FUCKING RISE UP TRAINERS

FUCKING RISE UP TRAINERS.
#BringBackNationalDex
ACT NOW, before it is TOO LATE, to stop the decline.

>Dislike the official treehouse video
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=251&v=TmWu-f6L0Mo
>Reply with that ahashtag to every Nintendo post (GF isn't tweeting right now)
#BringBackNationalDex
>Sign up this petion
change.org/p/nintendo-have-gamefreak-incorporate-all-800-pokémon-into-sword-and-shield?recruiter=144723875&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=tap_basic_share&utm_term=tap_basic_share

TOGETHER we can STOP Jewnichi Masuda from killing our franchise.
Spread and Act.

Attached: 6b3.png (680x453, 465K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18154797
serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml
twitter.com/Jirachibi1000/status/1138627807754326021
youtube.com/watch?v=1V0X31Ncwcg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe it's because I haven't played a Pokemon game since B&W, but I don't see why not having literally every single Pokemon to date is such a big deal

Procreate

They probably will down the road, you impatient autists. God forbid they don't have all the shitty filler pokes cluttering up the dex at launch.

It removes the only excuse GF had for not making detailed battle animations.

>Gamers Rise Up unironically
Go play another game while dilating

im happy they are removing a lot of the shitty mons. There were just too many of the trashmons that nobody used.

What?

It's just a sign of laziness, you can see the decline from XY, to sun and moon, to the ultra versions, let's go, and now this. This is just the straw that broke everyone's back.
If they're going to get away with this now it'll only keep getting worse. But I haven't played since XY.

There's alredy a petition with far more signatures

fuck off back to /vp/ with this shit

fuck off to

>gamers rise up
>sign some meaningless hit
>OUR franchise
This is why gaming is a mental disorder. Literally worse than being a tranny, which ISN'T a mental disorder anymore.

We also need the help of fellow trainers on Yea Forums.

>It's just a sign of laziness
Do you think it's easy to balance all those Pokemon and moves?

Name a more sad, cringe fanbase than pokefags.

stop playing pokeshit and kill yourself

When you have a template of balancing from over 20 years of work in a company that prioritizes this one franchise, yes yes it is.

they've never given a single shit about balance before, nobody expected balance from them, that's for the community to enforce through banlists

imagine being a clownager like OP. Holy shit.

>hehe can't discuss gaems in a vidya board XD fuck off muh board
le epic BTFO XD haahah

YUGIOHCHADS RISE UP

Do you think gamefreak actually gives a shit about balancing?

Will Pokegate save western civilisation?

Sperg where you belong you goddamn autist

Should have been #DownWithDexit

If anything, it will show that people united can defy the kikes, so yeah, I'll say it will help.

Too many garbage generations of pokemon, they know this. Poor Zoomers

Do these petitions ever actually accomplish anything?

stop banning elephant imports from pokeafrica

Yes this is ridiculous. I need mankey in every pokemon game. Fuck nintendo and fuck game freak for denying me this.

Attached: 1549179869555.jpg (796x519, 50K)

haha epic man I can't say this franchise is fans' but this board is totally yours WOOOAHAHHHH Ebin :D

strawpoll.me/18154797

just checking how many people actually think this is a big deal

I really dont know why some of you care so much about this. You can still keep your collection on Home, all this will do is make for better gameplay and better balance hopefully. It will be nice to actually catch everything acessible in the game as well without relying on shady deals with hackers.

who the fuck still plays pokemon

>grown ass people (and trannies which are not people) caring this much about pokemon
move on with your life already

Attached: 1553562676792.png (299x322, 159K)

No one expects all 900 to be balanced. Some pokemon are just dommed to suck and that's perfectly ok. This seems more like an unwillingness or inability to model and animate all of them.

The director of Digimon Survive said in a recent interview the only reason they brought Cyber Sleuth outside of Japan was because of the massive amount of signatures asking for more Digimon stuff localized. So yeah...unless the people they are being sent to are brain dead themselves, which is entirely possible from what we have seen from game freak.

It's the LITERAL highest-grossing entertainment franchise on the planet.
It makes Star Wars look like a cumrag
Who the fuck ISNT playing Pokemon is a more legitimate question you fucking edgy faggot

Culling the bloated national dex is a good thing though

Triple Battles and Rotation Battles being removed without warning meant that absolutely nothing is sacred and everything is subject to removal at any time. Of course double niggers refused to listen, but now they are paying the price for their hubris. Get fucked complacent traitors, I sincerely hope your favorite pokemon get removed and retconned forever.
ORAS is the last canon pokemon game.

>yes goy, pay for incomplete games while you also pay the Home so you can prevent your bros from being dusted
totally_not_a_shill.exe

make that judgement when the game comes out. I honestly hope to see stats revamped across the board to justify this.

It will sell just like Let's Go and you can do nothing about it.

Attached: 1560335179756.jpg (1062x1062, 107K)

redpill me.

Why is everyone mad about the new Pokemon?

I wouldn't mind them removing some and saying that was for balance, but they aren't doing it for that reason and are just being lazy pieces of shit. The game is just lazy as all hell like their new "Pokemon, but big" shit
This won't stop hackers at all, they are not trying to balance all looking atthe ones they are bring back so far serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml They are just being lazy as fuck like they normally are.

>Pokemon has always been known for a plethora of Pokemon
>Decide not to add them all in an anticipated upcoming game in favor of a stupid battle gimmick and as an excuse to not animate nor model all of the Pokemon
>claim that this game is a mainline Pokemon game when in reality it's just going to be a reskin of the Let's Go games
TPCi should just be completely bought by Nintendo at this point so they can keep them in check with bullshit like this

Attached: 33.png (1920x1080, 1.03M)

I don't play it but everyone I know does, even the people who aren't into gaming.

>Who the fuck ISNT playing Pokemon
people with standards

We're talking about the largest and most profitable multimedia franchise in the entirety of human history. There is 0 valid excuse for cutting corners or taking the easy way out. If something is too difficult or time consuming you find a way, be it out sourcing or innovating or whatever.

The problem with THESE signatures is that most of them are going to buy the game regardless. Making a petition to bring games over to the US indicates willingness to buy something that might never exist to begin with.

Jap twitter is burning them. That's the only one they'll listen to since pokemon fucking up in it's homeland would be an unimaginable disgrace.

they already have all the models from XY.

the pokemon won't be modeled or included at all in the game
you won't be able to hack them in either

Masuda is going to dab all over the Pokémon fanbase by culling mons due to a philosophy change.

Attached: 1560283535592.png (618x412, 318K)

>balance 900 mons
>when half of them are worthless preevos anyway
And even then gf has shown that they don't give a shit about balancing.

Fuck off, i don't want this crap full of hacked mons. Also it's a kids game you dumb faggot.

Shitty animation, shitty art, the pokemon cut

They want to be angry at the series and this new thing has some negatives. 100% of the people complaining will buy the game even if no changes are made.

any chance to say new game bad old game good Yea Forums will take it

Pokemon not able to be caught in this game locally can't be imported from past games/Poke Bank.

It is highest grossing because they don't need to put in tons of resource to make them unlike with AAA games

Can't do much when the issue is hardware limitations

oh yeah, the horror, what would I do without my ledian in the game, boo hoo. now i can't rely on smogon to beat ingame challenge

Yes, but you said that people won't need hackers for stuff, but anything that will be in the game will be hacked. It kinda makes your point meaningless when people are going to hack no matter what.

>tfw I'm one of the rare people who tolerate gen 7 more than gen 6 here

Both suck ass but holy shit I'd rather deal with unskippable cutscene garbage than gen 6's maximum easy.

>things that no one liked or used are being removed
and nothing of value was lost.

