Why did we start hating on Obsidian?

Why did we start hating on Obsidian?
There new RPG which looks exactly like New Vegas in space is coming out later this year and seems like everyone is shitting on it or has forgotten.

Attached: ZxpYdqc.gif (640x360, 2.73M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ixpOzeeTZs&t=925s
youtube.com/watch?v=7rNO8oa6Zws
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it doesn't have good people working on it and it looks like lazy shit. what games did obsidian make between new vegas? companies can become dogshit in half the time since new vegas released.

Alpha Protocol?

Attached: free-shrugs.jpg (449x642, 50K)

>this year
but it releases on 2020?

Overrated, buggy trash

The lead writer for it has written the worst characters in any Obsidian game (KIS, Xoti) that being exited would be foolish. That's ignoring the fairly awful gameplay/quests they've shown.

Pretty sure he was referring to the span between NV and now.

First of all, it's not "new vegas in space." That meme needs to fucking die, because this is not a fallout game no matter how much some people want to believe it is.

Second of all, fuck Epic Game Store, and fuck Tencent.

Third of all, fuck Rick & Morty fans.

They had a really lackluster game demo that halfway killed my hype.
Its probably not representative but it was as bad a presentation you could give.

When Obsidian DID make Xoti leave IN Deadfire ending! Do NOT make MY wife leave IN ending! If Obsidian DOES bring back Xoti wife IN Pillars of Eternity 3 WITH good ending I will FORGIVE Obsidian!

Attached: Xoti.jpg (210x330, 59K)

NV is overrated. Fallout 3 was better. Flukes for both companies.

>fuck Epic Game Store
Grow up

epic truly epic

Obsidian have only ever made two good games and both of them were mods. Most overrated developer ever alongside Gearbox.

Attached: 543rerw.png (678x256, 43K)

>First of all, it's not "new vegas in space."
Nigga have you seen the gameplay? It's looks exactly like New Vegas.
youtube.com/watch?v=6ixpOzeeTZs&t=925s

>looks exactly like New Vegas
No it doesn't, it looks nice, but not like New Vegas. Not saying that's a bad thing, it's just different.
Anyway, I have kinda mixed feelings. Combat in Obsidian games has never been great, and making something very focused on shooting is a gamble. What we have seen does not look too great.
Also, not fan of the map being split into sectors you access through your ship, rather than whole world being a single map you walk around in. I get that smaller areas are more feasible technologically, but I still like the sense of space that large maps give you.
I'll still play it, but I could be more hyped for this.

When you decided you'd shill for their shit game.

I'm pretty hyped for it. Bummed about epic store, and I think the actual gameplay and animations look pretty budget, but the environments look gorgeous, and if the writing and story are good I'll be pretty damn happy.

>YOU PRAY GAME ON MY STORE NOW! NO COMPRAINING!

Attached: 45824598.jpg (564x588, 166K)

new gameplay
this time with voice acting
youtube.com/watch?v=7rNO8oa6Zws

First they revealed that it was coming to EGS, then they showed gameplay and it didn't look great to say the least.

First I was planning on buying, then I was planning on pirating, now I'll probably not bother all together.