Pokefags are literally on suicide watch. What will GF do when their core autist fanbase commit mass suicide?

Pokefags are literally on suicide watch. What will GF do when their core autist fanbase commit mass suicide?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-12 09-38-53.png (1025x299, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pokemon-navi.com/20190611e3_pokemon/
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Outsider_Pokémon
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Obedience
youtube.com/watch?v=s2Sq4bP3-P0&list=PLDL5DHXIz4w3Gbqbo1AFEKd_4wyuQVe5z
serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=TmWu-f6L0Mo
usgamer.net/articles/pokemon-sword-and-shield-interview
newsweek.com/pokemon-home-update-sword-shield-1443453
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whats going on now?

>ProAnal6988

You can't bring Pokémon from old games into Sw&Sh from what I've heard. That's what's making them flip.

In the old games you used to be able to trade in pokemon from other games, in the new one, you won't be able to trade in your furry waifu if they aren't already in

Imagine being autistic enough to give a fuck about Pokemon meta.

Shit, that would have made me really mad back when I was into pokemon. What was GF thinking?

Don't they do that frequently to later add it? Or is it a permanent thing

it's permanent
>Pokemon Bank has, up to this point, allowed you to transfer up Pokemon that were not in the Alola Dex. As we've begun developing for the Nintendo Switch, we've given each individual Pokemon an incredible number of expressions. We've discussed internally, at length, about how to raise the quality standard [I assume of animations/interactions] of each of the (in terms of Pokedex number) over 800 Pokemon and maintain combat balance, all within the limited amount of time we have to deliver this brand-new game to you guys. As a result, starting with this game, we've decided to change our product direction. Basically, we've decided that the Pokemon that can be transferred between Pokemon Home and Sw/Sh will be limited to just Galar Dex Pokemon. We'll choose Pokemon that best match the setting of the game's various adventures.

pokemon-navi.com/20190611e3_pokemon/
From what I can gather from google translate it's going to be their policy from now on.

i'm not worried at all. they're gonna have to make concessions. not even GF can double down after getting BTFO'd as ard as they did yesterday

even junichi fucking masuda looked miserable. he did not want to be the one to have to deliver that news

I think there are just a lot more interactions with your pokemon in this game and they just have a growing stack of doing all these things with every single pokemon. Development gets longer and longer adding these interactions with pokemon so they probably prioritized the pokemon that appear in the region and hopefully they add a national dex later

They only ever added something like this post launch with Black/White, and that was because of Pokemon Bank. They heavily implied that nothing would added in post launch.

"But updating all these models for Switch is haaaaaard. If only our franchise was one of the most profitable intellectual properties in the world, we could manage somehow."

>Future proof the models so that every game on the 3DS runs like shit
>Get a chance to use all of them on better hardware
>Don't
So what was the point of making such high poly models in the first place?

gf is incompetent
water is wet
jewd are evil
more at 8

Don't worry friends. You wirr be aburu to transfer your ordu pokemon in urutra sword and shirdu

The new games will have a set roster, and will not change. Many, many pokemon will be cut and will not be in game. Ever. Plus, this is the new policy for all future games. pls understand, GF small company with no money. Hardware not good enough *raughs*

Attached: 1551231781915.jpg (320x450, 43K)

Why pander to hardcores when they’re a minority?

No? BW gave you nothing but new Pokemon up until the postgame. After that, you could transfer anything from previous gens. Hell, you could even trade over older Pokemon through the main story if you were that jaded. Bank was a gen 6 & 7 feature.

If they won't let us transfer old pokemon you'd think they would atleast be able to have a full roster of over 100 pokemon in the new region. Can't wait for another region that adds 60 new pokemon and pads the world out with old ones. Pokemon went downhill ever since they started milking nostalgia.

This is so fucking pathetic.

Attached: 1553200852565.png (500x519, 175K)

>wanting content that use to be in every other game is being "hardcore"

>muh passionates fans
lol who cares, normalfags don't give a damn about that autistic crap, the game will still sell like hot cakes

Continue to make loads of dosh from the casual side of the fanbase.

Damn thats actually pretty fucked
I never this shit was looking too good to be true, yeah despite all the memes about the graphics the game was looking great so far.

>Grind on all previous games to get OP pokemon
>Mad when you cant transfer them over to immediately win every battle

Sorry, I don't play pokemon, but would what I implied explain why they wouldn't bring it over? Wouldn't it make all the new pokemon obsolete?

Attached: IMG_20190530_133154.jpg (1024x1008, 141K)

>the pokemon are getting in the way of our gimmicks!
i hate GF so much

>hundreds of pokemon with perfect stats
why in the fuck do people waste time on that shit

Oh no, whatever will we do now that the low-functioners are abandoning a children's game?

>1000+ hours into a single pokemon game

That's more embarrassing than my life.

These fucking faggots overreact way too much. It's not like this is the last game in Gen 8. There will be more games where you can use all your old shitters. That being said, fuck Gamefreak for being lazy with the animations.

Because the spectrum tells them to.

This is the only reason i played Pokemon. Have a couple with full set of ribbons i transferred all the way from colosseum. It's a fun hobby when you get all the consoles and handhelds up

Let's be honest. Most of these faggots are complaining about not being able to transfer over their perfect IV'd, shiny pokemon made with gameshark and action replay. I truly feel bad for the legit breeders and collectors though.

people hack their pokemon anyways. some people want to feel like they earned their big bad fighter when online people will use hacked max stats shit anyway

If they put all 151 Kanto Pokemon in the Galar dex then I will not buy the game

>can't catch them all

They really fucked up.

nincels are actually mentally ill

Even normie sites are filled with rage. They may not be shiny hunters that turn their prize competiteve that they then filled with ribbons but they still have a Pokemon or two they kept using.

>They only ever added something like this post launch with Black/White
You're so full of shit.
You could transfer Pokemon from DP and HGSS to BW after you became champion. Yeah you couldn't catch them in the wild but you could trade them from your old games. Gen 8 won't let you transfer old Pokemon unless they're in the Galar dex

Attached: D80ZXNDWkAAqbAN.jpg (1200x800, 136K)

It's Gen 3 all over again. Seriously, this was one of the reasons a lot of my friends dropped the games after gen 2.

>Like, you can't ignore all those passionate fans. You just can't.

That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

>we've given each individual Pokemon an incredible number of expressions

I wonder how it's like to sit there and tell such an obvious lie. Do they really believe this shit when they see the combat animations?

They had a solution for this.
It's called not letting you transfer until you've beaten the game.
They just stopped doing that for the 3DS titles.

For me it is the worry some oldies that i love won't be in, also i dicked about in GO just for transfering legendary pokemon but who knows if they will be in or just the new ones.

Bullshit. The footage we saw still had shit animations, I remember a Lucario being attacked by something like whirlwind and the model just levitated and spun a bit while still standing upright. At least deliver if you promise animation quality, jesus.

Pokemon: Gotta catch half of the kanto dex again for the 50th time

No, because someone can just trade you a lv100 mon at the start and it's the same thing. People just don't want to lose years of playtime.

I hope none of you Game Freak apologists like unpopular Pokemon, because they sure as hell wont be in Sword and Shield

Furries are a demographic you don't want to get on the bad side of

Attached: images(9).jpg (544x564, 36K)

Dude I literally dont give a shit, if Gamefreak doesnt fuck it up, Gen 8 OU is going to be so damn interesting

I always think about transfering pokemon from older games but I'm to fucking lazy to do it, plus I'd rather check out the new ones anyway. Can't say I'm really mad.

Attached: 1544917091228.png (380x264, 67K)

Well, they are the most popular, recognizable set in the series, so they're almost guaranteed.

You were never able to transfer OP mons, there is a soft level cap in place to prevent this from happening: traded pokemon stop accepting commands if their level is higher than what your badges allow

I have a feeling they are either pulling this so more people will buy the ultimate version or they are planning to make a new Pokemon Stadium that allows you to use all your pokemon in there.

Are they going to respond to the outrage?

>Sorry, I don't play pokemon, but would what I implied explain why they wouldn't bring it over?
No because every game up until now had the feature. Beside ruby and sapphire. And gen 1 of course.

Also there is a limit to what pokemon you can use usually. Like you can't steamroll witha. Lvl 100 pokemon it wount listen to you above a certain level

They'll still be able to transfer their perfect IV shiny pokemon if its in the regions dex.

Worse, you can, but only regional dex. Rest will be available but in next releases/patches. Entire /vp/ is thanos memes (and water leader).

Sure, but that would invalidate their bullshit excuse of
>we're picking Pokemon that best fit the Galar setting
They're just going to pick the genwun shit plus the most popular ones like Lucario.

How did that happen? Why do furries have so much disposable income?