>bros
yeah im sure your 1200 pokemon are all your bros
>pay for home to prevent loss
Why not keep them on sun and moon and transfer when you can? You wont have to pay for home until you can actually transfer them after all
>totally_not_a_shill.exe
Depends on if being a shill means defending reasonable things. I havent bought a pokemon game since Pearl, and this news actually makes me WANT to play pokemon again.

nooo not my bruxish

So where's your proof that all the tweets are complaining?

Fuck people that play videogames. Have sex. Gamefreak knows their customers better than any of you.

HAHAHAHAHA look at all these pokefags sperging
Go back to your shithole /vp/

>I don't understand why not getting all of what I bought is a big deal I'm only using 40% of it you can have 60% of my money for free

awwhhh someone's a smartie on the internet, yes you are yes you are

Attached: 1560225482181.png (200x430, 54K)

When fighting game sequels come out and some old characters are missing, people dont boycott games. Why is this different?

>Pokemon
>Balance
L O L

>everyone
It's merely a handful of /vp/ rejects, and hordes of gameless snoygers.

clown thread

You're delusional if you think they're just going to cull undesirable/bad pokemon. Inevitably, a favorite of yours won't make the cut.

>buying poketrash ever

Attached: 1559901831556.gif (100x100, 26K)

that's not how a RoI works you fucking imbecile hahahahaaahah

This is all I have to say

There’s no need to be a dick to people that are dissapointed/upset by Gamefreak not making every Pokémon available There is also no need to condemn people that don’t care about not being able to have all the Pokémon in a new region.

replace ledian with pokemon you like and suddenly le angry face!

Attached: poster 840x830 f8f8f8-pad 750x1000 f8f8f8.jpg (750x1000, 88K)

The game will have them all. The problem is, they're too lazy to even bother putting them all in the dex.

Yeah, that's what happened with SMUSUM, for sure. Stupid fuck.

Rotation was the shit, I loved it. At least ORAS was a good note to end the franchise on.

>not getting all of what you paid for
You aren't paying for the pokemon when you buy a pokemon video game based retard.

POKEMON FAGS BTFO LOL

aw shitsnacks, my trubbish no!

Good. There are way too many fucking Pokemon already.

Because fighting game characters (except special game modes in Smash or soulCal, for example) don't have any growth. No stats. Nothing to import or export.

I liked it just to spite you, faggot

It's just autists sperging out over something that should've happened a long time ago. GF can't model, balance, and animate thousands of playable monsters each new game entry and it is entirely their own fault it has gotten to this point. It's no wonder they focus so much development time on remakes so they could keep delaying the inevitable.

GF's incompetence aside, they should've made each game focus on the new Pokemon, with a select few old Pokemon sprinkled in. Then simply rotate which old Pokemon are available for the next game. Keeps the games fresh, focused, and removes bloat.

Why complain now when you've been eating shit for 7 generations straight?

>You wont have to pay for home until you can actually transfer them after all
You can't from now on. There won't be a game with all the pokemon in it. That's their new philosophy.

Gee I wonder if this move that culls the pokemon count down is an attempt to make balance in pokemon not a huge joke :^)

>you arent paying for pokemon when you buy pokemon based retard

Attached: 1560221174777.jpg (424x360, 84K)

>Larvesta/Volcarona haven't been confirmed yet
N-No bros............. not like this...........................................

No, I'd rather rise up to delete gamefreak from existence.

gorsh dangit, not my mr mime

>FORCEFEED ME PLEASE
>I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT BASED JAPS HATE NUPOKEMON

Attached: angryjaps.jpg (116x44, 3K)

>mad because he can't transfer the Magikarp he got conned into buying 14 years ago
I'm sorry for your loss

No. Fuck you. Let the region feel like a new region. The mainline games doesn't need to cater to competitive autism.

they heavily implied that the game wont have them all.

>So yeah...unless the people they are being sent to are brain dead themselves, which is entirely possible from what we have seen from game freak.

The morons who make these games keep making them because morons keep buying them, and those morons keep buying them because the first morons keep making them. It's like the Circle of Stupid.

>it's a Yea Forums thinks they understand game development for a multi-million dollar franchise episode
>again

>21 million tweets means it is all complaints

I'll bet you good money that the "balance" will be the same as always. There will only be a handful of competitively viable pokemon.

Just remove all of this ugly shit.

>GF can't model, balance, and animate thousands of playable monsters
Good thing they don't have to, since they're using the same models and animations from X/Y, nearly a decade ago. The issue is that they're now so lazy that they can't even bother to copy and paste dex entries for old mons.

Attached: gen 5.jpg (500x8000, 1.5M)

>Then simply rotate which old Pokemon are available for the next game. Keeps the games fresh, focused, and removes bloat.
I would agree with this, if that was what they are doing. Have you seen the confirmed Pokemon yet?

Not even roster fags are this entitled
Every new entry in a fighting game cycles out characters that people main

they really portraying pokeuk as realistic as possible
>oy m8 yer got a loicence for dat pokeman

what those scribble means anywais?

I'm okay with less pokebros.
I just wish we got something in return for it.
More animations or something.
Give them a little more life.

Try quoting me accurately and maybe your brain will start functioning brother.

When I buy persona, I am not buying all the demons in the game from now until forever. I am buying the experience of playing the video game. I hold no expectations that I will keep my level 99 Junpei when I move on to Persona 4.

>Fuck you. Let the region feel like a new region
Or, retard, just lock the full pokedex until you've completed the game. Several games have done that in the past.

Absolute shit taste. Gen 5 had the best bugs.

It's not even like the games won't be competitive. The metagame will actually be refreshing if some of the most overused Pokemon are nuked.

thank you for the concern, zoomer, im sure all the arabian factory produced youtube videos you watched growing up and your fortnite will still be around longer than pokemon will

>Most of the Pokemon in that picture have been confirmed to be in the new game
I find this very funny for some reason.

Attached: 1442865440939.png (374x279, 72K)

I agree. Thank god they said that they'll prevent having to much workload by reusing the models and animations from X/Y onwards, which was the main reason why they had such a high poly count and let the game run like shit.

This isn't fucking Smash Bros.

If so, that's even worse, since we can be certain they're going to just copy and paste the old models over, just like with LGPU.

This right here. If you're going to limit your scope after setting a precedent of "catch them ALL" for the past 25 years, maybe you ought to actually compensate that loss in some meaningful way. The battles animations we've seen look lifeless as fuck.

How old are you?

It’s japan’s equivalent of #BringBackNationalDex I think its “Compatibility Cuts”

>Trubbish and Mudsdale are in
LOL

lol Pokemon has never been balanced, and then the illusion of balance completely shattered when the Gen 3 remakes came out.

Thanks, Primal Groudon and Mega Rayquaza.

yeah got it, you're an idiot though
removing ANY of the staple of a game hinders and ruins it, removing some persons makes it worse, removing some pokemon makes pokemon worse

The game should start at the defeat of the elite 4 shit, not end because you suddenly have to grind out 800 more pokemon and collect your free legendaries and starters from hackers online.

>using hashtags on Yea Forums
Go fucking die, Tranny.

>no fucking blastoise
They will add the old starters, right?

no........... not him............. it cannot be.........

Attached: 476.png (475x475, 172K)

>half the appeal of Pokémon is to take your favorites on new adventures
>your favorite could potentially be culled due to 'programming difficulties please understand'
>WHY ARE PEOPLE UPSET

Attached: 1529291349824.gif (500x370, 1.88M)

Yeah, they're using the hashtag "compatibility cut" because they're thrilled about it.

They already have models and animations for every single past Pokémon.

You don't just remove them because you want to make new ones?? Why don't they just put in all the old models ... and update the games with newer models and animations later?

