How do you think Sakurai did in his portrayal of Banjo?

How do you think Sakurai did in his portrayal of Banjo?

Attached: 1lb1h1.jpg (1024x1024, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtubemultiplier.com/5d013ca7b353b-im-finna-boutta-dab-on-stevies-lmao.php
youtube.com/watch?v=77P3_Iihkpg
youtube.com/watch?v=lU0LMxdnDHg
youtubemultiplier.com/5d0143dc74bb9-in-celebration-of-stevekeks-getting-btfo.php
youtube.com/watch?v=HP8NiQj4TEg
twitter.com/RareLtd/status/1138488551841181701
youtube.com/watch?v=kONmDCla6Nc
youtube.com/watch?v=bxMh1hvk1KE
youtube.com/watch?v=tP0cAU0M3-Q
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/465848240/
youtube.com/watch?v=a35Ge_dww2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=1uDQ8mTYUHQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pretty good, Banjo missing a piece of soul but Kazooie is full soul

SOULESS

Kazooe looks great, Banjo looks extremely uncanny valley

it looks just like Rare's renders from the 90s but in modern day. it's perfect.

This. Zoomers say he looks wrong, but zoomers probably never saw his 98' renders.

The only soul that is missing is yours, it’s perfect.

You subconsciously got used to nu-Banjo so when you saw Classic Banjo back in full effect you thought something was missing.

The best fucking design ever. So faithful and beautiful. I fucking love it. May not have played any Banjo games, but I certainly played the hell out of Diddy Kong Racing.

I’m going to be honest: both Banjo and Hero didn’t deserve the slot.

I’m not a Stevefag, but I was hoping for something more original than “generic anime sword fighter” or “mammal and bird combo.” Slime would have been a preferable DQ rep, and I wouldn’t have mind more gunplay representation from someone like Doomguy.

Attached: 1533907702138.jpg (320x299, 25K)

naw banjo's face just looks slightly off to me compared to his original renders, especially his in-game appearance in ultimate vs original renders

banjo's a little too beady-eyed for me
however, he looks perfect here

Attached: banjo.jpg (1200x800, 264K)

He did his best

Ah, I see. I’m curious, what would you do the design to add more soul, I may whip up a mock-up.

>w-why don’t you like Banjo?! you must be a stevefag!!!!
Sorry to burst your bubble, but not everyone on this board eats up the shit Sakurai throws

>Sakurai

There are hundreds of people who work on Smash.

Celeb devs being the figureheads for their studios is one thing but don't act like there isn't a fuckload of people doing the work on the game.

SHUT THE FUCK

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

STEVE IS IN.
BANJOKES BTFO!
STEVE IS IN.
BANJOKES BTFO!
STEVE IS IN.
BANJOKES BTFO!
STEVE IS IN.
BANJOKES BTFO!
STEVE IS IN.
BANJOKES BTFO!

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP
FUCK
OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Attached: 1551917225569.png (1170x658, 380K)

After seeing Banjos new design it made me want the B-K remake that was cucked in favour of N&B.

the concept that the characters knew they were in a remake and they would do things differently sounded like the perfect way to remake a game while still paying tribute to the original

I think you mean Steve Mayles

That's becasuse of Nintendo trying to modernize the old design. Back then, old Banjo had his eyes slightly detatched from the head, making them more vertical. Since the Smash version makes Banjo's eyes affixed to his head, his eyes look more slanted as a result.

Attached: 9-99985_banjo-kazooie-png-banjo-kazooie-n64-transparent-png.jpg (840x1151, 319K)

You have a point but the team that works on the DLC is massively reduced from the main game, it probably doesn't even scratch 100.

Banjo looks like a mouthbreather. Why doesnt he close his mouth jesus christ

I'm not sure as I can't quite pinpoint what looks off about his face to me, might be the size of the head and eyes?

youtubemultiplier.com/5d013ca7b353b-im-finna-boutta-dab-on-stevies-lmao.php

Post yfw Steve gets added as a Mii Swordfighter costume and wields a wooden/stone sword instead of the obvious choice

Attached: BanjoThumbsup.png (748x800, 600K)

Irises look too big on Banjo and it looks unnerving. Otherwise it's fine.

>Irises look too big on Banjo

Attached: file.png (659x768, 662K)

He matches his fans

It's the fate he deserves.

Attached: 6ac.png (218x248, 101K)

I would main Mii Swordfighter and practice only against Banjo to BTFO you retards.

Damn, that would BTFO me so hard...

Kazooie is perfect. Banjo is giving me a Wallace & Gromit vibe, which is different but I kinda dig it.

>Bad 90s CG design choices still look bad 20 years later
shocking

Attached: mpv-shot1515.jpg (1920x1080, 284K)

They're basically the classic renders used for old 90s promotional material for the N64 titles but modernized. And I'm really happy because of that. They didn't go too radical(unlike that OTHER redesign) and its very fitting for Banjo and Kazooie's rightful return to a Nintendo console. Yes they changed a few things here and there, but you can do some fancy Photoshop claim its from old unused box art and nobody would notice. Its basically the same Banjo Kazooie we all know and love from the N64 games, Sakurai and his team did a great job overall.

Attached: IMG_20190418_220711.jpg (780x439, 56K)

Attached: Dwj_-nFU8AE51TI.jpg (399x463, 22K)

Banjo was the character I wanted more, but The Hero looks more fun to play as.

where the FUCK does this image of Banjo come from
was there like some promotion between Banjo-Kazooie and those fucking cookies I can't remember the name of

>Banjo and Kazooie are back on a Nintendo console after 14 years
If we don't get a fucking platformer out of this that BTFOs Yooka-Shitty I'm gonna be so fucking pissed off

Attached: 1445746182853.jpg (500x500, 30K)

Unrelated to the topic but why does everyone seem to think Sakurai does literally everything? I honestly think that some people unironically believe Sakurai is a one man team making all the moveset, art, and roster decisions all by himself.

Pretty well done

Attached: 52851962.png (561x328, 148K)

I was really hoping Nintendo was going to announce a Banjo remake for the "one more thing". It would be cool to see this idea revisited. Don't think it's ever going to happen unless Microsoft sells the Banjo IP, since they seem uninterested in using it.

Attached: IMG_20190611_164954.png (615x614, 520K)

youtube.com/watch?v=77P3_Iihkpg

hit the nail on the head

It's a 10 for me since he didnt base his render off of pic related.

Attached: Banjo_nuts_and_bolts_CA.jpg (640x360, 74K)

Banjo has always looked ugly so he got that part right

God, this is such a weird slice of the 90's

I want to FUCK Kazooie

>Banjo
>didn't deserve
Just because your first console gen was PS3 doesn't mean you can take it out on everyone else.

How do I get into this series if I don't want to fuck the bear?

probably the second most off looking version of a character yet

Why is it always a Doomfag

Attached: 1539729346333.jpg (500x459, 53K)

it's a series with two games

How about Kraft Super Mario Macaroni?

youtube.com/watch?v=lU0LMxdnDHg

Just about perfect. The eyes seem a bit weird on Banjo but I've honestly never seen a Smash-style Banjo render whose eyes weren't a bit off, it seems like a tough design to translate to high-poly.

