NOTE THE DIFFERENCE

NOTE THE DIFFERENCE.

Attached: Fighters Pass.jpg (1280x1112, 300K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GoQ0r3WkdVk
youtube.com/watch?v=ub46uT3VN1c
smashbros.com/ja_JP/fighter/72.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stevey stevey cope and seethey, get better material.

NOTE THE DIFFERENCE
> Relevant character from active franchise
> Relevant character from active franchise
> Irrelevant character from dead franchise
Banjo didn't deserve to be in, baffling this cereal shitter got in over someone like Bomberman

>I DIDN'T WANT THOSE NOBODY ELSE SHOULD WANT THEM REEEE REEE REEEE

They were all good picks and there is no point being upset about it

the real redpill

I wanted Joker.

Assists are locked in as assists. It fucking sucks, but it's how it is. Assists are out until the next game in 6-10 years.

Rosterfags aren't people

>implying rosterfags are people

>>praising the addition of Banjo
>fuck off stevefag
???

>jRPG protagonist
>jRPG protagonist
>Platformer cartoon mascot protagonist

So... how about something music for a change?

>anime trash
>anime trash
>gay bear
what the fuck is wrong with Smashfags?

DQ rep has been my most wanted character in smash for many years
I dont like banjo or his games

You know what character I want to get into the game?
Better netcode.
BAZINGA BAZINGA BAZINGA

How is wanting a DQ rep, "shilling?"

He’s falseflagging to cause in-fighting between characters who are already in.

It’s not, they just don’t understand how important DQ is to Japan’s gaming scene and history.

Change it for
>furfags cried for it
And it will be accurate

Only Joker felt like a wasted slot. Dragon Quest has a rich history, unlike Persona (a literal spin-off series)

Wtf is Joker shilling? A PS4 game? Don't say Scramble, that game has none of it's exclusive content in Smash and they aren't gonna advertise a Musou game. The DQ Hero wouldn't be a shill character either if they made Erdrick the default over Luminary.

I get Hero and I get Banjo, but Joker is still a baffling addition.

>Bomberman
>not irrelevant character from a dead franchise

The last good Bomberman game came out more than a decade ago.

When I 1st read that, I interpreted DQ as Dairy Queen instead of Dragon Quest. What would a Dairy Queen rep be?

Attached: DQ_dotcom_about_us_01.png (448x300, 323K)

This. I'm surprised DQ characters wasn't the first few sword character they chose over Fire Emblem at the time of Melee.

While I'm happy to finally get Banjo, I will not be getting the Fighter's Pass. Fighter's Pass basically means you'll get a fighter for free, but with two annoying animu swordsmen already on the DLC roster, I wouldn't benefit from that. So I'll simply buy those chars I end up liking seperately.

And the last good Banjo almost two. Don't pull that shit.

R sold millions and Bombergirl is doing well in Jpaan retard, Bomber isn't going anywhere

The lips

>dragon quest characters
>shill
wrong niggy, nips wanted DQ in more than anything ever

Attached: 1558407764292.png (400x449, 220K)

Dragonquest is a half shill character but at least his games are on the fucking system unlike Joker.

Keyword was GOOD. Bomberman R was fucking trash that made me regret pirating it.

Yeah, the Fighters Pass as a whole isn't looking that great. You'd think we'd get more variety and brand new playstyles, but we're seemingly stuck with characters that still don't differ much from what we actually have in the game.

>ANOTHER GENERIC ANIME DUDE WITH A SWORD
Holy shit Nintendo come the fuck on.

Attached: 1559245302918.jpg (283x283, 8K)

who can we steal from playstation thats worth stealing at this point?

crash? his games are kind of mediocre

2b? she could just be a 1 hit wonder.. and we already have a sexy sleek girl in naughty black atire.

kratos?.. lol imagine wanting a movie game character

>Joker: Shill
Yep
>The Hero: Shill
You are an uncultured plebian who deserves to die
>Banjo: Character people actually wanted
you are a fucking idiot.
Banjo Kazooie sold 3.5 million, Tooie sold about 1.5.
Let's assume that no one who bought Kazooie bought Tooie and there are 5 million unique Banjo fans in the world, somehow.
Dragon Quest 3 sold 6.5 million units.
Dragon Quest IX sold 5 million.
Dragon Quest XI sold 4 million, and that one came out only last year on PS4 and PC and is coming out again on Switch this year.
Dragon Quest is not only more popular in the past than Banjo ever was, but it actually has a future meaning adding The Hero will be more relevant to people going forward than Banjo is

He technically represents Megami Tensei which is from 1987, one year after the first Dragon Quest in 1986. They are both amongst the first and most influential RPGs. Even if you don't count him representing Megami Tensei, Persona startsd in 1996 and has really made it's mark on the RPG genre. I think that's enough rich history for a representative to be in.

