Will DQ series get the "Cloud" treatment?

I'm happy that the DQ Heroes got in, but it still worries me that only 2 songs from the trailer will get in the game while Overworld theme and Tantegel theme gets left out.

I'm very worried since this is Square Enix we're talking about. They seem to exclude Nintendo on games they were developing for like Dragon Quest Builders 2.

Attached: images (5).jpg (739x415, 45K)

Bump, need some opinions

i hope not

My opinion is that I would rather have Tifa instead of the DQ heroes.

It's already gotten more respect with the alt skins.

posts like this remind me that dlc is BTFOing waifufags at full force for the moment

Yeah, I think that's pretty much a given. Don't get your hopes up.

They already have 4 characters in one, it's impossible they receive the cloud treatment

I played XI on PS4 and got as far as recruiting the cleric and the loli and dropped it. Does the game get more fun?

I may be a waifufag, but with the amount of sword fighters in the game already, the DQ heroes are just adding another 8 additional lame generic sword characters. Fuck.

in FF case its most Nobuo and his weird license policy
there's a high chance that DQ wont suffer the same fate tho, since they did bring back orchestra for XI

There are more brawler than sword fighters.

Square Enix in general is treating Nintendo very coldly, I don't think Nobuo alone is to be blamed about the outcome of Cloud when they cant even include any character for something as simple as spirits.

>FF in Smash
>Square can't even be bothered to let Nintendo reference any Final Fantasy character who isn't Cloud

>DQ in Smash
>Enix lets Nintendo reference literally every Dragon Quest hero

It seems clear that while Square appears to despise Nintendo, Enix is more than happy to work with them.

Yes, play it with the draconian harder monsters setting.

How is Square any different from Enix when they're 1 company?

Probably because Sugiyama is super anal about his music
It's the reason why the 3DS version of DQ8 had orchestral music in Japan but Midi music in the west

They are the same company but i get you, Enix still jumped ship for PS1 and PS2 with VII and VIII but then came back to Nintendo’s handelds HARD with IX and IV, V, VI remakes, Rocket Slime, Monster Joker 1, 2, 3 plus VII remake & VIII enhanced port.
Also Theathrythm and 2 Monster 3DS remakes.

They literally made like 20 DQ games for DS/3DS, including 2 Nintendo versions of XI.
Meanwhile Final Fantasy just recently got old ports on the Switch.

Biggest reason is probably FF always pushed graphics hard and Nintendo consoles simply can’t run them, but even then i feel like Square still resents Nintendo fir going with cartdriges for the N64.

Did they announce if the switch content was getting released on other platforms? are they going to do a world of final fantasy again?

>Square still resents Nintendo
Not because of cartridge, it's because Yamauchi trash talked that JRPG games are for manchildren and he doesn't give a shit about Squaresoft.

it requires context I'm too lazy to give you, user
>Smash made Ann from Persona less curvy
>Zero Suit's tits and ass are reduced in a hilariously bad and weird looking way
>Bayonetta is nerfed to shit, putting her Waifufags in shameful hiding
>Pokewaifufags have horribly frogged faced trainer
>even Snake was less caked to btfo husbandfags
meanwhile
>Sakurai's goddess, Zelda, and Wii Fit were adjusted to be the new company issued waifus they selected for you

They should, at minimum, get one song from each heroes game plus the main DQ overture. What should really happen is they put about two dozen songs in like Castlevania got.

But it just depends on if they want to pay for the music rights and if SquareEnix allows it.

Attached: 1424878119234.png (1200x675, 1.55M)

SE does not own DQ music
Sugiyama does
And unlike the stupid shit you might have heard he has no problem in licensing all his music if you pay him

No he fucking isnt, stop spreading lies SE are just cheap bastards that wont pay him the orchestra version fees

Enix was basically owned by one man who had minimal staff. He only published games others made. Once Square and Enix merged, the guy who started Square sold his majority share and retired. And the combined SquareEnix is run by Square management staff.

All "Enix" games are made by outside groups and SquareEnix just publishes them. So Square basically doesn't meddle into the production of those games like it does its internal games. Plus, 90% of the profits come from Dragon Quest. And Yuji Horii is handling that series better than any Square manager ever could. The few times Square ever did meddle with it, such as localization to the west, they just fucked it up royal.

Attached: 1474426237438.jpg (800x528, 142K)

>Once Square and Enix merged, the guy who started Square sold his majority share and retired.
Excuse me, I mean the guy who owned Enix.

Is it confirmed that Square employees are the ones who prevented localization?