I don't care if they pull a Sun and Moon and just take a while to let us transfer old Pokémon - but are they seriously just going to let 17 years worth of shinies and competitive teams die out despite, I repeat, having all the models already done

gen 5 had very balance typing and a big plus for the bug types, first time i even carry 2 of them to the E4
>gamefreak putting gen 5
based, crybabies don't know how good gen 5 is

I just want torchic and I will be happy.

Dude, when they tell you 2 weeks ago about Pokemon Home and the entire selling point of keeping your pokemon with you, only to go 180 on Sword and Shield, of fucking course people are going to be pissed

Yes, because the game isn't designed for the competitive scene at all

Fuck you nigga I went out of my way to raise a Probopass and named him Mario so he could team up with my Torterra named Bowser

I'm not a tranny, unfortunately for you, pedo.

>>half the appeal of Pokémon is to take your favorites on new adventures
what? transfers are locked until post-game.

Fuck off with this shit already

It's "Got to catch them all"

Not '"got to transfer them all over from my old gamesave!"

Youre still catching all the pokemon in the game, nothing has changed.

They're making a whole new thing for storing your old Pokémon on, Pokémon home..

Thats not how it works though. Most pokemon in pokemon you will absolutely never touch or care about, there are simply too many. You probably only use 30 pokemon tops on a single playthrough, you dont NEED 900+, and it doesnt effect your ability to enjoy the game.

If I'm on vacation in spain, and 500 people from barcelona kill themselves while I'm there, it will not effect my stay in barcelona, because it's like pissing into the ocean.

Wrong person?

I don’t want the decline to stop. It’s too late at this point. I hope the series finally dies out so I can play HGSS or some other good Pokemon game without feeling like I’m missing out on new Pokemon.

>*NEW* CATCHING POKEMON ISN'T IMPORTANT IN THE "GOTTA CATCH EM ALL" SERIES
Is there ANYTHING pokedrones won't defend?

Attached: 1550421345796.jpg (720x724, 29K)

>be gen 3
>don't let you transfer your old bros over
>you can at least get all of them again

>be gen 8
>don't let you transfer your old bros over
>don't even bother including them in the code, fuck 'em
Apologize to based gen 3.

Attached: GPXE01-26.png (1920x1060, 777K)

Keep playing SuMo and X&Y for the rest of your life then

Guess what? it doesn't mean they are all complaining about it.

But trubbish in tho

>The game will have them all
How are people still this uninformed?
They're not putting them in the game, period. No models, no stats, nothing.

Then they should probably stop with the fucking world championships then

Half the appeal of pokemon is taking a new unknown partner, and becoming good friends with it as you conquer a new adventure.

I been with this series since it hit our shores in the US.
I'm kinda over the large pokedex and I wouldn't mind a more intimate (No not that way you furfags) experience with the mons. the amiee (sp?) thing was kinda okay. I want the world to be more lived in.
That's, I have bros of every gen (except 7, SuMo was meh to play so I never got to finish.), and I don't mind playing with new ones.

The other issue is that the game looks and feels like a ported 3DS game. And you saw how GF fucked up using the tech to full potential.
>bunch of 3DS games run at 60
>GF can't even get a steady 30

Forgive me. After gen 7, I stopped even bothering to keep up with Pokemon news.

Hey so is this people trying to censor and control Nintendo?

Imagine waiting this long to speak up about the direction of pokemon
Gen V sales cemented the future of the series. Please understand.

I really do agree, I hate how everyone just dumps hundreds of pokemon sourced from some asshole using cheatengine like that's a source of satisfaction for the new game. Fucking baffling, why can't the focus go on finding and catching the pokemon you want to use in the new game?

Nigger, the fuck are you talking about? It's never presenting the fun of a pokemon game being bringing old pokemon on new adventures, that's why they straight up give you new starters every single time. The appeal of pokemon is a new region and new pokemon to catch and raise.

>removes bloat.
this is what i didn't like in HH SS, i mean it's cool they added so much pokemon but at the end they all feel the same basically, i'm enjoying playing black now, it feels so fresh.

>remove Volcarona
Burn in hell.

Attached: Volcarona angry.gif (498x278, 1.04M)

'Gotta catch them all' wasn't even a slogan in the Japanese side.

Fuck the national Dex
now you only need two games to 100% them

There's a difference between the competitions Nintendo does and the ones the community does

They did this in Gen 3, who fucking cares. Oh wait you’re zoomers.

THEN DON'T FUCKING TALK ABOUT IT RETARD

Don't tell me what to do, fatso.

hoes mad

>incels mad that their childrens game characters from a decade ago aren't in the new video game for children

please for the love of god just have sex

right? you are in a new region, the point is to catch the new ones and get to know them well before going catching the previous ones, this is why i love gen 5. you had to figure out how to get good with the pokemon available instead of relying on your smogon approved pals

Ya know, all these comments are starting to win me over

I love cut content now

I hope they can remove even more before release

I kept some of the same god damn Pokemon for years with me through every game. the ones I use just happen to be in, but it would suck if you the Pokemon the single one you have used for fucking years just isn't in this time.
You could still transfer from gen 3 you retard, but only 6 at a time every 34 hours.

>They did this in Gen 3, who fucking cares
They still had the Pokemon in the game. You can catch them all.

The jap slogan is "Get Pokemon!", but they will have to update it to "Get some Pokemon and fight some others you can't get".

I see what you're saying but for a lot of people that experience of bringing your favorite mon into each new game is pretty neat. It's not like people are forcing you to import pokemon anyways if you want to start fresh.

Ideally, you'd be forced to use only the local dex caught in-game until you beat the elite 4 and then the ability to import unlocks and optional routes with international pokemon open up.

they only did it then because of technical limitations, and included every pokemon in the code anyways. Sword and shield will ONLY have pokemon from its dex, the rest of the pokemon wont even be in the game.

Why do people keep pretending like pokemon not in Sword and Shield are gone forever? Are you people seriously this stupid?

>Good thing they don't have to, since they're using the same models and animations from X/Y, nearly a decade ago.
And they look like shit. It's pathetic when the old Stadium games have better move animations then what has been shown so far. If GF focused on quality>quantity and actually cared about their product, we might get something worth playing.

>Nintendo: willing to delay games to make them the best they can
>Gamefreak: yeah lol we're leaving that out due to development time constraints, gotta get this game out for the Holidays

Charizard is in and GF will never let a KANTOOOO Pokemon not be usable.

>People complaining about Pokemon being the same old rehashed shit over and over
>People begging to have the EXACT SAME SHIT from the previous generation.
lel

Short answer: Yes
Autism is a powerful thing.

They do not have object permanence yet, be patient.

model =/= animation

You're still not fucking catching them all, though. You're literally catching local monsters and saying "naw, fuck it that's good enough" to the hundreds of other Pokemon. This is shitting all over their fucking core motto, and it's a fucking disgrace when they have already taken steps in the past to ensure that previous Pokemon could continue to be used in future games. And I'm not talking about transferring your old ones, I'm talking about literally not having the information for the Pokemon in the fucking game.

>Why are Pokemon fans okay with Game Freak being incompetent? They should let their voices be heard.
>Game Freak actively removes content from the game for the sole reason of cutting their already dull corners
>WHY IS EVERYONE COMPLAINING? HAVE SEX, WHO CARES, THIS ALREADY HAPPENED, STOP YELLING AT GAME FREAK, CUT CONTENT IS GOOD WHEN GAME FREAK DOES IT
You faggots will be the death of me.

Attached: 1505710567031.gif (466x315, 788K)

There's no need to even change 'get pokemon' to that you autist.

>now it's both a rehash AND has less content.
Amazing, what an improvement.