>EVERYTHING THAT ISNT UGLE WESTERN REALISM IS ANIME

Kill yourself

I just wonder how the fuck did they get the rights from square, seriously i wonder if they'll just get the cloud treatment

Attached: 1550362946137.jpg (220x217, 6K)

Number of good Banjo games: 0
Number of good Bomberman games: more than 0

At least they bothered to give Joker his persona and those dudes from Dragon Quest get their little RPG menu. But fighting Joker with persona was already an annoying affair and I'm pretty sure the DQ characters are gonna feel gimmicky and annoying to fight against too. Fighting them is already a burden, I surely wouldn't enjoy fighting as them either. I have no clue why Sakurai thinks having so many generic animu swordsmen is great, considering sword are already annoying due to their disconnected hitbox, and then also add dumb, annoying mechanics to it like a come back mechanic, just so the thousands of 10yos who play these characters stand any chance. At least Banjo looks great! Maybe a bit spammy with two projectiles, but that's still better than Young Link, who ironically is also an animue swordsman.

I hate bringing up argumentum ad populum but If banjo is so bad during the era where its main competitors are Mario 64, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, why are there people who likes it?

Not on Nintendo. Nintendo has what? 2 Persona spinoffs?

>what is emulation?
>what are re-releases?
>what is an entire fucking generation of zoomers that watch other people play banjo games and then also want Banjo in smash?

Not saying the latest group are good people by any means, but there are a lot of people that wanted Banjo in smash, it showed in polls. Dragon quest isn't that big a deal in the West so any support for including a character from it would be nips or weebs, combined with corporate shilling.

Number of Smash games Banjo is playable in: 1
Number of Smash games Bomberman is playable in: less than one

it's literally drawn by the DBZ guy, it cannot get more anime than that you fucking retarded nigger

Furfags have no standards.

lol, DQ might be the most important single game series out there. It's the oldest RPG series that is still alive and it is the series the most responsible for making rpgs as popular as they are now. It's also one of the most popular video game series in Japan.

meanwhile banjo is a literal meme character from a dead collectathon series with only 2 games. 90% of the people only know about him and want him because they heard about the games from the epic youtubers like Jontron, not because they ever gave a fuck about the games themselves.

Smashfags are uncultured swine that don't play video games

you implying that Toriyama's artstyle is the same or even remotely close to Xenoblade's or Fire Emblem's is the problem you low iq brainlet

Emulation, sure.
Re-releases, sure. But that's fairly flimsy backing for a slot for a potentially far more popular franchise.
Here's the truth of Banjo and Hero: they were fan-service, just like joker.
Hero is Fan-service for Japan and the East, Banjo is fan-service for the West (more specifically, North America). Joker is fan-service for both.
That's what literally every single Smash Ultimate Newcomer is, it's all fan-service (with the exception of Incineroar, he's probably the mandatory pokemon newcomer)

yeah it is you faggot weeb

Can someone explain to me the hype around Banjo as someone who didn't grow up with his games?

It's literally a generic anime swordsman.
Tell me I'm wrong.

Even if we have furfags back then, Coco was a
miles better waifu material than Kazooie...

I wanted Joker
well maybe not Joker so much as an SMT rep but he's as close as we can get and I'll take any kind of SMT representation at this point

Just go and play it: the game still holds up and it's full of charm, still very worth to be played today.
Add nostalgia and it being an icon in the N64 era and there you go.

Holy shit how long are you faggots gonna seethe about characters already confirmed for the game? lol

Attached: 0Q51B2J.png (512x512, 144K)

>One of, if not THE most beloved franchise in Japan
>shill
Smashfags are the same everywhere I guess.
On a different note, Banjo and Kazooie are the first 100% western franchise characters, that's kinda nice.

dont worry hee user we hee will get a new SMT soon ho

Furfags are mostly gay people, I know at least one IRL that becomes a fan of anything that has a character resembling a male figure, they have no standards.

fuck you I wanted Dragon Quest representation, and having the heroes from XI, IV, and VIII along with Erdrick is really cool and unexpected

Who says there's not gonna be a new Banjo & Kazooie game?

Thinking about it, having one western character and a set of very Japanese characters in one announcement is pretty neat.

literal memes

it's a fucking collectathon series
hell, it's hardly even a series, only 2 games and a shitty cart game

DQ is a legendary series and it deserve a spot in smash where legendary clash against each other.

Eat shit amerilards furries lover.

Music rights would have been a big issue at the time I'm guessing.

this
DQ has huge relevancy in video game history
Banjo is just another dead cereal mascot from the hundreds out there

>anime swordsman literally just named "the hero"
jesus what a piece of shit lmao

OP is unironically correct in this instance
>Luminary as the default
>The crossover logo at the end of the trailer is specifically for the new game
It's the same thing with Persona 5, albeit even more egregious in the case because there's almost no content from either SMT or the rest of the Persona series.

