Why does the new Animal Crossing game look so soulless?

Why does the new Animal Crossing game look so soulless?

Attached: 1560344274359.png (1068x575, 835K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n-McRVucI9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=858bJn1zEZI
youtube.com/watch?v=1dKgdUeuLCU
vocaroo.com/i/s0Uwyih6ryKI
i.imgur.com/mC76SUw.jpg
twitter.com/AlbixanAD/status/1138826046105632768
imgur.com/a/58Qev47
youtu.be/RrD9ptfF0iQ
youtu.be/AoRWzSCCsGA
strawpoll.com/8w1hga4h
strawpoll.com/aw3sp9g6
vocaroo.com/i/s0q5cFSDcJnC
dolphin-emu.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>bloom
>depth of field
>weak shading
>glossy textures

Did someone trick you into watching footage of Mario Kart? This is the new Animal Crossing:
youtube.com/watch?v=n-McRVucI9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=858bJn1zEZI
Certified soul.

it looks comfy and you're just looking for something to set off the nintendies

Attached: 1560059426621.jpg (247x247, 18K)

Because Yea Forums likes to agree with negativity

Looks fine to me.

He's got a cute belly

Looks great, you are just projecting your negative outlook on life into videogames.

Attached: 1559779719037.jpg (250x245, 5K)

youtube.com/watch?v=1dKgdUeuLCU
>even the most diehard AC fans had a weak initial reaction

Certified shill.

Why do games look so washed out these days?

I'm just disappointed that the human PC still looks so creepy. I was really hoping they'd let us play as a cute animal this time around.

Looks exactly like New Leaf

Why is Tom Nook so fat?

hes the 1% of the AC world

why do you go out of your way to hate things that you weren't going to buy anyway

>caring about what some emojifag YouTube reactionnigger thinks about anything
>implying I'm going to click that link

he's on the lamb for tax evasion

>some youtube guy that no one has heard of
woah..

To appeal to me.

Post her feet

vocaroo.com/i/s0Uwyih6ryKI

your crazy its full of soul. looks so adorable and clean im sold on it gotta get a switch again when this is out

So it's like Minecraft, but permanently in peaceful mode?

I feel like Nintendo has been slipping in the presentation department. Their UI's and visual styles have been kind of bland since the switch in general. The minimalistic style they have going with the switch UI and well as BotW and Odyssey, the new Mario Party looking as bland as can be, the LA remake. Something is definitely different

I miss 6th gen where everything was colorful and expressive as fuck, even if it was a little corny

unironically it's the colors, looks too much like pocket camp

Because you're older

No, it's like Animal Crossing with added resources.

Here’s a quick refresher into the gamer dictionary:-

>Soul
Refers to games that gamers like because they’re old and grew up with it.
>Soulless
Refers to games that gamers don’t like because they’re new and didn’t grow up with it.

Hope this helps. :)

I want a tshirt like him

Attached: 1515778881294.jpg (600x800, 74K)

That can't be it. Splatoon felt like the definition of 'soul' and I was what, 26 when the first came out. Its not an age thing at all

I really like the "Your own Deserted island" idea. Probably gonna be a day 1 buy for me just for that.

I was going to buy it if it looked good. But it doesn't, so I'm not.

Here's an actual definition for your shitposting ass:
>Soul
making money to make games
>Soulless
making games to make money

This is exactly what I caught onto as well. They've stopped giving their games unique presentation in favor of homogenizing them.
I'll wait and see how I feel about New Horizons, but I can understand that they felt they couldn't do much more after New Leaf without completely starting over.

I agree, it does look weirdly lifeless. Kind of like what happened with Harvest Moon Light of Hope

That's a pretty good definition. I accept this new reality.

Attached: 62b.png (3000x2853, 2.61M)

>>depth of field
>>glossy textures
These actually work pretty well. Especially cloth textures don't look glossy at all. Just the hair

It looks exactly the same as the gamecube game. I'll just play that one instead.

>making games to make money

You do realize that everybody makes gamers to make money right?

You just got an acute case of

>Old
Soul
>New
Soulless

Lack of detail and use of shaders to substitute detail are the hallmarks of a unity designer and a lot of unity games are totally soulless because of this.

the new AC game is basically a shitty unity game

Bloom
The removal of the shapes on the grass.

>looks like new leaf

If NL had all the life sucked out of is maybe.

Attached: 550w_gaming_animalcrossing_11.jpg (550x330, 48K)

>it’s bad when for-profit videogame companies make videogames to acquire profit under capitalism!
But that’s what they exist for, don’t they?
If you don’t want them to make videogames for money, shouldn’t you advocate for a system in which monetary values and the necessity to acquire them are nullified?

Attached: 1719822C-845A-4807-B43A-7B7E84CF46E7.jpg (500x375, 14K)

You can do both.

>exactly the same as the gamecube

So you've never played or seen the GC AC, gotcha.

Attached: onvvcu4zmqgbp27tzamd.png (800x450, 587K)

the fuck are you talking about?

Attached: AC-1.png (1259x710, 1.78M)

soul
soulless

At least it looks better than Amiibo festival

sure you were, nigga

fun!

Attached: D81-boHUEAAQ8Ay.jpg (986x783, 89K)

I've been playing Pocket Camp three to five times a day for over half a year and I think that one looks better than this version. The bloom doesn't look very nice and the simple textures make the look game feel empty as opposed to clean. Same goes for the UI. Even the GameCube version had those cute homely dotted patterns, here it's just a single color. Also ROLLING LOG

Legitimately I was. I was hoping for a vastly improved Animal Crossing title after I bought New Leaf on the 3ds. I didn't get that.

Is it weird that I'm kind of happy about the delay? I would rather start my town in the early spring than in late autumn/early winter.

daily reminder

Attached: autism.png (529x485, 644K)

Wtf are you on, this is one of the most soulful games in recent age

They need circle shadows instead of the realistic ones.

Tom (((Nook)))

delete this

Look at that fucking dreamy sky gradiant and the murky teal color of the sea and tell me that doesn't ooze Soul. Reminds me of playing windwaker when morning breaks and the water changes color

would it look better with a color tweak

Attached: 1560358340536.png (1259x710, 1.72M)

Pic related

Attached: CBCDDB53-6FD6-4D5B-A40F-6431BFEA773C.jpg (1200x800, 148K)

For the first time I actually agree with this gay soulless meme.

explain

It's the newest game in the franchise. Once a few more come out it will have soul

I dont know about you guys but i find tropical island settings to be quite comfy

Attached: comfy.gif (498x262, 970K)

Also, backyards

Attached: 85DA5FA0-7DE1-4F06-A0E7-7A51B0B459D9.jpg (706x252, 48K)

How many resets did you do?

Attached: 1497124818414.png (698x376, 336K)

Yes

of course it would

>NL
Grass looks like puke, everything has this gross sheen to it that makes it look plastic
>NH
Grass actually looks like it has some texture to it, the rim lighting doesn't look like fucking shit, the weeds look amazing I won't even pluck them

New Horizons blows New Leaf out of the water in terms of visuals, this isn't even a contest. Pic related has more "soul" than the entirety of NL combined

Attached: acnh-outdoor-furniture.jpg (690x388, 52K)

The E3 versions of games, especially Switch games, always look worse. Odyssey also had a similar amount of extra bloom/lack of shaders. Considering the delay, it'd be retarded to think it'll look the same on launch.

