The Outer Worlds VS Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

The fight of the jank RPGs. Which one are you most looking forward to? Which one will be better? Which one will sell better?

Attached: Jank Fight.jpg (576x578, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sTExU8XsvOw)
youtu.be/_oYJAnhvgNk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm more interested in The Outer Worlds cause of Cain + Boyarsky, but I'll check out Bloodlines 2 as well.
I'll tell you what, though, I am far more interested in either of these two than Cybercuck 2077 with its open world trash.

I like what I've seen of OW better

>calling out one game as open world trash but not the other 2
OW looks like it has some interesting mechanics at least
VTMB2 just looks like an abortion

Only Cybercuck is open world trash, my dude. The two games in OP are hub world goodness.

Only Outer Worlds looks like a good game, VTMB2 is just, pure trash, and I'm comparing to VTMB.

Outer Worlds is an actual new setting instead of more licensed shit which is a huge plus

open world is just a big hub
if they called it a sandbox it would have been a dig=fferent conversation

Bloodlines 2 looks very rough but the fact it was being played on a controller that took 5 hours to turn a character around did it no favors.
I'm not thinking it's gonna be as good as the original, but it's not open world shit, so I imagine I will be able to enjoy it at least for a while.

>open world is just a big hub
A hub that is way too fucking big.
>if they called it a sandbox it would have been a dig=fferent conversation
I disagree. Sandbox just means you can fuck around in the environment a ton. The new Hitman games are sandbox, for example, but they're most certainly not open world or even hub world games, they're just levels.

I'm looking forward to Bloodlines 2 but I'm worried after seeing the gameplay demo. Hopefully it's not just PR-talk when they say it's in alpha because there's a lot more work to do

why would you complain that your game is too big
i mean if it is done at the expense of something then sure but in this case i dont think it is
open world builds immersion if nothing else

>pre alpha is to lenieant
holy fuck kek
i mean i agree but i dont think they can save it at this point

They're both likely to be mediocre shit filled with terrible nu-writing but Outer Worlds has experienced devs while Bloodlines 2 has p2w shovelware ones.

>why would you complain that your game is too big
Because it makes exploring it tedious as fuck. It's always either empty or so non noteworthy that it might as well have had 80% of it be copy-pasted and/or randomly generated.

if you go outside you would notice that things of interest are usually spaced out
besides nobody forces you to walk every street in an open world game, you usually get a map or directions

>It's the realism argument again
Yeah, I know, reality has problems, which is why I don't want those problems in my video games.
This would be like them adding a mechanic that forces you to shit and piss on toilets, as well as eat, sleep, take a bath. It adds to the immersion, am I right? After all, you don't go around running for days without needing to sleep in a bed for at least a few hours.
It's a shit argument defending shit design.

I'm equally excited for both and can't pick one

Attached: tenor.gif (220x179, 26K)

immersion is important
also open world is a flex for the general public that lets tou sell your big expensive game easier
besides while you are quick to point out shitting mechanics and the like somehowe you wont mention how realism improves gunplay and such
people like realism because it has a greater impact on them than say a gigant weightless animu sword
its just a psychology thing deal with it

I honestly want to give a chance to VTMB but I can't take anything associated with Paradox seriously. Maybe it'll be worth a pirate after they are done releasing 1000 DLC fragments.

I like the aesthetic and lore of VTMB. But the game looks even worse than the original, in terms of gameplay and animation.

>immersion is important
Not when it hampers the rest of the game like open world trash does.
>also open world is a flex for the general public that lets tou sell your big expensive game easier
Yeah, shame it's transparent on me and I can see straight through it. It's shit design that severely harms your game and thus I'm no longer interested in it. I realize that it's cool to put on the back of the box "500000 thousand miles of content!", but I have played enough video games that I know the enormous downsides that come with that garbage.

AI and animations seem like the biggest issues. They must have heard people complaining about them so hopefully they will focus fixing those in the coming 9 months.

