What’s the problem with using epic game store?

What’s the problem with using epic game store?

Attached: 878285FE-BAD8-44B3-957B-BE7131092C1C.jpg (270x378, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/interactive/2018/12/10/business/location-data-privacy-apps.html
ssd.eff.org/en/module/problem-mobile-phones
store.steampowered.com/app/412020/Metro_Exodus/
vocaroo.com/i/s1EMmwtMRJ8r
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There are several major issues and several lesser ones.

You can take your pick of any one of the major issues and that's enough to never use that store and there's multiple. It's the worst thing to happen to PC gaming.

supporting monopolization of vidya, one
buying into the Chinese botnet, two
being a fucking faggot, three

>supporting monopolization of vidya

Attached: ahhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (576x499, 51K)

Tencent.

It's better to not use it. Thank you Tim Sweeney.

Attached: 1551184034834.jpg (1024x724, 87K)

Attached: 1559895808354.jpg (870x633, 328K)

>lacks several features that Steam has
>buys exclusivity instead of giving publishers and devs an incentive to go exclusive
>chinese spyware
>b-but the the bigger cut is better for the devs!
Maybe if its a small indie dev like with Phoenix Point, but a majority of the time, the bigger cut only benefits the publisher while the devs well never see the results of the bigger cut

>chinese spyware
people still defend Epic Store regardless of this
they can shill all they want but you literally cannot defend this shit

Yeah you are retard we know it

>Chinese spyware
Honestly why do I care that China is spying on me? What are they going to do with it exactly? Fucking every major coropration in the US spies on me too.

literally looks like a molerat

He looks like a local pedophile

End your life, people like you are the reason why corporations are allowed to spy on us and you are too functionally retarded to fucking realize it's because of that apathy. Stupid faggot

Attached: 1560190356733.png (1666x759, 1.9M)

You still didn't answer my question.

the way they conduct they're business is not good for the consumer but nonetheless, they're making aggressive "chess" moves which will probably hurt them later

China has no morals and doesn't need to answer to anybody, not even it's own citizens. They want to control their citizens

Their store is shit. Just like Uplay and GFWL.

Keaton?

I get that, but I'm not in China so what the fuck do I care?

the spyware was proven false . still all e-stores collect data whether you like it or not

Its not steam.

Attached: gjYwB0B.png (680x629, 1.5M)

because you will be if you keep up this attitude and someone in china decides to take your info and do identity fraud

steam has chinese spyware as well, your phone has spyware, fucking everything has spyware, why is epic suddenly the only one targeted?
>you are retard we know it
the ironing

>you already let me steal your tv? why not your whole house?

OINK OINK paid exclusives OINK OINK

or GOG

buying exclusives as a way to avoid actual competition, spyware behavior, extreme chinese investment (especially when combined with spyware behavior), poor features, and Tim Sweeney's publicly made anti-consumer statements.

this guy is based, the fat fuck gaben back stabbed him, based tim is backing him up

GOG and Steam are the only acceptable launchers.

He looks like such a cokeman.

Its another DRM but this one specifically is chinese.

They have one game, so there shouldn't be a reason why it exists

If I wanted pc gaming locked down to the extent it is on consoles, I would have bought a fucking console.

No shopping cart.

>this kills steam drones

Attached: EZ.jpg (622x664, 54K)

The shitposting the day they actually add a shopping cart is going to be hilarious. That's if they ever actually get around to it considering they already failed to meet any of the deadlines on their roadmap.

mobile gacha games make more than any pc game. obviously that means granblue is a deep compelling game we should all play

>my fat pig full of money is fatter than yours

if it will become main platform on PC, chinks will have complete control of PC game market (to censor everything unpatriotic or anything CCP might not like) even if they don't interfere so far

>oh look he's worth soooo muuuuch so he's much better!
you couldn't be gayer if you'd suck his dick, faggot

>supporting monopolization of vidya
You clearly don't know what the word monopoly means in this context. Not defending Epic, their storefront is awful, they are chink botnet, their checkout can likely get you doxxed but they are actively Steams only competition, which is wholly against what you think is happening.

They're beyond stupid marketing. I could have it downloaded and they would give me a free game every week for the rest of 2019. I don't even have to spend a fucking penny, how is this a good deal?

>people still believe the 'chink spyware' meme
Whats the point of playing on PC if you're clearly technologically retarded? Believing a shitpost that poorly made means you've got the same IQ as a console user.

You have to be a complete moron not to see what their long term plan is. Hint: it's not to peacefully coexist with anyone else.

>MU-MUH SLIPPERY SLOPE FALLACY
should've thought of that before you bought your shit chink phone, faggot.

Attached: 1552927167176.gif (272x200, 3.01M)

>unreal engine
>mobile gacha game
>fortnite with all the building autisim
>mobile gacha game
coping this hard

>Lacks things that other digital stores has had for years
>Buys exclusivity, rather than being one of many stores to buy a game from
>China spying on me is actually worse than the US/EU
>No good games on it anyway, and I'm sick of having multiple launchers
But most importantly:
>Digital platforms to begin with
Fuck this timeline

>steam has chinese spyware
Valve is privately owned with no ties to any Chinese company.
They're harvesting your data for their own purposes and they tell you everything they collect and why in their terms of use.

>phone has spyware, fucking everything has spyware
Unsubstantiated claims don't help your case. Be less paranoid.

>why is Epic suddenly targeted?
Because they sold out to a notorious Chinese company and their platform is spyware that logs what applications you have installed on other platforms and builds a database of your usage metrics without your permission.
It's not "Chinese spyware", but the combination of those things raises suspicions.

monster strike made a billion dollars just last year. cope harder sweeney

>and their platform is spyware that logs what applications you have installed on other platforms and builds a database of your usage metrics without your permission.
Got any proof?

>>Digital platforms to begin with
There was never going to be a world where digital for everything doesn't become a large presence in the world. It's cheaper, more convenient, allows for easy patching when it comes to vidya

I genuinely believe from the bottom of my hear that the people that are still asking this question halfway through 2019 are one of three things:

a) stupid
b) casual gamer, doesn't really care about games too much other than big AAA releases
c) desperate for attention so they create a thread which they know will get a lot of responses

There is no other explanation. If you are neither B or C, you are just fucking stupid, plain and simple. The problems with this store and their business strategy have been well documented and repeated ad fucking nausem, on this site and others for MONTHS. That is not even including the problems with their piece of shit software itself, which is missing basic features (shopping carts) that almost every other launcher has, their terrible and practically non-existent customer service, their laughable attempt at an 'epic' sale, and several other issues which I don't want to spend the time reiterating.