Dude look through the different series in the franchise of Megami Tensei and see how many were released on famicom, super famicom, gameboy color, DS, 3DS. I would even count Jack Bros on Virtual Boy. I really consider Joker as being a rep for Megami Tensei in general. They put him in over a straight SMT rep because SMT is pretty irrelevant here, which is unfortunate. I would consider him a rep and I think more people will get into Persona and then subsequently into SMT from him being in. It's great PR for the series.

>Shill pick, recent blowout game of a decently niche series.
>Japanese pick of one of the biggest ongoing series for them
>Western pick, of a series that hasn't gotten a game in 11 years, and one people cared about for about 17.

How can Joker even be a shill? The game he's from isn't coming to Switch. It's just pushing people away from the platform.

I, and quite a few people, wanted Joker, plenty of people all across Japan wanted the Hero, and I and many western fans wanted Banjo.
OP is dumb.

>this is your mind of rosterfaggotry

Attached: 1560310114591.gif (248x240, 777K)

Snash has always had an advertising point after the first one, see Marth, Pit, Robin, redesigns etc.

>ARRRRRG NOT ANOTHER ANIME SWORDMAN!
>btw I wanted Chrono an anime swordman who is also drawn by toriyama lol

Switch isn't directly competing with PS4. so yes, Joker is present to shill P5R. Most people that own a switch own another console.

AHAHAHA
cope harder

DQ might just be ultra popular in Japan but people who had Nintendo consols had the games too you know?

I played the entire trilogy on the DS and absolutely loved the games. They got the DQ IV and V hero in, those two are my favorite. You can bet I will main IV's hero once he drops

>stevefags desperately trying to false-flag as supporters of other characters
You’re dead. Die.

>I DON'T LIKE THE CHARACTER SO I THINK IT'S SHILLING

The Joker isn't even that. It's just that Atlus hasn't done shit with SMTV for the Switch yet. Like the lazy bums they are, so they just threw this guy as their rep since he's still fresh in people's minds.

play or dont. no one else cares.

I wanted Joker, and tons of people did as well.
Probably most of Japan wanted the Hero.
Tons of people in the west wanted Banjo.
They're all good choices.

Joker maybe, but you're fucking retarded if you think Dragon Quest isn't a landmark within Japanese videogame history.

Take your dumbass whiteboi mentality and leave.

>Joker for the zoomers
>DQ for Japan boomers
>Banjo for western boomers
Nintendo is doing a good job pandering to everyone.

Persona is also more popular than mainline SMT.

i care you LITTLE man

I wouldn't be shocked if this is how they had to get Cloud back.

Everyone would think it was a Rocky Horror Rep though.

I like all 3

Dragon quest on the switch is gonna sell at least a couple million. The people who buy that game are gonna want him. Joker is the one who makes no sense, since there's no switch game.

>Banjo is a character that people wanted
Sure, I did and so did a lot of people on Yea Forums but if you watch any youtuber or streamer reactions you will notice that those people don´t even know what a fucking jiggy is.

You know who's next

Attached: kame....png (229x303, 142K)

There's a dude I know that is fucking mad at how most people here don't care that much about DQ just because the series had influence in japan lmao

>Marth redesign
Based on the OVA.
>Robin
You mean adding feet, like they have in the full-budget cutscenes, CG art, and everything BUT model in Awakening?

Also Sakurai is a massive P5 fanboy

God, I've been wanting him since the Brawl days. Please let him get in. They could just borrow his move set from UMVC3 and call it a day. I'd be perfectly fine with searching for evidence mid-battle.

You mean Banjo-Kazzoie? The music was one of the greatest parts and having Grant Kirkhope work on music again for the game is great. How about Rayman? Is that musical enough?

>watch Japanese streamers' reactions
>they go bonkers when they see the jiggy bouncing across the room
Stevebros... I thought Japan didn't like Banjo...

Its not pushing away anyone. Switch does not compete with the other consoles. Literally no one owns just a switch.

>DQ
>unwanted

rosterfags are pathetic. Same type of retard who unironically thinks Porky and Geno deserve to be in just them and their 12 other friends on the internet think so

Not just one, there's 4 of them in one slot

Only a handful of noisy, retarded Banjodrones wanted the dead gay bear.

It's literally people that is in denial that banjo literally was the star of the direct even in japan, was in japan polls as requested character and got a better reception than DQ in overall. No one cares if your series was the original god of this universe.

Farewell Steve fags

Attached: 129164935445065.jpg (1024x768, 180K)

We have enough Capcom.

Pick someone else.
Like a girl.