I'd actually play that. Makes me think of don't starve. Fuck I'd actually play an animal crossing x Don't starve game.

Attached: 1534717323753.png (540x494, 43K)

This will be less impressive in the new game.

Boy eats

And its still nearly a year from release, the visuals will undoubtedly improve.

Stop you'll trigger the brainlets

>Horrible lighting
>Grass textures practically replaced with semi realistic grass one
>No water textures
>Weirdly bad looking gloss
Come on now

They know people will still buy their games anyways.

According to your definition YIIK was full of Soul because the creator make it because he wanted to expand the “art of video games” rather than make a blockbuster success.

It's bumming me out how negative retards are about this game. I'm genuinely excited for it, it seems like there's a lot more they've yet to show.
The only fair complaints so far are the graphics (which will almost certainly be improved by launch), and Timmy selling you shit through a menu rather than a physical store. The actual shop buildings should change this, though.
Anything else is just oblivious pessimism.

idgi

I prefer cute coastal European towns, but feels like I don't get a choice now

What is your fucking point you goddamn anus?

Attached: 1469628777608.gif (360x270, 470K)

How the fuck is that even possible?

Planning carefully when bringing each new villager.
Then resetting. A lot of it.

Tanuki are always portrayed as fat and doing tricks to get money and avoid paying, in folklore they're believed to make leaves appear as items such as food or money and may trick people into giving them to people for real items or money, they're also shown to beat their belly like a drum as a symbol of happiness and pride (see Link's Awakening remake trailer with the tanuki beating his belly as a clear example)

Attached: 210px-Tanikoon.jpg (210x188, 8K)

intense autism

I don't know why people are worried about there not being any shops. You're supposed to be on a deserted island so obviously nothing will be there. Clearly the game's going to be all about starting from scratch which is why there's crafting now

Save file editor. He most likely reset the start of the game 10 billion times like and autistic shiny hunter in Pokémon until he got a “perfect” town layout. Then popped his Sd card into his computer and edited the file to have the max sized tree, all the neighbors he wanted in all the locations he wanted, his favorite town fruit and half a dozen perfect fruit trees of every other kind.

When you create a new game in Animal crossin new leaf, you are given a randomly generated town. Usually the setting is not very optimal to get to do your everyday stroll through the town and do your everyday chores, making you take seemingly useless detour and will have you backtrack quite a bit. People who want to be pratical will reset their save to get a more optimal layout.
The set up in the pic is actually an ideal, if not a perfect set up, but you'll usually get something way worse than that. it implies that the guy probably reset a LOT of times to get that set-up, or was just incredibly lucky.

>in folklore they're believed to make leaves appear as items such as food or money
Huh, that explains why in AC all furniture appears as leaves unless placed in a home

rim lighting isn't bloom.

>vastly improved
Because you were able to see everything the game had to offer when they showed it, right?

Because the previous AC games all looked bad.

>mfw people actually defend a game having N64 models for four gens

As a kid?
I'd absolutely hate it compared to the glorious Gamecube days.
As an adult though?
I'd...actually enjoy making the environment from scratch quite a bit. On an island no less. No more are the days when I had my massive mansion, gold statue, and museum additions while going straight to the store every day for new furniture.
Nah. All I need is a cottage and a hammock overlooking the beach. Fuck everything else.
That being said though I understand why fans would hate on it. Cause there's enough minecraft sandbox games on the market as is.
But at least they're doing it the Animal Crossing way.

Attached: Lol.png (1050x618, 320K)

The issues people have with the game are from such stupid assumptions.
>Miles are going to be microtransactions, even though they serve the same purpose as MEOW Coupons
>Crafting will be as cancerous as it is in Pocket Leaf, even though we know there won't be a timer and crafting recipes seem sane
>The entire island will be flat and empty forever even though we've seen hills and it's already been confirmed that shops will come to the island over time
>The game is going to look the same as it does this E3 even though every Switch game has improved visually from its E3 showcase and New Leaf especially looked much worse at E3 than it did at launch

You better shut up kid, those N64 models had SOUL

There's a difference between shitting out the next instalment of a popular serie (Looking at you Pokemon/call of duty) and an actual project people put a lot of effort in (Witcher 3comes to mine. I didn't even play the game because PC is a toaster and I only have a switch, but the story on the development of this game and the few things I saw from trailers, video and me backseat gaming with a friend really gave me a good vibe about the game.

Both wants your money, but one of them seem a lot more deserved than the other.

I think we only saw the bare minimum of what the game has to offer. I'd encouage people to reserve judgement until the we get more info. I have faith in the Splatoon team.

Shitty human beings also have souls. A soul can be broken or corrupt.
Just because a game has souls, doesnt mean it's a good soul.

I think it would look good if nintendo got rid of the rim shading. I don’t know why they add that to every game now.

Why are people so angry at the concept of someone not liking what they saw?

>rolling log world
>No hills or cliffs or anything geographically diverse
>Doesn't try to innovate in any meaningful way

why the fuck does Nook get to charge you for an island and then live on your island for free and sell stuff in a store on your island again without providing you a cut? is there any character more jewish than Nook

I see a rolling log world. I see a flat geographical plot of land that is literally no bigger than New Leaf as they admitted. The only thing it innovates is by adding crafting and placing objects outside of a house.

>t.ningoydo fanboi the post

Fun fact is, you're the one comming to him for stuff. That immense debt you're in? YOU did this to yourself.

Why is it only video game fans that can't tell the difference between a passion project and a soulless product? Music fans, film fans, even television fans can clearly see the difference. What makes video game fans so much lesser?

>no cliffs

Attached: Animal Crossing - New Horizons - Nintendo Switch Trailer - Nintendo E3 2019-_3YNL0OWio0.mp4_snapshot (1920x1080, 1.09M)

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the trailer for the new game

>rolling log world
I'll admit, I don't like the log. That's a strong complaint.
>No hills or cliffs or anything geographically diverse
It seems pretty likely that terraforming will be a thing, considering there isn't a proper lake.
Also, there are hills/cliffs. They're small, but there is geographical diversity, they just haven't shown it at the treehouse yet.
>Doesn't try to innovate
>Adding a crafting/resources system B-B-BUT MINECRAFT DID IT SO ITS BAD!!!
It seems pretty clear they're trying to innovate. It's obvious we don't know all the information yet.

I'm still failing to see why you're expecting big leaps of ambition and innovation from an Animal Crossing game.

I'm a sucker for the deserted island trope, Nintendo or not. Favorite video game is don't starve, favorite board game is Robinson Crusoe. If me liking that iteration of animal crossing makes me a nintendo fanboy in your eyes, then your classifying habits are faulty at best.

Attached: 1549383936009.gif (158x132, 27K)

the series hasnt had "soul" since the Gamecube. Dobitsu no Mori e+ was the absolute peak of the series.

Attached: animal crossing mk8.jpg (3555x2000, 854K)

This shit has to be bait. This looks like the best Animal Crossing yet

I’ll get it, I loved the game when I was younger

Because why wouldn't there be? Why shouldn't someone expect something to be better than the last title?

soul

>mfw we'll never have an Animal Crossing game that looks this good

Attached: 608.jpg (709x765, 72K)

I’m happy they decided to delay this, and it’s a relief that Mario Tennis Aces, Super Mario Party, and Kirby Star Allies aren’t going to be the norm anymore, I think they learned that it just doesn’t work.

