DQ is now mainstream in the west

>DQ is now mainstream in the west
>SaGa is getting a revival
>Mana is getting a revival
>Ys is getting yet another quality entry
>Pokemon just killed any hype it had
>Grandia is getting an HD collection
>FFVIIR will be the final nail in the coffin for FF
>Trails is still nothing but cash grab after cash grab of generic shounen games that seem original because by the time anyone cared to localize them the tropes that permeate them will belong to the last decade. Filled with padding, each single story has to be split in multiple entries because whoever who's in charge of adapting shounen jump latest hot take into a mediocre rpg with mechanics stolen straight out of Persona and Fire Emblem believes that you can't do a good plot without having to traverse each modern fantasy town over and over again with a goody two shoes master of all trades protagonist, his harem of dumb bimbos who apport nothing and his background male companions. A sad corpse of a series with even a more tragic fanbase, who cling to it either because they think niche is cool or because they spent years learning japanese just to play a literal fan fiction of a retard who played Suikoden and Xenogears and thought that a long lasting series in the same universe would be good, with political themes as understood by a 11 year old and mechas. Literally everything that Kekseki ever did has been done by literally any other jrpg series, but better and ten years before. It's no wonder why this shitshow ranks lower than the most cancerous weeb games in japan, the series has become a shittier parody of itself.
Looks like we are winning jrpgbros.

Attached: cute.png (447x697, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamerevolution.com/news/453599-new-dragon-quest-monsters-game
youtube.com/watch?v=TmWu-f6L0Mo
youtube.com/watch?v=NJ6J3qvV0cE
youtube.com/watch?v=rLSa-WNhGPQ
twitter.com/Jirachibi1000/status/1138627807754326021
dualshockers.com/masahiro-sakurai-super-smash-bros-ultimate-famitsu-interview-translation-development-new-characters-esports/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The death of Pokémon was long overdue and I hope it can lead to the monster collecting genre getting a new lease on life.

Made the switch to DQ from Pokémon a couple years ago and haven’t looked back, best decision I made

Based
Trailsfags btfo

Too bad no other monster collecting game will ever be able to surpass Pokemon. Not just in terms of likable mons but also in the core gameplay, which is still better than any of the imitators

Dumb Pokéfag

They're not remotely similar games, what are even bragging about?

Only amongst autistic tourneyfags who have been using the same team since they were 8. With everyone else hype is still at maximum.

Attached: Lebron_face_0.jpg (350x263, 31K)

No, it's the total opposite. Tourneyfags aren't affected by the change, since tours are region-locked anyways.

Tourneyfags are the only onws getting anything positive from this because it means some of the overpowered shit won't be returning. It's a complete downgrade for literally everyone else

Purty

Attached: Grandia-Switch_20190611_03.jpg (1280x720, 330K)

>He doesn't know

>Ys is getting yet another quality entry
Imagine actually believing this. Fuck you for ruining the series.

Stfu I just want to bring my swampert, Alakazam and bisharp over but game freak is being a piece of shit rn

It's really sad what happened to Trails, Sora, Zero and Ao were fucking great and now it's just shitty Cold Steel sequels after sequels, at least falcom can funnel all those retardbucks into new Ys entries.

Attached: '-'.png (276x256, 57K)

Ahem
gamerevolution.com/news/453599-new-dragon-quest-monsters-game

>FFVIIR will be the final nail in the coffin for FF.

Anyone who thinks this is a fucking moron, even if FFVIIR were to flop (which it isn't going to), FF isn't going anywhere.

Breath of Fire fucking WHEN, Capcom? We all know you are a trend whore and reviving dead JRPGs is the cool new trend, so get on with it already. mobileshit and browser games doesn't counts you faggots.

It'll take time, but it's finally coming after 30 years.

But will we get it in the west? That's the question.

>Mana is getting a revival
Thank god. Chrono next please.

Sadly, 99% of its sales will come from blind purchases. People will buy Pokemon just by name recognition.

>FFVIIR will be the final nail in the coffin for FF
Sadly, it won't. It'll break sales records off the FFVII name. Tons of VII fans will hate every little change it has, but still buy all episodes and DLC. This is the state of the FF fanbase. Just look at how well FFXV did despite universal hate. FFVII:R will do even better.

