Attached: streaming.png (480x604, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ydvXuuGlG-E
a.uguu.se/y2RlSHNsfgFp_1554317405449.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=FWqSODoookc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>playing games on your phone
>ever

Attached: 1522685165850.jpg (542x540, 27K)

thats some hard hitting journalism right there

They do realise that data plans are form of artificial scarcity, right? ISPs can snap their fingers and grant an exception for data streamed to Google's servers just as many platforms exclude facebook for data allocations.

Until they can fix the input lag, this isn't the future.

>playing games on stadia
>ever

>not having unlimited data plan
What shithole is the writer from?

Sound like it's time to upgrade your plan then.

So what? They aren't going to actually do it.

What is the point of streaming video games? I don't understand why you wouldn't just buy a console or PC if you wanted to play games. Can someone who is looking forward to Stadia explain why?

>Jewish corporations want to wrest control away from the consumer
>didn't account for poorfags
It rhymes, it's like poetry.

Attached: 1557256870335.jpg (345x336, 214K)

>streaming anything while not being on wifi
Only a special kind of retard does this

This, but if they really did manage to build a time machine I'd put lagless game streaming pretty low on the priority list for the use of the tech.

Uh, unlimited plans are like 60 bucks a month. How poor is this nigger

It's 25€ where I live

Unlimited plans are 20 bucks a month. Heavily depends on location, but yeah stadia will be a huge joke.

Because you can play the same games on your pc, console, phone, tv, tablet, refrigerator. Its multi platform.

IT USES 9 GB TO PLAY... FOR ONE HOUR

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

Do you guys not have unlimited data?

Attached: DYN.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Redpill me on bandwidths Yea Forums.

Is a future with millions of people streaming their games feasible? I thought bandwdth costs money and I don't think ISP's will take this without sayig "oh you want good internet, pay us triple the normal amount goy". Plus lets say it took off and millions of people started playing on the same time, think of it like prime time. Won't this strain the servers, crashing them or making games lag to the point of making them unplayable?

This feels like a tech for richfags who in the first place have no issue buying all the latest consoles and building a good rig.

America, the "land of the free".

I feel like Stadia is aimed at developing countries.

Their wages are shit and the newest console gen (and PC hardware) is often not available until years later.

But since their development started late, any improvements in infrastructure tends to be state of the art. Like internet.

It's why developing countries like Romania give you 1Gb/s up to 10Gb/s internet, with no data cap, for as little as 10€ a month.

So now with that internet, they can bridge the gap of acquiring hardware (that is often even more expensive due to import taxes and tariffs, the PS3 was like $1,200 for the longest time in Brazil, a nation with average wages of like maybe $500 per month) by just streaming them.

To make it short: Stadia is a product for the second and third world. Not for developed countries.

Damn what service? I gave gay-t&t

Why is everyone pushing hard into this tech all at the same time when it doesn't work?

>use Stadia to stream 4k footage
>spend upwards 5 Terabyte of bandwith to finish a single game

ISPs are going to fucking love the Stadia.

t.zoomer addicted to the internet.

Some places don't even offer true unlimited plans

ISPs need to get MaBelle'd, pronto

Name one (1) game that's so good that you cannot patiently wait until you are at home and play on your PC that you have to play on your phone and tablet like a literal child.

I have 1 GB of data a year. one

It's tech for parents, who think they can save a buck with a gaming Netflix for their kids.

Even "unlimited" plans almost always get throttled once you start using too much bandwidth. It depends on the ISP how much is too much though.

Why would to stream 4k to a fucking phone?

you fucks realize that most unlimited data is like 25gb of unthrottled speed. then after 25gb, it goes to 2g shit speed

They can't afford to miss out once internet infrastructure advances to the inevitable point in time that it does work and works well.
Might as well get in early even when its all still clunky and establish your name.

lol i pay for the minimum 2GB plan and have never gone over the plan. Is there no wifi where you live and work?

Stadia isn't just for phones, you Einstein.

lmao I only pay 40 bucks a month and get unlimited data.

This is why I don't get the hype surrounding 5G. Sure you get fast download speeds but what the fuck is the point with all these jewish data caps?

>Data cap

Attached: daveyboy.png (500x812, 681K)

/thread

you probably never leave your house too so you can always use wifi or pc
that or staying inside your whole life made you so disconnected from the real world that you dont even have to bother with social media like instagram or snapchat
have sex nerd virgin

>mfw data is literally endless and jews still charge exorbitant prices for ridiculously limited amounts

>internet infrastructure advances to the inevitable point in time that it does work and works well.
Take internet out of the equation, games are already bottlenecked by the latency between the console and a local screen. They don't just need to improve infrastructure in order to have this, they need some kind of temporal wormhole that allows them to send data a few seconds into the past.