Attached: 4C074093-F208-4074-A07E-ADDA3752238A.png (196x197, 34K)

Ugh.... What could have been...

I said "big leaps". Animal Crossing has fundamentally been the same game since the Gamecube. With some added features with every new release. City Folk was almost identical to Wild World. It's not like this is anything new.

Luigi’s Mansion looks pretty fantastic though.

My interest is piqued. How big is this map in comparison to GCN's?

>Doesn't try to innovate in any meaningful way
Seems to be doing things pretty damn differently from what we’ve seen, the crafting seems pretty robust.

this

That player character outfit is unironically boomer incarnate, holy fuck.

Some anons did a rough estimate last night.

Attached: acnh_islandsize_nooks.png (1580x1112, 1.16M)

I will never understand the fags that hate on the rolling log autistically even though it's been in every game except the first one by now, and I played the first one.

>almost as big
Why can't they make it three or four times as big at this point?

>Beating their stomachs like drums
You mean using their giant testicles as bongo drums

Yea Forums has taught you that anything that looks different than a game from 15 years ago is soulless

>it been there a few time so it good
Great argument, retard. The acre system is just plain better from an atmospheric perspective and a game design perspective.

GCbabs expect that every sequel to a game on their console should be the exact same. Luigi’s Mansion has the same type of fans.

>New stuff BAD!

Hopefully you can expand the island or buy access to a second. We shall see though.

>bad stuff GOOD!

because I wanted camera controls and not just a flat angle again

its still there friend

MAXIMUM COMFY

You guys are nuts. It looks fantastic.

Attached: 1552762144935.png (1920x1080, 2.15M)

>animal crossing with scavenging and crafting mechanics

I’m ashamed I’m looking forward to it, but I’m still looking forward to it. I like the idea of hand crafting the town and making it look nice.

It just looks polished. There's a difference between having "soul" and looking like fucking Rogue Corps.

>a full year and a half until we get to experience this for ourselves
FUCK AUSSIES IT'S NOT FAIR

how can you play japanese video games and post on an anime forum for this long and just now realize this

im not so sure you have, otherwise ypu'd be more than happy moving away from that grindfest friend

I don't care, Tom looks cute. I didn't like that stuffy sweater.

Attached: D8z6mB-V4AEoiPi.jpg (1638x2048, 492K)

Jesus that looks comfy

This.
>shitty graphics = soul
While I admire the older aesthetic, I don't understand how people can expect new technology to not be utilized.

Attached: 1541040851698.png (1920x1080, 2.57M)

>see Link's Awakening remake trailer with the tanuki beating his belly as a clear example
I actually thought that was them reinterpreting the way everyone moved in the original.

Actually, can somebody spoonfeed some screenshots from Rogue Corps and show people what "soul" looks like? Too lazy to get them myself

Because you have no soul.

You haven't played the AC on GC lately, I can tell. So much for accusing me of not having an argument, there is nothing to argue, but let me oblige you:

>Retarded screen panning motion for EVERY single acre transition
>Everything looks flat and not engaging from an overhead view
>can't see the sky so now you rely on shadows and puddle reflections

Your nostalgia is misplaced and there is a reason they changed it fucko. But go ahead, I'm sure they will change it in the next entry that comes in 9 more years if you bitch and moan hard enough.

Awful

Fuck I want this game so bad right now. I have such an itch for this style of game in my life.

I've been burned too many times by Animal Crossing. If they add enough significant changes to this one I'll buy a Switch. Otherwise they can fuck off for toying with my emotions.

No, their testicles (金玉 literally "golden balls") are considered good luck when rubbed by travellers, that's why statues that show them enlarged are often rubbed by people as a believe of good luck, kind of like how white people who know nothing of Buddhism like to scratch fat Buddha's belly for good luck

Attached: japan.jpg (800x600, 134K)

>who cares if the artstyle is hot shit straight out of a dog's ass, look at how desaturated the colors are and how many polygons the models have!

I just don't like the shadows. Realistic shadows like that just don't match the art style at all, and the perspective they're at just makes everything seem fake. Like the game is a diorama. The simple round shadows under each character and object was a lot more natural for the style. It looks great otherwise and I'm excited for it.

>burned by animal crossing
>basically the exact same game since GCN

explain

Nah.

Attached: 1555116131514.png (1920x1080, 2.42M)

Terrible

I was impressed with the way it looks.

>You can pocket trees
Legit surprised me

Sometimes you just don't question things.
For me, my childhood brain just thought "oh, they're animals, so stuff like giant leafs are like furniture to them."

You're actually fucking delusional. Why are you purposely being contrarian?

>ANYONE WHO DISAGREE WITH ME BAD
>ANYTHING THAT CONFORMS TO MY OPINIONS GOOD

I'm allowed to have my own opinions dipshit. I think it looks like shit.

>Retarded screen panning motion for EVERY single acre transition
Obviously wouldn't be an issue on modern hardware. Acres can still be in effect.
>Everything looks flat and not engaging from an overhead view
Opinion but also wrong.
>can't see the sky so now you rely on shadows and puddle reflections
And that's great. It sells the more mysterious atmosphere and the great shadows leave more of an impression than a bland horizon and a useless sky.
>Your nostalgia is misplaced
Says the guy that's obviously just nostalgic for City Folk.

>citing some rando youtuber
even then
>implying all youtubers are the fucking scream-your-head-off reactors that the kiddies are into

meant for

He's not fat.

i.imgur.com/mC76SUw.jpg is fat

Attached: Untitled.png (507x362, 365K)

I mean... you just explained it. It's barely changed between iterations but I fall for it every time. GC to DS was good. They added all the clothing customization stuff. DS to Wii added the city, which moved all the random villagers to one place but otherwise didn't add anything new. Wii to 3DS added you being the mayor, but that didn't amount to much in the end, so it added nothing.

I loved playing the GC one and they've barely updated since then. I want this one to blow my mind away but I'm not going to pay to find out.

>looks cheap and plasticky
>everything has that ugly white aura
>desaturated colors

cringe barafag

God I hope you can make a wheat field. I will go out of my way to cover at least one corner of the map in that shit.

Alright, then your opinion is wrong because it looks the same as any other Animal Crossing, with higher resolution.

>grr how dare you dislike something I like >:(
Holy shit, not everybody disliking this game is trolling you autists.

Attached: 1424824120422.png (1024x740, 438K)

Nook is a small tanuki. He's cute in a wholesome way. Stay seething that your Lightning- I mean "mascot" was tossed aside, furfag.

Carry on seething then, it still looks like complete garbage.

it always was
go back to Harvest Moon 64

You're talking about a screenshot.
>AAAAA IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT
I would love to see other things that you consider shit, because your definition is fucked.

This was pretty surprising too. I wonder if you can only do it at designated spots like this or if you can go over any river. It'd be great not having to wind around to a bridge every time.

Attached: 1551813495885.png (1920x1080, 2.39M)

Not even that user, you're just autistic for being unable to comprehend somebody having different taste.

Is isabelle still in the game??