Attached: 1559624990265.jpg (2110x1534, 227K)

Dragon Quest Monsters surpassed Pokemon in gameplay with the very first game. It just doesn't have the biggest marketing push in gaming history like Pokemon does. Still, despite having 1/1000th the marketing budget as Pokemon, it still sells 2 million copies per game. That's amazing.

What
WHAT
WHERE

Dude Pokemon is literally just DQ lite in literally everything but the monster collecting, which is also in numerous dq games.

It got a revival on DS. Then another on smartphone. It never really died. It's just we didn't get it in the west.

There's going to be powercreep nonetheless courtesy of the Lesser Legendary Group in Galar, just as the Tapus and Genies before them.

>autistic tourneyfags
>using the same team since they were 8
What? They're the ones who waste thousands of hours hatching eggs every game to get new competitive ready Pokemon.
The ones upset at this want to bring their favorite in-story teams from Gen 3 to the newer games.

It wasn't dead. Games just didn't come west. It won't sell well.
>Mana
A man can only hope. I doubt this will do well, either, but I appreciate Square investing in SOMETHING that isn't Final Fantasy.
>Ys
Mileage may vary. I still don't like party Ys games, but it could be alright.
>Trails
Who even cares anymore.
>DQ is now mainstream in the West
It's been popular since VIII, but it's still not that big here.

>>Pokemon just killed any hype it had
You're retarded if you think Sword and Shield won't sell ridiculous amounts anyhow

>Dude Pokemon is literally just DQ lite in literally everything but the monster collecting
It really isn't at all

Attached: 1447866110791.png (224x205, 55K)

Why is that, what happened?

Attached: digimon.png (1200x442, 119K)

Oh absolutely
XY prebank was exactly the same, people celebrated no genues but we just had mega kanga instead

people upset that sword/shield apparently won't have national dex
youtube.com/watch?v=TmWu-f6L0Mo

So when is Growlanser getting revived?

You cannot transfer pokemon that aren't already in the game
They are removing all of the ones that aren't in the regional dex

Actually play DQ sometime. When you're doing strength puzzles and traversing a dark cave you'll see what I mean.

Ask Atlus.

DAMN FUCKING RIGHT
This is why I hate current gen FATLUS. They can't take a break from Persona is a reason why we will never get another Growlanser game.

>When you're doing strength puzzles and traversing a dark cave you'll see what I mean.
not that guy, but... what the hell?

Attached: fragezeichenm旦dchen.png (450x450, 230K)

I like persona but god damn can atlus stop milking the shit out of it. We don't need a fucking dancing game and rerelease. They have many other stuff under their belt but everything is fucking persona now. Imagine a new growlanser game with modern gameplay and graphics with branching storylines. Too bad we're not getting that

>uses most of the same skills as Dragon Quest
>same interface as Dragon Quest games before the PS2
>similar open world design and even similar sprites/textures
>Slot machines and other mini games taken right out of Dragon Quest
>similar puns and humor
>Dragon Quest did monster collecting before Pokemon
>various people who worked on Dragon Quest have also worked on Pokemon
>Iwata supported Pokemon because he wanted Nintendo to have a series as popular as Dragon Quest
Plus a bunch of other things I'm not even remembering off the top of my head.

Attached: 1523829742055.png (250x196, 99K)

True
But if they want the max amount of money, they better address this shit now instead of waiting.

By revival you mean two new games ?
I knew there was one on the phone, but thought it was just shameless milking.

By revival I mean the DS games were remakes. Then the smartphone games were new games. Though you may not count them as games given the platform.

Wish I still liked Pokemon. I might have been interested in this.

Hell I would like them to release 5 the one that after Heritage of War. Since I don't think that got release in the west. :/

I dont think DQ has any chance of being mainstream here while Final fantasy still exists. Being honest with you.