Finally

"Resets" like this should have been occurring every other gen at least. The style bleed and power creep was starting to become jarring and this shuts that down as new pokemon no longer have to "compete" with old timers. Each region should have been completely distinct and set apart from past entries, with it's own line up of 150 pokemon of unified styles, with their own roles, who fill in the habitat niches the Region provides. If we need to fuck over compfags autism to do it, all the better.

Attached: MismagiusLewd.jpg (1575x3075, 1.51M)

But they actually do though

Attached: ezgif-3-95dace49b42e.gif (579x346, 2.56M)

>Mad when you cant transfer them over to immediately win every battle

Do you even play Pokemon?

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Outsider_Pokémon

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Obedience

>Why do furries have so much disposable income?
They don't have wives or girlfriends, or children, and they usually live in flyover states where rent is dirt cheap so they have a lot of disposable income.

This, people are more mad that they can't take their bro starter from 10 years ago than their shiny living dex.

I wish that Masuda would say something like, "I don't give a shit what you think. You're still going to buy the game."

There's also the issue that if this is the plan going forward then why should I give a shit about raising up the new Pokemon if they'll be banned from future games? Why care about the cover legendaries at all if as non Kanto legendaries, they will never be in another regional dex and so never usable again?

>NOOOOOO I CAN'T PLAY WITH MY KANTO TEAM?!

Attached: 1529590600162.jpg (301x490, 26K)

Imagine being an adult discussing this children’s game lmao at you pathetic faggots holy shit lmao

We're reaching AnCap levels

this affects me zero
but I almost feel bad for tryhard pokefags that this affects
but god damn the writing has been on the wall for years
pokemon has been uninspired dogshit for so long I'm not sure whether I'm more glad that people are waking up or if I'm more glad at complacent faggots' anger

If you haven't been doing it each time a new generation comes out it's a REAL pain in the ass. It's possible to transfer all the way from GBA Ruby/Sapphire to Sun/Moon though. It makes zero sense to stop now, especially when PoGo solves a lot of the problems associated with legendary and event pokemon. I'd understand if they said "a lot of these pokemon won't be roaming in the wild", but to exclude an arbitrary number because it too much extra work is absurd. You'd think they learned from how annoyed people were at not being able to transfer Gameboy pokemon to the GBA games.

I assume the Galar Region Pokedex will be significantly expansive if they decided to do this.

Like "Sequel Tier" Regional Pokedex in the base game.

At least 450 Mons. Which'll probably be half of the total Pokemon.

Every single person losing their mind over this is an obsessive fan, the type who would have every previous game in the series to trade from in the first place.

Every single one of these people will buy sw/sh even after all the complaing. Their outrage means nothing to gamefreak, their purchase is assured.

Attached: 1476474117-2302130a_orig.png (457x598, 381K)

We would've been fine if what has been shown so far hadn't been mostly kantowank.

Anyone who transfers mons does it as a hobbyist and has played so much Pokemon at this point that they don't give a shit about the actual games. It isn't hard to breed perfect mons so i really don't see who is benefiting from this. It's just GF being lazy

Say what you will about the lifestyle, but they tend to have jobs that pay well enough to support said lifestyle.

your standards are too high

>Introduce a paid subscription service to transfer pokemon between gens in the form of poke-bank
>can now not use that anymore
Fuck game freak

>children’s game
So video games in general?

>Sw&Sh

I would be fine with this if they didn't exploit nostalgia like they have been doing every gen since 6. The new game is probably going to have like 60 new pokemon

Normally you cannot transfer them until after you clear the base game, so them being OP doesn't matter. It is stuff like having a full collection, or in my case having a shiny tentacruel I have used since fire red just be stuck in home from now on. He has been my nigga for like 15 years and now I am stuck just putting him in pokemon nursing home.

They'll give out another Masuda tier excuse later like how they said there was no character customization in ORAS because only the french care about fashion and they wanted to emphasize the adventure aspect.

Keep in mind pokebank is a paid service with the whole purpose of holding and transferring pokemon. Game freak will take huge losses for not only will people not be intetested in this game due to not being able to bring in their fav pokemon, legendaries for online and friend battles but what's the point of continuing to use the storage if that's all it will be for, just to look at your pokemon and not be able to use them?

X/y was 400 so its not far.

>why don't they add and animate the 1000+ Pokémon that i NEED to convert over!!!

Attached: 1557207880386.jpg (626x625, 112K)

Once you've gone down the living dex rabbit hole and finished every game multiple times and bred hundreds of boxes worth of trash you really can't just go back to playing these games in isolation

Where do I find an untouched Heart Gold ROM for the Sacred Gold ROM Hack? All the big ROM sites have pussied out and don't have ROMs anymore.

Oh boy can't wait for all the "he's in" shitposting
I thought smashfags were bad but this is gonna be a fucking nightmare

It's dead anons

Attached: image.jpg (475x475, 41K)

This wouldn't be a bad thing if they did a full reboot and made a clear lore reason for why they did it.
The games would be better off if they didn't have to constantly add every single pokemon but looking at the game and seeing how little effort they put into EVERYTHING it really shows how much they're pushing their luck.

The worst part about this is that even with a soft reset you just KNOW they are gonna pad the game with genwun bullshit instead of the objectively superior gen 2

I think it's more like type combos, abilities, and things like that. Things that aren't factored into this game's balance, because those Pokemon don't appear naturally.

>the champion has a charizard
>waaah kantowank

Just play Yokai Watch faggets

Meme better, Kanto is the one region that's getting full compatilbility, they even promised Mew so Mew is the only mythical to appear in a regional dex outside of their own.

Based Claydol fan, my favourite pokemon is Forretress who is never getting in but Claydol is one I like a lot too.

How the fuck do you get all the legendaries without cheating?

Say whataver you want but gamefreaks are lazy fucks.
From the shit tier looks of the game that make it look like it's made for 3ds to this pokemon transfer thing, they're massively lazy fucks

Based

Who gives a shit. You can't transfer demons in SMT/persona or Digimon between games. Pokemon fans are fucking pathetic. Play the new games and catch new 'bros'. Faggots

>and animate

They reuse the same models and animations in every game since 2013 and have unused walk animations for every Pokemon in SM and USUM

youtube.com/watch?v=s2Sq4bP3-P0&list=PLDL5DHXIz4w3Gbqbo1AFEKd_4wyuQVe5z

Maybe do those things to enjoy the game you are currently playing? That's how most video games work.

Gamefreak doesn't make the models, Creatures Inc. does, and they already made 14k poly models for every single pokemon years ago. This is literally pure incompetence and you're defending it because you're braindead.

Both of those series haven't been built on it since 96 though. The fucking catch phrase is catch them all. If this was happening for silver/gold people wouldn't mind as much, but when you have 20 years of being able to keep all of them and then suddenly you just can't, it is pretty bullshit.

Transfer them out of the game then restart the game and repeat for the other ones you need

This. I was into Pokemon and when you stopped being able to get a complete Dex, I lost interest.

S&S being the first proper console Pokemon was nearly enough to get me to come back to the franchise after not playing since like Yellow but this news has killed any interest I might have had.

Yeah but those are actual good games and didn't rely on meta features to stay popular

As if they put any effort into the animations.

Attached: 1560316177671.gif (800x450, 3.41M)

>It's a fun hobby when you get all the consoles and handhelds up

Nope, you're just a pathetic weeb autist.

The reason games run like ass is because the models were made to be future proof.

There is no legitimate reason why all of the pokemon are not in this game.

Besides Game Freaks general incompetence just getting worse and worse.

someone posted the list in one of the other threads

This is too stupid to be real
>it's fucking real

Attached: THIS SUCKS.png (999x647, 820K)

THEY AREN'T GOING TO DO ANYTHING

YOU LOST

>Do you even play Pokemon?
he literally said he doesn't

>Create a franchise whose entire concept is built around collecting monsters (tagline is literally "Gotta catch em all!"
>Create a system for storing and transferring Pokemon between games for this purpose, including a paid option
>Release only on handheld systems for pretty much the entire franchise
>Finally release a console version of the franchise so it can realize its full potential
>Gimp the game by not including the vast majority of the library of monsters you told us we needed to collect

I don't see how you don't get the problem here.

Prepping them for future usage is how I enjoy them now. You think I reset for a shiny regenerator Ho-Oh then dressed him up in ribbons just to have him rot in the 3DS games? I wanted the golden god in HD land so I could continue getting him awards. As it stands, the cover legendaries for these will be catchable right before the E4, usable there, then unusable for anything else ever.

>idle animations to use most attacks
>flying pokemon glide in air while stationary
>still no following pokemon
>exact same models from previous games

>make dumb shitpost tweet about the debacle
>it blows up
>casualfags come out of the woodwork
>literally say shit like "would you rather have no game at all?"
>"new is always better anyway"
>"stop whining"

Attached: e9e.jpg (1024x960, 115K)

Its not only just that.

The reason why you can't is because those pokemon literally DO NOT EXIST in this game.

