Halo

Why do boomers love the Halo: CE armor so much?

Attached: 1560209358359m.jpg (1024x1023, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

halopedia.org/Halo:_Shadow_of_Intent
youtube.com/watch?v=JVKP89UNBQQ
waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/xwqjg3/the-complete-untold-history-of-halo-an-oral-history
youtu.be/tIN_nl5BBlQ
halo.bungie.net/projects/halo/asset_thumb_viewer.aspx?at=51&cc=25
youtube.com/watch?v=M6nZPrMSu0w
youtube.com/watch?v=NpOVKbM7vlA
video.twimg.com/tweet_video/D8u2IHLXkAAOfmy.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's nice and bulky.

Because when it comes to armor simple, is more often than not, better.

It has sick pouches for Chief's munchies too.

Looks good except the belt and dick protector

The patrician's choice is ODST armor

I always liked the visor shadow from the top of the helmet even though it was just painted onto the model

Yeah, I'm thinking he's back.

Attached: Pelican Rock.webm (1138x640, 855K)

for some reason everytime 343i or bungie tried to make a hd version of it they fucked it up

Since the space exploration genre is getting popular in games, will Infinite feature it?

>boomers
>loving halo at all

What's the bottom right from? Kind of looks like Anniversary but also looks different.

because it looks like a human tank

It's the forbidden fruit, an armor that can only exist in a low poly environment

It's a toy model of Halo CE Master Chief. Looks 100% better than what 343 gave us in CEA

because it looks like space armor and not luggage full of knives and glass

its thicc

Attached: Awakening.jpg (1024x904, 550K)

Because its fucking pimp

kino

Why are zoomers incapable of understanding what makes something iconic?

Attached: MarkV_Still_01.jpg (768x1024, 79K)

Simple, instantly recognisable, iconic, not overdesigned bullshit like pic related

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

>It's gotta have a million little details that blend into one another and have zero color because colors are for faggots, and this zero color means there's no contrast between light and dark so the stupid amounts of detail we added get lost even further into the blackness
This is why the Halo 4/5 suit is fucking garbage. Feels like it was designed by 18-year-olds who have no clue how the human brain functions on recognising patterns and shapes.

Attached: Halo 5 v Halo Infinite.jpg (1167x880, 580K)

what's the deal with hexagons

Because it perfectly embodies what Spartans + Mjolnir armor is supposed to be: Cutting edge, sleek future armor that's built like a fucking tank.

It's a shame that we only get to see the armor in 1 game. I definitely think MK. V is aesthetically the best version. Sucks that in canon, it's only used for a year

Attached: master-chief_halo_gallery_5c4be465538a4.jpg (400x600, 60K)

IT'S PHWOOCHERISTIC!!!!

yeah 4/5 suit is a mess

Halo came out in 2001. A literal 30 year old boomer could have easily played it when he was 12.

>that reflection on his helmet
goddamn, one day I'll be this skilled.

>A literal 30 year old boomer
I hate that this became a thing

It was literally one guy forcing it as hard as he could across all the boards simultaneously until he managed to insert it into the vernacular.

It cheers me up I'm not that guy.

its funny that the MCs 4/5 suit looks like such dogshit because some of the other Spartans looks fine

But 30 year olds are millenials, stop it.

Because it's a simple, straightforward design that's bulky but also sleek looking at the same time. The recent 343 suits have been such a hodgepodge of design ideas that bleed into each other resulting in an over-designed mess.

I've recently got back into digital drawing and just getting clean looking line work is a fucking achievement to me. Shit like this blows my mind.

For me it's Mark IV

Attached: holawars.jpg (980x490, 235K)

Because it looks like a fully armoured Doom guy

Perfect armor design, prove me wrong.

I'm still mad they ruined the tone of ODST with the flashbacks

Attached: rookie.png (701x1280, 590K)

you should be mad they made the rookie go out like a bitch

Looks like motocross gear.

I'm just starting out and yeah, it's hell lmao, but comparing your work and seeing the drastic leaps in progress is pretty damn rewarding. Still a long ass way to draw the things I've in mind but we'll make it, man.

Attached: doods.png (430x223, 54K)

Anything post-Bungie never happened, user

"hard surface modeling"
"greebling"
"artistic license"

To be fair the artists don't have a future supersoldier of earth suit to model directly out of but they always go overboard with future weapons and shit, it's insane they're allowed to go all out like they do with no engineering oversight.

Because the Mk. V armor wasn't overdesigned shit.

Sperg elsewhere, boomer.

t. Boomer

Frankie said that they redesigned everything in Halo 4 because it didn't look sci-fi enough.

Maybe one day I'll finally figure out how to draw decent looking hands.

Attached: 1547850186530.gif (309x313, 3.64M)

Well Frankie is a colossal faggot that left Bungie because nobody liked him, and he also browses and actively posts on ResetEra so that should give you an idea of his mindset.

as someone who has been practicing reflective surfaces(coloring and lighting in general) the idea doesn't seem that hard to understand, i can almost see the goal post. KEEP PRACTICINg

Wait... I don't no how sci fi shit works, but if Chief has enough strength to rock the Pelican, and I can only assume that Pelican is just floating in Space by the ring, wouldn't the laws of gravity cause the Pelican to start spinning? Or does the fact that the gravity is artificial have some sort of effect?

>boomers
Fuck Off. I was a teenager when the first Halo came out and that shit was normie as fuck, it's the CoD of my generation and only faggots liked that shit.

It actually has webbing for all the ammo MC carries.

Attached: 20190611_185827.jpg (516x945, 278K)

The ship's auto-pilot would account for any drift and unwanted inertia by counter-balancing with light taps of the thrusters.

A good example would be if you've ever played Space Engineers. Anything impacting your ship with the dampeners on would be counteracted by the thrusters pushing in the opposite direction until you were moving at 0/ms again.

Artificial gravity in space is usually created with the centrifugal force of spinning, yes, but sci-fi settings usually have an artificial gravity generator that operates loosely on this principle or via handwave.

In the case of this trailer, you're thinking too hard about it. There's not a scientific explanation for it but that's fine, the shaking is kino

Attached: MC king.jpg (1751x585, 416K)

I dont know if I can agree, some of the spartans in Halo 5 look even worse than Chief. That's not even getting into multiplayer where the "unlockables" are hideous.

Halo 5 armour looks like it's slipping off because they ordered the wrong size at HQ

>Most expressive helmet
>Most simple lines, looks advanced yet practical

Halo CE had the best art design in the series

That's not Halo 5's armor. This is.

Attached: MCGPLhS.jpg (2292x1080, 266K)

one thing that will always bother me is why they fucking made his visor orange in halo 4

A E S T H E T I C

Attached: 1550710142261.gif (203x244, 1.1M)

>Infurates spics
What are you talking about hombre? El Jefe is taking us back home

Attached: 1560137734793.jpg (530x528, 41K)

Well I'm barely getting out of the "drawing stick figures" phase so it's pretty mind-blowing to me.

>Infuriates spics just by existing
I don't get this one, was they 4/5 suit particularly liked in south america?

Attached: 1560168881804.png (836x863, 91K)

>
>343 art style

Attached: intothetrash.gif (250x175, 2.92M)

It's pretty much the same thing but they shifted the green contrast. It still suffers from a major case of "more detail = better" when that's almost never the case. More detail starts to delve into Chinese/Korean MMO territory where everything blends together and it's impossible to make out everything that's been crammed into such a small space.

This, i'm always amazed how people either don't notice or choose the ignore that Master Chief armor is just a more "futuristic" version of Doomguy's

>executive producer Dan Schneider

Attached: 1455662404484.gif (271x223, 659K)

The Halo General has noticed that a bizarre amount of Mexicans/Spaniards have come forth complaining about the Infinite suit changing the 4/5 design.

I'm old enough to have pre-ordered Halo for PC at Electronics Boutique long before the Xbox came out.

The Xbox version that we actually got was total garbage compared to what Bungie promised. Literally the original dumbed-down-for-console game.

Attached: bob.jpg (230x312, 16K)

>Infuriates spics
Bruh, Halo is huge in Latam

That was liked because of the poncho, they like the new one too

and he's still free to lick underage toes and impregnate tweens

The halo forums and twitter and shit have tons of spics getting butthurt about the armor change
See above. Also that guy is based as fuck. The fact that I like him more than any character in 4/5 with only like 3 minutes of screentime is hilarious. The only likeable character from 4 was Lasky and they destroyed him in 5, the only likeable characters even associated with 5 were the Season 1 cast of Hunt The Truth

There a bizarre amount of Spaniards that enjoy Xbox to be honest. I'm sure there's plenty that are on Playstation as well but it seems like Xbox is more prominent in spanish countries for some odd reason.

