Who will be our Capcom and Namco reps?

Considering Nintendo will probably give us that so they can resell the Smash 4 Mii costumes.

Who do you realistically expect? Who do you personally want? Didn't include other characters as they're less likely.

Attached: Capcom vs Namco.png (528x110, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Doomguy and Artorias

Here's your capcom rep

Attached: becca_body3.jpg (700x1200, 122K)

Ideally, Dante and Heihachi. They especially deserve it after being stuck in PSAS.

>capcom
no

Namco will get Chosen Undead and SNK will get Marco/Fio

Attached: metal slug cast.jpg (562x574, 139K)

We’re getting Travis Touchdown and Crash Bandicoot

Kazuya has a better moveset potential than Heihachi

Heiachi is basically a lock in
>Mii costume last game
>Sakruai said was considered for base 4 but had problems coming up with a moveset (Playstation Allstars came out after 2012 showing he can be done in 2D)
>Namco still only has 1 rep yet worked on Smash more than all the other third parties.
>Tekken is huge overseas yet has a decent west following

This should be the Capcom rep.

Attached: rajang.jpg (800x952, 208K)

Rajang or Brachydios would be unbelievably based

Attached: Brachydios.png (1104x648, 717K)

Last time Sakurai sealed the deal with Cloud, what characters would come close to that moment?
Dante?

Honestly, Goku. No other character would break the Internet as much and cause so much joy but also so much hate, flame wars and arguments.

Heihachi with a Kazuya echo so Namco is brought up to 3 reps like some of the other companies.

And then either Leon or Dante. Both expected / wanted.

He's already sealed the deal with Banjo. Whatever comes next will probably disappoint.

The only one that makes sense is someone from Monster Hunter. Even tho Viewtiful Joe costumes would be fantastic.
Any RE protag not named Chris is welcome.

>capcom
Leon

>namco
none

Something really popular, and I think it cannot be achieved unless it had a fan campaign behind it like Banjo or Ridley. To be honest, the reaction from Cloud wasn't the same than the one we had from Snake.
Modern vidya protagonists aren't that memorable, at least not enough to make people lose their shit if they get included or not.
Other than that, I don't know, Lebron James?

The next two reps will be Amaterasu and The Prince from Katamari.

Sora, Goku, Dante would be decently up there.

Phoenix Wright and T-elos.

There's still no FPS rep pr indie rep, so I would want Doomguy and Reimu. Doomguy is big in the West and Reimu is big in the East. Perfect representation.

The only correct namco rep choice

Attached: Namco15.png (558x747, 308K)

Dante and Chosen undead is the fucking dream. I'd only be okay with Heihachi as a base character or if he's actually really fun, but even then I still wouldn't ever main him. Kos-mos, Ameratsu and Pheonix Wright are also all better for base roster than DLC.

The Capcom rep is Rathalos because they don't get a rep, they get a boss battle.
The Namco rep is not Heihachi because they probably would rather reuse the Mii costume.

only if they use the chibi wanpaku graffiti version

I want a Sony rep.

New theory.
The two videos we got for the DLC newcomers were directly following events of previous videos: Banjo followed K. Rool's scene, and The Hero happens during the second half of World of Light (meanign that it happens after Galeem's first defeat since we see Darkhon).
The characters revealed also followed a theme: Banjo was revealed along a Rare create character (K. Rool), and the DQ hero fought the darkness (DQ is heavily themed around the themes of light vs dark).
If they decide to follow this trend and keep reusing assets, here's what kind of newcomers we could expect (there can only be two, but here are four likely scenarios):
Isabelle, Inkling, Joker and PP didn't have proper trailers, so they are not included:

A)Following the Ridley and Samus fight, a character sci fi themed, possibly a hunter or one used to fight aliens and the like, saves the day.
B)Following Simon entering Dracula's Castle, someone used to deal with paranormal events or different kind of "scary" monsters either helps Simon or saves him.
C)Follow Incineroar defeating Ken, a character specialized in boxing, wrestling, or martial arts come and defeats Incineroar or at least fights him.
D)Following The Hero fighting Darkhon's puppets, this character would fight both Galeem and Darkhon's minions. Probably a powerful character used to deal with gods and the like.