If they can charge a bit extra for a "Gaming Plan" they sure as hell will.

There's technical and logistical hurdles right now, but all it's going to take is one game with enough pull to launch as a stream-only game, then it's all over. Doesn't even matter how good it or the streaming service is. If GTAVI, for instance, were released on Stadia, and nowhere else, how much do you really think that would impact sales for the game?

the point of this is that some people dont have the machines capable of running these games. streaming(in theory) should allow people the ability to play 4k max graphics games on a small affordable device, or on the phone. its not impatience. itll never work though. isp's are evil

Most services in Denmark advertise that they do not count data between Facebook, iTunes and other services on your data plan. They may decide to sell you the ability to stream from stadia outside of your data plan, or include it in your plan, most likely at a raised price or as an incentive to attract new customers.
The suggestion he made was perfectly valid and is more than likely going to take off if stadia improves and gains traction.
I guess you might live in a shithole that is unlikely to enjoy such things in the near future. Guess we'll 'beta-test' it for you.

lard data caps are pathetic

The only places that benefits from datacap are small towns and villages with only one (1) small radio tower.

>GamesIndustry: Goo-goo Gah-gah

Not everyone lives outside a kleptocracy. Here in the US ISPs have their own fiefdoms as they've signed non-compete agreements with each other so the territory is mapped out. Plus net neutrality was stricken down (remember all those edgy teenagers gloating about owning the libtards) so it's only going to get worse here.

Attached: 1537077746236.jpg (540x540, 46K)

nope, I stay in the real world not social media garbage. in case you haven't noticed instagram isn't the real world.

Attached: 1559664149068.jpg (599x470, 170K)

You do know "unlimited" data gets throttled right?

they're going to push this kind of shit more and more and harder inside the player's ass because this way they have even more control over everything
fuck stream ape gaming

>datacap
Cringe third world country.

If you have a data limit it's a issue but if you can go on a WiFi source remote consoles and streaming plateforms are great. Especially if you travel alot

this

it's a nigger thing

it's trendy and will die as soon as fortnite heat dies

Then I guess you won't be using Stadia. I don't understand the problem.

If I had a money I would invest a lot into game streaming because that's literally the future and we're all gonna be using it 20 years from now.

mobile faggots

"unlimited", with bonus throttling after a certain point.

>playong games all day in your safe space is real world
ok lol tard if you didnt notice everyone uses instagram in 2019 except for your chubby ass nerd

-posted from an iphone on 4g with unlimited data n

Attached: D21BB2C8-64BF-4F60-9303-15F4E05CF638.png (189x221, 48K)

Data caps are an Amerilard only thing.
And I'm talking about data caps on HOME internet, not mobile data

Most people don't want to spend money on good PC hardware. But you can stream the highest quality graphics on your mums ipad if you'd like.

How about you stop being poor?

Based

>system designed to save people buying costly hardware
>costs more than the hardware anyway
>"durr just have more money!"
Are you actually retarded?

>unlimited*
*speeds will be reduced to 250kbps after reaching data cap of 25GB for the remaining billing cycle.

Why do journalists spin articles to be about the author instead of the topic?

Attached: 1555079116824.png (1330x1274, 689K)

Dude my smartphone plan only gives me 100MB of data per month

Attached: s_sd.jpg (1000x1000, 138K)

poor bait

GTA San Andreas and Android Doom source ports

Unless it's free - you're overpaying

Retards have literally forgotten wifi exists

It is the future, because only a minority of people even know what the term input lag means.

So this is the power of USA.
AHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

It is the next "___ is gonna kill consoles and maybe PC!" thing we have at the last generation. It was mobile games before and it is now this.

without
>latency issues
>limited data issues
This is actually a great idea.
Let's say you spend $25 in total every month for all of the different streaming services and it grants you access to every single game ever with the highest possible settings.
It's only $300 a year, and it's much cheaper than building a PC that can only be access on a monitor.

Where is the lie?

Data caps exist

yeah no

Attached: IYi3EUEA0Ks.jpg (960x201, 22K)

I’m a complete tech illiterate. Why would you be able to stream a game at a higher quality than the device can normally handle? The graphics card still has to render everything, no?

If you're streaming a fucking game on mobile data you're an uberretard.

Not a problem if you aren't poor user.

no
the device just 'plays' the content

To my understanding it's like a video file that you control, it isn't being rendered in real time on the device

Why the fuck wouldn't you just buy the hardware if you have money?

Google is playing the long con. You have 10GB today but in the future you'll have more and then Stadia will be more relevant.