>Xbox is more prominent in spanish countries for some odd reason.
The OG and the 360 were ridiculously easy to hack and pirate games with.

I can't help but wonder how he got him into the pelican.

The only thing I hate about it are the retarded looking shoes with that completely exposed ankle.

Not as huge as Gears, but yeah. Spics love Gears to the point where Gears 4 is still the number one played xbone game in there years later. Probably because the spanish dub is so good even I can tell how good it is with my limited grasp of the language.

I hope Arby doesn't get shafted, I want to see him and Chief team up again, also they need to bring Rtas Vadum, Shipmater and glasser of Africa.

Attached: uploads_addons_kokbv7ixfygyb5bqqeygofkvuiw7iyrn.jpg (512x512, 199K)

Which color you guys picking?

Attached: IMG_20190611_102150.png (640x862, 849K)

Look at those calves lol

It's three main reasons. Alot of Xboxes are made in Mexico, the spanish dubs for most of their series are great to the point where they are pretty much the only games I know of to have both LATAM and Euro spanish dubs seperate, and Xbox actually succeeded with the early push by pricing Xbox alot cheaper than competitors in the region. If I remember right a PS4 costs a fucking fortune in places like Mexico and Brazil, but an Xbox is pretty cheap.

YELLOW BOIS WW@?

>Rtas Vadum, Shipmater and glasser of Africa.
whats he been doing since halo 3

Attached: default.png (484x960, 708K)

Always rock red or black with red secondary for maximum edge

Far left second row starting from the top. I’m a sucker for deep blue.

I've become such a memeing fuck that I see Donut when I look at it

>No Salmon

HalfJaw got killed I think.

Where my orange niggas at?

Attached: 1536183570102.png (469x493, 231K)

Purple
Why did the textures look so much better in ce?

Attached: hce_005-fa1f6da68ce14abdb632c5d5a249e299.jpg (1920x1080, 390K)

teal

its a thing because 30-somethings ACT like boomers. They fucking love talking about people a generation younger like they're a completely different breed.

Dark blue or white, like I always do.

Attached: Caboose.png (862x554, 1.08M)

>even an alien species hates blacks

Attached: 1492639499120.jpg (387x387, 45K)

purple

steel with teal secondary.

Less actual armour and more of the gross rubber bondage gear

There's a book about him recently by the Joe Staten who wrote H2 and ODST. It's bretty good actually.

Hopefully fucking not.
In a book? a comic? 343 are so fucking bad at making new and managing old characters

Attached: it's treason then.gif (320x256, 3.25M)

To be fair though, unless you remember a time when arcades were serious gaming venues, 2D consoles stocked the shelves, and PC games actually requires some decent DOS knowledge to get running, you really are a different breed.

a l l b l a c k

>The fact that I like him more than any character in 4/5
I have seen the same thing being said in a lot ofLatam Halo groups on facebook because of some friends those make a big bulk of the fanbase in Latam countries, they like the new armor and everything. Weird to see some complaining.

the 'shiny' surfaces are heavily cubemapped so they have a kinda interesting almost iridescent look to them. hides a lot of the low-resness of them.

Naw, that's guys memeing/not remembering right. Last we saw of him he's going around hunting down prophets and glassing their asses.

30 year olds are not boomers.

I wish they could darken the green a bit.

Attached: IMG_20190611_103316.jpg (640x817, 62K)

Does chief actually bang Linda? If so, based

I hate how it looks here.

Looks so much better with CE graphics

He regularly had foursomes with Halsey, Kelly and Linda

t. Zoomer faggot

I'd like the golden-olive luster he had in the reveal trailer.

Attached: halo-e3-2006.jpg (665x419, 46K)

Teal is kino as fuck

lolno. The augmentations fucked up their hormones so they don't even get horny. Cheif is the only case of an actual volcel

Nigga, shut the fuck up!
Look at the Chief

idk wtf u just said but left is better

Theres magnetic pouches and internal compartments in MkIV and V. The rest of gen I does seem to have a lot more pouches though

Attached: Mk IV.png (472x599, 303K)

Crysis 2 gets a lot of props from me for having power armor that a military age human could actually fit in. Master Chief has rather skinny legs. He must look like a very lanky person outside of the suit. Space Marine armor has issue with fitting the space marines inside them. Space Marines outside of their armor are shown to be so beefy that their armor must be millimetres thick. On the other hand, Samus Aran in her zero suit is way too small to fit in her power suit.

Attached: UltramarinesWarrior2.JPG.jpg (759x821, 96K)

It suppresses their libido nothing more than that

Nice someone made it

Shut up retard

I'm a boomer and I like the recent armor more. It's a little michael bay-ish but it also looks more like something out of combat and less like something out of an action figure set. Could've used a bit more color but not the slime looking shit in the originals.

I missed those chapters in Fall of Reach

the visor in that trailer had real time reflections too. i fucking hope with infinite they finally re-add that shit.

You can see shit in the trailer in his visor.

>doesn't give a fuck about clipping
Holy shit, what a set up and pay off.

Attached: 1560195142409.gif (264x242, 2.87M)

The one on the right hardly has more detail the the left. The only differences are the base armor patterning and the differentiating colors on the plates.

what about them

>The augmentations fucked up their hormones so they don't even get horny
>The way every Spartan II, especially Linda, Kelly, Fred, and Kurt, all thirst for Chief
Doubt.png

>They fucking love talking about people a generation younger like they're a completely different breed.
I mean, they are.

Get over it faggot.

Attached: 1557251009795.jpg (184x176, 8K)

This. I'm 33 and I've always hated Halo and consider it inferior console shit. Now Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament, those were real shooters. *sips*

link or sauce?

Attached: 1523916549856.jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

Cian with red or bright pink

halopedia.org/Halo:_Shadow_of_Intent

I either do All back Or Teal/green

>that reflective almost incandescent shimmer
>that visible layering in the dark spots and joints
>that slight purple undertone
>SLOPED armor
>that unsettling visor reflection

This is the best iteration of the Chief's armor, hands down.

Attached: Peak chief.png (1919x810, 1.54M)

To be fair the loss of sexdrive is only stated as a possible side effect of all those augmentations, so probably only certain spartans are affected by it.

Attached: 1555563287538m.jpg (1024x684, 102K)

CE: Ready to fight
2: Tacticool
3: Just point me to the enemy
4: Uhhh....doeeeh, look at dah pretty lights
5: I'm here to fuck Cortana
Infinite: Rip and Tear

Attached: infinite-chief-armor.jpg (696x392, 31K)

>not wanting to protect your dick
Shut up tranny. Just because you don't want your dick doesn't mean I can't protect mine. Plus a grav hammer to the balls is a double kill.

CE and the later games all have different feels, I've always seen Halo CE as more of a party game and stick to Reach or 3 online.
5 wasn't awful, definitely better than 4, and it did what it wanted to do well, but I just couldn't get into it. 343 isn't terrible as a company from what I've seen, they're just horribly fucking misguided for some reason.

I like all Chiefs

Attached: IMG_20190611_103330.jpg (2048x2048, 614K)

I just want to see what the female armour looks like, If chief is this much of a fucking unit, they better be Thicc af

Additionally, since when has not being in the mood ever stopped any of us from having a wank just for the stress relief?

I still remember when they tried not giving Chief a cod piece

Attached: 1A02FD9E-413D-4AF6-A123-2BE9AC0C063A.jpg (300x250, 31K)

>The one on the right hardly has more detail the the left.
Yes? That's good, that was his whole point.

>The only differences are the base armor patterning and the differentiating colors on the plates.
Not really.

Attached: 20190508_160602.jpg (1440x1719, 1.19M)

Thoughts on Halo CEA?

>3's Mjolnir never looked this good
>4 and 5 looked good enough to look like this trailer's Mjolnir but the armor design was changed
>6 looks better than this trailer's but they're going back to the classic look.
As much as I love the Infinite look, I always wanted this trailer's specific looking armor in at least 1 halo game and never got it. There's something about it that makes me go, THAT'S Halo, THAT'S Master Chief, THAT'S Xbox, all captured in 1 shot of armor.

it's kino

50/50 for me.