Literally every HM, every mechanic in pokemon thats not part of the monster collecting is an analogue taken directly from dragon quest. Strength puzzles, Rock Tunnel/Dark Cave, surfing is the ship, fly is zoom. Cut may not have an analouge.
Then all the standard rpg battling mechanics poison in the overworld, sleep, all the stats. Similar items, repels, holy waters though that's shared across most jrpgs.
Then theres the fact that you actually can even capture monsters in DQV, though its random.

It's pretty interesting playing all the early DQ and seeing all this stuff you already know in pokemon.

boring shit, wake me when there's a game on the scale of TSR or something
But really I'm happy the license is not forgotten, how are the games on phone ?

>Cut may not have an analouge.
Even that does since you get an item in Dragon Quest IV that cuts down a barrier. It's just an item a dwarf makes for you instead of a skill you use.

This must be the most retarded fucking shit I've read in a while.
This is exactly why everybody that actually has played a fucking JRPG in their life hate pokemon.
It is not that Pokemon is "Just like Dragon Quest", it is because Pokemon is a fucking barebones RPG that shares the most basic elements other JRPGs have done for years.
The fact you are just realizing shit like this is astounding.

Eh I like pokemon for the monster collecting gimmick and I still enjoy other RPGs

Thank you for pointing out the exact main reason I will never touch a single DQ game despite being mainly a jrpg fan. The series took decades to finally only now start to develop to something else that is interesting

You're literally just agreeing with me. What is your issue? Pokemon is barebones and fuck and all the barebones shit is from dragon quest.

Mtf I will not allow you to shit on DQ5. It was a very unique game for it's time. Unironically kys

>New DQM
Fantastic, is it ever being released outside of Japan? Because the last several weren't.

>But will we get it in the west? That's the question.
>Two SaGa games have been announced at the fucking E3
>Hurr durr will we ever get them?
It never died, but it was kept in the JP low budget dungeon for years and due to the recent success of the new games it's not getting back into shape and published in the west.
youtube.com/watch?v=NJ6J3qvV0cE
It still won't sell because it's not a series for normalfags and the west hates its guts

SMT is better than Pokemon in every single way.

>Talks like FFVIIR won't absolutely bend over and sodomize every other JRPG on the list when it drops
>Ignores that Ys hasn't been quality for years now
>Pretends to give a crap about SaGa and Grandia in 2019
>Autistically screeches about Trails
Never change Yea Forums

>Talks like FFVIIR won't absolutely bend over and sodomize every other JRPG on the list when it drops
enjoy that $60 tutorial bootlicking bitch

Imagine believing Yschads care about any other RPG that isn't Ys

Attached: 1541098740024.jpg (272x233, 21K)

Careersoft is dead and Fatlus killed them, so never.
Urushihara also isn't working anymore so the series is deader than dead.

Since this is a Jrpg thread. I was thinking about starting fire emblem. How is awakening? Are the characters, story and gameplay good?

No idea how people shit on pokemon and yet suck DQ's cock

Seethe harder

Ehhh, it's kinda pretty different as far as monster philosophy goes.
You don't have infinite monster space like in pokemon, and the game encourages you to fuse and get rid of your demons and switch them out constantly. It's not.like pokemon where you build a team and go through the game adding as you go but not really switching out. Moves also arent as varied. Quite a few other things too.
Honestly glad I finally played an SMT because now I know everyone that says it's a substitute for pokemon or compares them is full of shit.

Start with the classic ones so you can at least understand the change the series had by the years. The gba ones are a good start.

Imagine seething this hard

Attached: 1540758924963.jpg (178x185, 10K)

You only think Dragon Quest lacks innovation because it did so many things first. This is the same perception problem people are having with Dragon Quest in Smash Bros.

Ugh, not another Anime swordsman! Except Fire Emblem keeps pushing anime swordsman because Dragon Quest made it popular 30 years ago. Dragon Quest just got added later to Smash Bros. But it predates Fire Emblem and almost everything else in Smash Bros.

The series have been this samey shit as years goes on theres literally no excuse.

Was dabbing on the trailsfags this hard neccessary?

I stopped with pokemon a long time ago and never will touch dq so far

Pokemon is dead.
Bury it.
This is the resurgence of Digimon.

