothing happens other than the murky quest and grief heel turn, have scoured the entire steppe but nothing
>rubin turns out dead the next day and anna was seen carrying something like a body
Hmmmmmm?

Attached: Iknowthisisabout1insteadshutup.jpg (640x480, 64K)

Wait, where did my bull go on day 5 or 6? That's 200 rupies wasted.

I think the "thing happening in the steppe" IS the murky thing, and the rubin thing, did you make panacea beforehand? Did you go to his house where he's sleeping on the couch and told him nice things? If you berate him he kills himself afterwards I think

Also a question, does anyone know how to trigger the dream where you get the answer for resolving the apostate kin dilemma in the termitiery?i know you dont have to kill them anyway, just wonder how to trigger the dream thing

he will come back

>did you make panacea beforehand
A-user what?I could've done it somehow?I only said nice thing to the fella and he still died but he appearently made a cure before dying

Is Murky a carrier?

Why are there 2 Claras?

Is there some questline for Anna? I gave her a baby and then nothing happens after that.

yes. You have to make two things beforehand though. First, you have to try and make antibiotics from infected organs, like get an infected liver or kidney, slap them into the grinder in your hideout and mix it with a tincture. This will produce an antibiotic, use it on an infected person. After that go to sleep on day 6, location with the Living blood will be given to you in the dream. Use the blood with a tincture to produce panacea. If you don't do it before the inquisitor arrives, rubin bites the dust

murky ain't the carrier

because there's clara who makes miracles, and there's clara who's also personification of the plague

Attached: 20190523205417_1.jpg (1920x1080, 258K)

I had already tried the homemade antibiotics by day 5 or something and have like 4 of them in my bag but no dream with a location ever popped up, just one with a rando herb bride by a shiny triangle.Day 6 was really uneventful as well, so I'm sure I didnt miss such a thing.
There was this one bull cutting quest a day or two back where I gave the blood to dandy though.

Attached: 20190603165206_1.jpg (1920x1080, 214K)

you gotta sleep on day 6, that's where it popped up for me, either day 5 or 6, but it was in a dream alright so you might try again

board almost as fast as trash

Attached: 20190526152820_1.jpg (1920x1080, 179K)

Weird man, I napped like 2 times or so during day 6 as well.Well, I'm a man of honor so no more savescumming from me, goodbye you tsundere rubin
I also got a dream about Lara being a cannibal teacher but I didnt get any option to talk to her afterwards, this game seriously needs more interactions between characters even if they dont mean anything
going out of my way to visit a bound, especially one so far out like Grace and not even having a single line of dialogue saying hi grace how are you I'm fine doc what about you would make it better.Maybe it's just me though.

strange, i double checked and loaded my save from day 6 after i had done everything for today, because there was no quest markers left and the dream starts normally for me. maybe you need to finish some quests lines ? Thats my mind map from this day

Attached: 20190612224324_1.jpg (1920x1080, 243K)

>haha fuck you burakh we will no longer be content with just 1 fingernail because you are so fucking fat, oh by the way dont even think of asking for help if you are in a plagued district
Fuck these ugly fucks
By the way, anyone know how to remove that smog like look?You know, how it looks like color correction is fucked like in monster hunter world?Official videos and some screenshots dont have that problem.
I didnt try infected brains and hearts yet, maybe it was because I was missing them.I'll try to alleviate that if I finish this and try a second run.

I tried two organs, i talked with rubin in the hospital and doing normal quests for the day so maybe you need to talk with some people, dunno. I had also visited the old village in the previous days, but people said it's not required for the dream to trigger.

smog like look, you mean the plague overlay in infected districts?

It looks something like this. The top is Rubin's questline, the left is trying antibiotics and bull blood knowledge.

Attached: 1438988083768.png (1019x546, 372K)

I have been going to the old village for the last 3 days too, not about that I guess.Maybe I didnt sleep enough.
And no, I'm not talking about any overlay or filter but how the colors look
Think like the HDR ads.Colors look a bit deader than screenshots I keep seeing for me.

ah, because I have all the "extra" settings turned off, there's some shading extra settings that add a type of "vignette" around the screen I just play on "fast" settings to have more fps rather than better graphics

Attached: 20190531224143_1.jpg (1920x1080, 332K)

So I found the bull guy infected on day 2 had to put him down. Where did he take the bull?

did you buy it on day 1? if not i dont think you can get the bull afterwards

I've never seen a thread with so many spoiler tags. Really enjoying the game so far though.