Good News!
GameFreak has just burnt to the ground and Nintendo is looking for a developer to take over permanently and wants your advice!
Who do you choose?

>The fucking catch phrase is catch them all
That's never been the catchphrase in japan and I don't think it's been used here for years

None of those games are popular in the first place, autist.

>leave this 90 BILLION dollar franchise aloneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

They made the models too good and now they're running out of space.

Monolith Soft

>posts this image and still cares about pokemon at all

I support shitty corporate practices because it makes people seethe. I don't even play Pokemon

Defenders of this are a new level of contriaian considering even serebii and the Pokemon subreddit is pissed.

Its easy.
You actually have played when they are distributed.

All pokemon have been distributed almost TWICE.
Some shinies have been distributed as well.
Migrating pokemon from other games.

Its impossible to get all pokemon from one game alone unless you trade with other players, which then is impossible to tell if they are real or not.
Only with migration and transfering from old game to bank / home can you truly complete national dexs.

It isn't impossible to get all the pokemon now, either.
They always redistribute the pokemon, someway or another.
Patience.

>People just don't want to lose years of playtime.
Why do you need to bring over all your progress to validate those "years of playtime"? Most people don't expect to carry over all their progress to sequel games in every other franchise.

Plus it's not like the progress is disappearing into smoke. Your pokemon will still be in pokemon home, they just won't be usable until they appear in the next game.

I think this franchise has become hot garbage since XY and I wished people banded together to hound gamefreak for their incompetency for years. It's finally happening but for all the wrong reasons.

Attached: 1541195582378.jpg (499x498, 29K)

cygames

Don't a gorillion pokemon exist by now? Those posts complaining about shitty animations would be funny if they expect a million different pokemon to have unique animations.

You have to be the biggest waste of space, cumsucking soiboy imaginable to even remotely care about Pokemon in 2019.

Have sex

>dumb newfag shitposter doesn't even know about the future proofed 3D models of all pokemon that already exist

>wahhh wahhh make a new pokemon game with new pokemon

>ok here you go all new pokemon

>WAHHH I WANNA PLAY WITH MY OLD POKEMON

Imagine looking a product that's so fucking lazy and you think, "Gee, this is worth $60."

Attached: 1560345269531.webm (640x360, 2.48M)

Monolith for world design, CC2 or Platinum for battles.

>it has to be one or the other

>Most people don't expect to carry over all their progress to sequel games in every other franchise.
Retarded argument when this specific franchise let you do it for 15+ years.

>wahposting
I mean I agree with you but stop looking like an autismo when you make your point.

>these things are mutually exclusive

Stadium certainly wasn't.

Attached: animation is hard.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

okay
but they introduced pokemon bank years ago saying that you could keep your pokemon forever and transfer them to new games forever
that was the sole basis of its existence, they had a protocol put in place for this.
>Most people don't expect to carry over all their progress to sequel games in every other franchise.
BECAUSE MOST FRANCHISES DON'T HAVE SOME ADD-ON YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THAT WAS SPECIFICALLY SUPPOSED TO LET YOU

>ok here you go all new pokemon

serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml

You know what, if they at least stuck to it and only made new ones, that would be better than doing it half-assed. But you're stuck with one million Wingulls and Machop as well as new pokémon.

There are pokemon I've carried through from Gen 3.I don't want to ditch something I've had with me for 15 years.

>Most people don't expect to carry over all their progress to sequel games in every other franchis

So? Pokemon let you do it for gens 3-7 and had it as a selling point for the franchise. That's like defending a new mainline Mario game removing jumping and saying it's fine because adventure games don't let you jump.

This is so casuals and new people can get into it easier, 800+ pokemons is scary (the market they love the most)
how big would the game need to be anyway to give all of them their unique space where you can go capture them?

Then why the fuck have people been bitching about shitty animations lately? Shouldn't the animations be good if they merely imported them, or are you telling me pokemon has had shit animations since 2013?

As a meta fag, I really like this.
Like... a lot.
It's going to force an entirely new meta game to come out every release that's going to change drastically.
Old favourites are going to come and go while other Pokemon that are sorta-good-but-not-as-good are going to have to come and fill their roles. Except they wont have quite the same strengths as their old counterparts but might in fact have different things to bring to the table.
And that stupid fucking orange tiger genie will fuck of and die at last.

As a person who likes Pokemon for the games however, it's pretty disappointing. You'd think this would mean they'd put more effort in to animating the existing content, but they clearly haven't.
They don't NEED to make new higher quality models with animations for all of the old Pokemon because they already exist.

Importing your old mons is the one thing that keeps people coming back. You cut people off from being able to have their full collection and it's just going to make them fuck off.
Nothing kills motivation faster than taking something you've been building for the past 20 years and instantly turning it into a waste

animations were always shit

It's not about wanting to capture them all in one game. But being able to transfer them from the old ones to the new ones to get a complete pokedex, or have your old teams for the post-game. Shit like that. Which is impossible since GF simply didn't out in the data in the games for those pokemon to exist.

You're autistic. Just start over.
Sooner or later a cut was gonna happen.

t. shinyhunts and breeds comp mons himself too

>a game that came out 19 years ago has better idle and battle animations the nuPokemon

Attached: this isn't fun anymore.gif (400x279, 1.78M)

So pokemon showdown gonna be the best place to battle clearly as you will be able to use all mons

Black and White did this, then after you complete the game's main quest line they offered the ability to transfer every and all Pokemon from Generation 1-4 from the Gen 4 carts. This isn't the case anymore, and only Pokemon found in the game you're transferring to will be able to do so. This argument also falls apart since they're going the Gen 6 and 7 route, making a small number of new monsters and filling the rest of regional Pokedex with old ones, instead of making 150+ new monsters. If you want to shitpost, that's fine, but don't do so ignorantly.

Attached: 1479317465019.png (864x467, 428K)

>no animation is a better animation than no animation
Huh-uh.

BioWare's Montreal team

But that's just it, the animations in this game are no better but we're still losing most of the library.

If they showed actual improvements or changes to the Pokemon, this would feel more justified.

Until jewtendo smacks it down with a c&d since they can't allow something better then their own product to exist.

Did you even watch your own webm?

>GF small company with no money. Hardware not good enough
I think it has more to do with the fact that there is now 800+ pokemon, and even making a semi-balanced game that would be fun to play with other people it almost impossible at that point. No matter how powerful the hardware is or how much money is throw at the company, there are just not enough hours in the day or a upper-management capable enough on planet earth to make it work.

The real reason is that everyone at gamefreak sucks ass at coding and since Iwata is dead, no one will be able to save their asses this time.

They havent done it yet, unlikely they ever will

I didn't interpret it this way does anyone have the actual quote?

You want to be the one to tell little timmy he can't use his favorite nidoqueen anymore? Casuals fucking love being able to transfer pokemon.

And it was the main thing keeping these games stagnant and free from any experimentation.

Now I don't expect gamefreak WILL try to do something new with the franchise or put more effort into the pokemon that make the cut, but this needed to happen for there to be even a chance.

>Plus it's not like the progress is disappearing into smoke. Your pokemon will still be in pokemon home, they just won't be usable until they appear in the next game.

>but they introduced pokemon bank years ago saying that you could keep your pokemon forever and transfer them to new games forever
>that was the sole basis of its existence, they had a protocol put in place for this.
See the reply above.

>BECAUSE MOST FRANCHISES DON'T HAVE SOME ADD-ON YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THAT WAS SPECIFICALLY SUPPOSED TO LET YOU
They didn't say Pokemon Home would have a subscription fee. I honestly think with this backlash and the fact that they're doing this will probably cement it being free too.

Did you? The Onix is doing nothing but its idle animation. As does the Scorbunny in the gif in this thread

What GameFreak should do is make one massive base game, with a Dex consisting solely of new Pokemon.
Old Pokemon cannot be transferred initially, use a throwaway line such as regionwide quarantine or some bullshit.
Actually use the time saved to improve animations, visuals, optimisation, balance & difficulty and make sure there is a significant amount of content so players don't complete it and throw it away within a week.
Then release the other Pokemon as free DLC over the course of a year and a half.
If the game was actually better looking, more fun to play, had more story content than any previous Pokemon game and didn't chug shit every time it had to render more than two models, I don't think people would mind waiting for Pokemon.

You do know the idle animation of current Onix, right? The stadium one has more motion then the new ones they've been using since gen6.

Attached: Pokémonsprite_095_XY.gif (90x115, 241K)

I bet you can bring shitmons from pokemon go

You can take them from Pokemon Go into Pokemon Home, but not into SwSh unless they are in the SwSh Pokedex.

Attached: D80fXf9XsAElIaV.jpg (1200x670, 92K)

oh boy a handful of 128x128 jpegs they have to edit and slap on an existing model

I wonder how many Pokemon you'd be able to use if "Let's Kill Ourselves! Pikachu and Eevee" didn't exist and all development time had been focused on SwSh since USUM's release.

