Pathfinder:Kingmaker Enhanced Edition

Now that it has been Enhanced, what did Yea Forums think of Pathfinder:Kingmaker?

Attached: pf enhanced.jpg (1920x1080, 883K)

Other urls found in this thread:

easydamus.com/neutralgood.html
gog.com/forum/pathfinder_kingmaker/ineffects_guide_v2/page1
d20pfsrd.com/
nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/36?tab=description
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What did they enhance?

Main story was serviceable but the kingdom management part of it felt really tacked on. When it came to that tielfing bitch dlc I couldn't find myself willing to go back and restart solely due to traveling the overworld and waiting around for the main story to advance. It's okay 9/10 etc.

There have been many quality of life changes and some new features such as mercs being able to become advisors, throne to world map teleport, teleporting between settlements, coup de grace, faster loading at the cost of ram, inspect enemies for stats/lore, tons of new enchanted exotic weapons that were forgotten before as new loot, sprinting, roguelike dungeon etc
Not to mention most bugs are fixed now, especially quest/story ones that would fuck you up.

Attached: pf sluts.jpg (500x354, 77K)

I was playing Labyrinth of Refrain when this game came out and I put it on the backlog, should I pick it up now? Is it similar to dungeon siege 2?

It's far more similar to IE games.

Attached: pf exotics.jpg (703x805, 153K)

Before I stopped due to bugs I was at the point where you can kill Tartuk or get him as a vassal, did they add anything significant before that point in the enhanced edition?

*Hargulka I mean, the troll nigga

My wife Valerie IS cute! She IS cute! You SHOULD romance Valerie! (You should! You should!)

Attached: Valerie.jpg (702x700, 123K)

The Enhanced part is a free update if you already own the game.

what ie?

I'm sure your autistic dedication makes your wife proud, user.

I can't find it thanks to the poor choice of letters in that acronym. Please help.

I'm planing to make a second playthrough on maximum difficulty after stag lord without bard, druid and cleric. Am I going to be fine?

Attached: 43b3c7bc8689.gif (400x225, 487K)

I'm asking if I missed any new gear/encounters before that point

Some QoL, visual effects, and more unique equipment

Thank YOU user! You ARE a GOOD user!

Attached: Ergot Valerie.png (2000x2198, 1.69M)

>you should date my wife
There's a word for those like you user

Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Torment ya literal zoomer.
In the case of Kingmaker it's also similar to NWN1&2, D&D cRPGs

There are some enchanted exotics you can find early on now, but it's not that much of a difference unless you somehow specced into orc double axes etc or wanted some more money from selling

I recommend on Hard instead.
Regardless the game loses any semblance of challenge after you get Stinking Cloud, be it on normal or unfair, so long as you understand how to debuff and buff.

Attached: feyshitters.png (695x900, 942K)

We EACH get our OWN Valerie user! My Valerie is NOT your Valerie SO we CAN all romance Valerie! All anons SHOULD romance Valerie!

Attached: Shy Valerie.jpg (1000x707, 150K)

All of them of are insufferable thots

Ah right Infinity Engine
Smh for thinking people would recognise the fucking engine by an acronym

Please stop responding to this autist, you're just encouraging him

I want to SUFFER Valerie! (I do! I do!)

Attached: Crispy Valerie.jpg (435x600, 98K)

>Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Torment ya literal zoomer.
WHAT FUCKING IE YOU RETARD?

Infinite Engine my zoomer friend.

>not much of a difference
Thanks man, am excited to finally continue with all the bug fixes.
There any more chances to get monster vassals like Hargulka? I'd like to know before I decide on being a human supremacist or a monster lover

Waiting for the last 2 patches - 2.0.2 and 2.0.3 to be cracked, playing pathologic 2 in the meantime
Any news from the next game?

Don't compare immaculate Jeanne to this hoe

Attached: image (1).png (924x524, 645K)

slavshit

>it's an "Arcane Sorcerer MC wipes the hard encounter with cloud spells"

Attached: 1545980269788.jpg (413x648, 39K)

>manface
nah

Yes
But it'll be much less non-human supremacist and much more evil overlord

Last 2 patches already in for GOG pirate, go to rutracker

>he didn't get memedon or bropard or doggo for a +2DC increase only at level 15

There are.
You can also recruit a Lich advisor if Evil

I got a friend in her

I find him entertaining.

What! Who IS this CUTE wife! Give me armored wife!

>My wife Valerie
>You SHOULD romance Valerie!
Fucking cuck.

Arcane Sorcerer's main draw is in having more and better sorceries, user.
You get 3 more spell picks thanks to New Arcana. You get a great free spell selection on top of it too.

