Yes, I know - another Smash thread, whatever

Yes, I know - another Smash thread, whatever
Where do we go from here? Seriously? There are some characters that would be cool if they got in, like Doomguy, but I don't think there's anyone else on the same level as Banjo.
What do you think?

Attached: banjo_in_smash.png (1440x900, 2.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Ymkt76
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ub46uT3VN1c
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72623332
smashboards.com/threads/characters-on-sakurais-poll.71872/
twitter.com/franklez/status/1076911083909132289
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1efSqdKAeYI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ngSPb8S5ODc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Goku

Can you please explain to a zoomer like me why people like this character so much?

>Yes, I know - another Smash thread, whatever
No it’s not whatever. Stop flooding the board with Smash and go to /vg/

rayman doomguy or steve would all be hyped. maybe not as much of a popular choice as banjo.

This is beyond tiresome

Trips of truth.

Nostalgia over a terrible subgenre of 3D platformer.

Yeah, it is finally over.
Smash Bros. is complete. The series peaked.
Wait... aren't we forgetting someone...???
FUCKHEADS

Attached: 1406409186148.png (1152x730, 698K)

Didn't play his games myself, but he's the mascot of some of the better 3D platformers on the 64, up there with Mario and Donkey Kong. It's mostly nostalgia that made him so highly requested, but he's also pretty iconic in game history and has good history with Nintendo.

This is the end of the road for me. I waited 20 years for this. I yearn for no one else.

Attached: got my invite.jpg (1280x1099, 219K)

>

Bitch, everyone is above Banjo. The reveal literally killed any hype I had left for SSBU. A chuckling bear that hasn't had a game in over 12 years who's still clinging to fame because of two blurry platformers on the nintendo 64. Fucking amazing, truly the pinnacle of videogame representation.

It's baffling this irrelvant shitter got in over someone like Bomberman

Banjo, like the hate for the EGS, is a meme.
They only care about it, because it's a meme.
Go ahead, tell me all the reasons you love Banjo so much.

I just want Doomguy. I never played Banjo but I'm happy for his fans. But I will only truly be statisfied with Doomguy.
Who would you have picked?

they're good characters from good games

Steve

>implying Bomberman is worth not having Castlevania
it would've been one or the other, not both

Would they ever add john wick? Yea probably not..

this. its complete.

Yep, getting Banjo in Smash was mostly a saga of bandwagon, of "good guys and bad guys." When Smash 6 is announced everyone and their mom will ask for Geno, it'll be the same shit. Congrats to actual Banjo fans, fuck you to the sheep that made this happen.

Why not both?

He has good games. Also, he is a bear and I like bears.

not enough dev time for both

Because back in the day, Banjo-Kazooie was a 10/10 platform game that could rival motherfucking MARIO.
Just let this sink in. No game nowadays can rival mario in terms of platforming games, you simply mimick it, but never reach it.
Banjo-Kazooie could rival, and to some extent BEAT Mario 64, the king of 3D platformers.
Here's why we still love Banjo. Because he was the protagonist of a masterpiece game.
Fuck off zoomer.

Attached: 1556256418693.png (240x240, 1K)

>relevant
>bomberman

Two Konami reps in 1 game when Sega, Capcom, Namco, Microsoft, Square Enix want a piece of the cake as well.

Banjo-Kazooie was just a poor man's Mario 64 though. The music was better, the gameplay wasn't.

>Banjo-Kazooie was a good 3d platformer.
Fucking great, but what makes him a good fighter?
Tetris is a great game, doesn't mean it should be in Smash.

When looking back at Mario 64 you have to hand it too Banjo for having more character and atmosphere. The worlds feel more alive in Banjo while in Mario 64 they just don't.

Mario 64 has 3D Obstacle Course which is great.

Banjo has actual living worlds with how much charm they had in those games.

disagree

They should focus on Nintendo characters like wonder red Mach rider and others because there will never be a bigger reveal

If N64 had more games no one would even remember that garbage. People only acknowledge it because they ran out of Marios and Zeldas to play.

it was one of the four good games on the n64
that's pretty much it

cranky because Steve got BTFO?