The butchered the Mark V
I'll never forgive them

Randall-037
>Get left behind after you fall out a Pelican, ONI labels you a lost asset
>Local Survivors recover you
>Make a new life in the broken colony, get married, have a kid
>Contact with the UNSC eventually gets re-established and ONI finds out you lived
>Send someone to tell you to suit back up but tell them to fuck off because "Muh Kid"
>Try to assassinate you a half dozen times before finally tapping out and just washing you out the program
>Become a colonel in the local militia
Spartan II sex drive chad

Attached: 1384319186374.png (883x1172, 314K)

Why do Halo 3 babies say that Halo should have ended at 3, despite it ending on a cliffhanger?

Halo was every 7 year olds dream come true

Aliens and guns were hot back then

Does anyone still have that one video comparing the design philosophies of Bungie when they were making 1-Reach and 343 when they fucked up 4 and 5? I remember it talking about how Bungie kept things simple and fun while 343 tried to make shit too complicated and wanted to "humanize" the Chief.

The updated armor looks fucking disgusting.

It looks bulbous and weird and it lost it's shimmery coat.

Attached: 1447831882499.png (1189x716, 1.12M)

>H2A is a Boy
>Infinite is a Man
Fucking love roided chief, they better not fuck up the campaign like 5.

Attached: 1559345337414.jpg (220x220, 17K)

Attached: 1556882781924.jpg (600x445, 11K)

Frankie is nothing but a glorified PR person and a faggot, I wouldn't take his word at face value.

Why are his arms so short on top image?

which Cortana would you rather fuck and why

Attached: 1528158001784.jpg (1920x1107, 435K)

nice choice user, look at how fucking clean that top far right red is, my mouth is watering just looking at it

im thinking halo's back bros

Floating past a planet doesn't mean Chief should have been brought back. His story should have ended with 3. In fact that was the plan, as 343i initially planned for the Rookie to become the new main character, but that was shot down by Microsoft who didn't believe the series could be carried by any other character besides Chief.

Tiny arms, tiny hands rob liefeld looking chief

Does that include Bungie themselves with Destiny?

Basically a blue naked mommygf

>In fact that was the plan, as 343i initially planned for the Rookie to become the new main character, but that was shot down by Microsoft who didn't believe the series could be carried by any other character besides Chief.

No it wasn't. Halo 4 was in development since 2009.

4, saggy tits and child bearing hips are primo

Lost the nice reflection and looks gay

The right one looks like actual armor. The left looks like someone duct taped a buncha pieces of metal onto a hexagonal zentai suit.

>Halo 4 was in development since 2009.
And that does what to discredit that the Chief wasn't meant to be the protag considering he was floating in space in 2007 and ODST was released in 2009?

Because the remodel sucks.

Rob Liefeld Chief

>Does anyone still have that one video comparing the design philosophies of Bungie when they were making 1-Reach and 343 when they fucked up 4 and 5? I remember it talking about how Bungie kept things simple and fun while 343 tried to make shit too complicated and wanted to "humanize" the Chief.

Did you know that the original plan for the Halo 2 multiplayer wasn't even what we ended up with, they wanted to do a Halo 5 Warzone like mode?

Max Hoberman had to argue to get the normal multiplayer mode in. Bungie didn't really take it seriously though, they all nicknamed Max's version of multiplayer "party game".

Max Hoberman was the lead Multiplayer designer on Halo 2 and Halo 3. Max Hoberman is MVP of H2 multiplayer. He and his team designed the whole thing in the crunch time of h2 release like map dual wielding, design and all that stuff. (Although, he left Bungie 9 months before shipping). He is the head of Certain Affinity, a studio that did map packs for Halo 2, 3, Reach, 4 and the maps for Halo 2: Anniversary's multiplayer. They also co-created Halowaypoint with 343i.

Max and his team kept working on the multiplayer while everything else fell apart. The people working on Warzone ended up getting nowhere so Bungie decided by dump it and make Max's multiplayer mode the main multiplayer.

Basically, the only reason the multiplayer turned out fine was because Max and his team kept on working while the rest of the studio was in a crisis.

youtube.com/watch?v=JVKP89UNBQQ

It's funny because Bungie originally hated The Fall of Reach and ODSTs because they weren't the ones to come up idea but later on they ended up making games about both of them.

waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/xwqjg3/the-complete-untold-history-of-halo-an-oral-history

I want H4 Cortana to sit on my face

Attached: 6fymln1v0yh11.jpg (1080x1080, 119K)

CE Armor will always be Mom and Dad's gift for their son

Attached: 56194272_321460055209141_4559645616940127505_n.jpg (640x640, 110K)

>Shimmery Coat
Early war accessories when they were still trying to style on the covies

>and the maps for Halo 2: Anniversary's multiplayer.
Which would explain why the remakes of the Halo 2 maps were fucking God tier. The redo-redo-redo of Blood Gulch was the first time the map didn't suck fucking ass, because now there's actually enough cover for people on-foot.

Why's he wearing his pants at ass level like some ghetto nigger?

halo 2 was so close to being an absolute disaster of a shitshow.

Bungie almost got TFoR cancelled prior to the release of CE, it was only when MS stepped in that an extended universe was able to be built up. Bungie is fucking retarded sometimes and doesn't get enough flak for it

>Bungie is fucking retarded sometimes and doesn't get enough flak for it
This, just take a look at Bungie now with what's happened with Destiny.

4 because i don't even need to elaborate.

Halo 2 Cortana
She got the curves but it looks full body and the hair is nice
No rampant crazy eyes like she wants to own you

Because it is a walking Xbox and Duke controller armor.

>boomer
Fuck of with that forced meme

SHIGGY

Attached: 1553795298464.gif (382x678, 1.57M)

I met a cool homeless guy and we went on an adventure in Amsterdam, join us:

youtu.be/tIN_nl5BBlQ

Attached: 31613974-6E95-40E4-A332-B256AD7CED5E.jpg (1304x996, 275K)

It's just a bad angle.

Attached: cea chief comp.png (488x413, 328K)

what the fuck is 343's problem

I like the helmet

I found a sad face

Attached: sad frog.png (1189x716, 1.12M)

Boomers don't like halo because it was shit

White. I want people to see me coming.

2, tight teenager body. Perky tits.

>have to myspace-angle the armor because it's so shit
>OG still looks better

I want the master chief to fuck me so bad bros

T.

Attached: 1552482383191.jpg (273x356, 26K)

It looks fucking awful

Too bad his dick doesn't work, sad.

There was always one there as you can see on the right thats a constipation sad face.

Attached: Cryosleep after shits.png (1189x716, 1.25M)

I see through your tricks, blue wench

Attached: cortdog.jpg (885x1100, 251K)

It works perfectly fine you should ask kelly

4 all the way. Shame there's no porn using that model though.

Attached: 1559067354885.gif (190x200, 1.16M)

>I-It's just a bad angle
What is this, Instagram?

>t.dick biter

t. Halsey

daily reminder that hating popular things does not make you interesting

No he didn't you nigger

I like the Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo Infinite suits.

4 literally has the perfect female body

Attached: 1557428330693.gif (358x340, 2.84M)

2>1>3>4
any other order is gay

You're right, but Halo was always shit to anyone but consolefags. Deal with it.

CEA's designs were mostly garbage. At least they listened for 2A.

Attached: .png (3264x2448, 2.98M)

>he doesn't protect his dick
oh shit nigger what are you doing

>What is this, Instagram?
No, it's focal lenght.

Attached: 004-Focal_Length_Comparison-1024x545.jpg (1024x545, 82K)

Cuz it's simple

Halo Reach designs were the best tho

Bungie wanted to end Chief's story with 3. Microsoft pushed them into making new titles afterwards.

Attached: Conclusion.png (2000x505, 1.93M)

Why do zoomers always expose and embarass themselves by showing they don't know the first Halo was on PC?

Based and ODSTpilled

Bungie was always contractually obligated to make 5 titles, and they made it an impossibility for Chief's story to end with 3 with that legendary ending

>but Halo was always shit to anyone but consolefags
>consolefags
2011 babby detected. Go back to pcmasterrace faggot.

The Halo 4 and 5 suits are the reason I hate the Fusion Suit from Metroid Fusion so much, glad Infinite fixed Chief hope Metroid 5 does the same to Samus.