>think Joker was a horrible pick and a sign of terrible shit to come
>actually pretty pleased with The Hero and Banjo-Kazooie

I think the fourth fighter should be Doomguy and the fifth should be something out of left field. I don't know what would shock people at this point.

Attached: 1556894116905.png (304x403, 60K)

I do

Attached: 87898944565.jpg (1277x725, 390K)

The only moves Joker has that are even in a non-Persona MT game are Tetrakarn and Makarakarn
They went out of they way to exclude MT as a whole as much as they possibly could

Charming and fun, the world is vibrant and well crafted.
Basically an old 3D platformer not unlike Mario 64 where you move between areas and are tasked to find things within those areas. The game establishes a set of simple rules early on and lets you lokose onto the world with them, and for most of the game you're not really "told" what to do so the sense of exploration and benefits reaped from finding all the things is increased.

Honestly though, I'm in the camp that thinks the game hasn't aged well because controls and visuals are VERY important for these kinds of games. That's why I'd recommend YookaLaylee over banjo these days, even though Rare obviously knew what they were doing more back then and the tone of the games are pretty different, the technological advancements have done a LOT for the genre and even I find it hard to go back and play older 3D platformers after playing newer ones.

I hope the popularity boost from Smash makes Microsoft/Rare to do a proper Banjo Threeie.

Attached: il_794xN.1007878851_by3t.jpg (794x794, 53K)

>Banjo-Kazooie was trending worldwide for like 12 hours after the trailer dropped
Okay buddy, whatever helps you cope.

Iwata

>muh twitter bubble

I have no idea why no one is commenting about the chances that we will get a character from polls, I mean they have been pretty consistent with showing them so far. Also notice how Banjo was so well desired in japan as well, no idea how people forgot that.

Attached: alEJimK.png (868x768, 691K)

>WAAAAAH WHY ARE THERE ANIME CHARACTERS IN THIS ANIME GAME WAAAAH ANIME SWORDSMAN ABLOOBLOO
if you want western trash play pic related

Attached: PlayStationAllStars.jpg (220x254, 26K)

I will be upset if we don't get a BK remastered collection after this

Gatornigger is a shill for Donkey Kong. Ni one else cares about him but retards

Nostaliga faggots should KYS asap. No one gives two shits or knows about some faggot gator from 1935 when your parents weren't divorced.

Literally should have never got in smash. Bayonetta got in because she was relevant and a recent game release, not some literal who green shit.

>inb4 muh rob muh pacman muh duck hunt
Icon characters of different eras or mascot characters. No one gives two shits about literal who the gator

Attached: 1450915714633 (1).png (1500x1500, 1.64M)

i could not care less what smash gets, as long a new character is added i'm happy

>literally yet another generic anime swordsman with a generic down-B counter and nothing unique about it

>people want another generic swordsman over shit like bandana waddledee, layton, banjo, shantae, rayman or geno
wtf bros

also
>more people want phoenix than layton
fuck off phoenix is already in another fighting game, IT'S HIS TURN

>what is an entire fucking generation of zoomers that watch other people play banjo games and then also want Banjo in smash?

No-one "plays Banjo games" besides very, very small niche of speedrunners and maybe some guy streamed it once.

Zoomers want Banjo for the same reason they wanted Ridley or K. Rool. And the same reason they want Geno. Because people have been asking for them for so long it's become a meme, and so the meme became self-perpetuating.

>DQ getting a slot instead of the one true JRPG lord himself

awful

Attached: 1347919818645.jpg (575x750, 236K)

Well, Sakurai no longer has an excuse to dodge Isaac for the future.

Best of luck, Isaacbros.

Attached: smuggest ridley.png (1200x1200, 817K)

A single Dragon Quest entry has sold more than Banjo ever has and ever will.
Dragon Quest is not allowed to come out on weekdays in Japan, due to so many people calling off whenever it releases. Play more Video Games, you disgusting secondary

Attached: 1560280213057.jpg (3392x2050, 1009K)

DQ deserves it. It's a boomer franchise. Fuck Joker and "fuck" Persona, too. Boring over the top weeb garbage.

Is this just one autist in every thread sperging that bomberman isn’t in? I wish he was playable, but Banjo is a better addition.

king k rool is based as fuck, both in his character design & gameplay design

Goku's an anime character, dude.

I am sorry, who are you?

DQ is something only Japan wants and the games are dull as dirt repetition. Japan likes that though.

Cope, Stevefag.

DBZ is normalfag approved, it's not the same as other weebshit that gets mocked.

Waluigi and Ashley will stay as assists forever
i just don't care anymore, at least there are plenty other characters i like

Attached: top 10 saddest anime deaths.png (500x396, 203K)

Jokes on your shit taste I wanted all 3.