Attached: DCS_PS4_Jul032015_03.png (1920x1080, 2.53M)

Yokai Watch

haha....... yeah...... imagine that....

>Digimon
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA go back to the 90s

I welcome you fellow DQ fan. If you want a better games than Pokemon, might I interested you in pic related?

Attached: dwm2gbc_packin_poster.jpg (3000x2137, 1.63M)

Dragon Quest is still irrelevant in the west, no matter how hard they attempt to push 11.

Every DQ game except arguably VII introduced new mechanics and features.

If you think the series is "samey" because the style remains the same, then you're an idiot. Pokemon and Zelda are "samey" by that logic. People want series to keep a similar tone. And even then, Dragon Quest has changed over the years from a dark medieval setting to a bright, Renaissance setting. And some spin offs have more of a contemporary setting.

>removing
No, they simply aren't including them for this particular game. You're literally braindead if you don't think they will add them into future games or even into the third version so they can milk it for money in some way.

>have over 900 money making designs
>delete some from existence
Yeah, not a chance.

>Grandia is getting an HD collection
What? Hold the fucking phone! Are they countin Xtreme too or are we just getting 1-2-3? THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME

Attached: 1556233909541.png (960x540, 297K)

Well they are trying really fucking hard.
With final fantasy, pokemon and even fire emblem dominating here, there's no chance for anything new anymore.

I don't think it ever wasn't, at least as much as any JRPG that isn't FF
8 was super well received and the same for 11
I feel like I'm having a stroke when people say that DQ is some unknown franchise in the west

Nothing but FF is relevant to the west, this is a shitty argument.

Here's your """HD""" Grandia
youtube.com/watch?v=rLSa-WNhGPQ

And other games did things on that list before DQ. Amazing.

Didn't VII introduce party chat mechanic? Honestly one of the biggest additions of mechanics to me.
JRPGs should all have mandatory party chat.

>Every DQ game except arguably VII introduced new mechanics and features.
People say the same thing about Pokemon, but then you stupid fucks call them shills.

If even with games here there still had a good amount of jrpg fans that never liked the series I dont think this will change anytime soon.

>Grandia """"""""HD""""""""
>""""""""""""""""Collection"""""""""""""""" when it's only half the games
>Only one and two. No Xtreme. Not even 3.
Thanks for nothing OP, not only did you bring up my hopes in vain, but now you made me want a Grandia Xtreme HD remake that I know is never gonna happen.

Attached: 1551087602047.jpg (1280x872, 339K)

>>FFVIIR will be the final nail in the coffin for FF
lol no

i agree with everything else, though

fuck was meant for

I'll stay right where I am thanks

Attached: 64177198_p0_master1200.jpg (772x1000, 416K)

The problem is Pokemon doesn't improve or change the combat or UI. They add lots of other features, but those things have been pretty much the same since Gen III. The last big change was the special split in Gen IV. And that actually caused new problems they still haven't addressed.

Dragon Quest has been adding new features and revising old ones to both combat and the UI.

some fanboys screech louder than others. Xenoshit 2 was the same. DQfags show the same behaviour.

>JRPGs should all have mandatory party chat.
>Every JRPG should have Baldur's Gate tier pointless bantz
Battle bantz is fine, but I do not enjoy pointless chatter for the sake of it, especially in the Tales way where you have to stop and listen to all those fucking skits that have been the same things repeated ad nauseam since Eternia.
I'd rather prefer characters to only talk when it's strictly necessary, or not talk at all, writers shoul understand how to make compelling characters with as little writing as possible instead of vomiting telenovelas, Kiseki is especially offensive on that.

Attached: 1553042093325.jpg (284x419, 17K)

And now Dragon Quest is in Smash Bros, which is going to increase its footprint 100x what it is now. Besides that, Dragon Quest is already one of the top 5 best selling JRPGs in the west.

I've never played DQ but the minecraft clone looks really fun. You think it's ever coming to pc? Is the game worth it?

Attached: 1541080789507.jpg (4392x4252, 2.4M)

if only it didn't give me existential dread

>Ambitions isn't coming to the Vita
At least we get RS3.