>they aren't gone forever
>they just won't be available to even trade over, depending on the game
What if I like, say, Flygon, and I also like Salamence, and they just aren't in the same game? I can't even trade to get both on one team.

Get Pokemon! is still technically correct, user.

Gotta catch 'em all was a Western-only motto, and hasn't been used in fucking YEARS.

Except nobody is doing that, how do you misread a situation so badly? Are you actually retarded?

They used the sheer number of pokemon as an excuse for lack of battle animations in the past, and now that only the pokemon in this new games region are allowed period, that excuse doesn't hold up, but they still don't have any battle animations at all. The entire game is just a lazy shitshow that will probably sell worse then USUM.

Compfag here.
Granted we don't know who's in or who's not but he gap in power between some of these mons is as ridiculous now as it was in gen7 and you won't be seeing shit like Wailord in the same team as Hydreigon when Milotic and Mantine are around.
Togekiss will go fucking bananas without Zapdos around, Dynamaxed Clefable will likely be a pain and Gengar will be chemo to the point of becoming cancer itself.
They better add a bunch of checks or counters to these mons or do a complete rebalancing of their movepools/abilities because you'll be reminiscing about how good Lando and Heatran were in no time.

based

Wow, these faggots are really getting together over this.
I hope GF doesn't cave to you whiny faggots and push the game release back so they can try and quickly shove in every Pokemon.

What's the point of even having EVERY pokemon? Just so some people can transfer their level 100 pokemon they've been holding onto every game into the PC in Galar and do jack shit from there? Why the fuck not just put it in Home instead.
Also, it's not like the old games stop existing either. You're not instantly losing the chance to ever see these pokemon again. The next games will have their own pool, likely specifically picking ones that weren't picked in S/S so you can still catch them all just in different games and bringing them together via Home.
Hell, it sounds like Home will make it even easier to get a full national dex together since they said it will allow trading.

Don't get me wrong here. GF are retarded and this is clearly a lazy decision. But it's not THAT big of a deal with everything else they're doing around it.

who fucking cares

are you 11 years old?

What difference does that make? Either way you can’t get them. And then they can just patch the game when the sequel brings more.

Reminder Game Freak isn't an indie company, they have no fucking excuse to be this lazy. If Animal Crossing can get delayed to ensure quality, why the fuck can't Pokemon?

I just want a single fucking Pokemon I have been using for years in every game, that's all I care about. Some people have keep their one bud for years and it really sucks if you can't do this. I feel like their reasoning for not doing it pretty shitty and they just want to be able to rush this game out for the holiday's and if I can't bring my one Pokemon over then fuck this game.

Attached: 1421961666135.png (264x289, 100K)

it's fucking piss easy
if it's furbait give it 600+ bst, a busted unique move and a powerful typing, if it's a filler mon make it grass type and give it 50 speed

Good argument. Have sex.

the series has been shit for awhile I dont know why you guys expect for them to go above and beyond. They have been implementing less and less pokemon and just putting in stupid gimmick mechanics.

>The series was never about catching all Pokemon!
The absolute cope of drones, holy shit.

Attached: 1548496755582.jpg (230x240, 28K)

You're posting on a video game enthusiast board.

imagine slaving away all day, all week, all month, all year to see this just after showing off your work to the world.

Attached: 1505172088174.gif (500x375, 762K)

Gotta catch 'em all was entirely an American invention, it was never a thing in Japan.

But you will still have them in Pokemon Bank, and probably Home. I mean, yeah it sucks that every game won't have all 1000+ pokemon, I want that too and don't like this decision, but claiming that GF is permanently deleting any pokemon is beyond stupid.

Yes it is. It's literally the cornerstone of every single argument on /vp/, here, and everywhere else. THEY'RE CULLING THEM, MY BROS ARE GONE FOREVER, I'LL NEVER SEE MY BROS AGAIN. It's retardation.

Are they....not gone forever? Am I just being stupid? If there was hope my competeive shiny team I worked so hard on wasn't dead forever - that's hope I wish I shared, trust me

From what I recall, they stopped using it for gen 3 because of complaints about encouraging addiction? Then they use it somewhat in gen 6.

>Why aren't you happy about paying for less content

Attached: 1539551961696.png (808x922, 957K)

Because they need to be in that Holiday release window. Switch doesn't have a killer holiday release otherwise. Astral Chain looks fantastic but it's going to be niche and 2D Zelda games don't do the numbers that 3D Zeldas do.

>And then they can just patch the game when the sequel brings more.
Just like they did with XY and SM?

have sex

This is why Bayleaf is a shit Pokémon

Please understand Anons, they are removing pokémons so that they can bring high quality animations for the game.

Attached: 1560282897273.gif (800x450, 3.41M)

>Grown ass weeb thinks he isn't just as much of a subhuman for spending his time on a video game board

imagine doing the bare minimum for a AAA company and thinking you deserve praise.

They made a PAID service called Pokemon Bank that was expressly for the purpose of allowing Pokemon to be transferred to new gens through cloud storage. They charged people money for this shit and now they say we just can't do it in the new ones.

Attached: pokemon-bank-diagram.jpg (647x500, 83K)

not your personal army

>change.org

Attached: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FtdxR-4Wf4Z8%2Fhqdefault.jpg&f=1.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Just don't buy the game retard

Imagine not doing the barest minimum to appease your fanbase and expecting to be praised.

People wouldn't be so up in arms if the precedent hadn't been set for like 2 decades user.

In a sense, they should have done this during Gen III.

They literally changed their company policy to say they won't implement non-regional mons anymore

WHy the flying fucking hell would they be?

1. They will obviously add them into other games in the future, and will likely add more for the third version or sequels (and claim it as a feature like the cunts they are). I wouldn't be surprised if they added more into SnS as updates.
2. You can just keep them stored in Home or Bank until they are usable in a newer game.
3. If you are truly worried, drop them all off in SM or USUM just in case.

The funny thing is most of these faggots don't even care about pokèmon.
They either
>Hurr why do you like something I don't
or advocacy for the devil.
What a brunch on niggers.

So you are retarded, thanks for clarifying. If the Pokemon you want to use isn't part of the roster in their future games then you can't use it, it may not be gone, but if you can't use it in new content going forward then it may as well be. It's like saying you can't get mad at a sequel being shit because the previous game was good, that's not how it works you faggot.

You typed that post without understanding anything about what you're talking about

>But you will still have them in Pokemon Bank, and probably Home.
Where they'll be essentially unusable, because whether a future game will let me use any of them is completely up to chance?

see
Nintendo made a big fuss over delaying Animal Crossing and Metroid Prime 4 to help dev time
Why can't Game Freak?

Pokémon has been shit for a long time, the morons that give money to this garbage franchise deserve to be fucked on every aspect possible. Maybe then they will learn.

Imagine fucking up so bad that you end up pissing off your normally defensive normalfag audience.
>They have been implementing less and less pokemon
Really I'm surprised that this issue didn't happen earlier after stuff like Gen V adding 155 or the pre-evo/new evos of 2 and 4. GameFreak's lazy as fuck and keep themselves small

Attached: rad.gif (480x270, 1.79M)

It's far easier to come up with unique animations for multiple things for 151 instead of 800+. Not having attack animations at all is a sheer sign of laziness however.

BTW, Pokémon Home might be Pokémon Jail if your mons aren't in the Galar Dex

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-11-16-53-13.png (1440x2880, 892K)

>I wouldn't be surprised if they added more into SnS as updates.
I want you to point me to one instance of them ever doing that, through all generations of Pokemon.

It literally wasn't, the gotta catch em all slogan was an American invention.

Game Freak is a small indie studio, please understand.

