Thoughts on the guest characters in the Super Smash Bros. series?

Thoughts on the guest characters in the Super Smash Bros. series?

Attached: honored guests.jpg (3200x1080, 969K)

Why are there SO MANY Smash threads?

all decent or amazing additions
probably the best roster of any game ever

I feel like Joker stands out a bit as by far the newest face there, but a pretty solid lineup nonetheless

The only reason it's been going this long is because of the dlc and the worst part is that there's a good chance of them doing even more dlc after this

That roster alone would be enough for a fucking great game.

Then you add the ~60 Nintendo characters on top and you see why people treat Smash like the biggest thing in vidya.

>day after big announcements

Joker, Bayo, and Hero stick out. Hero would be okay if he was DQ3 Erdrick by default though. Besides that it’s great

I dunno, can ask the same thing about all the Tifa titty threads.

>we've gotten OVER double the amount of guests since they overstayed their welcome with Cloud
Truly, they are the singlehanded downfall of Smash.

Attached: 2102114519.png (299x479, 194K)

Glad you agree with me.

>and the worst part is that there's a good chance of them doing even more dlc after this
Somehow a little to known people had speculated that assists could become the next DLC fighters.

Super Mario Maker 2 had the Mystery Mushroom cut, which means no Classic Sonic costume for mario and it increases chances of a Shadow the hedgehog amiibo being made.
The filename for the Hero in the smash ultimate site is called dq_hero, which avoids problems with anything that is just named hero (coding stuff and filenames), this raises the possibility of a playable Isaac as his Japanese filename in the site as a fighter will very likely to be called goldensun_robin.
Fire P. Plant in Mario Tennis Aces was inspired by the P. Plant in ssbu which leads a possibility of Camelot helping out Sakurai on Waluigi's moveset.

That's all I can show you.

I'm oddly enough screencapping this... but what?

>he's upset about getting more content for Smash Bros
You people really do cry about absolutely anything.

>Reeeee where's muh shillmons and shill emblem reps and toad?
This is what you're arguing for because even if these third party characters weren't in your deep cut C/D/F tier Nintendo franchise isn't getting a fighter because Nintendo are fuckheads who think we need 20 mario reps.

It's a popular game.

It feels crazy now that Ryu was only the fifth guest to join.

You mean the storm that only lasted a few hours you dumbass. Smash threads just go on and on

Bayonetta has literally zero business being up there. Joker I get, P5 was incredibly stylish and made a huge splash.

There are a few more icons they could pull in to make a really good roster while pandering to fans. Master Chief, Sora, Crash, Spyro, Kratos, Dante, Lara Croft, Monster Hunter, and unironically Steve.

They're neat.

Was the best they could do for dragonquedt really just "the hero"?

The ones I like are good
The ones I don't are bad.

>Iconic video game characters
>and Bayonetta with Banjo

>Joker more Iconic than Bayo and Banjo

Attached: 5e0.jpg (1000x666, 426K)

>>he's upset about getting more content for Smash Bros
Nah, I'm not upset at the game getting more content, I just think the shitposting is getting annoying.

>why is this immensely popular 20 year old franchise that JUST had 2 more characters announced getting so many threads
Gee, who the fuck could ever guess?

>Joker
>iconic
zoom zoom

>Snake
Doesn't fit with the general cartoony aesthetics of the game, but that makes him even more unexpected and unique. Good addition.
>Sonic
Absolutely based. He's mario's rival and had every reason to be in the game.
>Mega Man
Great addition too, he's a video game icon and fits perfectly in smash.
>Pac-Man
Same as Mega Man, except they based too much of his appearance and moveset from games nobody played, and not enough from the actual pac-man game.
>Ryu
He's mister fighting games. He had to be there. Great addition and execution, his gimmick is cool.
>Cloud
The most popular character from the most popular JRPG. Kinda weird to have a character that comes from a playstation game, but his popularity justifies it I guess.
>Bayonetta
Didn't really want her, but she's a nintendo character now, so why not, I guess. Still felt shoe horned, since she's only had 2 games that are not *that* popular.
>Simon & Richter
Very good on every level. I liked red hair Simon better though.
>Ken
We already had Ryu, who cares.
>Joker
Has absolutely no place in Smash. We already had a playstation-exclusive JRPG rep, and Persona isn't even close to be on the same level as Final Fantasy.
>The Hero
I hate that Japan is happy to have another generic anime swordsman. Nobody in the west played DQ or cares about him.
>Banjo-Kazooie
Great addition. I've never owned a N64 and played the game, but even I can see that he fits right in smash.

You would have a point if these threads reach bump limit, but they don’t, dipshit

pac-man,megaman,sonic and simon are the only 3rd party characters that should be there honestly

>Honorary Nintendo
Megaman
Ryu
Simon
Ken
The Hero
Banjo and Kazooie

>Rivals
Sonic
Cloud

>Adopted by Nintendo
Bayonetta

>It's fucking Pac-Man he does as he pleases
Pac-Man

>Complete fucking randoms
Snake
Richter
Joker

I like all of them and the distribution is pretty spot on. 9 characters (hero counted as 1) with specific relationships to Nintendo, 4 video game abroad characters, 1 of which is fucking Pac-Man.

to be fair what can they actually take from pacman
the only thing from pac world he is missing is his bounce
unless they give him a slingshot from pacman 2

>Nobody in the west played DQ or cares about him.
Spoiler alert: smash isn't made in or for the west.

Aside from like, MvC2 in sheer roster size, its unmatched.

In terms of guest characters, I can't think of a game that comes anywhere near it. It runs the whole gamut of vidya.

MvC2 has 56 characters I think. Smash already surpassed or matched its size in 4.

I mean MvC2 is the only game with a roster that high that even comes within reach of Smash.

Remove Joker, Bayonetta, and The Hero. They come from trash games only played by fat faggots. Rest are fine

There's six Tifa titty threads up right now.

Yikes, talk about a sausage fest... Oof. Where's the feminine representation, bros?

Attached: minecraft_alex.png (771x1036, 300K)

And that's why it sucks.

>I like all of them and the distribution is pretty spot on. 9 characters (hero counted as 1) with specific relationships to Nintendo, 4 video game abroad characters, 1 of which is fucking Pac-Man.

agree with this, to criticise the guest list is honestly just nitpicky bullshit at this point.

Its remarkable we got even a quarter of what we have now with Smash, this shit was literally unthought of when Melee came out and now its got the biggest roster ever that has something for everyone.

I waited for Banjo for fucking YEARS and it finally happened, from here on out I'm not even gonna indulge who's next. I'm more than satisfied.

Please convince the Disturbing Steve guy to make a disturbing Alex

/thread
how would you feel if Crash joined?

>My never ever (Bayonetta) got in
>people still seethe to this very day

It doesn't get any better than this.

Attached: 1548690533342.jpg (998x1024, 131K)

Reimu

If it was up to me, Smash would only have Nintendo characters. It's not something I'd have a stroke over, though.

The Sonic reveal of 2007 *sip* yes, that was a good one. The last time I ever felt hype for anything.

they are pretty cool.
Snake will always be my main

Nintendo just saved her series from dying, plus Bayo 2 was Wii U exclusive

>STEVE II: THE BRIDE OF STEVE
oh god, rosterfagging is actually just one big horror film

Eleven is newer I think.

what about when you scrolled down and the release date turned into 'TBA'