OP, I really hope you just created this thread for attention. But having been on Yea Forums for several years and getting to know just how fucking retarded this entire community can be, I'm thinking you're just stupid.

And killed big videogame store chains which were a far greater cancer than digital distribution ever could be.

fpbp

>steamcels outraged and btfo by existance of another launcher.
Srsly have sex.

>they are actively Steams only competition
Stop spreading this lie.

Also, buying up products which you didn't make, and making them exclusive to only your storefront is literally what a monopoly is. Guess what Epic are doing?

>attempting to start a 'launchers-war' akin to console wars and doing so with a vastly inferior product than anything on the market.
Why would you use it is the real question. Even ubisofts launcher has more basic functionality.

Attached: 1539167543842.png (1280x913, 956K)

>The problems with this store and their business strategy have been well documented and repeated ad fucking nausem, on this site and others for MONTHS.
You see the problem with that is that these "problems" you bring up are blatant shitposts, straight up false information, people whining about having to download another program and comparing it to paying $300 for another console, whining about how it doesnt have features that have nothing to do with playing video games (social features), claiming that they have "practically non-existent customer service" when defending steam or posting the Tienanmen square copypasta.
Its weird how you think any of this equates to a legitimate discussion that would persuade anyone with an IQ above 20 away from the Epic Store.

But yes, anybody that doesnt chug valve cock is "stupid" or "a casual gamer".

Attached: 1554615790403.gif (256x256, 374K)

>install Epic's launcher
>let it watch as I use every other launcher instead

Attached: 1550606091243.png (1280x1280, 786K)

>valve is privately owned
doesn't know their data is pushed through google analytics
>Unsubstantiated claims that phones don't have spyware pre-activated
nytimes.com/interactive/2018/12/10/business/location-data-privacy-apps.html
ssd.eff.org/en/module/problem-mobile-phones
>sold out to a notorious chinese company and logs what applications you have installed alongside
so pretty much like any program that runs alongside apps, like visual c++ or even steam itself
inb4 that one single screenshot that ONLY shows epic doing that crosschecking and not doing the same check on steam.

>Tim Sweeney
>Todd Howard
When are they going to merge into Sweeney Todd?

>chink phone
Most mobiles are Korean, Taiwanese, or Japanese in design.
Anything out of spec at a Chinese factory for the sake of collecting user data is a breach of trust, and not even the Chinese government can afford to burn bridges like that for the sake of monitoring the habits of the world's population - especially not for only a couple afternoons until someone discovers and publicizes the data leak.

The only mobiles designed and manufactured in China are for poorfags and idiots. You couldn't even buy them from any mobile service provider.

Its not GOG

I have 3 flash drives with all my games from GOG on it.

>>b-but the the bigger cut is better for the devs!
Let me stop you there and remind everyone that the cut is bigger for the PUBLISHERS, not the devs. You know the guys who are already filthy stinking rich.

The only devs who stand to gain anything from EGS are self published devs, of which there are few on EGS as of now.

They killed Unreal Tournament and I will be forever mad

It's just the usual lies steamdrones throw about everything.
Origin was a spyware according to them, now this one is.

Imagine if you lived in a world where they can sell your information to literally anyone else around the planet... oh wait.

how long do you think that took to make? longer than 3 years

Kinda hope so.
>Everything needs to digitalized
>No back-up plan is set up
See how well this plays out. I'm not against digital as an OPTION, but when I bought some games back in -11, I was forced to download the game through Steam, even though I had the disc, which had all of the content on it. It's so fucking retarded.

you can download and play it, they just stopped the development for now

>for now
2 yeas, after 3 years of barely even doing anything.

That's some meta ntr if I ever heard of it.

>for now
Fuck off

Difference is Origin actually used customer information as names on a petition which was a huge fuck up.
I could make a .webm of wireshark while starting up the Epic Game Store and people would lose their fucking minds while not actually understanding what the fuck was going on they're that retarded and desperate for a reason to hate anything that isnt Valve.

He really does look like a creepy wanker

>gets asshurt when AAA trash like Borderlands or Outer Worlds gets "stolen" away from Valve
>n-n-no ur a stupid casual gamer if you use epic

You don't have to like the games to be concerned by the business practice of publishers promising a game on a platform, then taking it off without warning.

One day, it might happen to a game you actually want.

>But yes, anybody that doesnt chug valve cock is "stupid" or "a casual gamer".

Uh, that's quite the assumption don't you think? I never mentioned that anywhere in my post. Seems like you are just equating my beliefs with the other mouth-breathers on this site. I use Origin, uPlay and Battle.net with no problems. But Epic Store is garbage. For one, fuck their entire business strategy. Do you think it is an acceptable practice for a game, which has been advertised for months as being available on Steam, only to be pulled at the last minute to become an EGS exclusive? I know it's not the developers fault, it's the publishers, but seriously fuck that shit to hell. That is probably my biggest problem with them. That's absolutely scummy. And when they promised they wouldn't ever do it again after the outrage that came with Exodus, they did it weeks later with The Outer Worlds. So, not only do they show themselves to be scummy douchebags but they show themselves to be liars as well.

I agree, the social features (trading cards, forums, etc) are a silly point of criticism. But it is missing several BIG features, like the shopping cart I mentioned, cloud saves, offline play, TFA, user reviews, wish lists, etc. Also, you quote me on saying their customer service is bad and act like Steam also has non-existent customer service, which is just a straight up false, which is funny considering you have a problem with people bringing up falsehoods against EGS. Yeah, Steam support can generally be slow, but I have never had a problem with getting my refunds or when my account got hacked because of some stupid shit I've done. My only complaint with them is that they're slow, but I think they have resolved this issue over the last couple years. I haven't dealt with them in a while, so I'm not sure.

But yeah those are my problems with EGS. Fuck their business strategy and fuck their launcher. And fuck every moron that just turns a blind eye to this and acts like it's okay.

>for now
No updates in 2 years
2 FUCKING YEARS
I fallowed the game since day 1 and keep playing all the way to 2018 with hope that it will get finished but the pieces of shit at Epic didn't even say anything they just let it die, there are modders that are still working on the game but can't get shit because the "working with the community" forgot the part where Epic has to work

Attached: 1533926300080.gif (381x512, 533K)

>doesn't know their data is pushed through google analytics
Google / Alphabet aren't Chinese-owned, and the analytics come from the Steam website being indexed by Google. It's unavoidable for any website that needs to be publicly visible on the internet.

>nytimes.com/interactive/2018/12/10/business/location-data-privacy-apps.html
That's fearmongering for idiots who download any app and give it global permissions just to get it running.
Just because an app exists doesn't mean you should download, use it and let it have access to everything on your device.