Attached: 1560288046935.webm (640x360, 2.48M)

My personal complaint about this is that they still have all those unnecessary delays not helped by the text scrolling, especially if you have all sorts of events and passives going on, like weather.

This would have been remedied with the Combat Log system to minimize all those text scrolling, while players would have even more detailed information and record of what happened.

Nintendo can't tell Gamefreak what to do, and GF are lazy assholes who always take the easy way out.

>literally reusing models since 2013
>now it's suddenly too hard to put them in the game for a company with hundreds of employees

Attached: 1530543065494.png (604x604, 616K)

Now make over 500,000 unique animaitons by hand.

Why aren't you showing Stadium double kick instead?

Did you miss every single game always making a huge deal out of completing your pokedex and every single mechanic being related to collecting pokemon? It's the whole appeal of the series.

Probably will screw over their big marketing push for that gen.
Can't really market your new TCG sets or your anime advertisement if the game's delayed too much. I guess that's the issue of having an IP bigger than the devs who make the entries
I wonder how mad people would be if every game ended up rotating what pokemon were available.

>GF can't model thousands of playable monsters each new game entry
I thought the 3DS models were futureproof to avoid shit like this.

That's exactly my point user. Animal Crossing can afford to be delayed because of Pokemon being slated for Holiday.

Good, society has been coddling the autistic far too much.

They literally have HD 3D models of every Pokemon and just needed to copy and paste them into the damn game

>WHAT IF THEY NEVER BRING THEM BACK EVER AGAIN ABLOO BLOO BLOO
Utter idiocy. 100% pure brainlessness. If you think the greediest company ever to plague this planet is going to just drop any of their 1000+ money-making toysellers, you have absolutely nothing in your head. Jesus fucking Christ. I bet you're the same stupid fucks that would go "What if they never make another Smash Bros? What if they never make another Call of Duty?" Yeah, what if a company wakes up one morning as a collective group, and everyone in it says, "Yo, I HATE money! We're done, no more money for us!"

Pokemon has NEVER been concerned with balance you dingbat. Masuda is a fucking liar acting like they give a shit about balance, they cut the Pokedex because they can't be bothered to hire more people and are too incompetent to manage the resources they already have
>make new models instead of using the already high quality "future proof" 3ds models
>make new pokemon home app instead of using the already "future proof" pokebank app

it's literally just sun and moon with 20 new pokemon

Futureproof for different timeline, please understand, game creation is very difficult

All 800 previous Pokemon already have animations completed. Which means they only have to animate the new ones. (If you stockpile old models and animations, you only EVER have to make the new ones)

>was working on making a living dex consisting of Pokemon caught in their original gens
>Kanto mons from RGBY VC, Hoenn mons from RSE, etc
>they'll all just end up in purgatory
Based GF

Yes

I don't expect Stadium-tier animations in this for every mon and every move but I think it's reasonable to expect every pokemon when the models already exists. They're using the same models from the 3DS games already.

Cool. Multiply that by 9 for the pokemon count, then again by 20 for the absurd number of moves in the games. Then make them in vastly better graphics.

It honestly is a good thing but watching all these nintenbros freaking out about pokemon rehash #124212421 doing something slightly different is hilarious desu

Attached: plebs.png (767x627, 550K)

This is what a corporate drone looks like.

>making a huge deal out of completing your pokedex
You mean one lousy certificate that does nothing if you complete it?
SMT encourages collection more by giving you actual rewards for collection and it never includes its entire roster of demons in a game.

>animations already present in gen6+7
>literally the reason why the model were so detialined in the first place to be reused in future games
>lol lets throw it away and make the bare minimum, the retard will lap it up anyway
Seeing you I must admit they had the right idea in the end.

There have been some Pokemon that have literally never been brought back into a regional dex since their conception, you are the brainlet here my friend.

Imagine being so cucked you're PAYING GameFreak to hold your favorites hostage until they decide they'll allow you to use them in the newest game, if they even want to considering some Pokemon have controversy behind them and you know damn well they'll never bring them back out of fear for that controversy.

>expecting competency from Game Freak
lol

Go away Masuda, bring Morimoto back.

Attached: morimoto masuda.png (1366x1122, 1.58M)

They don't have unique animations for every move which is what people posting le double kick maymay are demanding.

>something slightly different is yet another rehash but this time with less content
Retard

There's no guarantee they're only cutting shitmons, faggot. Even if they did, there's still a huge chance a lot of decent mons don't make it.

>meanwhile masuda outright confirms that there will never be another game will the whole dex
>thinking that nintendo has any say over what gamefreak does
You fucks really go all out, trying to defend this heaping pile of shit.

>cutting content is doing something slightly different
Based retard tripfag

The difference here is that Game Freak set a precedent to allow importing pokemon for 2 decades. SMT never allowed this.

Gen 5 is my favourite, but you can't even bring Pokemon in from old games, and that was always reserved for the post-game, anyway.

Attached: 1547495548218.jpg (750x705, 93K)

>tripfag
Filtered.

Maybe you should all stop buying the game.

Exactly, that's why I said GF should focus on their new Pokemon each game entry, and only bring back a select few of the old ones and rotating through them in the next game.

This would allow GF to actually polish their battle animations and system. Not like it'll ever happen, it's clear the fans prefer quantity>quality based on the outcry seen so far.

HGSS did nothing to fix the many problems of GSC but retards still lapped it up because
>muh following pokemon
>muh battle frontier copypasted from platinum

fucking SEETHING

Attached: puff.jpg (408x491, 56K)

>slightly different
>can't catch em all is slightly different

>There have been some Pokemon that have literally never been brought back into a regional dex since their conception, you are the brainlet here my friend.
Name one

Just hire some cheap chinese third party to make the animations, they have money for that.

Attached: 1560342903770.gif (495x304, 3.45M)

The point is that animations is not an excuse since they aren't even making animations for the new models, it's pure unadulterated laziness.

UNIVERSE WILL UNDERSTAND

UNIVERSE WILL BE GRATEFUL

Attached: 1560281792084.png (400x428, 317K)

Cringe
Gen5 was a mistake

"Futureproof" models were a mistake and so was trading between generations. Designing assets to be copypasted for decades stifles creativity and causes the fanbase to bizarrely get mad when the games aren't bloated messes.

Things I want
>more regional forms
>more megas
>more alternate forms
>random battle tower

things I'll get
>nothing
>new gimmick that will be ignored next gen

Not in RS until later games (including fucking gamecube games)

And still had more content than ORAS.

This so much. Holy shit pokemons battles are so fucking slow. Just play out the battle without telling me about it and if I'm too much of a retard to understand that happenned I'll bring up the combat log

...what? Black and White both have poke transfer.

I didn't even know this shit was possible before yesterday lol

>Cutting out the content that a small fraction of the playerbase ever used
>In the first huge graphical leap the games have had since X&Y
>On top of new content like them straight up starting to do multiplayer that isn't just fighting each other or trading
I don't mind this being cut on the way to progress. The only real problem is that GF is too timid to take real steps forward so it's all halfsteps.

I mean, in a sense they have, just never in a first generation title.
Every remake they've made has had their dex limited to the region/generation. LGPE was literally just KANTOOOO and Meltan/Melmetal, with Meltan/Melmetal being literally gen 7 pokemon you couldn't bring to either version of Sun & Moon.
The problem seems to be that they're doing it to a mainline game for the first time AND they're expanding the limitation to have the pokemon in the region more curated.
It's too much change for these whiny faggots that always complain about the game never changing.

Glameow.

GF already admitted they don't care about Pokemon anymore and left it to team B, why do people still even buy this garbage?