I get that user, but in the end even as sorc you want to spam the same small number of amazing spells anyways.
Certainly not going to make up for not having a strong as fuck permanent summon that can trivialize whole battles by itself or even have retarded tank tier AC while keeping crazy damage/other features like trip at very high check

Still waiting for further bug fixes and improvements to turn based mod

What!

Jeanne d'Arc from Jeanne d'Arc

Attached: gfs_85840_2_29.jpg (480x272, 32K)

Thank YOU user! You ARE a GOOD user!

Attached: Pretty Valerie.jpg (719x720, 239K)

I recognize that Level-5 frog

What aligment gives most interesting choices in Kingmaker?
How randumb you can be with Chaotic Neutral?

Here's hoping you divorce your trash waifu

Spent about 4 hours reading and making my character, spent about 45 minutes playing the game, realized the combat was dogshit, alt f4ed.

I did pure Neutral run, managed to broker several peace treaties while also not giving a single fuck about the said people. It's great.

The authentic 3.5 experience

What!

What's the best Kineticist element combo if I want to be a mage with cc/damage except I'm not cucked by vancian casting?

newbie to the game here
I wanna be a 2h or polearm user
would barbarian or fighter be nicer for that

Chaotic good__

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

All 4 options they give you are alright but sadly with gutted utility options as expected of vidya
Get whatever you want

>How randumb you can be with Chaotic Neutral?
Very. "Trying to be deep while having a speech about nihilism from your throne" levels of randumb. It's bad to the point where I had to skip most choices restricted to Chaotic alignment on my first playthrough.

>literally "if you kill them you become like them" aligment
>lets fucking slavers go

Attached: 1555538684426.jpg (480x486, 17K)

>if you kill them you become like them
Isn't that neutral good?

No, neutral good is "slay that evil motherfucker, i don't care"

Pretty sure that's chaotic good. Your description of "chaotic" does not sound impulsive at all.

lol no
easydamus.com/neutralgood.html
are you the guy who was also trying to say lawful stupid = merciful and then gave your definition of it, which was ACTUALLY lawful stupid?

It is. CG is more of an SJW alignment, you just screech incoherently at anything that offends you.

That's LG for fuck's sake.

Dunno, I'm still waiting on my favorite mods to update before I continue playing.

Attached: 1560174785592.jpg (236x236, 19K)

and by ''it'' I mean lawful good

Which one?

pls no alignment debates
they always lead nowhere

Attached: Alignment_Demotivational.jpg (500x400, 31K)

It's trash, just like the main game.
Horrible hidden time limits on every fucking quest on an 50+ hours long, exploration themed CRPG is retarded.
Constant pointless skill checks on fucking everything leading to the worst quicksave/quickload experience ever if you don't want to get constantly fucked over by RPG.
Entire world map locations and zones requiring a once per level perception check, otherwise missable. Jesus christ WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING.
No take 20 on opening locks AND you can only try opening chests once per levelup, leading to yes, more fucking quicksave/quickload.

I'll concede that LG and LE are peak alignments then.

Why does every description uses "She"? Is this a DnD thing or just Pathfinder?

Attached: lawful good.png (1280x651, 633K)

I can feel that
LG, NG, LE, NE are ones that I like

Somehow both

The problem with this is that it explains neutral good
but other than that yeah lawful good is pretty nice

>every
That's not even remotely true. Like a half of descriptions use male pronouns.
It's more of a current year thing than anything else.

Ha. Unironically both of these

alignments are stupid anyway

It’s a weird DND thing since at least 4e to basically pick a pronoun at random when describing a subject.

Not even that. The slavs are just so lazy, that the just gave every class a single gender.

My thoughts exactly.

Any sane GM would only use them as extremely basic guidelines for some creatures and never enforce unless religion is involved anyways, I'm more suprised it hasnt been somehow removed entirely after years

Could it be just a bad translation? In russian words have a predefined genders, and it's translators job to get rid of it.

Neat. Getting the Trolls required Chaotic, any more minion choices locked into Chaotic? Because I had to edit my guy to CE cause LE didn't let me accept the trolls

Which Kingmaker girl would feel hotter to lose a fistfight to?

Nope, most lines are taken directly from the playerbook in the first place

Well... possibly. But I'd assume this comes from Paizo - most likely the original tabletop descriptions.

I can't into this battle system. Lack of voice acting in most parts also turns me off.

Attached: 1470706559464.jpg (1095x1195, 269K)

>every time i reload my feral mutagen claws bug out and dissapear

DROPPED

Attached: bee master.webm (406x360, 994K)

It appears Eldritch Arcana, Multiple classes per level are the only holdouts left

Never played Pathfinder. What's a fun class?

