What's the appeal of these characters?

What's the appeal of these characters?
They look really boring and their movesets seem pretty bland as well (just Robin a second time). I really wanna hate them like I hate Corrin because I don't know who they are or what they're doing in this game, but there's nothing to hate about them either. The only reaction they've gotten from me and a lot of other people was "meh..."
So once again let me ask, what's the appeal of these characters?

Attached: 1560280213057.jpg (3392x2050, 1009K)

>what’s the appeal
They’re characters people like from a franchise people like. Not sure what else you’re expecting there.

The appeal is that you're a massive faggot and need to go away forever

Second one looks kind of like Gohan.

>they cute
>super popular in japan
why don't play their games instead of whining here user?

Attached: __hero_kirby_and_slime_super_smash_bros_and_etc_drawn_by_ebira__65cc3d2761a3bb1e2246e1fd5f76f1ab.png (500x510, 141K)

>Toriyama design
>Fun gimmick
>Come from a great series
you might have shit taste desu

It's kind of hard to explain if you haven't played the series or aren't a weeb. Personally even though I'm not a big fan of DB, I find it hard not to love Toriyama's style (pic related). Although I think DQ3, 4, and 8's protagonists stand out much more than the Luminary

And here's a question for the bigger DQ fans than I since I haven't played all of the series, but is Luminary's alt color referencing Kiefer from DQ7? Or someone else?

Attached: downloadfile-1.jpg (949x750, 133K)

Take care of the plants or become the fertilizer that feeds them.

Attached: 17Gun.jpg (960x540, 53K)

>I really want to hate them
Why would you want to hate something?

Dragon Quest is a massive success in Japan and DQ8 brought some of that success to the States, ever since then Square has been remaking the old DQs for DS and bringing us Builders and shit.
Given that DQ was popular on Nintendo back in the day it only stands to reason Nintendo would appreciate the series, it made them money

Dunno, but the whole magic select thing seems pretty cool and unique, so I don't really know where you're coming from.

Feed?
Like sneed ?

I personally chuck them

>just robin a second time

What does that even mean? How are they similar?

>Toriyama's classic art style
>they're the quintessential Hero of fantasy, a noble young man wielding a SnS
>DQ games have this storybook-like charm, no "the church is evil!" its just good ol' 'slay the dragon/demon king'
>not waifish elven fuccbois like Link

Because something being bad is at least appealing, and something being mediocre but neither good nor bad makes it really boring and forgettable.

Attached: Pat_Mailbag_2.jpg (149x185, 6K)

>They look really boring
They really don't. Visually, the only one that looks anything like characters already in the game is Erdrick, thanks to his whole cape/headband thing being sorta similar to the Fire Emblem boys.
>and their movesets seem pretty bland as well (just Robin a second time).
Not even close, the fuck? Robin's entire gimmick revolved around literally every move he has using up the durability of either a spellbook or the Levin Sword, where The Hero's gimmick is that he straight up has a fucking RPG selection menu with each move using up MP. They're nowhere near the same, and the only reason people dislike them is because they either hate DQ or are so on-board the "ANYONE WITH A SWORD IS AUTOMATICALLY BAD" retard train that they ignored the cool as fuck spell gimmick.

Attached: gmod_videos.gif (300x200, 2.44M)

It's Robin, but with a shield and a sword that doesn't break on you.

That's kind of the appeal of being a spellsword though.

>What's the appeal of these characters?
One of them fucks a horse.

Wind up B, fire side B that lingers, lightning charge move + sword.

I'm glad my boy Eight's in there at least. He was my third most-wanted anime swordsman behind Terra and Crono

I think it's Angelo from DQ8

Dragon Quest is one of the most consistently good series out there, and also one that many other popular series descended from. These are the heroes from some of the most popular games in the DQ series. Not a hard concept to grasp really. Also, the fuck you mean their movesets look bland? Did you see that trailer? They look incredibly fun and unique. It's like every dream moveset the DQbros on this board posted that the haters claimed "they would never do anything like that, they'll make a Robin clone."

OP, why do you like to stick to the role that you were given? aren't you part of Yea Forums? no? then leave.
there already are too many faggots on the terrifying surface of this gay earth. don't spread your faggotry in every nook and cranny.

So its a series made from the purest essence of JRPG, despite being really generic? I guess that has its appeal. I could forgive it if it was something like Jojo's or FotNS, being really old and being the basis of every other JRPG that came out afterwards. And from the responses here, I guess that's what it really is.