This is gonna be the biggest breakthrough in the West Dragon Quest has ever gotten and I love it...

This is gonna be the biggest breakthrough in the West Dragon Quest has ever gotten and I love it. The dark days of worrying about localizations is over.

Still sad about the Monster 3DS titles though...

Attached: DCF355C7-A170-435C-8BBF-B98BD5352341.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

It seems that at least in Japan, you can get a code that'll let you essentially carry over your save from either the ps4 or 3ds version.

Attached: d83llyjuwagbkexelk8q.jpg (635x356, 55K)

Oh damn that’d be nice

>The dark days of worrying about localizations is over.

DQX is still active and we'll never get it

I spent like 150 hours in XI and loved it so this would be the tits.

Attached: __martina_and_senya_dragon_quest_xi_and_etc_drawn_by_ouse_otussger__f03b71f0f0e8e1cb0120829d881d2506 (1062x1000, 191K)

Haven't they stopped banning westerners, at least?

Jesus, SE.
The gameplay styles of both the PlayStation 4 and 3DS versions in one.
Spell of Restoration scenario selection.
Newly added party member dialogue.
Fully-voiced events.
Voice support for all party member dialogue.
Switch between voice languages (Gorgeous Edition-only).
Option to turn on / off sounds from the protagonist (exhaling, etc.)
Voice Drama.
The timing at which you can visit Yocchi Village has changed.
The placement of Yocchi that possess passwords.
New “Appearance-Changing Equipment” added.
Madame Cherie.
Implemented horse racing remedial actions.
Furigana display.
Ability to skip cutscenes the first time around.
Camera improvements.
Photo Mode added.
Increased variation of ridable monsters.
Ability to attack ridable monsters on the field to earn experience points.
Switches to dedicated background music when riding a great sabrecat.
Party members follow you on the field.
Dash movement.
Ability to call horse at all times.
Obtain experience from blowing away monsters on the horse.
Shiny spots stand out more.
Immediately obtain materials upon examining gathering points.
Bowgun gameplay revised.
Added church Yocchi before the Lord of Shadows Mordegon.
Adjusted the placement of guest NPCs when camping.
Increased the tempo of party dialogue.
Added party member speech bubbles in battle.
In battle, party members move on their own according to the situation.
Adjusted battle speed.
Added ability to switch between free movement and auto camera mid-battle.
“Skill Reset” available from the beginning of the game.
“Learn Multiple Skills” available from the beginning of the game.

Attached: DQXIS-Stream-Capture_06-12-19_016.jpg (1920x1080, 193K)

Forging can now be done anytime, anywhere.
Reverse lookup and purchase materials required for forging.
Made it easier to understand which items can be created with forging.
Display 2D-only monsters in the 3D bestiary.
Navigate the UI with the joystick.
Added shortcut menu.
Added guide for opening the map.
Added effective weapon type icons to the skill panel.
Display defeated monsters list in the map menu.
Display rarefied monsters on the defeated monsters list.
Display status ailments when switching out party members.
Improved the display of walking recovery effects.
Appearance-changing equipment is properly labeled.
Purchased materials automatically go into the item bag.
Revised soldier events in the Heliodor Sewers.
Partial improvements to 2D graphics.
Partial improvements to 2D event scenes.
Adjusted the 2D map at the start of the game.
Added “Smell” to replace Noah’s Archive.
Added ability to click through the message window as the level up melody is playing.
Partial quest adjustments

Attached: DQXIS-Stream-Capture_06-12-19_001.jpg (1920x1080, 338K)

Fuck if this is true here I might actually buy it on the PS4.

They went all out, no wonder they don't know if they even want to port this.

Can't wait to play it
Hopefully DQVIII comes out on the Switch with the orchestrated OST

PC bros....