>tell me why
>reason
>OTHER. REASON.

Squenix has 2 reps now: Cloud and DQman

I always wanted Tamagotchi in it. Give us a v-pet representative

What makes Captain Falcon a good fighter then? F-Zero is a great game and deserved a rep, and so they made Falcon's moveset out of nowhere.
Banjo even has cool moves in his own game, if you can't tell why he would be a good fighter is because you DID NOT play the game. So hear me out, try it, you won't regret it and you will realize how much potential he and Kazooie have.

I dunno dude, how much variety he has at his disposal across both games?
If you want to argue how characters should be added because they're good fighters argue about Isabelle or Villager

Good game doesn't mean shit.
Is he a memorable character? Does he have interesting moves? Why should Banjo be in this game?

Steve will be a bigger reveal unironically. Banjo had a big following inside the Smash community, which is like 20 million people tops, but not everyone in the Smash community even knows who Banjo is. Minecraft has 90 million monthly players. One fanbase is way bigger than the other.

Attached: 1533143305594.png (625x626, 24K)

They got a single new one like the other companies. Cloud was from Smash 4.

>Is he a memorable character?
Yes
>Does he have interesting moves?
Yes
>Why should Banjo be in this game?
See above

Pure SOUL: The series that got killed off in it's prime by pure soulless corporate greed.

Imagine if any beloved series of today just fell into the void in the middle of it's prime. There'd still be people pushing for it's return a decade+ later, Devil May Cry and Megaman suffered shorter versions of Banjo-Kazooie's fate and that's exactly what those fanbases did.

>Is he a memorable character?
yeah
>Does he have interesting moves?
yeah
>Why should Banjo be in this game?
he was a pillar of the N64

Welcome to cult of porky

discord.gg/Ymkt76

Capcom’s most favored devil will take up another job

Attached: F593DEA5-F26C-4B3B-B235-E70931DFB4CF.jpg (1625x887, 267K)

fuck off retards go back sucking steve's cock

Imagine saying "a great game equals a chance in smash"

1. He is.
2. He does.
3. Because he's been the #1 most-requested character alongside King K. Rool and Ridley for almost twenty fucking years. Because at heart, at his core, he's a Nintendo character. He fits him much more than any other request. Because it's a sign of respect and a love letter to Rare and the simpler, good old days. Because it shows that many still care about the character and it could help give us Banjo Threeie.

But I bet that's still not enough for you haters?

Rayman, Crash, and Spyro.

Man, who knows. Banjo throws all logic and preconceived notions out the window. There is now absolutely no way to properly predict.

Shantae...everyone is so assured she cant get in it would be hype from that alone.

Great game+Untimely demise=Extremely dedicate following

Extremely dedicated following+Being a major release for a Nintendo console=Character in Smash

>everyone in the picture is happy-go-lucky
Doomguy makes zero sense.

It's probably one of the peak examples of a franchise that had an innocent and likable concept retooled and killed into a corporate disappointment.

Also Banjo has been requested since the Brawl days

Yeah that's true but like if it's like someone's opinion on a game, then that doesn't equal a chance in smash. A major release on a Nintendo console does equal a chance in Smash like you said.

Literally had a game 2 years ago and last year, both of which were succesful

Crash Bandicoot.

>Also Banjo has been requested since the Brawl days
Since the 64 to Melee days*

t. been waiting 20 years for this

>t. Seething Stevie S0nygger

>#1 most-requested character alongside King K. Rool and Ridley
This is false. In the Smash ballot he didn't place high.
Ridley was more requested
Bayonetta was more requested
K Rool was more requested
Snake was more requested
Inkling was more requested
Wolf was more requested
Ice Climbers were more requested
Sora was more requested

Your character got in. There's no need to lie about fan demand anymore.

And that's the ONLY thing linking all these choices together: their franchise was on a Nintendo system at some point. Emphasis on franchise, not necessarily a specific game (see Cloud).

Meet that criteria and anything else seems to be fair game.