Happy that they said it now, instead of at launch because I was currently trying to get every pokemon for this game. Saved me some time, and now I know not to have any expectations for it.

Well that's just yet another retarded decision.

Genius Sonority

What's the consensus on let's go pikachu/eevee?

Bad, but it sold well enough that Masuda considers it the new standards for the series, not kidding

>charge for a system to hold pokemon from previous games explicitly so they can be transferred to the newest titles
>newest title comes out
>"lol nah get fucked we still have your money though :P"

If this doesn't go beyond a twitter hashtag into a full blown downward spiral for the series I will be surprised

>tfw you unironically think this is a good thing

It's going to be better for balance.

>pokemon
>balance
get your head checked retard

So we’re just gonna ignore the elephant in the room and never address the fact that the people who want to transfer perfect mons were filthy cheaters who just injected them in?

I know one dude who’s livid about this and claims “there goes my 10 year old Pokémon” and I’m like bitch you hacked every competitive mon into the game since XY and subsequent releases, why would you think it’s fair to xfer those in?

Keep that old shit on old hardware. Yes there will be a brand new set of Pokémon hacks I’m sure, but a fresh restart will prevent literal shit from clogging this brand new game’s adventure.

t. Breeder turned injector who absolutely expected there to be no transferring to Switch

Ok? That doesn't change the Onix not doing anything regardless. If motion was all it took then you wouldn't be complaning about the Scorbunny because it hops up and down like a mental patient when not attacking.

>Pokemon Games
>Balance

>Pokemon
>balance
Are you aware of how fucked gen 1 is?

Attached: 1483546381527.jpg (500x364, 116K)

Those hacked mons will still be transfereable IF they appear on the new game's dex

Yeah dude, I sure do love my favorite Pokemon being LITERALLY REMOVED FROM THE FUCKING SERIES! Nope, totally just L33T competitive hackers. Holy shit I hate you fucking retards so much. Just fuck off out of my series, Pokemon is not competitive. It should not be balanced at the fucking cost of the creatures which are the WHOLE GODDAMN POINT. This series has completely lost it's way, fuck it, I'm done.

>mfw ditto isn't in the Galar dex

Attached: 1560271498054.png (680x730, 558K)

But the system is still there. Your Pokémon aren't gone. They just aren't in this new game. They'll be in other games.

SO basically they got lazy

Fuck me it's a good opportunity to expand, give the jobs of animating lesser animation to interns and new animators, what's the point in designing all these characters only to not use them because "it's too hard"? Fuck off.

Why should I care about scorebunny? It's not in fucking stadium, but the bloody Onix is and has more animations in a almost 2 decade old title then in the newest one on more powerful hardware to boot. Same fucking shit applies to blastoise .
Christ, did you somehow think that your webm would show that the new games have good animation compared to past games or what?

Attached: gul'dan's amused.gif (384x216, 2.55M)

You see user, in addition to that:
>No Megas
>No Z Moves
>Permanent Exp Share for all Pokemon's without such item

Can this be a good thing? I mean, I think one of the reasons Pokemon stayed the same for so long is because they need to stick with the same engine and literally can't.

Attached: 1541120982519.gif (300x169, 558K)

the last time you couldn't transfer was because they reworked everything between gen II and III.
If they're reworking all the mechanics, stats, IVs, EVs, etc. to make the game better then I'd be ok with limiting the pokemon.

I've never played pokemon, but that seems like how it should have always been. If you are playing a new game, start a new game. For the old one play the old one.

They are going to remove Evs/Ivs, its too complicated for kids that want to compete quickly

Let's just ignore the millions of normalfags that want to bring their bros with them to new games
Most people aren't compfags you know

Attached: 1475273814585.png (223x450, 195K)

IVs are literally worthless busywork

Horrendous
This is the community you chose, you can’t ignore a part of it and expect there to be no repercussions. Pokémon has a literal inherent competitive mechanic, with BATTLES. Trainer battles exist and everyone literally cheats their favorite mons in with ideal movesets and stats.

Just because you don’t compete doesn’t mean it shouldn’t exist. With that logic just because you’re a virgin, other people shouldn’t have sex?

There are 800 Pokémon. Why the fuck would you expect them to not milk their current roster across 5 years of games, rather than blow it all on (1) game on Switch?

I don't have a massive issue with it, but there are people who have invested a lot of time into breeding/raising perfect Pokemon and their preferred mons are locked out, and they're the ones that are pissed

>Christ, did you somehow think that your webm would show that the new games have good animation compared to past games or what?
No, but that Yea Forums and /vp/ think it's fine when old games do the same thing a new one does but only the new one is at fault when the others somehow have a million excuses.

>but the bloody Onix is and has more animations in a almost 2 decade old title
It doesn't because current Onix and all other Pokemon also have another animation that plays after it idles for a bit, unlike the ones in Stadium and other games. Why do people never post them i wonder.

>muh balance when every new gimmick introduced since GEN 5 has broken more than fixed.
jesus christ it's not even 2020 yet, these Olympics at the lengths to defend GameFreak are legendary. What type if Stockholm Syndrome is this? For a BILLION DOLLAR company at that.

>breeder turned injector
unironically soulless. your opinion is worthless.

>No Megas
REEEEEEEE
I actually happen to like Megas
And no I don't use a shitty OP Mega like Gengar, I use my bro Scizor because I actually like him.

What makes it worse is that Dynamax is basically Megas only with no design changes, plus a time limit - which should have been present for Megas anyway.

The normalfags can catch new Pokémon or xfer then from Pokémon Go. Normalfags don’t care about their Rayquaza trapped on Pokémon Emerald. Or their notch-eared Pichu. And are these Pokémon level 10? 20? No fucker they’re likely level 100 if they’ve been transferred between games. Who the fuck battles with level 100 pokemon?

>max level pokemon
>roflstomp through the game
i understand why they would not allow it, but i also understand why the autists are mad because its been possible since gen1

Removing EV's and IV's is fine by me, but I'm a gen 1-2 competitive autist.

It's entirely possible Game Freak are completely incompetent and have used up all the space on the cartridge. Take pic related and consider that they've likely made Dynamax Pokemon their own models and that they'd have to make a Dynamax model for every single Pokemon made. That's not even including the other bullshit they've probably pulled in the game.

They can literally play the old games just fine

You could literally never do that because they wouldn't listen to you unless you had enough badges. Holy fucking CHRIST PLAY FUCKING VIDEO GAMES FOR ONCE YOU APOLOGIST NIGGERS

pic

Attached: 1560350664685.jpg (2048x349, 447K)

>from Pokémon Go
Is that what you assume when you hear normalfags?

Pokemon is a trainwreck but I'd rather deal with its laziness than Yo-kai Watch's gameplay.

Digimon shills are better

Its also equally possible that this is all Matsuda's fault and that he truly believes that 800+ mons will overwhelm all the newfags from Let's Go

>i don't use a shitty OP mega like Gengar, i use my certainly not OP bro Scizor that certainly wasn't high tier since Platinum

That's true but what if they have a favorite Galar mon and a favorite old mon that they want to use on the same team and can't now? Remember, a lot of the people that have invested this much time into the game are autistic and/or very into competitive online battling

It's better for game design in general. Too bad gamefreak won't take the opportunity to make things better or try something more ambitious though.

>cant even use old pokemons
>muh big pokemon gimmick
>pokemon STILL dont hit each other and just stand in place and flail about like spastics despite it being a mainline console release
>muh small company
>makes more money than the rest of nintendo combined
yet you autists will still eat it up like good little consumers. yum yum feed me more shit nintendo.

the last good pokemon game was TCG on game boy.

Attached: OMEGALUL.png (600x630, 423K)

No, they made it up.

>No, but that Yea Forums and /vp/ think it's fine when old games do the same thing a new one does but only the new one is at fault when the others somehow have a million excuses.
>decade old game with limited hardware looks worse then the new one on superior hardware
>except your own webm proves the opposite
You're really retarded, holy shit. Fucking retards like you are the reason why gamefreak can pull shit like this and get away with it.

Attached: pffffffffffffffft.gif (245x245, 999K)

Monolith.

Only if Brenda gets to be a relevant thing. Genius Sonority just makes bad and tedious romhacks as much as GF doesn't understand difficulty either

Hopefully that's the case since it'd mean this is fixable.

Attached: 1553632835470.jpg (790x844, 77K)

>implying it wasnt worth your time having these pokemon roflstomp even if they didnt listen to you

You always unlock the ability to bring old Pokemon after beating the game, so that you don't "roflstomp" through it.

Time to stop cocksucking gamefreak/pokemon company and really speak out loud what you think.