>all people should like the same things as meeeee
I grew up with a SNES and N64. Maybe it's because I didn't go through puberty troubled by strange feelings for anthropomorphic characters, but even as a child Banjo/Crash and all the other cereal box mascot characters did nothing for me. Enjoy your shallow and juvenile pedantry though, faggot

God shut the fuck up already.

Pic related

Attached: mpv-shot1538.jpg (640x480, 77K)

To be fair, we still barely know anything about them and they are still going to be in development for a few months. The original K. Rool reveal trailer made no mention of his belly-armor mechanic so we probably haven't seen everything yet. For all we know, they have access to all the egg-types, not just Blue/Grenade and possibly have a item collection gimmick based on the Wonderwing clip.

Attached: D8y6rseUcAA1kOo.jpg orig.jpg (1920x1080, 296K)

You say "mammal and bird combo" as if it's a generic choice or something. There's ONE other character on the roster that falls under this, and that was a fucking wild card pick that no one was really expecting (or particularly wanted) that in no way should exclude Banjo, a character who by every reasonable metric SHOULD be there, from being there.

>“mammal and bird combo.”
This is only the second one of those on the roster, it's not really comparable to anime swordsmen.

Banjo looks great in some shots and weird in others, but overall he looks great too

It's totally the eyes, you're right

Oh sweet, you can see the modern Rare logo on the backpack.

>Steve gets added as a Mii Swordfighter costume
You say this like this isn't obvious. The only minecraft content that would get in is a mii costume and maybe a few songs for the random stages like hanenbow.

I don't like Kazooie's eyelashes.
I think Kazooie worked best when she was androgynous.

Other than that, pretty faithful to the original design. This couldn't have been Masahiro "Fuck you, Piranha Plant is getting in" Sakurai's idea.

foreverially delitized

I get what you're trying to say but Sakurai is literally the decision maker for Smash. He is the one who actually designs the character's concept and moveset, not his team. They bring the character to life by programming that vision into the game but they aren't the ones who you credit with how the character is actually designed. Really, how a character is represented in Smash comes down to Sakurai and whoever the artist is that does the physical design and modeling.

weirdly enough banjo looks a hundred times better on the actual ingame model than he does in the render.
i've never seen this done before in smash, usually the render looks better.

Attached: 1559893270335.jpg (540x441, 182K)

STOP

Oh god

Attached: mpv-shot1361.jpg (1920x1080, 412K)

are we still doing the doomguy meme? Its worse then goku and just as likely
and don't give me that bayonetta shit, shes like teen at most unlike m rated doom

Fuck off already. You lost.

youtubemultiplier.com/5d0143dc74bb9-in-celebration-of-stevekeks-getting-btfo.php

>all that boring stupid drivel
sucks to be you. amazing to be a banjochad

Because he does? he's the director and main guy behind all the decisions, he might not do all the work himself, but everything that happens in the game and gets in the game has to get aproved by him first.

Banjo is literally the most deserving of a slot, he was going to be in melee, and most likely brawl and onward if it wasnt for Microsoft. Tbh I also want doomguy in but I wanted banjo more

Thanks for reading! and thanks to Sakurai for saving me money on DLC

shut the FUCK up ZOOMER

>I think Kazooie worked best when she was androgynous
??
She was always a girl user

Yeah, but many people didn't know that. Kazooie looked androgynous and acted in a masculine way.

Sakurai knows how to pick his incarnations. For every guest character, we got their best, most iconic look.

Go have sex, loser

>the classic false-false-flag
having different opinions doesn't invalidate the "millennial experience"
for example, I think that owning a home is an affordable option - one that's right for my wife and son.

Literally had female-brand eyelashes in all renders.

Yes, and she was androgynous.
There's probably dialogue from the original game that has Kazooie correcting someone too, I vaguely recall something like that.

He has a golden feather mechanic for what I assume is his side B. You can see 5 feathers above his head when he rushes through the characters. I wouldn't be surprised if he had one for his egg attacks.

You ignored all the other replies btfoing you and now ur on edge and acting bizarre. It's just the internet dude.

i just want banjo three, not made by microsoft though

Interactions with Goggles don't count.

The eyes are too big on Banjo and the mouth is a little weird at some angles but other than that, solid

B+

Attached: 55b4735c851a0de16fce2daae0464dcf.png (700x421, 355K)

>Kazooie looked androgynous
She's a fucking bird, sorry they didn't give her big tits and an ass.
>acted in a masculine way
?

Attached: perro.png (1092x668, 114K)

>You ignored all the other replies btfoing you
that was literally my first post itt, senpai

Was it in renders? I actually had to a double think and checked images and in game she didn't(prob cause hardware limits) but i vaguely remembered female lashes as a kid
On top of that I do for a fact 100% remember people referring to kazzoie as a her or she

Who gives a shit smash is awful

You know, since I'm so amazing and excited I will give you a "you're welcome" but I didn't really read it if I'm being honest... Sorry you aren't having a fun time :/

>Masahiro "Fuck you, Piranha Plant is getting in" Sakurai
Plant is still the best newcomer.

Yeah, she's a bird, but she looks like she could be male or female.
And she acts in a masculine way. She's rude, pushes Banjo around, talks back to people, and is more, shall we say, "free" with her bodily functions.
She's the one who wears the pants in the relationship.

I'm drunk at work, having a blast though senpai

>Banjo Kazooie of Nintendo 64
Was this the Sans Undertale of the '90s?

I actually kinda like the Nuts and Bolts design, the OG design is better though.

that doesn't change anything lol

>She's rude, pushes Banjo around, talks back to people, and is more, shall we say, "free" with her bodily functions
Have.... have you ever met a woman, user?

>Other than that, pretty faithful to the original design. This couldn't have been Masahiro "Fuck you, Piranha Plant is getting in" Sakurai's idea.
You do know that Sakurai was planning on cutting Pac Man altogether if he had to use his new Ghostly Adventures design, right? Making faithful representations of 3rd parties is one of his prime objectives.

The Hero looks like Link with a bit of Robin, Banjo seems more interesting to me.

Nice try to throw in a condescending furry comment. The cereal mascots were simple, iconic and full of personality, no wonder a lot of people love them.

I'd hate to be that guy, but... was there any reason Kazooie had to be a female? I’m all for equality and everything, but I don't know, even though it's from the 90s it just seems kinda like forced diversity to me, even for back then. Why not just make Kazooie a male?

Attached: scared.jpg (500x500, 36K)

imagine trying so hard for a reaction that you have to justify knowing who the character is after its painfully obvious
Fucking ecelebs are cancer

>generic mammal and bird combo
I fucking love seeing this substituted in for "anime swordsman", never ceases to be funny

Attached: 1554593586352.gif (460x345, 494K)

So do you even like Steve/Minecraft, or are you just a contrarian who didn't want Banjo to get in? Either way, seethe harder and have sex.
You'd expect him to use a diamond sword, wouldn't you?

