Sega: More Atlus PC ports could be coming, too, but the ball is currently in Atlus's court

>More Atlus games could be coming, too, but the ball is currently in Atlus's court. Catherine Classic saw the developer's surreal puzzle game come to PC for the first time in January, and it's performed well. Clark hopes it's just the first step.

>"Everyone's really pleased with it; we're pleased with it, it's performed well and the audience is happy," he says. "I think for us it was always step one. Let's launch Catherine, which then gives the IP owners and business owners at Atlus—who are in their first foray into the PC market—the ability to evaluate the success and how that can fit in for their future road map. I'm pleased to say they now have that information, so they're able to evaluate it. For us it was a positive experience, and hopefully they'll share that and consider it in their own road map."

BUY CATHERINE CLASSIC MOTHERFUCKERS
BUT THAT SHIT RIGHT NOW

Attached: promo324068006.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RenderWare_games
personacentral.com/persona-5-best-selling-release-atlus-history-japan/
eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-19-catherine-worldwide-sales-reach-500k
pcgamer.com/sega-now-considers-yakuza-a-multi-platform-series/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>ball in in Atlus's court
So basically it's never happening

This.
ATLUS loves exclusives.

SMT won't escape Nintendo for another decade and Persona will be stuck on PS. This is how it's going to be.

Nocturne when
Golden without a PSTV when

Attached: amala.webm (1920x1080, 2.67M)

>just said they have no plans for P5R on other platforms.
It's ogre.

They only way you'll see more Atlus games on PC is if they make a new line of games/spin offs and make them exclusive. Atlus hates multiplats.

>buy Catherine Classic
Why? So they can sell me Persona 5 Classic too, instead of the actually updated version that's coming out? And Dragon's Crown Classic? Fuck that shit. Terrible business practice.

> Atlus hates multiplats.
>ATLUS loves exclusives.
That wasn't always the case if you think about it, though that was the 90s.

>Atlus hates multiplats.
then maybe sega should drag atlus into the 21st century

also Catherine Classic was cracked almost immediately so why bother buying it on PC?

>there are still people that haven't played Persona 5
literally just get a ps3 or use an emulator

SEGA Sammy themselves said that Atlus operates independently from SEGA. They can't actually control what they do. If SEGA had power over atlus, then there is no way in hell Full Body would've released on the VITA in 2019.

They said it performed well. Now we just have to wait until Atlus realizes that in 2025.

No miku no buy. snoy can keep their shitty persona, but miku is too good for them.

Attached: 1496649575053.gif (400x300, 1.64M)

This

I unfortunately bought P5 on PS4, so there is literally no chance I will rebuy it on PC unless they decide to do Royal instead of the base game, which they won't do.

the next project Diva will probably be on the Switch and Sony's next system, Project Diva always releases on handhelds before it comes to home consoles since handhelds are where Rhythm games are the most popular.

which ones are u talking about PS4 or PS3 ones?
I believe they have an arcade port of the PS4 one shouldn't be too hard to port it to PC since arcades use linux

Where is my fucking Catherine full body for PC?

I don't care even if it is released on pc-engine mini as long as it is not hold hostage by snoy platform.
Fuck them. Fuck those traitorous bitches and trannies after getting all support from weebtaku communities.

Attached: 1498869232914.jpg (540x508, 57K)

project diva won't be ported due to licensing(especially since some of the artists in that game died), you'll have to wait until the next PD is announced to hope for miku to show up anywhere else.

2 3 and 4 pc ports when ??

Attached: 62s548x.jpg (600x450, 33K)

was the 90s the only time Japan actually had a PC market?

How the fuck you own a company and let this happen

Atlus can very easily hold things hostage for SEGA, like big names threatening to leave and stuff like that. Probably part of the deal to purchase them included the ability to act independently from their parent company.

Atlus threatened to #metoo Sega if they don't leave them alone

50k+ copies for an 8 year old game is too fucking good, Atlus is retarded for not porting P5 to PC

then Atlus has to learn dealing with thier shitty games being pirated. Just release their recent games on PC or just being pirated. Is that so hard to understand?

Attached: what the hell.gif (300x185, 454K)

Why is it always Persona 5 these port beggers on Yea Forums want? Fucking 3DS Atlus games are stuck on there since DS line is dead now. They also can benefit from resolution upgrade by using high res art for 2d portraits and for SMT4 and SMT4A, in game resolution getting bigger will male the game look too. But no, it is always Purseowner 5. Fucking retarded beggars.

>actually wanting the censored version

Gunna play through persona 3. Any suggestions as to which version to play? Don't really care about the FemC thing.

FES obviously
Even if you dont touch the added content "the answer" the base game got more stuff added
There is also the mod thing if you are emulating it

PC.ucks on suicide watch.

cope

Attached: 6392A476-ACBA-48B3-B6D2-4F1EB0CCF686.png (1024x1024, 91K)

This post is extremely low quality.

What was censored

Meh, i already emulated every persona until 4 that i'm now playing, stopped caring long ago.

Dilate and seethe.

Atlus will turn to Epic either way since they won't want a reduced cut with Steam and their deal with Sony is probably getting more money from sales.

The PC version

Attached: 92807456-7C2B-44BE-9CB9-3FA110793D21.jpg (641x731, 73K)

So we should expect ports like SMTV on PS4 right?
Good.

>nips
>working with tencent
Haha, yeah.

FES

fpbp

Attached: 1532905459115.png (428x589, 199K)

you know you can play most of atlus' games on pc right?

>Yea Forums: all games on PS4 are movies
>also Yea Forums: p-please port this PS4 game im begging you
lol

Nintendo is doing it

>buy x
No, fuck you.
Everytime these cunts go all
>well it depends on how well game X is going to sell on PC :^)
they end up ignoring the platform with their next release, only to pull the same shit. Fuck them and fuck their kikery.

Then why are you begging? Go and play them on your third rate platform.

Akechi betrays you

Really? Must not have been major. I played both PC and Xbox versions and I don't recall anything big

only so they don't have to open a Nintendo of China.

please ban all phoneposters

Any pc fat that's not a memeing faggot with a netbook can play Persona games not counting Golden on their PC. I too find the port begging funny though.