Do the new dungeon dlc, get hostile kinetist spawn check his damage die "10d6+22" Proceeds to one shot party members.

Keep on going my absolutely based friend

Attached: 1548242139119.png (397x338, 99K)

PF has some of the worst encounter balancing in the history of CRPGs.

My favourite class is Inquisitor, but it might be a bit tough for a first timer.

The Sword Saint, it's a type of Magus.

>just rack in ranged feats
>set banes to auto during fights and click at your lol fuck u buff once at fight start at hard looking ones
>delete the entire enemy roster by yourself
Not really

Hmm? The only fight that felt bullshit was the early spider swarm cave, the rest all felt like I needed a dose of gitting gud.

Might have been balanced but exp is fucking bugged in the dungeon, sometimes it just cuts all gained exp to 1/6 for no reason. Even with one dude.

Mad Dog barbarian with Smilodon pet. Fun, fairly strong and newbie friendly.

Attached: 1554368893762.jpg (1920x2688, 2.99M)

It IS a fun class and all but a companion comes in with that archetype so be forewarned, user.Also not that easy to properly build unless you have some crpg or p&p experience

Swarms weren't even that hard, you just needed a counter which you were even told about.
The main problem is difficulty spikes with retarded bloated enemy stats where your fighter-type character gets oneshot with a crit.

>a companion comes in with that archetype
Reg's an Edritch Scion not s Sword Saint

>Swarms weren't even that hard, you just needed a counter which you were even told about.
If you don't have a caster MC and didn't get companions with AOE early on it's a pain in the ass even with the mostly useless molotovs.
>difficulty spikes with retarded bloated enemy stats where your fighter-type character gets oneshot with a crit
This really is mostly just a case of gitting gud, like backing off to go level up someplace else, getting new gear, or remembering to prebuff accordingly so you can resist shit like finger of death. I'll admit that the golem dude who WTFRAPES your entire party with his spray attack is a bit of an extreme case but even he can be defeated with enough big bioluminescent brains.

Druid.

Is there any way for the Sorcerer to enlarge his pet?

>make a party of 6 rogues/slayers
>trivialize the game

why is sneak attack so busted

Attached: 2435.jpg (499x499, 26K)

You have torches too and those molotovs did really work for the swarm fight though and they reworked it so swarms are optional anyways

If you mean familiars that cant even fight, they are essentially just stat buffs in this game because you cant do half the shit you could in p&p
If you mean summons or anything like that, you do have an enlarge spell that works on nearly everyone

Who else Nintendo, FROM, CRPG masterrace?

How do you teleport between settlements?

Enlarge Person works on Sylvan Sorcerer pets?

>You have torches too
1 damage a hit on a 9hp enemy.
>those molotovs did really work for the swarm fight
They kept missing/doing 1 damage when I went through that part. Granted it was in a very early build so it might have been related to the absolute state of the game back then.

4e tried to change it but just made it more retarded instead of just throwing it out the window.
Instead of an axis it just become a straight line. Lawful Good-Good-Unaligned-Evil-Chaotic Evil
4e had a lot of really questionable design decisions like that.

Yes user, it should.Enlarge and reduce person spells are really useful anyways, you'll always find a use for them

is this game turn based shit or RTWP?

real time by default, has turn based mod though.

It's the only good RTWP game ever made.

4e was simply too streamlined in general desu
Wish they actually put some effort into turning 5e into something better as well, I still have hope for it

You need to be of a certain Arcane rank to be able to build the tele circles

Which patch fixed the enemy stats doubling saves again, 2.0.3 or 2.0.2?

Bros i have tried playing both a sword saint and a divine hunter but i was forced to restart those due to bugs and also they kinda sucked a bit. This time made an aldori fighter dex fag with a dueling sword for enhanced edition, it's decent but not very fun.
Should i keep going with this build, or try one of those other classes again or what is a decent class to try that isn't a full mage or rogue?
In the video game version of pathfinder is multiclassing even worth it?

Filter to get rid of this tranny:
/^[^>].*[A-Z]{2,} ([A-Z']?[a-zI']+ )+[A-Z]{2,}( (\w+|'))*\!\)?/m
/\! [A-Z]((\w|'|\d)* )*\w*\!\)?$/
/\((.*\!) ?\1\)/
/^(>>\d{5,10}\n)*.*[A-Z]{2,}.*\!$/

I'm surprised he isn't banned yet
this has to be some type of avatar-posting

Chaotic good is giving everyone a chance even if they made a massacre
Neutral good is good boy who kills bad people but can give a chance to some like the bandits in the first act
Lawful good is basically kill everything that seems evil even if they are crying or had good intentions

you just know this dude is fucking his cat

I'd say your definition of chaotic good goes more with neutral good, since neutral good is known as the benefactor/redeemer

>Lawful good is basically kill everything that seems evil even if they are crying or had good intentions
Not always, there was some evil shit I couldn't kill without a chaotic evil action like that drawing goblin in the Troll's Stronghold. I don't really get it

yo this nigga FUCKIN CATS

Not that guy but what makes him a tranny?
Has tranny simply become the nu-Yea Forums version for fag?
Or are you faggots actually this fucking obsessed with men who want to pretend to be girls?

