Do you like edgy characters in video games?

Do you like edgy characters in video games?

Attached: Velvet.png (1920x1080, 2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HBwrp96mfbs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Velvet wasnt even that edgy

Attached: CBB8A36F162746498CCA1616C62EE049.png (792x391, 477K)

Every character in every game I make turns out to be one so yes

We need more protag like Sorey!

Velvet was edgy as fuck, it's just that it's well done edge. She's probably the only chaotic evil character that's acceptable that isn't an antagonist.

Early game she was obnoxious levels of edge. They just toned her down (bait and switch) once she got her fill of shota

so like every generic jrpg in existance?

Only if they're female

"Edgy" applies to characters that don't have actual reasons to act the way they do. Velvet NOT going on a fucking murder rampage considering her backstory would be extremely weird.

>chaotic evil
dude what? she never even did anything evil, she was mostly putting on a facade for people to stay away.

Only if I can hardfuck them until submission

What game?

She set a town on fire

Nnnno, she pretty much let whole villagers go on panic sprees that 100% resulted in them turning over as beasts, she pretty much knew what she was doing. Though I would say it's chaotic neutral, considering she was doing it out of revenge and not out of "lmao bad"

Unironically yes.
Only 90s kids will understand.

I love edge, especially if they are female

Velvet is textbook chaotic evil. She gives no shits about who gets hurt by what she does (and she certainly know people get hurt), actively opposes law and reason and murders anyone who gets in her way to killing Artorius, unless there's a long term benefit for her not doing so.

That was a good thing from a general point of view. Even the older inhabitants were complaining that the younger generation were getting too fat and lazy because firestone mining was so profitable. If anything, they were glad because the young'uns started taking up fishing again.

Tales of Berseria

>Velvet if we trigger the people in this cute summertime village they will all go fucking insane and effectively die
>Velvet: Excellent

I am glad that they quickly scrapped Berseria together after the Zestiria fiasco.
It was mostly reused assets but game was so much better than Zestiria shit, it is actually giving me hope that the new Tales without baba and with budget and time will be really good this time

Did you play the same game I did? The worst thing she did was letting the prisoners fend for themselves and setting a town on fire. Everything afterwards was toned down and she pretty much killed no one but high level exorcists, who also did kinda deserve it.

They give soul.

Attached: Leythen.jpg (1280x720, 174K)

This is too far, whenever she could spare a life, she does. Being focused on her objective above everything else is nowhere near a murderous psycho killing for fun.

Every time she removes a therion all nearby people turn into demons. She effectively destroyed several towns and is directly responsible for the deaths of a fuckton of people, not even counting all the exorcists and soldiers she personally murders. Or did you think the guards in the high priests church are "high level exorcists"?

game?

Her entire arc is like post-eclipse Guts. And post eclipse Guts even at his edgiest is not stricly evil. Chaotic Neutral at best.

at least she was bipolar. sometimes she would show the woman she wanted to be

only girls
edgy girls are top QT

At worst Velvet is Chaotic Neutral. She's a demon and people don't tend to like those. The town she set on fire tried to fuck her over in several different ways.

And then when you're going to the volcano to chuck Artorias and pals into it, Velvet goes out of her way to spare a village.

She's selfish and fixated on revenge, but she's not chaotic evil. Otherwise the game would just be about you destroying everyone.

Depends on how they are done. In Velvet's case yes, because she had a good reason to be and because she actually develops. That said I'd gladly take them over "generic nice idealistic boy hero/bubbly girl hero" shit.

Not him but if I recall that actually only happens once or twice, and the first time they didn't know that it would happen the way it did. There was a point made as to why it happened in one case but not another too.

Elder Scrolls Online, at Summerset DLC

Yes, I played her game and got 99% of what I expected and I enjoyed it thoroughly , wish there was more fanart.
I tried looking at other tales games and they just seem so .... gay ?

Most of that could be applied to any video game character ever. If a story doesn't portray any of this in that light, it doesn't really matter. Everyone murders people just doing their job in the thousands, or is inderectly responsible for terrible things happening. Welcome to RPGs.

LOL! This girl is such a loser. If you want to kill someone i because that person already pwnt you.

It is a god damn shame that we're probably going back to a moralfag MC in Arise. Velvet wasn't the best Tales character but she was a fresh of breath air for sure.
>Most Tales MC
>my enemy is talking and is monologuing
>better listen and wait untill he is done
>Velvet
>is he monologuing?
>better shove a fireball in his face while he is at it

You can play Tales of Vesperia, main character is pretty based

Unironically did nothing wrong.

>meets character's fuck-sister a few minutes after
>she too begins monologuing about shit
>Velvet flipkicks the bitch so hard she faceplants againts the ground and bleeds

I swear everything Velvet did was "based" tier just because it was a trope breaker for the godawful standard of Tales MCs.