Not really. What actually happened was that a lot of companies weren't yet aware of how Japan works. Hence why even every old RTS has a Japanese language version.

Japanese PC market is more of an 80s things before US government intervened on behalf of Microsoft and killed it. It's where the Japanese obsession with D&D dungeon crawler RPGs (JRPGs), SRPGs and VNs started, after all. Dragon Quest was a game that was trying to make RPG playable on a console. Famicom Wars was the same thing for those old turned base war simulators and so on...

Attached: x68compare.jpg (2842x3863, 1.86M)

Atlus hates PC though. Not that I care because all of their games that are actually worth playing can be emulated.

>but the ball is currently in Atlus's court.
so it's literally nothing

Cope

PCSX2

Is Miku even profitable anymore?

If the games are so shitty why are you even pirating them.

FES. Don't play The Answer, it's shit.

>Don't port game to PC
>Get no money from sales on PC
>Some people emulate pirated version of your games anyway
VS
>Port game to PC
>Some people pirate it but many more buy it
>Get money
Does ATLUS hate money? If you don't have an explicit exclusivity deal, why wouldn't you want to port your games?

nocturne would flop if it released on pc, it dosent really have wide appeal

Maybe porting their older games to newer systems costs much more than porting a unity or ue4 engine game to other platforms. Thus they see it as not feasible. If they were to go with using more industry standard engines, porting shit becomes easier and cheaper for them. For now only SMT5 is getting build on using ue4 and since P5 is running on PS4, that should be not much work either. I am just speculating in the end.

You're ignoring the fact you don't just flip a switch to port a game and ATLUS is a small AA studio.

Likewise, you have to pay big bucks to Valve and DENUVO to get your game published on PC.

So if they tried porting it, it would involve stalling their other, more porfitable projects (like new games) and also present a not so sure source of revenue.
When you're a studio like that, every release is a potential bankcruptcy and even the best selling JRPGs on Steam sold relative peanuts. Just look at the recent Octopath Traveller debacle. If not for Chinese, the game wouldn't even get over 1k sales.

SEETHING

>PS4
it's on ps3

The game runs at 30 FPS on both the PS3 and PS4 and even the most powerful CPUs can't emulate it above 40ish in towns and 50ish in dungeons(you at least get a locked 60 in battles) with the FPS unlock patch.

I'll play it when RPCS3 is mature enough to run it properly or CPUs powerful enough to just brute-force it exist.

>DENUVO

SEGA hasn't allowed a release of a Japanese game without it for quite a while. Unless I'm mixing my Jap publishers up.
And the expenses of that are for the development house to cover with sales of their game.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RenderWare_games

catherine didn't have denuvo

Kiwami, Catherine and Kiwami 2 launched without Denuvo. 0 had it removed shortly after launch of Kiwami.

You're ignoring the fact that there are plenty of studios out there who could port your game for peanuts. Especially for PS4 or Xbone games, those are very easy to port.
Assuming you pay them 5 million(extremely generous for a port-job) plus 5% in royalties and steam takes 30% you'd need to sell ~190k copies at $40 to break even, everything past that is pure profit.
Looking at how well VC4 or YS 8 or other JRPGs with ~meh~ or outright bad ports sold you wouldn't even need some technical masterpiece of a port to easily sell half a million copies, netting you a cool 9 million dollars in profit.
That's with extremely pessimistic assumptions(low sales, very high port costs). The only reason to keep your games exclusive these days is if you're getting direct compensation for it.

>Some people pirate it but many more buy it
>Get money

Pfffft.
Ha.
Haha.
Hahahahahahahaha!
PC fags? Buying anything? Don't make me fucking laugh! They're the niggers of gaming; they only steal and vandalize in the form of degenerate mods.

PC stands for Pirate Cave. Atlus is well aware of that and want nothing to do with that disgusting platform.

So take the ball out of Atlus' court, slap them in their stupid gook mouths and make them port more games

They can't or else Atlus will sue Sega.

>Golden without a PSTV when
You can play it
on your Vita BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You own Atlus, just tell them do it or less funding.

>buy company
>can'tdo anything with them
Literal cucks. I onow it's Sammy and not Games who bought Index but they should've put Atlus proper under Sega Games JP and not directly under fucking pachinko parent. The former knows more about games industry so it would only make sense.

>Atlus will sue Sega.
Sega owns Atlus ya tard.

then explains why are we getting more Japanese games than ever console cuck

Fuck off that port is absolute fucking garbage

>Yea Forums PS3 has no games
>also Yea Forums: p-please port this PS3 game i'm begging you

Catherine? What was wrong with it?

>games
>plural

Locked to 30 FPS, therefore it is unplayable.

>be sega
>buy atlus
>recognize you can make money and expand player base by porting titles to PC
>want to port atlus titles to PC
>it's up to atlus, despite you owning them

why are SEGA literal cucks?

Atlus is too stuck up, and Japanese executives are old people who line in the past

Man, your priorities are all wrong. It's a turn based game, that means your fps counter doesn't impact how effectively you can play it. All hitting 60fps will do is make the linear "platforming" sections a little nicer to look at and I'd argue those are the worst part of the whole game.
This is part of the reason people were so quick to emulate even though the early emulation was such poor quality. Even if you only hit 5 fps you can still complete the game, it just takes a little longer which you really shouldn't be worried about in a 100 hour RPG that literally tells you to "take your time" on the loading screens.
I can understand wanting a high fps if you're playing it for a second time but if it's your first time and you actually have an interest in the game just fucking emulate it already.

Attached: 1558925098738.jpg (2048x2048, 186K)

They updated it after launch. It was locked for like 3 weeks and now it's fine.

I'm playing games for enjoyment. Playing games at low framerates is less enjoyable.
I have at least 50 to a hundred other games I could be playing in my backlog, there's absolutely no need to play P5 right now while it's still wonky.