The writing seemed kinda bad too.

thx for responding to 30% of my argument
also, again here is no indication that their open world is done at the expence of something else
if the advertizement push doesnt work on you just ignore it instead of getting butthurt

I hope we get a video of someone better playing the demo, it's kinda hard for me to focus on the game and not the shittty gameplay

I like Fallout 3 and New Vegas for the janky shooting, graphics, and gameplay, I should have no problems with Outer Worlds

>thx for responding to 30% of my argument
I responded to the relevant part. Nothing you said makes up for the fact that open world shit sucks. It's not just pretty words they say to get normies to buy the game, it's something that permeates the design of the game they release.

I didn't get that impression. I liked that you could fuck up the quest just by calling Slugg by his name

Boyarsky is my man

I'm very interested in a follow-up to Bloodlines after all these years, but I acknowledge that I'll probably have to temper expectations rather than hype up the idea of getting the perfect spiritual successor that I've built up in my head.

Attached: dc6bx32-8774135f-0cda-456f-8ea8-81ec9fd995ff.jpg (600x844, 198K)

If Outer Worlds is even a quarter as good as New Vegas, I'll be satisfied.

If the game were actually in alpha it would be barely playable, most of the mechanics would be missing and they wouldn't dare show the game off.

We now live in an era where everything in is Ultra-Primitive-Alpha until the exact moment it releases.

Sometimes even for years after it releases and has monetary transactions!

>Which one are you most looking forward to?
Bloodlines 2, because it's fucking Bloodlines.
But I'm also excited for Outer Worlds.

>Which one will be better?
Objectivly and criticaly it might be Outer Worlds, but hard to tell right now.
>Which one will sell better?
If they can sell the sexy Vampire aspect and get the chicks as well, Bloodlines 2. Also it's not Epic exclusive.

You mean exactly like the demo we saw? It was clear they showed a thin slice of the game that was actually somewhat presentable.

The game appears to be in beta. If it were in alpha most of the combat mechanics wouldn't even be implemented and the majority of the levels wouldn't be even half-ready. Modern games don't go from alpha to release build in a year.

I promise you that games are not in an Alpha state 9 months before they release. Alphas don't even have colored polygons.

who cares? both will be full of leftie shit

So will every game ever, retard. Why are you here?

I would almost bet on a push back of the release date. And yes they are still working on the combat and most of the levels I'm sure are not ready at this point.

>Alphas don't even have colored polygons.
>Yea Forums literaly believes this
(vampyr pre-alpha youtube.com/watch?v=sTExU8XsvOw)

I'm most excited for OW, although I have some serious reservations. Will be pirating and not buying it until it comes out on steam, if I like it very much.

Attached: hank hell.png (500x533, 214K)

That's not pre-alpha either, retard. That's the problem. The term has been made completely meaningless.

More interested in Bloodlines, I think I like the setting more overall

The second one is SJW shit, so who cares.

2 years before release, yeah it was pre-alpha

>pre-alpha version (plural pre-alpha versions) A program or application that is not feature-complete and is not usually released to the public. Developers are usually still deciding on what features the program should have at this stage of software development.

If that were a pre-alpha the game would be so early in development that the devs wouldn't even be able to do internal playtests. With a pre-alpha you don't even really have a game yet, just like how when you order your computer parts you don't have anything resembling a computer yet.

I think Bloodlines has more potential in terms of story/characters/atmosphere, but will probably be more likely to play like Eurojank.

>I think Bloodlines has more potential in terms of story/characters/atmosphere
But Boyarsky is in OW!

Obsidian have made good games in the past and haven't exactly replaced 100% of their studio and started releasing garbage unlike Bioware has, so TOW.

the people behind VTMB2 haven't released a single good game ever, and everything they have shown so far looks like fucking jank garbage.

/pol/tards not welcome

Oh, that's right, I forgot OW was in the ESG store. Eh, whatever, I'll still buy it.

Bloodlines 2 is going to be fucking terrible.

must you... ask?

Attached: 1552939900829.png (1318x791, 260K)

Isn't that from the tabletop version?