Ambitions was never on Vita to begin with, it's an expanded port of the original Vita version, which was never updated because Squenix are jews.

I hope the new fad is collecting monster girls.

It's Time to bring them back

Attached: 1466313559848.jpg (1250x850, 1.52M)

>Is the game worth it?
The first builders was a surprisingly very competent Minecraft clone, almost on Terraria's tier for most things, so I assume the second will be even better.

It doesn't matter how mainstream DQ gets, at the end of the day it's an anime inspired turn based JRPG so it's going to sell like shit. The west is just too Chad for gay shit like that.

Yes, it's very fun. It's Minecraft with a story and anime tone.

>Feeding the cancerous trigger fanbase any further
I hope it stays dead, or Kato comes back to fuck it up some more.

Attached: 1553700429424.jpg (210x240, 5K)

>at the end of the day it's an anime inspired turn based JRPG so it's going to sell like shit.
>Pokemon is the best selling game series in the world
I know you're having to change your parroted hate replies against Dragon Quest now that Smash Bros blew them out of the water. But are you even trying?

It was time 15 years ago.

this is hot garbage, who the fuck is porting this

>Be me
>At watching E3 with my bro's
>The Hero and Banjo get revealed for Smash
>Everyone is happy
>Except for one of my friends
>"No! why is this stupid furry shit and Fire Emblem clone in before Geno whose more deserving?!
>He throws bowl of chips on floor and starts crying and hitting the floor

Attached: fate.jpg (1101x472, 181K)

This. Ys 8 is considered the worst game in the series for a reason. 9 will be even worse

Attached: worst games in their respective series.png (1116x955, 2.48M)

Been playing DQ1 on my phone. Pretty neat. Once I get to three will probably hop on DS.

This is why /vp/ needs to be blocked other boards I've been saying this for years.

I'm trying out awakening first should I go normal/classic or hard/casual?

normal/classic

More of a Joker man myself

Attached: 61yxfuE8nZL._SX466_.jpg (466x419, 51K)

when is Suikoden coming back

Reminder that Ys went on the exact same downward spiral as FE
Ys Seven = FE12
MoC = Awakening
Ys VIII = Fates
Ys IX = Three Houses

>No idea how people shit on pokemon and yet suck DQ's cock

The more popular series gets the most scrutiny. A moron would interpret that as the less popular game as better.

A fucking tourneyfag will just keep injecting their Pokemon. Casualsfags who have been transferring their Pokemon since Gen 3 games are the ones completely seething here.
I'm a tourneyfag and despite this not affecting me at all I can tell how stupid of a move this was.
The sad thing is that the game will still sell millions as usual. Pokemon is like Disney, it's simply way too big to fail now no matter what.

Yeah, we're winning, because Western devs are busy pandering to feminists, fags and trannies.
feelsgoodman

This. Any amount of pushback at all will all be for nothing, so don't even bother.

DQXI is widely considered the worst game in the series by a wide margin. DQ is no better than Pokemon now.

It wont. The reaction here was very mixed, it got overshadowed by Banjo greatly and on top of that West only gives a fuck about FF, FE and pokemon. The max it will happen is just increase a bit the fanbase and that's it, turn into something mainstream that get as many discussion, I doubt it. Even Chronno trigger gets more discussion than it.

>he doesn't know that the original version of Ys III is the worst one
>he doesn't know that Ys VIII is the only great game that modern Falcom has put out in a long time
Okay, shitposter-kun.

Attached: Ys_Bait_in_Felghana.png (1000x800, 28K)

>using the same team
>tourneyfags
Not only does power creep completely invalidate that but you'd also get scouted to hell and back. Information is like 60% of the game.

>DQXI is widely considered the worst game in the series by a wide margin.
That's not II or VI

Doesn't change the fact that DQ is in just as bad a position quality-wise as Pokemon, if not worse.

Okay but the idea of 4 people travelling with each other and not communicating at all excpet for the predefined cutscenes is dumb and I think more interaction should always be welcome. It adds a ton of character.

The series just failed to stabilish itself here when it had the chance.