Inb4
>d-ddilate b bro haha g-gotem
>d-defending trannies kek seethe

>are you faggots actually this fucking obsessed with men who want to pretend to be girls?
Yes one hemisphere of their brains is entirely full of tranny dicks and the other one is entirely dedicated to chinks.

Attached: alignments.png (930x320, 36K)

Attached: memedon.jpg (3840x2160, 3.08M)

>Not that guy but what makes him a tranny?
The fact that he acts all quirky and that he has to assume a persona to get attention.

Been stuck in this boss for hours.

Help me out here. Give me ideas.

Attached: Creativity, my worst enemy.jpg (1920x1080, 427K)

>chaotic evil not beating both the man and the woman
>no 3rd option for chaotic neutral to join in on the kicking

gog.com/forum/pathfinder_kingmaker/ineffects_guide_v2/page1

Are these builds any good? I'm planning on respecing everyone and follow these guy's builds (with a few alterations here and there)

Which one makes use of the distraction to steal things from the mill?

neutral evil

Name it Drittes Reich

Only if you're too retarded to think for yourself.

>going for a shitty unoriginal meme name
>not naming it unstolen lands or recovered lands
Nah

>they still haven't fixed the capital i's for languages that have them
AAAA SEEÄ°NG THESE Ä°'S FUCK WÄ°TH MY DAMN AUTÄ°SM AAAAAAAAAAAAAA STOP Ä°T

What build to salvage Amiri

1 point of vivisectionist or maybe monk
You can do a meme magic build with her too but that's shit

Just replace her with Nok-Nok asap

This. Nevermind Nok-Nok being one of the most funny companions instead of dumb stronk wyman with no sense of humor.

No fun allowed. Everything remotely unique or new is considered cringe or some sort of shill. Newfags have gone so hard to prove that they're cool kids that everything is fucking fake and gay.

>want to do all the companion side-quests
>most of the companions have shit stats and I just wan't to make a full team of mercs
Why does this happen in every crpg.

There's some funny shit about Amiri if you know her backstory a bit better but she's an iconic paizo character so yeah, dump her
If you want, Ekundayo is also really stronk but kinda cliche.

Nigger ranger can deal some hilarious damage though and doesn't bothers you with inane bullshit like Amiri. Also can't really fault basically Punisher storyline.

Most companions are powerful.
Ekun and Nok-Nok are lethal
Tiefling slut is overpowered due to Kineticist being retarded op
Linzi could be a lot better but Bards are great
Octavia has min maxed stats and best wizard build
Regongon is good enough
Valerie is the only one that stands out but even in her case she can be a mean intimidate tank which is highly useful
Well, Amiri is shit I guess.

>play on hard
>"wow this game is actually hard"
>get ekun
>game basically becomes story mode

well that was short-lived

Yeah, troll punisher who actually is so fucking effective was cool to see and he's built like a truck from the get-go compared to others which might need a player to know how to use or build properly
Ranged inquisitor+Ekundayo melts through half the shit without even trying

Minor complaint, but it's annoying that you need to take companions along for most of their quests.
For some reason only Linzi knows what a printing press looks like, but Jubilost doesn't

recommend builds for the varnhold dlc

Haha user, just wait till you meet the king of the trolls or rape-of-wisps, it picks up again

not played the game but could you go into more details for example hidden time limits??

>rape-of-wisps
Not that user, but those fuckers made me rage.

Don't listen to the retard. They are there, but they are extremely long. Also EE added new feature that when you have last 30 days, it lets you know.

are slayers any good?

>start game as NG
>slowly become mad with power and tired of insubordination

Attached: fall.jpg (578x563, 142K)

Well, user, even Unfair becomes story mode with le devourer of metal le brap cloud
Ideally around level 5-6

>king of the trolls
On Unfair Ekun properly buffed still massacres him in mere rounds. The only difficulty is having your tank survive but you can cast Displacement and all sorts of defensive buffs to make it could, plus debuff him, he has not so good Will and Reflex.