>muh latency
This isn't for people like you. You'll keep buying RGB GPUs and unironic game boxes and that's fine. This is to capture those who won't.

5G is a population-suppression system.

Kys, flatearther.

It’s like how you can watch Pixar movies on your phone but sure as hell wouldn’t be able to render them

To put it simple like this.
You have high end PC,
your friend is using wireless bluetooth controller to control and play on your PC,
Your pc will stream the screen to his phone's screen,
Now, he's playing like he's owning a high end PC.

Remember google glass? Remember googles self driving car? Remember google smart phones? Just let them parade around until it dies.

I have a 1GB of data a month and I never get close to using all of it who the fuck needs 10

So my ISP has a cap as well. Its 1 TB. So its pretty big and I dont ever go over it typically. But I can see something like this going over

you'd rather pay 300$~ a year instead of owning the hardware and the games that you're paying for?
yeah dude stadia sounds like a fantastic idea

Wait, unlimited mobile internet exists? I never heard of any being uncapped. Only home internet is unlimited where I live, mandated by law.

>you Einstein
t. boomer bully from shitty 80s comedy

Attached: 1560323503158.png (800x800, 26K)

>data caps
fucking third-worlders

>using (((google))) stadia in the first place
then you deserve all the kikery inflicted upon you

isn't that completely the opposite? the only people who have internet and bandwidth options good enough to run stadia consistently is those of the first world

Oh, I get it now. Thanks user.

it was available widely when 3G kicked off

everyone and their mother had those GSM USB modems with unlimited internet

but the jews did that so people got addicted and now most mobile plans have caps

You can buy a gaming pc for $400-500 and that will last you several years.

Rent-a-life subs exist to milk big brain smart people like yourself.

>a bunch of jobless neets that never leave the house and are always connected to their wifi never hit their data cap
Gee who could have guessed

>hurr muh unlimited plan
It's not a matter of being poor, people want simple things ro remain cheap. I pay 9€ a month for 20gb of internet on my phone (including the usual "internet still works but slower" when you run outh) - i never consume even half of that, so i have simply no reason to double or triple my expenses just in case gaming companies go full retard

The "point" is to make games more "accessible" and "platform independent".
The reality however is that the games industry Jews want more control over the consumer. Full stop.

In Fingolia they're actually making the "lol foreigners don't have unlimited data and we have them even on prepaid" the central point of their marketing
youtube.com/watch?v=ydvXuuGlG-E

Spoken like a true phone addict

Hey fuck you

You wish, a decent GPU alone is already on the $400-500 range, let alone one that would last for years.

>Games as a service
>Streaming games
Literally B A S E D!!!!!!!

Why the fuck do you buy a 20gb contract if you never even use half. If you care about saving money then get the 10gb package

Gamers don't have "thoughts," user, only memes.

The correct answer is that, as AMD just showed, GPU's are ridiculously overpriced, meaning that PC gaming in general is overpriced. This prices PC's out. Consider also that consoles themselves are expensive. PS5 and Scorpio will cost $500 at launch if you're lucky, but realistically closer to $600.
Now compare both of those options to streaming. $15/month is all it takes to give little Timmy his gaming fix? Are you telling me that for just $15 a month, Chad can play the games he was dropping $60 on to play for an hour (because they of course they get boring)? Playing on phones might be a stretch, but for the home, you better believe there's a big market that is willing to stream video games.

I think more and more streaming is one more ecodisaster to add to the pile, we're really great at destroying our environment.

It's the Google Glass of the decade.
I just hope the devs they bribed for exclusive games actually release the games elsewhere. Otherwise we might lose actual quality stuff behind a shit service.

*zoomer and Indian thing

Black people bring out Switches or entire TVs and consoles.

Google is more of a "do first, ask who's the audience later"

>mfw i got wifi at work

Attached: smug.jpg (300x300, 59K)

It was a special offer, before i paid almost the same amount (8€) for a plan that only included 4gb of internet, which of course i used to run out of much more easily

>break up monopoly isp like bell telephone
>they all eventually merge back together
That shit ain't gonna work.

You get some you lose some.
With streaming services, you get to play every single game you want, on anywhere you wanted.
With PC, you can only play on your PC, and every game you wanted to play, you have to buy it, which will easily add up to more than $300 a year with only 5 AAA games bought.

I will only oppose the idea when they stop releasing game for your PC and only put it on streaming services exclusively.
Otherwise, alternative options are always welcomed.