Pokemon and dragon quest are nothing a like retard. Nobody buys Pokemon because it's an amazing in depth JRPG. They buy it because its Pokemon. Don't compare any existing faggy fantasy dungeons and dragons anime JRPG to Pokemon it shows how insecure you are in your little franchise. The west won't buy into that garbage no matter how mainstream it becomes.

Most of /vp/ is pissed about this garbage decision though

Attached: 5CAE822B-5F7B-47A8-8152-5A720D30EBB2.jpg (1104x2048, 217K)

Never. The creator left Konami after Suikoden III because Konami treated him so bad. The sequels that followed were weak and the fanbase dried up.

>DQXI is widely considered the worst game in the series by a wide margin.
Said no one except you. As part of the actual DQ fanbase, we don't sit around ranking the games and arguing about how bad they are like Final Fantasy fans do. We like all the games.

Is Dragon Quest XI my favorite game in the series? No. Is it a bad game? Hell no. It's a good game. Even Final Fantasy fans are calling it what FFXV should have been. Though I think a better comparison would be FFXIII since they have similar paths and story focus. But DQXI is still miles ahead of FFXIII as well.

Attached: 1535160937771.jpg (814x1024, 123K)

>DMC5
>worst
2 and DmC still exist no matter how bad they are

She's cute and I like the snark I see in the pictures of her, reminds me of Maribel. Is she really like that?

Attached: 1560350225675.jpg (1200x675, 118K)

>Even Final Fantasy fans are calling it what FFXV should have been.
Not to be a dick, but FF fans are notorious shit eaters and hypocrites with nonexistent standards

>Pokemon and dragon quest are nothing a like retard.
See >Nobody buys Pokemon because it's an amazing in depth JRPG. They buy it because its Pokemon.
People buy Pokemon because its Pokemon? Mind blown! You know what else? People buy Dragon Quest because...it's Dragon Quest.

If you didn't get the sarcasm (I'm sure you didn't), you didn't explain what makes Pokemon unique. It's like saying "people buy apples because they like apples." No shit?

>Don't compare any existing faggy fantasy dungeons and dragons anime JRPG to Pokemon it shows how insecure you are in your little franchise.
Oh, you'r just an idiot who knows nothing about Dragon Quest. Got it.

>The west won't buy into that garbage no matter how mainstream it becomes.
Dragon Quest is already one of the best selling JRPG series in the west. And that's with no marketing or hype. With characters in Smash Bros and actual marketing from SquareEnix at E3 for the first time ever, it's only going to rise. Of course it's never going to surpass Pokemon. But that's because Pokemon is the most heavily advertised video game series in history. And that's the real reason people buy Pokemon you didn't mention above.

Don't care stay in your own board. This is your fault for supporting such lazy hacks as Game Freak. Get fucked

OP, thank you for being actually extremely based and not at all of a faggot, today. Your fan, user

this as fuck

Yes. She's a Tsun like Maribel. And a little more open about her feelings than Maribel was.

Attached: ea83b450547615d1870f2a747805553d.png (915x999, 564K)

You must have autism. DQ will never be popular in the west if you can't see or understand why then that's on you.

I can't believe you are literally admitting it's a shill pick

The 90's were based

>You're literally braindead if you don't think they will add them into future games or even into the third version so they can milk it for money in some way.
They will but it doesn't change the fact that a major portion of already existing pokemon will be literally and totally unobtainable in SS, and even when they add some of them to the third version, they will simply be incompatible with SS and unable to trade/battle with them, plus there will still be loads that aren't available in either

Reddit Quest will never be loved here. Deal with it.

>You must have autism.
Oh, the irony.

Feels good

3/4 the characters in Smash Bros are marketing games. From Mario to Zelda to Pokemon to Fire Emblem.

However, when it comes to Dragon Quest, Sakurai stated years ago he wanted to have a DQ rep. SquareEnix wouldn't let him and he had to go with Cloud instead. Now that SquareEnix has thrown out their incompetent management and allowed Dragon Quest to be in Smash Bros, of course Sakurai is going to pick the hero from the latest game. And you know what? He also picked three other characters that aren't advertising anything. Cope.

Attached: 1534219968564.jpg (1000x817, 344K)

They dont advertise anything, only the entire franchise.