>rape-of-wisps
They still can't do anything on Unfair with resist & protect from lighting second rank, the only problem is hitting them since they have absurd AC, basically bring Jewbilost or have patience.
If it's your first time on Hard then sure you could get mad at certain battles assuming you don't know the best strategies yet.

The game is extremely generous with time limits and it also now warns you with a big prompt of YOU ARE GOING TO FUCK UP IF YOU DON'T SOLVE THE DESIGNATED PROBLEM SOON for casuals who thought it would be wise to go adventuring while their peasants were literally exploding into owlbears and spiders

Main quests, companion quests and "problems" all have time limits. The game doesn't tell you how long you have. If you run out of time, you fail the quest. Of course you have multiple side quests active at the same time and you also want to explore the world, then if you made the wrong priorities, though luck.
Problems are missions you can send your advisers on in the kingdom simulation. The shitty thing is, you need to level up your advisers which takes like 2 weeks. If you just sent someone on a level up and a problem pops up, you might fail it before your adviser that can handle it comes back from training.

Go fight the golem in the Ornate Ruins if you want an extra spicy sandpaper dildo with no lube.

He's retarded. The time limits are extremely obvious like characters being attacked or cities being invaded, people just say their timers are hidden cause it's not straight out spelled out like with Bald Hilltop curses.

>will o wisps
I was talking about a particular encounter where 3 of them just ambush you

Is he OK?

>starts as a LE guy, shift to LN
>start as a LN guy, shift to LE
what is wrong with me.

>The game doesn't tell you how long you have
It does now.

what's the closer class to the typical assassin?

Rogue duh

He didn't bring fire and acid flasks to beat swarms.

Alchemist (Vivisectionist) is great. And you have lots of "spells" that work as poisons and shit an assassin should have.
Plus you gain rogue sneak attack.

It's unfair that a game with such a rich and interesting class system has such a fucking awful campaign and no modding.
I want to try out many classes, but I'm struggling to enjoy the campaign even on my first playthrough.

>got Punished Ekun outcome from side quest so started checking journal on a lark
>Sweet Teeth failed
>wut
>Sent them for bones and saved all of them from soul eater
>simply completing the tiefling's quest auto fails Sweet Teeth
Cool stall the quest until you do Varnhold, give zero breathing room after Vordakai, and then pull this shit, nice. Luckily I had a save right after I sent them so I at least saw the outcome and I don't think that quest is relevant to the romance

>zero focus in Necro
>get cloak of sold souls
>Irlene drops off some ridiculous +DC Necro rod
>dropping 31DC Fingers before Curse IV on a non-Arcane, non Necro focus Sorc
You can push some schools so hard, damn

What do you mean by awful campaign?

the whole lawful/neutral/chaotic axis is just retarded in implementation honestly
>Has tranny simply become the nu-Yea Forums version for fag?
a retarded hybrid insult both used a generic one and for any remotely political opinion you don't like (that is to say not mimicking /pol/)
as I understand it it originates from /r9k/ and /pol/ and the whole discord tranny debacle
I guess I'm getting old but the last few years of edgy insults have seemed stupid as hell

So just play the new roguelike dungeon from the latest DLC.

Is the turn based mod any good?

>alignment arguments

Attached: just.png (346x361, 10K)

Go play D:OS2 zoomer

How do the two extra campaigns/DLCs work? I saw that you can select them from the new game menu, are they standalone and separate from the main campaign?

the discussion on it has been over for a while

It's the better game, so sure.

cute that you'd think so.

will d&d noob like myself find any enjoyment in this game?
is it really that hard?

I had the bug where shandra would disappear during the story shortly after the death knights showed up. Is that fixed in Enhanced and will I be able to return to my old save?

Attached: pathfinder orgies.png (991x260, 385K)

Not that hard and it has a very detailed difficulty system that you can always change ingame. It's more like annoying where part of the game is a cakewalk then you meet an enemy that literally oneshot kills your tank. Just quicksave a lot.

do i have to read guides & minmax or can i go with the flow and use whatever sounds cool.
i'll play on easy for the first run

You can probably do whatever you want on easy.
If you feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of options this guy has good builds and alternate builds that can help you gog.com/forum/pathfinder_kingmaker/ineffects_guide_v2/page1

Fixed and even if your save is "lost ", now you can assign advisor roles to mercs who can have minmaxed stats for far higher rolls anyways.