The three rpgs that i'm waiting for, in order of hype, are Cyberpunk, Bloodlines 2, The Outer worlds.

the v5 pnp was developed in parallel with bloodlines 2. they've made a point of this

Attached: corevalues.png (867x1168, 146K)

VTMB2 no question in every regard. all they have left to do is polish the combat and I dont even give a shit about that

>OW is epic exclusive

nope not even going to look at it. cant be assed to go to another site to buy a game when I have everything on steam

Different writers. No one gives a shit.

ah yes the writers (:

Attached: 1555311649447.jpg (2170x3002, 889K)

>Being this cucked by Steam
Pathetic

Same. I loved the first game to death and the long combat sections were ass. I'm not going to immediately give up on the sequel just because the melee looks awkward.

The one is EGS exclusive
The other is on GoG
Also, despite Boyarsky I still don't trust Sawyer's obsidian

>being a chink shill
disgusting

>Actually supporting chinkshit
I wonder who could be behind this?

Attached: RandyPitchfordBathroom.jpg (554x557, 47K)

LENT FLEE

People overlook alot of the good aspects we saw in it. I thought it was really cool getting to see nebulation used to travel through vents. the three thin blood skills will add really cool mechanics to exploration.

I refuse to have store wars. I'll buy a game I'm interested in regardless of which store it's in. I don't mind launching an additional launcher.

Fuck, you people sound like you have Steam on all the time and don't play video games anywhere else. I haven't opened up Steam in over a wee.

but vtmb 2 isn't based on v5?

except that it is

Doing a V5 game right now, pretty fun tbqhwyf. Best thing about tabletop is that you can play whoever you want, and do whatever you want. That includes the ability to tell Rudi to fuck off if your ST ever brings him into the game, which probably won't happen anyways. but hopefully your real world politics and OOC knowledge of lore wouldn't affect how you roleplay your character you absolute fucking sperg, unless you're the type that likes to """roleplay""" yourself

OW has 0 hype and will bomb like Dudfire
Obsidian will be quietly killed off

Attached: 1560115923268.jpg (900x900, 1.13M)

I'll be waiting to see because who the fuck would install Chinese spyware voluntarily?

I'll gladly use GoG, Uplay, or (sometimes) Origin. But you're a complete cuck if you'll gladly gobble down on anti-consumer practices like this.

>Fuck, you people sound like you have Steam on all the time and don't play video games anywhere else.

that is the case retard. I only want one launcher ever and right now that is going to be steam simply because I have everything on there. i shouldnt have to be bothered to go download a different launcher everytime a new game comes out because people want to get in on the steam business.

It's the game I'm looking forward to the most. I barely see a difference between this and back when I had to install Steam to play Half Life 2.

that doesnt mean anything when they already shown deviation. if it was completely based on V5 malks would have domination instead of dementation.

case closed.

Neither. If I want proper jank, I'll just go straight to the source and wait for Elex 2 to come out.

I'm so glad I've never been suckered into having my entire collection in one single place. Instead of having access to the entire PC platform, I'd be having access to what Valve is happy to feed me with. Sounds horrible.

I know this is like the 100th time this image gets posted, but:
>NOT Open-World
>NO lockpicking or hacking minigames
>NO romanceable NPCs
These are all unironically good things

NO sales either, Obsidiot

Valve made they're own game, they didn't use Fortnite money to deny the consumer a choice.

Guaranteed EPIC money, though :^)
Who am I kidding? I don't give a shit how successful the game is, I just care if it's good lol

Yeah, that might be a good philosophical difference to have discussions over, but in practice, there's no meaningful distinction to me. I play the game where it's available as long as I don't have to get different hardware. Fuck store loyalty.

The gameplay footage of Bloodlines 2 was absolutely abhoorent and i can't decide whether it was because of painfully grey and dull aesthetics, horrible and glitchy combat or the fact it was most likely played by the same degenerate who did the Doom footage shittaku some years ago

Attached: 1546375434737.png (218x209, 73K)

It will be launch on Game Pass, which means you'll be able to play on PC without using EGS. Calm down, sperglord.

Here's a picture I just made. We've just crossed into the negative hope territory with both those games.

Attached: hope.png (962x754, 13K)

It's also on the Microsoft Store.

I like RPGs but neither of these is catching my interest. Looks like more of the same boring shit they put out 20 years ago. Maybe a future trailer might do it for me, but I just cannot find it in me to care right now.