Yea, day one.

well he takes the bull to your hideout after you get the keys to it

Huh, swore I killed him though because he got infected. Maybe it was a different guy he had a cowbell though and it referenced that it didn't bring him luck.

you can't kill important npcs like this so im pretty sure it was the same guy, plus cowbells are a common thing in the steppe culture, you see them all over the graveyard

I love item descriptions in this game

Attached: 20190601121748_1.jpg (2560x1440, 365K)

The game unironically expands and plays out depending on your choices and it's not about ''winning'' so much as experiencing so it's only natural.
On a seperate note, does Grief still do a full 180 against you during 6th day's night if you all met as friends at day 3?Both rubin and grief rejected my invite for whatever reason so it was just me and Lara.

>all the item descriptions add some personality to your character
>they all tend to be somewhat grim
>devs just couldnt stop themselves from putting a fucking when life gives you lemons make lemonade reference for lemons though

DANKO WHEN

Attached: based dandy.jpg (930x720, 142K)

Yes, he does. He just sees a way out for himself in Aglaya.
Also, I didn't even realize you could fuck up inviting those two goofs.

As somebody who is interested in this game, is this a linear one-time-story-telling game or is it more of a sandbox replayable kinda game?

wait, they can reject their invitations? I was always trying to be nice to the people and never lied, like when stah asked "is grif coming too?" I always said that he is, and that it was my idea. I didn't know they could even reject your idea. And you mean the time where you visit the steppe to "blow the train carts?" Ye, he NEVER intended to blow them in the first place anyway

me too, maybe i was just always extra nice to those characters

Kinda hard to answer that user. Both at the same time I guess.

Attached: Psdf.jpg (850x503, 230K)

there's a few choices you might change during the whole game, like if you manage to save more people you might get extra quests, or be better in combat, but im not sure there's so many choices, especially because the plot is only 1/3 at this point, still waiting for the other two characters

he looks like norman jayden from heavy rain

Talking to Grief's conscious was pretty neat, it was nice to know from the get go that he actually isn't a terrible person.

I mean, if you play clara's path in the original game you learn that he used the bloodshed in the town as his playground and his "honorable thief" facade was just a lie and he enjoyed the chaos and bloodshed and it was his men who did the cutting at night. In the second game he was indirectly responsible for barley the barber when he played pretend and posing as a big mean macho mobster boss. We'll probably learn a lot of new layers of dirt on people when we play as clara in the second game

I assume the problem was that I spoke to Rubin during the town hall meeting first because talking to daniil means he disappears from the house and you can only talk to him there
He acknowledged that we were meeting up but rejected, the mission marker by Kain's stayed but he was no longer there.Dunno why Grief didnt attend though, maybe because rubin was missing too.

OH, I know WHY. You HAVE to invite your friends BEFORE the bell rings. For example you have to wrap up the quest of your house (when kains say they want to take your house so you need to hand in the papers to a district prefect in the infected district). The bell starts ringing when you walk out of Eva Jahn's house, you have to invite all your friends and wrap up the house side quest before you try to talk to dankowsky in eva's place.

>missing out on the best moment of the game because you are brainlet

Attached: 1560194377037.png (480x696, 255K)

Attached: battle.png (1074x893, 600K)

I honestly prefer his design in P2 over the Marble Nest one.

Attached: 232623].jpg (738x478, 180K)

>like lara
>think she likes haruspex too, always be nice to her and all
>talking to rubin when he's napping has an option where haruspex suggests lara and rubin should marry
>get a nightmare where lara is an evil murderous teacher too
A-anons what's happening, I just wanna save my steppekids and waifu and live happily ever after

She's just got some problems she keeps to herself, don't worry about it.