Attached: 1560199657250.png (633x758, 293K)

That was one of the things confirmed in the Direct iirc

wait did actually say DQ8 was coming to the Switch?

well...we don't actually know yet if we're not getting it.
we aren't

No, that other user was mistaken. It's just PS2/3DS right now

Fuck I saw roman numerals in this DQ11 thread and thought of 11
Sorry user

honestly they could put the games on switch at this point with the new fighter in smash

Someone could possibly rip all the new Switch additions and mod them into the PC version.
PS4 is boned though.

I haven´t played any dragon quest game. Would this be the one to get into the series? Does every game have its own story or do they have one continuing story ark?

I don't think anyone's doubting that, I'm just saying that DQ8 hasn't been confirmed for the Switch at all at the moment

it would be better if it's official. I don't mind waiting for a patch, even if they say it's coming 2 years from now, I just want them to fucking say it. Japs are super weird about this definitive edition shit, so from what I understand about Japs is that it's almost a guarantee that it'll never be patched outside of Switch.

I think I've heard the first 3-4 have a more overarching plot but after that I'm pretty sure it's disconnected

>This is gonna be the biggest breakthrough in the West Dragon Quest has ever gotten and I love it.
Aren't pretty much all Dragon Quest games identical?

>Yocchi Village
Which means senya's god dancer armor will be in. Cool.

No, and Dragon Quest has never had such a big fanbase westward so I'm sure he means DQ actually having a sizeable western audience thanks to this.

Wow i sure am glad i held out for the switch one. There was a point when I was about to buy it for PC. I mean that literally like i had it in my cart and everything but i thought i heard there was a definitive version coming out so i removed it

I think this sentence based code only works in japanese.
English version wiuld be an essay

>Appearance-Changing Equipment” can now only change appearance without affecting attack power and defense power.

Not really.
For some reason there's this fake stereotype that every single DQ has the same plot every time.

Is this version getting different endings?

I was referring to the gameplay, not the plot. They're just JRPGs they fundamentally can't be deep.

This is what I wanna know. What's changing, plot-wise?

those fuckers better fix the third act or I'm not buying a switch

Attached: Drunk Delinquent dot jaypeg.jpg (650x500, 112K)

I only read that you can marry other girls now too and not just Gemma. Or live with the dudes. But this was revealed earlier and I do not see it in this new list of changes.

I'd rather play it on PS4 for $20 instead of $60 on switch with a couple different features that will just be free dlc in a month anyway.

If I can marry that hot bitch with the black hair then fucking sweet.
Also it better not be kinda lame like Jessica's romance in DQ8

>The dark days of worrying about localizations is over.
>No new Monsters Games
>No DQ Rivals
>No DQ X
>No Rocket Slime
yeah,they're over...

Attached: 1464051635776.jpg (1200x855, 447K)

Every DQ after the first added new gameplay features and they keep most of them on for later games.
Again, a lot of people don't even play the games and keep saying wrong shit about it.

The team in charge of the franchise are competent and Yuji Horii is a defining example of a good dev.

I've rarely seen it drop below $50 on the PS4, you'll probably be waiting a while. It's $50 at most places right now

>tfw she becomes the most powerful and useful character in the game but is nerfed hard for the post game

Felt bad cause she's a nice woman.

How many of you played a DQ game? Witch one?

I've played 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 11. I missed 9 for whatever reason and I haven't bothered with 1-3

bruh..

Attached: F114CA23-2A6D-43F7-B125-9C33166C8F36.jpg (1268x670, 193K)

Played all of them except IX (which I own) and X
But have only beaten I, IV, V, VII, VIII and Xi

>Every DQ after the first added new gameplay features
This is straight bullshit. i've played V, VII, VIII, and X, and they were all the exact same shit. I put a substantial amount of hours into all of them and Beat both VIII and X. To pretend they're anything other than generic JRPG gameplay is incredibly disingenuous. Granted I enjoy the games, and I feel they are very polished, but they're absolutely not groundbreaking in anyway. What "new gameplay features" are you even talking about?

9 is a weird one. I liked it, but it's very weird.

>You can swap out the shitty DQ XI for the GOAT DQ VIII music
I could handle everything up to this point, but this is the straw that broke the camel's back. If this isn't brought over to PS4 I'm fucking rioting.