Attached: piglet.png (500x495, 302K)

Gene from godhand

They couldve used Kazuya or Jin if they wanted a tekken rep. Honestly I doubt they’re gonna add any of them at this point

If Metal Slug makes it then Advance Wars need to make it

Attached: advance-wars.jpg (388x391, 78K)

Based but nevereverpilled

>The Capcom rep is Rathalos
>ignoring Ken

>jill valentine follows simon's trailer
>doomguy follows ridley's
This would actually be really fucking cool

Attached: 1556638142539.jpg (256x192, 4K)

-That Hunter from Metroid DS helps Samus (Sylux?).
-Choosen Undead teams up with Simon defeating Dracula with Jolly Cooperation. / Alt. a Resident Evil Rep kills zombies and Draculas Minions [Dante may work too]
-Akuma/Heihachi beats Incineroar with raging fists, that's it.

Doom is a no brainer for the first case.

>Capcom
There's more than enough Capcom representation and if anyone came it would be Phoenix because he's the only character that exclusively appeared on Nintendo consoles for a good long while AND has never had a game not on a Nintendo console.

>inb4 Joker means anybody can get in
90% of SMT games are Nintendo exclusive, just because Atlus pulled a Cloud by having their most recognizable character get in doesn't change this.

I really don't give enough of a shit about the most viable Bandai Namco characters. They're all boring to me.

you're getting Doomguy and Crash, your mii costumes will just be released separately

based

>A)Following the Ridley and Samus fight, a character sci fi themed, possibly a hunter or one used to fight aliens and the like, saves the day.

Attached: G0QQ7ak.jpg (1739x1275, 640K)

Leon and Geralt

Attached: final2mostwanted.png (1756x1018, 1.2M)

>C)Follow Incineroar defeating Ken, a character specialized in boxing, wrestling, or martial arts come and defeats Incineroar or at least fights him.

Incineroar has no gender differences and should always be referred to as it or they unless it is otherwise referred to as either gender which the Incineroar in smash is not.

Attached: incineroargender.png (342x608, 60K)

I want Kos-Mos and Jill (Morrigan being a pipedream)

I expect either Heiachi or Nightmare/Siegfried (way to similar and iconic to work them both somehow) for the Namco side, with Chosen Undead having a decent chance.

From Capcom, I do still haves hopes for Jill to work alongside Leon like the DQ heroes, heck, add Chris too while you are at it. But Dante is also having a strong chance, and heck, Monster Hunter is also likely.

This is a hard one, cause both Namco and Campcon have such a strong library. I will bet for Resident Evil, most likely Leon, though having Jill, Chris and Clare as alts is not out of the question. From Namco, I could go either Heiachi or Nightmare, they are for me the most likely, with, Dark Souls having a strong chance too, but still dubious.

We can do that argument for so many important side characters in almost all the franchises in Smash right now, but Heiachi is the face of Tekken by a long shot, you can argue Siegfried or Nightmare for SC, but not Heiachi for Tekken, so is naive to expect anyother character to represent Tekken outside Heiachi.

Attached: quint.png (472x699, 344K)

>SMT excuse
Except SMT isn’t referenced in Smash, only Persona is.

We are working on the Mii costume theory here, I know, Smash and theories usually go wrong, but hey, Box theory was just as lame and predictable an turns out to be true.

Granted, the geno costume has to come back with the Hero for the Theory to actually wors, but in the meantime we can especulate who among the possible Namco and Capcom reps can get it, which is not a small list after all.

Still, with Resident Evil, Monster Hunter and DMC still in the running, I just don't see Phoenix having an actual chance, specially if Sakurai is saying the true in regards moveset having the final saying to include a character (Phoenix moveset on MVC was awkward as hell, and it doesn't work for Smash anyway, in Smash it would be an even more awkward version of Wii Fit Trainer)

>Namco
Dunno.
>Capcom
Arthur from GnG.

