Soul/Soulless

Soul/Soulless

Attached: 1560255243717.jpg (700x936, 329K)

you/me

Using the word "soul" should get the poster autobanned for life

Mods exist, no need for remaster where they just update graphics a bit

I really hate FF8 for ruining an otherwise great franchise.

But the point is to make the game readily accessible for everyone.

I can see the argument for FF7 but this is just wrong.

Shit taste

Nope. He's right. FF8 is the shittiest of the PS1 games. Worse than FF10 too

FF10 is probably the best classic FF overall

How can that be the case when FFIX exists? Seriously.

No, user. The point is to cash in on nostalgia, with little to no effort. At least FF7R is a game built from the ground up and essentially a new game.

This actually looks kinda good. I'm genuinely surprised.

what's the purpose of remaking a PS1 game to look like a PS2 game

FF10 is hardly a "classic" FF as it barely contains universal final fantasy mechanics

they fucked the artstyle

Attached: 1560250372713.jpg (509x262, 18K)

Not much nostalgia for a game hardly anybody has played or been told to play.

so what about soulcalibur and dark souls

Let me guess you didn't like IX because it's "slow" and "kiddy"

Found the ADHD edgy faggot

They don't go far enough.

I didn't like IX because it has shit party members beyond the core 4, an uninteresting skill system that encouraged grinding, the limit system that was completely uncontrollable, a story progression that escalated and escalated but then abandoned its own narrative to suddenly focus on Zidane's boring backstory, and yes being actually slow as fuck which exacerbates all the other problems by a fuck ton. Even on the fastest setting it's still unbearably slow to load into battles, complete them, load into the overworld and plod along to the next area.

>jaggies = soul

No.

FF8 is shit, SHIT

My only real complaints with it are the number of sharp edges still on things and some of the clipping.

Other than that, it looks decent. No reason to play it, but it looks okay.

Many FF8 fags cried out for a remake/remaster since 7R was announced. I also think that Square wants to do something like a "Final Fantasy Remaster Collection" and put out all remastered games into one big bundle.

Isn’t there a way they can up the framerate in these FF ports and remasters?

>DOING THING = SOUL
>DOING THING AGAIN = SOULLESS

I know that animations were tied to framerate in 7 at least, not sure about the other ps1 games but brute forcing it just makes everything faster

>that generic anime look

they fucked the artstyle

>limit system that was completely uncontrollable
so one of the reasons you hate the game is because you're shit at it? kek

Good riddance

No defense for every other criticism, I see. I accept your concession of defeat.

Attached: chadhan.gif (500x375, 1.59M)

I really want a physical version of this for PS4. Please crush my hopes and tell me how utterly in vain this is

Attached: fat wojak.png (640x783, 90K)

Maybe they will do a collection of VII, VIII and IX. REmake was released digital only, but then got a physical release when RE0 came out and they got bundled together as Origins collection.

Attached: C01E7153-F266-451C-9F7F-C51DACB8BD36.jpg (425x534, 48K)

>hurr i hate niche game for no reason
>duuurrrr payy attention to me im a snowflake ff7 is my favourite game!

Nah, it's just Squall's head they fucked. He went from chad with nice hair to emo teen with spikes.

My major concern is this: even Square said they lost most of the original files. Will this end up being the worst of the 3 5th gen remasters?

Only squall looks bad in the remaster.

No it means it will be the BEST

Why are people mad about this? It is the only final fantasy game that has never recieved any sort of remaster
probably because it was perfect the first time

Attached: 1548859251025.png (1095x903, 299K)

>tfw no glasses

Me vs the guy she tells you not to worry about
LMAOOO

Attached: 3CB78EA8-93AC-4592-AE9A-9A2874CEE5DC.png (960x933, 118K)

She looks actually perfect.
Quistis should've been the one for Squall.

Honestly i love ff9 but this user makes very valid points.
I'd bet that any anons who have actually replayed it as an adult would probably agree.

this is also the case for IX so its probably also true for VIII. if you use memoria mod for pc FFIX you can raise battle fps, but ir also speeds up all animations, 60fps means animations are twice as fast. I set it to 40 fps in battle

You mean FF4?

Please, just fucking go back and chug some more lentil juice. Don't shit on games when you weren't even born in time to play them.

Don't get me wrong, it's not as though I hate 9. I actually liked it quite a bit despite my problems with it. That being said I obviously liked 7 a lot more and I think 8 is better as a whole despite also having some issues with game balance and the worst female character of all FF excluding Lightning.

The real FF4 is what we call Final Fantasy 7. They skipped 4 numbers just to sound cool.

Graffix are fine, but I fucking hate how the menus in all of the FF remakes/remasters look like mobile garbage.

You're right. Quistis is pretty shit.

fag taste desu