Attached: 1559848104674.jpg (480x960, 27K)

>why the fuck does Nook get to charge you for an island and then live on your island for free and sell stuff in a store on your island again without providing you a cut? is there any character more jewish than Nook

That sounds like how Israel was established.

I think a lot of people are jumping the gun when we're looking at a very small part of a game that won't be completed until next year. To me, so far, it looks really cozy. Building up an island to a bustling little village sounds great. Collecting materials and crafting sounds like fun. I have a feeling the game is a lot bigger than we know and I'm looking forward to more information in the future.

Attached: 1470072220306.jpg (480x480, 34K)

Yes.

Attached: Screen_Shot_20190611_at_9.53.09_PM.png (1039x478, 386K)

>Obviously wouldn't be an issue on modern hardware. Acres can still be in effect.
So you're proposing AC devolves into the LA remake. Fantastic. Nostalgic boomers didn't know jackshit about development, and they sure as shit still don't 20 years later.
>Opinion but also wrong.
Nostalgia clouds your eyes. If it looked so good then why did they axe it after the very first fucking game? Huh? Answer me this, and don't say "Because they're retarded". Obviously Nintendo devs know more about how to handle their games than some idiot boomer poorfag who grew up on the GameCube.
>And that's great. It sells the more mysterious atmosphere and the great shadows leave more of an impression than a bland horizon and a useless sky.
MUH MYSTIQUE. Holy autism Batman, really? That's your line of reasoning? I bet you get shivers whenever you revisit the shitty geometric voids of Super Mario 64 on your crooked boomer back. By the way, the sky is not bland, it adds to the atmosphere, you see colored skies for evening, dusk, dawn, you name it. And the sky is not useless. You see presents flying, UFOs, constellations and more. The rolling log adds more to gameplay. Town acre reduces it back down to a basic level for the sake of your OCD autism.
>Says the guy that's obviously just nostalgic for City Folk.
I have played every single AC game. You obviously only autistically played the first one only if you're still this chuffed about a feature thats been set in stone ever since. I bet you piss your pants over Isabelle too numbnuts. It does me no great pleasuee putting you in your place because you still have to deal with the fact that all your bitching and moaning did not bring youe precious acre back for New Horizons. Oh well!

>having different taste
Oh, you mean the kind of people who spam SOUL vs. SOULLESS threads on here? Yeah, great fucking taste you got. Go back to playing Sonic on your CRT and tell me how every game made after the year 2000 is shit.

>Collecting materials and crafting sounds like fun.
I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first but I realize it'll give me a reason to play in the dead night hours even when a tool breaks instead of desperately hoping someone across the world will let me in their village.

Do we know if everyone is coming back? I need to know if my wife tangy is going to be there.

what the fuck is up with the switch and foggy gray grahpics?

Tangy is UGLY, hope she never comes back

Is Lief still in the game??>So you're proposing AC devolves into the LA remake. Fantastic. Nostalgic boomers didn't know jackshit about development, and they sure as shit still don't 20 years later.
None of that is an argument against acres.
>Nostalgia clouds your eyes. If it looked so good then why did they axe it after the very first fucking game? Huh? Answer me this, and don't say "Because they're retarded". Obviously Nintendo devs know more about how to handle their games than some idiot boomer poorfag who grew up on the GameCube.
Sky was a gimmick in WW. Now it's just easier to keep going with it than go with something that requires more thought and effort, acres.
>MUH MYSTIQUE. Holy autism Batman, really? That's your line of reasoning? I bet you get shivers whenever you revisit the shitty geometric voids of Super Mario 64 on your crooked boomer back. By the way, the sky is not bland, it adds to the atmosphere, you see colored skies for evening, dusk, dawn, you name it. And the sky is not useless. You see presents flying, UFOs, constellations and more. The rolling log adds more to gameplay. Town acre reduces it back down to a basic level for the sake of your OCD autism.
Who the fuck types like this?
>I have played every single AC game. You obviously only autistically played the first one only if you're still this chuffed about a feature thats been set in stone ever since. I bet you piss your pants over Isabelle too numbnuts. It does me no great pleasuee putting you in your place because you still have to deal with the fact that all your bitching and moaning did not bring youe precious acre back for New Horizons. Oh well!
Acres are better than rolling log. I don't know why that opinion is making you have a stroke.

Attached: 1560020271159.jpg (950x950, 447K)

>acres require thought and effort

Attached: 1545260389512.jpg (1080x1081, 69K)

Regardless of how the final product ends up, can we all just admit the trailer and gameplay showcase were shit? I've never been so bored to watch footage of one of my favorite game franchises before.

I feel bad that I don't think I made the connection considering I had seen Inuyasha. Someone had to tell me the whole leaf tanuki thing. I'm sorry, internet.

A lot of game design was based around them. Mostly allowing a greater variety of chores for villagers.

No? Animal Crossing is inherently boring.

user that’s uncalled for.

Why the fuck are we debating over Acres vs. Rolling Log when it's basically a no-brainer in 2019 to have a fully articulated camera?

No I mean somebody posting a fairly innocuous opinion and you flying into an autistic rage over it. Calm down dude, people are allowed to like different things.

Is that elevation the northmost wall of the map or will you be able to make elevated terrain?

Fuck haters this game actually looks like it has shit to do instead of farming bells and filling the museum.

I got so fucking bored in new leaf because the need to farm bells inflated playtime. Other than plotting building locations and other minor tweaks we've been doing the same shit since the gamecube. This game actually make me think you'll actually do something interesting and have some control. I wasn't even on board with this game before E3 and now 'Im probably going to get it unless the manage to fuck up horribly in the final stretch.

>Ohnononono the color and textures aren't to my specific liking, soulless game.

Get fucked.

Attached: 1543105979882.png (1500x1820, 2.35M)

I love those sky and sea colors. Also really like the way it looked when it was raining and how it hit the river. I really hope thunderstorms bring super dark, ominous skies and streaks of lightning.

Attached: F7cy0PZ.png (1333x709, 1.25M)

>Mostly allowing a greater variety of chores for villagers.
Ah yes, doing "[villager] borrowed my [item], can you get it back for me?" type chores for hours on end, truly the pinnacle of game design.

Attached: D3wO0lMUcAA1llN.jpg (850x570, 54K)

I might actually have to buy a switch for this, I am assuming it won't be on DS?
Hamsters best villagers.

Attached: 1374046094194.jpg (1000x282, 207K)

Why do you keep making this thread?

Posting simply "garbage"or "terrible" is not a level headed opinion. Unless what you are looking at quite literally had zero effort or time put into it. But no, I'm the autistic one.

Calm down bro

>Fuck the haters!
>Hates on every previous game in the series
Why should anyone care what you think when you're not even a part of the community?

Nice copout, bro.

It's unfinished.

I'm from socal, so palm trees and beaches feel very much like home to me. while I enjoyed the original AC aesthetic, I'm also pleased about the new look.

>rocks in both top corners
I'd fucking neck myself if I got a map like that and I couldnt just wall off the top corners

Attached: 1546223985228.gif (306x205, 2.97M)

bored it not the word I'd used
I was shocked and disappointed when first seeing that reveal trailer

there are tons of japanese culture/folklore things if you look like how tom nook and redd are a tanuki and a kitsune

>copout
Dumb user, no more replies from me, since you're either baiting or an actual retard.

somehow finding new art with Tom is very difficult.
People don't upload to o much stuff on e621 meanwhile people who post on twitter don't tag their art.
I hate twitter for art

Because you grew up.
Oh wait, this is Yea Forums. Nevermind.