>user doesn't know

Heihachi will stay a mii costune and they'll add Nightmare for sure
Noone is going to expect it.

Not him, but this is lust like with the only references to FF we have being from VII. Persona is part of the Megami Tensei series, specially V now that the clasic demons are back.

Haven't played SC in years, you think they will add Siegfried like with the Heroes of DQ, or they to different now for that to work? I do rather have Nightmare over Siegfried, but for what I remember, the both were to similar and iconic to not have them both.

>would be Phoenix because he's the only character that exclusively appeared on Nintendo consoles for a good long while
Why does no one remember him?

Attached: Sir_Arthur.jpg (217x262, 11K)

>The best game in the series was exclusive to the genesis
>The revival it got was exclusive to the PSP

Why don't you remember his games?

If the whole mii costume theory is true, then on the Capcom side we'll get a RE character, not so sure what we'll get on Namco's side.

>Genesis

Super Ghouls N Ghosts says hi.

Plus the famous NES version of Ghosts n Goblins.

But that means it wasn't exclusive or had all it's entries on a Nintendo system like Phoenix Wright, which is what the user was saying and.what you quoted?

>Simon is in trouble trying to slay Death
>Arthur shows up and shield slams Death right in the skull
>"Arthur
>pulls up his shorts"
would be pretty kino

Just clarifying that the Genesis version is neither the best or most popular.

Nightmare will be the face. In smash terms theyre hitboxes and designs seem too differnt. Mabey it could work since siegfriend was just an alt for him in soul calibur 2.
However if that 2 extra dlc charecates thing was right i could see us getting an echo.

Kachou said it was the best so it's the best. Fucking law man.

I would want Monster Hunter and Agumon
I realistically expect Phoenix Wright and Lloyd Irving

Attached: 1495229525457.gif (500x561, 130K)

Now that i think about it siegfried could totally be an alt but he would just have to look like in soul calibur 2 with his jacked up monster arm.

Heihachi was in Playstation All Stars which also had Raiden, since Smash has Snake, Kazuya (the original protagonist of the first game) is a possibility.

>Capcom
Ammy or Phoenix

>Namco
Haseo

What would cause the biggest shitstorm would be the Goku of the Goku & Chao spirit, he is also a Nintendo character

Why are so many people okay with Geralt but not Goku? Goku is from a manga and Geralt from a book. He is originally not a video game character.

I fucking hope it's lloyd
please nintendo

THIS Geralt is from a videogame, just like Dracula from Castlevania is not Dracula from Bran's Stoker, or Medusa from Kid Icarus is not the clasic Medusa.

Goku is Goku from the manga and anime Dragon Ball, not matter how you handle him. Even Batman or Spider Man have more videogame merits as characters than Goku.

I would love if Agumon and Amaterasu were the last characters, But I understand they're nothing but unreachable dreams.
Dante, Phoenix Wright, Morrigan, Joe, MH, Nightmare and KOS-MOS would be really cool as well. I not too familiar with the rest. Except for Goku, but he isn't vidya

Attached: Agumon card.png (1200x813, 1.39M)

Is this really how it works with Geralt? Are you sure?

the author of the books himself has even distanced of the games, salty as fuck for not getting half of it's profits (his fault, always ask for royalties kids), and telling everyone that those games don't represent his books.

Saltiness from the author aside, the Witcher games still have their own entity, the Books are not ilustrated after all, and the old european TV show is low budget as hell, so everything on the games my be based in the books, but it's made and design by it's own team of artist, so they may be the canon look of the games, but aren't the canon look of the books, if that makes sense.

The are more examples, but the point is that the Witcher videogame franchise is far from, lets say, a licensed game of Harry Potter at this point.