Either RPCS3 will get there in the next 2-3 years or raw CPU power will be high enough to just brute-force it. Or maybe Atlus will actually port it to PC, though I seriously doubt that.

it's the SEGA JAP division giving orders
EU/USA sadly have their hands tied.

>[Deep Silver shenanigans intensifies]
>Bamco forced From to make two Dark Souls games no one wanted or liked
The developer having certain degree of autonomy from its parent company is a good thing.

>I have at least 50 to a hundred other games I could be playing in my backlog, there's absolutely no need to play P5 right now while it's still wonky.
Then why bother shitposting on Yea Forums about a game you're not going to play for the next 2 years? Just sounds like an incredible waste of time. Go play another game or emulate this one in the state it's in and stop wasting your time and mine.

Attached: 1558418421540.png (240x240, 24K)

If Sega Games JP had power over Atlus there shouldn't be any problems but it seems Atlus is directly under Sammy.

yeah Sega-Sammy owns atlus, not Sega, Atlus acts independent from how SEGA does because of this

>Persona 5 The Royale on PC is heavily rumored to come some months after it hits the PS4 in the west. I don't want to overplay my hand, but I'm sure some insiders can easily confirm it.
>I won't burn the source I have, but yeah, 100% sure and people can quote me on that later. It's a source that spoiled every Atlus announces to me for the past 7 years in great details and I doubt I'm the only person he's in contact with. I don't doubt him. I also know for sure he's involved with SegaJap/Atlus, at a good position.
>A Switch version of Persona 5 was never in talk, as far as I remember. It was mostly inflated wishful thinking or straight liars. That doesn't mean it won't come at some point, just that the rumors were bullshit at the time.
>Oh and if you want one more thing, SMTV is in dev hell right now and you won't hear about it for some times. I'd be surprised if you hear about it again before BOTW2 release.

Because I can get away with internet shitposting at work with a quick alt-tab or even control-tab. Even if my weakass lenovo laptop could run games I couldn't get away with playing them at work.
Not everyone's a NEET who stays home all day user.

>Persona 5 finally gets ported to PC years later
>Royal is coming out next year
they just did this with Catherine too, why?

SMT GIVEGIVEGIVEGIVEGIVEGIVEGIVEGIVEGIVEGIVEGIVEGIVEGIVEGIVEGIVEGIVEGIVE THAT SHIT RIGHT NOW

Attached: 1529313574512.png (600x1800, 533K)

>it's another "I'M THE GUY THAT LEAKED THIS" leaker
easiest way to tell a leak is fake

Source?

Nice fan fiction, or should I say fun fiction.

>Persona 5 The Royale on PC is heavily rumored to come some months after it hits the PS4 in the west
>he says this despite Atlus literally coming out and saying there are no plans to bring the game to anything other than playstation

>Be developer
>Invest money porting your games
>Only for billions of faggots to play them for free
Can you blame Atlus for that? if I were a developer I would avoid PC too

Attached: 1559919939152.jpg (236x261, 12K)

I bought Catherine Classic and never played it just to vote with my wallet and do my part to encourage future ports.

I also have yet to play Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal even though I pre-ordered that in December and bought all the DLC in March.

Do your part to save gaming.

Good Job PS3fags it only took you 11 years to get a game I'm interested in.

Only a handful of people want them, or their 3DS/PS2 catalogue. I guess they are all shit games and Persona 5 is a masterpiece since everyone squirts their tranny cum over the mention of P5 on PC or Switch.

>be "nihon wa ichiban" developer atlus
>get told to pander to westerners
>get told by westerners to change story elements because it's wrong think
>expect them to cater to westerners still despite this

Attached: 1_iW16rVp-YfahMJfn-ZK_pA.png (1009x721, 250K)

>I hope you know you’re going to have to prove this to mods.
>No problem, I can. I wouldn't say it otherwise.
Trannyera
Typical dev talk, especially when Sony is involved in marketing. They also said "at the moment", Western release is almost a year away, a few months after is far in the future.

>ATLUS loves exclusives.
No Atlus game has ever been under an exclusive contract. Their show of loyalty to Sony is really just autismic. It makes no fucking sense. They have some dumbfucks working in their sales department that seem to think people don't buy games on other platforms.

>ResetERA
>knowing ANYTHING about what Atlus is working on
don't make me laugh user, reminder it was a discord channel with one of the Catherine VAs that revealed that the localization was going to change things.

Seriously, it's unlocked now?

A mix of
1. Shareholders being a bunch of old men out of touch with reality who believe that PC is profitable
2. Under the table bribes by GPU manufacturers

Atlus is only loyal to Sony with Persona, Nintendo has most of Atlus's other games(SMT, Trauma Center, Etrian Odyssey, most of the SMT spinoffs), either way they still are very loyal when it comes to their games.

>trannyera "leaks"
Fake and gay. Also go back pls desu.

friendly reminder that the one time they defected from their exclusivity regime(nocturne) it flopped hard

Fucking do it atlus you lazy fucks

Because sometimes people like to buy games? Do you really want to start this conversation? There are very, very few games that have superior cracked versions. Pretty much all give a better experience in the game, support, online features, and Steam tools with the paid versions.

There is one game where the pirate version is better and this is annoying the shit out of me because I can't remember what it was. There was some technical issue, and it wasn't Denuvo. That's gonna be bothering me all day.

It's still pretty wonky with some elements being hard-locked at 30 FPS because of stupid coding practices. But at least the camera's unlocked.

But Nocturne was always a PS2 exclusive

You can shitpost all you want about it but it probably will happen

The first Persona port they need to do is either Persona 3 FES with Portable additions added or P4G. But knowing it is in Atlus' court, I just know Atlus won't allow shit to be ported, its one thing for Catherine which was a glorified tech demo, but their beloved SMT and Persona hell no.

But why? If they'r not under contract why are they doing it? Do they just really hate money?

and every other smt is Nintendo, so it's a defection

>people don't buy games on other platforms.
Nintendo? Yeah. PC and Xbox owners? Not so much. Why do you think they only develop games for Sony and Nintendo consoles?

