Where is the budget?

Where is the budget?

Attached: 1560011204300.jpg (1600x1600, 361K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oxj6ZVwYZ4Y
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Level_Games
m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_glitches_in_Generation_I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

CEO's pocket

haha I don't really know

They don't need one. Retards will buy it regardless

All going towards the committee that is currently deciding which Pokemon to remove from the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=oxj6ZVwYZ4Y

Here

>Entire story in one village
Fucking garbage right there.

They had to pay Masuda personally to delete 80% of the dex one by one. Remember, they're only a small indie studio and they need your support :)

For years I've wished they'd do a 3D Pokemon game, ever since I was a kid.

Now we get one, and it's by the time there's 1000+ Pokemon, most of which look fucking retarded.

>gayfreak trying their hardest to be like level5
really

Cause they have to rig and animate all those models......oh right they cut most pokemon....

Spent on coke and hookers

reminder that the pokemon company keeps 99% of the profits and GF is just a bunch of women in a garage with barely enough money to keep the lights on

Their pockets.

And they ripped the animations and models from the 3DS games anyway

Where's the soul?

Meanwhile, at NLG.

Attached: 1560298563688.png (1510x906, 2.52M)

Attached: worry.png (853x480, 288K)

Reminder that GF are co-owners of TPC.

that's literally how pokémon should look

Reminder that that doesnt matter

I-i-it's going to have better animations now.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-12 Direct translation from Masuda about the limited Pokemon TLDR There likely won (856x349, 33K)

any pokemon not in the region can't be brought over by that pokemon storage thing. I think there's a lot less than 1000 pokemon

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Level_Games 98 people.

They used the money they saved with Dexit to buy shit for themselves.

>Pokemon
>Budget

Attached: 1425497498277.jpg (286x385, 47K)

>If only you knew how bad things really are

Looks kinda souless desu

GF literally has no excuse.

Attached: WORKING MIRRORS.png (1920x1080, 2.3M)

Agreed

the pokemon company funnels about 90% of it in their pocket.

What the FUCK? So it's just going to have the standard 50 new pokemon and like 100 old ones?

It seems like they're turning pokemon into their jewish franchise.
Make all of their money, and spend none making it.

Attached: Arthas.jpg (125x125, 2K)

The budget went into pre-emptive shills for damage control.

Bill was as surprised as we were. Even asked to repeat it just be clear about the issue.

I think Sword and Shield might finally push me to hack my Switch. I want to play them and check out the wild area, but I don't want to give GameFreak money. I was going to give them a pass for the low effort graphics, but culling Pokemon is just going too far.

pureasu undastando making geimu is vely haa

Yeah, that's why everyone's being in a frenzy since yesterday.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-12 Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Gameplay - Nintendo Treehouse Live E3 2019 (1283x109, 13K)

>grass is just two jpgs intersecting like minecraft
Holy shit this level of "we don't give a fuck at all" is embarrassing

Attached: Grass.png (300x300, 4K)

Died with the DS.

That can't be right because Town looks like shit too

pockets and to TOWN

i was gonna mention this. surely we're past this literal N64-level foliage.

BAHAHAHAHAAHA

Attached: DEFEND THAT.gif (495x304, 3.45M)

I haven't played a Pokemon game since the GB era, can someone explain this franchise to me? Based on money drawn they should have budgets and teams on the level of Mario, Zelda, GTA, etc. but for some reason they always look and play like budget titles made by 50 people. Why is this the case?

Attached: kimjoy.jpg (625x417, 35K)

This is disgusting for a million dollar company backed by another million dollar company, I know it's just grass but they can't even make it look natural and even have it stand out as much as possible by making the root layer darker than the actual ground layer of textured grass and topped with a yellowish green

Attached: hmm.png (989x796, 1.62M)

Kim-Joy is C U T E

Attached: WHAT.gif (487x289, 1.91M)

Even Fire Emblem is looking better than this now. It's honestly astounding how shit Gen 8 is looking.