...God, you're concrete.
I'm talking conventional masculinity vs. conventional femininity.
Being loud and assertive is conventionally masculine. Being nice and submissive is conventionally feminine. These aren't universal rules, they're just the way we see gender.

Kazooie is CUTE

Attached: 7d2dfa55af7f7090e0c2e3a1c18eb107.jpg (400x500, 102K)

Shes a cunt user. Its her whole shtick
the foil to banjos nativity

Based sarcasm poster?

>You loved oranges and I loved apples as a child so your puberty was troubled and this post isn't juvenile, you are
Youre near 30 and you're this nasty about people loving a sentimental game?

>but she looks like she could be male or female
So do most fucking birds I see outside. Unless it's a species that has specific distinct differences in plumage that I actually KNOW about, I can't fucking tell if it's a male or female. Same with a lot of animals. Same with dogs, if I can't see the dong I can have a hard time telling the difference. This is such a stupid fucking post.

>I don't want to fuck the bear, I just want to rub and smell his feet!

Exactly. The traditional gender roles are reversed.
It's kind of like Fry and Leela in Futurama.

But Kazooie is anthropomorphic.

Because a eggs are a crucial part of the gameplay and why would a male bird lay eggs?

Obvious bait, but wanting her to use eggs as projectiles probably had something to do with it.

>why would a male bird lay eggs?
Why would a male dinosaur?

Nah, that would be the mislabeling of Pokemon back then, where every Pokemon was a Pikachu.

s-sure... just joking h-haha
Otis from Barnyard is a male and still has utters so why not Kazooie? They're both cartoons

cause shes a bitch and they thought it would be funny. like that sounds like i'm joking but that's how old rare rolled
Its the same thing as the pterodactyl apologizing for being rough with her and she says she likes it
its just a joke
Forced diversity didn't exist in video games until 2013 user

>The cereal mascots were simple, iconic and full of personality, no wonder a lot of people love them.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

God I want that

Gross but whatever if that's ur taste bro. A drunk mind is a sober heart after all.

Think you're forgetting that these characters were made by westerners, not by nips. If the devs had been Japanese then you'd have a point about the way Kazooie acts. But no, this game was made by Britbongs in the 90s. You know what was big in Bongland in the 90s? The fucking Spice Girls.

Use a little common sense and some knowledge of the culture these games were created in, user.

no its so kids know exactly what system to ask their parents for

More interesting dynamic

If custom specials were still a thing, this would be perfect for giving Kazooie Fire and Ice eggs as well. I can't see the Clockwork ones working too well except as maybe like Bowser Jr.'s mecha-Koopa things.

...I miss custom specials, bros.

It'd be a little weird to change her sex 21 years later

yikes imagine confusing a girl cause shes a bitch
Other anons are right, before 2010 trans shit girls were portrayed as mean all of the time just fine
unironically all of this destroy the boundaries of gender shit just threw even more walls up

Kazooie is a video game character, not a cartoon.

well you shouldn't be allowed to if you're under 18

Har har...

Kazooie's little red bit on her beak is cute.

So that he can force female birds to eat all of them.

It's a mix of the best parts of 64 and 360 designs
>high poly design like 360
>good coloration like 64

This is your brain on /pol/.

You do realize females make up ~50% of the population for most species, right?

Attached: 1531288027571.png (499x338, 38K)

Incredible. He is the Banjo that I always wish low-poly banjo looked like.

I am baffled that anyone here doesn't like it, ESPECIALLY considering how it compares to N&B.

>constantly talking shit
>loves getting abused in all ways
Being Kazooieless is suffering.

Attached: domestic abuse.jpg (880x924, 302K)

>How do you think Sakurai did in his portrayal of Banjo?
SOUL

Everything was either faithful as hell or improved by the changes. I absolutely adore this new animation for the feathery flap. And I love that the talon trot has Banjo sort of ragdolling behind Kazooie as opposed to Banjo being stable like he is in the original games. It has way more character.
Really excited to see their expressions for all the different animations, the few we've seen are already very very good, the Breegull Bash especially

I think that anyone who thinks Banjo looks off is probably (naturally) more used to the low polygon model as opposed to the renders. There was a pretty large discrepancy between the two back in the day and they're clearly pulling mostly from render Banjo and Kazooie for the Smash model.
Also you've probably never looked too hard at it before, but Banjo's little hair tuft looks weird in pretty much every rendition of the character. Try not to focus too hard on it or you will never unsee it lmao

Attached: feathery flap.png (478x568, 478K)

Yeah he looks nothing like a real life anthropomorphic bear

is that Ralph from the Simpsons?

literally formatted like one of those twitter posts aimed at /pol/. Get some new material

I'm just glad they made Breegull Bash the forward smash, that was absolute perfection.

The duo are really wonderfully animated as well, so full of life. Just look at the clip of Banjo on the ledge, how Kazooie looks around then just cartoonishly slips back into the backpack.

anthro animals are by definition uncanny valley

I wanted the dog and he's one of my favorite characters in game too.

>tfw no tsundere gf that gets off on getting abused

Attached: ghfg.png (520x588, 364K)

All you fags saying soulless look at this shit.

Attached: Soulless vs soul.jpg (2084x1024, 231K)

Banjo is fucking hot

He looks good in Smash too

Gotta have something to bitch about, no matter how hard devs actually try to make things perfect for their fans, people will still force themselves to find problems so they can whine. Smash Banjo is objectively the best Banjo has ever looked in a next-gen modern setting.

Attached: teeth.jpg (1920x1080, 489K)

We really did survive that time period were roundness wasn't allowed, and everything had to be straight, edgy, and blocky

Because her character inspiration is the rude, ugly slags britain is known for

That's fair enough but let's be real user, you are very much the minority in that.

When I saw his soles I clapped

Imagine being this jaded faggot

Imagine being scared of Mickey Mouse and fucking My Little Pony.

haha, yeah.

Imagine

Attached: 1367895772845.jpg (640x480, 192K)

God what the actual FUCK were the thinking with this one?

I think maybe they thought the angularity of those designs vaguely resembled lower-poly character models from the N64, but it just doesn't work and shouldn't have even been a consideration past a single piece of concept art.

>traditional gender roles are reversed
women have ALWAYS been cunts. this has been recorded throughout all human history. thats why our ancestors were smart enough to subjugate them. now the world is mega fucked and i think we all agree that the niggers of gender are to blame

Except for wherever he goes.

Hell yeah we did. I bought nuts & bolts back in 2008. Never been so let down. At least the bear &, bird are back baby

>piece of soul
Quantify this with actual words you faggot.

>Otis from Barnyard is a male and still has utters
thats because the creators were legitimately retarded and thought cows and bulls were different species and that all "cows" had milk udders. otis was a male cow in their very special minds, not for any reason other than they thought male cows could exist

Viva Pinata was pretty successful and Rare decided to push forward with the style.
It lowers the polygon counts for higher focus on bitmap textures.
Plus, I figure they were trying to capture more of a "rugged" look on the assumption that it would appeal more to Teenagers.