You don't really need it for Easy.

d20pfsrd.com/

There are useful ingame tooltips.
If you never played D&D 3E or Pathfinder then the biggest challenge will be creating your main character, since it's such a huge infodump. Just read all the tooltips.

tl;dr to simplify things a bit: start with human, put 16 into your primary attribute and choose the +2 human bonus for the primary attribute too for a total of 18 at start. Rest can go into constitution and dexterity. The game will tell your primary attribute, like STR for a fighter, INT for a wizard, etc.
When it comes to feats, don't choose any of the ones marked with red on the bottom of the list, the game is pretty good at telling you which ones are useless for your class.

Valerie is pretty based

Valerie IS pretty and she is ALSO based!

If only she had a bit less of a manjaw and a more round face.

If only she was less of an unlikable retard.

>used goods

Some multiclasses are good, but it's not like 3.5 where any pure build is a shot in the foot. For one, there are many less dips

Isn't every female used good in this game?

>play unfair, figure I can deal with a bit of save scumming
>get to stag lords fortress
>full health characters instantly die from single hits, not even crits

Well shit.

I also figured out it's impossible to start as Lawful and get to Neutral by the time you have to do old sycamore, so you can't take a monk level and keep the monsters alive

>and keep the monsters alive
Who cares about the Fey faggots. Make the Kobolds your bitches.

It's hot trash, lags out half the time, turns randomly won't end and it turns 10 seconds trash fights into 5 minute ordeals

Varnholds Lot basically adds one extra quest and minor changes to the main campaign, you're best doing it after the end of Season of Bloom if you want to avoid spoilers, or just blitz through it if you're already played through the main chapter 3

Not sure about the new one

do the other companions in the varnhold dlc ever talk or can I switch them for mercenaries?

fuck i wish i waited a while for this

based

I already did DEUS VULT.playthrough, I'm mixing it up

No, they don't. And you should take your own mercs most certainly because those are subpar. Absolutely take at least one caster (Cephal doesn't count) and priest with you and some form of see through invisibility or you are into a world of pain.

Tristian is pure though

Water tiefling as well but you have fuck her sister to be able to fuck her

Tristian is male (male) though

Hey, I only care about others being pure. I'm not interested in being pure myself.

Yet still more feminine than every single girl that can join your party
>A-user-coon thanks for helping me b-b-before.Here, I have a gift for you

Preach it brother, time to fuck a tiefling slut and her pure twin sister

Disgusting.

Attached: 1410394052802.gif (300x296, 44K)

Like I generally wouldn't mind quests on a timer but when the entire kingdom management game depends on locking you to 2 weeks of skipping to upgrade your shit that is pretty shit design.

didn't this only come out like a year ago? was it really that much of a mess that they had to re-release and rebrand it? Also do you get to set any sort of backstory in-game or are you just a random mook? I want to roleplay

user are you an illiterate mook or something
All the planned dlcs are out so this is common practice
Where the fuck do you see anything about a re release or a rebrand

his boypussy is pure, but his soul is tainted and corrupted.

There's a mod that changes the 2 week events and others to a single day. Makes the game almost playable.

Oh cool, how does it work with already running saves with events going on and stuff though?

I have no idea.

The release was a mess yeah, but they get some extra attention by calling an update "Enhanced Edition!", so why not?
You don't get a backstory, though you start from level 1

Much better than the dullest rpg of all time. Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: img-pierce-brosnan_165321196698-750x1000.jpg (750x1000, 159K)

Fuck off. PoE had some very memorable characters and writing.

>replying to copypasta

>actually responding to pasta
PoE one had many mistakes but it was understandable as it was a new IP and all
I liked all of the companions but the main villain felt weak and they dumped too much world building dump instead of properly showing them instead
Then PoE 2 came and took a big pile of shit on everything

Deadfire has a much more interesting setting and factions than the first game. Main story is about equally as shitty.

Fugg, any other anons that tried it then?Dont wanna bork my save but it looks like a really good mod

How's Tyranny?

Name it "UnStolen Lands"

>Main story is about equally as shitty.
You actually accomplish something in PoE1 at least.
Deadfire nothing happens borking its whole premise and hype marketing.

True and that's what makes it sad.They finally take the interesting parts of 1, the gods and companions, retcon personalities and just fucking lower the quality of writing all across the board.I had high hopes when they first showed it with the setting and all though.
Really good setting with all of the issues talked about PoE 2 like terrible writing
There are seriously good ideas and the setting itself is nice but it still falls short and everyone feels unlikable, not the oooh they are supposed to be bad people unlikable but just boring or cringy unlikable with a few interesting tidbits at most.Gameplay is ok after all the patches.

Attached: 1460802554074.gif (200x200, 820K)

Is anyone having Issues with Enhanced edition?

I am still getting the 'no loading' bug at the start menu animation.

