What happened? Even BoTW wasn't this barren

What happened? Even BoTW wasn't this barren

Attached: 1530007765806.jpg (1920x1080, 653K)

Because gamefreak are hacks.

>WE WANT AN OPEN WORLD POKEMON GAME
>WE WANT IT IN 2019
>WE WANT AN HD HOME CONSOLE VERSION OF POKEMON
>WE WANT ALL 800+ POKEMON IN THE GAME, FULLY MODELLED EACH WITH THEIR OWN UNIQUE ANIMATIONS

Gee, I wonder why GameFreak just gave up. Entitled brats you are.

We've been telling you for years and years that Game Freak are incompetent.

>most valuable ip in the world

>WE WANT ALL 800+ POKEMON IN THE GAME, FULLY MODELLED EACH WITH THEIR OWN UNIQUE ANIMATIONS
oh you mean that thing they did in xy and didn't bother to port?
poor little billion dollar company

Is that really what you think

it's most likely still going to look like shit in the final release seeing how lazy gamefreak is. i'll give it another look when it comes out but right now this is a hard pass

>Most profitable franchise of all time
>Put in the bare minimum effort to make a functional product

Attached: 1560347422984m.jpg (1024x590, 55K)

>he thinks literally anything will be done in 5 months

>Am I out of touch? No, it's the consumers who are wrong

This faggot sucks a lot of dick

What do you expect from a studio/franchise that has been doing the bare minimum for two decades now?

Attached: 4684213284992131.jpg (307x305, 32K)

Attached: C740A926-E892-409B-B2A5-CB5B1053B4F9.jpg (700x913, 131K)

How the fuck was BotW barren? There was interactable stuff everywhere. The game would even spawn in wild animals, bugs, comets, and other stuff if you ended up somewhere super remote.

But the answer to why SwSh looks terrible is GameFreak.

sun and moon was the bare minimum and this has less than that
give that some thought

>wheels clipping into the ground
>grass is two jpgs intersecting
>npc's pop in at a distance
>npc's still move on a grid making them look like robots
>40% of the dex being canned because they're too lazy
>raging fanboys screaming that extra work will kill the devs so it's acceptable to remove content when all they have to do is outsource their issues to other contractors to get the job done with all the money they have

Honestly, for being one of the most beloved and wealthy gaming companies in the current year it's fucking shocking to see such laziness and watch as the world just eats it up. Where the fuck does all the money go they make from the games, anime, card game and general merchandising?

>Gotta catch them all
>Whoops you can't

Stop defending these lazy fuckers

Masuda's hobby is making paper boats out of money and seeing how long he can float in it.

MOST SUCCESSFUL AND BIGGEST MEDIA FRANCHISE IN THE HISTORY OF PLANET EARTH.

NO EXCUSES
O

E
X
C
U
S
E
S

Game Freak should be one of the biggest developers in the world. They should have like 1000 employees.

meanwhile, in a game literally made by 3 people with less than $20000

Attached: file.png (800x450, 441K)

It should be anime crossing tier smooth. Why is it so fucking jaggy and blurry?

>it's most likely still going to look like shit in the final release seeing how lazy gamefreak is

>>WE WANT ALL 800+ POKEMON IN THE GAME, FULLY MODELLED EACH WITH THEIR OWN UNIQUE ANIMATIONS
All the models and animations were finished years ago; at WORST they only have to re-texture everything. Stop using this argument.

based

all these furshits think throwing money and devs at software makes it go faster, just look at patreon

This bait is never gonna get old.

GF has gotten bored with Pokeymans; even their token niche meme game Town looks better than this, even with the cluttered UI.

Attached: 1507248681212.png (2000x2000, 295K)

No they added more animations for this game

t.

Attached: unit.png (642x465, 536K)

Are snoys seriously still seething about botw? Holy shit how pathetic

People are stupid. All you can do is complain hard enoug, then Gamefreak's shareholders will start forcing them to try. And if that doesn't work, find where Masuda lives and kill his hack ass. Amazed we haven't killed subhumans like Rian Johnson/Michael Bay/Reki Kawahara yet

gamefreak doesn't have shareholders. It's not a publicly traded company.

this isn't a snoy thread retard, go back to your console war discord

>There are mobs
Whoa! It's an empty open world with nothing to do other than fucking around with Bokoblins like in a sandbox game, it's barren. Oh and the "comets" do literally nothing except drop an item in sn unspectecular way. Look at Terraria if you want to see comets that actually improve the world.

>beloved game franchise finally leaves the handheld market and makes it into console gaming
>somehow has less effort put into it than when on the 3DS
How is this even possible?

Attached: 23a.jpg (500x375, 27K)

Blame the loyal Pokefags that have been buying their bare minimum games for decades proving that they can put out literal shit and they'll still sell it like hotcakes.