Because it has a cool dirt biker look to it. Also we are millennials, not baby-boomers, you dumbass.

>nightfall shit
doesn't exist

Take a physics course, please. You aren't using the correct terms for your question.

He looks Spanish, not Hispanic.

anaranjado

He actually looks and sounds middle eastern.

Imagine being as mad as that guy simply for sometime pointing out that baby boomers and millennials are two very different generations and forcing a meme that hard.

Ni it doesnt counter strike was the king back in the day only retarded people play Shooter on consoles

I want to awaken Naomi's sex drive.
Gosh darn I want to see the female spartan 2's in Infinite's new oldstyle

Attached: Naomimarkvii.jpg (660x940, 173K)

Yeah, i hate how bulbous the visor is, like the later added Security Helmet.
Halo 5's Mark V - D is pure kino, but Halo Wars' Mark 4 is the best in the setting imo.

Attached: jerome.jpg (1919x817, 161K)

Chief's just a sexy ass mother fucker.

5 is my waifu

God damn, Chief has a huge dick, no wonder ladies like him.

So it's not just me right, Master Chief is wearing his Mark 6 armor from Halo 2 and 3 in the Halo Infinite trailer?

3, obviously. That's before they gave her a relative butter face. All four have smoking bodies.

No, it's new armor

>In fact that was the plan, as 343i initially planned for the Rookie to become the new main character, but that was shot down by Microsoft who didn't believe the series could be carried by any other character besides Chief
No, it wasn't, whether Bungie or 343 did it, Chief was always supposed to come back, Marcus Lehto made that point clear.

Sorry user, female Spartans have no interest unless your height starts with 8.

Attached: 1557867085773.png (388x413, 5K)

>sometimes
You mean all the time, Microsoft or guys within Bungie always have to step in and shut the stupid people up.

if its any consolation when halo 3 gets on pc we'd probably be able to recreate the trailer armor. all the textures are still in the games files.

She probably could rip your dick of with har vaginal muscles if she wanted to.

>old armor
>stranded on space around broken Halo
I'm confused. Is this new game supposed to be set during Halo: First Strike?

Only Elites and Brutes are over 8 feet tall.

>Chief was always supposed to come back, Marcus Lehto made that point clear.

Why did they make Reach then?

After Halo 5, set in 2561.

Halo Infinite is considered a soft-reboot. It will respect the events of Halo 4 and 5, but besides Cortana it's not going to pay attention to fucking any of it. They want the game to be an easy entry point for new players.

This

Just the way I like em', can rip me in half but is gentle

*condescending yort yort noises*

its set in atleast 2561 so a few years after halo 5. its doing the wise thing and forgetting anything after halo 3 happened for the most part.

Most, not all.

The trailer has already showcased how far the Created Rebellion has gone with Chief's suit having "AI intrusion countermeasures", we're going to see a continuation of most story threads. Infinite is not a soft reboot, it's a spiritual reboot that focuses more on methods of storytelling and design and less on retconning or ignoring anything

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the last game leave off on the largest cliffhanger of the series? The plan is to have a Halo 6 with actually decent gameplay to wrap up the story, right?

They didn't want to make a new story that ended on a cliff hanger when they were leaving.

How biologically old is Cheif now? He must be in his fifties.

It's a brand new model but yeah, it's clearly inspired by H2/3.

I need proof.
I'm a spic and I hate the spartan armor in 4 and 5

>Halo Infinite is considered a soft-reboot
You're so full of shit. They've clearly stated multiple times it's continuing from 5.
Just google it yourself. In one of the 343i Livestreams, Grimbrotherone himself said it's a continuation.

Attached: .png (3474x2016, 2.1M)

Probably still in his early to mid 30s while his age is probably in his 50s, Chief won't age for eons.

Yes user, yes they are.

Attached: 51965436_p6_master1200.jpg (500x602, 206K)

chronologically he's 50 in 2561 but because of cryosleep and slipspace time fuckery he's probably mid forties biologically.

Knowing 343, Cortana is either dying or becoming a good girl during the first few missions

>They want the game to be an easy entry point for new players.
I'm all for ignoring the abomination that was 4 and 5, but you can't really ignore 1-3. The state of the galaxy is because of 1-3

This is the best armor by far. Everything else seems basic / bland / low quality. God forbid futuristic armor looks halfway decent.

Attached: H4-MasterChief-Renders.jpg (2080x1370, 1.17M)

You can continue main plot threads without going into detail about those threads. They've also stated it's considered a good entry point for new players, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Close to 50. He was born in 2511, but he's spent at least 5 years in cryogenic sleep (4 years between Halo 3/4, and several month-long trips in games and other media)
So he's at most 45 (biologically) in 2561.

Age doesn't matter. In one of the field manuals, they stated that Spartans can function on the field for more than a century.

Attached: .jpg (2700x1519, 978K)

>leave off on the largest cliffhanger of the series?
Not really, Halo 2 and HW2 were bigger. H5's felt more like "okay, what are they gonna do now?".

>The plan is to have a Halo 6 with actually decent gameplay to wrap up the story, right?
Nope, they dropped the "new trilogy" thing years ago. Halo will keep going for as long as it keep making money.

Spartans only start to age from 100 or so

>that armor
>halfway decent

That's some Warframe shit, bro.

>You will never be a Spartan and tame a fem Elite with your dick
What do you mean humans aren't compatible? I'LL MAKE IT COMPATIBLE

>God forbid futuristic armor looks halfway decent.
Your right, which is why they scrapped that horrendous looking garbage that fell into the pitfall of every generic sci-fi trope imaginable.

>This is the best armor by far
>Halo 4
This is how i know you're mexican.

So crazy how heavy they are in their armor but at the same time able to be fast and agile then most things. Also crazy to think that Chief and the Spartans were created to kill regular people.

I like it a lot but the undersuit is too bright, it looks better when the armour and the undersuit contrast.
I'd like to see this model of armour done in the Halo Infinite style.

>Wanting to fuck a female elite
>Not wanting to be a strong warrior chad that can fuck whomever

Attached: .png (2346x1746, 2.84M)

As a designer, I gotta say your point about contrast cant be stressed enough. The Halo 4/5 look followed contemporary trends in sci-fi aesthetics which has made it largely forgettable. The basic principals (contrast, leading lines, and visual balance) were given less importance because the art directors likely wanted (or were highly encouraged) to show off the increased texturing/detailing their game engine could render on an in game model. Unfortunately, this resulted in a noisy look with no clearly discernible shapes or recognizable forms. A stronger design, like the halo 2/3/infinite ones, implement sections of clean empty space to give our eyes a "break" that ultimately assist with encoding the visuals input we see. It's the same reason we have spaces between words and punctuation emphasis in writing.

That said, all elements of design can be tossed out the window when there is a strong enough emotional connection to the material. Boomers/Millennials who played the older games might have fond memories distorting their interpretations and Zoomers likely have fond memories of non-halo media with the modern sci-fi looks. Logic rarely wins over emotion in people, especially when it comes to interpretation.

TL;DR Halo 4/5 design is objectively weaker than 1/2/3/Infinite. It doesn't matter though because "muh nostalgia" blinds everyone

Attached: YearsStartComingAndTheyDontStopComing.png (644x203, 6K)

It's like a Metroid Fusion tard trying to defend a shit design over the better more iconic design.

Fucking diaperfags

Go to /hg/ they post about it

Stay cucked lmao

Attached: 1403748677.methados_jojo_halo.jpg (874x1280, 369K)

I'd rather be the Spartan gf with a big strong Sangheili lover

Attached: 51965436_p15_master1200.jpg (500x391, 182K)

Stop being gay bro

Attached: 1554846589432.jpg (191x190, 10K)

>orange visor
>hexagons are FUTURISTIC
>body suit with plates stuck on instead of a cohesive suit
nah cunt

Have good taste, fag.

Attached: .png (1840x1878, 1.96M)

Elites lay eggs so that's gonna be a yikes from me

>>Wanting to fuck a female elite
Yeah that's what I said. I was extremely clear with my intentions

Attached: 1535148341966.gif (220x206, 313K)

>The new design for the Master Chief is, by far, the highest fidelity we have ever created to leverage the power of next generation platforms, but with a design that is Master Chief to the core and takes inspiration from the past, with color and texture and detail unavailable to us till now. This same attention to our design for the Chief is true of everything in Halo Infinite.
Will classic gameplay return?

