Is this a nod to the 1 jiggie you get in Mayahrm Temple jiggie where you have to tip toe past Ssslumber...

Is this a nod to the 1 jiggie you get in Mayahrm Temple jiggie where you have to tip toe past Ssslumber? Like that is so fucking niche a reference, IDK if to respect it or question

Attached: file.png (1255x648, 1.24M)

Why ivysaur and not snake?

It pretty much is a nod to that.

Maybe they wanted to go with the look more than make a clever quip, maybe there'd be an issue with parent companies

We get it, using the analog stick in a time where it was still a relatively hot new feature for Nintendo is neat, but why 2 of those boring tip toe missions in the first level?

Attached: file.png (241x262, 131K)

Yeah it is, took me a bit to realize.
There's also K Rool falling into a hole in the ground and a rock falling on top of him. A clear reference to Grunty at the end of Banjo Kazooie.

More cartoonish and fits with the grass theme. While Snake would be more accurate he doesn't really fit the Banjo aesthetic.

>boring

tip-toeing past the cavemand was pretty fucking intense when i was young

Attached: 2afb66453fc044c1d9cdc3e5ce814411.png (228x196, 91K)

Yeah. The part with Donkey and Diddy is also references Conga, with DK holding one of Pac-Man's oranges (no idea why they used the white alt, though).

It can be, but I don't wanna slow down to a crawl, let alone twice. Plus, it's like if MGS did the Meryl minefield puzzle twice in a row.

Attached: file.png (640x360, 254K)

hot damn

Attached: file.png (2276x582, 1.86M)

>Pancakes had honey
>Banjoy loves honey and his lifebar is basically honeycombs.
DEEPEST LORE.

Attached: 1560273506719.jpg (750x721, 34K)

Hot jiggity damn

>Banjo dabbing
I didn't know how much I did not want this.

Ah, that was it.
I knew it was something but I just couldn't remember what.

Probably

Syrup isn't honey

>puzzle
wtf nigger you don't even have to crawl unless you want the mines, and if you crawl you can just go straight forward. just walk on her fucking footsteps

I thought it was a reference to the green sleeping ghost in Mad Monster Mansion.

It's a Yogi Bear reference.

>Yogi Bear
>not Humphrey Bear

Attached: 346274284247.gif (500x374, 1.96M)

I'm excited to find out what they come up with for his classic mode path

I would expect Diddy, DK, K.Rool and Bayonetta, not sure who else or what order.

this is pure SOUL

Red K. Rool in Distant Planet for Mr. Vile.