Here's hope Pokemon works. You buy 20 million copies. 90% of that money goes into the coffers. 9% goes into licensing fees, funding other Pokemon spin offs, the card game, non game related costs, investing, etc. 1% goes to making the next Pokemon game.

And even if Game Freak spent more money on making a Pokemon game, they're a bad studio. It would just be wasted. But they don't need to spend more, because the fans are blind sheep who buy any brick they shit out.

Attached: 2870bf9a0b872ed7d30bc667f21f19e9.jpg (550x800, 229K)

Honestly its brilliant, just make make a low budget video game with a skeleton crew of 150 people. In turn that sells billions in merchandise. The profit margin is so high why would they ever give it a budget of more than 10 Million? The game is already expected up to 15 million copies regardless of quality because their audience is braindead retards that will buy anything with our logo.

going to the new Yacht I imagine
>captcha is boats
thanks Yea Forums, very cool

Game Freak is very bad at 3D. Everything looks de saturated with highlights slapped on it. There's no color. The animations suck. Game Freak has been using the same formula for decades. However, now they've gotten especially lazy. I think in X&Y and S&M combined there was about 150 new Pokemon? These games worked best in the pixel format on handhelds, as seen by the supreme examples of their ability, Platinum, B&W/B&W2, and HGSS. Also for every new region they cut out cool features and then add new ones, basically making them take one step forward and two back.

Didn't an user say that Gamefreak is getting tired of making Pokemon games? If that's true they might be focusing on stuff like Town more.

>They pop up like in let's go
>Early on they're strong high level pokemon you cannot capture until you have enough badges
>You could possibly run into a shiny version of these pokemon before you have enough badges to let you catch them.

Oh I hate this already

>Early on they're strong high level pokemon you cannot capture until you have enough badges
Game is ruined

Attached: voihelvetti.png (1600x1620, 1.29M)

Gotta pay Masuda and Ohmori for having their magic now in one game.

Attached: pokemon directors.jpg (1262x2220, 394K)

>can't catch 'em all

Attached: 1462305741660.png (659x545, 103K)

I bet TOWN will also be a fucking disaster. But it will be one with effort put into it
Game Freak are just incompetent in anything that isn't the artistic part

this explains so much why gen 8 is shit, but I don't care, just give me my fucking dragon eeveelution and I'll buy this turd

Bring back Morimoto, Kawachimaru or Unno

They're incompetent at the artistic part too, mate, don't kid yourself

>run into a high leveled shiny
>you don't got enough badges to catch it, looooooool
Imagine the anguish.

Attached: 1528774839430.gif (200x200, 3.14M)

Good. They should hand Pokemon development over to Nintendo.

Like night and day

Attached: nightandday.png (1017x274, 443K)

pokemon has made over 90 billion dollars over the years, so pretty high

They were also bad at 2D. And programming. And gameplay. And basically everything. They needed help just to get the first two games done. And every game since has gotten worse.

Why does Ohmori always looks like a soulless robot?

KEK

Oh yes, it costs eleventy bajillion dollars to put an obnoxious amount of bloom lighting in a game, the only thing that makes a game look good. How dare Nintendo cheap out like this.

>you cannot capture until you have enough badges
That's not a thing, right? Please tell me this is not a 'feature'. I didn't pay too much attention to LGPE because I knew right away it wasn't for me.

I don't have to imagine it.
Statistically, it's going to happen to someone, and they will post about it on /vp/, and I will be there to witness his lamentation.

Attached: brock.gif (175x175, 136K)

>One area, meaning less filler
>Garbage

Nigga, what kind of crack are you smoking?

What happened to Masuda after BW? At least before then he made somewhat reasonable decisions.

RPG is about adventuring and seeing new shit, not just running errands in your tiny fucking shithole of a town.

Marketing

iwata's influence waned and then went away altogether

(POKE)GAMERS ARE RISING UP!