Atlus doesn't give a shit about what westerners think and SEGA has no control over them. The PC ports are made for westerners, they aren't even sold in Japan, so Atlus doesn't give two shits about the PC market. It will only happen once PC gaming becomes popular in Japan.

I took Atlus' survey and told them to give PC physical releases or I won't give them my money, download code doesn't count, I hope everyone else did the same
>BUY CATHERINE CLASSIC
I pirated it, you can't buy it on PC, giving them a glorified donation for a download license is not buying a game.
Die of a heart attack already Gabe.

Attached: the only acceptable answer.png (917x325, 21K)

That's the question everyone wants answered because it's completely illogical for them to simply turn down truckfull's of cash. 56% of home games sold are sold on PC. PlayStation is only 23%. (this excludes all mobile devices)

different audiences, a game like Trauma Center isn't exactly something you'd be playing on your PS3, and something like Catherine isn't something you'd expect to see on the Wii.

Yeah, SEGA is actually pretty based on PC when it comes to patching games that released in a poor quality. The Yakuza games released with some problems but they patched it and cleaned it up pretty quickly. They're very active on the forums and willing to listen to port issues if you aren't a dumbass.

Over half of all non-mobile games are sold on PC. PS doesn't even sell half the amount of games that are sold on PC.

based physicalfag

>wasting space with boxes
Fuck 9ff nigger, I bet you own like 20 games or live in a basement. No normal person has space to store hundreds of boxes.

It's only recently that Atlus made a clear choice over where SMT and Persona was gonna go. SMT1 and 2 were ported to shitloads of systems. From obscure Japanese PCs to GBA and even iOS.

I think the Yakuza games are the only ones SEGA cares about right now, they even said that future Yakuza titles will also release on PC at the same time as Playstation because of how well the PC ports did. Atlus though is a completely different breed, because they operate independently from SEGA, they have full control over what games go where, and because of NIPPON PRIDE they won't put a game on a platform with no Japanese audience, that's why the P5 Musou spinoff isn't on Xbox

Which sucks because if they managed to get one Persona or SMT game out the door Atlus would cream their pants over the resulting sales.
I bought Catherine and enjoy it but it's not the same as the other games I'd pour hours into, mod, and then pour more hours into.

Yeah, it makes no sense. Even if they're fucking garbage at porting they could just outsource it. Just hire XSeed's C team for a quick port gig.
Or fuck, let SEGA handle it, they've been porting their own shit for a while and most of those ports were of acceptable quality.
>Wii
Gimmick consoles are excluded since they're fundamentally different from mainline consoles and PC. But explain to me why P4G is vita exclusive or why Catherine would be impossible on an Xbox or PC(I know it has a PC port now, 8 years later).
Or what exactly makes SMT 5 impossible to do on a playstation, xbox, or PC. It just makes no sense.

Attached: reddit.png (800x480, 189K)

>A-Atlus doesnt give a shit so atlus doesnt give a shit!!1!
It will happen, no reason to get mad and write such a wall of text with the same shit lmao

>Sometimes
Companies want to make business, not to receive charity coins from a few people when they feel like it.

I'm tired of this discussion. Why PC gamers believe that they're entitled to have games?

Keep coping physicalfag. No one cares about your kind, there's a reason why digital was accepted on PC so quickly - everyone prefers it.

>why P4G is vita exclusive
I say karma. Vita was ridiculed and shitposted to death so badly Atlus saw this and made the decision to never release Golden on other platforms, thus made everyone go into a seething frenzy.

Or they simply don't care or something. I dunno.

Catherine was on Xbox 360

I will never understand this argument
>why? They hate money?
By this logic every game should cost 60 dollar, choke full of mtx, loot boxes, gatcha, time wasters, P2W elements and most of all published on mobile platform too. Don't forget that the 1 whale worth more than 10,000 normal consumer. Atlus is loyal to their fanbase and its something so rare nowadays that is should be appreciated not frowned upon.

ok anglo nigger

>why aren't they porting games, do they NOT want money???????
nobody bought Catherine classic and SEGA is trying to act like it's not their fault that more Atlus games won't be on PC.

Attached: Catherine.png (510x436, 251K)

How many did it sell? Seems like they are acting like it sold gangbusters

Yeah, the PC ports of Yakuza seem to be a real "oh shit, this is a good idea" moment at SEGA which I am very thankful for.
We really just need that moment with Atlus. Part of the reason people hope SEGA can butter them up but I've realized through these threads that Japanese politeness and pride means SEGA can't do shit.

>Pirate believes he's a real consumer with voice and vote

So cute

I refunded it, the framerate is locked at 30 for most parts of the game

the all time peak for the game barely broke 1000, for comparison Sekiro has a peak of like 100,000 and yakuza is over 20,000

>source: my ass

>PLEASE SABOTAGE PERSONAA 5 SONY CANNOT WIN ANYMOREEEEE
>XBOX AND NINTENDO HOLD MY HAAANDDDDDDD

Attached: 1512698755646.png (2538x1931, 476K)

Sold better than PlayStation though, just like all games

No it's because nobody feels like putting a disk drive into their PC.

i dont get paid till tonight
and you dont want ann's model on PC people will abuse it

>all time peak
are you retarded?

>By this logic every game should cost 60 dollar, choke full of mtx, loot boxes, gatcha, time wasters, P2W elements and most of all published on mobile platform too
Except that's a slash and burn approach to monetisation. It might make you money in the short-term but you'll lose money in the long term. On the other hand, porting your game to a different platform will just increase your fanbase without doing anything to your existing fans.

>Atlus is loyal to their fanbase
How is keeping their games exclusive to one platform "loyalty"? Are PSVita owners somehow affected if P4G is ported to other platforms? Will switch owners spontaneously combust if SMT V is ported?
Also how is SMT switching from Nintendo exclusive to PS exclusive back to Ninento exclusive "loyalty"? They only ones they're loyal to are the platform holders, not their fans. And being loyal to platform holders only makes sense if you're getting something in return.