Attached: 1560262486211.png (682x750, 235K)

Fuck yourself, you can't argue a point, don't make one.

I've slowly learned to stop telling myself "I don't need to save this, somebody will upload it to e621."

twitter.com/AlbixanAD/status/1138826046105632768

I got hyped by it. Looked legitimately interesting. Then again, I love the whole Minecraft/Don't Starve/Terraria vibe.

AC fans, we're going to have to face it. We're not going home. But I think we can make the home ourselves. I think it's only the early game that has been radically changed, and with enough time you can pretend you're in a comfy town and forget it's actually a survival island. Do not lose hope, this game can still be the kinocomf we've been waiting for.

Most autistic post I've seen here in a while.

>not even a part of the community?

Ive been playing since gamecube era and while the improvements have been decent to meh. Wild world was a decent upgrade but was limited by DS technology. The city was meh as hell. Being mayor had upsides but once again added to much bell farming. On top of that we've doing the same damn thing (museum, nook store upgrades, paying off the house, ect.) over and over. I was really looking for a decent change and I like what I see.

Attached: 1432688233551.png (142x138, 2K)

Based

I member everyone getting worked up over New Leaf and the new character models with legs looked like they had been stretched out
We'll get used to it.
The game has 9 months to go and already looks pretty comfy t b h

Aie is for lewd

This, I never actually thought that AC would go city builder when that's what they were trying to avoid but here we are

The glossiness is the main thing bugging me it feels so sterile the past games had a warm drawn feeling

He charges to fly you to the island and then offers things for sale to help you build up the island. Do you want him to do everything for you for free?

Attached: 1534128418322.png (129x196, 31K)

Do I have to tear up my town to gather resources or is there another way?

was it ever fun to watch animal crossing gameplay unless it's with someone in the room?

>added to much bell farming
>Thinks that crafting will somehow be less tedious

Agreed. It's a cool idea, but it just ruins the fun of animal crossing. Also fuck getting material and crafting.

It's fun to watch people talk to villagers because their dialogue is usually charming enough in its own right. It's also "fun" to watch people make patterns or decorate a house in the same way it's mildly entertaining to watch someone build in The Sims or do a speedpaint.

That's cool babe, but its nothing

imgur.com/a/58Qev47

autists generally hate change

They should've saved it for a spin-off.

I wanna do impure things to Ai

Attached: qgla7k6r73x11.png (853x480, 686K)

Change is not an inherent good

it's interesting to think of how these savage africa-tier superstitious rituals survive in such a modernised nation

>yeah dude if you just rub these racoon balls you'll have good luck trust me

I'm hoping that Villager house placement is done by the player, allowing better village customization, and are permanent additions (when a villager moves out, the new villager simply moves into the old building and redecorates). It was annoying having houses randomly removed and placed in previous games if you had made paths.

it's still redeemable I think
Some anons optimistically say crafting is only an option side to things, some say it will disappear in the late game.
I agree being able to control everything is not what Animal Crossing is about, but it does give us a chance to live in our ideal village

nor is it an inherent bad, but don't bother telling that to most of this board

>All these triggered replies
Based

Marxist filth

You can have her. I'll take the actual cute one.

Attached: 27870523.png (681x551, 137K)

>it's still redeemable I think
100% agreed, but I think it's totally justified to be skeptical considering Nintendo's history with radical gameplay shifts in beloved franchises.

>one single guy samefagging
>5 autistic guys
>most of this board
I see it's increasing
Soon you'll accept a lot of people don't like these changes

Hopefully she stays out.

Shading. Weird impotent shadows.

what did he mean by this?

Yikes! So this is the power of nu-AC fans...

>everyone I don't like is a communist
You're a special kind of retarded. My post had nothing to do with politics, it's about motivation.

Humans are psychologically inclined to need some sort of belief that governs they way things exist or behave which cannot be explained by science. Some turn to religion, others have superstition, it's just a matter of culture

Real talk though what new animals for villagers are we going to get this time

It looks under textured and shaded. Although, if I had to guess, that's mostly because the game is still 9 months away from launch. It looks like an iPhone game right now so I'm hoping it'll clean up a bit before launch.

Your definition (headcanon) is trash

For you.

Attached: image.jpg (950x750, 267K)

Honestly, I hated the shit out of it at first, but now I'm loving it. Can't wait what they'll show off next. I'm sure they'll work on the visuals during those 9 months.
Post your biggest hopes, mine is a good soundtrack on par with Population Growing.

Bats

Attached: 1560291828746.jpg (1018x752, 92K)

That's not an argument.

Bats? I'd love foxes as well but I'm not sure if they want to make species of animals that already have special NPC representation. I'd enjoy ferrets or lynxes as well.

Personalities and dialogue on par with the first game.

So?

Attached: 1547636735627.png (630x629, 256K)

What new stuff? Besides the crafting gimmick and having to build the entire town from scratch to appeal to "muh perfect themed town" fags who don't give a shit about atmosphere or the franchise's original premise prior to NL it's all the same. They're still using the shitty outdated camera and world generator made for Wild World. Where's the river islands? The giant waterfalls? Why is it that the N64 game still has the best world generation in the entire series? How can you defend that?
youtu.be/RrD9ptfF0iQ
youtu.be/AoRWzSCCsGA

It'll never happen, but I want fox and tanuki villagers.

A jellyfish.

>Treating a slice-of-life game as a chore
Who would actually do this? It's like the antithesis of video games.
I have done this shit in video games before, though, it's a crutch and I'm thankful it never latched onto me during my time with New Leaf

Attached: 1514504265481.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

>dogs

>that imgur link
fuck you

Completionism is a bitch. I remember being nervous over whether I could catch a scorpion on the last day they appeared for the year to complete my bug collection. Though that's the exception not the rule.

When people say acre system, most people assume they're talking about the segmented, separately loaded squares that the camera snaps to as you walk in them. What you really mean is you want the world to be flat.
Both the rolling log and the acre system are ways of limiting game processes. I would have expected the Switch wouldn't require this and could load the whole map at once, but it seems they've upped the graphics a lot so I guess rolling log is still justified. I personally never had a problem with it from a visual point of view.

More aquatic species or a bug or something. We can catch frogs and octopuses but villager types of those animals exist, I want more

None of the NPCs are generic drop eared dogs though, but now that I think about it, Blanca and Katie are literally just cats.

They added monkeys in Wild World based on Porter's model to make up for his absence in that game.

Moths. Please.

Attached: 1417733809251.jpg (1103x725, 112K)

>Real talk though what new animals for villagers are we going to get this time
Opossums

Attached: 1541938354587.jpg (668x668, 132K)

and rover

Honestly, I've started warming up to the new game a lot the more I look at it. It mostly just looks lame right now because we've only seen empty, shitty starting towns. So far, my biggest complaints/worries are
>shop menu sucks ass and is nowhere near as nice as the old shop
>the possibility of nook miles being MTX
>they might not have fixed the writing
>whether or not the museum is back and has unique blathers talk again
Everything else is weird, but promising.