Yeah cartoony is the right word, there's so many really good stretchy little bits, like when they double jump and Kazooie shoots up with the bag first stretching the straps and then Banjo follows.

Am I the only one who liked this game?

>new bad
>old good

The animations and poses are done skillfully enough that you forget the man behind the curtain pulling the strings.

the only good thing about nuts and bolts is kazooies feather tuft. the hair one in smash doesnt look as good as that. also smashzooie has fur, which is very weird

>Try not to focus too hard on it or you will never unsee it lmao
Thanks a fucking lot man.
My only issue is with Kazooie's face being a bit "too" wide.

>the niggers of gender

Attached: Nani.jpg (540x540, 38K)

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

Attached: 1560319409527.jpg (2797x2066, 1.63M)

>banjo on nintendo again
>people will clamor for Rare Replay for Switch
>but goldeneye will never return

>the creators were legitimately retarded and thought cows and bulls were different species
Give me the sauce, I won't believe it until Isee it with my own eyes.

>Sonic

Obligatory

Attached: 1554840344861.png (2000x1429, 695K)

Guy you replied to here. It had the makings of a great car builder game but was hampered by poor game-play decisions like pre-built car sections that restricted your creativity and suffered from trying use Banjo-Kazooie as a cheap tactic to sell copies. It would have been way better off to have just been an original IP like Viva Pinata and then done a much more polished sequel like TiP did. It's a shame but attaching Banjo to it basically killed any chances of an improved sequel. Live and learn I guess.

Attached: 1560147108628.png (1280x1011, 368K)

>I think Kazooie worked best when she was androgynous
She had eyelashes in her original promotional artwork you faggot tranny

based
he looks just like the boxart and instruction manual renders

the best part about banjo being in smash is the amount of times i will have to be subjected to this vomit inducing smashified render is lowered significantly

Attached: smashified banjo.png (509x509, 232K)

I didn't notice them until just now. They're pretty well hidden.
Here they stick out like a sore thumb.

they could just used one of diddys other friends for nuts and bolts like that turtle looks like he could be a mechanic

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 230K)

hello mr. jafari

haha

I would pay for Wario and Bowser to be as good as Banjo. Two of Nintendo’s biggest characters fucked for no reason.

You're missing a piece of your brain.

BADA BING BADA BOOM

Why did Banjo get this celebratory pose moment where all the characters are celebrating him being added to the roster?

Attached: Banjo celebration.png (1611x911, 1.84M)

Why does Yea Forums like this furry so much? The games aren't anything special. Is it just nostalgia?

They did TOO good of a job, they should make him use his eyelids more.

Attached: pilot.jpg (514x600, 48K)

you can look it up. he tried to save face by saying he thought other people would assume cows and bulls were separate species so he kept it that way to not confuse them. also theres the time an actual bull showed up

they look nothing like any of their ingame appearances but a lot like the N64 render box art, which is a nice touch

Sega almost certainly made that determination. They are super anal about the way they want sonic to look

You're right, I just get the feeling a lot of people hate it just because they used Banjo characters in it. I thought the levels were cool and a lot of the challenges I had fun with.

Because they realized the audience wouldn't celebrate some literal who getting added into the game

cause people wanted banjo in since melee
zoomers don't realize how much people know who banjo is/like him
Its a big moment for gaming
youtube.com/watch?v=HP8NiQj4TEg

Yeah it took me a while to even find a blink. The guy is constantly wide eyed.

What an underrated post, have a (you), you clever shit.

his paws

Or just made a brand new character. The game has such an obsession with the weird pig NPCs (statues in Colosseum) that run around, they could have made a hog (roadhog/pig/motorcycle enthusiast) guy take the main character slot.

He's fucking perfect, I can't believe how good he looks in action. The Rare characters + Dedede and Luigi are the soul of Super Smash Bros.

Soulfags are the cancer killing this board.

Pretty sure that’s just her down, not fur.

I think he looks pretty good for the most part, but there are some animations that could use a bit more facial expression. Right now he looks like someone wearing a suit during certain animations rather than the bear I know and love.

Attached: 1560280645617.png (1028x874, 861K)

They gave him anime eyes.

NO BUY

I suspect it's because he's a character that they've wanted to add for a long time and that losing the IP to Microsoft was devastating to all parties involved.

The intro itself speaks for itself. He's seen as a close pal of Diddy Kong and a cornerstone of Rare of the N64 library.

something about banjos eyes are messed up but to be fair it is hard to make them look good

I kinda like how you pissed off people with that post. It could be mixed into a Steve post pretty well

Attached: 1560310542773.gif (480x270, 43K)

>They are super anal about the way they want sonic to look

Attached: fdm9URiX2jUmricQRZZzEV.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

>slime
The fucking goomba of DQ. What is it with Goomba fags?

Just remember he’s still a WiP
What they showed off at E3 was most likely the first playable build they had

>that kid's voice
>the sunglasses
>the audio
I hate this

shut the fuck up rosterfag

The only thing I'd want changed would be the hair tufts and slightly smaller, separated eyes. Like and But it's part of his original render so I'm not really complaining.

Attached: 4331179011280.jpg (1006x1108, 231K)

That's what I figured. I hope they can fix whatever it is that's off about him.

>Thanks a fucking lot man
Any time nigga :^)

Attached: 24258-banjo-kazooie-render.jpg (480x600, 52K)

...they're probably keeping the best for the end, I cannot disappear like THAT! I'M STEVE FROM FUCKING MINECRAFT!
I'M NOT DEAD YET BANJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!

Attached: 1560242283254.png (939x960, 248K)

Attached: image.png (1200x655, 1.34M)

>The games aren't anything special.
The soundtrack is phenomenal, the art direction is impressive, and it's a platformer with a diverse moveset that handles extremely well. Even if it wasn't groundbreaking from a technical perspective, it was an amazingly well-rounded game that earned all of the positive reception that it received.

>Wahhh my generic space marine didn't make it in

I seriously don't get why Doomfags even exist

Attached: 09efae54bfd044e95f230f6ee71e6fc3.png (893x732, 475K)

Its too late! The shit must flow.

Attached: 1560238030492m.jpg (836x1024, 94K)

I cant wait to hear kazooie shit talk again in the KI codec call

Will we ever get an explanation as to why they thought this was a good idea?

Sonic looks better in Smash than anywhere else

Incorrect

Attached: 0a84643129f266595ec825c808175b782cf55b25v2_hq.jpg (640x448, 40K)

banjo felt off at first but that was because i didn't realize the detail in the fur that wasn't there in the past. Kazooie looks almost exactly the same here as on the original box art. i like it, a lot.

Duck hunt was literally meant to be the compromise for not getting Banjo-Kazooie in Smash for WiiU that’s why they it appeared in the trailer as a joke.

its a great render though
they didnt even fuck their hair up like the official renders did

>Doom
>zoomer

Attached: 54731719_2277130079224462_310903307582747013_n.jpg (750x738, 68K)

I'm going to laugh so fucking hard when Doomguy gets revealed

Attached: file.png (1200x1200, 1M)

Don't jinx it.