That sounds like either an arbitrary rule or oversight but fuck it
I did invite Grief before the bells though and he still didnt come, that rascal.

to be quite honest, i don't like his design in the newer games very much. He looks kinda derpy with the hairstyle, maybe that was the intention, but it looks like the devs couldn't decide if they want to make him look 20 or 40 years old. Also WHERE'S CLARA'S HAIR I WANT MY CUTE DEUS EX MACHINA BACK

there was failed quest marker when the bell rang that said "there's no time for sentimental meetups'" or something like this so i figured you need to do it before that moment, maybe you didn't kiss grif's rubin's and lara's asses enough?

He's cute

>That sounds like either an arbitrary rule
Rubin accepts if he doesn't know an epidemic is about to break out, and when he learns it later he can't back out anymore
Rubin refuses if he knows an epidemic will break out because he has better stuff to do
Grief only comes if Rubin comes
It makes sense

>Grief only comes if Rubin comes

:^)

Meant it more as in line with the vidya logic of bells starting after visiting daniil but yeah
It was still one of the most chilling scenes in gaymen for a long while for me despite being just a walking segment, jesus the whole bell ordeal was well done

I guess they needed a concrete point of time where the bell rings, just so you can deal with the sidequests beforehand, i think it's a better choice rather than "bell rings at 12 noon" because people deal with different quests at different times

I finished the game and Im wondering if it's nesesery to kill the 4 worms hunting rubin during that night quest. Im playing again and i want to solve the termitiery questline without bloodshed again and im curious if you NEED to kill the kin hunting down rubin in order to save him as well

I dunno but I am happy to announce that you can stunlock and maybe even 1 shot those niggers with lockpicks
Fuck em

>Not wanting to kill these ugly fucks

If you fully ignore Rubin's questline but make the panacea he survives
If you ignore the Termitary questline then Taya and both Vlads survive

yea I already know that you can talk to fat vlad, then to clara, and to fat vlad again so both vlads survive. Do you know how to trigger the dream sequence? Because i read on steam forums in a few places that you can trigger a dream like between day 7-9 that will "let you realize the peaceful solution" to the termitiery problem? I know that it resolves itself after you visit the abattoir but just curious about that dream and the "all dreams achievement

lockpicks are pretty OP in this game honestly, you need like 3 backstabs with the knife to kill a worm but they die with one broken lockpick

NO BULLY THE KIN

Can't you just literally ignore every quest and just hunt for food and water for 12 days, let basically everyone die, then finish the game and get a normal/good ending ???

>i haven't been in this part of town since day 1
>i wonder if that cabinet has some water bottles
>find this
we are all gonna make it oynon

Attached: 20190611004645_1.jpg (1920x1080, 371K)

>If you fully ignore Rubin's questline but make the panacea he survives
>If you ignore the Termitary questline then Taya and both Vlads survive
AAAAAAAAAAAA BUT I DONT WANNA IGNORE SHIT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

pretty sure you can, actually

you mean the place near the Bone pillar Lot? there's also a very small footlocker nearby, i and I found BASICALLY almost the exact same items as you did in that small footlocker, strange. I think items gather up over the course of days if you don't look them fully

As long as you don’t take Mark’s anti-death-penalty deal, sure, I don’t see why not.

What the FUCK is the cloth looking thing I need to upgrade my inventory space? I’m on Day 6 and haven’t seen this shit once, not once.

its just a cloak, you can find a normal one on almost any clothes shop, the repellent cloak for the second upgrade you can find from the guy you steal a toolbox from

So I like that the secret ending in the original pulls the rug out from under your very pained efforts to keep everyone alive, but the fact that literally any of the difficulty and rush in this game is 'fake' and basically just in your head is pretty appropriate to the slightly different angle this game has on the meta. This overall concept struck me seeing people freak out about the death penalties but then noticing how irrelevant they are. But even noticing how they barely make a difference, they are pretty stressful. You almost can't help it. Which ties into self-created meaning in this fake setting with fake personalities and risks etc.etc.

Still kind of disappointing from a gameplay perspective, though.

it's normal cloak, and then repellent cloak twice, and then army cloak. You buy them in clothing stores.