>actually good character from a relevant franchise
>asset swap generic marth clone garbage
>cerealbox mascot that only boomers pretend to care about
ftfy, I unironically wish steve got added so you fags would seethe.

sword fighters are the laziest shits ever, there is absolutely nothing interesting about them and they all play the same

>Japanese made game from a Japanese based company with tons of Japanese made IPs
>Wtf wow they got something that only Japan likes fuck them

there are still 2 slots

The mere sight of a sword being enough to send smashfags into a commotion is hilarious.

>fat
>green
>putrid face
>based character design
Kys

Banjo was wanted both in west and east and when we get them people pretend to be surprised that he was the only character in the dlc that got a overwhelming positive response.

to be fair, smashing isn't the primary function of swords

>Banjo was wanted both in west and east
source?

so did Sakurai , he loved Persona 5

the entire world has shit taste, this is fucking awful

Cotton candy Blizzard

I’m still pissed they didn’t add more fucking music
Then again Samurai said No to Noctis and probably pissed them off

Did BK even have a JPN release?

Doomguy should be in Smash

Attached: 1556647928007.jpg (125x122, 3K)

Retard

>His Down B literally fucking kills himself and you

Yes, I saw Japanese copies of Kazooie and Tooie at a convention once.

Actually true.
No one care about Banjo, at least in my country.

as retarded as it is i would like to see it

Attached: cacodemon pc1.png (466x492, 137K)

Yeah, both Kazooie and Tooie were released in Japan. The Japanese abbreviate it to BanKazu - if you look at videos of Japanese fan reacting, they'll start shouting BanKazu.

cope mii costume

Phoenix wright please

smash should be banned

i enjoy all of them. they are definitely good pics.
remember DQ is big in japan retard

shut the fuck up faggot

i see OP is a faggot.

>they were fan-service
in a game about fanservice? SHOCKER!

Nearly every fucking SMT on the face of earth are on Nintendo consoles; the fuck are you on

Seeing this post now, you arent completely wrong.

literally no one wanted joker. and the DQ would've been a good addition if the fire emblem characters didn't exist.

>

>banjo
>dead
UMM, NO! You have to wait at least 20 years for a game to be considered dead, swwetums!

Attached: 397.jpg (680x1671, 1.15M)

i swear to god if we don't get a Tales Of rep i'm going to kill bears

Basically no one wanted DQ here and I dont think FE characters would have changed that.

an ashleyfag or an falseflagging miicostumefag
either way pic related

Attached: laugh at you.jpg (984x720, 65K)

Another character from a jrpg?

I found it hilarious how Banjo uses Kazooie by slaming her into the ground.

Banjo represents relationship with microsoft more than anything

DQ was a series I never really could get into. The battle system has always been so basic and I feel like it never really evolved. That being said, I still recognize the significance it holds in that it has been on Nintendo systems since the beginning, is beloved by many, and is the other major SE IP. With FF getting in, it only makes sense to bring in representation from DQ as well as the series has rivaled FF for some time now. I probably won't play Hero much and I doubt it will inspire me to try the DQ series again but I'm happy to see it in regardless. It's a series that definitely earned that slot.

Bandana waddle dee will be so anti-hype it's not even funny

You can pick any character across all gaming universes and you pick waddle dee

Attached: 1559570989652.png (1080x1020, 475K)

Im still baffled as to why people thought that steve would fucking get in the game. Just because minecraft is on the switch?

>character I'm glad got in
>character I'm extremely glad got in
>character I don't care about
Yeah, I see the difference, we got two good picks and one bad, what's your point?

>all good picks
Yeah Smash really needed another generic anime swordsman.

cope

some leaker said it would happen

play the fucking game retard and stop complaining about it

>shill
>shill
>character memelords online wanted in because they wanted to feel like they had some control over anything in their life and desperately wanted to be a part of an in-group.

Attached: 1510702373019 2.png (500x381, 325K)

Literal NPCs. Bandwagoners. These people are sheep. They can't think for themselves. They were just trying to fit it. Fucking bugmen.

Well that'd make a lot of fans happy to have all the main JRPGs together - FF, SMT, now Dragon Quest

Tales Of really is the last one missing

holy projection

I'll let you in on a little secret since you're new here
there's literally not a single person ever who thought steve was going to be in smash

I have nothing I need to cope with, I'm not a retarded banjocuck that continues to cry over the fighters pass even after getting Banjo.

>Interesting choice
>Father of all RPG's in the planet
>twitter pick

All good picks excited to see who the last 2 are

But did you also note the difference that Banjo is a western pick, Joker is a western pick too surprisingly and then Hero is an eastern pick.

I agree with you but I still wish it was someone else regardless for that spot. People need to understand that the series having importance in japan doesn't mean it needs to be the same here and that you are supposed to just blindly embrace it. There are people till this day that is mad at characters like sonic being in the game

I couldn't give a fuck about any of these characters but at least DQ is a series that makes sense to be in Smash.