Attached: 1556255358860.gif (307x284, 1.06M)

I like both of these

>What you really mean is you want the world to be flat.
I mean I want acres. Ideally there should be some camera control.

damn it really do be like that

>I mean I want acres.
Then you're a retard because the acre system is objectively worse apart from the angle

HEDGEHOGS

Attached: e8ADsbY1jjop_DD8iN_V_CuSbeACj2zEfZoOfsKb8oU.jpg (2104x2104, 486K)

What is the difference between an "acre system" that doesn't influence the camera, and a flat world?

>soulless?

because it's a meme buzzword and you are incapable of coming up with your own opinion

cute pussy

yes please

Attached: 1ad.jpg (190x266, 12K)

>objectively
Spotted the child.
Acres were cool, it was nice having things laid out like a chess board, especially since the map was bigger. It made it easier to find new daily stuff.

holy shit nook is holding her hostage

>it’s a relief that Mario Tennis Aces, Super Mario Party, and Kirby Star Allies aren’t going to be the norm anymore,
What do you mean?

>Blatantly ignoring the obnoxious scene transition that make doing anything on the edge of an acre impossible
So basically what you want is a map with coordinates and you're willing to make everything else worse for that sake

>Recently started developing a life sim about attracting people to your town by accomplishing specific construction or story goals
Nervous sweat

I enjoyed those tasks. I mainly enjoy just RPing village life with the villagers and that was one of the more interactive activities offered.

>finally find the villager you've been looking for for 3 hours hiding away in some shitty corner thanks to the awful camera placement
>brush up against tree at the edge of the acre
>get pushed to the neighboring acre
>go back
>villager has despawned
No one with a brain misses the acre system.

Attached: 964347613897113600.jpg (2048x2048, 248K)

I think he means unfinished games getting modes patched in via free updates months after the game's release

>I'm sorry, internet.
Go away, reddit.

does AC make people furries? this image made me feel weird

Animal Crossing is not a good game to showcase, ESPECIALLY early on.

>kind of like how white people who know nothing of Buddhism like to scratch fat Buddha's belly for good luck
What? No one does that.

aye, gotta make lemonade out of these sharty minecraft lemons we're being dealt

Explain how it makes anything worse without screen transitions?

Ideally it wouldn't need screen transitions and there would be some camera control. It would basically just be a way of organizing the map and town, which seeps into how daily secrets and extras works, as well as asking for chores if you want to do them.

Just organize your town according to those autismal grid-based conditions yourself and let the rest of us play using the more superior free-form system.

Look man, stop calling what you're thinking of an "acre system" and people will understand what you mean

Dude, just ask for coordinates then.
>It doesn't make anything bad if they take out all the bad stuff and just do the one thing I liked about it!

>kind of like how white people who know nothing of Buddhism like to scratch fat Buddha's belly for good luck
That's Budai. Nobody rubs Buddha's belly.

Lizards

Attached: 1553977756734.webm (720x1280, 2.93M)

is this loss?

The thinning on the river on that particular spot makes me think it's just going to be on those spots, but being able to polevault anywhere would be great.

Everything made by Nintendo these days is soulless.

Looks fine to me teebeeaych. The palette and colors make it look comfy. Winter maps are going to be turbo comfy and I can't wait.

Platypus.

But that doesn't change the fact that a lot of content I liked was based on the acre system.

That's what it is. Stop splitting hairs.

Assuming that you knew exactly what I wanted was your fault. Ad hominem is always terrible for discussion. You presented your counterpoints anyway and I explained how I would lile to see the acre system return. Anything else?

top down, smooth scrolling camera with a flat map would be cool. I don't think it would necessarily be an improvement over the rolling pin world though.

Don't act like we've only seen 1% of the game and we haven't gotten to the best bits yet.
This is the E3, you want to market your game and wow the audience to secure sales, so they will have shown the best, most significant bits of the game.

More aquatic villagers like sharks or seals.
Insect villagers like mantises/moths/butterflies.

ITS NOT OUT UNTIL MARCH 2020 BRO GIVE THEM TIME

BRING BACK THE FUCKING HORNS NINTENDO

Attached: 1470704589954.jpg (865x841, 75K)

Given how the body language has really improved in this game, I’m hoping this happens for once.

Are you excited for the new animal crossing game?
strawpoll.com/8w1hga4h
Do you think the new animal crossing looks good visually?
strawpoll.com/aw3sp9g6

a red panda, a hyena, and a fennec fox

Why does all the new bait feel so soulless?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 2.37.33 PM.png (179x176, 43K)

>Yes
>No, looks pretty bland.

Will this be as comfy as New Leaf? I liked the comfyness of the DS

Please answer some polls
Are you excited for the new animal crossing game?
strawpoll.com/8w1hga4h
Do you think the new animal crossing looks good visually?
strawpoll.com/aw3sp9g6

Not done.

wrong. if this were true mods wouldnt exist, of which 95% of them are done for free

Not surprised zoomies like you can't appreciate minimalism

They still exist but only as custom designs

Attached: horns.png (318x320, 137K)

>It's your fault I'm terrible at communication!

They suck though, even the trees are taller than them. Might as well not even be there

Attached: 5D68EF78-0403-4F13-BB4F-A819F8258C74.jpg (750x541, 421K)

They took this from you.

no they didn't

>what is prospective

Cope you mongoloid idiot, COOOOPE. New Horizons didn't bring back your stupid ass acre. You lost. You will CONTINUE to keep losing. So continue coping.

Attached: 1559177853883.png (523x536, 420K)

oh yes they did

point out where we were promised a race track would be the new AC game

Good question

Attached: 6C29F566-176D-43B9-A2EB-66B7A1AE8929.png (1334x750, 3.51M)

According to the interview, shops and facilities that fit with your playstyle will be available via nook whereas ones that run counter to it will not. If the interview is correct, it's more about fitting the town to The player rather than making you go achievement hunting. We'll see how it goes in practice though.

Zoom zooms are the ones who cream themselves over Apple's designs

Comparing it to Mario kart is absurd. Mario kart is Nintendos biggest franchise. Mk8 is likely to sell over 40 million, maybe even approach 50. They put all their priority on that and even had retro working on the game with them. Why would you expect them to do that for a game that will only sell around 20, when they have so many important games like BotW 2 and likely a new 3d Mario game to work on at the same time.

they exist within QR codes dude

Attached: 586de0d72130d6ee99a1a4f6423cbe21.jpg (400x240, 41K)

making a race track that looks pretty is not the same as making an entirely new game

A flat world is not an acre system. An acre system specifically implies you've split the world up into acres, holy shit user

Yes but my point is that beyond that they fundamentally can not be compared because at the time Mario kart was Nintendos only priority while right now they're making 4-5 big games and many smaller ones.

soulless post

That's a very good point, I agree

are you saying the reason games are dropping in quality is because they are making too many at once?

no, he's saying that they fundamentally can not be compared because at the time Mario kart was Nintendos only priority while right now they're making 4-5 big games and many smaller ones.

The reason they can't make the game look just as good as the mario kart track is due to the way racing games hand loading stuff in I think

CHINCHILLAAAAAAAAAA
and bats, obviously.

Alright user, let's turn what could be 2 posts into 20 because you like being a pedantic bitch
Why is it that a game with sole priority cannot be compared with games being produced alongside several other games?