Fuck me, I’ve found TWO repellent cloaks so far but zero regular ones. Thanks. I’ll hit up a clothes store.

yeah, honestly I started over TWICE because I rage quit over dying on day 4 in my two playthroughs actually. Then I realized it doesn't really make much difference, as long as you don't die like 10 times. Also the original ending was pretty fun, like people get mad at the game that it shows them that the whole town was just made up by two kinds trying to cope with a funeral, but then you realize you knew it from the start. I mean, it IS a game, so you knew very well it's all just make believe. ALSO, you get extra lore snippets from Mark after each death in patho 2 so it's not all so bad after all

You can also buy the sewing kit and toolboxes, you will need them for future upgrades too

found it right about here, remember to check your cabinets anons

Attached: 20190611004652_1.jpg (1920x1080, 390K)

>start game
>make it to Day 3 and realize I fucked myself by playing wrong
>restart game
>make it to Day 4 and realize I fucked myself by playing wrong
>restart game
>make it to Day 5 and realize I fucked myself by playing wrong
>restart game
>make it to Day 6 and realize I fucked myself by playing wrong
I can’t even make it through Haruspex, bros. There’s no fucking way in hell I’m going to finish Chadelor and Cringeling. I’m so burned out on this shit already. I REALLY want to like this game and keep playing, but I...

Attached: 089AF18F-3276-4AE7-9448-D00ABC1A18F3.png (421x462, 254K)

user...
Every choice is correct as long as it's willed, go on.

How do you get the kids to start playing hide and seek? I told them I'd play and then they just stood around all night.

ye, also, im on my second playthrough and this time I'll RESPECC the children's cache game rules, meaning for every item taken from the cache I'll leave one behind. I wonder if this will change the ending of the quest (you get it resolved at around day 10 when you get sent on a goose chase to kill a dude in a Friday's yard, a place near saburovs' . I wonder if this changes anything because previously i just looted all the cashes dry and never left anything.

If it's of any help i spend like 60 hours before i even left day 6, because i kept replaying and trying to get better and better results. Kinda trying to min-max shit outta autistic obsession i might admit but you should just pull through, but if you want an advice, loot children cashes, save a lot of nuts, trade for every schmowder you can and break into normal houses and steal shit from them

it might be bugged, i often needed to move around the square a few times for it to trigger

Is it the three particular ones that are standing around? Most kids in the area keep just dicking around, and you ignore those and find the three hiding ones.

>both stamatkins and aspie-ty are dead by day 7 because day 3 to 5 were ass-rail town and I didnt actually care about them
I'm getting numb about them anons, nobody matters but my step kids and friends anymore
It's not bugged, instead of just turning your back you have to go behind them, move a bit then turn back so you were going towards the wrong direction
It's fucking dumb and I was puzzled too

Anyone got that one pic where the person has like 2 kids with him and says I have only knew these for two hours but if anything happened to them I would kill everyone and then myself?
Mite do something about pathologic with it but I need the original because I can't draw and I'll just paste faces on them instead

It's "irrelevant" if you don't play your role, don't bother to care about any of the character or the Town; you get what you put into the game. Your motivators should be in-character and you're rewarded in-character by the things you care about and tried to save, surviving. Or not.

it really is a game where you get out of it what you put into it. If you play it to get the high score and tick off all the sidequest boxes so the game can tell you you're a wonderful completionist autist, surprise surprise, it's going to be disappointing.

This is, I think, what is meant by the sandbox/talk to the devs endings in the original. It's only as real as you let it be. You and the devs both know it's not a real world with real events. But you have to act like it is anyway, otherwise what's the point? Why even go through all this trouble and spend all this time if you're not going to commit to your role?

not directed at you specifically btw, just general ranting.

Attached: 1504298978096.jpg (1920x1261, 587K)

get candles, don't sell water bottles, get your fund up, you only need 1 + tincture to know the right antibiotic (and one painkiller), get swevery, sell your useless herbs everyday, there is a reason the game marks the dead item shop, get magical kid powder as soon as possible, worry only about your bound, remember you can pause the game anytime even talking and trading stop time, plan your routes, stack food from day one, buy candy wrappers AND BUY THE BVLL, i didn't even deal with looting abandoned houses because of the sheer amount of hive-mind muggers spawning behind me
this is basically all the fundamental knowledge i got from not restarting, now its yours oynon, stop restarting and you can do it.