>Femur and pelvis shatter as milks you to the last drop

Halo is the biggest betrayal ever.

I remember looking at pc gaming magazines in the early months of 2000. There was Halo shown on PC and what new amazing tech it had. Endless previews in all those magazines. Then M$ came and bought it and it was Xbox only. Fuck yourself.

Gonna need a sauce for that.

Even Fusionfags know that the OG suit is better
4/5fags are just delusional

>nipple lines light up when she gets excited
what did they mean by this

>You will never go and kill Brutes with your Sanghili bro
Why are we still here?

He looks like a twink here instead of 230 pound 7 foot chad

>not liking the Marathon armor

Attached: halo09w1_security-olive_photo_02_dp.jpg (600x900, 56K)

halo 2 parties all the time in high school, graduated high school in 2007. I still have my copy and it still has the dont sell before november 2004 sticker on it.

>4/5fags are just delusional
They really are it looks like he's wearing a toilet. Also, I hope Samus's Power Suit design returns in Metroid 5.

What was Halo 4 like? I stopped playing after Reach.

Because it's simple and striking.

Spartan armor didn't used to be anything special. Spartan was a type of unit in the RTS game that Bungie was developing way back when, that just turned into Halo.

Someone who had a knack for simple and striking designs pretty much made extremely iconic armor, and did it on the fidelity of a unit that no one expected to see outside of a top-down view.

Every attempt to 'improve' it has just made it worse because no one seems to get why people liked that armor design in the first place.

Disgusting

Quick time events the Campaign and the worst Multiplayer experience ever

Campaign was decent but nothing to write home about.

>Played a lot like Reach, except with an acceptable framerate.
>Cortana is eyecandy.
>Story doesn't make much sense if you're not a lorefag and you didn't watch the Forward Unto Dawn movie
>Legendary ending shows chief's eyes.

That's another thing about Infinite, campaign is going back to how it was in Halo 1-3 especially Halo 1 and 3.

Attached: Halo Infinite will play like Halo 1-3 in campaign.png (1402x581, 147K)

Anyone have that image of H5 Cortana doing a face mixed with that L.A Noire guy?

Plus the Mk.4-6 actually looked like power armor. Halo 4-5's didn't even look like power armor. Let alone armor in general

I never figured out why people thought the textured pattern on the all-black parts of his armor was supposed to look good.
Crysis did the same thing, and its armor design is one of the least memorable things about it.

Attached: 57928_NanoBrochure_final_small_8.png (1654x1165, 1.07M)

As a designer, what made Halo CE's design so special?

Attached: Warthog_Comparisons.jpg (1920x1500, 354K)

5 is the only one that looks like power armor, 6 was always too skinny

A member of 343 joined a bunch of CE servers to engage with the community. A specific server had a member threaten the employee with physical harm because they felt 343 wasn't taking CE seriously enough. The moderation team actively resisted doing anything about it, and even attempted to justify it a bit. So, that 343 member has since left a bunch of CE servers because of that terrible interaction and likely fear for his safety

What's wrong with Halo fans?

That's true. Chief looks like he went on a diet when you go from CE to 2

Soul.

>namefag

Your gayness holds no power here, Vien.
Anons know fem Sangheili are where its at

Attached: 1466462671878.jpg (368x381, 53K)

I mean, they did butcher the Mk. V
I wouldn't threaten someones family and safety because of it, but I still hold it against them

I've always liked the Mark VI better.
The helmet has a nicer shape to it and I've always thought the muscle cuirass was a good fit thematically.

Attached: Halo3MC.png (820x1640, 915K)

>boomers
>knowing what video games are

They have the same issues as Metroid fans.

Contrast.
>rough and simple geometric shapes with earthy tones for UNSC
>organic curves in shiny blues, pinks, and purples for Covenant
>oppressive looming grey architecture for Forerunner
it just works

Very average, it doesn't have bad or good levels.

>Anons know fem Sangheili are where its at
Damn straight

Attached: 1528755717359.jpg (2060x1815, 327K)

Why were Halo CE's designs better than Halo 4's?

halo.bungie.net/projects/halo/asset_thumb_viewer.aspx?at=51&cc=25

Attached: sketch_025.jpg (800x600, 180K)

Swat and slayer is going to be cancer on PC

>jojo
reminds me more of this

Attached: c2f.jpg (680x510, 66K)

>Swat
>With M&K
many controllers will be broken that day

Attached: 1516003483939.png (677x592, 303K)

competent artists who actually understand design language instead of just MUH GRAPHICS

From what I've seen, most people prefer the males.

Attached: .jpg (3540x4800, 1.28M)

I personally didn't like the CE Anniversary armor..
something about it looked off and made chief look like he was slightly overweight or something. probably because the arms look small

Attached: 5a2fcec5ba1c94b57af1652c86fce3c8.jpg (1472x981, 88K)

God I want her to break my back as she leg locks me

I like how the art style is simple and uses common shapes and aesthetics between designs. You can see the similarities between Master Chief and a fucking Warthog.
You put it better than I was ever going to. From the armor to the vehicles, the design principles are consistent. It all fits together.

Does anybody like Halo CE Anniversary? It was outsourced to Russians.

>It all fits together.
This is also why Elites should be sleek and agile looking, because that's the Covenant aesthetic in its purest form.

fucking shitty. I try to play the whole game on the newer graphics but I can't, everything's to dark and you couldn't see anything and everything looks cartoony. Anniversary graphics are unplayable for me. classic graphics are far better

Not him but think of it like the RTS bungee wanted to make all those years ago. The Warthog, like all the units in the game, had to look extremely visually noticeable from a distance from use of its silhouette to pick it out from a crowd of units. All of the unit models in the game were made like that.

Then as the game drifted further away from its original design document, you started getting the lack of focus that plagued the later game designs. Dirt on everything. Unnecessary shine and matte textures applied for the purpose of making it look next-gen. Silhouette changed from an obvious and distinct geometric shape for the front and back into a generic boxy buggy-thing.

If you want an example of what I mean, try looking at the CE Warthog and the Halo 4 warthog out of the corner of your eye, and compare distinguishing features between the two.

What's weird about it is that the Warthog has had it the easiest, probably because it's the iconic vehicle. The Wraith and the Scorpion got the next-gen "this has to look like it's from a movie" treatment waaay harder and look worse and worse each passing generation because of it.

Attached: Wraiths_Comparison.jpg (784x508, 77K)

I lean towards 4 but the original has such an underrated ass.

Yeah i'm thinking he's back

Attached: Captain King.png (800x750, 403K)

>They made it canon that elites base a lot of their design from bugs and other creatures directly
>Even though they have power armor, the Traviss trilogy stated some elites were confused and thought Spartan armor was their exoskeleton

Attached: .jpg (2631x1094, 918K)

To be fair that specific screenshot is like alpha or something, the helmet/visor doesn't look like that in the final game.

I do, some levels look really nice to me. I leave it on anniversary graphics most of time whenever i play it on MCC.

Attached: Halo CEA_Comparison_01.jpg (3105x4368, 3.41M)

God the H4 Wraith is just disgusting to look at
The whole Covenent aesthetic is sleek and smooth and clean. Nothing is clean and sleek about the H4 Wraith. It looks like someone molded a turd

Are you sure about that?

Attached: Han.jpg (474x331, 12K)

>the Traviss trilogy

Attached: 1530454294302.jpg (361x351, 15K)

Delete this

Just look at it. It's based. He looks like a walking tank. Compare that to the fag armor from 4/5 where it just looks like a gay rubber suit with hockey pads

Not canon.

>343i confirmed that they're going back to the Halo CE concept art

What does this mean?

Attached: 1463224313349.jpg (4962x6420, 1.76M)

>replying to the fag who spams the same gay elite porn pictures in every goddamn thread

It matches what they did to the Elites. I hope they've brought back the classic design for them too. Elites should look strong, but not chunky.

Is Eldewrito made obsolete now?

absolutely

Attached: aleen.png (737x687, 254K)

MCC won't get mods for a while

They're gonna find some way to fuck it up in the face of massive design committees who will co-opt most of it to look like generic hollywood trash.

I want to be optimistic but fuck it's hard with 343. I'm glad Chief looks good, though.

That's Halo 5, 4's vehicles were recolored models from Reach.

Everything but odd one out is canon

man i forgot how anime some of the original concept art is.