>Muh charm
The voice effects are annoying as fuck and the writing isn't remotely as funny as it thinks it is. One of the least charming platformers of ita generation. Still a solid collectathon though and holds up well in spite of that.

But what if your post is a falseflag too? I mean this thread itself is obviously a falseflag.

>saying the b word
what a fucking niggerfaggot

twitter may be shit but it is far from a bubble. It's something that nearly everyone with an internet connection uses in some capacity. It's also a public platform that allows anyone with a twitter account to comment on and retweet anyone else's tweets unless it's a private account or you've been specifically blocked by that user. It may be a garbage platform but it's still a pretty solid metric for what people are talking about.

poorly coded multiplayer
zimbabwe

Guy who's been leaking stuff accurately enough says there's Minecraft content planned. Note how he never actually did say a fighter specifically, or even Steve, he just said content. Being the well thinking and level headed people that they are, rosterfags immediately jumped to conclusions that it's OBVIOUSLY Steve as a fighter.

Attached: 1544344337317.jpg (366x351, 28K)

It's less about significance to Japan and more about significance to Nintendo. DQ is a series that helped make Nintendo what it is today and became an icon of several of their systems, particularly the NES where it all started.

Then we have Banjo who is once of the N64's biggest icons and was requested by fans both in Japan AND the west.

I still don't get why people are still so pissed about Sonic though. I'll admit that I hate him in Smash because it's his modern design and he's fucking obnoxious to fight but again, he holds quite a bit of significance to Nintendo. He was the mascot of Nintendo's biggest rival back in the day and since Sega closed the doors on their console department, that rivalry with Nintendo has become a friendship. It's pretty fitting to give that rivalry turned friendship representation in Smash by allowing the mascots of both companies to duke it out in a game about friendly competition.

You Americans arn't the entire world you know.

fucking Samurai

Half of those characters got turned into spirits and assist trophies so it's obvious that Sakurai doesn't give a shit.

Banjo is a literal who in Japan

And the Heroes are literal whos in the west.
Do you get why they were revealed together yet?

So where's the complilation of posters saying Banjo can't or won't happen? I seem to remember a lot of posters saying stuff like
>he's a western-owned character and that hasn't been in Smash before so it will never happen
>his series isn't relevant so he can't be in smash, simon and rool got in due to relevant series not their legacy

Attached: 1527292375149.jpg (1290x1186, 278K)

He showed their situation I mean. Isaac got a trophy and geno is like a 5 stars or something spirit

Also it is nintendo who is picking them now right

Gatornigger is a literal who EVERYWHRRE

Miifag here, please don't associate us with shit like this.
Anyone getting in is a plus, both ones already here and whoever'll come in the next 2 packs.
Best of luck to everyone, and sorry to anyone who got Costume'd.

Attached: AB623103-1124-4C15-AB60-9D8DFF0CE236.jpg (680x900, 75K)

Bomberman is a fucking nobody. He's even less relevant than Mr. Game and Watch was when he debuted in Smash. Why the fuck would Bomberman ever even be considered?

...By ranking well in polls held there?

it's not for you. Just play Playstation Allstars with the 12 other fans.

Stop trying to pretend you're from Japan.

DQ xi is about 100x as good as anything banjo has ever touched.

Why is this board full of zoomer retards who were three when they played the n64 now?

The last two are Bandana Dee and Shantae

>trying to make a music/rythem character with smash's lag problem
would probably have sakurai kill himself out of frustration.

cope
he's unique

are you retarded kid? banjo is an iconic, beloved character that is infinitely recognizable. joker and swordfag are literally anime shills that hardly anyone gives a fuck about anymore.

commit suicide as quickly as possible.

Newsflash, lots of video game characters use swords and lots of games are made in Japan.

Nice bait retard

More people enjoyed Dragon Quest this decade than Banjo Kazooie

Japan wanted The Hero, Joker is popular both in the west and east, and Banjo is popular in the west. It works all around.

The Japanese are people too grandma.

>he's unique
link's upsmash
link's dash attack
roy's b-air
link's shield
robin's specials

People wanted the other DQ heroes. Do they still fall under shill?

Holy fuck you people are still mad about a fucking cartoon bear being in a video game.

Attached: 1560004760790.gif (480x358, 3.26M)

>mfw i didn't even know the dragon quest hero was added until just now

OP, Dragon Quest is the most popular franchise in Japan. A main hero from the game being added as a character makes total sense. Keep Japan in mind.

I was one of those, but in my defense, there is a rather clear difference between a base roster inclusion and a paid DLC inclusion, so I assumed Banjo would get passed up for other options more relevant to the modern younger audience, as well as audiences who wouldn't already own a Switch. But part of my does suspect this could possibly be a stealth marketing step to build awareness for the brand if Microsoft's got something in mind for the bear and bird, likely on Project Scarlett.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not upset he's in after all, I was just thinking about it in a more realistic fashion. I'm honestly really happy to be wrong about this.