>ssd.eff.org/en/module/problem-mobile-phones
Location tracking isn't spyware. That's done through the service provider and can't be avoided as that's the nature of wireless communication.

>so pretty much like any program that runs alongside apps, like visual c++ or even steam itself
Applications run in virtual memory and don't normally have access to other running applications or most Windows resources without explicitly implementing those parts of the SDK for that purpose. They also don't have access to any of your stored data without actively searching file directories and registry entries for information.

Steam doesn't search your installed applications or your hard disk for any information other than what it installs and manages itself - Steam app installations and any applications you associate with the launcher. Everything is consensual. Epic Store checks for installed Windows Store apps, Steam apps and other launchers, and catalogs what you have installed the moment you boot it up. They do this without your permission, which is why they're spyware.

>killed

You mean franchise? Sure, I'd like to see another UT. Problem is people have really weird ideas about devs "killing games" these days. As if everything has to be supported for years with updates like indies out there. No, you release a game, fix some shit and that's it.

I literally do not give a fuck about Borderlands. Never have and never will. I don't understand the appeal. But do I think a shitty business strategy is suddenly better because it happens to a game I don't like? No. But I wouldn't expect a person who posts greentexts with an epic stuttering meme as an rebuttal to understand these kinds of things. You fall into category A, stupid. Congrats retard

Proof that it is a chinese botnet?

UT4 was literally killed, the game is in perpetual pre alpha because they dropped the project half way through for Fornite
Stop talking with your ass

I thought it was just me. Suddenly all the crazy hype about Borderlands 3. Reeks of manufactured shit. Looters shooters, or whatever you call them, are not really a novelty anymore. And that Borderlands humor will just get people to roll their eyes.

Lmao, at least console wars are about games and hardware, PC "launcher" wars are about loyalty to a company and nothing more.

OH NO NO NO NO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You and other fans of UT probably hate fortnite more then any of us.

>Problem is people have really weird ideas about devs "killing games" these days. As if everything has to be supported for years with updates like indies out there.
This isn't what "killing games" means nigger, it's about live services that can be shut down at any time as opposed to retail games which you actually own and can still play 500 million years from now.

This guy is trying to kill gaming on Linux.

term you're looking for and which people really do abuse is "abandoned game".

so he is based? keep gaming faggots out of my linux

calm down Tim will end his work after he is finished with Gaben

What a nice guy

Attached: whataniceguy.jpg (834x628, 69K)

Guess what retard? If it was a game i actually wanted, i would have preordered it on Steam and i would have been able to keep the game on Steam, with all future updates and DLC like what they've done with Metro Exodus.
Know what happens if i dont preorder it before its removed? I just buy it on the fucking EGS because it takes three seconds to download and three seconds to set up another email.
I hope you're not actually retarded enough to use the same email and same password on all of your services right? You actually care about your privacy right? You wouldnt scream "C-C-CHINK SPYWARE" unless you knew what you were talking about and actively took steps to protect your accounts and identity online would you?
>Do you think it is an acceptable practice for a game, which has been advertised for months as being available on Steam, only to be pulled at the last minute to become an EGS exclusive?
Yes, because anybody that brought it before the change got the game on their platform of choice fully supported and anybody that didnt can just download the other launcher because its free and its far from the worst piece of software you can fucking use.
>missing BIG features
It has TFA, user reviews and wish lists are not BIG features. You complain about the fucking mouth-breathers on this site and you want to actually read their fucking reviews of games? Nobody needs to see that fucking garbage, do your own research.
>n-n-no steam support is there, its slow
If you can claim EGS has "non-existent" support, i can do the same for Steam except mines actually based in reality due to how shit Steam Support is.

There is absolutely no problem. People here just have zero respect for developers. Funding can make or break a studio, and being able to be 100% fully funded just for switching to a different launcher is life-changing for a lot of indie devs. It's a small inconvenience for you (until Epic improves their storefront features), but it keeps smaller studios alive.

The Phoenix Point devs said that Epic's money put them in the black without having to sell a single copy. Now they don't have to stress out about paying the electric bill or staying solvent long enough to pay their workers. It's honestly the one good thing to come out of Fortnite's success.

Attached: rudy.gif (300x264, 1.9M)

>to prevent them from being harvested by anyone but the Chinese

Is that where he buries the bodies?

>equating the government responsible for the greatest mass-murder in the history of humanity to private citizens who want advertising information
I'm not saying you should like the latter, but if you treat the Chinese government (or Russian, for that matter) with anything less that extreme suspicion you're making a massive mistake. One might take advantage of your trust and make a sleezy profit. The other would gladly murder you.

Attached: 1559966775190.png (477x321, 203K)

>It has TFA, user reviews and wish lists are not BIG features.
You know what's a big feature for a digital storefront? A fucking shopping cart

He also took a game engine worth hundreds of thousands in licensing fees, and made it 100% free for students and hobbyists to play around with. Along with Unity, it's the reason there's an entire generation of game developers who got their start without having to pay a cent to a university or college.

Attached: 1557686218823.jpg (800x1068, 379K)

>If it was a game i actually wanted, i would have preordered it on Steam and i would have been able to keep the game on Steam, with all future updates and DLC like what they've done with Metro Exodus.
Yeah, a fucking year after the publisher decides to feed you the scraps. If you actually think it's okay to preorder a game, then be told by a publisher that you need to wait a year before you can actually redeem the code and play it, then you're an actual retard bootlicker.
>Know what happens if i dont preorder it before its removed? I just buy it on the fucking EGS
Retard suggesting that there is no downside to supporting EGS, shocker.

I don't buy into the whole "tencent is trying to find my loli porn" thing really, I just refuse to give money to a company or publishers that fuck over customers so hard. They can all eat shit.

If you're the kind of retard that buys indie trash just because its $1 on sale, sure. But im actually fucking sane and only purchase shit im going to play, so its not really a big issue.

>The Phoenix Point devs said that Epic's money put them in the black without having to sell a single copy. Now they don't have to stress out about paying the electric bill or staying solvent long enough to pay their workers. It's honestly the one good thing to come out of Fortnite's success.

he is a pretty nice guy compared to other fat fucks like gaben

Attached: thiskillsthererestasteamtrannies.jpg (595x724, 72K)

>he is a pretty nice guy
Unless you are a consumer then you are just a wallet to him.