Well, oky then. I guess he counts

Attached: 5381cb2588afd40c3e65ac837e6fddd7.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

Personnal pick:
>Capcom
Leon or Viewtiful Joe, but I wouldn't be dissapointed by Phoenix Wright
>Namco
Lloyd or Klonoa Plz

As the second biggest Bandai Namco franchise, Digimon will enter with Agumon.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

Attached: Agumon_b.jpg (320x320, 49K)

How many cameos did Digimon get in lesser crossovers like Project x Zone and Namco x Capcom? Actually, how many note worthy crossovers has Digimon ever have to begin with?

So what?
WTF is this changing?

So you love some franchises that are used like garbage in any shitty crossover possible. Great! Congratulations.

Unironically Waluigi. Opening the whole Assist Trophy pandora box, and people have memed him to death already.
Either that or Sora.

Outside of realistic choices, I'm guessing Heavy would be that too, but I'm sure most smash players don't really care that much about TF2. Maybe Gordon Freeman instead I dunno

Attached: dabbing-transparent-5.png (224x225, 38K)

>Leon/Jill
Reasonable chances, very popular franchise and there are no horror genre characters playable in Smash yet
>Dante
I'd say his chances are pretty big, but there are some people saying he got deconfirmed
>Phoenix
I don't think he has much of a chance, unless there are multiple fans asking for him, he's not gettin in.
>Morrigan
Her franchise is small, but she's actually incredibly iconic, plus there's MVC, Has a good chance
>Ammy
I love her, but she's a never ever
>Monhun
Rathalos is already in the game representing the franchise. There's noway we're getting the Hunter as DLC
>Viewtiful Joe
Never ever
>Klonoa
lol
>Agumon
His franchise is huge, and he has great moveset potential, but you don't see Digimon crossing over with anything. Low chances
>Lloyd
Genuinely no idea
>Chosen Undead
I say pretty big chances Souls is a popular franchise
>Nightmare
Another unfortunate never ever
>Heihachi
Big chances. Would be nice to see him and Ryu together again
>KOS-MOS
as far as I know, she's a pretty popular choice
>Goku
Not vidya

Attached: 82357683276.jpg (600x605, 32K)

The point, Bandai Namco doesn't care for Digimon as a videogame franchise, they just use it a license. They don't use it to represent themselves, nor put it alongside their classic IPs, and it's not gonna happen.

Oh , "not gonna happen"

Just like Banjo, and Cloud, and Bayonetta, and King K. Rool, and Ridley

Right?

You forgot Chun-li.

Glad you mention Banjo! Your whole argument is how well Digimon sells, and how recognizable it is. How well did that turn out for Steve?

I want Chun-Li, but even if we ignore the Spirits argument, we are not getting a third Street Fighter character when Capcom has still so many IPs to include.

Just give up, mate

Attached: 3784929488.gif (500x282, 363K)

Attached: Smash Venn Diagram.png (1264x1029, 269K)

More anime swordsmen

Attached: received_370056706957733.jpg (1593x971, 135K)

... I wouldn't oppose to this two, if I am honest.

I'm retarded and I don't understand this. Why is Ganondorf there?

Capcom would have to me RE since its their only major franchise on Nintendo.
Namco probably wont get anything else just because they have no one.

Here's your Namco rep, bros.

Attached: KOS-MOS is okay too.png (1000x1029, 646K)

shouldn't jigglypuff (rollout is technically an elemental move) and falcon be in the same space as Ken and Bowser?

All of the major Namco IPs has presences on Nintendo, even if not recent, that didn't stop Banjo or Simon. Sakurai already acknowledge both Tekken and Tales of while working on four, and we have to add Dark Souls, Soul Calibur, Xenosaga and other games, both Retro and Current to that list.

I'm going to presume that Nintendo's going to go with at least one 'waifu' choice to try and drag in those types of weebs.

I think Jill's a little too close to Joker's niche in being "realistic gun' (Feel free to BTFO me with moveset suggestions that don't use guns, though), and as much as I wanna see Darkstalkers, I don't think Nintendo's going to add a succubus to Smash. So that only leaves the Namco waifu, Kos-mos. I could easily see her happening since she's kinda the crossover bike of the company, plus would probably shut up Rex fans as well.