You don't go from here. It was best to put the heaviest hitters in the middle to get everyone to buy the pass. Now that your next two characters are paid for up front they are free to put in whatever shill picks they want. Set expectations at Gen 8 Pokemon, Fire Emblem, etc and be pleasantly surprised if we get anything else

Attached: 1556792691228.jpg (320x299, 25K)

this
I was confused when he wasn't in 64 and even moreso when he wasn't in melee
then the franchise drove off a cliff

> I was confused when he wasn't in 64
Banjo was too new for the first game retard, BK only came out a month before Smash 64 in Japan

Like most other anons, Banjo was it for me.
Wouldn't mind seeing Rayman or Doom guy though.

>steve discordfags are still clinging to their bandwagon meme
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ub46uT3VN1c
Cope.

T1 Doomguy, Spyro, Crash
T2 Leon, Sora, Travis
T3 Reimu, KOS-MOS, other fighter rep (BB, GG, Tekken)

Attached: 1535654235163.jpg (783x783, 87K)

I hope you and many others aren't bullshiting so we can move on from Americans rigging Smash polls for lizards and bears, and us finally getting more diverse characters.

>rayman
>0 good games
>shit design all around
>dead as fuck, rabbids have more chances

>crash
>was never more than 7/10 games
>still would be cool since he is iconic and beloved

>spyro
>same as crash, mediocre games but beloved

Stop giving the Stevefags views and subscribers retard

>Sora was more requested
>Wolf was more requested
>Bayonetta was more requested
All the other ones I can believe, these one's I don't. Remember, "winning" the ballot was being Sakurai's selected choice out of the top votes, not actually getting the most votes.

t. Bayonetta AND Banjofag

I think he's a good representation of western 3D platformers of the 64 era and specially of back when Rareware was still around. I think we got him over other possible icons like Crash, Conker and Spyro, which are in the same genre.

Attached: 8D070B0B-BDB4-4638-8FF1-457525082B3D.jpg (731x465, 99K)

Personally, Doomguy is my last "need". I love Doom, I've been playing it all my life. It's the grandfather of all FPSes, somehow even more important that Wolfenstein 3D before it.
His iconic face, his grunts, his arsenal and his enemies, I love it all.
Smash already has an incredible amount of gaming history: Game and Watch, Pac-Man, Mario, Sonic, Donkey Kong. Having Doomguy in there would complete it for me.

That said, if he never makes it in I'd understand. I wouldn't be too upset; he seems like an odd fit. Sakurai would be make it work, of course.
We know Bethesda had talks with Nintendo. We know Doom Eternal is heading to Switch. Doomguy as some crosspromotional rabble-rousing would be a pretty good idea. Fingers crossed, huh?

Isn't snake Konami as well?

Yes. So if Assists count, they have three reps: Snake, Simon, and Bomberman.

>Bayonetta was more requested
>Sora was more requested
These are the only unrealistic ones.
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72623332
This Brawl one isn't helpful but I'll post it anyways since it's interesting.
smashboards.com/threads/characters-on-sakurais-poll.71872/

Fuck off tripfag

Banjo Kazooie is a fun game, and the diverse moveset in that game makes it very easy to convert Banjo to a Smash character. This was also the reasoning for wanting Simon Belmont.

I'm honestly pretty satisfied.

>there are Stevies in this thread who STILL act as though Banjo doesn't deserve to be in
He's in Smash, there's nothing you dumbasses can do about it. I'm doing a celebratory playthrough of Banjo-Kazooie RIGHT NOW so all of your "terrible N64 platformer" complaints are fucking void. It's fun as fuck.

He's in.

Attached: kiryu.jpg (512x512, 66K)

If Banjo had got more votes than Bayo, there was no reason for him to not choose Banjo. Phil Spencer was willing to put him in. Meanwhile, Sora got more votes than Bayonetta (and by consequence, Banjo) but negotiations didn't go well. Sakurai talks about negotiations for a certain character not going well in his book, it's very likely to be Sora. People were also heavily asking for veterans which is why they made "Everyone is here."