It was the last good installment.

if 500 people kill themselves in Barcelona then what's stopping another 500
and another, and another, and another. untill barselona goes to shit
we give GameFreak and inch and they're gonna take a mile

Like only 30% of the mons are at all usable, most are novelty shit, they should at this point reboot the whole series and fix things, I can't believe they are still forced to add shit incenses for breeding because "duh in gen 2 Munchlax didn't exist"

lmao, you're the one having the autistic meltdown about a Pokemon thread

Play in traffic

Cut your fingers off, that's something different. Filtered

Because they will obviously use the unused models in later games you cretin

It's all about expectations user.

Fighting games generally don't set a precedent of including everyone and their mother for every entry. Pokemon has until now.

Because previous regional dexes didn't go over 300, stupid.

>meanwhile masuda outright confirms that there will never be another game will the whole dex
And? Now show me where he said that certain pokemon are never going to be in another game. I'll wait for you, but you'll never find it because that would be stupid as fuck

And of course, lastly
>trying to defend
NOPE. It's a laughably stupid decision, but you people thinking that they will forever delete any pokemon are equally as stupid.

As lazy, greedy, and incompetent as GF is, I never imagined they'd have the audacity to gut the National Dex.
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll bring it back in the Ultra S/M equivalent for Sword/Shield.

>weebposter

lol

Only because GSC had more content than RS

but there's more content sweetums, just because your dunsparce isnt in the game doesn't change that fact

Attached: smugjap.png (387x355, 289K)

From Kanto alone there is the hitmon line, kabuto and omanyte lines.

>nearly every new gen game since ruby and sapphire has done exactly this
>people still act surprised that game freak is incompetent or that mons will be missing for a while

>ok the game is crap but THEY WILL FIX IT I'M SURE
They already said they won't bring old pokemon.

>less content is more content
lol

Buddy fuck you, Ledian is one of the best looking pokemon of Gen 2

Not RS

National Dex is post game you fucking moron.

Man I enjoyed the hell out of gen 5 but the level reqs for some lines are straight retarded

Pokemon always had horrible gameplay and literally the only appeal of the series was looking at all the unique pokemon, what's left now that this is gone and they keep making less and less pokemon?

LGPE's size have a MASSIVE bloat in file size despite having far less pokemon data. Iwata isn't around to help them with compression, so GF's incompetence ensures they will have trouble fitting it for sword and shield.

>he thinks not including pokemon in one game means that they're being deleted forever
dilate and have sex

Kill yourself, zoomer

>the amount of content in a game hinges on dunsparce's presence

Attached: itsfunny.jpg (500x496, 273K)

And since RS, they made a point of keeping backwards compatibility going. You could take your Sceptile from Ruby and carry it all the way through to Ultra Sun. Guess making games is just too hard. :(

>it's okay now because maybe in the future it'll be different
The retardness of apologists has reached a new height.

Attached: kk.gif (245x280, 1.3M)

They are, this is the series' new direction, the best you can hope for is cameos of popular normalfag pokemons.

>There is people that will defend these robotic animations

Attached: 1560343441406.gif (294x235, 2.35M)

it doesn't matter if they're in the games, they can still merchandise them all they want.

The games are secondary to the merchandise

Attached: thegamesaresecondary.png (831x185, 11K)

I'm talking about Gen 8.

literally no one "catches them all" anymore

Wait so its literally impossible to catch them all? I mean it was in all the other ones but at least you could trade to get them from other games. This kinda sucks

They already had it cut in SM, but at least you could still import your old mons into the game. Now with that gone they essentially gutted the whole "gotta catch em all" aspect of the game.

>USUM let you use 807 Pokemon
>SwSh will let you use a few hundred at most
That's less content, shill.

Please point me to the exact quote where Masuda said this.

>I-It's FINE, THEY'LL HAVE ALL THE FAVORITES, NO SHITMON OR UNPOPULAR WILL BE IN
>Avalugg and Vanilluxe confirmed
>mfw

Besides, each Pokemon has tons of fans, and it's a kick in the face to all of them

Attached: maxresdefault-1.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Only two or so games let you trade and one allow for a compendium transfer(bullshit how Royal doesn't do it like FES, but I'm going off track), never set a precident of trading between entries being a main feature and the demons are built differently from pokemon (or even between games considering races, stat changes, fusions, skills).
Though I'm still sad about Apocalypse losing a lot of the toku designed demons from IV.

Pretty sure the people complaining about this haven't touch a Pokemon game since 2014.

>Because previous regional dexes didn't go over 300, stupid.
>meanwhile just one gen prior proves you wrong
>twice
I do hope they pay you for being this retarded.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-12 Regional Pokédex - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.png (509x211, 15K)

That was never an aspect in Japan

>the only content in a game is the amount of characters
epic epistemology fail!

Attached: wowstop.jpg (212x400, 117K)

>It's a gamefreak defender trying so hard to justify even more content removal from the series, AGAIN

Fuck off, people like you are why they keep doing this

It's not just too much change at once, it's that coupled with the half-steps you mentioned. They're going to omit an untold number of Pokémon for reasons that seem arbitrary at best.

Now, this is just my thoughts, but I think people would cope a bit more if the game slashed the roster in favor significantly improving animations and such in an attempt to bring the Pokemon to life more. That's mostly due to people living with current 'animations' due to normally being able to use Pokémon they've been using for most of their natural born life. Again these are just my ideas on the matter.

Not gonna say they look good, but honestly most RPG's do that shit with their generic cutscenes.
They're clearly putting a lot of effort into the more important cutscenes. The animations of the Gym leaders so far have been really good.
Generic animation for generic scenes is fine.

why the fuck do people care tho
i have hard time understand this
the whole point of new pokemon games is new pokemons, the core game is still the exact fucking same 25 years later

>corporate bootlicking
>tripfag
>/pol/ poster
Good lord man.

Yes. Dunsparce is content that has been part of the game since gen 2. No Dunsparce means less content. Literally

Oh my sweet summer child:

twitter.com/Jirachibi1000/status/1138627807754326021

>gen 1 - could catch them all
>gen 2 - could catch them all with some trading with gen 1
>gen 3 - could catch them all
>gen 4 - could catch them all as long as you migrated the Regi trio over
>gen 5 - could catch them all, with heavy migration and dream world necessary
>gen 6 - could catch them all
>gen 7- could catch them all, as long as you paid for Bank
>gen 8 - cannot catch them all by any means

Backwards compatibility is dumb. It discourages innovation and encourages autistic behavior.

Who legitimately takes time out of their life to catch every single pokémon? You'd have to shit your balls out just trying to get event only ones (victiny).

And it still gives you better rewards and incentives for collection than pokemon ever did.

So I assume you can see the future and already know when the old ones are back in? Pray tell me when Volcarona will make it back then?

>several games

EVERY game.

It is when battling with those characters is the *entire game*, lmao

>pokemon
>multi million dollar franchise
That's wrong you fucking retard.

They are a multi-(B)ILLION dollar franchise

RS still had those Pokémon in game files, and FR/LG were made specifically to bring Gen 1 Pokémon into Gen 3

Gen I: 151
Gen II: 251 (100 new)
Gen III: 386 (135 new)
Gen IV: 493 (107 new)
Gen V: 649 (156 new)
Gen VI: 721 (72 new)
Gen VII: 802 (81 new)
Gen VIII: 12

Attached: 1530460794559.jpg (530x492, 36K)

Again, please point me to the quote where Masuda said that mons not included in SWSH will never be used in future games again.

I want to cum inside her

And let's not forget how many of those pokemon aren't fully evolved making discussion about balance pointless with the possible exception of the ones which benefit from eviolite.