I like it when the edgy person kills people that absolutely deserve it.

Yes but when people call them on their edgyness and makes fun of them

At the cost of nearly everyone else being boring as fuck.

I think Velvet is probably in the top 5, maybe even top 3, just due to how refreshing she was compared to most others. That said I'm less worried about not-Ludger than I am about not-Lailah.

Absolutely based

Attached: Laphichad.png (1269x712, 944K)

She was the best MC in the Tales series actually

they deserved it

She's a foil to Sorey and it works so hilariously well.

Attached: Subtle Difference.jpg (602x902, 134K)

Attached: Laphichad the sequel.png (858x473, 481K)

Velvet is a murderer

Attached: 1947105119.jpg (1500x1311, 1.76M)

This is what I think of Velvet
youtube.com/watch?v=HBwrp96mfbs
tl;dr shit character

Attached: 1485593963142.jpg (1920x1080, 771K)

Attached: Laphichad the final.png (881x487, 746K)

I don't like edgy females. But I do like edgy guys

>tfw they meet and sorey still wants to just get along
He's a goof and I love him for it.

Attached: od.png (579x712, 321K)

I liked her character arc.

These two were the most colossal retards in the game. They were given every chance to leave and be totally fucking fine but got stuck in an endless loop of
>wake up
>see other person hurt
>"NOOO HOW DARE YOU HURT THEM"
>fights
>gets injured
Literally all Theresa had to do was not be a massive retard and none of that would have had to happen.

Only if you can BTFO them

Im in the part when you get the headless blacksmith and dont feel motivate to beat the game

Raven and Judith aren't boring, though Judith didn't get nearly enough screentime. Estelle was the generic girl but she was used well during the first half of the game when her "all-loving heroine" shit was biting them in the ass. Karol was the annoying child, while Rita was an obnoxious bitch.

So about half and half.

Oh look, it's the dumb bitch who got herself and her brother killed because she was a dumb bitch.

Oh fuck poor Velvet
I must say that story is really good so far

Attached: Laphic.png (1920x1080, 3.29M)

Skip to vesperia then

Vesperia is conected?

Compared to others like Zelos and Alvin, Raven's dull. And Judith is probably the worst of the bunch, losing all story significance fairly early on and only existing to be the resident "ara ara" girl.

this guy is one of the best side character in the series

It isn't. Zestiria and ((((potentially)))) Arise are the only ones.

Velvet isn't edgy. She's sad and angry, and justifiably so.

Too me they were the typical 2 goodie good shoes you normally play in tales games. Full of hope and dreams but very retarded. Except unless most tales characters they get punished for it

Nah Raven is still pretty good up there. I'll again say that Judith didn't get enough screentime and had little story significance, but that doesn't necessarily translate to personality. Estelle is the main girl of the game but she's incredibly generic throughout it all, which I think makes her worse.

yes, edgyness is life

Grab a Snicker

Lust will make one lose their rationality.

In her case, the snickers are people, so it kinda goes hand in hand.

didn't velvet realize at the end that she did some bad shit and that's why she's now in statis? but oh well, Lloyd and his friends pretty much ruined a lot of lives while saving two worlds to the point people fucking hate Lloyd in dawn of the world including Emil til he gets a clue. Isn't that how it always is even if we don't alwys see it The Tales of Vesperia crew removed all blastia from the world at the end, surely that's gonna piss off some people right? People like Raven needed blasia to live didn't they? nd while Raven may be okay I think they pulled a plot reason why he didn't die at the end that's not the same for others. Legendia did this,too, Chole was set to murder a girl whose father killed her parents because they were rich and didn't really care about them over his little girl and then there's the entire thing with Shirley, in fact, the radiant mythology sereis is all about being someone's savor and someone's villain, pasca kanonno murdered everyone in her world to save it, then helped murder a shitload more of them to try and bring her world back, Widdershin did it on a grand scale, Dhao's entire story is being a villain to one world and a savior to another and Ludger and the xilla cast murdered untolds amount of worlds to save their own and wiped them all out from existence, no matter what you do no matter how right and just it is, you will always be someones villain in video games like these where you do things that affect the world velvet still has less blood on her hands than Luke does

Agree hes designe is prety good sad
But seriusly what motives besides the /ss/ memes can motivete. To beat the game

It has arguably the best cast and story in the series

Sure. Generally not weebshit edge though. Something like Saint's Row 1&2 protag is more my preference for edgy characters.

>be the most obnoxious pair of retarded faggots in the history of Tales
>get chucked into the volcano of Even Your Soul Is Going To Die because you wanted to fuck your brother

It was deeply satisfying.

Velvet legit had a good reason for her edge though.

