They even said they haven’t even started planning for Part 2 yet

They even said they haven’t even started planning for Part 2 yet.

This is so fucked, get ready for a 10 year game.

Attached: 0C2C6749-2A68-4780-A9AF-678698A2B928.jpg (918x902, 164K)

is part 1 really just midgar? how in the fuck are they expecting to shove everything in a part 2 without serious cuts being made

Yes it’s been confirmed that part 1 is only Midgar.

>Implying it'll only be 2 parts
It's going to be AT LEAST 3. I wouldn't be surprised if they stretch it out into even more parts...

4 parts in 8 years.

You think it’s only going to be 2 parts? I’m guess at least 4-5. They will milk and drag this out so badly. $60 for each “game”.

Seriously fuck modern Square.

If this means Golden Saucer gets it's own game I'm down

jesus

Attached: 20180803_202800.jpg (636x634, 247K)

Why didn’t they mention this to the crowd at E3?

I am honestly still happy, a worthy sacrifice for a 2 disc Midgar

>inb4 file bogus bankruptcy in january 2020
>Game sells 20m with 60 bucks and few million 300dollar special editions
>Yōichi Wada laughs on his way to bank

The game at this point won’t be finished until like 2027.

What's the matter? FFVII was a 50 hour RPG. The remake's Midgar section alone will be a full-length 50 hour RPG. When all is said and done you're getting an expanded FFVII that's going to be maybe 4x longer than the original. More story, more character development, more areas, more bosses. How the fuck is this a bad thing?

>The remake's Midgar section alone will be a full-length 50 hour RPG

>literally the first ten hours of the experience which is 40 hours long at best

So expect another three episodes? Who gives a shit when it's actually happening and finally coming out.

They've revealed it everywhere else. It's even on a Wikipedia page, for God's sake, so you really can't say you weren't warned. If it means more content, then that's fine.

From aforementioned Wiki page:

>One of the biggest changes was the fact that the game was planned as a multi-game release: according to Kitase, this was because trying to fit the game onto a single release would entail cutting large parts of the game, which went against the team's vision. By splitting the game into multiple parts, the team were able to give players access to areas in the game, such as within the city of Midgar, inaccessible in the original. Each game is planned to be on a similar scale to Final Fantasy XIII.

So you're not getting JUST the bits of Midgar as in the original game, you're getting the whole damn city and then some. The devs didn't have to do it this way, but they did instead of compromising their goal of a better remake.

Are people really expecting this? I would say 15 hours MAX for Midgar.

We're getting a two blu-ray game March 2020 and the entire thing is Midgar. You think we're getting a 15 hour RPG across two discs?

WRONG
>“It will essentially be a full scale game for each part of the multi-part series,” said Kitase. “In XIII, each installment told the story from a different angle. It was kind of like approaching an unknown territory in a sense. Whereas with Final Fantasy VII Remake, we already have a preexisting story, so it wouldn’t really make sense if that isn’t encompassed in a multi-part series. So if we’re just looking at each of these parts, one part should be on par with the scale of one Final Fantasy XIII game.”
The Midgar part alone that we're getting on two discs in 202 is the length of a regular numbered FF title.

open world Midgar
tons of fetch quests like Lightning Returns

The thing that people aren't realizing is the different parts will be structured differently.

>Disc 1, no loading screen interconnected open-world Midgar
>Disc 2, other areas of the game as smaller contained areas with airship travel ala Kingdom Hearts 3

>Part 2
>People are going to spend 59.99 ameribux for part 1 of a game made 20 years ago

Soulless as fuck desu

I'm not buying this shit
Why pay for a part only? Speak with you wallets
WE WANT IT ALL
Since 2005 they are teasing us, enough

yeah dude i bet that shit bloated with cinematics

There are faggots on this board RIGHT NOW who genuinely believe this piece of shit is a GOOD game director and they call him a GENIUS lmao

Attached: f5639c878106baa53f5e84f5be71be93.jpg (640x640, 27K)

They already compromised their vision up and down the street. It is their decision not to just remake the damn game.

How is this any different than when they adapt a book into a multipart movie

Wasn't Lighting Returns 15 hours?

>like Lightning Returns
You know what?, i'm down for that; LR was a cool game

how do i get a body like this

It isn't, which is a big blaring warning sign. The Hobbit movies were terrible.

This would be like adapting one movie into multiple movies

Its the same a people hate that shit. The Hobbit remakes should have been 1 fucking movie. Its a 100 page book and the movies adding all the appendix stuff from LotR destroyed the pacing and atmosphere of the original.

More like the remake's Midgar section alone will be a full-length 5 hour RPG

Bruh... there’s at LEAST gonna be 3 parts

How far does Remake part 1 go? End of midgar?

Probably up to Kalm since ending it DIRECTLY at G bike seems dumb.

The remake should've just been a graphical update desu. Everyone would've eaten that up.

no boobs no buy

Getting to Kalm will probably be a cutscene, no way are they going to model anything outside of Midgar

yea i dunno bro, if they do that it'd be pretty cucky that you can't go anywhere else like you could in the original

My man. No one ever seems to mention Golden Saucer. I won't them to expand the shit out of that. Truly one of the best minigame collections in a game ever. Make it even better. A whole fucking themepark.

I also hope they expand on that one mountain defense minigame. It was simple but somehow fun as fuck. I had a save right at it so I could replay it whenever I wanted.

Yeah, absolutely.

Fort Condor is probably guaranteed to return because it has a plot element later in the story