>I'm tired of this discussion. Why PC gamers believe that they're entitled to have games?
Why do you not tell this to Nintendo Switch fans. Last I checked PC people did not reee on the Japanese sites, social media and the comment sections of the accounts because they did not get what they wanted. PC people may say "oh well that sucks" but you will never see them act in a childish manner and throw a temper tantrum over not getting the game they wanted.

what makes you think people are buying the game when barely 1000 people can be bothered to play it.

You talking about peak people who played or copies bought? Those are different things especially with a game with a primarily single player experience.

it's not a multiplayer game

>Last I checked PC people did not reee on the Japanese sites, social media and the comment sections of the accounts because they did not get what they wanted.
you can't unironically be saying this right now

neither is Yakuza and that still had 20 times more people playing the game at a given time.

Tbh, tired of Switch shills being autistic everytime a Yakuza, Kiseki, Neptunia, etc. game comes and not on Switch. I honestly think with now Witcher 3 coming to Switch, they are going to act like they are entitled to games since such a big open world game in on their system even if a game engine isn't compatible with Switch.

You don't need a PC port for that.
If people actually gave a shit about that slut you would have already seen sfm stuff.

Nice """"""""""""gameplay"""""""""""""", Fatlus.

Maybe because yakuza is insanely popular and isnt some shitty game from 2009 ported to pc

Nocturne is the only Megaten game I actually hate

Attached: Capture.png (556x817, 97K)

If you're going to use steamdb data the least you could do is post the whole thing instead of cherry picking numbers that make it sound worse.

70k-ish sales isn't very high but it's by no means "no sales" for a very quick and dirty port of an 8 year old base game that has an updated version.

Attached: no sales hurr.png (944x400, 28K)

user, catherine was Atlus's highest selling game until Persona 5 came out

Sold much better than Full Body on Vita.

Yakuza nearly died and even the new games really didn't sell all that amazingly just a bit higher than before due to 0 blowing up in the West.

You guys realize that's not nearly enough pull to get atlus to keep making PC ports right?

it's just a guy standing in a room what are you complaining about?

Attached: 1533843754123.png (1920x1080, 1.63M)

Leaked screenshot of the PC version of Persona 5: The Royal

Attached: D6D30E5A-AD34-406D-A65F-D3BA175F8410.png (1181x1180, 354K)

and now Atlus will never make a new Vita game, Full Body didn't sell spectacularly on PC, so they won't make more PC games, simple as that.

>50k-100k is not enough for a port of a 10 years old game

I can because when P5R did not release on Switch I witnessed the anger I witnessed them spam everything. PC people were mad sure but did not say much about it. Switchfags are the most annoying and entitled people on Earth.
>. I honestly think with now Witcher 3 coming to Switch, they are going to act like they are entitled to games since such a big open world game in on their system even if a game engine isn't compatible with Switch.
That's always been the issue pride before the fall as they say.

they seem to care enough to post4 videos of her dancing in a very out of character way

Tales of Vesperia is also a nearly 10 year old game and it sold 500k for it's re-release

Attached: persona 5 rpcs3.webm (836x480, 2.94M)

Because it's idiotic to not support the best current platform.

P5 is already on PC, retard

Persona 5 never tho, they already confirmed this

>Acting like you know what you are talking about
>Moving the goalposts.

How much did OG Vesperia sale compared to OG Catherine?

Except Full Body is not on PC, the 2011 version is. 8 year old port sold better than a new release.

it's not a competition
god this board is full of retards

>Estimate
Show us real numbers

>PC
>buy
lmao you pirate everything and this is why Atlus hates you

honestly why not emulate it, BOTW emulation shows that you can make the emulated version OBJECTIVELY better. Why would you want a half-assed port charged at full price from Atlus when you can play it FOR FREE AND MORE OPTIMIZED

We pirate so much that in the lastfew years PC got almost every Japanese non-first party game. I guess publishers likelosing money /s

Well maybe it would've sold more if it actually fucking worked on release. Yakuza zero did way better comparatively and Valkyria chronicles sold like hotcakes.
VC1 had a functional PC port with arbitrary framerate and resolution support that also ran very well. Investing the bare minimum of effort into your game could get a 2008 PS3 game to sell half a million to a million copies, that's hard to ignore.

Attached: Valkyria.png (965x403, 28K)

>It's ok to act like a child because it's too support the best current platform
Best in what?

steamspy scans profles meaning there are over 50k people who own this game
>ip count doesn't go up
autism

don't bother. shitposters will call any change to the game "censorship" as their coping mechanism for not getting a port. meanwhile, if nothing major changed, they'd call it a "full-price rehash" instead.

Giving money to Steam is not buying a game, it is giving them a donation.
>better experience
In a fair match up, piracy is always superior to giving them a donation for a download, the only time it isn't superior is when they intentionally sabotage the game to make it that way such as requiring MP to go through Steam servers instead of allowing options such as p2p or letting people run their own server. You should not financially reward them for charging for a download and should not financially reward them for sabotaging their game.
Paying for a download doesn't have the convenience, superiority, freedom, and not financially rewarding disgusting business tactics of piracy and doesn't have the added value, superiority, freedom, and not financially rewarding disgusting business tactics of a proper (physical) release.
I'm not "entitled" to games, but I already pay for my electricity and internet connection and am able to pirate so why not?
>Companies want to make business, not to receive charity coins from a few people when they feel like it.
Charging for a download is not a legitimate business. Believing that it is acceptable for a download to be paid for is communist - see Karl Marx' labor theory of value. Paying for digital is giving charity coins to a company.
Games are not sold on PC, charging for a download is not selling a game.
I'm not poor so I have plenty of room. I could buy a big box physical copy of every game I play and never run out of space. You can always sell them or pirate if you don't care about physical copies
Stop paying for downloads.
Because Valve used far worse tactics than Epic to push it
Having to keep the disc in the drive after it is installed is a form of DRM
My physical copies for PC don't require me to keep the disc in after I installed it.
Great, more console ports but we don't get actual PC games anymore. Fuck Valve and Valve drones.

