What is the best JRPG of all time...

What is the best JRPG of all time? Do any of them stand the test of time or do people rate games like pic related so highly just because of nostalgia? I ask because I haven't played that many of them and feel like trying some, but don't want to get memed by nostalgiafags.

Attached: Chrono-Trigger-Cover-Art.png (2048x1437, 1.16M)

Secret of Mana because it doesn’t have shitty turn based combat

Yeah it has shitty action combat

You know it to be true.

Attached: original.jpg (1500x700, 285K)

Chrono Trigger only has 2 bad things:
1-Almost half the game let you skip combat by not touching an enemy on the map, then you get random encounters that you can't avoid.
2-The fucking Blackbird level is pure shit.
Other than that, it's perfect.

Chrono Trigger is the best and it has aged very well, even the graphics.

Earthbound

Turn based Chrono.
SJRPG FF Tactics
ARPG Kingdom Hearths 2

Pretty much this
Game goes from 10/10 to 4/10 for the whole areo dalton "haha we so funny lets drag this out for an hour" shit

>I'm sure you can find any kind of peak in a genre made up of thousands of games that cater any kind of possible taste and design conventions
If you even ask such incredibly idiotic questions it's clear you're not old enough to post on this website and should do something better with your time.

Suikoden 2.

The first one was better. Jowy is one of the worst characters ever, I still can't believe the make up ending was the "good" ending. Dude deserved to get put down after all the shit he did.

Give Legend of Legaia a shot too, it's got nice battle and magic system.

>atb
>turn based

what? SUikoden 1 has the worst ending in the fucking series.
>Lol I'm the king of this land who got hyponotized by the evil witch. Except I didn't actually get hypnotized I just thought she looked like my dead wife so I let her do all that fucked up shit and war crimes because I miss my wife :'(

I'm replaying pic related right now and it's mother fucking kino.

Attached: 1531888815139.gif (303x307, 1.24M)

For me its ff6

Attached: d295540a2a19738e63a1e1242a6701d0.jpg (827x1169, 224K)

Don't listen to nostalgiafags, Persona 5 is hands down the most lit JRPG ever made

FFX now, FFVII Remake next year.

Breath of Fire 3

...Playing Non Non Biyori?

this

for me its the McSMT, the best Jay Are Piggie.

haha

Attached: 7ikcqOY.jpg (482x856, 234K)

They didn't age that well, but there is definitely some novelty purely because games like that aren't really made anymore and it's just not an experience that can be had with modern games. Chrono Trigger isn't a bad place to start.

mario and luigi superstar saga

i meant op's pic related. Chrono Trigger is awesome

Mah Terraniggama.

lurk more

play ao/zero no kiseki, they are god tier and not outdated.

skies of arcadia has always been my pick
too bad sega forgot it exists

Attached: 45-027.jpg (568x432, 47K)

Seiken Densetsu 3 is literally a better version of Secret of Mana.

yessah massa