So I have the Witcher 3 but none of the DLC

So I have the Witcher 3 but none of the DLC.
Right now the DLC is on sale for 10 bucks. Is it worth it? Also, I haven't really played Witcher 3.

Attached: 5b29e913abe2b8c0a76a8bcac698e0f0.jpg (1000x1367, 737K)

Witcher 3 has the best DLC of all time. Much better than the base game.
t. someone who thinks the base game is mediocre outside of Velen

Are the DLC separate areas or do they add to the base game once installed?

pretty sure they are separate areas but also add in some small story elements to the original (random events) that tie back to the DLC. either way, if you paid for W3, you're retarded to not get the DLC.

one adds,the other is a seperate area

they're side, self-contained areas, but they make reference to vanilla game stuff - a major character in Hearts of Stone is someone you briefly meet early on in the vanilla game (but then disappears), and Blood & Wine, at the end, wraps up the game by having people you met from the vanilla game visit you and talk to you a bit about how their lives are.

Both. One expands a base game area a lot, the other is a separate area.

Did you, uh, consider playing it to know if you like it?

Attached: azppaibwmkw2vpqhby5j-1075467.jpg (800x500, 223K)

Blood and Wine is better than the base game

I wanted to play 1 & 2 first to get the story better. But I'm too lazy...

I've played W1 but not W2 or W3. Should I skip W2 and go directly to W3? I hear it's much better.

Attached: 1550364786868.jpg (1000x662, 248K)

you'll never play witcher 3 then
no point buying the dlc

>I wanted to play 1 & 2 first to get the story better
They won't help.

I hope you like cutscenes with no particular depth and gameplay just as shallow

Attached: 326DA8C0-3FF8-412A-A8C7-7230484FB85E.jpg (700x754, 147K)

2 is great. Don't let anyone tell you different. Play it on a PC and it still looks absurdly good even 8 years after release.

The Witcher 3 is literally the best RPG in the scene right now.

1 & 2 are pretty much irrelevant to 3's main story. You'll miss some easter eggs/callbacks that involve very minor character dialogues, but otherwise not much is lost in translation.
You'd be better off reading the books if you really wanted to be 100% dialed in to TW3's main plotline.
It's not very good, I can't recommend it.

>too lazy to play a video game
what the fuck is wrong with you?

2 is really short

1&2 are fuckin trash and look like shit
just play 3 becuz the girls are sexy and you can fuck them
yeh boi

What was the purpose of Vesemir's death if nobody was going to develop from it?
is this all the Polacks can muster, pure GoT-tier shock drama for a character that doesn't even have a memorable line of dialogue?

Attached: 6683BF8F-954A-43E8-9AB0-E7DE87BBA921.jpg (537x534, 75K)

Anons I am fucking all the unknown areas of the map before doing quests, am I on the right path?

DLC is the best parts of the game

Sure, if you love the inane predictability and the ironic uninteresting nature of the quote unquote Points of Interest.
TW3's open world is really terrible, especially with Roach's controls.
Unless you want to grind out all the maxed out gear and shit and need materials, you may as well just leave that crap alone.

Not all deaths have a purpose.

The other two Wolf witchers are no longer bound to the keep and they go and live their own lives. Duh.

I bought witcher 3 yesterday but I got bored after I played for like 2 hours and didn't see any boobies

The ol' witcher ways died with him.

Attached: 1534602831234.png (457x637, 596K)

Attached: Irina_Meier_Triss_.jpg (1350x1200, 1.21M)

I've found W2 story to be much better than W3, don't skip it

Not all video games have 400,000 lines of recorded dialogue.
They weren't living their own lives before? Eskel just fucks off on the path again, and Lambert either dies or has sex. Not exactly things they haven't been doing beforehand.
You're insane if you think there's change or introspection there.

The DLCs have better writing and difficulty than the base game. W3 basse game was a disappointment compared to what could have been.

Attached: 1557040528892.jpg (720x960, 131K)

HoS and B&W are some of the best DLCs ever. Think Shivering Isles and Brood War kind of good.

Pretty sure those already died, considering he didn't know how to make the mutations.
The books on and about Witchering(?) still exist, and Geralt is just Vesemir Jr.
What I'm really trying to ask is why Ciri is still the same exact fucking character at the ending as she is during the Battle of Kaer Morhen? Vesemir dies to protect her, after she ignored everybody and went into the fray, and then SHE DOES THE SAME EXACT THING in Skellige, the only saving grace being that Avallac'h is a master at manipulating dumb cunts
I don't fucking understand how you can write a character so devoid of humanity. It's like it was all for nothing. You never see any change. She's just still a brash cunt who never learned a thing.
What an insult to the Ciri of the books.
CDPR are hacks.

>ywn be penis-shamed by Triss
why live

why is geralt so handsome and all the npcs are ugly

Should I play KB+m or Xbox controller?

self-insert fanfiction but ugly slavs

Considering more than half the game is manipulation of abhorrent menus, I'd stick with KBM.

They console-fied the default controls such that KB+M doesn't offer much advantage (WEAPON WHEEL FOR SIGNS).

You can however, use a custom keybind script to bind Signs to individual buttons like in 1 and 2, and this is probably the best way to play it.

Heart of Stone is the best part of the fucking game. For some it is the second DLC. But most people agree the DLC content is way above the storyline in the base game.

The writing peaks in 2 as well as the role playing. The graphics too (both technically and in terms of style). The combat is serviceable but not good though.
Witcher 3 has some better elements, but writing goes to shit. The main writer is the guy doing "additional dialogues" in the first two games.

considering how the main storyline sucks absolute ass except for the segments with elves (which were too fucking short anyway) the dlc is a good addition to the game. however, hearts of stone is REALLY bad in comparison to blood and wine, which is probably the best questline in the whole series. also,
>DO IT FOR HIM

Attached: 05495257-BF18-462F-B57C-E716CBF99300.jpg (1280x1707, 182K)

I would still buy TW3 for full price after all this time.
It's one of the few games that is actually worth a $80 dollar price tag or more.

>hearts of stone is REALLY bad in comparison to blood and wine
Ultra pleb detected

Blood and wine story was fucking trash you vampirefag.

>muh character development
Your brain got fried by expectations set by tv show writing. Half the canon of literature presents zero character development, it is not a necessity at all. Shoehorned character development is more of an issue today, where characters aren't allowed to act twice in a similar manner, to the point they barely have a stable personality.

>sandniggers no one asked for
>most obnoxious characters in the game
>barely any content
you probably think ciri is the best character in the game too.

2 is the best in the trilogy imo and you can transfer your W1 saves to 2 and get some items and bombs recipes

this, w3 was such a disappointment storywise
>King Henselt died on the way back to his home planet

Blood and wine is seperate and you don't need to have played the base game. The other is within the base game.

Blood and Wine is fantastic btw and basically complete game by itself.