Attached: 20190611003547_1.jpg (1920x1080, 467K)

Commit to a playthrough you little shit. You're going to fuck yourself by playing it wrong, this is not avoidable. You have to deal with your mistakes is the important part, and not by savescumming until you do it perfect. You gotta let yourself be okay with fucking up, you'll get a much better game out of it this way.

Sure but the climax still feels lazy and disappointing this way and they should've more involvement even if you do not get seperate endings depending on who lives

> you only need 1 + tincture to know the right antibiotic
Wait what the fuck, how does that work?They just do the same fucking shit while diagnosing for me

because endings to patho 2 looks rushed as fuck and both nocturnal and diurnal are very "meta" looking for me, and are kinda too surreal, as in it's no really in character, like the people standing in the steppe look more like an ingame dream to me rather than a proper ending

If someone tells me something and a thought bubble doesn't appear does that mean there is no quest?
Also where can I sell organs? I went to the marked place on the map but nobody was in.

if the pain is at 0 a single + tincture will give you a definitive diagnostic, i learned this when you had to give 4 people morphine, the ones with no pain gave me a full diagnostic while the others gave me a choice between two

Attached: oh shit WATCH OUT WATCH OUT.jpg (1920x112, 24K)

FUCKING HELL

Mostly yeah
Jesus fuck I am just learning this, fuck this gay earth
I wasted so many fucking resources

yep now i have a new found appreciation for healthy organs and i feel that answers my question as to why are my homemade painkillers so valuable for the halves, a single one goes for around 17 handshakes

I don't really agree with this. By my actions I saved all the characters I could and I was rewarded by getting to talk to them, make plans for the future, and imagine how the Town would be from now on. Considering I chose Diurnal which was literally "preserve the town's future", this seemed pretty spot on. If you don't save a character, there's a big gaping hole in the epilogue where they would be.

yeah i'll probably catch some heat for people misunderstanding this statement but different endings depending on who lives is too blatantly VIDEO GAMES for me. why should that be so? then you get people trying for "the good ending" regardless of whether or not they give a shit about said characters. you start valuing meta concepts instead of ones that matter to your role. you're not thinking as Haruspex, you're thinking as a player trying to maximize your what, % complete run?

yeah i'm being a pretentious twat but for this game i think it's worth trying for a bit more than the usual "7/10 it was okay" discussions.

Go through the door behind the counter.

the biggest complain is that there's not enough interactions with your bull, you can't pet it, can't ride it, can't sacrifice it and trace the lines, can't milk him for delicious TAN

Oh fuck, ok.

you can sing to him though, that was nice
>tfw he asks you nicely not to kill him along with the rest of the Earth/Kin

Attached: 1473928428956.jpg (392x495, 120K)

>milking the Bull
i thought that was the Bachelor job

Why did they take away the broship with Bachelor in 2? He and Haruspex in the original were best buds laughing at all the bumpkins and busting out of prisons. Now they hate each other.

?? You must be early in.
Keep playing, there'll be plenty of opportunities to bro it up as shit starts hitting the fan.

>Im gonna save this fukken town and eradicate the fricken heckin plague once and for all!
>leave stamatin bar after patching that mobster and talking to the courier
>bunch ragtag misfits kin wait outside in a procession begging not to bleed mother boddho dry
>...
>WELP GUESS LIVING WITH THE PLAGUE ISN'T THE WORST LIFE, TOWN'S GOTTA DEAL WITH THE PLAGUE NOW

Did you really played the game? You can almost flirt with him in some dialogues

I am pretty early in. That's good to hear. I liked the Bachelor/Haruspex team up.

