Thinking about buying this piece of crap for emulating

So, i was thinking of buying something cheap for emulating stuff, and listing the stuff i thought
>xperia play is good but only can play to n64 games
>psp has some own games, but can´t even play n64
>3ds is the best but is really akward to have the big top screen floping around, is heavy, and already had one in the past until 2016, so played pretty much like 70% of games it could have.

So what about psvita ? i have people selling it used on my country for like $130. I have understood that can emulate psvita games, but it haves difficulties trying to play n64 and even some snes games ?? how does that works.
plus, does the vita have ANY games worthy of paying extra money instead of a psp ? even non-exclusives

Attached: psvita.jpg (680x510, 54K)

the vita sucks for emulating it's underpowered as fuck

Not OP but PSP does fine though, how would the Vita have issues?

>So what about psvita? I have understood that can emulate psvita games
Op, I...

The PSP doesn't do fine, frameskipping issues are pervasive in GBA and SNES games. Vita emulators are literally just Retroarch ports so you can't even frameskip to patch over the speed issues.

How are n64 not viable in vita. I'm pretty sure I have played them on it.

It ain't perfect, but it'll do for 80% of the games you want to play. That's about right.
Most SNES titles will run fine, all NES, GB and GBC titles will run fine. GBA is hit or miss but most games run fine. It's a mixed bag.
If I was really REALLY into the idea of handheld emulation. I'd save up for a GPD product. Fuck this middle of the road shit.

Attached: 1560352764997.jpg (562x600, 37K)

>How are n64 not viable in vita. I'm pretty sure I have played them on it.
You have played Super Mario 64 and probably the first dungeon's worth of Ocarina of Time. Most other titles barely run if they run at all.

SNES and GBA emulation definitely aren't perfect. You will need to consult a list to see the best core to use for any particular game, and some of them run fine but some of them run less fine

I wouldn't recommend it for emulation, it's more of a bonus thing it can passably do. Vita is best at playing Vita games (obviously), PSP games and PSX eboots

This desu. It can emulate a few games well, it's a great pokemon and RPG machine.
What I think a lot of people miss about the Vita though is that it's basically a library of late 2000's era Steam games. There's some newer stuff in there too. Nuclear Throne on the go is fucking awesome, and both Hotline Miami's are on there, Spelunky, Guacamelee, even Risk of Rain.

For GBA and SNES use the 3DS
>plus, does the vita have ANY games worthy of paying extra money instead of a psp ? even non-exclusives
It has the PS1 library and some PS2/PS3 ports like Persona 4, Metal Gear Solid HD, Final Fantasy X/X2, Disgaea 4

As for Vita games yes it has some but mostly lower budget JRPGs so you have to be into that

Good thread but I bought a 3DS.

thought of that but gpd products here start at 250$ the cheapers one, and it ranks up, the idea of buying a cheap console is to not worrying about carrying 300$ in my pocket everytime, i have a switch already but carrying arounda console that cost almost an used car in my fucking hell of a country isn´t the best idea. Instead psp or pvita cost a game and half, maybe two games.

nice to know that. On psp/psx games titles run pretty much perfect ? or some of them are imcompatibles or i have to do some tricky shit like the n64 ones and turn down the sound to boost the fps

>On psp/psx games titles run pretty much perfect yeah but you should probably buy a remote play grip for psx games

90% of them run fine with no tweaks, the rest either have bad fps/graphical bugs/don't work and there's nothing you can do

64 emulation is fucked everywhere, that's just how it is. I have both a PSP-3000 and a new 3DSXL (both hacked) and I never want for anything.

I haven't encountered any problems. The Vita has the native PSP hardware, which included the native PSX hardware inside it, so it's technically not emulation even

Adrenaline can do some funky things like screen filters which might give you slowdown

I know it's not the same thing (because it's not a portable, duh) but how good is the Playstation classic for emulation of non-ps1 platforms?

I mean it's 30 bucks now, an rpi is more expensive and doesn't have the nice case with the nice gamepad.

>which included the native PSX hardware inside it
Not true, the PSP used emulation. It's just that the PSP hardware was similar to the PSX's which made emulation efficient and accurate.

thanks everyone for your comments !
what i wanted was something that haves some "exclusives" and at the sime time something with i could play n64 and if it was possible nds games, but i guess that way impossible, at least in my price range. I will take a deeper look into psp/psx games and take a choice in the future.
Plus, is there any page where i can se a "list" of what games are compatible in X emulator and what games arent ?

Attached: 1560171596449.png (901x900, 209K)

I think I confused the PS2 and the PSP
I'm not an expert but if the R4000 can run R3000 code natively then it's really not emulation. But the GPU would probably need to be emulated

The memory map is still entirely different, you need to trap and emulate anything that does any form of IO. There's also the GTE coprocessor which is essential to the PS1, but that can be effectively emulated with the PSP's VFPU. Then you have GPU emulation.