You already posted this 10 times, user. Once is more than enough and PC sells better than PS4 ;)

Attached: Screenshot_20190606-185934_Chrome.jpg (1949x1161, 575K)

That simply isn't true. Unless the west likes Catherine a lot more than it lets on.
personacentral.com/persona-5-best-selling-release-atlus-history-japan/

I dunno about other sites but on Yea Forums Nintendofans can get away with spamming or mild shitposting. It's just the way Yea Forums works.

Yakuza 0's PC port was very mixed on release don't act like it was perfect day one. VC1 was good granted I don't know if sales are inflated considering they sold it for a pittance not long after release

>steam
>own

>more optimised
RPCS3 is not Dolphin. A native port of P5 could easily do 144 FPS everywhere while RPCS3 still struggles to break 40 in towns on even the most powerful CPUs.
Sure, you can easily do 4K because your GPU is practically idling but you could do that with a real port too.

Steamspy isn't allowed to scan people since 2017 you nigger. They just estimate their shit

Unfortunately it used to have the real numbers or close until Valve closed the API to it.

I meant that when people build their PC's they often choose not to buy and install an optical drive alongside the rest. You know, the thing you actually put your discs in

>How is keeping their games exclusive to one platform "loyalty"?
Look I tried to come up with some counter arguments against it in good faith but I can't in my life argue for console exclusivity but to keep things factual let's see
>are PSVita owners somehow affected if P4G is ported to other platforms?
No in a sense they wouldn't, but I can tell you they would feel betrayed by atlus because it's a game series they supported so far and no one gave a fuck to play and suddenly it's releasing every other place yes, they would feel betrayed, but affected by it not really
>Will switch owners spontaneously combust if SMT V is ported?
Yes. Yes. Yes they would Yea Forums wouldn't be useable for week because the amount of butt hurt from the switch users and the shitposting, beta testing, and golden face spamming from literally everyone else.
Look I know that the exclusivity is nothing else but the big game publishers getting something on their console no one else can provide so there is more people to buy their game machine I do understand it and it's harmful for literally everyone else, but when we are talking about a game series which is only thriving on that 1 platform then after 8 games suddenly decides to become multi platform for the sake of the money it feels like betrayer see Yakuza

Catherine isnt even mentioned

Oh God, an Epic Store shill

Quick, someone post the Tiananmen copypasta!

>*disk roots*
>this site is bad! my ass is way more credible

>Vesperia Original: 615,000
>Catherine Original: 550,000

>No in a sense they wouldn't, but I can tell you they would feel betrayed by atlus because it's a game series they supported so far and no one gave a fuck to play and suddenly it's releasing every other place yes, they would feel betrayed, but affected by it not really

P4G only blew up on Vita because it was the only game anyone would mention to buy on Vita buying guides and lists. The PS2 version already got the word out there and that was later ported to PS3.

RPCS3 is not the best and it will take literal years like PCSX2 did for the PS2 library to mature.

Exactly.

>he thinks atlus wouldn't lock the framerate at 30 like they did with Catherine

I pirate on consoles and buy on pc.

Attached: 1560035292753.png (1024x888, 199K)

this chart only lists persona and smt, meanwhile OG catherine sold 500k at least
eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-19-catherine-worldwide-sales-reach-500k

>However, in April 2018, Valve announced a change to Steam's privacy policies, giving users the ability to hide games, friend lists, and other elements of their provide as a means to aid in user privacy. Galyonkin announced that with this change, specifically in that the default settings for all users would hide these profile elements, he would be unable to collect the necessary data needed to run Steam Spy, and plans to shut down the service.[6]
Lean to cope, so(n)ygger. PC always sells better

Yeah, I see no reason why Vesperia sold more than Catherine Classic by such a huge margin at least on PC

>"Persona 5 will be 3DS exclusive"
>"Persona 5 will be Wii U exclusive"
>Persona 5 announced for PS3 and later PS4
>"P5R will be Switch exclusive"
>P5R teaser starts with PS logo
>"I-It's VR!"
>Persona 5 The Royal confirmed as an RPG and listed as PS4 only on the main site
>"P5S will be a Switch port"
>It's a Musou spinoff
>"W-Wait for E3!"
>ATLUS confirms no plans for Switch port
>"I-It sucks anyways SMTV is coming!"
>Nintendo E3 2019: *crickets*

holy based
fuck snoy and fuck microdick

>Paying $60 for a download is clearly fraud and you're just donating to a company
>Paying $60 for a 20 cent disc and 30 cent plastic box is totally okay
How disconnected from reality are you? Do you buy books for the value of the paper and the cover(both of which are practically worthless)?

No that isn't "exactly" they don't even mention the other spin-off titles its a Persona only post besides Devil Summoner so how should I believe that?

Also fuck ninceldo.

SMTIV is on page 2.

This. Also Scramble is confirmed for PS4 as well so Switch users cant even get that as an exclusive. I swear these guys are delusional and thing is these guys have never played a Persona game before besides maybe Persona Q.

Wow 2 others and can't even provide info on the others in those series at the least

Because the port at least somewhat worked. You had some annoying microstutter issues with V-sync but other than that it worked.
Meanwhile Catherine Classic was hard-locked to 30 FPS and buggy as fuck.

Also what they did with Catherine would be equivalent to releasing Vesperia Definitive Edition on PS4 and then porting the OG Vesperia to PC.

Scramble?

Persona 5 Scramble the musou game

Don't waste your time with him.
He's just a pirate justifying his piracy by making it look like some kind of Revolución socialista; he even fucking cited Karl Marx

It's the name of the Persona Musou game.

Oh, right.

>A Bedroom coder can make a 60 FPS patch for an emulator in like 2 weeks
>A billion dollar games company with a full team can't figure it out
Amazing.

>buying the 1st revision of a product when they're already on the 2nd

The others don't make the cut user, there's nothing to discuss.
I've brought an article that has actual sales numbers.
You've said that Catherine was their best selling game until Persona 5 and brought zero evidence to support that. I win until you can show me something where I lost.

Attached: 1558576006401.jpg (512x384, 22K)

P5 PC port has literally been confirmed by sega for years, but you guys have your head up your asses

source?