Attached: 1520444619946.png (330x290, 90K)

>Dude what if Shiek Zero Suit and Marth were the same character
>Dude what if Marth Link and Robin were the same character
>Banjo

Whatever I'll take it, but so far I'm super glad I didn't buy the fighter's pass.

Attached: 1406567122256.jpg (960x960, 37K)

If relevancy is needed to be in smash then why are ice climbers, rob, captain falcon, and G&W in smash

pretty sure they meant adding them at all senpai

Yeah, but also take into consideration, does anywhere else in the world care about your country

I like Joker and always wanted a DQ rep though I wanted 5 or 6 instead of 11,3,4 and 8. I don't get why 4 too. Never played banjo so I don't care about him.

no one on 'v' will play it

Captain Falcon still got games when he got included, F-Zero X wasn't even a year old at that point

Western normies just don't know that a still highly important japanese franchise in a japanese game from japan is something they think is good and not minecraft garbage that has no history or meaning.

4 was probably chosen because it's a Japanese favorite. Probably every pic was because of this.

DQ8 and 9 sold over 1 mil in the US
No idea about 11

>hating on dragon quest

kill yourself OP

I thought you faggots said you'd stop posting shit like this when he gets confirmed.

Are there any more requested characters? I think we got most of them.

Nintendo gave Sakurai a list of characters they could probably get and told him to pick however many

Huh always thought it was 3 or 5. Damn it 6 got shafted

>m-marth clone! they all play the same
Newsflash dumbass, that doesn't only apply to swordies and it's always been that way

That and The Hero has the most varied moveset in all of Smash and you'd have to have a brain the size of a molecule to think he's anything like some Link/FE clone

Attached: 1560350932435.png (447x697, 67K)

Joker's not a shill, because his games are never coming to Switch.

Almost all the really frequently spammed requests from over the years are in now
All that's really left is more oddball picks like Doomguy or Travis or obscure never been localized NES game protags

Doomguy, Waluigi, Adeleine, Porky, probably some other recent guys I don't know about.

>Joker and Hero have very specific mechanics with a unique display for them that resembles their games and sort of clashes with the rest of the characters making them look "different"
>Banjo has nothing that differentiates him from the other character making him a perfect fit that should have been in smash for a while now.

Yeah yeah. When's Crash tho?

I dont care for any of those, and im glad i didn't purchase the pack.
But to give my opinion, the bear is the worst of the 3 by far.

>Characters from a series that has no future are rarely chosen
>Rarely
Heh

Anti-Joker fags still SEETHING.

youtube.com/watch?v=GoQ0r3WkdVk

Attached: bowie feeling it.jpg (201x251, 9K)

wouldn't it be based if geno got the same trailer as king k. rool and banjo lads? It'd only be fitting for another fan favourite unlike all the other shill picks in this polls.

>mfw Persona 5S is just a retelling of Persona 5 with just useless side story tacked on to it just so they can say they technically ported Persona 5 to Switch

Attached: 1560037805149.gif (500x340, 768K)

>generic anime humans need to rely on gimmicks to feel unique, and even then Joker's gimmick ends up the same as Cloud's
>Banjo-Kazooie's moveset and personalities can speak for themselves, don't need gimmicks to be unique

Nostalgia and brand recognition.

Dragon Quest has been with Nintendo since the NES. If Castlevania and Megaman deserve a spot for legacy then so does Dragon Quest. And they've had a presence on more than one Nintendo console. Unless Banjo "fans" are going to pretend they knew about the GBA games now. The only stupid one here is Joker.

Same. I've played games obsessively my entire life and didn't give a shit about these 3 series even when they came out. At least Sakurai's saving me money on DLC. Plant was based, though

The GBA game was alright.

dumb fuck nostalgiafags
I dropped the first game half way, never picked up the second

Why is everyone always trying to stir up shitflinging? Is it falsefalgging to get people to always hate each other or do people just want to hate each other? Joker, Hero, and Banjo all got in, so it's not like they're in any different position to each other.

who /lagnus/ here

Attached: lagnus.png (304x436, 45K)

Dragon Quest isn't a shill pick, in fact that shit was in higher demand than Banjo in Japan. If it was JUST the Luminary it would be a bit of a shill move, but they even put the main character from DQ4, the one not all that many people give a flying fuck about

based, I agree 100%

>character i like
>character i like
>character i like
im happy

Attached: simon happy.jpg (244x244, 12K)

based

I'm both a Dragon Quest fan and a B&K fan. I am very happy.

based and Nephilim pilled

>character from most popular JRPG of the decade
>literally who
>a character that people actually wanted

Attached: 5cb712a923b5a020d00cc493-750-422.jpg (750x422, 50K)

Are these recolours official? I was hoping for 3 & 4 protags (female).