>Mario,Link,DK and all the Nintendo classics are just shill picks, but Sakurai WANTED DQ in Smash.

DQ fans everyone.

why aren't they putting a DQ collection on Switch?

>he doesn't know

twitter.com/Jirachibi1000/status/1138627807754326021

>They dont advertise anything, only the entire franchise.
>change Link to BotW Link
Gee, I wonder why they did that?!

>Luigi gets a modification to have his vacuum
Gee, I wonder why they did that?!

>Incineroar added as a playable character
Gee, I wonder why they did that!?

And so on. But of course, it's okay when Nintendo does it. Just not when they do it with a third party series you hate.

GameFreak is the worst. Nintendo needs to boot those retards off of Pokemon and bring back Genius Sonority or something.

>Ys 8 is considered the worst game in the series for a reason
How is it worse than Celceta, for one?

pretty sure sakurai said that he wanted incinefag specifically, not gamefreak

>Pokemon
>Dying
What are you people on? Because I want some

>It's marketing when Nintendo does it
>but it's "shilling" when SquareEnix does it
This is how stupid your argument is. It's even more stupid when you realize Sakurai picked the characters. So you're saying Sakurai is shilling for a third party company. And if he'd stoop to that level, you don't think he'd do the same for internal Nintendo characters? The guy who has consistently added Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters from the latest game, to market them.

Nah, must just be a conspiracy. Dragon Quest is the only series in Smash Bros to be used as marketing.

Attached: 1535974909002.png (1200x1354, 2.59M)

>Botw is worse than CDi Zeldas
Troglodyte-level brainlet

i wouldn't say its dying, but its for sure getting worse, again.

You said that for XY, ORAS and SM

I want GameFreak to go back making interesting and innovative games again, they've been tied up with Pokemon long enough.

They should bring back monster rancher

Seething XSEEDcuck

Sakurai didn't pick the characters retard. Nintendo did. SE gave them a ton of cash to get this character in so he can build an audience in the west, it ain't going to happen though. JRPG dungeons and dragons shit is for losers and the west won't take it.

>JRPG dungeons and dragons shit is for losers and the west won't take it.
>Saying this in a JRPG thread with a DQ OP
This place is truly going even further down the shitter

Copey cope Sora boy.

Attached: 350AB99F-73E3-437C-A14B-249FC072BC15.png (512x715, 58K)

this latest Fire emblem is nothing more than Fates 2.0 with some Persona mixing on the side.
Why can't they do something similar to shadows of valencia. A combining of Blazing Sword & Binding Blade would be awesome, or fuck it.. give Memeology the echoes treatment.

Attached: sad eliwood.png (371x578, 107K)

This a board for video game discussion. The topic of this thread is DQs popularity in the west and JRPGs if want to come in and give my opinion then I can. If I'm making you cry or hurting your feelings take your silly ass to resetera where you can be coddled by like minded individuals in your little echo chamber.

>he will get excited for doom 1.5 though
kys

>Sakurai didn't pick the characters retard. Nintendo did.
Sakurai picks them.

dualshockers.com/masahiro-sakurai-super-smash-bros-ultimate-famitsu-interview-translation-development-new-characters-esports/

He asks for suggestions from Nintendo staff, his own staff working on the game and even fan polls. But he's made the final decision on what characters go in on every Smash Bros game.

>JRPG dungeons and dragons shit is for losers and the west won't take it.
Dungeons and Dragons started in the west and is more popular here than Japan. Dragon Quest is popular in Japan because it went away from Dungeons and Dragons. The designs of the world don't even have a passing resemblance to DnD. Are you really this stupid or are you just trolling for You's?

Attached: 6e2c36f713d507937d57c4072dab921e.png (1478x1958, 597K)

How good is Dragon Quest 2? I wanna play as this cool looking mofo

Attached: 3595_Ke314khp.png (439x604, 154K)

I don't give a shit about DQ and you're entitled to your own shitty opinions, but if you have to invoke the resetera boogeyman to justify being a genuine, clueless idiot it's all on you, user.

SMT is not a substitute. Rather it's better than Pokemon because it makes people realize they should have never touched Pokemon to begin with.