Attached: 1558377788835.jpg (500x281, 41K)

>Terraria

Attached: 1555599436641.jpg (500x500, 52K)

They know it'll still sell millions.
Normalfags buy anything with pokémon on it

>WE WANT IT IN 2019

Not at all honestly. I'd rather them take a few years extra and do it right. The problem is that they half ass every game just to pump it out every year on top of being incompetent developers in general. If people want it every year its because the last one they put together is missing a different slew of previously successful features and adds more mostly shitty gimmicks. So people look forward to the next one in hope the next half assed yearly entry will at least of most of the features they want. I genuinely don't understand where all their money is going to hire more and better devs though. I guess the pokemon company just doesn't give a shit. It's really a bizarre situation.

Attached: fat-pikachu-57be2e0708e87.png (498x464, 241K)

No. Normalfags don't play pokemon outside of maybe pokemon go and even that's died out after it lost its novelty charm.

Everyone I work with is going bonkers because a new pokémon is going out on the switch and the pre ordered it instantly.
They don't care about the game, they only care that it's pokémon and how they loved the game boy version

>take a few years extra and do it right. The problem is that they half ass every game just to pump it out every year
This makes sense once you think about it for a half second and realize that the games have always been solely for children. They're literal children's games, so expecting anything more is fucking stupid. Every year that they're not making pokemon games is just leaving money on the table for them.

If you're upset by these new ones coming out, the games are not for you. They're created for children ages 4-12 and girls maybe slightly older than that.

You work with children.

>DeathStrandingNintendoSwitchVersion.jpg

Attached: Scaramucci.jpg (1400x788, 100K)

nah, at least death stranding was graphically sound

This is now a chair thread

Attached: 1542568564236.webm (380x606, 474K)

Everytime a new pokemon game releases I keep seeing the same disappointed posts from people who buy these games, and then the trailer for the next game pops up and their frothing at the dick again like Jesus has just touched down. Why do you faggots do this to yourselves. Just stop buying the games, you already know what you're getting.

Attached: 1546970242989.gif (145x170, 193K)

That's not entirely true. They are clearly also trying to appease boomers who grew up on the games which is still a sizable market. If they wanted to make it solely for children they'd stick to Lets Go format. You're mostly right though in that children are the major demographic and their only real concern is revenue.

Why hasn't Nintendo bought them yet is what I always wonder

>Wii game

Attached: yeah i know the baked lightmaps arent feasble for an open world game but still.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

That hasn't been a slogan in years

> I'd rather them take a few years extra and do it right.
hahahahahaa
pokefags will complain about where is the new gen everytime becasue they want their games to change.
Popele thinking that any dev will be willing to pick pokemon and all the work it needs are delusional, open world today have shit for variety not sure why people expect Pokemon to have that.

I'm more upset that they're sacrificing including having all pokemon for seemingly no improvments in models or animation

I always wanted to play a game set in the LOD landscape from Oblivion.

Attached: jKLDUIO.jpg (3840x2160, 665K)

The pokemon themselves are the variety. Catching them all in thoughtful and interesting locations with freedom to choose where you go is all the game you need. They can even keep the exact same combat system and everything they've built upon. I have 0 hope or expectation that will happen but its just easy to see the potential for anyone.

This is the future that you choose by buying Let's Go.

Attached: 1557677773282.jpg (980x1040, 138K)

This.

It's not like SW/SH is amazing visually and totally sets a new and incredible stanard for Pokemon in terms of animation/sound design/detail. It's just 3DS tier shit.

This. Gamefreak are obviously not giving a shit because of how retarded the fan base is with their demands
>we want new pokemans gaemfraek
>omg why is thier new pokemans gaemfraek where is my big lizard dragon

yes look at the catering to little kids with the genwun shilling

Most of the fanbase, which is filled with delusional retards i.e. that faggot who complained he can't transfer his dead friends mon, don't even realise that the switch cartridges only hold a max of 32gb. Let's go has 4.1gb in total but that was only gen 1. Imagine having the company use all 800 models as well as adding new move animations, new mons, OW encounters and etc. All of this would most likely amass to a total that is near the 32gb limit.

All in all the people to blame are both Nintendo, Gamefreak, Creatures Inc and the stupid tranny fans

Gloria, you're always on the run now

must be really hard to mod this...

Gen 7 was about 4gb and had everything, using the same exact models on a much weaker console. There's no excuse

This is a 2019 game of a franchise that sells about 10 million units per main series release and has been around for about 20 years.

That will be 350 bucks for the console and 69,99 for the game please.

Attached: vomit.png (1920x1080, 1.96M)

Good jokes.

Attached: pokemon_then_pokemon_now..webm (640x360, 2.48M)

>being a pokemanchild

Attached: 1390313017232.jpg (544x691, 49K)

well it doesn't make sense how LGPE has 4.1gb and is only the entirety of gen 1. It's literally a difference of how powerful the consoles are and the quality of the games, meaning that for gen 7 they most likely compressed the code or just graphically downgraded models so that it can run on 3ds. The switch on the other hand would run USUM smoothly if it retained it's quality, however, if they improved it by making the models better etc, then there would be an increase in file size

Anyone else think this looks pretty soulful?