Pro tips for anyone gunning for the Tiefling threesome, rest after second quest with Kalikke in party for camp convo that'll almost instantly max her romance values out, then with Kanerah after coronation say "I lik u" with zero qualifications to make her drop her spaghetti and run away. I think a lot of people fuck it up by either not going neutral in the second quest and by continuing to flirt and play games with Kanerah after

>mercs being able to become advisors,
Oooo really?

>second quest
Which one was that?

What the hell do I do now after getting my kingdom? Should i build something? Should I start a project? Claim a region?

The real Baldur's Gate 3 and the only great D&D-based RPG since the fall of BIS, that does everything right except for optimization and bug-hunting, which are the true bane of any Slavic-made game
This game should become a precedent for all the RPG developers in the future to use as an example of an epic RPG game that stays true to its role-playing origins and has a proper amount of content to it, spiced with hardcore gameplay and interesting story.
I wish Owlcat all the best and hope that with their further projects, they will take their well-earned place amongst the greatest game developers of modern age.

Attached: Owlcat Games.png (927x960, 47K)

Still no turn based?

Still no play.

The one in the Kamelands with the Soul Eater after Vordakai

I'm glad to see someone else that shares my opinion here, user.
If only Owlcat had been the ones chosen to make BG3, then I'd truly be at peace.
BG3 by Larian will probably end up a good game, but it won't be nowhere near what I'd expect out of BG3, especially mechanics wise.
Only slav autism and grognard love can give birth to such things in current year, especially after some Sven remarks already uttered.

Attached: pf harrim cute.jpg (604x604, 162K)

Were the game breaking bugs actually fixed? Is it actually possible to beat the game without hacking workarounds?

Early on, claiming regions > ranking up advisors, everything else. Regions have artisans in them and the sooner you unlock them the faster you can get their free items and gear. If you have the Tiefling dlc go get her asap since she's a Treasurer and you won't have one till Chapter 2 starts

What about the projects? Like rebuilding the elk temple. Can I just start that one?

You don't want to do projects that'll have your advisor AFK for months early on, it's pretty crippling.

So when should I do these projects? Or should I ignore them entirely?

Just get the mod because it's less about balance and more about tediousness

I beat the game months ago with no gamebreaking bugs.

In fact I rarely encountered ANY bugs at that point.

Later on when you have time and money to burn. You'll have double the advisors once you get most of your major stats to just before rank 4 and that's when you're able to afford sending people off for ages.

Now that I started playing again with EE, I realized the game is just so god damn boring even if they fixed all the technical issues.

Kingdom management is still complete ass on design level with the only notable gameplay effect being artisans that give you random gear you often end up selling, buildings are still mostly useless apart from the handful that give actual effects like bonuses to problem card rolls since you get free stat gains from solving cards. Interactivity with different parts of your country literally boils down to "assign advisor to every single event card" or "spend 2 weeks sitting on your ass doing nothing". It's just a compulsory money sink that doesn't do anything apart from avoiding a game over. Oh, I guess you do seldom get stuff like poison immunity inside borders that is literally useless to anyone who isn't retarded enough to forget to have their cleric cast the spell that gives 1h poison immunity to entire party. Kingdom alignment doesn't seem to do anything apart from what props and uninteractable NPCs that repeat the same dialogue over and over again get placed in your capital square.

Companions range from annoying to merely decent, even the supposedly evil characters aside from Jaethal are often just a little bit dickish than actually evil. Very lackluster evil options for the PC as well with the both LE and CE choices often just having your character kill possible allies and quest givers or simply telling them to fuck off on first encounter, meaning you lose out on content and EXP for no visible return whatsoever. Exploration is unfun because nearly all locations are just literally one small clearing or a cave with a handful of mobs, all the while minor and major NPCs keep mentioning foreign locales that would be infinitely more interesting to explore than another fucking forest / swamp / cave. Main quest just stars boring monsters of the season who are incentivized by a bitch I'm apparently supposed to feel sorry for.

My only complain is Pathfinder itself. It's so overwhelming for anyone that has never touched DnD before. I spent 3 hours alone in the prologue just reading and researching because I had no idea how to build characters or what DC is, for example. I'm sure If I had plenty knowledge already this game would be a wet dream but as it stands it's infuriating. Still ploughing through though because it's really fun and i'm loving all the things going on.

>That pic
Coincidentally my PC is a Elf Sorcerer/Dragon Disciple, but with Red Dragon Blood.

yeah because the term enhanced edition has never meant a re-release you fucking retard

>reading up on pathfinder original loreTM
>reading up on any non base pathfinder thing ever
>reading up on anything about pathfinder society module or even the idea
God damn I'm glad they only took the good-ish parts of pathfinder while making this game and not add garbo stuff that also happen to be official

Attached: Vomit.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Roll my new character.