It has pacing issues in the second half. Otherwise, it's basically Dragon Quest I with more party members and a 4x bigger world. It's also immensely satisfying when you beat it.

Play the Super Famicom remake though. For the larger map view.

Attached: 0a0eda706fb2e9fd22a7bbc9c2ffb9ec.jpg (1100x1536, 253K)

he looks so fucking good. i cant believe this is real

Attached: Eight.png (2075x2050, 1.75M)

i hope he can go super saiyan purple

it has many "fuck you" moments and batshot balance even with the remakes, but I really liked the freedom, exploration and minimalist story. It's basically the exact opposite of later games like 7/8/11 that put you on a bus ride all the way.

>Ys getting another quality entry

That's not news, Ys always has quality entries.

Attached: dogiwreckingcrewel1.jpg (445x639, 46K)

well, Psyche Up is in the game, so i'll be looking forward to trying that out

>Sakurai didn't pick the characters retard. Nintendo did.
>Nintendo asked for tons of clones and ancient characters for products that they no longer sell

Attached: what_su.png (178x226, 28K)

SMT is garbage in it's own way

>canonically fucks an older woman at some point during his ventures after he marries her
>has kids with her too
Can we please appreciate Madason's Chad game? Even after all the shit he's put through he pushes on and gets an incredibly well earned happy ending.

Attached: Dragon.Quest.V.full.885496.jpg (1000x646, 339K)

> muh sales

Now all this industry needs is for Persona to be killed so SMT and good derivatives like DeSu get more exposure.

I didn't pick her.

It's only garbage to a cretin who thinks romance in RPGs is the pinnacle of the genre.

Yes, Nintendo sees Smash Bros as just a big marketing device for their upcoming games. Sakurai is the one who pushes for older, forgotten characters like G&W and Ice Climbers. If Nintendo had their way, the only characters would be ones with marketing value.

Unless you stopped playing before you got to that point, it happens regardless of who you pick.

Even if he's overrating Pokemon, it's true that the recent fiasco won't stop the franchise from being top grossing and having an overall good reputation. Although everyone, even casuals are mad right now, they'll easily forgive gamefreak as soon as they cater to their demands. Hell, there's people right now defending the 'no national dex' thing.

It's not much of a choice. Deborah and Floraare opposite extremes. And Bianca has all the best features of both girls. Tomboy who speaks her mind and smoking hot like Deborah. But also shows her feminine side, is compassionate with her husband and a great mother like Flora.

It's no wonder she's Japan's favorite character in the whole series. Well, that and Japan has a hard on for blondes.

Attached: 1240827145549.jpg (508x385, 39K)

I'm gonna be mad if this means only more mainline DQs instead of also getting some new DQMs alongside mainline DQs.

Best part is different systems.
First 2 with dial, 3 with 3x3 board and 4 coming this month with a system similar to Spectrobes.

Don't forget notLudger's game!

Attached: 6qcwhriox9UkXF32CVJDYU.jpg (1920x1080, 301K)

>non LMBS Tales
Series might as well be dead, just call it God Eater RPG or something

That's just standard RPG stuff, buddy. It's not that Pokemon is just like Dragon Quest it's that Pokemon is an RPG.

hahahaha
kek

While it may not be a good Tales game supposedly, it will be a good stand-alone game.

Attached: notludger.png (1566x878, 2.68M)

The only people I've seen hate on Y's 8 are the people who hate everything new and think bump combat was great.

We've gotten every DQ game localized to the west since new management took over in 2015. Unfortunately, we're not getting the monster games that came out before that.

Attached: 1559860377334.png (276x222, 17K)

What about a DQV remake in DQXI engine?

The game already got remade twice on PS2 and DS. And it's getting a feature animated movie next year. It's been remade enough.

It just feels so heartfelt the surprise Bianca has at the idea of her being chosen over the other girls, especially when it's brought up too

The marriage part where they kiss even with its limited sprites is still adorable

>you get to the part where you speak to your future/past self and hear them speak
Sounds wonderful

Attached: bianca cute.jpg (1280x720, 223K)