It was towards the end of the pokemon treehouse presentation.
youtube.com/watch?v=TmWu-f6L0Mo
From minute ~25 onwards.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-12 Direct translation from Masuda about the limited Pokemon TLDR There likely won (856x349, 33K)

The irony of this situation is that all the pokefags will buy the game anyway and it will have record sales.

pokemon died after silver for me desu
t. red / gold masterrace

cant wait for hoen dlc pack

They can also help with the game ost.

shit i meant crystal

>spent countless hours collecting different colored sprites
have sex

Attached: 1541976432416.jpg (1024x1004, 211K)

based and redpilled

I thought legendaries were story related. How do you get some of them despite making such an effort to catch shinies and grind boxes worth of pokemon to lvl100?

literally this

why do people waste their time on any game?

Well is it a waste of time to read a classic novel?

It's about the experience you get from playing a game. There's something to be said for feeling the thrill and novelty of pitting your mind against something and forming strategies then executing skillful actions to fulfill them, vs walking back and forth in a field to add another chicken looking character into your menu screen and choosing from 3 moves in each encounter.

>just have sex!

>There's something to be said for feeling the thrill and novelty of pitting your mind against something and forming strategies then executing skillful actions to fulfill them
What game offers this?

I genuinly never thought people used this feature.
Thought it would be too much of a pain in the ass for normies.
Do people genuinly still have pokemon they've taken from the GBA blue and red?

>contact GameFreak and make a change
I honestly don't want a change. I've been clinging to this franchise for the past decade and watching the games get progressively worse, but still supporting them because, at the very least, they facilitated nostalgic team building, training, battling and backwards compatibility. The announcement that they're never going to have the full roster in any game again is just the fucking kick in the nuts I needed to finally drop this garbage franchise. I don't want them putting any kind of band-aid on this that makes it okay with me. I'm glad to be done. It feels liberating.

If people complain to GameFreak, they aren't suddenly going to become competent developers. Even if they somehow find it within themselves to cram all the Pokemon back into this game, the rest of it is still going to be an ugly piece of shit with shoddy programming, missing features, nonexistent post-game, lag, pop-up, bland environments and N64-tier textures.

Attached: 1533399892930.png (400x267, 119K)

didnt this happen before with ruby/saphhire? or the ds games?

I wish there was a way to filter everyone who does these "imagine being blah blah" formulaic memespeak shitposts.

No, R&S had a limited roster you could catch, but the files for every Pokemon still existed in the files so you could transfer them in from other sources that came later. SwSh won't have the files at all.

Pokemon go was so popular it had your average Chad playing it, this is what they care about. Reaching as many casual people as possible, that's were the money is and since they're casual it doesn't need to be a game with much depth at all.

Yes, I've had the same pokemon ever since gen 3 came out.
Transfering them from GBA to Ds was a bit of a pain since you could only do like 6 at a time but pokemon bank made it a hell of a lot easier

Attached: gen3.jpg (2432x3240, 3.42M)

It's not about that; the Pokemon not in the game will literally not be available in the game. Ever. No Pokemon game will ever have the full roster again, it'll just be whatever's new for that generation, plus whatever old ones they think "fit" the game. It's not that people specifically want to trade forward Pokemon they've had around since GBA (the original Game Boy games have very different Pokemon coding and are incompatible with newer games, but everything since Ruby/Sapphire are capable of being transferred forward), it's that people like having the choice of what monsters to use out of the entire pool and have gotten used to that. People spend a LOT of time catching/breeding/training Pokemon for fun and competitive/online/post-game use, and now there's no guarantee that whatever Pokemon you trained in the last game is going to even exist in the next game.

This. Plus, back in R/S/E days, they at least had the excuse of limited technology and completely revamping the way Pokemon were coded between Gen 2 and 3. The current game is still completely compatible, and they even have the assets for all the existing Pokemon that could just be imported, not to mention the fact that they have two apps that exist entirely to aid in the storage and transfer of Pokemon between games. It's just them being lazy/rushed/generally incompetent.

one of the gundam games on dreamcast, cant remember the name, gives u the entire strategy map but battles are real time action

Attached: smug_10.jpg (882x624, 122K)

You should get married first of course. Then have sex and make kids instead of frittering away your brief existence grinding for shiny pokemons. At some point you've got to decide whether you'd rather have green Machamp or a wet dick.

Attached: machamp.jpg (715x427, 43K)

>tfw me and my wife both play pokemon together
She always uses a water team

Attached: 1557268576971.jpg (933x608, 109K)

They use the models in other projects too, like Pokemon Go. They'll keep using them in the future, just not all at once because there's like over a thousand with a new generation, right? That's too much shit.

A hardcore reboot of the series, like legit a new universe where no past Pokemon existed, not even Pikachu, would be one way to solve it. It would piss off fans and probably fuck up a lot of shit, but it would give them a chance to start fresh and leave out shitty designs for once.

I wasn’t going to buy it once I saw that it looked just like sun and moon. They have the tech to do great things but do not

>As a meta fag

Attached: Doubt.jpg (600x358, 15K)

>not-britain doesnt accept foreign pokemons, putting an end to typhlosion is adventures
>he stays alone in a meaningless world while waving his former trainer goodbye, 10+ years of service and frienship coming to a sudden end

Attached: 1534878601600.jpg (2464x1648, 365K)

I feel like I'm the only person to have seen this post and keked at it.
I'm mentally immature, call the cops I don't give a fuck.

Just separate the competitive scene from the more casual games.

>Introduce Pokemon Bank as a way to minmize friction between generations of different hardware and facilitate easier transfers between games
>End up completely fucking over the primary audience for this shit after one game

Legit what the fuck where they thinking

Attached: boogeyman.jpg (405x544, 26K)

>what the fuck where they thinking
"what gimmick can we use this time around to avoid putting actual effort into it"

This only seems to be a problem if you're profoundly autistic.

doesn't pokemon showdown already do that?

You just have to wait for the next next gen for another chance at Typhlosion getting added again

Oh no how will I get to use the fucking key chain pokemon

Lounging in your skull bereft of payment

Unironical soul vs soulless.

Are you trying to tell me you enjoy Pokemon's thriving metagame? Where all the non-Smogon teams look like pic-related, and Pokemon Showdown is nothing but Landorus, Heatran, some variety of Greninja, or Magearna?

Attached: diverse pokemon teams.png (795x903, 450K)

>none of them actually hit each other
theyre both fucking retarded. a kick attack shouldnt launch a fucking hadouken across the screen, how hard is it to change the z position of the models ffs

>muh subjective definition of "experience"

>Iwata dies and Pokemon slowly dies with him
He was literally carrying the entire company, no wonder they made him CEO.

All the models are in use in Sun and Moon already, there's literally no reason not to be using them in the Switch game too, there's practically no fucking work they'd even need to do either. They're just fucking lazy, what have they done with the time that this has supposedly saved them? They sure as fuck haven't used it to improve the quality of the Pokemon they are going to be using.

They got lazy years ago.

It'll just get a new replacement

sure its subjective. I guess if you're a brainlet you can be fully satisfied with bleak featureless repetitive interactions.

how the fuck is primal groudon legal in an official event ? what ? aren't all flagship legendaries banned by default ?

>playing competetive with legendaries
bruh

This
I can only see it as a positive, as long as they make breeding a little less painfully boring

RAID co op is a novelty one time try then never do it again. Giant Pokemon is the pinnacle of wasted time, money, and effort while neglecting the core collecting aspect of your game.

Yes, and that's what my original post was explaining. The old best gets replaced with new stuff, but the new stuff is likely going to have access to different tools that'll make a whole bunch of different scenarios.

XY and Sun and Moon limited VGC to the regional dex first year. Could've done the same for Sword and Shield. Nothing will change in Showdown.

>muh subjective definition of "bleak" and "repetitive"
every game is repetitive by your standards

Making something giant is the easiest thing possible in 3D.

legit who gives a fuck about showdown
they've been playing a different game for like a decade now

Funny the only one without a primal groudon in their team, have a pokemon banned from Ubers

from what we've seen on trailers and game footage, there are already 178 pokemon in the Galar dex (counted from the Serebii list)
we only know 18 new pokemon so far, and we can expect anything from, I'll say, 75-125 mons
I'd bet on 350-400 total pokemon in this game

Oh no I mean you'll just get new cancer, lather, rinse, repeat
I'm not sure why you guys actually expect real balance

Because we aren't complete brainlets that think any kind of meta = cancer, we just want things to get shaken up once in a while

That's unironically what I'm hoping for. Sword and Shield seemed good enough to buy, but the incomplete dex killed my hype entirely. I've given up on Sw/Sh for now but I'd buy Gun or Ultra Sw/Sh if it didn't cut a single mon.

>Giant Pokemon is the pinnacle of wasted time, money, and effort
Giant pokemon should be the best possible way to introduce a new aspect to pokemon while keeping costs down since all you need to do is scale them up and add clouds instead of having to make new models for each one.

