What happened?

What happened?

Attached: Midnight Anime.png (1189x619, 781K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sXmo97hi2uY
youtube.com/watch?v=bpBBej0J4jE
youtube.com/watch?v=q7Ko-zU84gg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Personal life issues plus him being a big fan of Persona and liking 5 just too much.

I don't fucking know. But maybe it was for the best it didn't go on, fuck that beta faggot.

Attached: 1536655840014.png (850x464, 690K)

youtube.com/watch?v=sXmo97hi2uY

>making anime games

Attached: image0.png (640x622, 735K)

some guy named MikoĊ‚aj decide to resume the project. don't know if spencer yan know about this and okay with it.
youtube.com/watch?v=bpBBej0J4jE
youtube.com/watch?v=q7Ko-zU84gg

wrong pic

Attached: 1556835543540.gif (500x491, 376K)

>Guy wants to make spiritual succesor to Hotline Miami
>Devs not only say it's okay, but say it's canon
>Guy's GF breaks up with him and he starts playing Persona 5
>He turns Midnight Animal from Hotline Miami into pseudo-Persona
>Has a fucking mental shutdown and spergs out
>Devs quietly rescind their offer
>Game enters limbo
>Dev disappears

Faggots got way too personally invested in it to the point where they tore his aspirations to shreds because they didn't like the change in art direction.

It's pretty sad if you think about it. Dude just wanted to make a dumb indie loveletter to Persona but Hotline Miami faggots couldn't handle it.

sauce?

It's kind of sad.

>plus him being a big fan of Persona and liking 5 just too much
he liked persona 5 so much that he ripped off a ton of art assets and turned his hotline miami mod into a visual novel.

>Not recognizing the Meet'n'Fuck "artstyle"

There's literally nothing wrong with this is you're making a passion project and releasing it for free.

Attached: its not plagiarism i swear.jpg (1767x4951, 3.42M)

tracing art in something you're publicly releasing is never acceptable.

People who actually cared about this were, and still are, complete retards.

You could not, if you tried, explain why this is true. Because it isn't true.

People can trace and lift all they fucking want, if it's not for profit then it's fine. Some really great shit in vidya was born from free mods that just lifted assets from existing things.

making this probably took more effort than the game.

>tracing for your super serious personal art project that you're openly showing off to the public is a-okay
even if you don't agree with tracing being bad it's just lazy. i would expect that kind of thing from a trashy memfest mod like grezzo 2.

Daily reminder that Kojimbo did the same thing with Blade Runner and everyone says it's a "homage" and an "inspiration".

Attached: IMG_20190612_133848.jpg (492x623, 51K)

Okay, so it's lazy. Then don't play the game.

You're forgetting that he literally wasn't charging money for this game, it was a passion project from the start. He even said that, if you supported him on Patreon, you were supporting HIM, not the game he was developing. Meaning you were giving him money out of goodwill, not out of expectation for receiving a particular product.

Spencer literally did nothing wrong. He was completely transparent with every single shift in development this project went through, but entitled faggots sperged out on him and ripped apart his sense of self worth over a few bucks they sent him via Patreon.

People are allowed to make bad games if they're just releasing them as passion projects free of charge. The "fanbase" Spencer accrued are indefensible, and I still feel bad for the guy.

To be fair, Persona Hotline still sounds like a fun combination, I'd imagine reception would have been better had he not traced

I think the best part of this isn't all of the blatant plagiarism, but rather the random CAD project being used as map design.

Damn.

even if you try to pull the "oh it was to support me not the game" card people were only supporting him because they thought he was working on the game they wanted. getting upset when they found out it turned into an anime visual novel was completely justified. same for the art, literally nobody was donating to support him, they were donating to support the game regardless of how he and his shills try to spin it.

>people were only supporting him because they thought he was working on the game they wanted.
Then that's their fucking fault because he literally told them that they aren't funding the game. I think Patreon/Kickstarter are often used to scam people out of money, and I almost always side with the backers in situations like this, but not here. Patreon supporters do not get an ounce of sympathy from me when the person they're donating to is SO transparent about where their money is going.

>getting upset when they found out it turned into an anime visual novel was completely justified.
No it wasn't. They didn't pay any money for a product, so why the hell would they have ANY say in the development of said product?

Don't try to argue with these people, they are too far gone.