Yes i like the characters
But im a braintlet im still can understand how arts or combos work

i like edgy characters that are funny if that's what you mean

>velvet is his bar for edgy protagonists
small time

Attached: preview_22990_1484067238_8f1a5bd0acd14642623eba325a2c7e0b.jpg (1920x1080, 345K)

Was Velvet's edge better than Ragna's?

Attached: Ragnabeginstofadeaway.png (1920x1080, 1.49M)

Depends. Are they Sasuke tier lame?

literally taking at most the 5 minutes of research online

Velvet wasn't edgy. She had a pretty legitimate reason to be pissed off, user.

Attached: 1509830594586.jpg (1920x1080, 441K)

Maby back to the game later dont know
also
please tell me if bien fu dies in the game

How wet was she after he clobbered God at the end of this sequence?

she's a demon and that makes her evil, end of story.

Attached: wew.jpg (1920x1080, 338K)

>tales game
>killing off the traitor

Attached: fug.png (230x240, 3K)

yes, i love Prince of Persia WW and it was edgy as fuck

The only shit part of her designes was the pants i mean
If she have black thigh leatter pants like the villager outfit it would be much better

I've always liked angry bitches in lead roles.

Attached: 1448135446055 2.jpg (673x594, 124K)

I'd rather make fun of idiots like OP and (You).

Attached: inigo.jpg (500x432, 45K)

Most of the development for Judith is done in side quests. It even gets revealed that her father was the inventor of the hoplon blastia, and that was her real reason for destroying them, to clean up her fathers mess. Of course, this all ties into that annoying "Have Rita come up with nick names for every blastia you encounter" side quest.

The dahaka still give me scary vibes

>not liking demons

So, what do we expect from Arise's MC? Edgylord or gudboy?

>wanting demons

Attached: 1543064624968.jpg (540x377, 62K)

It depends on why the character is edgy. Velvet had every reason to be a angry and destructive as she was. She did kinda tone it down the more she traveled with the party, but yeah Velvet was totally acceptable.

>Early game she was obnoxious levels of edge
She'd just gotten out of demon prison and found out that the guy who threw her in was worshiped. Her being as pissed as she was is understandable.

Ragna can hardly be considered edgy outside of his CT interactions with Nu and anything involving Terumi in CS.

I disliked Velvet. The entire game I just wanted to play as Artorius instead.

found the Shadow the hedgehog fangirl

>Wanting Artorius
Literally why?

It makes perfect sense for someone in Yea Forums to want to play the sociopath that wants to nuke the entire world because his waifu got killed and he is assblasted, so he chalks it up to the greater good.

Yes I like the sonic series.

That is only right and proper.

Attached: 1539239312294.png (1701x960, 3.54M)

>I just wanted to play as Artorius instead.
Why?

I skipped Beseria. Arise looks good will pick that up

user, he got so angry in Central Fiction his edge was about to destroy the entire world and ruin everything that had been accomplished from CT to that point. I mean it was justified edge, as this guy was bragging about torturing his 8 year old little sister as she helplessly cried out for her big brother to save her until her soul break into pieces while he was also stabbing to death another person Ragna cared for even through she was immortal but could still feel the pain. I say that's pretty edgy

Attached: Terumi.jpg (820x860, 344K)

>no you don't understand expressing yourself and your emotions is forbidden, you must be as quiet and unassuming as possible or chad will come over and hit you in the face
I am convinced that anyone that opposes fun characters like this is a loser that had been beaten down in school because he was either autistic and didn't know where to draw the line or a weakling and now shuns self expression of any kind because he's been conditioned to.

There's always that one retarded underage contrarian nigger who wants to play as the villain because MUH EPIC GRIFFITH DID NOTHING WRONG XD

>he wouldn't destroy the world for his waifu

>TFW Berseria blatantly ripped the fuck off of BB.
>Complete with the "lost younger sibling is actually one of the bad guys and the hero fades away".

Not unless it brings her back, which in this case had even already happened but the retard was all like "nah not the same thing, nukes now"

>anime and anime games use centuries old tropes in its writting
In other news, water is wet. Tune in at 9.

Not completely, These guys reconciled where as Velvet and her sibling never got that.
Just post Infinite for those guys.

Attached: sfkjsfl.png (1920x1080, 1.57M)

Found the bullied autist that can't stand remembering the fanfiction he wrote in high school

>I've killed a kid already, don't think I won't kill another you little shit.

I wouldn't call that "edge", user. It's justified indignation. Actual edge is when he killed Nu repeatedly when her body was developing and smiling while doing it.

Doesn't Laphicent kinda count as Noel? What with being the "clone" of the edgelord MCs sibling, who turns out to be an evil jackass.

How is disassembling an entire town's economy and dooming them to poverty a good thing?

Magilou !!

Attached: sample-b9a8b3f7685ccbcf157d804d16dee894.jpg (667x1000, 103K)

Laphicet is the reformed spirit of Velvet's unborn nephew, not a clone of "I faked my murder, caged you like an animal, and attempted to neuter the entire world so I could help you! No, really!"-kun.