>while neglecting the core collecting aspect of your game
Boss fight pokemon have always been a thing, this is just an attempt to make them more fun and hopefully difficult.
The mewtwo in cerulean cave would've been a raid battle if this stuff were in the original game.

>while keeping costs down

Any company in the world other than gamefreak should be worried about keeps costs down.

just the vocal minorities complaining. it'll still sell a lot

For the duration of playing a game, there are those which can be considered not repetitive. But please continue to egest strawmen from that face-anus you call a mouth.

Anyone mind clarifying this for me? Does that mean pokemon from the previous generations won't show up, or is it some game mechanic where you can transfer pokemon you previously had to the new game that won't be allowed?

You can't transfer any pokemon that aren't in the dex

all gen 1 pokemon will be available

The latter.
Pokemon that can't be caught in Galar literally won't be transferable into the game. They've effectively been cut.
There are those that will tell you that this is just cutting dex filler, but consider the following: The fucking ice cream got in. Garbodor got in.

>neglecting the core collecting aspect of your game
If you have to trade the Pokemon over from an earlier gen, the collection aspect is completely non-existent already. You collect everything that's in the game, if you bring it in from outside that's closer to hoarding.

Same reason LGPE's size have a MASSIVE bloat in file size despite having far less pokemon data. Iwata isn't around to help them with compression, so GF's incompetence ensures they will have trouble fitting it for sword and shield.

Vanilluxe line is based though

Pokemon from older gens will show up, Pokemon games always have some method to transfer your team from an older game to the new one. Sword/Shield has this, but you can only transfer Pokemon species that are in the new game.

>There are those that will tell you that this is just cutting dex filler, but
Why would people even say that? In 7th gen, Pokemon outside the national dex didn't get new entries.

Ice cream pokemon is better than your favorite pokemon.

.0001% of the pokemon fans are competitive. even less inject pokemon. God damn you are the worst

Hard Pokedexit.

Hey remember people pay $5 a year for pokebank and didn't say a damn things. B..buut it's only $5.

>ProAnal6988

Attached: 12-12.jpg (640x480, 55K)

Why bother? The group that is pisses is the equivalent of a crack addict cursing the existence crack while heating up a spoon to smoke some more crack. All this sound and fury will signify nothing.

R/S couldn't bring stuff in, but that's also a much shorter time frame.

Even if they did, it's not as if they'd go back on their decision. We'd just be getting more flimsy excuses.

>have sex
Ok, now what?

that's like 4 times cheaper than switch online, pretty much a steal

I get where you're coming from, but you don't end up making more money than basically anything by needlessly wasting money.
I do agree though that if they're saving themselves a bunch of work by not adding in a majority of the fauna that's been created over the years, they really need to step up the battle animations and ways you can interact with the ones they did include.

>Development gets longer and longer

Maybe they should stop shitting out yearly releases

>So we’re just gonna ignore the elephant in the room and never address the fact that the people who want to transfer perfect mons were filthy cheaters who just injected them in?
You say it like the switch won't inevitably allow for injecting and thus the block being pointless. Legitimate pokemon guys are fucked.

It's probably mostly because of GF's incompetence but wasn't this more or less inevitable anyway? The number of Pokemon just keeps increasing with every game while the old ones are still there so eventually there's going to hit a limit on how many they can feasibly implement. Imagine if this same thing applied to any other game, where a sequel had to have its own content + a large part of the content from all of the previous games.

I think one option would be for GF to just reset everything. Look at all the 800 or whatever mons and choose like 150-300 to keep and get rid of the rest. Might improve the quality a bit too.

Imagine paying for a $70 dollar game, Pokebank, Pokehome and Switch Online just to have some of your favorite mons to rot in a glorified digital prison. And don't forget if you don't pay for their subscription they get deleted. So they're essentially keeping your mons as hostage since you can't transfer things back. Not to also include the fact that Pokebank was supposed to be the cloud service that allows to transfer stuff between generation. So there's also that lie.

So not only did GF keep releasing more mediocre games with less content each gen theyre also doing less work and expect you to pay more for features that was promised years ago. This is reaching EA's level of retardation

Good, this allows them to reduce scope in terms of assets, which has prevented any REAL innovation and actually work on making the GAME better.

>Look at all the 800 or whatever mons and choose like 150-300 to keep and get rid of the rest.
That's what they're doing, any given game will have around 400 or so and the others will just sit in the roster where they can be implemented if it's beneficial but otherwise don't need to be worked on. It turns them into an asset instead of a burden.

>Mostly everyone at Nintendo: we are willing to delay and even remake game development from scratch so we may provide our products the polish & content it deserves. Thank you for your understanding.

>HAL, Camelot & Splatoon devs: the base game will be somewhat poor at launch but we'll keep adding free content during the year via internet. We hope everyone's excited!

>John GameFreak: We'll be removing content from our latest entry so we may keep our deadlines and release the game at the promised date. This will affect future entries going foward as well because developing games is hard. Please understand (sad Masuda face).

GAMEFREAK is a disgrace. They don't deserve Pokemon

Attached: 20190612_131130.jpg (1080x1552, 496K)

>ruins it for dex completers
>ruins it for comp players
>ruins it for casuals
>ruins it for Pokemon Go players
>ruins it for kiddies who won’t be able to transfer their Greninja and will cry when it gets stuck in Home forever
>ruins it for VGC players of all ages who now have an even worse meta
>ruins the self-contained story and gameplay as nothing you do will carry over to the next one

Sword and Shield is effectively a generic RPG now like Dragon Quest XI only with way less content and worse graphics and framerate. It’s amazing how Gamefreak’s laziness went so far they committed the one sin they could never afford to commit so easily.

>My 1000 hours on CSGO and Bloodborne are far more impressive

>It's entirely possible Game Freak are completely incompetent and have used up all the space on the cartridge.
And no Iwata to bail them out while also giving them enough room to put in an entirely separate region.

the key chain is based and fun to use fuck you

>ruins it for dex completers
Except it makes it easier since now completing the Dex is just the regional dex and you can do it with just the games themselves.

>ruins it for comp players
It redifines the meta on a per game basis now so competitive will be able to evolve each game now.

>ruins it for casuals
Nigga no fucking casual cares about bringing their level 100 ratata from Red/Blue to sit in a box in Galar.

>ruins it for Pokemon Go players
How? I'm a Go player and I don't see how this connects to Go at all.

>ruins it for kiddies who won’t be able to transfer their Greninja and will cry when it gets stuck in Home forever
Again, kiddies likely wouldn't give a shit. They're way more adaptable than you crying man-children. If they're told "this game you can only get certain pokemon" they'll accept it way easier than some 20+ year old "hardcore" player.

>ruins it for VGC players of all ages who now have an even worse meta
The meta may end up worse, but that's something no one can no for sure until the games come out. It could end up better just as easily.

>ruins the self-contained story and gameplay as nothing you do will carry over to the next one
>Ruins the self-contained story cause you can't bring shit from outside the story in
Nigga you realize how retarded this sounds, right? If anything, this'll allow them to make the self-contained worlds even more unique.

I full odds shiny hunt and I've had more sex than this entire board, eat shit shill

No, seriously, this

There is absolutely no reason to not just play other, better JRPGs, collecting and transferring was the one thing Pokemon had over them

>Nigga no fucking casual cares about bringing their level 100 ratata from Red/Blue to sit in a box in Galar.
This is the number 1 reason I don't give a shit.
The only reason I'd care is the possibility of injecting a low level version of a favorite pokemon to use throughout the game.
Other than that, transferring pokemon has never been of interest to me as a casual player of the games.

imagine wasting you whole life on pokemon

>Nigga no fucking casual cares about bringing their level 100 ratata from Red/Blue to sit in a box in Galar.

How is one man this wrong?

They should state the number of Pokemon they're planning to allowed be brought forward; then for every whiny pissbaby comment they read online; reduce the number by 1

Are you kidding me? Pokemon stadium on N64 had better animations and pokemon personality that the new games.

Attached: lazy gamefreak.gif (500x281, 3.03M)

>How? I'm a Go player and I don't see how this connects to Go at all.
If there's a Pokemon you busted your ass to raise in GO and you transfer it to Home so you can use it in Galar, if it's not in the Galar dex, you can't transfer it back to Go, meaning it's in unusable limbo forever.

I'm not into Pokemon, but I thought the whole point of a new gen was that it was, well, "new". Why would you want to start a new game just to bring in your old Pokemon?

> flat image slapped onto a model.

Don't defend GameFreak's embarrassing incompetence.