There's another tr4.5h thread up with the exact same fucking image but you just have to contribute to the spam for your 5 seconds of fame. You are killing this board

Well I am still hoping for Shantae to make it...
as for Banjo as awesome as this is Mcrosoft does not give a damn about him or Rare in genral look at Battletoads

Attached: 1557906229920.jpg (788x1024, 94K)

>5 seconds of fame
Yes, everyone wants to be famous, that's why we post on an anonymous image board.

>Sora fags actually believe this

>Half of those being more requested
Serious doubt

K. Rool, Snake, Wolf and possibly Inkling sure
Ridley, Sora and Bayo fuck no

He's in because Banjofags threw a fit for years and Nintendo finally decided to pander to them. Their games are still shit. The character is still a cereal box mascot. The series still sells like shit. Everything about it is still terrible and everyone who bought it should be ashamed.
Have fun being cut on Smash 6.

Attached: 1539973053423.png (749x681, 390K)

god you banjofags are the worst
>muh banjo is the best ever ever addition to smush
You know not everyone has banjo has their favorite pick right?

>Tetris is a great game, doesn't mean it should be in Smash

What are you smoking? A Tetris themed level where the blocks are dropping while you fight would amazing and people have suggested that since they found Tetris music in Brawl.

Hey faggot. You tried to use all of these bull shit reasons to stop Banjo from getting in and it didn’t work, you’re not going to shitpost him off the roster now that he’s already in. It didn’t work when you tried it with Ridley and K. Rool, it isn’t going to work now(K. Tool did get nerfed hard though). They’re in and there isn’t anything you or your discord buddies can do except cry and suck each other’s dicks, fuck off.

Everyone is getting cut in Smash 6, user.

Despite having six playable characters, the actual Zelda representation in Smash is shit. All three Links have minimal differences, Ganondorf has no magic attacks, Zelda and Sheik are basically 100% original movesets.

I'd love to see an actual Ganon, throwing tridents and fire bats.

Attached: Ganon Smash.png (1350x1139, 1.39M)

COPE

Attached: banjotronvsoptimussteve.png (395x529, 414K)

Not a Sorafag. I was laughing when Sora was deconfirmed and DQ literal who got in. Sora undeniably had more votes though. Sora's associated with the biggest anthropomorphic animal of them all. Mickey > Banjo.

Attached: DCA33767-0AF6-4449-B628-DF1350719D94.png (560x560, 94K)

Some people do, though. Not really sure what point you're trying to make here.

>If Assists count
>forgets Grey Fox

At this point the only thing holding Shantae back is the fact that she's already a Spirit.

Pretty much. It's the only thing Smash could do to wrap up western interest. I don't care what else they'll choose for the japanese audience if this happens.

This is a smash game where you can have

Mario, Sonic, Banjo, Cloud, Snake, Ryu, Simon Belmont, and Pac-Man all fight eachother

It's the greatest video game crossover of all time

>implying there'll be a Smash 6

Okay, four then. No, five, since there's Alucard.

>Sora undeniably had more votes though.
Give me proof of this. Ballots after the official one don't count.

Attached: 7ty7870.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

I'd like some actual first party reps again.

This has to all be a joke. It seriously fucking has to.
There is no way anyone cared about this fucking piece of shit for so long. God Banjofucks are worse than even the worst pokeniggers if true. One good game in a shitty genre thats only "good" because there was barely anything else to play. The crap has been dead and buried for years but they still cant let go of some stupid shovelware mascot because th played it as kids.
Banjofags have proven to easily be the absolute most autistic, mentally stunted, and despicable fanbase in video gaming. Lee needs to target you guys because of you still feel the need to shill banjo fpr so long after you should have gotten over it and grown up, then I have no reason to believe you guys have gotten over your love for barney of the trix cereal mascot despite that fact that you should have grown up long ago.
Digisting disgusting disgusting and nasty
A fucking sticky for this shit A FUCKNG STICKY for this absouletey irrelevant and garbage addition to gaming. Just some stupid piece of shit to keep retarded drooling protofurfag kids busy because their parents didn't want to have anything to do with them.
Fuck anyone and everyone who made a big deal out of this absolute waste of time. Fuck every one of you spammers. But most of all, fuck the mods for making a sticky about this stupid fucking trash of all fucking this. This isn't a video game board it's a mentally stunted snot nosed brat board. An entire roster worth of literal FE literal clones with only slight hue differences between them would be better. Literally anything would be better and more important to gaming and worth getting in than the gay overhyped duck hunt clone.

