Elder Scrolls 6

What is taking so fucking long?
What are they doing?

Attached: 2018-06-12-image-19.jpg (1680x943, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zBWW9LVhyNs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Figuring out how to force everyone into paid mods

Too busy making mad dosh off of ESO

It’s going to be next gen that’s why.

I don't even care anymore, I'm sick of this series

>What is taking so fucking long?
They announced it before they had even considered anything at all.
>What are they doing?

Making a whole other game.

trying to hold their old-ass engine from shitting itself when they start the game with million post-processing filters

honestly, if you had a team of 200 or so skilled developers/artists/designers etc working 8 hours a day for 5 days a week for most of the year, could you not create games much faster than this? What is it exactly that is eating all of this manpower?

Trying to scrape together a 17 year old engine to push out another buggy streamlined mess while doing their damndest to make paid mods a thing.

It's like you've never played a Bethesda game.

>What are they doing?

The same they've been doing for the better part of the decade by now. Milking the success of Skyrim to death and phoning in everything else.

well since skyrim they have also been working on:

>fallout 4
>fallout 76
>starfield
>"two games that are not fallout 5" via todd, one of them known to be the aforementioned starfield, but also an unknown second game
>ESO
>blades mobile game

they are pretty busy bro, granted they have different divisions but I know in one of the documentaries todd said they often get people from all of them to work on mainline games like skyrim. this is actually a good thing for me tho, because fallout 5 aint happening until like fucking 2030 so by that time a whole decade of vidya trends will have gone by and we'll be out of the shitty monetization faggotry etc. of today. h-hopefully there won't be something even worse...

>manpower
That's the problem, there isn't any, thus, buggy unplayable games that take yeaaaars to release all for the sake of inclusiveness and diversity.

How come there are still people like OP that don't fucking know about Starfield?

I don’t have any faith in it, fallout 76 and blades are shoddy games full of micro-transactions. ESO is still shit. Fallout 4 was gay. Maybe some distance between releases is for the best but I’m not holding my breath. If starfield turns out to be shit I’m giving up entirely

Attached: ACCAFD1C-4197-42AB-9ED9-A2866D6D44E3.jpg (960x960, 79K)

Bethesda is basically on the slide towards death ever since they decided that moddability being the selling point of their buggy-ass games wasn't good enough, they needed a fat paycheck from the mods themselves, too.

>starfield
>game is only good if you install the garfield mod that remakes the entire game into the extended garfield universe but also removes bad shit like microtransactions and stale combat with a new system

Attached: girlfield.jpg (230x220, 11K)

200 people working on everything from models, textures, world, mechanics, quests, story, voicing, animations, AI etc. not to mention any changes, testing and bugfixes that come along the way.

Retooling Gamebryo.

I thought 76 was that other game that "wasn't Fallout 5"

>What are they doing?
Starfield

ESO is unrelated to Bethesda dev team at all, in fact there is not a single Bethesda dev working on it.

dude, bethesda usually take like 5 years between their main games and starfield isn't even out yet. Wait until 2025 before you start complaining.

Figuring out how to make it exactly like Skyrim without re-releasing Skyrim again

>usually take like 5 years between their main games
4 years between MW and Oblivion, 2 years between Oblivion and F3, 3 years between F3 and Skyrim, 4 years between Skyrim and F4, 3 years between F4 and F76

They're busying figuring out how to remove even more RPG elements from Skyrim (which was a children's game) and how to add a BR game mode

>mfw the earliest we could get Starfield is 2021
>mfw that means the earliest we could get TES 6 is 2024
>mfw 13 years between TES games

Who ok'd this?

>that baby named Dovahkiin is now 12 years old and probably has a gf

Fallout 76 was only partially made by Maryland studio so i wouldn't be surprised if Starfield will be one of the launch titles for next gen
>mfw 13 years between TES games
Now THIS is a fucking crime. I'd rather get two tes games in a row, with tes 6 looking like skyrim 2 but in a different province than that half-assed fallout 4. Although it seems they started working on it already (making scans for photogrammetry and such), it's very early in development. If you're an optimist you can hope for 2022 release, but it's still very big gap.

THE MOUNTAINS DON'T BUILD THEMSELVES YOU INGRATE. BUY MY FUCKING GAMES ARAAAAARHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

Attached: 1542373823160.png (200x330, 115K)

>making scans for photogrammetry

Where did you pull that from?

youtube.com/watch?v=zBWW9LVhyNs
Start watching from 8:28

user, it's 2021 and 2024, just accept it