>unless they are in the SwSh Pokedex
every single gen has had a regional dex and national dex
this will be the exact same

>I think it has more to do with the fact that there is now 800+ pokemon, and even making a semi-balanced game that would be fun to play with other people it almost impossible at that point.
You act like Gamefreak has been good at balancing in the past. Gen VII OU was like the same 10 or so Pokemon constantly, BL and UU are the resting place for former OU champs that got powercrept to hell, PU was made for Pokemon so shit that they were bad in NU, and Untiered (a non-playable tier) had to be made for Pokemon so bad that they aren't even viable in fucking PU. Not to mention Mega Rayquaza forcing the creation of a banlist for the banlist.

And your point is...?
I play Go to play Go, not to raise some pokemon to transfer to a mainline game (outside of Meltan but that was a special case since it could literally only be gotten in Go at the time).

The ability to transfer Go Pokemon to Home didn't really make sense to me to begin with. Takes all the fun out of trying to actually catch them in real games. But thinking more about it now, Go probably will make it much easier to get a nice living dex going in Home.
At most, I may transfer some extras I get in Go to Home just to fill in spaces in it's dex. No interest in bringing that stuff to S/S though.

Attached: 1551479241823.jpg (1368x2048, 280K)

Where's the double kick in stadium?

Absolutely, but it will be the usual shit excuse that Masuda gives for any criticism.

Attached: 1540895571698.jpg (1662x2083, 2.27M)

>Pokemon game
>You can't Catch 'em All

Attached: 1531021564301.jpg (924x1023, 57K)

No, the point is that they're outright saying this time there won't be a National Dex in the game.
As in they won't even program pokemon beyond the Galar Dex into the game.
Imagine it like how you can't transfer pokemon beyond Gen 3 to AS/OR. Only here you can't transfer any pokemon not already attainable in Galar, no matter what generation.

Basically, I think GF's idea was that Pokemon Home would be the new National Dex while every game from now on will have it's own set of Pokemon unique to it.

Attached: 1551585519172.png (644x745, 229K)

Its permanent
Theres not even code for specific ones

What kind of fucking virgin actually attempts to catch every one of the fuckers? I play Pokemon for the comfy adventure, not the autistic hunting sim.

Attached: 1558872473804.png (720x487, 300K)

i would be perfectly ok with them cutting non-regional pokemon if we got stadium-tier battle animations in return, but that doesn't seem to be happening

Didn't know that this many people actually transferred their Pokemon from game to game. I usually just start from scratch in each game and leave whatever I had behind.

More upset about the Dynamax mechanic looking like garbage if anything.

Attached: 1398967285277.jpg (380x287, 13K)

Kinda funny when you look back at gen 1's meta, that despite psychic being the most OP type, there were still many other non psychics in OU. Even shitmons like Farfetch'd and Porygon had a niche use.

Garbador is a great design though. If you are going to complain about bad design at least focus on something like Magneton or Klefki.

>finally in the era where mainline games are straight up downgrades from Colosseum/GoD

But the comfy adventure is literally the exact same in every game

Look at this bootlicking reddit post.
>I’m a Go player
Ah, that explains it, you’re a brainless moron.

Jesus Christ

desu I expected something like this to eventually happen after the Gold and Silver remakes made every sperg out over interacting with literally every mon.

Now imagine the 30 or so dudes working on the game under gamefreak(their staff is relatively small for how big of a franchise it is), doing animations for 900 of the fuckers after basically spending 6 years trying to future proof them during the 3DS era.

They were thinking about dynamax shit and deadlines.

I'm literally the kind of massive Pokefag that buys every game and tries to complete Regional Dex every game.

I've been playing since Blue, and of course I have my bros that I've held onto over the years. Still have my first ever shiny, a Golem from Silver and plenty other shinies and well used Pokes.
But I still don't give a shit about this change. I've always just brought my bros along and sat them in the PC. They're like old toys, I only keep them around cause I can't bring myself to let them go, not cause I want to use them.
I'm glad that Pokemon Home is finally gonna be a place I can put them permanently so I don't have to worry about constantly transferring them. That's all I need, so I'm fine with them not being able to go to Galar and I'm pretty sure like 80% of the playerbase for Pokemon will feel the same way.

Attached: 1551460331675.png (329x426, 147K)

XY had nothing else going on in it and I wanted to get my money's worth, so I caught a lot of the mons. Not all though, I'm not that autistic.

bulbapedo screenshot

Attached: 256px-Double_Kick_Stad2.png (256x189, 74K)

Honestly could care less since I don't really play pokemon, but this shit is hilariously sad due to the developer's incompetence.
How do you end up shooting yourselves in the foot after years of getting away with it?

Attached: 118599_v1.jpg (212x186, 15K)

Here's your Masuda interview bro
usgamer.net/articles/pokemon-sword-and-shield-interview

Attached: 1560364695412.png (671x575, 61K)

>Gamefreak already had high poly models of the previous Gen 1-6 Pokemon since XY
>added 50~ more for Gen 7
>Gen 8 will probably have that same amount, maybe less than 100 at best
Yikes

Nintendo just lost bajillions of potential Switch sales, Pokefags are the last bastion of 3DS users that haven't adopted the Switch yet

Why would Pokefags shell out $300+$60+$20 when they can't even transfer all of their old Pokemon?

>this is what set off poketards
>not the low effort level design, lack of post game content, unskippable shitty cutscenes, ridiculous handholding/dumbing down, poor performance
>but the fact that you can't transfer an old pokemon when you can just inject shit anyway
what the fuck is wrong with poketards?

Attached: kodak.jpg (1189x1200, 86K)

R/S had everything coded in, and the only reason it didn't have a way for you to bring everything was because they switched from GBC to GBA. Everything was still in though.

In this case, they just coded for the Galar dex and won't add anything else. They future-proofed the content back around 2013 just so they wouldn't have a disaster like R/S and still managed to fuck it up.

>muh inject
You can't inject Pokemon that aren't in the Galar Pokedex you stupid idiot.

If a certain old Pokemon and their evo line aren't in the Galar Pokedex they're literally fucked and non-existent for that game

So you’re the same kind of idiot who complains about EVs and IVs and wants them removed because they’re too tryhard, or celebrated the removal of the Battle Frontier because it’s too hard.
>muh bros, I just go through the story so who cares
The gameplay is utterly fucked of content but you like this because you’re a mindless casual who has never played beyond ingame. The postgame is permanently fucked to having less to do than BW but you’re okay with this because you’re a mindless casual.

Pokemon Showdown will have more content than this garbage game and better animations to boot. That’s what’s sad about this garbage but you can’t fathom caring because you’re a casual who mindlessly eats up whatever Gamefreak shits out and celebrates cutting content everyone else likes.

I'm not playing if I can't get Skarmory.

The multi-billion dollar company is too cheap and lazy to program all the pokemon into their new game so you won't be able to use the ones they don't feel like adding.

Blizzard

Don't worry, here's your Skarmory bro

Attached: Corviknight.png (1280x1280, 796K)

>keked at it

Attached: 1554316372180.jpg (1392x1600, 202K)

Pokefags deserve it for letting GF get away with being lazier and lazier every game

You won’t be able to use every Pokémon in sword and shield metas, same way how you couldn’t use old Pokémon in gen 6 showdown before Pokémon bank

You've never played pokémon.

He looks okay, but I'm never turning my back on Skarmory.

We'd finally get that pokemon collab bros

Attached: 1532726377712.jpg (650x663, 64K)

Disability checks.

Every single gen you retards bitch and moan about pokemon being dead despite games still selling gorllions.

You dumbasses don't get tired of this?

Attached: 1548557300688.png (628x624, 431K)

IVs have no good reason to exist, EVs are kind of dick if you're doing competitive but they're fine for customizing purposes.

Attached: D80uSdUWwAIRZx0.jpg:large.jpg (1072x1032, 73K)

Wrong on all counts, faggot.
The moment I get access to the Daycare I immediately breed my team to be the best they can be at that point and then use whatever EV training tricks there are in that gen to get their EV's right before moving on. I fucking hated how the daycare was locked to postgame in B2/W2 because of that.
And once I get to post-game I breed myself a perfect IV team on top of all that.
I do all that extra shit. I squeeze every last bit of content I can from each game on it's own. But even then I never feel the need to use my old pokemon beyond possibly having them for breeding.

This game not having a National Dex won't do shit to change the postgame because that never has. National Dex is ridiculous at this point. I'm already super autistic about this shit and even I think trying to fill out the National Dex in a single game is autistic.
If that's really what people want to do, then that's what Home is probably gonna be fore. That's why you can transfer fucking everything to Home but can only push from Home to future games. And why they're saying they'll have trading in Home. I may actually try to do that at some point, but as far as Sword and Shield go, I'm just gonna do everything they offer, which no one even knows the full extent of yet.

>We knew at some point we weren't going to continue supporting all the Pokemon
>That's why we gushed about supporting all the Pokemon doing the home announcement
Fucking retard.

I think what he's talking about is gen 5-6 transfer.

nobody is saying that it's dead
just a lot of older fans are getting fed up

Pokemon is finally dying, this is truly the best E3.