>I think
You should have prefaced your post with the fact that you don't know what you're talking about and are only speculating.

you start by trying to put words in my mouth and now you are begging the question, this discourse is over.

sorry

what is wrong with you? if you have something to say, communicate it and stop attention seeking

It's okay just don't do it again because it's misleading.

>your post was hard for me to read! apologize right now!

Yep

where are all the designs on the textures? the grass and the water? everything looks so flat and washed out.

>Spring of 2020
>You've been waiting for this very day to arrive
>The month known for it's revival of the dainty little flowers and awakening of critters is coming to an end as it is approaching the yearly routine of April showers
>You're holding a bag containing a small package underneath your large jacket, as you've noticed the tiny splashes of the rain
>Dark clouds loom over the sky, you were fortunate enough to be so close to your home at the very moment you heard the first growls of thunder
>You proceed to enter your home, safe and dry, along with the package you will treasure for most
>The lights inside are quite dim, but you don't mind as you slowly change your clothes into something more loose
>You boil a pot of milk and pour a spoonful of honey and nutmeg in there, additionally with a pinch of cinnamon
>You can hear the thunder growling so ever subtlety as you pour your milk treat into your favorite cup
>Proceeding to your bedroom, with the package on one hand and your cup in another, you cannot contain the joy you will certainly feel when the experience arrives
>Setting down the cup next to your bed side table, your nintendo switch on the opposite side of the bed, patiently waiting for itself to take you in a new world
>As you open the package in the dark, the rain grows heavier than before- pitter patter, plip plop, you proceed to get under your bed covers with the switch on hand.
>You insert the card onto the console, and your face lights up from the luminescence that your switch was illuminating from, a smile was formed, with cheeks as red as a freshly born May rose.
>You are surrounded by darkness, no sounds but the splattering of rainfall and distant roaring, the sweet scent of milk and honey. You are completely covered in your goose-feathered-stuffed blankets, all warm and fluffy.
>Your smile grows wider when you are greeted by a familiar character on the screen, and the rain continues.

Attached: 500.jpg (500x750, 65K)

A conversation that ends with an accepted apology. You don't see that a lot here, i'm impressed anons.

Attached: images.png (250x201, 7K)

Colors seems muted

>soulless
by now the word has lost any meaning. You retards just spout it everywhere, on any game.

>the concept of souless becoming souless

Aylmao

Attached: saussage.gif (240x180, 353K)

Is that a cornea on her eye? That's gonna look strange.

Artist?

I'm hoping the bloom effect is just for summer

If you think the switch has a shitty UI you’re genuinely a fucking retard and should kill yourself :)

which part?

I think it looks nice.

this is a mean post

It's alright visually but a lot of stuff like the settings and controller options are in dumbass places

Right, but that doesn't mean the screen transitions need to be kept. What's so hard to understand about that?

The island setting seems nice but I thought AC was more about the rural life and I liked that about it. Oh well.

What's so hard to understand about telling people what you actually want instead of referring to a specific system in a specific game that implies many things that you explicitly don't want?

answer this question and and I might understand >466105251

This doesn't really look like a tropical island setting to me

Attached: unknown (7).png (1255x617, 988K)

vocaroo.com/i/s0q5cFSDcJnC

Attached: DndvRCoWsAALqiH.jpg (1030x1200, 98K)

>mfw the link
why do i want to fucking everything that's cute and thick. christ.

Attached: 1559123543795.jpg (421x348, 18K)

>many things that you explicitly don't want?
One thing I don't want, that one thing being a result of hardware limitations. That one thing I've REPEATEDLY made clear isn't essential or important to the acre system. You have no excuse to be so confused, I've been very clear.

>cute
>thicc/obese
pick ONE

Be more specific.

its just regular animal crossing climate on an island instead of attached to a mainland

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WHY ARE YOU AUTISTS DELIBERATELY AWKWARD AND DIFFICULT WHAT'S WRONG WITH JUST BEING OPEN TO DISCUSSION RATHER THAN RESORTING TO THIS SUPERIORITY COMPLEX BULLSHIT

This has to be bait or op is retarded.

as the air to a bird or the sea to a fish
so is the cock for the OP

Why the hell is Animal Crossing of all games getting retarded shitposting.
A literal majority of this thread is just faggots moaning about stupid crap and not giving any actual criticism.

The soul/soulless shit is easily the worst garbage on this board.

Attached: 1528574306678.gif (345x260, 2.83M)

Attached: N4mRta1.png (1161x754, 324K)

Because post-post-nu-neo-Yea Forums is unsalvageable.

most of the AC threads are created with b8 in the OP and then discussion in the thread, don't sweat it. Been that way since the announcement.

Everything is too glossy and plastic, just like the LA remake.
I do not like Nintendo's current style of everything being super clean and glossy.

Note the way those fences go around each other at the corners. Also there's four posts, then six, then eleven. These aren't your regular 'leaf' item fences, they must be crafted or some shit. WOAH.

Attached: 1529613753031.png (925x758, 303K)

wow that's absurdly cute

I just didn't understand the question. You used very vague terms and I don't understand the point of the question.

>5251
So you want an unmovable camera that never shows the sky?

I think it'd look fine if they made it look less washed out.

>tropical setting
Where was that implied? Setting looks comfy. Looks like the island I myself live on.

I already answered that.

Sorry, should've just called it an island.

It really just needs the grass pattern and upped contrast and it'd be perfect

i didn't even say thicc you illiterate nigger

Attached: 1489167268815.jpg (511x591, 20K)

Let me guess, you're one of the retarded zoom zooms who thought LM2 was actually good? I don't have a problem with them changing stuff, but LM2 was a clear regression, not a progression.

okay okay
you claim you want an acre system
an acre system splits up the world in acres/chunks so that the game can render each one separately
if the camera ignores the acre system, you will see invisible sections of the map, you will see things appearing and disappearing as they are rendered/unrendered. Why do you think this is a good idea?
What I suspect you mean is that you simply want the game to have a top down view and an in-plane environment (meaning not a rolling log) like in the original animal crossing, but without rendering/camera focusing on acres, and rather render things locally to your character and allow the camera to continuously follow your character. If this is true, I strongly recommend you stop referring to this as an acre system.
If my suspicions are not correct, I strongly recommend you clarify what you mean by "acre system", and don't just reply with a dismissive comment/insult

So it's not one thing, then, that's at least 3 things the acre system had that you don't want. The only thing you've expressed interest in that the acre system has is the coordinate system. Why is it so hard to just learn to say what you actually mean rather than get mad at other people for not understanding autist-speak?

the grass pattern is there just not all over the place, just in case you didn't know

Yeah I know

I wish that wasn't the case, makes the flowers and weeds look too busy in comparison.

Those things aren't tied to acres. Acres are just a means of classifying sections of the map and being able to refer to individual sections specifically in-game. A-1, C-4, etc. Your definition of the acre system seems to be different from what it actually is, because you associate it with every other aspect of GCN intrinsically. This is a very limited and misguided perspective and it's incorrect.

Got delayed into next year, don't really care anymore, I'll pay attention to it when it's actually close to release.

It doesn't. That's nowhere near NSMB levels of gloss and sterility. Just looks like an Animal Crossing game for Switch.

