So how was country bumpkin, shinra grunt, nobody Cloud able to kill Sephiroth in Nibelheim? I get it...

So how was country bumpkin, shinra grunt, nobody Cloud able to kill Sephiroth in Nibelheim? I get it, he stabbed him in the back with buster sword first, but still. I am not saying it's too far fetched, giving other stuff that goes on in ff7 world, but still a lot of people seem to forget what a badass Cloud was from the start.

Attached: Cloud-Lifts-Sephiroth.jpg (480x272, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ih7s1e55tZI?t=968
youtube.com/watch?v=JDG2m5hN1vo
psychologytoday.com/us/blog/brain-babble/201208/tapping-our-super-strength-adrenaline
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jenova cells that were thought to be inert activated due to rage

Sephiroth getting dropped into the reactor is seriously stupid in general.

Wasnt zach the actual hero of nibelheim?

Did you even play the game? Seph whopped Zack's ass.

He was but that didn't stop Sephiroth from burning it to the ground and whupping his ass.

if you think that's bad, in some of the retellings of this seen, like The Last Order OVA and some of the other FF7 games, Sephiroth willingly jumps into the reactor instead of being discarded by Cloud

Zack softened him up a bit.

Because Sephiroth underestimated a country bumpkin, shinra grunt nobody running on adrenaline.

Cloud had no jenova cells in him at that point. Jenova cells were only after Hojo got him from the reactor.

My only guess is that adrenaline kicked in with seeing Sephiroth kill his mom, burn down his town, cut down his best friend and almost cut his girl Tifa in half. Cloud went into a berserker rage and Sephiroth wasn't expecting him to do anything. Probably helps he was significantly weakened after Cloud shoved the fucking buster sword up his ass from behind to begin with.

oh right...well fuck me

People forget he ran behind Sephiroth and stabbed him in the back first like a coward.

Then whilst wounded Sephiroth tried to kill him but Cloud refusing to give him pick his girly alien ass up and threw him into the Mako foundry.

None of them are good. They're all fucking terrible including the original.

Like 20 years ago. I recall most of cloud's memories being factually wrong in the little flashback in that useless village right outside of midgar

>People forget he ran behind Sephiroth and stabbed him in the back first like a coward.
Did he though?
youtu.be/ih7s1e55tZI?t=968

Love for Tifa and anger towards losing his village and mother

Well, he stabbed him in the stomach. Still a surprise attack.

In the original Zack got his ass whooped instantly. Cloud stabbed him in the back and then in a moment of autist rage was able to pick Sephiroth off and fling him into the reactor mako

There was no proper fight but he still displayed strength that was beyond a random because power of emotion etc etc

It's literally at the 16 minute mark. Or are you saying it's not the back because Seph turned around?

>power of emotion
>"you shouldn't have killed my mom and slashed my waifu!"
youtube.com/watch?v=JDG2m5hN1vo

psychologytoday.com/us/blog/brain-babble/201208/tapping-our-super-strength-adrenaline

Because Cloud had the power to move him.

It wasn't that Cloud was more powerful than Sephiroth. At the time, he wasn't. He wasn't even close. But Cloud's rage at the slaughter of Nibelheim allowed him to power through what should have put him down long enough to toss Sephiroth, who happened to be standing in a bad spot for somebody shoving you. Any other place, Cloud would have died accomplishing nothing.

Why didn’t Sephiroth let go of the sword...

Here's a real question for you: Was Nibelheim a normal village?

It's this town at the base of a mountain with a reactor on it; a reactor housing JENOVA and many experimental creaturs. It also has a mansion with underground laboratory. I've questioned whether Nibelheim is actually real. Sephiroth burned the town to the ground, except the basement I guess. Shinra supposedly 're-built' the entire town 1:1. Tifa was nearly sliced in half but has no scarring. Of the three there, only Zack and Cloud were taken by Hojo to recieve JENOVA cells and mako. That entire place is a mystery.

What are you smoking? Nibelheim was a village that existed. Tifa was rescued by Zangan, her martial arts teacher. Why would shinra rebuild a town that didn't exist excatly how two people from it remember it?

To get to the other side

why couldnt sephiroth just let go of the sword

Cloud literally had pre-emptive materia equipped and used it to get a first attack. Sephiroth then got a deathblow with just one attack; all Cloud managed to do was adjust Sephiroth's position. It just so happened that he managed to position him into the Lifestream and that was that.

Attached: 1479791749983.png (1000x733, 493K)

I don't doubt that it existed. I doubt that it was a real village.
>Why would shinra rebuild a town that didn't exist excatly how two people from it remember it?
More like, why would they? Why would Shinra rebuilt an entire village 1:1 for two surviving residents? Considering how Hojo was using the mansion with Lucrecia. The entire town could've been for the JENOVA Project.