That may be 5 but 4's weren't recolors, you're thinking of CEA

Courtesy of Shi Kai Wang

Attached: shi-kai-wang01.jpg (800x1209, 95K)

What I always found weird is that their response to making something better is to add more and more to the parts that *aren't* supposed to pop-out. They don't try to work on the texture of the sections that are supposed to be detailed, they just add more machine bits to the parts between them, make the whole thing a glossy glow, and call it a day. A bunch of covenant stuff got that treatment.

I'm guessing they did it because the Bone could do those kinds of textures better, but it doesn't make for a better design.

I've used white since Halo CE, blue accent color if available.

A lot of assets from Halo 4 were retextured from Reach. Like the needler.

The events are canon, the artistic interpretations aren't.

Why doesn't Halo have manga art style anymore?

nah he's right. the ghost, phantom, wraith and banshee are retextured reach models. they have the same uv mapping too.

They had a style and they stuck with it. Modern Halo stuff is so massively over-managed that every single bit is molded by committees and task teams instead of having artists do their thing. Artists now simply do what the committees and task teams tell them to do.

So when they're on something as important to MS as Halo, even something as simple as remodeling the fender of the Warthog would take an act of god and at least ten different layers of management to approve. Also that ten different layers of management just saw Avatar and want to make the game like that. Which results in a lot of the focus-less drift that appears in the modern designs.

>Why were Halo CE's designs better than Halo 4's?
Not all of them, Halo 4 has some sick art (for environments mostly).

Attached: 1472028607127.jpg (1024x576, 64K)

it's bulky armor that looks like something a super soldier would wear

Grif, if not then Tucker.

Was Cortana the only thing 4 updated that actually looks better

I'm pretty disgusted with how the Elites ended up with all these massive bulky armor bits and giant boots. Just look how small this armor is. this is still what an Elite should look like to me.

Attached: Halo2-MinorElite.png (480x960, 384K)

Environments are wrong and the armor is shit, one of the worst remasters in video games.

I get that it was more because of engine limitations, but I liked how CE looked a lot spookier/darker than Anniversary from 343 Guilty Spark to Keyes

Halo 4's multiplayer wasn't on the disc so they could add new armor and balance patches. That's about it.

I think most Spartans were chosen for things like height and strength, so yeah Cheif probably is lanky as fuck outside the suit.
Well, if it's still called lanky when you're ripped.

Lots of 25-35 year olds were playing Halo CE when it released. They would be 40-50 now.

>tfw you will never experience Chief and Doomguy co-op against an endless horde of demons and/or aliens

>Environments are wrong and the armor is shit, one of the worst remasters in video games.

What's wrong with HCEA's environments?

>rubbery slack jawed Halo 2 model
gross, get some fucking taste

Attached: 20190612_134209.jpg (896x1080, 583K)

Where does Chief get this armor from

Did Shi Kai Wang redesign the Elites for Reach?

>Chief, Doomguy, and Samus co-op against an endless horde of aliens and demons

/o4APlmQzJ7XASSpeTv12kw==/
/lRRzwpL2/8tHte4IwJr4Yw==/
/O1pkFr8mfj0hhIU4I9Yd5Q==/
/q5SiwIfYRWXdb4Aun61WyQ==/
/UzciU0zNEqNLetqR5o5+bg==/
/9vWJxI53MQt/G0laBkrmIw==/
/p8VuEPLkrW/MHkuOJbDSvA==/
/MXWnqTfT6Et7di45TsPS/Q==/
/AUNVNRkmN9J3zBAG+a6dZg==/
/Hi6xbfNhRnbNskwrnpjLRg==/
/VcWUybSBzj227H3jL65XJw==/
/McrcKG/FWq1bkDmDNBy1KA==/
/ddmxANAQhRGugqnMSJ6rEA==/
/bgTakz8ACoESPDymd5GvdA==/
/0SG/rqVzQPaBzkl67twIjA==/

plop these into your image MD5 filter and watch faggotry disappear off the screen

Attached: 1541855535348.png (960x720, 1.01M)

Thanks user

as someone thats modded custom edition for the better part of 13 years, a lot of halo 1's atmosphere is intentionally like that. for example, people say that 343 gs is fogged up because of performance reasons, but in reality its a performance gain if you delete the fog volumes.

Why does everyone forget Chief's real daddy?

Attached: Marine2.lg.jpg (2000x1887, 1.04M)

I was speaking in terms of proportions and where the armor covers. I do prefer the sheen of the original.

>Even his mom wants to fuck him

>as someone thats modded custom edition for the better part of 13 years,

What mods do you make? SPV3?

>people say that 343 gs is fogged up because of performance reasons, but in reality its a performance gain if you delete the fog volumes.

Why did Halo 2 look worse than Halo 1 in a lot of areas?

I want some fucking pussy

Attached: Scott needs some fucking pussy.png (968x758, 331K)

>SPV3?
i was actually on the team during the early days of that. i left because masterz is a massive fuckwit and i couldnt stand him. i wonder if he still thinks halo 4 is the best halo, thats why spv3 has a lot of halo 4-ish things in it.

halo 2s variant of the blam engine allowed normal maps to be used on non-bsp objects and bungie went apeshit with it so halo 2 has a lot of really ugly bump mapping. plus the game was a development shitshow that could probably barely run on the original xbox, i never really dived into halo 2 modding because the halo 2 vista because of how locked down the editing kit is compared to custom editions.

>h.gif (2.92 MB, 250x175)
you know im rocking that tucker drip.

What? Has he been confirmed in Smash or something?
(I take red)

CEA ruins 343 Guiltar Spark (the level, not the character).
In the original, it's a dark, gloomy, atmospheric level.
In the remake, it's brightly lit and the flood look too cartoony. Also the grunt blood elevator looks like utter shit on the remake.

remember to be human user

Attached: ded.png (853x440, 424K)

Halo CEA vs CEA MCC classic mode, which looked better?

>i left because masterz is a massive fuckwit and i couldnt stand him

give me the run down on masterz

That's the Halo 5 one.

>halo 2 has a lot of really ugly bump mapping

Did Halo CE look so good because of the cube mapping?

>Halo CEA vs CEA MCC classic mode, which looked better?

Halo CE Refined

Attached: 1560287612466.png (1177x1500, 3.46M)

Shame that the PC version of Halo CE and CE Anniversary have fucked up bump maps. CE on Xbox looked great, but you can only see that detail with the flashlight on in the port/remake.

Lopez La Pesado

>Halo CEA vs CEA MCC
I'm guessing that's a typo and you meant the original CE. If that's the case then i'm gonna say MCC.

Theres nothing pointing to it not being canon

Why did they have to make her so cute though

Probably the lack of polygons to work with desu. Bungie was limited in what they could make back then which might have boosted the care they took with each design in the concept phase for CE. Not to mention the very distinct faction themes helped with establishing those og halo designs. Human, Covenant, Forerunner, and Flood all had entirely different styles that fit important narrative roles. This combined with the low poly models made understanding shape crucial to a good design.

For example human weapons had a rougher bulkier mechanical feel to them. Their boxy earth toned look of the UNSC still felt somewhat futuristic but also antiquated compared to the round shiny and colorful covenant weapons, armor, and vehicles. This gave the game an underdog feeling for the player (which after Halo 3, is not easy to convey story wise since they became top dogs in the galaxy). Lastly, the sheer size and feats of the forerunner technology stood out as something more godly and majestic than anything used by either the humans or covenant.

A major problem with the designs today are that they are not being used as tools to tell a story. Newer human aesthetics are borrowing elements of modern sci-fi, which is logical to show progression of humanity in the overall narrative, but weakens that underdog factor separating the humans from the other more advanced aliens. The original Halo trilogy had an established hierarchical structure to the factions but 4 and 5 never moved on to a new formula or fully embraced the previous one making everything feel like a mess.

Attached: aladdin_character_shapes.jpg (564x377, 44K)

You needed to be a Mac gamer to really be into the series (iirc, only 2 came out on Windows until aleph one came along) and there is almost no one who gamed on Mac back in the 1990s. I did though, and I fucking LOVE Marathon.
I wish Bungie would try to make a new one (even a remake) instead of games as a service bullshit, but I'm pretty satisfied with the story Marathon has already so it's not really a tragedy that that will never happen.