Attached: InsertJokerfacehere.png (720x324, 37K)

>Poured his heart and soul into BW, kept a development blog and everything
>Normalfags absolutely hated it because "WHERE'S CHARIZARD?! WHERE'S PIKACHU!?"
>Masuda falls into despair and becomes corrupted

Isn't that like 100% of Animal Crossing? Pretty sure people like that garbage too.

>The world to explore is smaller and that is a good thing

The fucking state of nupokecucks

Those people are stupid.

No one should aspire to be Level 5.

So this is that console pokemon game we've been waiting so long for huh?

just put it on a ps4 or xbox already, and make gramfreak higher 100 more people, who actually know how to use a computer.

It is they proudly showed it off during E3 when they were chased down by a high level Machoke

>less than 50k on hasthags
>less than 20k on youtube
Yeah..."rising"

If they were trying to be like Level 5, then at least the graphics would look good. Level 5 is a studio where everything sucks but the graphics. With Game Freak, everything sucks.

What's so stupid is, Pokemon fans don't want radical change. They'll play the same gameplay and content every game. They just need to make it look a little closer to the anime each time. But they can't even do that. Even when a series like Dragon Quest or Dark Cloud did it three gens ago. All Pokemon needs to do is spend 90% of its budget on graphics to make it look like the anime. And they can't even get that right.

Attached: 1458706138789.gif (400x240, 1.87M)

>All Pokemon needs to do is spend 90% of its budget on graphics
yikes user. it's like you want a pokemon game with only 50 available pokemon total just as long as it looks good.

But now we get like 150 pokemon and graphics with the 10%. The 90% goes on lunches and personal funds.

>only making a limited amount of pokemon
>Not animating all of them
>3D open world design that's far behind even GameCube era games

Ok so what are they doing with this game?

I didn't say that's what I want. I said that's what the fans want. And they do. They only use a handful of the Pokemon that get added each game anyway.

Also, the budget for a Pokemon game isn't going into developing ideas for new Pokemon. That's done by a handful of artists in pre production. One of the cheapest things is adding new Pokemon. The cost comes from the 500 artists they hire to render the Pokemon and world.

Ending the franchise.

hope it was worth it gamefreak you fucking toads

Attached: D80U6QMWwAAWbbS.jpg_large.jpg (1676x474, 106K)

So other pokemon will ve available trough raids?
Neat that would give time to make thebother models

>potentially every single pokemon can be obtained

Attached: 1466376924654.jpg (627x522, 237K)

There’s a lot of people talking shit about GameFreak in this thread but I guarantee that none of them have made a game, and if they have, it was nowhere near even a 1000th of the scale of mainline Pokemon. GameFreak isn’t being lazy, they aren’t slacking, they are trying to make the game and get it out in a reasonable time. Relax. You’ll buy it anyway cause you know this to be true.

>”B-B-BUT POKEMON IS THE BIGGEST GROSSING FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME!!! THEY SHOULD BE ABLE T-“

Shhh. I didn’t know that not only are you a master game dev, but you’re also now a world class business man that knows everything about a company’s operations at a glance! Oh wait, you aren’t. You don’t know shit, unless you’re a higher up at GF you can’t claim anything. Also, holding companies to unreasonable standards and then getting disappointed they didn’t attain them is retarded.

>”B-BUT ITS NOT UNREASONABLE!!!”

Considering they can’t do it without delaying the game, clearly it is.

>”W-WELL MAYBE IF THEY DIDN’T WASTE MONEY ON DYNAMAX AND THE RAIDS THEY WOULD BE ABLE TO PUT IN ALL THE POKÉMON!”

Ah yes, how DARE GameFreak put dev time into innovative and interesting new content and concepts. I’d much rather see shit I’ve already seen instead of have them try new ideas. Yup.

If you’ve ever needed proof that the Pokémon fan base is comprised exclusively of children and entitled manbabbies, look no further than Yea Forums.

Based.

Attached: 7571973B-C76A-4FA9-81C3-5CF7647AB0C9.png (750x673, 627K)

Masuda literally said they are selectively choosing only pokemon that fit the setting to appear in the game and that others will be unavailable. That poster is wrong.