Do it.

Attached: v realizes kazooie is a girl.png (325x194, 91K)

I prefer that to the roundfest modern western animation has become

Take your dumb ass "soul" meme and fuck off already jfc what do you want from Sakurai?

>what do you want from Sakurai?
His soul

It's better than Nuts and Bolts, but it looks a little too soft(?) Maybe because I'm used to his nose having so few polygons.

>Simon
I'm fine with the classic design, but they should've at least put the Chronicles design in as an alt.

its all in moderation

i wonder how their amiibo version would look like, i'll preorder it as soon as it gets announced

Attached: banjo.jpg (800x775, 301K)

Go on...

twitter.com/RareLtd/status/1138488551841181701

Never ever listen to anyone that said that Steve was more wanted or likely than Banjo.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-12 Rare Ltd on Twitter You asked We listened Nintendo were listening too, and we (572x514, 54K)

Are there any new JP reactions or tweets out?

SAved for future btfos

Sadly, there's no Palutena's Guidance for DLC characters. Too bad they don't show one of the funniest things of Banjo and especially kazooie.

They could patch that, right?

why did he have a horn?

Didn't funny plant have one?

that only confirmed plant was basically cut from the base game for dlc

no it didn't

oh ok sorry

I'd actually be down for a Minecraft stage with entirely destructable terrain going down to the caves. It's the best, most signature idea you could pull from the series anyways, kinda like Rathalos from MonHun instead of yet another swordfighter.

I'll be annoyed if there aren't Mii costumes from MS that are:
Steve Swordfighter
Master Chief gunner
Rash Brawler

>dlc characters don't have things
>the first one that came out shortly after the game and was giving for free for a month had thing
>doesn't mean its not cut content and nintendo wasn't scummy by cutting a charater and bundling in a promotion in the hopes of getting more sales on launch

Hmmmn

DIS IS NOT OVA! BEARS!
youtube.com/watch?v=kONmDCla6Nc

They could, but they don't, it seems they can't afford to record new lines for each new character. A real shame.

Yes, it has one. It seems PP was planned to be in the base game. Or they just recorded that line before realease the game.

Don't do this bro. I support Doomguy too, but Banjo (along with Rare in general, DK-aside) has been snubbed from its own home for over two decades now, he was looong overdue for Smash.

Goddamn this is the stupidest post I've read on here in ages.

this
fuck wojak

banjos gay and you're a false-flagging nutsack

Attached: IfYouCan'tHandleNutsAndBoltsYouDon'tDeserveToMainHim.jpg (1300x712, 348K)

The latex leather fetish looking crap? Really, dude?

Because he fucking deserves it.

I hope he has a Gruntilda color scheme.

You missed the point.
Trolls AKA awesome people want Banjo-Kazooie.
Numale manchildren want Steve.

Every amiibo is modeled after their render. So just check out the OP's image. Unless you mean how it'll look when transitioned into a figure. Probably will look fine. Amiibos have come a long way since OG Link amiibo and Marth. I was a little concerned how Ridley would look but he's beautiful. I bought two even, one to open and one to leave in the box. I don't give a shit about the "physical DLC" aspect of these fuckers. Affordable nice little statues of my favorite characters is great.

Real talk, why the fuck is he playble? He's an irrelevant character from a dead franchise

Actual iconic characters like Bomberman, who has over 60 games mind you is only an assist trophy, but this furfag who hwas 5 games, 3 of which weren't even in Japan gets to be playable?

Unfucking acceptable, you can't seriously defend this

Attached: 1554852551963.jpg (601x496, 76K)

the alt colors excite me

Also Conker and Mumbo

He deserves it, because I want to FUCK the bear. PS FUCK ASHLEYFAGS BUNCHA DEGENS

Because fuck you. Fuck your minecraft zoomer shit. Fuck your discord server. Fuck your constant steveposting autism. Fuck everything about you.

Why do you have to bait. For once can't we go without baiting?

Should've gotten more sevens

Attached: 1543852602873.png (2000x2000, 2.52M)

>Sakurai works himself to near-death for us and he can't even be bothered to have the VAs record some extra lines for DLC
Methinks his priorities are a bit skewed

Nope, Doomguy and Crash are the two I want in for the remaining Fighter Packs. Though I'm already satisfied no matter what, I waited for Banjo for 21 years now.

This fucking render makes it look like he's screaming as he loses control of his plane.

based

Another swords character pass

>person using Bomberman to shitpost

Attached: Sad.png (400x330, 287K)

You know I have to wonder how much MS benefits from this. Like it's so easy to assume they just want money out of it. I do feel Banjo will sell really well, but I always figured the Smash DLC was going to sell well regardless, you know? Maybe I'm just too sappy, but the thought that over in MS it boiled down to "This would make folks happy so why the hell not?" warms my heart. I know it's not likely what happened, but it feels like someone somewhere over there may have felt that way.

perfect

Attached: bunjo.png (995x712, 657K)

Attached: Disregard.png (1440x990, 255K)

>the concept that the characters knew they were in a remake and they would do things differently sounded like the perfect way to remake a game while still paying tribute to the original
Dammit, that sounds great

As in 2016 doom

> MUH STEVE
Fuck off obsessed loser

Don't deny it, you are mad inside, you had over 60 games, several animes, crossovers with Ratchet and Clank, Ape Escape, Halo, Portal, Xavier Woods etc.. but this shitty dead bear took your glory. Be pissed Bomberbro, I know you are

I like Nuts and Bolts Banjo and Smash Kazooie.
Nuts and Bolts Kazooie and Smash Banjo are ugly as sin.

Shantae marry me!!

Out of all the characters that don't have guidance, Banjo Kazooie would be the easiest to slap together. Take existing voice clips from the VA's, turn them into guh-huh wah wurr breeees, put the subtitles there, and call it a day. Have Grunty, Banjo, Kazooie, and maybe even Mumbo join in too. Shit would be great and far easier to pull off than having to call in the VA's.

Honestly I love bomberman but I really don't think he has full moveset potential and think he's perfect as an assist in terms of what the character would bring moveset-wise (dropping bombs)

On the topic of music, you think they could go beyond the call of duty wth the Rare celebration?

youtube.com/watch?v=bxMh1hvk1KE
youtube.com/watch?v=tP0cAU0M3-Q

Attached: 3752983627.jpg (181x168, 8K)

Based Shantae

Bitchiness is a foil to being born?

Naïveté

Lots of soul.

Kazooie I think has been done better. we don't have much to go on yet, but I really hope they have a taunt where she pops out, pecks his head, laughs and goes back in the back pack.

Banjo does look a bit weird to me, I expected that though since they were going to most likely use the N64 design and jumping from 64 to HD on the switch was gonna require getting a some creative liberties. He seems a lot more jacked than I expected though. Them wide shoulders and all.

His hair tuft looks like a tumor growing off his skull in game, where in the render its like, fuzzy hair thats combed forward. Although Im sure that'll get altered a bit between now and fall.