>Literally everyone else understands acre system to mean one thing
>YOU'RE ALL IDIOTS CONFORM TO MY STANDARDS
You literally use the word "system" to describe the acre system which means a series of interrelated mechanics. The camera angle/position and offscreen culling all play into that system.
Just using the word acres isn't any better, since it's just a metric for measuring area. It's commonly used to measure the area or explain mechanics in Rolling Log AC titles anyway.
I gave you a word that people can understand and actually means what you want acre to mean, coordinates. You're just being obtuse.

but this whole chain started with the comparison between rolling log VS "acre system". It can be assumed this means people are arguing between log worlds and flat worlds. Your definition of acre system can be perfectly compatible with a log world. There's no reason why a log world can't have its overall map showing these co-ordinated sections. If an acre system can be used on a log world, why were people initially arguing that an acre system is better than a log world? I think everyone's definition of acre system is different and yet you're all arguing about it and getting confused.

I guess I could get used to it. I prefer the mountain-y forest setting, like in the GCN game.

there is nothing inherently tropical about the island
you can have a mountain/forest island

>The camera angle/position and offscreen culling all play into that system.
Not intrinsically. You could even have a rolling log game with an acre system.
>You're just being obtuse.
Pot, meet kettle.
>It can be assumed this means people are arguing between log worlds and flat worlds.
I clarified exactly what I wanted and explained how the acre system could evolve very early in the thread.

Nothing in game design is intrinsic, that doesn't mean the word "system" is meaningless. You continue to ignore all of my points because your position is untenable.

I was really negative and disappointed when I first saw the reveal, but now I'm starting to feel excited
What's happening to me bros?

Here we go again...

When you think about it, it's still animal crossing at it's core, you just have to work for your shit this time around

Literally all Yoga Moms do this

You've ignored everything I've said because you're angry I'm saying "acres" (the in-game term) rather than "coordinates." Your position isn't an argument.

Because Yea Forums has caught you in a negativity loop. Pessimism was your immediate first response, but then on second thought, you realized the game doesn't look too bad. Besides, for all of NL's faults, it was still hella enjoyable. This should be the same. Yea Forums just loves to blow the faults out of proportion.

He looked cute in the Sweater too. but i like the new outfit because it reminds me of Tommy Vercetti.

Because that in-game term means something completely different from what you're using it as? I haven't ignored anything you've said, you're just saying things that are blatantly incorrect.

go on then, edit that image and post a better looking one in this thread, I'll be waiting

My initial reaction to the reveal was apathy but after rewatching it a few times and seeing the treehouse segment I definitely think it's gonna be great. Just wish it was still coming out in 2019.

My initial opinion had absolutely nothing to do with Yea Forums. I watched that reveal trailer alone and I felt so negatively shocked by it that I felt sick. If anything, talking with Yea Forums has helped me realise it's not so bad and I'm warming up to it.

>Because that in-game term means something completely different from what you're using it as?
According to your own personal definition, even though the intent as well as the actual definition has already been clarified repeatedly. What a stupid and autistic thing the get hung up over, let it go.

oh my god, dude, you have no actual definition to go on and literally everyone disagrees with you

I guess i have to buy a switch now.

Attached: 1548503777709.webm (720x404, 1.81M)

I wonder how easy it is to kick out villagers or get certain ones to live on the island. I want a town filled with just crocs or pigs..

The grass looks so plain. Why is the triangle pattern only in a couple spots?

It's probably like the paths in that it'll be a stackable item you can place down like furniture and joins together

interesting choices user

Well, then I apologize, but I'm confused. Still, glad you're warming up to it.

Most likely you realised to was a bad trailer with the game you love hiding under it. They put so much focus on the beginning of the game where you have nothing and it looked barren since you need to work your way to everything

I'm most excited for the abortion clinics, myself. Pencils have erasers, people!

Attached: cats choice.png (958x735, 1.21M)

Beware, I live

Attached: 81epxoiHdRL._SY879_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_SX534SY879SH20_.jpg (534x879, 93K)

why does KK Slider have DSL

An acre is an American unit of measurement that describes the length and width of a square of land. Each acre is composed of an area of 16×16 squares, totaling 256 squares each. This concept was most prominent prior to Wild World where acres locked camera movement and were used to navigate the town map.

Attached: PG_townmap.png (500x375, 195K)

what the actual fuck

Attached: ss+(2015-07-30+at+12.51.28).jpg (421x422, 49K)

They better add more activities. I also hope that there are multiple islands you can live on, because that map was extremely small for a console game.

I actually haven’t played ac since city folk, were these that big of a problem?

it's technically bigger than Population Growing's map

>just enhanced Mii models

Literally get Dragon Quest Builders 2

Wrong

Nobody has anything against a grid being placed on the overworld map user. When people discuss "the acre system" they are specifically referring to the rendering and camera being bound to an acre. Markings on a map is not worth talking about.

Reminder that we might have more of these 'packages' in future directs, and there's a chance that we might have extra islands.

Attached: Capture.jpg (627x334, 26K)

Then you should be saying "top-down perspective" rather than referring to the acre system.

Would you keep all of your progress when selecting a new package?

I dunno, she seemed pretty fuckable

because you are a contrarian kid that simply wants the attention and approval from other contrarian kids

>emoji

opinion discarded

Why should we recede our axioms of animal crossing discussion just because one autist thinks that "acre system" means marking on a map and not an actual SYSTEM based around ACRES?

Actually people rather liked them. At least, those lucky enough to get their favorite villagers without playing scalper prices. Rip dreams of Ankha.

Good question. The same reason we should ignore any discussion on ideas for reinventing the acre system and going into a debate focused on semantics instead.

Also known as Zelda : Link's Awakening

How do I play the first game without having to buy a used Gamecube?

Buy a used Wii.

emulate it

so you agree with me and we would both like this discussion to end
finally

Dolphin.

Are there gamecube emulators that actually work now? And that you don't need to learn a bunch of linux/command line scripts to use?

Change is inevitable

No, you're agreeing with me. I told you to let it go several posts ago.

Where have you been? Dolphin has been a near perfect GC/Wii emulator for years.

I think one, or both of us have lost track of who we were originally talking to
lots of people have been jumping in and out of this conversation and I can't even tell which side of the argument you were on, sorry

Partly, it is TCG so enjoy never getting what you want, but they were a easy way to get a ton of cheap "Generic" Amiiboos for games that let you spam them like BotW..

If you use Tagmo to bypass the RNG and not spend money (other then on your tags) though the functionality go in the other way, you can instantly get rare furniture and any villager you want, which kinda depersonalizes the game.

And as user said, people scalp, like they are wont to do with Trading Cards.

Attached: NEVER EVER.png (276x388, 167K)

Makes sense, thanks, I’d probably get one for the hell of it though.

Why wouldn't he have dog singing lips?

It doesn't.

Attached: flavors.png (426x426, 101K)

>it implies that the guy probably reset a LOT of times to get that set-up, or was just incredibly lucky.

Chigau!

Villagers won't place houses wherever you put stamp tiles. Just cover the entire map in stamps minus the 3x3 spots for their houses, and voila.

I think the reveal kinda triggered a mobileshit red flag, but the actual gameplay made me feel more optimistic about it

Needs to be fatter!

dolphin-emu.org/

Probably my favorite Amiibo functions from NL were the non AC ones.

Attached: 100px-Ganon_NL_Model.png (100x170, 27K)

How long does that take?

I want to belly hump him and I'm not even going to hid it.