Tower shield specialist wizard :^)
On a more serious note, be an airbender or monster huntan' inquisitor

Nigger wizard

Chad Monster Tactician of Erastil with Animal Domain, Stag companion.

Attached: z4px2ghizfq11.jpg (2776x3788, 3.27M)

Universalist mage.
Personal quest: learn every spell in the game.

>try the game at launch
>Half the abilities are flat out wrong, like saying dragon monks don't use charisma.
>Ridiculous class restrictions that force you into an alignment because fuck you if you want to actually roleplay.
>Terrible vancian casting system that punishes you for ever casting a spell on something that isn't a final boss.
>Bug swarm enemies mean you literally aren't allowed to bypass having a magic user in your team.
>EPIC progressive moments such as pic related
>Random encounters that are literally unwinnable early on
>Difficulty consists of just shoving extra AC ontop of everything. Wolf? yeah thats 40 AC bro GG

Did they fix this garbage?

Attached: 1287858855415.png (598x452, 386K)

Is that even possible?

10 ac base
+11 +2 full plate armor
+4 tower shield
+1 dodge
+1 shield focus
+3 amulet of natural armor
+3 ring of deflection
+1 morale bonus
= 34 ac

I think I'm missing a couple things so say you can get like 37 ac with a fairly specialized character with the best possible gear around midpoint in the game. an enemy at that point has +28 or better to hit, which means 55% chance to hit. even if you cut that in half with a displacement spell that's 27.5% chance to hit. enemies attack 4 times a round so you end up with an over 50% chance of getting hit at least once in a round. it probably takes at least 2 or 3 rounds to kill an enemy and you are probably trying to tank more than one enemy at once so there is a very high chance that your tank will die or end up near death very quickly.

this is my problem with the game. you build a character for the sole purpose of being good at one thing and end up being barely effective at it. meanwhile a druid has spells that can debuff the enemy, deal damage, heal, and has a pet that's almost as good as your tank. martial classes are the niggers of d&d 3.5. pathfinder was supposed to "fix" that by at least making them powerful in combat, but kingmaker undid all of that with its "balance."

A Melomancer?

Kingdom or barony? This is important.
It looks from your question like you are at the very beginning of the game
>Should i build something? Should I start a project? Claim a region?
Whenever possible, you should do everything at the same time.
Invest your shekels into building points (its not like you will need to buy a lot of stuff anyway, aside from all the bags of holding) and develop your settlements
Most important events are "problem" ones because they will fuck up your stats if left unaddressed, there is a time limit on all of them.
Second priority lies with "opportunities" because they also have a time limit.
"Economy" events have no time limit, you should only resolve them if you have a free adviser and the reward is good enough.
You can freely ignore "Curses" because you will not get the secret ending on you first walkthrough anyway.

Claiming\Leveling advisers requires your personal attention, i.e you cannot do anything else at the same time, so you should really consider the situation at hand before spending these precious 14 days. If you have somewhere to be, if you haven't completed the main quest for the chapter yet - you shouldn't spend your time on claims\advisers, unless the main quest tells you to "await further developments" Oh and if you do have time, claims>leveling.
Last meta-game advice for you - consider putting your new settlements as far away from each other as possible, it will be inconvenient at first, but when you'll get your arcane adviser to level 3 - you will be able to build something that will allow you to teleport between your settlements in an instant.

I just follow character building guides. Too brainlet to get into all of this. The "build however you want" is just a meme and litereally never works right in any RPG.

Owlcat are too small. They are 30-ish people I believe while Larian grew massive after major success of both DOS and DOS2. Surely, things look nice for Owlcat and at least one more game is on the way but shoulderering BG3 on them would be too much. Besides, I'd like to see them adapt more pathfinder APs.

>Defensive Fighting
>CE
>Shield enhancement bonus
>Dazzling Display
>Crane Style
>you build a character for the sole purpose of being good at one thing
You didn't do it properly. It's also a party game, meaning you can achieve higher values than that through ally buffs, exactly the values needed to only get hit 5% of the time at that point, thus making you feel warm and happy about your tank character.
Martial classes are extremely strong in Kingmaker when properly buffed, as they have always been in most D&D cRPGs. Ranged characters are insane.

They might be small yet Kingmaker alone is bigger than 99% of RPGs released in the last decade, if not the biggest of them all.

Dunno, you're sort of missing DEX bonus. Plus if you don't tell us what's the character level it's hard to judge whether it's good or bad.

>I am dumb
>I am also shit
>here's my opinion as to how this one thing everyone talks about and uses doesnt work now with a shitty redit meme word