>the last good pokemon game was TCG on game boy.
>computer cheats constantly and get godly rolls
>good

>they didn't add all the previous Pokemon because they didn't want to also add their Dynamaxed forms
>you cannot even catch higher leveled Pokemon in the Wild Area until you acquire a certain amount of badges

Kek what a disaster

like people play pokemon for the fucking babby-tier singleplayer campaign even if this were possible?

Well, that's not pretty.

>they managed to make a Pokemon game worse than LGPE
Congrats, Masuda

Attached: 1555527263340.jpg (995x933, 87K)

still not true, they could keep releasing shit for years and they'd still be far from dead
but yes apparantly some believe this

LGPE was a prototype of their future games

Gen 1 only plus a handful of Alolan alternates

Next year they'll shill the Sinnoh remakes, it'll have a limited Pokedex too or it will just have the Platinum Pokedex

How long until we get Smash rosterfagging on Pokemon?

dying =/= dead, it's still profitable but I'm going to bet they start selling fewer than the last

We've been complaining about that shit for years, this is just the final straw

haha holy fuck anytime I think gamefreak can't go lower they surprise me

>Nigga no fucking casual cares about bringing their level 100 ratata from Red/Blue to sit in a box in Galar
Except joey

If every attack was fully animated and it didn't look like a JRPG where the punch in front of them and never make contact, there'd be almost no controversy.

>but I'm never turning my back on Skarmory
And here is the exact reason why its such a shite fucking decision. Its hasn't been about catching them all for a decade now, its that everyone has a favorite pokemon and every mon is somebody's favorite. Every dumb fucking design and stupid looking monster has somebody who loves it to death. No matter which one you remove somebody is going to feel alienated as they no longer have their guy.

Man, there's a pokemon I've had since R/S/E that I've tried my best to get every ribbon I can on it.
RIP Altaria, you were too pure for this shit game.

>Now imagine the 30 or so dudes working on the game under gamefreak
I do not care. They have LITERALLY the most profitable franchise in existence on their hands. I am insulted that they try to pull the "Oh its too much work!" angle. Any other person with more than two braincells would therefore HIRE MORE PEOPLE. Instead you're fucking going to gut the roster of pokemon? Disgusting hacks.

There's no chance Altaria won't be in Galar, the region of constant clouds.

>so glad I stopped pokemon with Gen 5
And now, I'll just stay in the background until updated versions of sw/ss are released

Just like bellossom was a shoo-in for the hawaiian region, right?

>ready lazy models
>ready lazy attack patterns
>ready fucking everything
>just have to put it in
>cant because they ran out of space in the shitch cartridge
This is the true reason and the only one. If the backlash makes a big enough impact, expect the national dex to be added in as DLC

>Kanto is the one region that's getting full compatilbility
so we are gonna go back to RBY meta? Alakazam, Chansey, Tauros and so on?

Imagine being autistic enough to value these 0's and 1's like they were their children. Did they never have the memory battery run out or have a save file corrupted? God forbid you can't use the same 6 Pokemon every game.

I want to actually be able to use my pokemon in a game, not just look at the sprite in home. Based off of the promotional image for home, transfer is one way. I don't want to have to hope and pray for YEARS that my favorite pokemon will be part of a new region's dex just so I can use them again.

People can be sentimental over all kinds of stupid shit user.

>it's just data
stale repost, move on to a new damage control strategy

Or they'll make a hasty gen 4 remake with a slightly bigger pokedex, so dex collectors can just buy that.

>the target fanbase has evolved from kids who trained for fun and genuinely loved pokemon to these shallow newfag brats who want everything on easy mode
I truly despise zoomers

How are these faggots noticing GF's sheer laziness just now? Jesus, that shit has been going for the last several years and normalfags ignored it

>perfect IV'd, shiny pokemon
But you can legit breedfag your way to that. I know I've done it for one gen to get a very specific hidden power type. Using Pokegen or whatever is actually the LESS autistic option

>B-b-but we want to maintain that small studio feel where everyone knows everyone
>No we can't outsource parts that our small studio would be overwhelmed by, shut up

It's not about steamrolling, it's about spending years collecting and using teams and then no longer having the ability to bring them with you to the next generation and they get stuck in purgatory instead.

I have Crobat from Black 2 who I've brought forward all the way to Ultra Sun, he has come with me all the way to US. He doesn't get used on the regular play through but he's a part of my history and I make sure to pimp him out with as many ribbons as I can to cement that.

It's more like the straw that broke the camel's back.
I skipped the last two games, to be fair.

>make a Jumpluff and Mareep clone
>remove the originals from the game
DEVILISH

Traded Pokemon don't listen to you if you don't have enough badges, literally think of Ash's Charizard
here's an example from when I first got Platinum:
>beat Diamond with Torterra, ~Lv. 80
>pick Piplup in Platinum
>try to steamroll game with based Torterra
>up against the twin Lv. 10 Pachirisu before Floroma town
>Torterra kept using status moves, loafing around, and falling asleep, letting the Pachirisu whittle down his health
>Lv. 82 grass/ground dino-turtle died to two Lv. 10 electric squirrels
>beat them with Piplup because they also ran out of Electric moves
Remembering stuff like that is exactly why I want to hold on to my Pokemon

Attached: Charizarding.jpg (271x186, 12K)

Crobat's a bad example, there will absolutely never be a game without Zubats.

>straw that broke the camel's back
Try barbell. You cant just shave a roster of 800+ established characters that have lasted years, some decades and expect people to just accept it with a fucking grin

True enough.

Wrong, sun and moon has no national dex and i have been saying this since release but no one listens, pokemon died with sun and moon not sword and shield

But the new shits in gens 6 and 7 have been the most busted mons since Mewtwo.
>Megas
>Tapus
>ultra beasts
>Necrozma the casual filter
>Xerneas, the queen of ubers
>Groudon getting his groove back
>FUG

They're too young to have experienced a friend or relative saving over your file and discovering the inevitability of it all. No data is permanent.

>none of my favorite are confirmed yet

They really have no one to blame but themselves. Gen 2 introduced a fair amount of pokemon, but nearly a fifth of those were either baby pokemon or a new evolution to an existing pokemon. Gen 3 went ape shit with newcomers and pushed previous gen pokemon to the background to the point where it may as well have been a soft reboot, and that's pretty much been the model ever since.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I don't remember asking for this. I'm perfectly fine if games are a blend of fresh faces and veteran pokemon.

Except galar has literally no veteran pokemon, only fucking pandering
They did this shit with Unova, where no old pokemon showed up, ever. You were allowed to transfer older pokemon in, but only after you already beat the game. They also had that dreamworld nonsense to bring in older mons but that was highly limited. BW did the system of forced refresh right. Galar did not

Which won’t happen anyway

Watch as they bring it back for the third/next game after """""listening""""" to fan feedback.

Pandering? To who, newfags?

Pokemon fans have spent years crying that the old games and mons were more popular, now you don't have to worry about it competing with new stuff.

>Except galar has literally no veteran pokemon
This is getting stupidly misinformed, we've already seen a bunch of veteran returning Pokemon.

>veteran returning pokemon
Such as lucario? Charizard? Salamence? Garchomp? Metagross?
Fuck right off. These so called 'veteran' pokemon will be gen1 rehashed nonsense like those fucking alola forms(which were oddly minited to gen 1 pokemon only-but nope! Pandering cant be the cause!) and/or fan favorites which already break the game making their balancing issues argument moot
>pandering to who? newfags?
Obviously
>now you dont have to worry about it competing with new stuff
except for the 'veteran' pokemon coming in! Nope, those wont be fan favorites and overpowered garbage pokemon that every zoomer and his roastie single mother love! nope! Not a fucking chance!

here's the list, according to newsweek
newsweek.com/pokemon-home-update-sword-shield-1443453

Oh, so it's not that it won't have veteran Pokemon, it's that it will have veteran Pokemon you don't like, like Mincinno, Hippowdon and Roggenrolla.

My favorite pokemon are shuckle and Dunsparce. I’m fucked

that's a random pairing

It's not that bad.

>Not just having a rotating meta a la MTG
Oh right, that takes a modicum of effort.

Closest was Ruby/Sapphire but eventually become doable with multiple 3rd gen games+ranger. Reason back then though was an overhaul on stats so they never made 2>3 possible. Ever since 4 you could bring in the previous gen but not for competitions(there was the balance pass).
So you always could do 3>4>5>6>7. It was just locked until a certain story point

I have legitimately been laughing at this shit all fucking day. Pokefags deserve this.

1000+ hours gone? How? Holy shit, this is overly dramatic.

>make the game open world
>the fucking faggots scream they can't yiff their lopbunny or fuck their gardivoir in the new game

>let's go uses the same gameboy tier animations
>this still upsets gen wunners.