>Yeah, a fucking year after the publisher decides to feed you the scraps.
Are you fucking retarded? Anybody that preordered Metro Exodus on Steam got it on Steam the day it came out. They get all updates the day they come out, they get all DLC the day it comes out. Theres no wait, you braindead faggot.
You can see the dates and times of updates on the fucking Steam Store page, holy fuck do your research before you shitpost.
store.steampowered.com/app/412020/Metro_Exodus/
>Retard suggesting that there is no downside to supporting EGS, shocker.
Yeah, because unlike you i didnt blindly believe the fucking shit that was regurgitated here. Difference between you and i is that i dont have a fucking screwdriver permanently stuck up my fucking nose and i can actually fucking read and make decisions for myself based on the LEGITIMATE information, not shitposts sourced from reddit.

Attached: 1555253304098.png (500x376, 320K)

>Yes, because anybody that brought it before the change got the game on their platform of choice fully supported and anybody that didnt can just download the other launcher because its free and its far from the worst piece of software you can fucking use.

You're missing the point. It's a shady, fucked up business practice that is pissing a lot of people off, for good reason. I really don't care what excuse you use, I don't care if Steam honors the people who originally purchased it on their platform or not, advertising a game for months to be on a certain platform only to pull the rug out from under the customers at the last minute is wrong, deceitful and shitty as fuck.

Sure, user reviews and wish lists are not BIG features, but they are basic ass features that a launcher SHOULD have. I'm complaining about mouth-breathers on 4channel Yea Forums, not on Steam. I'm not saying there aren't idiots on Steam, but user reviews have been extremely helpful to me in deciding if I want to purchase a game or not because I don't trust the shit fucking critics on IGN or whatever the fuck, and a lot of user reviews on Steam are extremely detailed and honest.

You ignored the other features I mentioned that are missing, and also ignored how I mentioned that they lied about not doing their shitty bait and switch exclusivity shit again. Sure, I'll concede, both stores can use improvement on the customer service end of things, but I'll be perfectly honest with you, it really seems like you are just ignoring everything I post that doesn't really fit into your narrative or that you can't find an excuse for. I wonder why that is. What is it about EGS that you like so much to where you go to great lengths to defend it so much?

>he is a pretty nice guy
You need to stop fucking talking about multimillionaires like they're good people. Nobody with that much money is a good person. They are varying shades of sociopathic, without exception. Some are just better at hiding it than others, or use their money for marginally selfless things.

The money goes to the publishers unless its truly indie. And keep in mind Sweeney really only moneyhats proven indie devs or ones with a pedigree (Snapshot Games had crowdfunded hype and the creator of XCOM behind it). The actual studios that need it most won't even get a glance by him.

Alt-Rifghters think that saving forests is bad because everything should be sold and turned into products. Same reason why they are against national parks, just like Trump.

who cares about humanity user, the nice guy part is for investing in nature and fucking over twitter

Don't talk about shit you know nothing about.

pirate bay comes with a shopping basket

>Nobody with that much money is a good person
Just get out of your water painting class at the community center?

>Are you fucking retarded? Anybody that preordered Metro Exodus on Steam got it on Steam the day it came out.
Learn to read, dipshit. Not all games got this treatment, is my fucking point. There's a precedent for games getting pulled from Steam and becoming year-long Epic exclusives. What makes you so confident that this won't happen to the next AAA game you decide to preorder from Steam?
>Yeah, because unlike you i didnt blindly believe the fucking shit that was regurgitated here.
Nothing is "regurgitated" you goddamn imbecile, anyone with a brain can comprehend that Epic's business practices are shady and their storefront is poorly designed.
>i can actually fucking read and make decisions for myself based on the LEGITIMATE information, not shitposts sourced from reddit.
Can you hit me with a source that demonstrates Epic DON'T snatch up games from publishers and pays them to take the games off Steam without apologizing or compensating customers? I'd be interested to read that source, considering that's literally a thing that happens and isn't some stupid speculative conspiracy theory like the chinese spyware argument.

>Exclusives means you're a monopoly

gonna be a yikes from me

>he is a pretty nice guy compared to other fat fucks like gaben
He's a complete and utter hypocrite. He'll say something one day and overnight do a complete 180.

And if you see no irony in the statement you just posted, then you are fast asleep.

Be sure to tell your boss the whole world thinks he's a cunt/

Attached: 1557107744816.jpg (907x899, 275K)

Buying exclusivity is temporary. The next phase for the epic store will be sales and added features. Becoming a legit threat to Steam's monopoly will end up in both of them fighting to win our $$$. That's when we'll start seeing even more sales from both storefronts. I don't see a problem with that, even if it's annoying for now.

Remember when steam was a clunky piece of shit? Epic will figure shit out in a year or two.

Then just say you think he uses his money somewhat responsibly, which I can at least partially agree with. Calling people THAT rich "good" humanizes them. They are not like you and me.
Enjoy living under the thumb of people who make more in a day than you'll make entire your entire life, bootlicker.

They're pulling the exact tactics a monopoly would make. Even doing an otherwise unsustainable cut (because Sweeney has infinite Fortnite money) to try and attract others under his umbrella.

>Remember when steam was a clunky piece of shit?
Yeah, fifteen goddamn years ago

Guess every hero needs a perfect villain.

Attached: sweeney.jpg (795x422, 72K)

>Remember when steam was a clunky piece of shit?
Yeah, in fucking 2004?

EGS is a piece of software released in 2018. The standards for a digital storefront are far more refined than the trash fire that is EGS. They need to be held to MODERN STANDARDS, not held to the standards Steam had in the fucking mid 2000s.

He genuinely looks like a serial killer, why not get a different person to be a spokesman for your corporation?

Context you moron, epic is not forcing anyone like microsoft wanted to.

but egs is opening the market with competition user, gaben would just sit on his fat ass and squeeze out the phatetic rest of the pc market without any competition, epic is bringing excitement back

>S-Steam used to be shit, so it's ok Epic's shit right now!
Are you really so retarded to believe a shitty new car should be given a pass because the early cars were Model Ts? This isn't the Steam of 2005 that Sweeney is competing against. This is the Steam of 2019.

Fuck off chink shill.

Attached: 1547728744020.jpg (298x877, 54K)

>he is a nice person compared to gaben
>compared
thats not even difficult

It would be like making a modern car exactly like the first car ever made.

>comparing cars to software
>not understanding development cycles
>calls other retards
Stick to videogames.

Epic is burning through Tencent's venture capital as fast as they can to acquire exclusives, while utterly failing to improve their launcher/store. Meanwhile, the EGS has yet to make a single dime of profit because of how much this start up model is costing them.

I will pirate just about anything that looks worth trying if it's an EGS exclusive. EGS gas alreadt paid the developers so they don't need my support. And I am seeding those games 24/7 so that others can do the same.