Attached: marathon manga.jpg (490x600, 47K)

Play Halo CE Refined. It includes uncompressed high res textures that were only included with Custom Edition.

>Halo: CE Patch Notes by Sean "kornman00" Cooper

>Removed auto-aim and red reticule on Rocket Launcher to align with legacy.
>Fixed an issue where a user could auto-kick themselves after being betrayed by a guest profile.
>Added a toggle to disable betrayal booting in Custom Games.
>Added more granular score to win options for Slayer in Custom Games.
>Added more granular score to win options for King of the Hill in Custom Games.
>Added more granular time limit options for all game types in Custom Games.
>Fixed an issue which could result in a crash.

>Finally, there was the pesky auto-aiming on the H1 Rocket Launcher. I'm not sure I have described the issue here on previous blogs, but this dates back to a Halo PC change. In the original H1 release, there was no auto-aim on the Rocket Launcher, but it was added in Halo PC, maybe to improve the new asynchronous network model used for MP? Whatever the reason, no one really likes it, and it also impacts the campaign experience.

>We’re on the same page and want to work out the kinks that make MCC’s Halo 1 maps and levels not match the classic version. This work ranges from balance tunings in weapons/multiplayer objects, textures/shaders using settings that cause deviation, and even different level geometry. Right now I’m in the investigation process of this work. This involves doing a “diff” of the original game’s content with what’s in HaloPC/MCC, which by itself has called out some head scratchers. I’ve also been talking with some of the people that have dedicated their time working on Refined to address mismatches.

Sean Cooper is trying to fix as many bugs as he can before the PC release.

The game was made for the stencil engine, Bungie had brought a new level of lighting, shadow and fog effects to Halo with the engine but the original Xbox couldn't handle it and they hd to go back to blam!. It also didn't help that they had to iron out all the bugs. Bungie loved the bitmap lightmaps in Halo CE so much they went nuts with it in Halo 2, in some areas they look great in others not so much. The lighting and shadows along with fog had their moments but it wasn't on the same level as Halo 1 and the scale was scaled back because of the graphics which had a lot of pop-up issues.

I just finished 1 and 2 for the first time yesterday. Pretty good series.
Does Marathon Infinity get better if I stick at it?

The red or the cyan.

No 360 CEA vs MCC CEA classic modes

>as someone thats modded custom edition for the better part of 13 years

what are your favorite community made maps?

is the jackal fixed or not?

Gearbox has been fucking up games for a while
youtube.com/watch?v=M6nZPrMSu0w

Attached: halo.png (349x401, 336K)

Just finished playing Halo CE again and with zero irony I think it has the best campaign in the franchise AND its best levels take place in the second half of the campaign. Two Betrayals is a phenomenal mission.
The Library wasn't even that bad. CE is literally the only time the Flood were ever scary and The Library needs to exist to cement that in there. While it gets repetitive at the very least the game's playspaces remain open so combat feels like a dance instead of a labyrinthine trip.

>genuinely believes spv3 is better than bungie halo
>thinks halo 4 is the best
>if you disagree with him you are wrong and he'll proceed to tell you why as if you were a child
iirc he even defended the mcc launch back in 2014.

>Did Halo CE look so good because of the cube mapping?
yeah i reckon thats why its aged better than halo 2.

fuck that plasma shader type that gearbox completely broke. its why the jackal shield, dropship plasma thing and so on look so completely shit. was a pain in the ass to come up with a work around.

Everything is fixed. It also includes an ultra HD HUD.

Based on the Gearbox PC port and not the actual Xbox original. This is a problem because Gearbox broke a shit ton of the actual graphics so classic mode doesn't actually reflect what the original game actually looked like.
Remastered mode just looks kinda weird, but that's more of a personal thing.

>fuck that plasma shader type that gearbox completely broke. its why the jackal shield, dropship plasma thing and so on look so completely shit. was a pain in the ass to come up with a work around.

what are your thoughts on halo ce refined?

Just imagine they almost made Halo 4.

Completely wrong biomes and a large amount doesn't geometrically match the original with things being too large or too small meaning you can shoot invisible walls at times or fall through shit because it's inaccurate.

see

sticking to vanilla like I always do when the game offers a base build

Infinity is a weird one. A lot of the levels are kind of a pain and the ending isn't as satisfying as 2's, but I think its worth playing through. IMO the level design gets better in the last 'chapter' and the story does start to come together and make more sense as you progress, though there are a ton of things you miss about the story on your first run because a lot of that terminal text is extremely dense.
If you're not feeling the atmosphere though, I don't think you'll get much more out of it.

Probably the best balance between utility and style, perfect frame, not too bulky or lean,ds the suit wasn't painted like a fucking Mountain Dew sponsored F1 racer, and it's got the perfect reflective sheen.
The reflective visor is iconic too with the visor casting a shadow. No crazy neon blue sci-fi lights, no greeble, so simple but crisp.

nu-fags don't understand the nuance driving the soul. It's the little things. Less is always more.

He objectively does not believe Halo 4 is the best, he just defends it because he thinks it's unfairly hated (it isn't). You cannot get him to stop sucking CE off, it is physically impossible and warranted.

What about H2A?

Attached: yorjp6.gif (320x180, 1.34M)

youtube.com/watch?v=NpOVKbM7vlA

Attached: 1553217206581.jpg (447x275, 112K)

3 and 4

>He objectively does not believe Halo 4 is the best, he just defends it because he thinks it's unfairly hated (it isn't). You cannot get him to stop sucking CE off, it is physically impossible and warranted.

Does sprint belong in Halo CE?

Attached: spv3.png (629x713, 60K)

the others are all the wrong color

Why would a hologram be opaque?
Why would saggy tits over there have matte black hair?
Why would Cortana make herself ugly on purpose?

>bring them as close to spv3 as possible
so he wants to turn everything into a bloated mess?

Attached: chief2.jpg (564x729, 69K)

you realize that Baby Boomers were all born in the 50's and 60's, right? like, the post WW!! Baby Boom? Your grandpa never touched an Xbox controller, let alone enjoyed Halo.

I listen to Nirvana and Sarah McLachlan in high school. I watched Duck Tales and Ren & Stimpy. I played Final Fantasy VI, back when it was called Final Fantasy 3. I am a Gen X'er, not a Boomer. why are kids so fucking proud to be stupid, these days?

>ugly
low test as fuck

>Infinity is a weird one. A lot of the levels are kind of a pain and the ending isn't as satisfying as 2's, but I think its worth playing through. IMO the level design gets better in the last 'chapter' and the story does start to come together and make more sense as you progress, though there are a ton of things you miss about the story on your first run because a lot of that terminal text is extremely dense.

How similar is Halo CE to Marathon?

Incorrect. Cortana's colour changes with her mood.
Halo 2 onwards, she's permanently horny.

>dick and ass protector doesn't connect
>chief has a massive weak point in his gooch
noted

Infinity's worst levels are worse than 2's but its best levels are the pinnacle of the series IMO. And the story, while obtuse and surreal, is IMO even more captivating than 2's, which is very well written (they all are) but pretty straight forward. Infinity is one of the rare stories in vidya that I still catch myself randomly thinking about sometimes. You have to pay super close attention and read a lot into it but the story page can help you grok the continuity and themes, which are pretty fascinating as a reflection of the overall story.

It looked good on the Xbox because of multi-pass rendering and some of the shader effects they used for the specular and self-luminance along with the bump mapping. They also had a lot of filtering that was completely absent or just straight up broken in the PC port, a lot of the tone mapping was really fucking screwed up and certain cutscenes (The Maw's opening scene on the downed Autumn) were visually impacted. Taking "The Maw" for example, seeing that cutscene on the original Xbox, the camera pans over the desert ocean to the plateau and it looks almost as if it's in the middle of a dust storm, because of the grading, but on the PC there's no filter and so the colors are too bright and there's no faked weather effects.

View the cutscenes on the Halo 1 dev commentary because they played the game on the original Xbox, and trying to search for it on YouTube might get you inaccurate results.

>now he doesn't look like a toy anymore
n i c e

Cortana will exploit this weakness in Infinite by slowly running her fingers up and down his taint.