His Eyes also are perfect 'Rare' eyes but also kind of off. In the old Rare renders they always just looked glued on, and they do here too. They also don't always seem to be looking where they should.

His mouth is also a bit odd in HD. He has no lips it seems. Looks kind of like a wallace and gromit character.

Legs look a bit Skinny and noodley on banjo as well.

With like 3 months to go probably atleast until we see them finished, I think they'll look a bit better by release. They look great now though i think, just banjo has some oddness too him.

How do I achieve this build

Attached: D8054-LXoAIUeZt.png (475x477, 335K)

3 loads up the ass every day

>why would a male bird lay eggs?
Just ask Daffy Duck.

Attached: fb4177088009b71ab5d77ef46758dabc.jpg (1440x1116, 111K)

>Kazooie I think has been done better. we don't have much to go on yet, but I really hope they have a taunt where she pops out, pecks his head, laughs and goes back in the back pack.

I DEMAND that one of the taunts is Kazooie going "Naaa-nana-naaana..." with the kazoo.

Banjo could use a little more expression

Attached: 00001631_07[1].jpg (1920x1080, 552K)

Nah.
Bomberman would have gotten as much shit as Banjo did. "NOSTALGIA LITERAL WHO!? ALL HE DOES IS BOMB."
But the fact he was one of the first assist trophies eased the pain. Sure, he had crossovers with those, but also Megaman, Goemon, Adventure Island, Bonk, and even Wario.

>the same vapid fluoride stare as his fans

Microsoft and rare have actually been pretty good about playing ball with nintendo. Especially in regards to doing virtual console stuff. I think it was rare thenselves who fixed up the dk64 vc port.

It's still a WIP

Sakurai didn't touch any of the DLC characters, that is why they are filled with sould.
He would have botched them like he did with Wario.

Then I should have had that build ages ago

Something looks a little off about Banjo, but it looks pretty good. I think their fur textures just aren't that great because DK is the same way. Overall I can't believe he actually made it.

That's pretty on-model, everything in the Rare games has huge glossy eyeballs that rarely emote.

based
he looks like he jumped right from the N64 into HD and i could not ask for anything better, he’s perfect

idk how they're supposed to show any "expression" when they ain't got no fucking eyebrows.

Attached: DukBm1dXgAcrYJQ.jpg (2116x1838, 199K)

They are too glossy.

In-game Banjo looks amazing. His render looks a little 9ff but that's because we have never seen classic Banjo in HD with realistic fur texture.

I think a bomberman stage would've been the best outcome, like the pyramid multiplayer level from bomberman 64, complete with it sinking at the last minute of gameplay.

I really liked this game, but I wish it wasn't a Banjo title though, it would have been loved way more if it was an original IP by Rare

Eyelids? Just like the original?

Attached: 33434.png (254x360, 37K)

>possibly have a item collection gimmick
this would be so cool, the best way to represent banjo

>I’m not a Stevefag, but
Suuuuuuure, buddy.

Attached: Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 2.16.16 PM.png (374x441, 161K)

Sonic should be classic version with short spikes and not SA Sonic.

>When you nut but she keeps jiggin'

Looks like he's about to jihad the Tower of Tragedy.

i can think all of the choices floated by leakers are fucking terrible

>Have to wait for Dairy Queen Man to release before them

Attached: complaints.jpg (569x629, 194K)

Their stock icon ALMOST looks like that, but it's a little off, sadly

Here's your (you)

The eyes weirded me out a little when I first saw them but I think they're adorable now, and I love all his dorky poses. They match his character pefectly.

Attached: 1560271808480.png (1920x1080, 2.89M)

Banjo objectively deserved the slot. Everyone about his games fit into the smash Bros world. Steve would hamfisted into smash just to appease the zoomer. This only goes to show that sakurai is actually listening to the fans that matter and have stuck with the franchise instead of being a bandwagonning nigger.

Attached: 20190612_170709.png (1639x846, 97K)

Is the official video in 280p? Why is every screenshot so low-res?

It'll benefit them a lot if they take this momentum and announce a new Banjo game next E3 (or even E3 2021). Capcom saw how much people lost their shit over Megaman in Smash 4 and then a few years later we got Megaman 11.

I like the eyes, it really highlights that these models are almost verbatim copies of the original renders

It still has that 90's CG feel

Attached: BK-Online.jpg (2064x2098, 1.58M)

>the absolute state of doomguyfags

I mean if the amazon shit holds true that might actually happen

Genuinely perfect, I was worried he would end up getting that shitty Nuts & Bolts design but they listened and went for a perfect HD recreation of his old render.
I love everything they've done with Banjo in this, makes me wish Nintendo could make a new Banjo game now.

Attached: image.png (345x642, 343K)

>“mammal and bird combo.”

How oddly fucking specific.

been asking for a day now. Could a lad link me to the official E3 direct thread that had the sticky? It was deleted right after the direct ended. I'm sure it's in an archive somewhere and I'd like to read the reactions.

Please and thank you.

>Banjo reveal has nearly 2 million views on just one video
Genuinely impressed and happy that he's getting so much love again.

Overall great, Banjo is slightly too smiley, which mixed with how him and Kazooie's eyes look like the 90's renders make him jarring lined up to the rest of the roster.
I think that's why people are saying he looks off. Despite him looking exactly like the old promo renders, he never smiles in those pics. Meanwhile he's smiling nonstop in Smash.

>duck & hunt
>banjo & kazoo
>peach & toad
>marth & lucina
literally done to death

Well he does have a good reason to smile.

Kazooie literally looks render perfect, Banjo seems... a tiny bit off.

I think I identified the problem. At first, I thought it was the eyes. However, the real culprit is his muzzle. It's such a small nuance, that I can't completely blame Nintendo for missing it. But Banjo's mouth does NOT pull back into the "cheek" of his muzzle. Rather, it curls in the "front".

It's hard to explain what I mean in words. But look at any classic Banjo render. Compare how little his mouth is pulled back when he smiles, compared to how far new banjo's mouth pulls back.

Attached: Banjo Edit.jpg (1024x1024, 345K)

Seems fine, I'm not much of a smelly smashie to begin with though. I feel bad for DQ fans, he looks lazy as fuck. Literally just Link with a fireball.

reminds me to brawl DDD.
actually, im glad samurai didnt tried to give him bear roars or some shit.

I want Banjo's bear bare feet on my face!

i want kazooie to fart on my mouth.

Another one.

Attached: Banjo Edit 2.jpg (774x475, 271K)

Kazooie is good, Banjo's face is a little too cute, I would have given him or more plain/dumb face, maybe make his pupils slightly smaller?

Attached: 1554530979697.png (448x336, 261K)

I think he's perfect

For the very first time since Nuts and Bolts, I finally see the true Banjo Kazooie and I love it

Idk how tf Sakurai makes these perfect incarnations of these characters

>Banjo-Kazooie is irrelevant
>Only in the game because people wanted him
Gee I wonder who was right.

tweet these to nintendo, you've cracked it user

sakurai doesnt make character models.
hell he didnt even choose the DLCs for this game.

zoomer

Could a lad link me to the official E3 direct thread that had the sticky? It was deleted right after the direct ended. I'm sure it's in an archive somewhere and I'd like to read the reactions.