Sweeney made unreal free for indie creators, and created a community hub where you can learn anything about game development for free. Unreal Engine has built in support to port to any device, and they only take a small cut when the game makes above a certain 5 or 6 figure amount. It looks to me like he's been supporting developers at all levels for years, and advocates for them.

You don't see any other studio doing that shit.

reminder that if epic just did all the positive shit like free games and discounts, everyone would be sucking its chinese dong, but because they went full megabucks retard and started buying off developers for exclusives, everyone will forever hate them.

they could have spent half as much money and been twice as successful.

It was a piece of shit for at least 7 years kiddo.

I don't want to, that's all you need to know.

who the FUCK are you tell people what to do.

>Steam was bad in 2004 so that means it's okay for EGS to be a piece of shit in 2019
Sweeney could've used his Fortnite money to make something better than Steam but instead he's just trying to unga bunga his way to the top with exclusivity deals.

Still, he is not a "nice person", he is just putting his money towards better causes than Gaben. And again, that I agree with. Valve are terrible with their money.

>Enjoy living under the thumb of people who make more in a day than you'll make entire your entire life, bootlicker.
Projecting now? I don't care for Sweeny but saying anyone who makes money isn't a good person is a room temperature IQ belief. If anything failures like you are objectively worse human beings and stains on society than any big wig at whatever ebil corporation you think runs the world. Feel free to do us all a favor and raise the average IQ of the thread by fucking off.

>Gaben backstabbed him

What? How? When? Explain.

It's owned by the Chinese. Do you really need more proof? Every single piece of software in this day and age is collecting data about users.

The point is that standards have changed, dumbass. Fucking Amazon in the mid 90's had a shopping cart. How the fuck does Epic with its billions and billions not able to do that?

Looks consistent to me. He sees Steam as the same monolithic corporate monster that throws its weight around. EGS is going at steam in a way that breaks up the monopoly.

>what is network effect

It’s because he is a fucking idiot that will brought back the very thing he left pc gaming in the first place, piracy.

Okay, so you're comparing 2019 software to 2011 software. Is this supposed to make more sense as argument? Because it doesn't.
>humanizing people who treat you like dirt for an extra buck
Pathetic.

>B-B-BUT ITS SHADY
>SHADY
>SHADY SHADY

>Nothing is "regurgitated"
When will you faggots actually learn to come up with an argument?

Attached: 1555331749815.jpg (367x446, 41K)

You have to back stab the chink before he back stabs you.

Can't even release their own product exclusively on Epic Store.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

>When will you faggots actually learn to come up with an argument?
You first.

vocaroo.com/i/s1EMmwtMRJ8r

Attached: 1529062533096hyjg.png (625x773, 295K)

>be worth twice as much as Gabe
>somehow look twice as worse as him

Don't forget that Fortnite copied the battle royale formula practically overnight, and pivoted fast enough to take over the genre everyone thought was locked in by PUBG. The same thing will happen to steam. Expect to see announcements of EGS wholesale ripping off features from the steam store.

Give them a bit of time and nobody will be complaining anymore.

How the fuck does word choice invalidate the objective fact that it's not consumer friendly to promise a product via one storefront then pull it from said storefront for at least one year?

Are you a legit paid shill or just retarded? I can't tell anymore.

>epic is not forcing anyone like microsoft wanted to
He's already forced hundreds thousands of consumers to have no option but to buy through him. It's no different. He's bought his way into monopolizing PC games while granting absolutely no benefits to the end user.

What he's doing is not competing. Competing would be to beat Valve at its own game, something that shouldn't be at all difficult for someone in the position Epic. Let's not kid ourselves though. That was never the goal. He just feels entitled to PC gaming money and he wants to get it as gracelessly as possible. Maybe he's retarded, maybe it's to impress the tencennt shareholders. Who knows

Attached: 1557107920651.jpg (1200x1107, 238K)

Attached: hardwork.jpg (697x71, 10K)

Epic store is pissing me off with the exclusive antics so I refuse to use it out of spite. If greedy devs would rather have Sweeny money than my money well then they can have it.

And I get it. A new store just can't compete with the other offerings. Origin and Battle.net had the benefit of being the only place to get EA and Blizzard games. GoG just sort of exists as the best place for older titles plus CDPR games, that you could get most anywhere else. What does Epic have to offer to compete? You want to throw money at smaller publishers to get exclusives, then fine. But at least throw more money at your storefront to make it a not shit experience first. And don't be such a chode about it.

Attached: 1529270590682.png (526x503, 196K)

>Everyone richer than I am isn't human
Don't you have a macaroni art to fuck up? What are you doing unsupervised by your tard wrangler?

I bet you would hate on any new windows alternative because it does not have everything from the get-go. Also i bet you are hating any new mmorpg because it does not have as much content as world of warcraft does.

>Are you a legit paid shill or just retarded?
Both.

>ignores ENTIRE post and just highlights the fact that I've said it's shady multiple times
>claims i don't have an argument

idk bro seems like you are out of those 'arguments' if thats the best you can come up with.

guess what? it is still a shady business practice. i was trying to actually have a thoughtful concise discussion, but what was I thinking? we're on Yea Forums after all. i will now stoop to your level in the following sentence below.

fuck off fucking chinaman EGS shill, go suck sweenys cock some more on twitter and enjoy your fortnite

>when games were exclusive on Steam no one complained
>BASED GABEN!! posts all the time
>some other company tries the same
>THIS IS AN ATTACK ON OUR FREEDOM!!!
>THIS GUY IS CREEPY!
valvefags are the worst

You do realize that it's entirely valve fault right?

Except by buying up games for exclusivity, they're forcing consumers to go through them to buy the games.

>I bet you would hate on any new windows alternative because it does not have everything from the get-go.
Yes? Would you actually jump on the dick of the hottest new OS if it didn't have fundamental features that literally every OS to date has, like being able to search through the files on your hard drive? How goddamn stupid are you?
Based reply

>word choice
>two valve shills using the exact same word over and over without actually explaining why anything Epic does is "shady"
Its almost like you faggots share the same valve cock sucking discord
>it's not consumer friendly to promise a product via one storefront then pull it from said storefront for at least one year?
They didnt "promise" you shit, anybody that actually paid for the game while it was "promised" to be on Steam got the game and all future content on Steam. Their game wasnt gimped because they were an early adopter, they got to have the game on their platform of choice. They didnt lock you out for a year, you dumb retarded faggot.

Give at least ONE(1) example of Valve making an exclusivity deal and pulling a game from other storefronts.

Remember. If it's one year exclusivity you can always wait and clear your backlog meanwhile. If it's full time exclusivity, yarr har fiddle dee dee.

