Are we ready to admit that this is not only a good video game, but also a good Banjo game, albeit unconventional?

Are we ready to admit that this is not only a good video game, but also a good Banjo game, albeit unconventional?

The game oozes the same soul as the first two games despite the car mechanic

Attached: Banjo_nuts_and_bolts_CA.jpg (640x360, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wU2ujUKYlk4
youtube.com/watch?v=rFwNdZ7lr_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Eat shit faggot, it's fucking awful and you know it

EEEEERT! WRONG!

"The car building is fun! Never mind that the
Driving
Missions
Level design
Bosses
Writing
Artstyle
All suck cock, the car maker is cool!"

youtu.be/wU2ujUKYlk4

S
O
U
L

Ya I'm thinking it's time.

Dilate and have sex, virgins.

I disagree with literally all of that. The worst part of N&B is a handful of frustrating missions, and it's not like Tooie didn't already have it's fair share of those

Unbelievably based thread

No. I never hated Nuts and Bolts because the gameplay was different. I hated it somewhat because of the new art direction but most of all because it completely disregarded and shat upon the worldbuilding from Tooie.

I've always stood by that it's a good game, just not really a banjo game. Using banjo characters also isn't inherently a bad thing, they work in it in a spin-off sense.
But it was released at the absolute worse time. People were hungry for a new traditional banjo game, and the trailers were really deceiving about what this game was going to be.
If we had gotten a new proper banjo game either before or announced for after nuts and bolts I feel like it would have been received and remember a lot more fondly.

Because it was not a banjo game it was car maker game with a banjo skin.

>that insufferable faggot lord of games
"Collectatons are dead"

>The backstabbing of what the real game is despite the teaser.

youtube.com/watch?v=rFwNdZ7lr_Y

Everyone want them back.
I just don't trust rare.
They will find a way to fuck it up.

Attached: 1560282798613.jpg (345x278, 36K)

No, is fucking shit and now with Banjo in smash we can finally kill it for good.

>a good video game
It's flawed in a lot of ways, but yes, I think Nuts and Bolts is a good game.

>a good Banjo game, albeit unconventional?
Absolutely not. It's not 'unconventional', it's basically in a completely different genre to the first. It could be a completely different IP and no-one would draw a connection to Banjo's gameplay.

I'll give it another year then

Attached: banjohank.jpg (974x733, 167K)

FPBP

>uses kazooie as a key and a chainsaw
>kazooie does LITERALLY NOTHING in the actual game

yea fuck nuts & bolts, Rare is dead, I hope they sell Banjo to Retro Studios

The builder gives you a substantial amount of freedom, but the actual game isn't built around such freedom. There's nothing to do or explore in the worlds since jiggies are locked to NPC-specific missions in set locations. You're stuck with the basic trolley in Showdown Town and sometimes locked to pre-built vehicles during missions. Mission variety is another disappointment. Way too many 'drive through rings' or 'pull object to this glowing ring' missions. Boss fights with Grunty just boil down to slapping a bunch of auto-weapons on your vehicle and holding the wrench repair button until her seat falls to the ground. There's no reason for worlds to have so many separate doors when only like 1-2 change the setting to night or add a couple changes to the environment. The same 5-6 NPCs are recycled despite the series having a ridiculous amount of characters to dig up and too many of them have been reduced to snarky assholes pointing out how redundant a task is.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

>Nuts and Bolts
>No soul

Yikes

I put a lot of time into it. Its not that bad of a game.

L.O.G. was pointless. He never plays a significant role and just stands off to the side after the introduction until the very end. The attempt at a rivalry with Grunty falls flat because there is no sense of urgency. When she's not just standing in the center of Showdown Town with her hideous new cat, she's causing minor mischief at best in one of the worlds. Online multiplayer is just the same missions again with the alternative being just dicking around until someone shows up in a very detailed vehicle that while impressive, has no purpose and its uses are possibly hampered by the world design accommodating small cars and basic flying machines.

However, the music is outstanding and the introductions to each world are very charming. It's clear they wanted to capture that old magic, but they got carried away with all the self-depreciating jabs. Remove Banjo from the title and you've got a nifty vehicle creator with shallow as fuck gameplay in areas with no substance.

Attached: look at all that nothing.jpg (1200x675, 215K)