Attached: 1560268592937.png (1104x850, 1.1M)

Smash 4’s DLC:
>Veterans everyone wanted back
>The grandfather of fighting games
>The most iconic character from the second most iconic RPG, right behind Pokemom
>1 advertisement character
>Character who won the official ballot, excluding dumb meme answers
>No one has gimmicks
Smash Ultimate’s DLC so far:
>Generic enemy who essentially was in the based roster (I actually like her desu)
>A shill pick for a game that isn’t even on the switch
>A shill pick for an up coming game on the switch
>The only character anyone asked for so far
>Everyone is besides plant has a gimmick (Stands, Magic Attacks, and limited ammo)
Why are people excited for the last 2 DLC characters? I’m glad I didn’t buy the fighters pass like a brainwashed consumerist.

It's just upset stevefags. They're cringe fags IRL
youtube.com/watch?v=ub46uT3VN1c

>wanting female representation in video games
have sex and/or dilate

Banjo fags are the most obnoxious fans in the world shitting on everyone in the fighter pass that isn't their fan pick. You guys don't deserve your pick.

Yes, they're from the offical website, just ripped.
smashbros.com/ja_JP/fighter/72.html

If you click him, it goes through them all.

>Everyone seems to forget that "Hero" is the only character in the series to put people to sleep, to freeze people, to go into a metal state so he takes no knockback, to throw fireballs and charge them up, have wind gusts for a recovery, and be able to do a kamikaze all in one moveset

Why do they all look so bland and forgettable? Only the last one is cool because he has a cutlass and looks like a pirate.

Oh, and almost forgot
>Joker steals tons of moves from veteran fighters
>The Hero steals plenty of moves from veteran fighters
>Banjo&Kazooie steal a bunch of moves from Duck Hunt, Megaman, and even Ganondorf

>bland and forgettable
Just like the series tbqh. I've tried to play 5 different DQ games and the only one I enjoyed enough to power through was fucking Torneko

stop giving characters counters

counters shouldn't be kill moves

I think conker will take a slot

Attached: 1423614569877.jpg (320x290, 15K)

This

People wanted slime in japan and even then it wasnt even over banjo in polls

Just give me anything from valve
Scout, Gordon, chell fuck I'll even take medic

Why do you guys get so fucking mad when a character isn't tailored to your interests?
If you just dont enjoy Dragon Quest then whatever but if you're calling the inclusion of Eight and Solo a shill pick you're head is way too far up your ass.

He's not even a down b counter swordsman, his playstyle revolves around a spell menu and mp meter.

His metal form is basically Joker's Rebel Guard counter.

>Why are you guys so mad when a character you don't like from a series you don't like or have any interest gets in?

None of the new additions in Ultimate have been from games I like, I'm just disappointed

It probably takes mana over-time or something
Atleast that metal form doesn't contribute to a bar that lets you become like 50x stronger

>complain about swords being samey
>when everything else is just variations of punching and kicking

Ah I get it. The implication is that japs aren't people.

People have been talking about Edrick for a while now, but yeah the DQXI hero looks kinda gay, he shouldn't be the default hero. And you're right nobody wanted or cares about Joker. He is also just a shittier fire emblem character. Waste of a slot.

DQ is far more important a franchise than almost anything in the roster

Cool. Still don't care.

>only relevant because of puff puff
>character we get isn't puff puff
unacceptable

Then don't buy it
The games got like 80 characters not everything is gonna have as universal an acclaim as King K Rool and Inkling. I don't give a shit at all about Isaac or Geno but if they get in I'll just shrug and move on.

Not saying you gotta like them, but what the hell is with the shitposting campaigns every single Smash character gets?

That is like saying Pacman is a fucking nobody.

Stop blaming Nintendo for putting anime swordsmen in the game. Blame the nips for having shit taste (even though DQ reps don’t even bother me)

How can it be this important when basically no one knew what it is outside of Erdrick memes?

Yea Forums doesn't know video games.

It's not Dragon Quests fault Smash fans don't play videogames or know jack shit about games outside Nintendo's bubble

>microsoft owned character
>not shill

lmao

Banjo belongs on a children cereal boxart

I wanted all of these, cry moar faggot

I'm going to make my own smash brothers with Reimu, Shantae, and Ashley. For now I'll have to content myself with nuZelda and Isabelle, but I wish there were more cute characters from franchises I like

I'd believe you, but not even Persona loving subhumans wanted Joker.

Perhaps not joker but theres no other realistic atlus rep we could have gotten. No one would have given a shit if it was Jack Frost

should've been a party pack like the DQ here

Joker was a nice surprise IMO