Please and thank you.

the gameplay segments in these is always super compressed for some reason. If you look back at any of them it's the same thing.
This is a "1080p" upload directly from Nintendo.

Attached: chrome_2019-06-12_22-31-35.jpg (1920x1080, 394K)

I don't like the eyes, they look like soulless Dreamworks eyes.
CGI was a mistake

Attached: 1229647314422.png (199x183, 52K)

You got it. Post this somewhere beside Yea Forums so people will actually see it.

blessed timeline

fag

unironically still in progress. their fighter page is still locked on the smash website. they look weird and stiff because they are unfinished to the point sakurai cant even put a page up for them yet.

i HOPE sakurai adds more expressions and fixes those hair tufts

>In my time of dying, want nobody to mourn
>All I want for you is to take my body home
>well well well, so I can die easy

Attached: 303a93a698d868cd9f0ca37316c26a3b.jpg (800x600, 51K)

Obviously you cannot read, retard.

Fuck now I've seen this they actually do look off

Nah. I'm known, and I don't want to be be seen sending Nintendo edits of their work. It's a bad look.

Banjo was created with CGI in the first place

well you have to post it someone, the in-game edit definitely looks better

Banjo has that same aura of malice that Mario's walk animation has. He looks like he's about to strangle someone to death

Rares essentially acted as a back door to good relations ever since microsoft scooped them up. Im sure phil spencer being promoted 2 years ago helped things massively, the guys been on a mission to mend xbox's image with the community and this certainly helps

Could a lad link me to the official E3 direct thread that had the sticky? It was deleted right after the direct ended. I'm sure it's in an archive somewhere and I'd like to read the reactions.

Please and thank you.

This. Kazooie doesn't even have fathers on her yet. I say wait for them to polish it up.

feathers*

Yep. There's definitely a manner of shaping Banjo's mouth that's deliberate. Not chalked up to early 3D rendering, but rather a smart design choice.

You post it.

>doesn't even have fathers on her yet
oh baby

kino redemption arc

Forgot pic.

Attached: Banjo Edit 3.jpg (1611x911, 881K)

The only issues are Banjo's eyes and lack of emotion from him but I'm almost certain we can chalk that up to him not being finished yet (still got a good chunk of time til the release) so....amazing really. Very faithful.

It may not be financially beneficial but it's a lot of good PR which is pretty valuable too.

(you)

>that weird Homestar Runner OC

I'm not used to seeing his eyes that wide

Attached: Banjoplz.jpg (1200x630, 136K)

Well MS is not only being paid, but they're having another company heavily promote a character they own and has been dead for 15 years. Now if they were to make another game, they now have 3x the interest than they previously did. They benefit a lot from this.

Better than he's looked in any official rendering, that's for sure.

A little too blocky for my tastes, but the "sound effects" are spot on

Please and thank you.

I kinda feel they did it on purpose to make his smiling mouth stand out more

Attached: Screenshot_20190612-235737_YouTube.jpg (981x1080, 608K)

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/465848240/
Here you go

Why does Kazooie look so lusty?

>people think an irrelevant cartoon bird’s gender is a right wing political issue

If that was their reasoning, then they were mistaken. Because they made him look crazy.

Attached: Banjo Edit 4.jpg (981x1080, 671K)

Thanks again.

One of the best things about him is that they kept his voice clips instead of giving him generic animal noises like I was worried they might.

>perhaps the most desired Smash Bros newcomer for the past 20 years is announced to be coming to the game
>people are already nit picking it
You people are faggots.

Welcome to Yea Forums where everyone hates video games.
On a less cynical note at least there are anons helping point out that he's still so early in development he doesn't have a page on the main site yet.

No one cared that much about Banjo being in the game, until Smash 4.

We’re not attacking it, all these criticisms are coming from a place of love from people who care. You’d be crazy to think anyone here is unhappy or unappreciative of BK finally getting some recognition.

It's not about hating video games or being cynical. God, anyone can tell at a glance that something is wrong with Banjo's face. It's not hard to tell that much.

i hate people who think sakurai makes everything in the fucking game, it's so fucking obvious he didn't make that render.

I was actually alive in 2001 and wanted Banjo in Melee so speak for yourself.

i can, and only a zoomer would try to be philosophical over this. Keep trying to understand whats going on with banjo in smash kiddo, i'll make fun of you another time.

Rare's full of good furfags.

Msf main here. Can’t wait to dab on coping stevefags.

>filename

Attached: 1512319700398.jpg (830x830, 117K)

smash models are meant to be viewed from a distance

Attached: super-smash-bros-ultimate-donkey-kong-5-1024x577[1].jpg (1024x577, 78K)

Can you make Banjo's iris smaller

As director though he’s in charge of approving the designs, giving feedback, coming up with a move set. It’s not just the render, it’s his ‘personality’, move set, the sounds they use, etc.
Hell, Sakurai’s even in charge of giving feedback to the composers. Apparently it took 16 takes until they settled on a version of Spiral Mountain they were happy with.

Generally BK’s portrayal in Smash is fantastic and very loyal. Implementing things like the talon trot as a run, thinking of the backwards egg shot as a way of making a grenade egg, the egg shot going from BK’s to BT’s FPS one, even implementing an obscurish bonus move as F-Smash all show a real love for the games.

It’s no wonder we’re all nitpicking the one tiny flaw that isn’t perfect.

Yeah sorry these look fucking weird

>mammal and bird combo
Ah yes, the most tired of video game tropes

Seeing as he's not ready until Autumn, and how strangely doll faced he seems throughout all the gameplay in the trailer, I think it's a safe bet that there's a lot of work left for the details, such as as his facial expressions.

Because an injustice has been undone

ok... No one except you, and probably a few other kids in middle school.

But the online conversation never discussed Banjo Kazooie for long. No one really thought it was possible before Sonic and Snake broke in. Even then, the player base wanted all of their favorite characters. Banjo was low on the list.

Banjo only started getting tossed around, when zoomers grew up to the age where they would start flooding Yea Forums and other larger gaming spaces. Because to them, Banjo is their formative platforming experience.

reminder that absolutely none of you will notice any of the imperfections in banjo's model during actual gameplay

also
>implying Yea Forums will actually play a videogame

Nice backpedal, retard.

His smile would read just as well from a distance. That makes little sense. You're talking about maybe an inch or two of difference. Which would translate into perhaps a pixel when seen from a distance.

She lays eggs so your point is invalid.

Imagine making up something and passing it off as an objective fact.

>why isn't he exactly as he was before??
It's a mixture of his previous designs, the mouth in particular tapering similar to N&B. I don't see anyone complaining about K. Rool using the paon design.

Attached: 485-4856481_king-k-rool-snes-hd-png-download.png.jpg (840x1060, 390K)

Because Rare was a huge part of Nintendo's history. They deserve representation in Smash other than just Donkey Kong characters

I'm not that good at editing. But here's an attempt.