Theres nothing more overhyped than this trash in the history of the world.

Attached: 1536169152772.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

Pure fun

Imagine how shit it would be if the original plan for Smash got greenlit (original IP with Sentai-esque characters fighting).

I've agreed with this for a while. The only two problems left with Smash are the representations of Zelda and Fire Emblem. They both need more UNIQUE reps.

>Ganon, Ghirahim, Zant, Midna, Skull Kid, Aganhim, Vaati, Medli, Ruto, Darunia, etc.

>Literally any non-swordsman important character. Fuck, even someone like Tharja. Just someone that isn't 90%-70% Marth.

yeah ultimate is pretty special, it's the smash brothers my friends and I used to fantasize about.

Attached: 5173MalSuxL.jpg (323x500, 46K)

Attached: 1370726205385.jpg (573x429, 124K)

We go beyond. We go to infinity
microsoft is in the credits on smash now thanks to banjo, I wonder if Microsoft asked Sakurai about Chief at all

Attached: 658CB928-AE3D-4CFD-A8EE-189B843E915B.png (460x619, 518K)

Like Nintendo won't make one, even if they have to do it without Sakurai.

Lee?

How dare you include Banjo with actually noteworthy and important gaming franchises.

It ain't gonna happen bro, she's not not popular enough of an IP. If we really were going to get an Indie Rep it would be Reimu or Frisk.

>includes Banjo
>but not Megaman
Holy shit

Attached: next direct.jpg (982x720, 442K)

First i got Joker, now i have Banjo. I literally don't care what comes next, they could add a rep from Bad Rats and i'd still be satisfied.

>replying to obvious pasta bait

>I was laughing when Sora was deconfirmed and DQ literal who got in. Sora undeniably had more votes though.

Imagine being glad that other people didn't have fun.

Never played Kingdom Hearts and I don't give a shit about it but Sora would make hundreds of thousands of people happy so why not?

Is this actually the most retarded post on this website?

Attached: fewfewfewewf.jpg (309x400, 29K)

Isn't sora more of a playstation thing?

Imagine if mario had been sold to apple after SMB2 and all they do with it in 20 years is release hotel mario

This retards wouldnt even include mario sonic snake, cloud or ryu or simon if they could get away with it.
Their fucking retarded minds literally begins and ends with this gay cereal box mascot. They literally DO NOT give a single fuck about gaming or video games.I

wdym by sora being a playstation thing?

so are cloud, joker, and snake

>Never played Kingdom Hearts and I don't give a shit about it but Sora would make hundreds of thousands of people happy so why not?
Because I actually liked Sora, I played KH 1 and 2 to completion and watched the rest of the series online. The series went to shit and anyone that still likes it is braindead.

Still missing one

Attached: 3A4F4F0B82CA39A0CB36EFC62738FCFCD8D8D435.jpg (600x600, 49K)

>pasta bait
Dumb nigger, its not pasta, and it's not bait. It's the true, the whole truth, and nothing but the fucking truth.

>Reimu or Frisk

I honestly think Undertale has a shot with Sans or Undyne rather than the PC. Shovel Knight was the only other rep I could think of on the same level as Undertale but he's hard deconfirmed by being a Trophy.

I do think that's pretty much the only "rule" left at this point though. "We're not gonna make a Trophy into a Fighter in the same game".

Except imagine the hype if they release a trailer with an Assist Trophy or Pokéball wiggling and then breaking open to reveal a character got promoted into a Fighter.

yeah bomberman should definitely have been playable over the likes of fuckin piranha plant or dark pit

Attached: 69574CE2-93DC-4D28-BF57-171F5870331B.png (301x261, 169K)

Or maybe it's because there's only 8 characters that can be in a match at once? Retards.

He's the "would've should've could've" of video games.

There's 3 Sega reps now, 3 Capcom, 3 Konami, 2 SE, only 1 for Namco and Microsoft.