It was played by a Paradox employee. Not a journalist.

Both have terrible combat, but OW has those horrible companions that I think are mandatory and won't have mod support.
BL2 will definitely be the better game after a bit just because of the mod support.

I'm pretty sure the NPCs aren't mandatory. In fact, on the harder difficulties, you have to be careful so they don't perma-die.

You should note somewhere on there the point in which a person buys the game anyway despite its perceived quality clearly being on the decline.

Will Bloodlines 2 also have no companions? I like the solitude of being by myself in the first one.

I really doubt companions would work with the 20 minutes of gameplay they showed.

Gabe's dick is so far up your ass I feel I'm hearing his cock talking through your mouth.

That said, they better give us a ghoul to be sexually abused.

I don't believe such point exists on this graph. To a man deluded enough to preorder it the curve looks completely different.

>tfw I recently reformatted my storage drive and didn't even bother reinstalling steam

Attached: d96.jpg (600x600, 29K)

based

OW has a revolver, so i'm obligated to buy it. Bloodlines 2 is probably bad simply going by how awful their demo was, but I suppose that's to be expected. Fuck Paradox.
I agree with you but I also know that you invite a lot of fucking nerds who can NEVER seperate their personal politics from their characters. Fucking no one seems to be able to have a character at odds with themselves or even the party. Though to be completely fair to those uninitiated with PnP overall if you wanted to play a bunch of SS vampires ethnic cleansing the undesirables from The Fatherland or a neon haired turbo queer going wild on the asses of young boys you totally can, assuming your DM/GM/Whatever will roll with it. They're rulebooks first, fluff trash second. And even then, rules get bent all the time.

look at this fucking cope

Attached: 1560217070154.gif (320x240, 1016K)

based and chinkpilled

>chink vs sjw
Pirating both. When do they come out?

outer worlds looks like absolute shit

vampire looks at least decent

Outer Worlds comes out sooner. October, I think. Vampire is 2020.

>Open world trash
Blyat

>this completely pozzed game will not be based on this completely pozzed setting because they changed this one rule from the pnp
how many levels of delusion my dude

Attached: 1545756604652.jpg (801x451, 34K)

ELEX was fucking garbage. Fuck Yea Forums for convincing me to download it.

>pozzed
cringe

how many

you guys seen the gameplay for bloodlines 2?

It looks nice
youtu.be/_oYJAnhvgNk

>chink
You know that Obsidian is owned by Microsoft right?

owned

Whichever Epic gives me the best discount and preorder bonus for

Outer Wilds will be on game pass which is like $5/mo, so you can just beat it and cancel gp.

I wont even bother pirating either.
Obsidian doesn't have any of the actual talent left, and every bit of the Outer Worlds looks like the dumbest smug spork humor possible.
Bloodlines 2 is based on the extremely shitty V5 version of the setting, and the "gameplay" video consisted mostly of standing around while people talked to you.

Outer worlds seems interesting but I'm hesitant with space games these days

2020 is the year of the RPGs.
Vampire 2
Outer Worlds
Cyberpunk 2077
Baldurs Gate 3

Which will win, which will be the biggest piece of shit?

Outer Worlds is coming out this year.
But for the rest of those, I think Vampire 2 is the likely winner.

You really thin vampire will be better than cyberpunk?

Cyberpunk will win pretty handily I think. Worst sales will probably be Baldurs Gate 3, but Yea Forums will probably hate Outer Worlds the most.

I'm certain I will spend more time playing Vampire 2 than Cyberpunk 2077. The Witcher 3 bored me to tears. Nu-CDPR is basically just Bethesda-lite.

it's fuckawful

Baldur's Gate 3 is gonna sell like hotcakes. Larianiggers + Normies will pick it up in masses.

>Normies
Yeeaaah, I wouldn't count on it bud. It is definitely a niche title.

I don't know why but i didn't get into Witcher 3 at all and never made it more than like 6 hours in. I played witcher 2 a lot though. I'm excited for cyberpunk half just because of the environment. I'm a little sick of fantasy

I'm pretty sure a fairly large portion of normies that game have heard about Baldur's Gate before or played it when they were younger. Consider the majority of Bioware fans.