>after the first one
If they didn't have this opinion I'd have lost all respect for the team.
Barely. Infinity is a masterpiece though and deserves to be played no matter what. It's got the best gameplay and an incredible story that takes a few playthroughs to digest.
Bungie sci fi FPS game tier list:
Infinity > M1A1 > Halo CE = Durandal > Halo 2/ODST > Halo 3 > Reach > Destiny (whatever's going on with Destiny 2 I don't know)

You're not gen X you're a milennial

>extinction
im fully aware its kinda shit. but it was the reason why i picked up a copy of halo pc because drivable scarabs, longswords and pelicans
>yoyorast island
had some fun times with this map back in the day
>chronopolis
couldnt tell you why i like it but i always have
cant remember the rest of the names of maps and i cbf finding where my halo ce .map backups ended up.

glad moses actually finished it off properly. theres been a few campaign 'restoration' projects over the years that just died or were never properly done.

But the flashbacks were the only good part of the game, the entire open world part where you play as The Rookie was shit

Attached: 1560033866792.png (460x444, 416K)

People are gonna skip this one when it's on Steam, mods for the original are much better.

>Coldsnap, Hugeass, Extinction
How on Earth do people play these pieces of trash and have fun? It takes like 4500 years to find people even with 16 people in a server. Is it just the novelty of driving Pelicans and Scarabs?

>extinction
i remember dropping a nuke deep into the enemy base, i love that map.

>If they didn't have this opinion I'd have lost all respect for the team.

Does anyone think this actually looks good?

Attached: D7X0Gu8W0AAZkmO.jpg (2048x1152, 597K)

I'm not black, and I'm not into their fun house caricatures of ape women on the Sahara.

>Is it just the novelty of driving Pelicans and Scarabs?
yes. i always hated cocksnap though.

They were a novelty.

>Not liking exploring the dark ruins of New Monbassa sneaking around trying not to be seen by patrols
>Not turning off your night vision to see how really dark it is
>Not painting that one dark as hell corridor in Grunt blood so it glows like it's under a blacklight

reminds me of love live artstyle

Attached: nico nico rekt.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

It's sort of the greatest hits in a cinematic blockbuster package.
>Mjolnir mk IV Cyborg=Spartan in Mjolnir Mk V armor
>Halo ring=L'howon/jjaro station/tri xeem
>Pfhor=Covenant
>Forerunners=Jjaro
>Cortana=Leela/Durandal
>S'pht uprising=Covenant civil war
>w'rkncacnter=flood
There are lot of subtle and overt similarities but it's not a direct remake or anything. It's kind of like when Hollywood adapts a book but changes a ton of shit in the process.

>Chief has such massive BALLS that he can not wear proper armor.
Tight.

>M1A1
>Not the real original
only casuals play the version that does the CSFS,C puzzle for them. Also the PiD intro is kind of tacky.

Why did Marathon fans hate Halo?

You obviously just went straight from one section to the other (in order, of course. Bet you didn't know you can do the middle 4 in any order you like).
>Unlocking weapon caches to get different weapons, Mongooses, etc.
>Fighting Hunters in the streets, ducking behind busses and cars
>Climbing up on rooftops and sniping Jackals from a distance
>Finding a ghost and splattering Brutes.

Well Bungie fans in general felt betrayed that they ditched Mac and hopped into bed with MS

Alright, I think I'll stick at it and see if it captures me. Better to try and know, than never try.
Thanks bros.

>Mac
Negative my man.
Mac.
Also because Halo often acted like an extremely dumbed down version of several Marathon concepts. The closest the games ever got to the level of Marathon's sci fi writing was IRIS + Halo 3's terminals.

I only had a mac for PC gaming up until 2007 and I still can't really blame them for that. They made the right choice.

I don't know why others given these people the time of day.

Attached: it's shit.png (512x256, 213K)

don't forget about me

Attached: odst.jpg (1144x1500, 605K)

>Also because Halo often acted like an extremely dumbed down version of several Marathon concepts.

Examples?

Good luck vid boi!

>its many of our team's favourite Halo after the first one
yeah that's not surprising considering i know a couple of others that left for similar reasons to me. if halo infinite steers back into the bungie era of halo and abandons everything halo 4 and 5 did masterz would probably have a breakdown.

RED4LFYE
WHITE OR STEEL IF I WANNA CHANGE

theyre a tranny, duh

>if halo infinite steers back into the bungie era of halo and abandons everything halo 4 and 5 did masterz would probably have a breakdown.

he already has said that 343i were BULLIED into bringing back old designs.

>Basketball skin undersuit
Wanna know how I know you're a nigger?
Also
>"Bruh, let's add more edges and grooves to the armor"

They want more Halo 4, the most halo game, in Halo CE.

video.twimg.com/tweet_video/D8u2IHLXkAAOfmy.mp4

what does he keep in his crotch bag?

Halo CE Refined includes a HD texture pack of uncompressed textures from the editing kit.

Halo 2 Vista (and MCC) also uses uncompressed textures.

snacks for the long drive home

armor abilities in spv3 were terrible lmao

Hopes for Forge?

Attached: puke.gif (356x400, 2M)

There's a faithful version of Marathon 1 for Aleph One as well.
For me, mainly, it was the fact that the story is presented entirely through cutscenes and voiceover instead of the terminal text. It's understandable that they'd do this since they were making a more modern, cinematic game, but for telling an interesting story it can't compare to the loredumps and dialogues presented by Marathon's terminals IMO.

Attached: fatum terminal.jpg (631x275, 84K)

summarizes it perfectly. In general whereas Marathon was an action game that also doubled as an exploration of the metanarrative heft of playing an FPS, Halo focused on a more "pure" action oriented tone. Concepts which Marathon dealt with directly like how the protagonist was able to reload saves and deal with problems were relegated to the background in Halo ("luck").
Halo's a great series with an expansive universe but even with two decades of material it pales in comparison to the depth the Marathon trilogy held outside of Halo 3's terminals.

i wish i could be surprised by that.

it looked better in concept art, bungie didnt quite manage to get that sleek airplane shape. i think it would look a bit better if it was more elongated.

Attached: wraith.jpg (800x600, 244K)

>For me, mainly, it was the fact that the story is presented entirely through cutscenes and voiceover instead of the terminal text. It's understandable that they'd do this since they were making a more modern, cinematic game, but for telling an interesting story it can't compare to the loredumps and dialogues presented by Marathon's terminals IMO.

Didn't Microsoft write the story for Halo CE?

CE:A already set out to do that. That's why people hated it.
Really they just want to do their vision for Halo as they think 343i should have done it.

>Halo's a great series with an expansive universe but even with two decades of material it pales in comparison to the depth the Marathon trilogy held outside of Halo 3's terminals.

What about Destiny?

It's on the very image
>lying on a thai cat grooming imageboard

No, but they basically took the surrounding lore like Fall of Reach into their own hands. Without them 343 wouldn't have had Blue Team to butcher in Halo 5 for example.

I still kinda question why he has fingerless gloves, especially when ODSTS usually drop into orbit which comes with the risk of exposure to space.

The aesthetic is directly contradicted by later materials. This is a canon female sangheili.

Attached: Halo_Mythos_-_SOI.jpg (1189x660, 179K)

When I was a dumbass kid I thought elites were naked under the plates, until I realized they had under suits.

uh if the pod was breached I don't think sealed gloves are gonna help much

Same. To be fair, it really looks that way in Halo 1

ONI has been attempting to assassinate him to ensure the elites stay weak, its gotten to the point were Rtas decided to say fuck it and fuck off to somewhere in the galaxy resulting in ONI hunting him.

ODST's are ground troops, not space troops. Their armor isn't that sealed
If there's a breach in the pod then it doesn't matter if your gloves are sealed or not. It's space

I unironically really loved Halo 4's chief design but Halo 5 looks like shit despite it being nearly identical

Attached: 489-4895576halo-4-master-chief.png (820x1311, 831K)

ok faggots the mcc flight will be revealed on the stream that is in 3 hours, i have a friend that works at splash damage I don't know the date but my friend said it's gonna be 100% revealed because the azure servers are already up and running with their experimental build, and it's going to be a large scale flight (i have no idea on what he meant by it) and it will run for 2 weeks with the current stable build they have, and it isn't the one at e3 showcase the one's there is using a older build

They have vaccum suits for EVA/HAZOP
ODST rarely do this because they are mainly on the ground

Fuck off Cortana your fucking space owl took out my internet

wait there's a manga?

>it's just a smaller elite
Fucking gay, halo legends did it better

>I unironically really loved Halo 4's chief design

Why?

no its Gen 3

It's taller than the male Sangheili, just slimmer