>confirmed for years
It takes at most 4 months to port a huge game from PS4 to PC, including QA. If it was "confirmed" for years where the fuck is it?

That wasn't me who said that Catherine was the best selling one before P5 you just failed to show me any numbers for Catherine. also the chart only accounts for Japanese sales, not worldwide which is another huge factor.

Dude trust me

his ass

more like Atlus wouldn't be bothered to do so

I'm not at home so I can't post those old sega whatchacallits where they said they would port games such as Vanquish, Bayonetta, Persona 5, and Yakuza. Since then we got VC4 day 1 all those Yakuza games, and Catherine. Guess what's next.

They said it would be interesting, but they need Atlus to be on board, and guess what fucko, they aren't

if you can post this and have access to internet then you can provide us a source.

Will Vanillaware games come to PC?

based

>That wasn't me who said that Catherine was the best selling one before P5
>Anonymous message board
How the fuck am I supposed to recognize who you are when you can't even be assed to read the comment I'm replying to or for that matter my response.

Just fucking hand it over to SEGA, their PC ports are totally fine.
Some have a few issues on launch like Yakuza 0 but that was patched up. VC worked like a charm from day 1. Even when their ports have some issues SEGA are relatively quick about patching them up and respond to community feedback so it's all good.

How will you play The Royal?

Attached: 7F160533-B35C-41AD-878F-7C82CFCE11BD.jpg (1024x662, 86K)

Sega said they were interested in doing it, but since they are now saying it's up to Atlus, chances are it's never happening. Atlus operates independently from SEGA so they can't force them to do that.

Emulation.

I can emulate PS4?

Atlus is nihon wa ichiban, they won't do anything that only benefits westerners(Catherine PC isnt even sold in Japan)

Any news of a judgement port.

Yes, but you can't play games on the available emulators.

No currently released Vanillaware game is PS4 exclusive.

They ported Catherine and Yakuza was your last autistic bastion of never ever. Keep dreaming, the game is totally emulatable regardless -- at 60fps and with many gameplay/visual mods.

Laptop is not comfy, not a chance I can hunt that down on this.

Maybe as some last resort for the company. Can also emulate these games though so not a big deal, I'd like to buy a PC collection though, would be comfy.

PS3, Wii, and PS2.

Why would the ball be in Atlus' court when Sega owns them and probably has authority over them?

yeah I endorse emulating P5(that's how I played it), I don't think the game will EVER come to the PC OFFICIALLY, atlus just doesn't do that.

I want to play the PS4 ports of vanillaware games

most likely will happen by next year now that Sega officially lists Yakuza as a multiplat series

I haven't been keeping up with gaming news this year so I thought it'd be announced by now personally, they are as retarded as ever. There was that trademark update though basically a list of P5_ like P5G P5R P5P etc, and wasn't it getting ported to Switch?

Pretty sure there's no difference to the PS3 versions.

the only ones that got leaked were P5M(which was a Manga), P5S(which is the musou), P5R(which is the Royal) and P5B(which is probably a light novel or something stupid)

There are differences with the ports

>Yea Forumsirgins call Sonyfags poor because they only own a PS4
>meanwhile everyone here who begs for their games cant afford an used PS4
really scrimbbles the joongoonglos

Yakuza coming to PC ruined the series, it was one thing when the 0 fags came but that wasn't too bad but by the time 6 came out where for many that was their first Yakuza game plus the PC ports, it was a mess of SJW bullshit.

Why would I pay for an ebook? I buy physical books for the physical book, I even pay extra for added value such as sewn bindings and higher quality paper. I paid a little over $150 for the Easton Press edition of American Psycho, I have never and will never pay even 1 cent for a download.
Just having the option to pay for a game digitally has ruined gaming, it allows for what is plaguing the industry today such as rampant DLC and mtx, games being intentionally released unfinished or unplayable without a patch because they can easily patch it through whatever platform which further encourages them to be released that way, being charged for a download, having to go through some console wannabe platform to legally play games on PC, easy access which means more casuals play games which means games are made for them which means lower quality games, etc.
How brainwashed are you to think that charging for something with infinite supply and 0 scarcity is acceptable? It is unethical, immoral, and evil.
Epic Store charges for downloads the same as Steam so that doesn't make any sense. You must be a Valve shill or the fat kike himself.

I mean by the time the PC ports came out the main story was already finished(Kiryu's story), so it's not like much was really affected.

pcgamer.com/sega-now-considers-yakuza-a-multi-platform-series/
Good summary of the current status. Basically no confirmation of a Judgement port but SEGA is very pleased how the Yakuza games have performed and are planning to support more ports going forward. Given we have the Dragon Engine running on PC thanks to Kiwami 2 and Judgement doesn't require several games of context not available on PC like Yakuza 6 I think there's a good chance we see it.

Attached: 1557180691130.png (400x378, 79K)

I moreso mean the fanbase and interacting with others moreso than anything else

PC rip in peace then
>musou
why though

however no, there were more than that I am very sure, it was on siliconera.

I'm sure there aren't, only resolution which is arbitrary on emulators.

I thought Sega owns Atlus? Surely they can provide them with the information that PC games sell enough to cover porting costs and then some

in the coming years the HD versions of 3,4,5 along with 6 will be put on PC(probably by the end of this year), Judgement will probably come to PC by mid 2020.

Explain to me how a 30 cent disc and 20 cent plastic box are worth $60. You're paying for intellectual property, faggot, not the physical media it comes on. Otherwise games would cost like a dollar.
>infinite supply and 0 scarcity
Labour is not free you fucktard.

P5U is the only other one, and that's probably not a port of the game and is more likely a fighting game or something like that.

Probably but we do know that SEGA can throw curve balls.Based on those investor reports from a while back they were planning to release Yakuza 6 after the first Kiwami but then they obviously changed their plan and released Kiwami 2 first. Who knows what their plan is now, maybe they aren't even sure.
I'm fine either way honestly as long as they keep the releases consistent. I hope Atlus can do the same someday.