It also means they can force people to pay up if they want their pokemon back, it's dirty as fuck, also that bit about Leon is messed up, no wonder they showed him off early, hes a fucking fraud

can someone explain to me why they can't transfer pokemon from the bank? Isn't that why they made it so they could future proof any poketransfers?

>Rotom possesses the entire stadium for his Gigantamax
Yep this thing is fake

You can use Dynamax outside of Gyms/Stadiums

>there are people who didn't drop Pokemon after gen 5
You poor fools.

>30 fps
>2019
>it will still sell millions of copies

Attached: ptn0csy111231.jpg (666x1283, 106K)

Kek, get a load of this fag. Cry some more.

Attached: 330CA7FC-5710-4DC2-9174-FCAE9E1EA4B6.jpg (1200x876, 172K)

stop...
our company is so poor... we have no time...
its so hard to make pokemon games... please stop...

Attached: sad masuda.png (512x512, 365K)

No you can't we literally see the band materialize on Gloria's wrist in the gym battle, she nor Victor have it on in the field like the wild lands unless I missed a video

Cutting out all the pokemon goes against their "catch it all" purpose and removes a lot from the game. It might be excusable if they used the fact that they have less pokemon to their advantage, with unique animations and interactions. However, they don't. It looks about as shit as Sun & Moon in the graphics department, despite being a more powerful console. It also runs terribly.
Nice b8 btw, got me to reply.

Because they're lazy or incompetent or both.

animal crossing isnt a fucking rpg

>X + Y
>Omega Ruby + Alpha Saphire
>Sun + Moon
>Ultra Sun + Ultra Moon
>Let's Go Pikachu + Eevee

reminder that this is their 6th game pair in 3D, 11th and 12th game overall and they have been using the literal same game models since XY and it looks like THIS

>You'll but it anyway
I won't and if you weren't dyslexic you'd have read hundreds of posts saying this isn't acceptable for one of the most commercially successful franchises in the world.

They could have chosen to make a great looking game. They chose not to because they know they have useful retards like yourself who will lick up anything they throw on the floor. Frankly it's no difference than loot boxes or day 1 DLC. It's purposely choosing not to make the highest quality product because they want to make more money.

It's the same as mark Zuckerberg giving 1,000 to charity and saying "he's doing his best, he's giving as much as he can afford" when that's not the case, it's just a ruse.

Attached: 1559798339893.jpg (280x280, 15K)

Gen 3 had the writing on the walls with the utter garbage maps and noticeable decline in pokemon design quality, coupled with the games' complete lack of systems improvement over G/S/C. If you didn't get out then, I feel bad for you.

yikes I bet you expected a whole bunch of 'based' replies to your wall

>deliberately future-proof models for continued usage in future generations
>don't use them anyway
Sure thing buddy, bet you also defend creating walking/running cycles that they literally never used

Attached: 1509924323215.png (637x723, 620K)

There have been many Pokémon games already where it was initially impossible “to catch (own) em all” it always gets retconned after months of release

In Masuda's Yacht

>Corporate apologist
>Uses Red Shirt guy
This is some sort of blasphemy, I'm sure.

Did you forget about Raid Battles against Dynapokemon? Those are in the *wild area*

During those raids one lucky player gets to dynamax too

to jew more literally

due new gamefreak's policy in newer games only a bunch of pokemon are gonna be selected according to the region's themathic

so if you wanna get a specific non galar pokemon you're forced to buy the new game.

Waifu design

pfahaha OH NO NO NO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: 1560349699921.jpg (1478x1844, 913K)

The excuse is they want to select only pokemon that fit the theme and setting of the region.
The real reason is obviously they're too fucking lazy to add animations and make new textures for 800 pokemon.

they literally said they rushed they game and people are still buying it. I want to commit suicide

Thank god charizard was lucky enough to be thematically appropriate again!

I recall that pretty much every mainline Pokemon game, especially now with tools like the Pokemon bank, had the desire to collect in mind. They also used this to their advantage to sell alternative versions of the game to make more money, but it was there through trading at least.