Absolutely

Attached: seth unist.webm (640x360, 2.77M)

Was Dagda just edgy or did he have a point?

Attached: 8bxmtl4nr8fy.jpg (1382x904, 260K)

To this day I still have no idea what the absolutely retarded title of this game is even attempting to portray.

just edgy

Stuff happens at night so people beat each other up until daylight.
Basically a fighting game version of Persona 3.

Yes, especially when they make my pp the big pp

Attached: 1553838273656.jpg (1243x1760, 169K)

No because Noel IS Saya, Izanami is the drive of the origin Saya using the the empty dying husk of Ragna's saya's body which is why she has 8 year old saya's desires and wants laced with her own desires to destroy the world.

I suppose an easier way to say this is that she's apart of eight year old Saya's soul that's been corrupted and by re-merging with Noel and Noel merging with her Murakumo self and her body in the master unit, Saya had effectively been reborn therefore making her now Noel "Saya" Vermilion-Mercury if you wanted to address her by her full name which won't happen because Jin would never call Noel "Saya" unless they were in private and there's a low chance of that happening.

By the way, sine Noel adopted Lambda and Nu that means their names are now Lambda and Nu Vermilion as they are now people, not weapons if they were still weapons Noel would have been capable of absorbing them as well but they developed their own minds and souls to differentiate them from her now.

Attached: Noelnun.png (1920x1080, 889K)

Only when they are also massive shotacons.

>Nu as a person
More like a vegetable that Noel and Lambda refuse to take out of her misery due to "muh sisterdom".

Attached: 300px-BlazBlue_Central_Fiction_Movie_Screenshot_06.png (300x169, 58K)

Under the hollow Night In-birth's will fight.

They're my favorite.

Attached: Zero's pissed off.webm (800x338, 711K)

>Velvet is clearly annoyed by every single woman in the game that isn't Nico
>gets drawn as a lesbian
what why who where when how?

Attached: tumblr_p4dyk4Ryc71uatpu1o1_1280.png.jpg (1280x1120, 293K)

>tumblr_
Found the problem.

She actually has a pretty nice relationship with Magilou by the end.
And they have the final conversation together before the last boss

it's just nice to see two hot chicks going at it. why you gotta be a fag about

Sometimes but not too often.

yes, because I too am very edgy sometimes

Attached: roxas.jpg (500x750, 54K)

Eh she has better chemistry with Eleanor what with being technically Laphicent's parents.

Only if the game lets me show them how full of shit they are.

What if they aren't?

Only if they allow me to go to the extreme

Attached: 1543897263449.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

yes, preferably also cute girls

Attached: __aya_drevis_mad_father_drawn_by_setona_daice__f4cd0e820ec91693d94ea55cbed43806.jpg (1200x900, 709K)

They are.

That sounds like totalitarianism to me.

>Not liking edgelords means you think the government should have total control over people's lives
Not sure how you got there.

Only if it was in the past and they are in full redemption mode during the game.

not if edgy is their only trait, but if they're well written then sure. I really like characters who appear to be edgelords but then end up being autistic mailmen like pic related

Attached: WX1xYGH.gif (272x186, 1.26M)

If it's over the top and seems angsty then yeah. Hearing retards spew that word all the time is cringy as fuck though

Attached: 1530747552880.jpg (802x695, 30K)

Real talk, why do people consider "Damn" a swear word? It's so mild that getting offended by it is like getting hot and bothered because the mayonaise was too spicy.
I thought "Idiot" was a swear word when I was seven, but eventually realized it is too mild to be a swear word.

>mayo
>spicy
What the fuck?

>Feel the pain
>of those inferior beings
>as you burn in heck

Attached: 1541262333174.gif (100x100, 10K)

Exactly.
My mother thinks pepperoni on pizza is too spicy. Can you believe that shit?

Probably some religious shit, i'd imagine. Like 'ooh, implying that you'll damn someone is very unchristian' or something. Generally speaking the existence of most 'swear words' is kinda fucky in the modern age. What is 'shit' if not another word for faeces? Why does the word 'fuck' get people so angry, and why do they care 99% less if you use another word? None of it makes any sense.

yes

Attached: Metal-Gear-Rising-Raiden-This-is-my-nature.jpg (1920x1080, 381K)

I can see fuck and shit being bad words, because both of them relate to not-child-friendly topics.

This happens to be a topic I was thinking about recently, it doesn't make much sense for the word "shit" to be any worse than "poop" or "doodoo", it means the exact same thing so there shouldn't be any problems with kids hearing the word "shit" and yet there is.

Attached: 1511040793087.jpg (469x626, 70K)

Only if they were sexually abused

Attached: 1533714884427.png (1920x1500, 391K)