Dark Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Metal Gear Solid and Ace Combat were ruined when they came to PC too.

90% of games sell better on the leading consoles rather than PC. Especially jap games, there are very few exceptions and I guarantee Catherine ain't one of them.

Sure double-digit IQ PC.fag, but nobody mention P5, they mentioned P5 Royal.
How many years until a good PS4 emulator that'll run it? Not that you aren't accostumed to waiting like a good puppy.

Dark Souls was always ruined, it was advertised as multiplat day 1 iirc so xbots were already killing the comfy Demons Souls threads.

VC and MGS had pretty good generals and threads, VC especially had threads better than when the game came out on PS3 because it was a hidden gem back then so Yea Forums didn't really talk about it aside from the odd "this game is too anime" threads.

>AC
>worth talking about online ever
Go back to the 90s.

They might sell more but PC ports make more money more than 10% of the time.

Assault Horizon would've been shite even if it didn't have a PC port.
If anything, it was focusing on the dudebro console CoD audience and that ruined it.
DS had a PC port from the first one so no idea what you're on about there. The PC port was pure fucking trash though and had to get fixed by bedroom modders.
Valkyria chronicles is still a good series.

ITT: SEETHING Sonigers

>and PC sells better than PS4 ;)
Other way around. You're posting one of very few exceptions. Of a game and developer that obviously panders to the PC crowd and STILL sold slightly more on consoles.

Why are PCfags and Switchfags so obsessed with P5?
Let’s be real here if P5 was going on the PC it would be the same as that shitty low effort catherine port.

>Valkyria chronicles is still a good series.
Only the first game was good.

vanilla P5 was already censored during development as evident from unused dialog, P5R will just be the same level of censored.

Attached: propaned.png (240x240, 140K)

Switchfags much more than PCfags get butthurt for something they don't have but want, even if they will never buy it, it gives them more ammo when defending their console.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 was one of the most trashtalked games ever, almost on par with DaS2, by the PC community. Yea Forums went as far as celebrating when Sega confirmed that the game bombed on every single platform.
I wouldn't be surprised if the PC community were responsible for the failure of the game and the death of the series.

No it wasn’t.

4 is good

>m.wikipedia.org
get out

4 was as good as 1.
It doesn't really matter given how Sega gave up on the franchise.

4 is fucking garbage and that has nothing to do with the "PC community". Seeing how VC sold like 10 times more on PC, the console community doesn't even exist as well.

The main reason VC4 got trashed is because they wanted to go back to their roots and have a similar style to VC1 which everyone loved while adding gameplay mechanics and people on all platforms whined it looked like a last gen game therefore trash.

it was, they removed some dialog about prostitution. it's on TCRF.

No it isn't.

I liked VC4 despite the MC being a massive faggot. Riley and Minerva were pretty cool imho.

I mean, the gameplay is still an exploitable mess but so was VC1. But instead of abusing orders to just run past everyone and capture the one flag you need to win you're abusing Minerva with the command ability to drag shocks and lancers around.
I really liked the much greater objective variety in VC4, the game is a lot better when you have something you need to protect/destroy or just kill all enemies in a zone rather than just capturing the single enemy camp to instawin like every VC1 mission.
Mortars are also really fun.

I'd rather port their games from 3DS to somewhere else. PS4, Switch, PC or Xbone. Anything is better than that uncomfortable low resolution device.

The story is shit but the game is good

P5 has a shitton of unused content so it probably wasn’t censored.

The best way to play these games is by not using orders. They are basically just modern day cheat codes

You have to be high to be comparing the charming VC1 to the zoomer VC4.

I couldn't even stand the demo but I pirated it anyway, didn't get very far. The characters were made of pure cringe.

>Nintendo E3 2019: *crickets*
More like one big GUH HUH!

VC1 is still a scout rushing mess even without orders, you just need to rush with 2-3 scouts instead of stacking orders on one.
Especially with Alicia being a walking tank with her high potential proc rates and broken potentials.

I'm stuck on the early part of 1 where they introduce team attacks so fuck me

I wasn't really able to scout rush much in VC1 beacuse of the double fire rate on enemies thanks to 60fps

Which chapter user? VC1 is super easy and you can beat most maps in one or two turns.

Is that a thing? I played it at 60 FPS and the damage still feels lower than lategame VC4. I mean, earlygame shocktroopers will absolutely wreck you with interception fire but as soon as you unlock the grenade launcher with its ridiculous range you can just oneshot them with that(if they're crouching, otherwise just headshot them) and then send another scout to run past.

Wildwood Warfare at Kloden mission 5

they patched it but there's a difficulty mod for that game too

Turn 1:
Send an engie to clear out the first tree with a nade, then send 3 scouts to run up the hill and clear the second tree. Use your remaing CP to kill off the first MG on the other side.
Turn 2: run all the way up the hill above the "main" flag you need to take and throw their nades at the crouched enemies, then clear them out and just capture the flag. The shocks can't return fire if you're still on the hill.

why did you quote the same sentence twice
why are atlusfags so retarded

My main issue is the tanks in the camp plus the sniper on the cliff

Fucking ignore them. The tanks in the camp won't do shit and the boss tank that spawns later can't put down interception fire on scouts coming down the hill.

P5 is free, faggot

>The main reason VC4 got trashed is because they wanted to go back to their roots and have a similar style to VC1 which everyone loved

The game absolutely failed in Japan exactly becaue of this. People have played VC3 and loved it. They expected a continuation of that. Instead, VC4 served them a rehashed VC1. Gone were the fixes to the gameplay, gone were the new mechanics. So gameplay wise, it was a downgrade. Storywise, again, Japanese were not fond of it at all citing bad pacing and another clear fall from grace after 3.

They didn't hate the game, don't get me wrong, but the very lukewarm reception was a clear sign for all the people on edge about it to stay clear.

I heard people hated 2 but heard people loved 3 so if that is the case, very sad events.

VC3 bombed in Japan as well. The devs only tried with 1 and 2 and the sales show it. 2 being a spin-off was fine but no one wanted more teenage anime bullshit.