Attached: 31i97v.jpg (500x500, 76K)

Attached: epic rant.jpg (816x1356, 348K)

Point out a single 3rd party steam exclusive game that was locked down by a valve bribe.

>he's still using "shady" without coming up with an argument
When will valvecucks learn

I'd be fine if they tried to compete with Steam in anyway besides getting exclusive games that only serves to make their competitors worse

what they're doing is unethical
and they treat consumers as shit

June 4th 1989

I wont support Valve SJW puritans. Fuck Steam and its defenders

Name one game that was being offered on a platform other than Steam which Valve bought up and sold exclusively on their platform.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

>without actually explaining why anything Epic does is "shady"
Except for the part where we both literally explained why it's shady? Goddamn you're a retard.
>They didnt "promise" you shit
Oh, yes, you're right user. A game being given a store page and its trailer saying "AVAILABLE ON STEAM" isn't promising anything to consumers, just like how it's totally normal in the industry for games to say "AVAILABLE ON PS4" only to be pulled from the PS4 and released on the Switch instead. Totally a thing. Definitely real. 100%.
>anybody that actually paid for the game while it was "promised" to be on Steam got the game and all future content on Steam.
... a year later, in the case of TOW and who knows how many other upcoming titles.

You are the reason free market does not work. John Stuart Mill was right all along.

You still don't understand what microsoft was trying to do.

I normally watch a full let’s play/walkthrough before buying a game anyways, also can we start calling epic game store users beta testers?

PCfags couldn't even keep their games physical, literally the easiest gamers to fuck over and get away with it.

They weren't exclusive to Steam. Steam didn't hold games hostage there were just few better alternatives and alternatives did exist you mong.

Is the Epic store a better alternative? In my opinion no, and they aren't doing anything to change my mind. Just being assholes.

>You are the reason free market does not work.
Basic human nature is the reason the free market doesn't work, fuckwit.

Hes not worth as much as Hitler.

So you are willing to let China fuck you in the ass so you can “own and trigger the libs”

His favorite class is the spy

>implying consoletards can say that while physical media is dying and everything is switching to stream services

>fat guy
>favorite class is this pie
pottery

>drodo (cn guy) made auto chess
>success blew everything away
>gaben told him to come over for a meeting
>told drodo to step down, he is taking over, he can work for steam for some peanuts now
>drodo devastated off course didnt accept the jewish offer and tried to make his own game without dota license
>fat fuck gaben in the meantime announced dota "underlords" a standalone auto chess copy
>riot/tencent also announced their own copy
>epic the only store who company who gives a fuck towards developer decided to help the poor guy
>epic gave him e3 spotlight so he has atleast a little bit of spotlight between tencent(chinese overlords) and fat fuck gaben
fuck china and fuck gaben that fat fuck

Attached: poordrodo.jpg (480x360, 13K)

based monkey iq poster

what game what are you even trying to say ?, steam is a monopoly, you cant crush it with just making a better product

Why are you treating Epic and Tencent as different entities?

>steam is a monopoly
Retard alert.

>We both explained why it was shady
No retard, crying SHADY SHADY SHADY SHADY does not explain WHY its shady.
>A game being given a store page and its trailer saying "AVAILABLE ON STEAM" isn't promising anything to consumers
Do you also cry about games getting cancelled after they had a Steam Store page because the game was PROMISED to you?
>a year later, in the case of TOW and who knows how many other upcoming titles.
Nobody brought TOW on Steam because it was never available to purchase. It seems like you're absolutely retarded and think that trailers and store pages and estimated release dates are legally binding. Guess what retard? They arent. Their "promises" only come into play if you actually purchase the game, you're either entitled to everything they promised (In the case of Metro Exodus people that pre-ordered on Steam paid for the game and were promised the game and all future content on the platform they were promised) or a complete refund.
How are you this retarded to not know the basics of how businesses work?

riot is under tencent rule (100%), epic games is under tim's rule

Fucking this, there is absolutely no benefit given to consumers here from this.

You guys should look up what duopoly means.

If the shoe fits, why don't you wear it?

>ruling over 90%+ of the market

Yeah, but Tim is required by law to answer to his shareholders, and Tencent owns almost every share Tim doesn't.

>No retard, crying SHADY SHADY SHADY SHADY does not explain WHY its shady.
We both literally explained why it's shady you absolute goddamn troglodyte. Read.
>Do you also cry about games getting cancelled after they had a Steam Store page because the game was PROMISED to you?
No, dipshit, because if you preorder a game and it's canceled, you get a refund and nobody else gets to play it. If you preorder a game and it's lifted from the storefront you bought it from, then you have to fight for a refund or sit around like a patient cuck waiting for them to give the game to you a fucking calendar year later (if at all).
>Their "promises" only come into play if you actually purchase the game, you're either entitled to everything they promised
Would you like to tell that the people who backed Shenmue 3, now an EGS exclusive, to meet the "pay this much for a steam key" milestone, and are still fighting for a refund as we speak? Why don't you tell them how consumer friendly EGS is?

Lizards are the natural predators of bugs. His relationship with Tencent is truly an abomination

Steam telemetry:
>We want to show products that you would enjoy
Egs telemetry:
>THE COMMUNIST PARTY OF CHINA MIST KNOW YOUR SECRETS, NOTHING TO HIDE NOTHING TO FEAR GOYIM

Attached: 1560228026131.png (1914x4402, 1.9M)

I hate Valve, but they're the lesser of two evils. Killing Paragon was unforgivable.

Firstly, educate yourself as to what monopoly even means.

Secondly, Steam can be usurped easily by using its own mission statement against it. Replace the word pirates with Steam and there you fucking go. How hard was that? And Epic is in a unique position where it can offer way more valve can. Just off the top of my head I can come up 5 things that would cost them next to nothing and make Steam obsolete.

THAT is what competing would be and that is what would give Gabe a hard kick in the pants.

Attached: 1554304233854.jpg (850x886, 168K)

Oh boy, oh boy, certainly nobody remembers the butthurt in 2004 of how pissed people were to need steam for half life 2 and counter-strike 1.6.
And now you defend it like you owe them something for the drm garbage.

Fund the doujinshi

Oh boy, oh boy, another false equivalency from a shill who isn't even paid to be a retard on the internet but does it anyway.

they own 40%, tim owns over 50

Because back then Steam was just a pain in the ass that didn't actually offer any advantages AND it ran like shit, constantly having slow ass updates forced on you. People only started liking it once the store got good.

Dude, you literally get banned if you buy games there. What other argument do you need?

>No retard, crying SHADY SHADY SHADY SHADY does not explain WHY its shady.