Not even true. In fact, DPPt had a lot of fun shit happen when you had a gen 3 cartridge in.
>new wild Pokemon from the inserted game would show up
>events hinged on whether or not you had a given transferred Pokemon
>you could get all sorts of special items from certain NPCs

Looking at this thread, is there a single person who thinks this is a good thing and isn't a shitposting baiter?

my favorite part was when they blamed there being no national dex on balancing for competitive fags.

>who fucking cares

The outcry was huge then too moron, at least there was a genuine technical reason then.

But you guys, Nessa......

Attached: IMG_20190612_093502.jpg (1000x1500, 129K)

It’s not like you’re actually using all 800 Pokemon in your living dex to battle in every game. All but 6-10 of them are just sitting in a box rotting anyway, whats the difference if the box they’re rotting in is on Home in the cloud now?

Kek

Does GF have furry devs or what?

>says they will only include those who will fit in regions
>somehow that means that every single one will be represented in the future
>it's utterly incomprehensible that someone as lazy as gamefreak will only take the popular ones into account
Keep eating shit, someone as dumb as you donesn't deserve any better.

>video game board full of gamers who enjoy playing video games

You people have zero self awareness, have you ever looked at a woman and not made her uncomfortable? Genuine question.

But when RS came out, those pokemon were essentially unavailable without hacking. It was entirely later support that allowed you to bring missing pokemon into RS, and you still couldn't transfer from RBY or GSC.
It's obvious that later games, probably in the same generation, will have the missing pokemon so that you can play a game with your favorite shitmon.

The closest times Pokémon came to dying was when they pulled similar stunts (RS and BW respectively). Except that in RS it was justified by overhauling the data structure of mons and in BW it was a gimmick limited to the main campaign. Here it is a permanent direction change that seems justified by what is nothing else than laziness and incompetence. I don't know how much it will impact sales(it WILL), but it is amazing that their arrogance allowed them to do the single thing that would have made the loyal reddit and twitter crowd turn on them.

My favorite part is they say this and then bring over stupid broken Pokemon that have no counter anymore. Like fucking Togakiss is in the game with out anything to counter or stop it anymore

They should just lower the count to 150~ good pokemon then.

The series was ALWAYS about collecting them, don't be fucking stupid, that was LITERALLY the concept from the get go, regardless of the slogan

>balance
>game for 4 year olds

what? pokemon has no balance, the fuck are you on about

Again, point to the quote where Masuda said that mons missing in SWSH are gone forever.

>those pokemon were essentially unavailable without hacking
But they were still *in the game*. That is not the case with Sword and Shield.

This can't be real.

They were "in the game" but they were completely unavailable. It's functionally the same thing.

>Like the Pokemon you have been transfering since RSE?
>Too bad if they got dusted
>Like any species not found in Galar?
>Too bad
>Want to chain breed moves to a Pokemon for a unique set?
>Too bad if they are not in SWSH
>Want to play in PU, NU, RU, or just use certain Pokemon?
>Sorry, but those tiers will be gutted of several Pokemon you want to use, and will be a glorified top tiers with NFEs
>Want to complete the only challenging part of Pokemon, but completing the Dex
>Too bad

They shouldn't have made FRLG at all. Instead of remakes, there should be more multiregional games like GSC or games which revisit the old regions but are set in different times, past or future.

People claim this is for balance, but no balance will be even worst with some of the already confirmed Pokemon in the game being left unchecked with no counter anymore. This isn't balance at all and people saying this are fucking stupid.

Attached: 1440056703677.png (385x350, 135K)

This game hasn’t been balanced since gen 1...

Reminder that temtem is a fucking unfished indie game and still looks better than every official pokemon game from the past decade. Also on PC.
youtube.com/watch?v=1V0X31Ncwcg

Attached: 1540840010298.jpg (260x252, 17K)

asking Yea Forums to raid

pathetic

Basically, Iwata should have been permanently assigned to GF so that would even be possible.

>No Ditto confimred
Get fucked breedingfag. I hope you have fun breeding Pokemon without Ditto being in the game.

Attached: 1424289444215.jpg (551x600, 107K)

Not him, but it's not. Now when they inevitably release the second wave of gen 8 games, they'll either exclude those pokemon again to match SS or trading will be heavily restricted. RS could still trade with FRLG freely.

It's not, because you could get Sneasel in LeafGreen and trade it over to Ruby and use it just fine.
SwSh aren't going to have code for Pokemon that aren't in the game, so if Sw2Sh2 gives you Swinub and SwSh doesn't have Swinub, you can't bring it back.

Attached: fairy.jpg (952x796, 269K)

How many pokemon fall into the unusable category? The franchise needs a purge at this point. It's way past bloated. I don't need 8 gens worth of route 1 pokemon.

Not when RS were first released.

limiting the number of Pokémon you can acquire to a small amount would be fine if they were perfectly balanced for the world and gameplay. too bad gamefreak is too incompetent to do even that.

Functionally the same thing for a limited time, with the groundwork laid to include everything later

Vs

Deliberately cutting them and saying you aren’t gonna fix it cuz you don’t feel like doing the work

old people.

The multi-cartridge stuff is neat, I agree, and it's not dependent on backwards compatibility. Possible trademark concerns aside, the same kind of easter eggs could have been programmed in for carts from any other game.

Any examples?

>No Ditto confimred
>implying they'd lose out on complete kantopandering

They're all usable if you're not some autistic compfag.

When RS were first released without any of the other Gen 3 games, could you get a Sneasel in RS through any legal means?

Still doesn't mean you should block people from transfering after years of consistency.

Nope, get fucked on Gne1mon people care about.

They did in RS

Gen 4 is where I realized they had run out of ideas completely when they had so many gen 1 related evolutions. The biggest joke was the Alola forms they shouldnt have even bothered making a game at that point. I would have respected them more if they flatout said "we dont care about pokemon anymore and we will continue to make spinoff and baby-tier games for our younger fans. We didnt expect to get this far but as of lately we have run out of ideas and interest thanks for understanding."

I saw the first warning signs when Firered and Leafgreen were made. The series was just stagnant and we waited awhile for a 4th gen only to have so many rehashed designs from 1st gen. Then they made black&white2 and it was just stupid.

I agree with this.

This except there are some exceptions.
Carnivine you piece of shit I wanted you to be remotely useful

>None of my favorites have been cut so far
Sucks for you other guys I guess.

>but I don't see why not having literally every single Pokemon to date is such a big deal
until USUM you can have all mons in one game, even if they doesn't have dex number, but in SS (inb4) you outright can't transfer it

Only to never do that again until now. Not even a issue of data transfering.

They're going to put in all 151 Kantomons, every Shillmon, and a few new Galarmon into this game. They will never miss out on an opportunity to get more KANTOOOOOOObux whenver they can.

Attached: KANTOOOO.png (219x231, 6K)

>Alola forms are bad
Okay most of them ended up being shit but
>having a different form available as a way to rework older pokes and make them useable is a bad idea
You’re retarded

He's not denying that you couldn't get Sneasel on release of Gen 3, he's highlighting that there was express intent to include them in the game, and that was realized upon the release of FR/LG.

Irrelevant. Ruby and Sapphire were designed to be forward-compatible, Sword and Shield are not. As you can see, I have a Sneasel in Pokemon Box - Ruby and Sapphire.

1: All Pokemon were still obtainable, in that generation, and usable in RS.
2: They made a point of never severing compatibility again, even when shit got really retarded when going from gen 4 to 5.

Attached: GPXE01-32.png (1920x1060, 2.17M)

>Let the region feel like a new region
They've done that before without leaving cutting official data out of the whole game.