Attached: Banjo Edit 3b.jpg (1611x911, 897K)

All that matters is that he had the right color green, scales, red eye, tail, and gold stomach plate. I'll take the paon proportions and thin crown if they got the rest right.

So does Yoshi.

The blocky design fit the aesthetic of Nuts and Bolts.
But yeah, their new design is much better in every way.

I think the best reason we have that say Minecraft will not get in the game is that we haven't gotten a single thing in the Smash franchise that is from an indie game. And we never will, because Nintendo isn't trying to pander to fans of other games, they are showing love to the fans of THEIR games.

Attached: U23fd41.jpg (1200x800, 605K)

Vehicle creation is fun as hell. The game is worth is just to make walking mechs and vehicles from other media.

based

Not bad user, can you make it about 1/3 his eyeball size

Banjojonab

I still can't get over how much worse DK looks than he did in 4

That's just how it was.
When you're young, things feel like they've "always" happened. Because you think back a few years, and it's like forever ago. But when you get older, time starts moving faster, and you realize how short years really are.

I remember when Mario 64 went uncontested as the best 3D platformer of its time. And then years later, suddenly Banjo fans crop up, and start spouting nonsense about the game having always been better than Mario 64. It's around the same time that Banjo started getting championed, that the "Banjo for smash" group became larger and larger.

Think about it like this: If Banjo was so highly anticipated since melee, then why did Geno and Ridley become the two legendary meme characters?

Based

The turtle is a Banjo character.

Did any of the leaks that had both banjo and erdick/DQ say what the other characters were?

>duck hunt dog and duck showing their asses to them

Shovel Knight?

Man Toad sure is a weird bird.

He's perfect.

any chamce of conker in smash?

"steveniggers better watch out!"

Attached: guh huh.png (974x648, 1.2M)

They made Banjo BIG and STRONK

Attached: 1560304941163.png (475x477, 545K)

I am enjoying watching you faggots suffer, give me more

Attached: pearlsip.jpg (1240x1240, 164K)

really? you want ANOTHER bipedal animal pick on the roster?
what's next, crash bandicoot? I can't believe you people.

Holy shit I never noticed. That's hilarious. I hope we get at least one more Duck Hunt BanKaz interaction

Original Banjo for comparison

Attached: 1560305145154.png (266x367, 119K)

How about this?

Attached: Banjo Edit 3c.jpg (1611x911, 897K)

you dont even know what backpedalling is, zoom zoom. Stay mad.

Something about the combination of Banjo's mouth and eyes bug me. Its real child like. Other than that he looks great. I'm shocked I didn't see a single pack whack in his gameplay though.

ok then atleast a port of conkers bad furday,the xbox version,uncensored ofcourse

*cough* *wheeze* Kazooie... Get the car....

Attached: 1560305392996.png (630x612, 828K)

The model honestly looks weird/unfinished. I hope they'll polish it for the final release.

the golden belly was the most important detail

Nice, now make them even smaller

Banjo seems to have a solid moveset, Hero is literally Link with spells though.

People complaining about how weird he looks don't seem to remember how weird Banjo looked originally.

So Edelgard and Sylux are basically confirmed as the last two fighters at this point? Should I just pack it up for my hype?

Attached: 1548461403696.jpg (640x640, 61K)

Make them smaller but really long like Sonic.

Half right.

Attached: 1559715709412.png (1100x1300, 2.7M)

speaking of music,
youtube.com/watch?v=a35Ge_dww2Q

It's gonna be one last third-party and a Fire Emblem rep.
My guess is someone from Capcom. Leon, Dante, or Phoenix.

One for the records.

Attached: chad banjo.png (475x477, 496K)

The eyes are weird until it sinks in that GOOGLY EYES was basically the theme of the series and Banjo actually always had huge ones, it just wasn't that noticeable to GRAFIX back in the day, so no shit he has BIG GOOGLY EYES.

Attached: Breegull_Bash.png (456x335, 119K)

Aside from the sometimes deadpan look in-game, it's 100% solid and everything N&B should've done. So glad it happened.

Attached: Banjo Edit 3d.jpg (1611x911, 897K)

Thanks user

he no longer looks like he's smeared in diarrhea doodie

Attached: dickkong.jpg (800x907, 503K)

I think another SF rep like akuma is more likelly if they add another capcom character.
my bet is a namco rep and FE.
either klonoa or nightmare, or the steve of namco, heiachi.

Almost there. Now make his body much smaller and rounder and his limbs much thinner.

Attached: Banjo Edit 3e.jpg (1611x911, 897K)

I'm not a rulefag but it seems like Sakurai avoids doing more than one third-party character from the same franchise. Ken being the exception as he's an echo.
I just think it's Capcom because they also had a DLC character in 4.

Perfect like all pre 2000 characters full of soul

Attached: 1507898906973.jpg (900x563, 104K)

Eyes not big enough

Can you make Banjo's iris bigger

This is so fucking horrible and you should feel ashamed

the left iris should be more down to the left like the other eyeball.

Attached: Banjo Edit 3f.jpg (1611x911, 888K)

finally someone got it right.
Why is Sakurai such a hack bros?

Give him sunglasses and an attitude

because they're back home, where they belong

Attached: banjo & kazooie.jpg (2048x1152, 404K)

What an abomination, great job

Attached: 1536303484442.gif (224x234, 1.57M)

Alright, smartguy. Give me Doomguy's moveset. Right now. Let's hear it.

Attached: HAAHAWA.jpg (261x390, 20K)

wow

Attached: 1496612807483.png (645x597, 286K)

Attached: Banjo Edit 3g.jpg (1611x911, 898K)

Now give him a big fat penis.

Phil Spencer has wanted Banjo in Smash for years.

Attached: 1531656641906.png (663x759, 396K)

i mean judging from his renders attacks of him holding kazooie by the neck, pic related and the animation it's based on. i think Banjo is very used to choking bitches

Attached: i cant believe stevenson is fucking dead.png (862x508, 119K)

LOOKIN GOOD, BANJO!

Attached: 1487295436245.png (1280x1341, 944K)

Home entertainment center master race reporting in

Ugh, why can't Kazooie just be a robot ? It makes no sense to have her be well... a her? Just make Kazooie a robot there's objectively nothing to be lost here and everything to gain.

Damn, SM64 looks like THAT?
youtube.com/watch?v=1uDQ8mTYUHQ

Attached: Banjo Edit 3h.jpg (1611x911, 888K)

Stop trolling sameposter

delete this fucking image

Attached: 1410239452328.jpg (178x376, 14K)

At first I thought you were trolling but holy shit calm your autism.

almost there. Now they both need huge cocks

now make kazooie black and red like shadow

He needs a backwards baseball cap.

>he doesn't know that Banjo's forward smash is from the secret idle animation
pure soul AND kino

Attached: Banjo Edit 3i.jpg (1611x911, 897K)

this

I don't get it. Why is K Rool sleeping at Donkey's place? Aren't they mortal enemies?

based

They had a big fight during the K. Rool reveal trailer and got tired and decided to have a nap

Erect nipples please