>The dark days of worrying about localizations is over
Considering they changed Sylvia's name to a more masculine name even though the feminine name has significance in his story, I'm going to have to disagree. At least the west gets the game though.

DQMJ3 is such a good fucking game it's a shame that the joker series is likely dead.

oh god I hope so

Attached: __hero_martina_and_nima_daishi_dragon_quest_xi_and_etc_drawn_by_tokumei_wombat__sample-2b09f09fa77d1 (850x1077, 222K)

I've played through 5, 8, 9 and 11. I'm playing 7 right now, and I have copies of 4 and 6 waiting for me if I manage to finish 7 before I die.

>Switch

who cares

Some of those aren't actually gameplay related stuff but it's there to show the game's framed differently so it isn't really the same shit over and over

II multiple party members

III class system and character creation

IV Fragmented storyline that converges in the end

V Monster taming, a story more in depth showing the entire life of the MC

VI revamped class system, multiple worlds

VII long ass game, special skills from mastering multiple classes

VIII that psych up thing, skill allocation, item crafting

IX procedurally generated dungeons, tons of side content

X an MMO

XI skill system that looks like that board from FFXII, revamped crafting mechanic

Just because the combat is mostly attack attack heal for all games doesn't mean it's all the same.

>Just because the combat is mostly attack attack heal for all games doesn't mean it's all the same.
The combat is like 80% of the fucking game.

to give you some hope I'm picking this up as my first dragon quest title not including builders

Cope faggot

It still needs to sell you son of a bitch. And I don't see a series whose central gimmick is:

- Bad Midi music (because Sugiyama is a bastard in real life)
- Not Dragon Ball Z art style.
- General samey JRPG formula with no style like how Persona lives it up

Is going to somehow start selling like 3-4 million in the west. No one gives a shit about this shit series and no one cares about the Mute Heroes from DQ. If you think that DQ heroes will be as popular as Link from Zelda think again motherfucker. A story heavy game where you play a mute is not going to impress many people, even Persona 5 only sold like 2 million and that's nothing. Even failure series like modern Tomb Raider sell much more than that.

You expect to get through a game without removing the obstacles? It's an RPG you dense motherfucker, ofc you attack and heal it's a basic formula. Dragon Quest helped inspire other JRPGs and it's gameplay is traditional because it's an old franchise with gameplay that sells. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Bitch.

The stories in these games don't matter. The heroes are mute and t he main characters suck and the villains are just generic one note stereotypes like "demon lords" and shit like that so don't expect good villains either. Dragon Quest's central hook is to waste your time with standard fantasy tropes and cliches like rescuing a princess from a monster. Shit like that. You're not going to find great narratives. In fact games like Shadow of the Colossus has a better story than EVERY SINGLE DQ game. Dragon Quest is shit.

Started with the Monsters games as a kid, loved them. Played Dragon Quest VIII and was confused why there were Dragon Warriors enemies in it. After that I played every mainline except VII and IV all the way through, doing IV on my phone right now as well as Builders 1.

You're right, why bother fixing flaws with gameplay like complete lack of difficulty and rewarding tedious grinding. Afterall JRPGs barely exist anymore since they've already developed into a new franchise mostly exclusive to mobile phones called idle/clicker games.

>no DQX
I've accepted that it's never getting localized, I'm downloading the PC version now and learned of a way to keep up a subscription without a Japanese credit card, it'll be rough learning stuff but this is basically the only way

Attached: 1540596499848.png (750x693, 355K)

>complete lack of difficulty and rewarding tedious grinding

There's Draconian settings that fix this, you mong.

Maybe if it was 1986. DQ is old shit compared to FF and TLOZ, which took themes from DQ and made them better.

>185▶
>
I mean I got downvoted on Reddit for saying they were generic swordsmen.
But then again most fans kept saying the reason it was good was it's classic gameplay and steafast adherence to classic themes.

Why not play Final Fantasy instead.

You haven't played them.

Go back.