What is your dysfunction you Chinese fuck? I clearly explained to you it is shady because IT WAS ADVERTISED FOR MONTHS AS BEING ON ONE PLATFORM ONLY TO SWITCH LAST MINUTE TO ANOTHER PLATFORM. THAT IS SHADY. THAT IS DECEITFUL. THAT'S NOT A GOOD BUSINESS STRATEGY.

Again, you are LITERALLY picking and choosing pieces of everyone's argument to respond to and ignoring everything else. I wrote an entire post explaining my thoughts, and the ONLY thing you do is make fun of me for using a word over and over. And then you act like you have an argument. You're a fucking joke dude. You have no argument at all. Your posts have just been getting consistently worse. You initially said that all arguments against EGS were 'blatant shitposts' and now you are doing nothing than shitposting.

That really just goes to show me you got owned by superior facts and logic, and since you have such a big ego don't want to admit you were wrong, and just dig your heels into the dirt and start doing the very thing you thought all these pcbros do: shitpost.

You're an autistic retard. I'm done responding to your stupid ass because you are not bringing anything useful or intelligent to the conversation, mouth breather.

>because back then I was 5 years old!
fixed

>we both explained
Again, retard, all you two shills did was cry SHADY
>If you preorder a game and it's lifted from the storefront you bought it from, then you have to fight for a refund
Nope, you get a full refund on Steam
>Would you like to tell that the people who backed Shenmue 3
>Backed
Holy shit, what a shocker. A kikestarter was a scam? Who could have possibly seen that coming?
Ive got no sympathy for the retards that got scammed by Kikestarter in twenty fucking nineteen.

Attached: valle.png (281x326, 171K)

>I hate Valve, but they're the lesser of two evils
Valve’s only problem is that they are basically an anarchy in the form of a company

Yeah, I get that. I was saying that if Tim owns >50%, then Tim doesn't own

Reminder that Microsoft bringing game pass to the Windows store is actual competition, not the bullshit Epic is pulling.

Dont like it
Simple as

I loved the complete silence when he revealed Autochess would be Epic exclusive.

Look up the internet and you will certainly nobody find that said THANK YOU, I really wanted to use the internet and your additional software to play my video game to be controlled like a criminal.

t. 6 years old in 2004

more like
>buy out several ips like cs go make them steam exclusive
>make your best ip steam exclusive
>make drm a thing
>service made steam b-big I swear
fuck off

>an anarchy in the form of a company
Yeah, that shit worked during the early years at Valve but now except the hardware team, icefrog and steam store people, they have been making shit because they managed to employ retards.

>IT WAS ADVERTISED FOR MONTHS AS BEING ON ONE PLATFORM ONLY TO SWITCH LAST MINUTE TO ANOTHER PLATFORM.
And? If you paid while it was advertised on that platform, you got it on that platform.
>THAT IS SHADY.
No, its not.
>THAT IS DECEITFUL.
How did they deceived their paying customers when they delievered the product that they paid for in full?
>THAT'S NOT A GOOD BUSINESS STRATEGY.
Oh no, the people that didnt want their game anyway arent going to buy their game anyway. What a fucking surprise.

Attached: 1533513518859.png (320x320, 60K)

For me, its the stupidity of how they're doing everything. I'm not even a steamdrone but I use steam because its convenient and has lots of shit. If epic store was comparable or better I wouldn't have qualms about switching. That said
>they need to fuck off with the golden handshakes to buy exclusivity
its only villainizing them with the community. If they just made their storefront and client BETTER, people would come and use it. Forcing them to use it because there's no alternative isn't good practice.
>catering to the devs so they (and by devs they mean publishers) get more money is great, but it doesn't do shit for me
Epic store does nothing to incentivize the consumer who is actually (or potentially) using their product/service. Its nice that devs potentially get more money, but I'm the consumer, I'm not using a shittier product just to benefit some other company or CEO. The free games shit is a start but it'd be great if they offered games that weren't shovelware, or just did regular heavy discounts on good games like steam does massive seasonal sales. (preferably sales that they don't pull items from like their last trainwreck)

The spyware shit is also sketch af. Even if its "harmless" it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

>SLIPPERY SLOPE FALLACY
Its called incrementalism and its a very effective tactic, especially since retards like you keep calling it a fallacy

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE SHOPPING CART, YOU SLANT EYED NIGGERS!?

Attached: ITS NOT THAT FUCKING HARD.jpg (600x600, 75K)

Here's how it actually went down.

>makes mod for Dota 2
>it blows up
>pulls up to Valve HQ
>threatens Gabe to release a standalone for Epic unless he gives in to his demands
>Gabe is having none of it and announces his own standalone

>complaining making FIRST-PARTY games exclusive to your own store
>complaining about DRM when EVERYTHING is DRM

>ignoring the massive success of Steam despite how piracy dominated PC gaming and pretending it didn't even happen

Attached: 1522267806930.gif (406x452, 20K)

>And? If you paid while it was advertised on that platform, you got it on that platform.
Not true for Shenmue 3, unfortunately. Everyone who paid for and selected a Steam copy will be getting an Epic key, no refunds.

and the result : when epic makes less money, tencent makes less money, when epic makes money tencent makes money, but there is a big difference, when epic makes deficit, tencent has only one option : throwing more money towards tim or selling their shares back to tim, selling shares is pretty nice when you know what you do

You insult epic so you are a steamdone by default.

>retards that fell for a kikestater are getting scammed
>somehow this is epics fault

Attached: 1501348360854.gif (512x807, 469K)

If they actually cared about the future of the white race and their children they would be supporting environmentalism. They don't have any realistic ideas or plans, just edgy racism and fantasies.

>>complaining about DRM when EVERYTHING is DRM
this is your steamdrone brain, drm was not big back then before the fat fuck forced steam, stop sucking gabens cock

It's at Walmart user

Intelectual property law is designed to make each ip its own monopoly, it does this for very good reason, so not just anybody can start making and selling mario games for example.
When you then make ips exclusive to a platform you have monopolised that ip

>They would have gotten exactly what they paid for if it wasn't for Epic.
>"somehow"

this is now a based tim sweeny thread :)

Attached: 1560185736574.jpg (680x486, 181K)

Does your dumb ass even what DRM is?

>The simple fact of having your money and information on yet another launcher/platform, when we don't yet even know how safe it is, and even big companies like Sony have been unsafe as shit
>Provides nothing Steam or GOG doesn't already, actually not even close
>A little like "Why don't you use Origin"? Because I hate EA. And I also hate Epic
>Same as "Why would I join Google+ when I'm on Twitter and none of my friends are?"
>Aggressively steals games, on the last minute, instead of actually making a competitive launcher. If the money's so good for devs, why do you have to bribe and bar them from Steam?
>I hate that cunt Sweeney and I don't even know him
>Fuck giving money to Fortnite zoomer shit
>Slight worry about Tencent
Oh you took BL 3? I can wait a year, as I always do anyway, and get it, with all DLCs released, on Steam and play it with my friends, who are also there.