Gamefreak is actually fucking incompetent, how could they make games so long without knowing how to optimize anything?

Attached: 630e8e064185f15817bdadaf0ea4d854.gif (600x600, 574K)

It's not about manpower, they just don't know how to fucking make a game. Look at the stupid shit they did on 3DS with all the Lillies.

shitty game for trash people, a perfect match

Where's the double kick in Stadium.

Gamefreak doesn't know how to optimize user, the games shouldn't even be close to those sizes.

Just look at the difference of resolution between menus, pokemon and the rest of the environment. It's a fucking 3DS game with a few higher resolution models here and there.

Attached: vomit2.png (1920x1080, 1.51M)

>boomers
That doesn't mean what you think it means.

Attached: question-31842991.jpg (625x625, 78K)

>he wants 3DS models just so he can have his virtual best friend
This is why Pokemon will never be more than a glorified GBA game.

why is the every single game on Switch so bleached?

>Herp, we always just had various instances of characters for different teams in the GB games, let's just keep doing that
>Wait, why did the file size get so big? What do you mean we don't have to copy paste the model over to a new instance of a character? What the fuck is a reference?

I still can't believe they are that incompetent. No wonder Iwata had to go in and clean up Gold and Silver.

The 3DS models were high poly and caused framerate drops because they were going to reuse them. It makes no sense not to use them.

>genwun shilling is for kids

Anyways, where's that infographic on the demographic for the copies BW/2 sold?
Face it retard, most people playing Pokemon range from 15-25 now.

The game is literally a fucking anime pet simulator that just so happens to have an RPG attached

Fuck off

>cut pokemon
>now have less pokemon to make merch of
>less pokemon to add to the show
>meaning you're making less money

incredible idea.

HEARD Y'ALL MOTHERFUCKERS LIKE BLOOM

That's a huge demographic range, why would you group 15 year olds with 25 year olds?

I'd wager most of the copies sold were for

Genwunners are indeed boomers. Unless you're thinking of baby boomers. In which case you must be incredibly new.

I don't understand how there's adults that still glorify Nintendo products and defend them for free online.

Boomers are baby boomers. Nobody outside of Yea Forums uses dumbass Yea Forums faggot speak.

Let's Go was a waste of time and money that they could have spent on S/S
That and the fact they they've switched their focus to games like Town was always going to hurt these games.

Guess where you are, chief

Attached: 5f3.jpg (680x695, 34K)

>oh you mean that thing they did in xy and didn't bother to port?

But they said that you just wont be able to port them to sword / shield, not that there wont be all pokemon. Or Im I missing something? Did they really scrap some pokemon?

Yes it was, they just put a lot of trees and ruins with nothing in them everywhere

Attached: this is you.png (800x450, 764K)

>WE WANT IT IN 2019
I can wait 3 or more years in order to these hacks put the other point in the game, but GF care more about fast money

Attached: 1533911741564.png (500x444, 130K)

literal clown world because these three premises are true

Attached: 1525101999417.png (473x516, 163K)

>even fucking doujin/indies ports are better that this

Attached: 1535498243957.png (429x376, 220K)

game freak are technically incompetent and couldn't get 3D to work on the 3DS

in 20 years they'll get a game to look PS3 quality.

Yep. Silver and gold was first a disaster due to it's massive size, then someone from nintendo did some optimising in a hurry and they suddenly had enough room left to just shove the red/blue map in as an extra zone.

This was already proven in the early games where Iwata had to step in to fix the code.

Attached: nFF8Tcs.jpg (480x270, 11K)

I don't need it to be open world. I just want some interesting places to explore throughout the game. The place where the pokemon roam around could've been one of those places.

this isn't bloom

>Leaves the handheld market

It's on the Switch you fucking mongoloid. It's as much a 'console' as the Ouya was. It's a glorified handheld with a dock to make it look *less* like shit.

They are privately owned. It is purely the ceo's decision, he has no stockholders to be accountable too. same thing with, say, Valve.

Attached: 1559007655564.jpg (785x731, 112K)

Attached: D0xku2d.jpg (600x450, 41K)

Did they really removed the ability to ride your pokemon?

Attached: D84TK60UYAAUocq.jpg (1280x720, 222K)

why would you still play pokemon after gen 6? go support good JRPGs instead like SMT or trails

They said there won't be all Pokemon available in the game in any way, and that it's because they were trying to meet a deadline.

And that they were planning to design all future Pokemon games this way.

>Good
>JRPG

Pick one.

ItS tImE tO StOp PoStInG

Attached: x6hinze0j4p212.png (598x630, 872K)