>that one scene where dandy is nearly shitting his pants because inquisition will arrive tomorrow
>that one part where you bring him the bull blood

Nigga why are you whining then?Go play some more before you get spoiled some more

>have to take care of like a dozen autistic steppesons and steppedaughters and maybe get a sad pity handjob from Lara where she stops and breaks down crying halfway through because she feels like she just isn't helping enough
OR
>ride through the endless plains of tywre atop my trusty steed, absolutely shitblasted off all the twyrine in the world as I take another swig of TAN, the tasty dairy drink that quenches both hunger and thirst, knowing after this I'mma head back to my village and fuck all the Herb Brides at the same time
hmmmmm

Attached: 1480686786090.png (1279x834, 2.24M)

Attached: c607a02cf6455bcc38d1cb5a2fd0468b_original.gif (639x428, 2.68M)

I didnt buy the bull cus i thought the guy was trying to scam my ass, did i fuck up? I am on day 2 so i can still retry.

The guy should still be there, but if you think it's a scam, then go ahead and ignore him.

>retry
learn to live with your mistakes user, it's the best advice I can give to enjoying the game to the fullest

> plus murky and sticky survive, basically the only two kids worth their fuckin Salt
>sticky dons a shirt made out of burlap sacks RIGHT AWAY showing that's he's more than prepared for the new steppe lifestyle
>murky is adorable as always
>clara, grace and taya all become the town's new mistresses
>polyhedron survives so autistic kids can play pretend with their miracles still
>Ospina tells me she loves me and that I'll have a lot of children to repopulate kin back to its former glory
nocturnal ending seems like clara's canon ending from the first game and i was honestly surprised, i prefer it much more than the diurnal ones, anons
i dunno how you boys but i welcome out steppe overlords with open arms

party rockin hard

>you'll have a lot of children to repopulate the Kin
With who? You already eviscerated your promised herb slut, and Aspity's clay legs probably go all the way up, if you know what I mean.

But yeah it's not a bad ending considering you leave almost everyone else to die or fuck off to parts unknown.

she says you will have sons in the future, in regards to your future generations carrying the torch. In my head canon this is the proper good ending, simply because "udurgh" was the bull, aka the town, and not its people. Like Sure, it's cool to save all the people in the city an all that, I'd probably go along with that ending if it didn't actually mean literally murdering mother earth and killing ALL the magic in the world by bleeding the earth dry in order to make the panacea. Like in the diurnal ending clara and aspity both say they'll die soon because all the magic is also dying. That's kinda no bueno. Also how the fuck would the town survive anyway without mother boddho? Bulls were taken from the steppe and probably actually taken straight from the depths of earth, plucked like twyrine, so how would the people survive anyway when the literal heart of the town's industry and life is dead ? They just gonna hope a train with food arrives every two weeks?

>mfw I wasted three regular tinctures on every person and ended the game with over 20 morphines

Wow I am a grade A retard.

Attached: 1558414232238.gif (245x245, 726K)

its ok user, you're no the only one, i honestly believed that you only need morphine so the pain levels don't reach maximum, because the game says that sure, pain makes diagnose harder, but it doesn't specify that keeping it lowest is the best option. Either that or we're all just fuckin retarded

Attached: 1559006723930.png (1920x1080, 1.5M)

does someone know if the color of a home brewed painkiller even matter?

i don't think so, it's mostly about organs, brains being the most powerful, and blood/kidney being the weakest

No, and neither does the potency of a tincture.

i hope clara will get some cool gimmicks gameplaywise, and not just the rehashed "trade health for some rep by 'healing' infected"

Attached: tumblr_pahacio6yH1s2vsuio2_500.jpg (500x313, 45K)

I just restart days when fucking up. No way restarting game is right when you get free shit each day from bins/funds/steppe.

Attached: 260.gif (500x400, 2.91M)

>meanwhile in silent hill part of town

200 coins is nothing, can't even buy anything usable with it. And you get a cool bull for it. Deal of a lifetime.

So how long until Bachelor?

Attached: 516662_v1.gif (300x297, 300K)

12 days.
The worst 12 days of your life.

>light match to dispel plague cloud
>wait for it to disperse to be safe
>respawns the moment I walk forward
This is bullshit.

You should be able to find two charms at the start of the game. That right there is enough to buy two bulls!