Christ
it would almost certainly be Waluigi
which honestly on some level I'd want just so that Wario has his friend

steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Attached: 688B43F5-A7D5-447A-9275-FE83DA6C6F3E.png (1330x758, 220K)

Then Banjo should be removed from that match and Megaman should be added.

Nope Bomberman does not matter
only some dead piece of shit 1 game wonder matters. Not anything of any actual worth.

All you Steve kids need to stop crying to be honest, Banjo got in and there's nothing you can do about that, just accept it and move on.

3 is better than 2 though.

Metal Gear started on a Nintendo platform.
Final Fantasy started on a Nintendo platform.
Persona's root series started on Nintendo platform.

You would never see Parappa, Ape Escape or Medievil in smash, why would you see Kingdom Hearts?

Not him but adding Pinky Pie would also make lots of people happy, doesn’t mean these people should be indulged.

There's none as the level of Banjo, Ridley and K. Rool, but I would like to see Porky Minch in a future Smash.
He's a first party, an important character in his series (main villain of 2 games of the trilogy) and have potential for an interesting moveset.

Attached: porkor.jpg (1193x1280, 461K)

Reimu is popular in Japan yes but not enywhere else have you even seen how little people play touhu in america?
who knows at this pint Grant Krihope straigth up lied to keep Banjo as a secret

Attached: 8d4.png (680x647, 308K)

C O P E
O
P
E

Then replace banjo with megaman, oh wait actual video game series dont matter. So cut mario sonic ryu cloud snake pacman and simon and why not just have all 8 be banjo alts?
Yeah

Fun games with a lot of personality and a bumping soundtrack

Reimu has a greater following than DQ does in the west so that hardly means anything.

>final 2 slots are Namco and Microsoft again
>Steve actually gets in

What makes Piranha plant a good fighter, you stupid faggot? Every single move we've seen from Banjo is a reference to a move from his game.

>minecraft
>kids
unironically go back to reddlt

Steve isn't getting in anytime soon, but that would be cool I guess.

>total non vidya character unless you count the shovelware children's TV shows get
>dead meme killed by creepy autistic furries
>comparable to Kingdom Hearts

Good point.

See? There's no point in even predicting anymore, just hoping and/or praying.

I see you're one of them Stevefags

2 slots.....

SOON

Attached: steve 13.png (435x637, 299K)

>What makes Piranha plant a good fighter, you stupid faggot? Every single move we've seen from Banjo is a reference to a move from his game.

Everything Piranha Plant has is also a reference to a move from a game.

Plant's Side B is the only Paper Mario representation in the game other than Spirits

The only problem with Minecraft reps are shitposters.

Millions of autistic children would love a Minecraft rep and at this point they can have one.

The shitposters are fun though

Well now we know the next fighter is going to be some worthless shit with no importance or legacy or worth to keep in line with banjo getting in so that narrows things down since few game series are as worthless

As far as being cringe inducing to watch, they’re very comparable, but you’re right I guess Pinky Pie isn’t a video game character.

I get that Banjo is a western character, but you do know he was popular in Japan's polls, right? He was always at least in top 20. That being said, why would you think a western character that isn't even on Japan's radar would get in? I'm looking at you, Doomguy fans.

Steve, unironically. Why Nintendo decided to put in a fucking dead bear that only people in nursing homes would recognize over him is beyond me.

Can we get a first party already? I don't like the idea that none of the poorly represented franchises will get improved.

Attached: clobbered.png (950x596, 178K)

Master Chief is all that comes to mind

twitter.com/franklez/status/1076911083909132289

Based and redpilled, like it should be.

I never played Banjo’s games because I never had an N64, but I wish I could on my switch. The character seems very likable, and I’m happy for banjobros. The only character I want is Waluigi, then I would probably only ask for fixes to online and some minor fixes.

Former Nintendo IP.

I can't see them adding a side character from any first party game, that's more of a base roster thing. If we do get a new first party character, it'll be a protag.

>As far as being cringe inducing to watch, they’re very comparable

I don't give a shit about KH but it seems like pretty generic animu melodrama with Disney worlds thrown in. Nowhere close to brony autism.

