Soul

Soul.
youtube.com/watch?v=erU86ZT8z4I

Attached: File_City.jpg (300x250, 18K)

Digimon had so much potential as a franchise, but they kept fucking it.
The anime was fantastic at times.

I still don't understand what the fuck they were thinking with DW2

It's that special time of the week again my fellow Digi-Chads

I just wanna something like this game again.

Same as with the anime, they just completely did random shit and had no idea about franchise building.
Either they chased trends they saw, or they had people who wanted to do X and let them.

Apex soul. Also: Gear Savannah (day)

Digimon World 1 was amazing, then with DW2 they changed the formula and fucked it up.
Digimon Adventure was amazing, then with 02 they changed the formula and fucked it up.

Attached: terriahentai.png (637x478, 124K)

Next Order was okay, but you can really tell it's a port from vita

DW3 OST is amazing

I feel like with the anime they were going the sentai route, where each season was a new group of teenagers with attitude.
The games though, I have no idea. Were dungeon crawlers like that popular when it came out? All I can say was that 1 and 3 were charm overload with the music and area design.

02 was a continuation of Adventure, people still don't know what the fuck went wrong and why the script for it is such a huge disaster.

That said, Tamers is better

It was just not the same feeling. Idk, something about seen the file city growth along side your adventures, expanding your options, it was like every new Digimon you find, add something meaningfull.

soulless

Attached: 2lexqx8l7hm21.gif (1920x1080, 1.82M)

Digimon World is among my top 10 games of all time.
It's so much fun when you look up a few guides and wrap your brain around it.

I'd like to play that.

Still don't know why there's any rom hack around, there's like a billion of pokemon, why is so hard to make one of dmw1 with more maps and more digimons

That happened accidentally, when they made Adventure it was a surprise hit, so they followed it up with 02 which was a disaster, so they rebooted it with Tamers.
Tamers was great, but wasn't taken that kindly at first because the old cast was gone and when the kids got their megas and merged with their partners, the approval for it skyrocketed. So executives thought kids wanted to be Digimon and that is why and how Frontier came about.

It being rebooted every season was literally just mistakes after mistakes

Digimon World is famously broken. The latest is a Korean exclusive PC port from like 2011 or 2013 I think

Pokémon has tile based maps and the Pokémon are just sprites, DW has prerendered backgrounds and 3d models.

File City..home.

Only problem I have with that is the palette is too bright and colourful compared to the original.

How did Konaka get away with it?

Attached: [PLSP-card] Digimon Tamers 50 (H264-AAC) [90174819].mkv_20131001_231025.165.jpg (640x480, 59K)

>tfw want to recreate the card game from DW3 but it wouldn't be the same without original assets which I'd get a dmca for
why live

Top down views with these almost chibi-like representations of Digimon are pure soul, and pixel art just makes it better.

Attached: metalgreymon.png (640x480, 382K)

God the pixel art in DW3 is so amazing shame the battles are so slow and grindy