Attached: 1560196983239.jpg (827x960, 40K)

He's stealing my games!

>He's not putting any effort into his posts anymore
So this is what it looks like to lose...

>Epic FORCED Ys Net to take the exclusivity deal
They received an extra 4.3 MILLION DOLLARS on top of what they were asking for, its almost like they couldnt meet deadlines and went over budget even when working with, again, an extra FOUR POINT THREE MILLION DOLLARS.
Feel free to explain how its Epics fault and how poor Ys Net was FORCED into taking their exclusivity deal besides the fact that they had, for a third time now, an extra FOUR(4) POINT (.) THREE (3) MILLION DOLLARS to deliver the game as advertised on the Kikestarter.

Attached: Shenmue.png (714x579, 737K)

epic paid for the exclusivity
so they are to blame

shenme devs accepted the money so they are human trash

So I admit I have most of my games on steam or the blizzard launcher, but are there any PC titles that don't require an company owned launcher with drm or at leasta an online activation these days?

Let's go over this real simply. If Epic didn't buy exclusivity, people who paid for steam copies would get steam copies. But because they did, those people don't. Fairly black and white here.

see
Where'd that extra FOUR POINT THREE MILLION DOLLARS go? Surely if they were on track, able to meet deadline and not a complete fucking scam they'd be able to deliver the game on Steam without needing a bail-out from Epic, right?
If Epic didn't buy exclusivity, people who fell for the Kikestarter wouldnt have gotten anything. You dont just fucking lose the extra FOUR POINT THREE MILLION DOLLARS you're given when your original budget was two million, why couldnt that FOUR POINT THREE MILLION go towards putting the game on the platform it was originally advertised for and not have to rely on a deal from Epic?
Fairly simple, Kikestarter is a scam and has been a scam long before Fortnite Battle Royale. The only people to blame for Shenmue being Epic exclusive is the people at Ys Net that couldnt manage a project and wasted a grand total of SIX MILLION, THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY THREE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY FIVE DOLLARS ($6,333,295)

I say it’s more black and grey, but I agree.

You, fag. You are the problem in using epic game store.

>samefagging your own post
Ouch

Reminder all Chinks bow to the BSC

Attached: 40259731-480px.jpg (480x360, 20K)

SURE SHOWED HIM HAHAHAHA

Attached: 37a004f4f03e87dd5ff878c578f145bb.png (1339x630, 104K)

And the army worms that are eating their crops. And truck-kun.

>it's okay when Sony or Nintendo buy exclusives
>it's not okay when Epic buys exclusives

Stop not being a launcher idort.

Attached: file.png (1024x805, 695K)

Yu Suzuki pulled an Inafune on you fucks why haven’t you realized yet

Have you heard of the say “ give them and an inch and they will take a mile”

N-NOOOOOOOO S-SAVE ME STALIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: culfv4a1t3e11.png (1009x849, 953K)

Name an example of Sony or Nintendo snatching away a multiplat at the last second.
Dumbass.

Sony and Nintendo make their own exclusives and make 3rd party exclusive contracts before the games are ever announced.
>Being a launcher cuck
Stop not being a pirate. Launching from my desktop straight into my games without launchers loading up is the most redpilled way to play.

Everything on GoG

they've been given an inch 3+ decades ago you flaming homosexual. go dilate

>Steams only competition
what is GoG, like seriously GoG has more users then epic and is a genuine better product how the fuck is Epic supposed to be the only competition.
GoG even has games that aren't on steam.

If you exclusively sell a product then you by the very definition have a monopoly on it.
Epic buying out everyone for exclusiveness litteraly is monopoly forming.

GoG even let’s you play ga,es without the launcher.

>those don't count because i said so

Is it just me or is this just devoid of all charm?
Gaben just gives off a nice, warm, almost fuzzy feeling, like he's just fun. And he enjoys the criticism.

Tim just looks like that annoying faggot from middle/high school who would remind the teacher that they didn't assign homework when it was less than 30 seconds before the end of class. Even if the title "Epic Boss" sounds cool, he looks completely unfit for that title.

a waste of resources is a waste of energy, which contributes to environmental issues
you might think the numbers are irrelevant, but when you consider millions of daily users it gets big

They don't count because your comparison is bad. Learn2read launcher bootlicker.

Don't abandon physical media. Demand its return. No more video game leases. Enough of STEAM and EPIC.

>distort a previously very free market into a console like exclusive market under the justification that you think steam being a market leader is a monopoly even though you are literally directly monopolizing games and stongarming the market with nothing but money manipulations

Chink Jews

>Tim just looks like that annoying faggot
That's because Tim is a faggot
A few years ago he was whining about Microsoft, how they're apparently building their own monopoly with the Windows Store that came with Windows 8 for software and games and how this is a bad thing for everyone. Now he's trying to do something similar with his own store, so fuck him in general

Discs are for faggots.

I dont need gog to get gog version of the game, so no. It must be steam only period.

Didn't Gaben say this exact same shit about Microsoft while working at Microsoft and left Microsoft to form his own company to circumvent/compete against their hold on the gaming market?

>monopoly
Ummm sweaty only steam is a monopoly

steambeciles are just upset that their trading card and badge collection is about to be even more of a retarded waste of microtransactions and time than it already was

Attached: 1509575278034.jpg (600x697, 40K)

>supporting monopolization of vidya, one
That would be Gaben :^)

haha
the world can burn for all I care

Welcome to capitalism! Buy games from Steam and only Steam. That's a good goy.

He looks paralyzed from all the Thai rentboi STD meds.

Suck my disc, fagget.
this guy* just devoid of all charm

I picture trying to have a conversation with him, and he does that awkward laugh. And when he talks it just kinda trails off.

>buy out several ips like cs go make them steam exclusive
you mean games MADE buy valve, the creators of steam?
I mean all blizz games are battle.net exclusive and you're not complaining about that.
heck no-one is complaining that fortnite and other epic games are epic store exclusives.

I'm using it solely during the sale to get the games I wanted to try while costing their store to eat the $10 bonus you get off.

I bought Journey and Flower because they were cheap.

At least it doesn't run like shit like the MS appstore.

"""Apps""" can eat my dick.

I always read this as if it had a strong Scottish accent, he does look like a kiddy diddler tho

I'd rather burn down all the forests he's bought than give Winnie the Pooh my browser information.