German Amazon is listing a Banjo game for Switch. Might be a port.

I honestly don’t know. Ultimate can’t be topped. It’s crazy to believe there are still 2 slots left. By the time this is over, there will be no significant characters left to add to Smash. Meaning, Smash 6 will be inferior to Ultimate, even if it retains the entire roster, because it wouldn’t have the same hype reveals as it.

This is it. It’s the end.

Only place the franchise can go imo, is spinoffs. Smash vs Capcom as a new IP sounds good.

People overhype just how "cringy" KH is because their favorite Youtuber says so. It's just shamelessly serious despite the source material of a lot of the content.

Reminder that anyone who says X should have gotten over Banjo is a falseflagger. This happened with K. Rool too. Shitposters can't use their memes anymore with those characters, so they go for another target to start shit with.

I grew up with it.

The only other western character that even has a shot at this point is Crash. He's high on our ballot and their's.

Attached: 1560271310386.png (1980x1080, 2.28M)

Bought Banjo-Kazooie in 98 with my brothers the same day we adopted our first cat. We named him Banjo. He lived to be 18. I was 4 when it came out. One of my earlier memories, the earliest being watch my brothers take turns playing Sonic on our Sega. Middle brother ruined it all by cutting open a beanie baby and pooring the beads into the cartridge slot to hide the deed due to shame.

>It's just shamelessly serious despite the source material of a lot of the content.

Good then. Fuck how everything has to be ironic nowadays. The characters don't know it looks stupid for Sebastien from The Little Mermaid to do Alas Poor Yorick shit or whatever they do in KH.

Banjo is not a Microsoft rep. He’s not representing Xbox. At best he’s representing Rareware, which used to be a 2nd party dev for Nintendo. Meaning, Banjo USED to be a Nintendo character. Thus, Banjo is as much Nintendo as Diddy and Pikachu. Only legally does he carry the Microsoft name, but in spirit he’s just like the rest of the 1st party cast.

I thought KH was cringy before youtubers even existed. Just the premise alone would make one cringe

Go to bed Timmy. Your mother says you can’t stay on the computer past 10.

have sex

Hey Lee. Where's your image? Don't tell me you're half-hearting it.

Don’t worry. Your mom will take care of that as soon as you run off to bed. Now shut the computer off.

Nigger shut up
No your gay feelings cant override facts
It's not only a westernshit franchise but it isn't Nintendo. It's not in the same spirit as japanese franchises even if it was owned by nintendo, and the fact is its not owned by nintendo.
Imagine having to lie to prop your trash series up with actual proper video game series. Oh yeah you have to with Banjo because the trash cant stand on its own merits, so you have to cling onto the backs of better and actaully important series.

I literally couldn’t watch most of the cutscenes in KH3, even though I was alone in my house I still felt embarrassed to be watching.
>Woody:”You will be with us Sora.”
>Sora:*anime confused face* huh?”
>Woody:”You will always be... in our hearts”
>Buzz nods while Sora makes an anime smile
Maybe I just have PTSD from the intensity of the cringe but I’m pretty sure an exchange exactly like that happened at least 3 times in the Toy Story chapter alone. Although KH3 was by far the worst of the trilogy so maybe I’m being unfair to the series by focusing on it, it’s just the one I played the most recently.

Attached: 1542748745793.png (658x466, 24K)

oh god it was atrocious
the disney shit has to stop, it was charming at first but it's seriously outstayed its welcome with all the wacky Nomura edge shenanigans
either drop the serious plot or disney and you can't choose neither
one has to go

Dilate.

#
#
#
>d-disney is always cringe it’s not the developers fault! They’re working with what they have
Look at this scene and compare it with literally anything from KH
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1efSqdKAeYI
And then compare the subsequent song with this cringe kino
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ngSPb8S5ODc

Those kids will have to wait 20 years, just like all autists before them.