As for Capcom... Phoenix or Dante would be my guess.

For Jill, I can point to you her moveset in MVC games, in the original she has all the wacky cartoony use of her guns, explosives and zombies, while in 3 she has all the acrobatic meele options for RE5. So you can make a perfect moveset for her to fit in Smash an be unique enough (heck, I never though I would give RE5 acutal credit, but thanks to what it did to Jill, now Jill and Weswer are the RE characters that make the most sense for a Smash Moveset)

As for Morrigan being a Succubus... dude, Nintendo added Bayonetta. Still, I would love Morrigan to make it, but unless Capcom announce a surprise revival at EVO, there is no way she makes it over RE, DMC or MH.

I do want to have hopes for Kos-Mos, but just like Morrigan, I don't see Xenosaga imposing itself over Tekken, Soul Calibur or Dark Souls, though I would love to be wrong.

In any case, Jill (being and Alt for Leon, to be realistic here, I may argue in favor of her moveset, but Leon is Leon), is the waifu with the higher chance to make it into Smash at this point.

Almost already in:
>Morrigan
Very probable:
>Monster Hunter
>Leon
>Jill
>Dante
Maybe:
>KOS-MOS
>Phoenix
>Lloyd
>Chosen Undead
>Heihachi
Probably not:
>Agumon
>Amaterasu
NEVER EVER:
>Viewtiful Joe
>Klonoa
>Nightmare
>Goku

Yeah , so let's mention Dragon Quest now.
The second biggest Square Enix franchise.

Same case with Digimon.

>morrigan
lel, mickey mouse has a better chance

Not him, I'm a huge digifag as well, man. It's not happening

No he doesn't. Mickey isn't a video game character

yet, has a better chance than morrigan

Are you really comparing Digimon with Dragon Quest? Let me change subject. Digimon is good franchise in media, as a videogame franchise is mediocre at best, and Bandai's knows it. You can look the reviews now, and the games with the higher notes get a Seven at best (actually, I think the most well recived one ever got a 7,5).

In all their events, they promote the hell of their other IPs, like Tekken or Soul Calibur and Dark Souls, while with the Digimon they act, "Oh, yeah, we have a new Digimon game, over there with the other Anime games we made". Even God's Eaters and now that Code Vein game get more promotion (and Budget) from Namco than the Digimon games. Namco doens't wants to promote itself with Digimon, , and Nintendo has next to not interest in the Digimon IP.

This are far from my most wanted Namco reps, but it's just naive that any character not from Tekken, or Soul Calibur has a chance, at best Tales Of or Dark Souls, but no one else. And I speak as the crying Xeno fan.

You call yourself a "digifag"?
Shut up.

>If you think Agumon has no chance of getting in you aren't a Digimon fan

Attached: 7573995938583857.jpg (900x900, 56K)

How?

>Following the Ridley and Samus fight, a character sci fi themed, possibly a hunter or one used to fight aliens and the like, saves the day.
>The trailer has Monster Hunter get a speical quest to take down Ridley

Attached: 24387253456.png (449x311, 354K)

disney using their fuck everyone powers and use capcom as way to get mickey in smash

He is just saying that Morrigan has no chance, the argument is that even Bugs Bunny would have a better chance. I disagree, but that's the idea.

She's pretty iconic. Everybody knows her because of MVC and porn

Duck Dodgers would be pretty cool, tho.

>a new Capcom rep
not so sure about that one, chief. We already have Mega Man, Ryu, and Ken

Do Tamagotchi's even count as Video Games?

If JIll isn't as cute as she is in MvC then she CANNOT be in

Attached: 34775.jpg (700x780, 99K)

Obviously. Why wouldn't they? And they're called Digital pets.

Attached: 437573458.png (636x477, 282K)

>Morrigan
Please kill yourself

What's wrong with Morrigan?

Attached: 1551599920406.png (400x400, 132K)