Attached: 1551993340334.jpg (1500x700, 355K)

>gen 3 could catch them all assuming you had colosseum's bonus disc

No Pokémon game ever has every Pokémon available but at least we were able to transfer them. GameFreak already made the models and animations for every single Pokémon, they're just reusing them from X, Y, Sun & Moon. The fact that they are doing this is just incredible laziness from GameFreak. And the fact that they won't even patch it in the future means that the sequel games will show having all Pokémon as a feature.

Attached: dog_61.png (970x705, 697K)

>moving goalposts this hard

Mythicals have never counted for completion.

I didn't move any goalpost. You just don't seem to have understood what I was saying in the first place. I'm sorry.

>favorite isn't genwun, furbait, or competitively viable
not gonna make it

Attached: 250px-225Delibird.png (250x250, 51K)

>you could always catch em all before!
>at the beginning of the third gen you couldn't catch certain pokemon until later support came
>b-but you could with later support!

doggo :3

>We can stop them from killing the series

The series has been dead for years now user

This is the same series that created Stealth Rock. Balance isn't even remotely on the menu.

Why are there people defending this? I'm lucky enough that my favorite is decently popular so it'll probably be available, but what if someone's favorite is something like fucking Jynx or Porygon? This is fucking ridiculous, and the fact that some people are defending it is stupid.
Yea Forums is full of contrarians, but this is something you should NOT be defending, regardless of how contrarian you are.

Because it was going to happen eventually, no other monster collecting series with so many different mons includes their full roster in every game.
Nobody complains when SMT and Digimon does it for years.

>tfw my favorite's dead
I will not buy.

Attached: 250px-324Torkoal.png (250x250, 68K)

even worse, they made a pokecloud equivalent (pokemon house) FOR THIS FUCKING GENERATION, FOR GOD FORSAKEN MUDMEN AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1559092482007.png (636x363, 166K)

I legitimately cannot understand those percentages.

So heres a rational explanation from someone whos not a pokemon autist.

Basically, old games used to let you bring in pokemon from other games once you reached the 75% mark through the game. Some /vp/ autists and man children grew attached to literal pixels and began taking them from game to game. Only to stomp the elite 4 and win and pretend like they did something meaningful.

This new game, doesn't allow you to do that, as not every pokemon has a 3d model, and they didn't want to model 900+ pokemon models, so they just didn't do it.

Now if your a rational pokemon fan, this isn't a big deal and the bigger deal is that the game itself looks like ass.
But if your a /vp/ autist like the many who have replied to you using "feelings" instead of thinking rationally, of course this is a big deal.

However, you need to remember that Pokemon's market isn't towards the 30 year old manchild living in his mothers house who remembers Gen 1, it's marketed towards literal kids who don't give a single fuck about any of this.

Why are people defending game freak so hard?

It's different because it's been a selling point since the series' inception, and they even unveiled a new software to transfer your Pokemon from the handheld game to consoles, but you can't put those Pokemon into Sword and Shield because they're lazy.

IT'S NOT FAIR
WE DESERVE A SLOT

Attached: file.png (394x488, 173K)

change competitively viable for made by the gaijin

I guess they're encounter rates in the wild

>The outcry
A few crying trannys on twitter doesn't mean shit.

Go dilate.

Really? Barnacles, I've been had. I gave up trying to 100% White because I thought I needed Victini. Fucking shit.

Sorry, had to make room for this thing

Attached: 1srcdp2g3s331.jpg (561x526, 32K)

>not every pokemon has a 3d model
False. They've been modeled using high-quality models since X and Y. Keep eating shit, dumbass.

You retard. Ditto is part of the original 151 pokemon. They are all in.

>>you could always catch em all before!
He never said that to begin with.

>mega fug exists
Yeah, they sure care about balance, based retard.

The Pokemon isn't deleted forever, they'll be back in some later game. I don't think it's an amazingly positive thing, but it's not a catastrophe either.

What a fucking shit-eater you are. Does it feel fun slurping up Game Freak's cum?

Grass knot

Is there a list of who's in and who's not?

Honestly they should scrap those models and go back to making new ones every generation.

>it's been a selling point since the series' inception
not in Japan.

Nope, need to cute the fat user. Only the cool well like from Gen 1 will be in.

OH NO NONO NO

Attached: 3100019393.jpg (360x360, 8K)

Yes, but if you're making people pay for a cloud service to bring Pokemon into Gen 8, then allow them to put Pokemon into Sword and Shield. I'm not sure why it's even something they're trying to keep us from doing.

I think this is current.

The issue isn't with the severity of the situation itself, rather that gf did this and gave a half assed excuse when they've had several years now to prevent a scenario like this.

That's why you get a certificate in each game for catching every single Pokemon, right?

Got shot. Right up there in tick-tock clock.

>Defending
People don't care. Lots of pokemon overlap in niches or gimmics. The only thing a pokemon has going for it is its design, and some people are just not that attached to pixels.

I legit believe they got the data that shows like 0.5% of their fanbase has caught them all and just said fuck it.

You keep repeating this, but wheres your fucking source.

Shouldn't you be complaining for the cloud service to be free then instead

Attached: 1560357215946.jpg (1056x1200, 248K)

>Only been the president of Nintendo USA for 2 months
>Game Freak pulls this
>Have to now deal with all of the backlash
The look on this man's face when they announced this and he was sitting right besides the Game Freak director says it all.

Attached: 1560341464991.png (853x480, 288K)

>as not every pokemon has a 3d model
but every mon have one, heck they even made every mon with high count polygons in order to reuse it in future statements, the thing that don't want to do is more animations

Attached: 1560143040971.jpg (1276x720, 56K)

Wait a sec, can you not transfer pokémon from Sun and Moon into this?

>not even Abra
Why do people keep saying gen 1 is guaranteed?

I seriously dont understand the fuss surrounding this. I literally heard them say all 800 pokemon are in the game. So that'd mean you'd just have to catch them all over again.

>It's different because it's been a selling point since the series' inception
You're still catching them all, you don't catch Pokemon outside of the national dex in the first place

The fact that they've used the same fucking 3D models since X and Y, and just upped the quality of them because of system power. They were insanely high quality for the 3DS, and that's why the game lagged so fucking much.

>using SWSH over SNS
how the fuck do you even pronounce SWSH?

Again, ya'll keep repeating the same shit, but wheres your sources that they do in fact, have every pokemon modeled and locked away in some secret t-pose vault?

Oh yeah user a half-assed ingame certificate acknowledging your autism is a massive incentive.
You get better rewards for completing the Compendium in SMT games but according to you those games aren't about collection.

Ohmori waifufagging probabily

The best pokemon game has already been made. Why do you incels care about a new release? Also,

Have sex

If they aren't available in Galar, then you can't transfer them.

You can, but through Bank.

Game Freak is shit. That being said, 'gotta catch them all' was just a meme tag-line from the anime.

Now you can't get a shit ton of them even WITH hacking, you literal retard. What's so fucking hard to understand here?

>t. has never played a Pokemon game for the last 8 years

You could catch them all within a given generation, yes. And they were fully implemented within said generation, yes.

The difference is previously, the foundation for later support was there and visible. Now, the director has come out and flat out said they aren’t going to support it

Who's the scitzo that wrote this code?

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? They use the same models.

They are about collecting as well, but they've never created software to transfer your demons from game to game, including a new one they revealed like two fucking weeks ago before saying you can't bring your old Pokemon into Sword and Shield, but totally pay for this cloud service to keep them there anyway just in case they're some of the lucky few added to Gen 8.

So, Pokemon Home just ... renders the majority of your own Pokemon unusable? Can't transport them forward or back? You just pay and it bricks your Pokemon

SNS is a popular term already.

>weebs
>gamers
why you are here in the first place?

>it's utterly incomprehensible that someone as lazy as gamefreak will only take the popular ones into account
reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, right?
Not that it surprises me anymore.