You messed up OP, you were supposed to post an ebin Wojak edit of Pokemon Trainer crying and being dabbed on by a smiling yellow guy.

>calling yourself based
unbased newfag retard

>clearly hates threads like that
>brings it up for no reason
What is your problem user?

Gtfo snoyboy

raid battles in the wild are are not in a gym and have dynamaxed mons, you idiot. unless they just decide to ban rotom from using it there, its a fake leak.

There was only one and that was S/M with the bank integration two months after release.

Pretty based ngl

The best part is that GF has shown blundering incompetence since Gen 1-2.

(some slack will be given to gen 1 due to that being their first venture)
m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_glitches_in_Generation_I

Because it's a thinly-veiled bait thread for people who want to shitpost about Nintendo, wojaks or not.

POKEMON GO to your own board faggots.

This is different. Non-Galar Dex pokémon are quite literally not programmed into the game. And Game Freak don't do content updates.

user...

>bait thread
How is it bait? They game looks like it had no budget and OP asks where is the damn budget.

since when the fuck is animal crossing an rpg??
its a fucking simulator. meanwhile pokemon is supposed to be an rpg. idiot.

That one is fake as sin, check the date, is some guy pretending.

JESUS CHRIST

This.
People like to talk but most of them don't know shit.

You're probably gonna reply to your own post and try to damage control

Attached: 1455842406789.gif (200x200, 53K)

Nobody was talking about pokemon in that reply chain, they're talking about Town.

Where is yours?

Why posting the fake one?

Attached: Sword and shield.png (1873x936, 151K)

are pokefags really this fucking autistic

Oh no, what will we do without ALL 800 unique and expressive pokemon. Just imagine a pokemon game without this beauty in it, truly terrible

Attached: 1200px-647Keldeo.png (1200x1200, 642K)

>gen 3
I can forgive one misstep, especially since gen 4 and 5 turned out so good.
Everything since gen 6 has been irredeemable trash, though.

heh

>most of which look fucking retarded

Because Pokémon like voltorb, muk, magnemite, etc were the pinnacle of design.

Yeah they were, your point being?

People rightfully made fun of the ice cream/trash bag/gear Pokemon and Masuda went full retard.

Then again I think Rhyperior getting memed on started breaking him

>animal crossing
>RPG
>garbage
Is this the single worst post in the entire history of Yea Forums/nel? I'm pretty fucking sure it is.

Just look at the quality of games and then the sales of those games.

Fuck off with this pasta, Unovabortion.

>being a corporate apologist while posting the diablo guy

Gen 5 shitters are the only thing equal to how terrible the modern 3D Pokemon games are.

>Animal Crossing
>adventuring
>finding new shit
That's literally the opposite of what AC is. You are stuck in a town or island and you explore everything within a week. Then it's just repetitive collecting items and talking to NPCs. It would be like if Pokemon was just one town and all you did was grind....oh wait. Oh GOD! They're turning Pokemon into Animal Crossing!

Attached: 1426746440328.jpg (125x125, 5K)

user, you need to learn to read. Running errands in your tiny shithole of a town is the object there, and that is exactly what AC is.

>HAVE YOU EVER MADE A GAME?

>le "you have to make games yourself to be able to criticise them" meme

Can we have some more Pokemon gifs? Have to expand my collection.

Attached: 1560343441406.gif (294x235, 2.35M)

>oh noes my fucking electro rat is missing
>what will I do
Masuda heard you, Sword and Shield will be perfect for KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo retards.

You had me with you until you revealed you’re just a genwunner.
Fuck off, the games have been suffering from so many balancing and gameplay issues for so long. But all those go untouched because nostalgia-goggled faggots like you can’t get over Charizard

I only ever play with mons I can find in the region anyway desu so if this means they'll be better balanced I'm for it

You need to learn how to read. The guy said adventuring and exploring. Doing repetitive errands in the same place is not adventuring or exploring.