Well guys what are his spirits gonna be?
gruntilda, jinjo, and jiggie obviously
what are the others

Attached: bnjo.gif (249x187, 3.24M)

You're invited, user

Attached: file.png (1919x926, 262K)

Not to mention do you really want Disney cut throat Jew tactics anywhere near smash?is it? have seen how much the repeat the same words in so many cutscenes that feel like you had this conversation before...

Hopefully it’s only Banjo/Rare stuff. Keep the Minecraft shit out.

I’d love to see Conker, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, and the Battle Toads get something.

We know Blast Corps and JFG have spirits.

isn't it more likely to be spirits from the banjo games rather than rare stuff?

Attached: bsrjrthnk.jpg (194x260, 8K)

oh ignore then
how do we know that?

They were datamined ages ago.

You can't just forget about me like that

Attached: mumbo.jpg (225x225, 10K)

cuphead

>his final smash isnt mumbo turning him into a jet and suicide bombing his opponent

Attached: drake.jpg (640x960, 97K)

Hope Gruntilda becomes an assist that hast personalized insults based on whoever she is targeting

Attached: e1e (1).jpg (370x1600, 95K)

If Crono is now impossible to get in, I want him in.

Attached: TB.jpg (480x272, 30K)

did joker get any items added?

At this point, there’s barely any truly iconic characters left that don’t already have series representation.
>Dante
>Leon
>Doom Guy
>Master Chief
>Ryu Hayabusa

>here's anyone else on the same level as Banjo.
I assume you mean in terms of being requested for Smash.

Give how even Square has a second rep, and Ultimate is going to have a long life span, and Sakurai is even stepping outside of his comfort zone with more western stuff in Smash (he even talks about his hesitance to get Kirkhope to do music), I would say Chief has a good shot. Of course, there is the fact that Namco has literally one rep, but we'll have to see where that goes.

Attached: Samus_Master_Chief2.jpg (676x874, 602K)

Grant Kirkhope deconfirmed Banjo too. And he made the Spiral Mountain remix so you can't even say he wouldn't know anything. Plus Frank has lied in the past, people can lie under NDA.

I could see them maybe sneaking in a few non-Banjo Rare spirits for the regular Spirit Board stuff, like with Peachette or the Labo stuff

>(he even talks about his hesitance to get Kirkhope to do music)
He definitely made the right call, the spiral mountain remix is flawless

I'm talking over the course of 20 fucking years, retard. Not one poll.

From the trailer, it looks like she's part of the stage. Hopefully she can spew insults at whoever's fighting as a stage 'hazard'.

Attached: Art-gordon-greybg.jpg (240x240, 12K)

look I know smash goes hard after the main character heros but for RE and tiller games I think Nemesis is way more iconic than every single protagonist.
Also think about it horror games are the olny genere that has not had a representative (date sims already have one) and for that in peculiar the Villians are more loved than the heroes So Nemesis, Magician or Kusabi are the only 3 choices.
but thaat is just my argument against Leon

don't do this, user

Attached: morganfeelsman.png (704x956, 86K)

Who's Kusabi?

This and master chief. All these meme’d newcomers aren’t even that cool.

Now I want a drawing of Pearl from splatoon getting her ass handed by Gruntilda in an insult rap battle, Funiest part if Gruntilda did not knew what a rap battle was until it begun.

Attached: 143px-Pearl.png (143x249, 42K)

doom is one of the founding pillars of the FPS genre. the fact that it's doing well now is no short of a miracle, especially with bethesda in charge.

it'd be the perfect time with eternal coming out on switch as well.

If he didn't get in from being highly requested, why'd he get in at all? Just because? It's not like he has any future games coming out any time.

I don't think anyone particularly likes Banjo that much, he's a pretty generic mascot hero character.

It's Kazooie that makes it genius. Every new platformer hero after B-K ripped off the idea of having a witty sidekick literally built into the character and spewing hilarious semi-adult commentary about the colorful kid-friendly action going on. See Jak&Daxter, Ratchet&Clank and so on. Even Nintendo got in on the action, shifting to a trend of sarcastic sidekicks built into Link - Tatl, Midna, Fi.

They also just have a really good design, especially the colors. And of course, Banjo-Kazooie is a classic game.

Attached: B-KAlpha.png (1600x1472, 807K)