The PAL NES ran every game at 80% speed

>The PAL NES ran every game at 80% speed

Weird how no one ever talks about this.

youtube.com/watch?v=JMw151-2qB8&list=PLYNvtGd5iXdTi5k5lAbXbM1JT2AEgarMp

Attached: a4fd7536-7a01-489f-a0d3-61d8e853f2b6.jpg (700x700, 36K)

>Didn't have a converter installed

We don't need to because PAL is notoriously shit. There is a reason why people were pissed at the Playstation Mini.

>higher res
>better colour space
>less motion blur
It might be shit for some games and lazy ports, but it's a better standard otherwise.

>no one ever talks about this.
12 year old clown spotted, and that's not even ironic

It's not the NES, it's practically every console even up to the 6th gen.

>It might be shit for some games and lazy ports
In SNES and NES era all the PAL ports were lazy.

Wasn't it the same with PS1? that's why Excalibur 2 was impossible to get in FF9 PAL

Well mainly because the PAL regions didn't really adopt the NES.
Computers dominated Europe at the time.
Master System was more popular throughout PAL regions too.
And it wasn't just the NES, every console up until (and including) the 6th gen played slower in PAL regions.

So did every console up until the PS2/Gamecube. SNES, N64, PS1 - all of them suffer under this. Even some PS2 games still haven't had that issue fixed.

I actually think it is possible, just it goes from being a reasonable challenge for someone who knows to the game to speed run tier every second counts.

>Well mainly because the PAL regions didn't really adopt the NES.

The fuck are you talking about?

Everyone says this but everyone I knew had multiple consoles and literally just one guy had an atari home computer and we made fun of him for it.

Guess what? It was also the same for Genesis and Master System, which, might I add; was infinitely more popular in European regions (and Brazil where it's still sold to this day and considered the NES of many hues childhoods) and yet it still was slower in spite of that.

That's because we talked about it years ago.

The PAL garbage is a good reason not to waste time and money on collecting old consoles, that and ironic hipster faggots driving prices up because they have to have a wall of old cartridges they never play for their sellout youtube video backgrounds

It's no wonder Europeans took more to PC. Their shit actually worked at full power compared to the gimped versions of games they got.

>every console up until (and including) the 6th gen played slower in PAL regions.
Well, the dreamcast and ps2.

Except for getting a CRT. I've seen games on a CRT and the difference is fucking astronomical.

Legend has it this is why Battletoads was so fucking hard. Being the only European game at the time, all the testers played it at 50FPS, so when it got sped up in the US it basically became impossible.

Attached: Battletoads.png (220x303, 174K)

NES just wasn't as popular in the PAL counties. I could have worded that better.
I've never met anyone in Australia that had an NES at the time. I'll see cartridges for sale in shops, but the number of games are eclipsed by the Master System games.

you obviously don't know HISTORY, YOU FAGGOT

PAL REIGNS LOVED PC SHIT
THEY LOVED SEGA AND SUCKED MEGA DRIVE COCK SO FUCKING HARD

I FUCKING KNOW THIS AND I LIVED IN THE US, ASSFUCKER!

Aus doesn't count. Here in scandinavia everyone had an NES/SNES/Genesis because you could rent games for it.

This. LCD was such a regression, we're still recovering 15 years later.

Attached: P_20160928_205854.jpg (4096x2304, 1.88M)

I live in a pal region and every kid either had a NES out Sega master system, about 50/50. Only the really weird nerds had PCs

NES tanked in Europe and Australia. Master System was the dominant 8-bit console in those regions.

Eh some SNES games were optimised for speed like Donkey Kong Country.

Hell, a handful of Mega Drive games actually were best in PAL. Ecco Tides of Time not only runs at the correct speed but uses the extra PAL resolution too.

PS2 had very inconsistent 60hz support.

In Australia everyone has NES, that guy's just full of shit or a zoomer

The NES was king. The numbers are just a bit messed up because of Dendy.

>NES tanked in Europe and Australia.

No it didn't. I'm 34 and every kid had a NES here. I had one as also. NES games were for sale everywhere. Even my teenage aunt played NES aged taught me how to play mario. NES was way more popular than Sega

Battletoads was developed on a 60hz system, you fucking mongoloid.

Rare used Famicoms ever since their very first Famicom/NES title, Slalom. All their SNES titles were developed completely with NTSC systems too. Their music was entirely targeted for NTSC platforms too.

The same thing goes for Software Creations. They used NTSC systems for NES and SNES development because PAL FUCKING SUCKS.

Attached: ct8y859t8pi11.jpg (2048x1536, 255K)

Also, forgot to mention
>PAL FUCKING SUCKS
Unless you are using a Commodore 64.

>NES tanked in Europe and Australia. Master System was the dominant 8-bit console in those regions.
wrong
NES was popular in europe, a lot more popular than master system
it's all the nintendo consoles after that, that tanked

only 1 person I know had nes. and even then it was just a mario/duckhunt console since most of the good games in nes library never got pal release. i played shit like elite and leisure suit larry on my dads dos pc.

I think it might really depend on which European country. I know for sure that the NES tanked compared to the Master System in UK and Australia.

>slow games
>2 years late
>no RPGs
>magazines only cared about Amiga/Atari ST/Amstrad
It got better with the PS1, but being an eurocpean during the 8 and 16 bit era was true suffering

Are you three from the PAL-B region for the NES? Finding PAL-A games is often quite expensive.

This. PAL is better than NTSC overall, it just wasn't the focus of game developers.
Not having weird 3:2 pulldown with movies, instead just slightly sped up from 24 to 25fps and ran smoothly, and no 29,97 or 59.9hz bullshit.

Consoles totally dominated the magazines here. Nintendo had a magazine, SEGA had a magazine, and assorted console games went to Super Power.

Attached: 01sf.jpg (664x1026, 154K)

We don't talk about it because nobody in PAL regions bought Nintendo. PAL was solidly Sega territory and then Sony after that.

>from 24 to 25fps

Really? This is considered a big deal?

I'm so broken by emulation.
I grew up with a PAL NES and I had Mega Man 2 but I don't remember ever playing the slowed down version.
actually don't remember playing any games at 80%, I've never looked at an NTSC game I grew up with and said "This looks/sounds too fast". Weird shit. My memories have been replaced.

I recorded a bunch of games so I could potentially verify it for myself. Though I don't have a VHS player.