>gaming pc
>$400-500
>Running Very High Settings
Yeah, no.
Maybe in your dream, kiddo.

yikes how ugly are you?
i bet you had a child in your early 20's, failure lmao

Is there anything to do in Finland except sitting on the phone tho

The "point" is to make games more "accessible" and "platform independent".
The reality however is that the games industry Jews want more control over the consumer.

>that user that starts up stadia for some comfy bedtime gaming, and an hour later realizes he forgot to reconnect to his home wifi
can't wait

Attached: 1534482801042.jpg (640x633, 42K)

Holy shit

Attached: laugh 5.jpg (150x150, 5K)

There are bandwidth limits. There's infrastructure needed you can't just arbitrarily remove data caps and expect everything to function the same.

Alcohol, video games and existential crisis.
a.uguu.se/y2RlSHNsfgFp_1554317405449.webm

What about games like stardew valley?
How would it use 9GB per hour if its a 300MB game?

Most apps nowadays allow you to not connect if you're on data though.

More or less, yes. More static and "predictable" video compress better so that particular game would use less than say a shooting game, but still in the same ballpark.

>Vega56
>$200-250 in sell off sales
>runs every game on earth @2k max
>going to be usable for a decade thanks to HBM and vulkan
being a goy is a personal choice bro

Do GBA emulators count? I do pokemon emerald because Im bored to shit at work when I can.

>Convenience vs download
>Higher Frame Rate (vs console)
>Better Graphics
>Ability to play anywhere
>Less things to move around
>No upfront cost
Off the top of my head
I'm not getting one but everyone is screaming about how retarded it is to pay monthly just to play your games and STILL have to actually buy them
Xbox, Sony and Nintendo are all doing that you idiots.

Best part about this screaming is that you don't even have to pay to play your Stadia games unless you want 4k.

>hurr how streaming works

playing on 1080p faggot, it doesn't matter what is on the screen

Again, not getting one but people also thought SmartPhones were a stupid idea
Everyone said that would never take off either

How about this
>Steal the graphic cards and shits
>Pirate every game
>Literally $0
PC Wins again, baby!!

ISPs are bottlenecked via local and county governments.
The federal govt needs to simply use the commerce clause to enforce equal access to all ISPs across the country. The local and county governments should not be involved at all. If there is an existing telephone pole, any ISP should be allowed to run their own line on said pole.
It's really this fucking simple of a fix. All of the area monopolies are because of companies like Comcast/AT&T lobbying local governments to prevent competitors from entering the area.
Personal example:
My city has no restrictions on ISPs, we have AT&T, Comcast and a regional ISP. My regional ISP provides 1gbps for $80/month (Comcast and AT&T of course have similar price packages). My city has consistently been among the fastest internet speed in the area over the years.
One city over (one street from my house) has only Comcast, because the local government there has banned any new ISPs from setting up their own networks. My friend's options are 8mbps/16mbps/35mbps, with 35mbps being $70/month.
This is exactly because the city refuses to allow competitors into their city limits.
The REALLY interesting thing is that my brother in law works for the regional ISP I have access to, and he has talked about how much the ISP wants to move into the city that has banned competitiors to Comcast because the market is an upper middle class city with a lot of potential disposable income. They can't even offer basic cable.

So this is the core problem with American ISPs. It's literally a situation of feckless and shady local governments taking bribes from national corporations to prevent any kind of competition.
If there were any situation where the commerce clause applied, it'd be the ISP problem in America.

The speed of light will always be a hindrance for these types of revolutionary gaming schemes. Input from your controller to the pc to the server to the game to the server again back to your screen will always have a delay. Its fucking physically impossible to remove it. No amount of download or upload speed will ever improve it, that doesn't affect your ping. It'll be a issue way into the future until we invent data transfer faster than light. Perhaps quantum physics will change the data game in the future though.

People will likely get hyped up about stadia because they don't know any better, it sounds great. They'll soon realize that the game feels weird, different from past experiences with videogames and stadia will be another forgotten streaming service and another forgotten innovative idea from google.

Maybe for you cucks but I downloaded over 1 TB last month and nothing happend

you also don't need to worry about your library as much, ps4 games can only be played on a ps4 for example
streaming games can be played theoretically on everything

>speed of light
This kills the streaming jew.

hahahha
>an app in a screen is now a relevant platform

stadia shills are retarded

stadia will fail and you will lose your job

Ehh, I think it's fine.

Cope console fags.

Speed of light is pretty fast my dude. No noticable lag from it on Earth.

>runs every game on earth @2k max

This is a lie.

It REALLY depends on how bad the input lag is. Anything less than 200ms is salvageable and anything less than 100ms is hardly noticeable. If we can get below 20ms, we could probably play fighting games without much effort.

Depends on the ISP.

See my post here
This is another thing I forgot to mention in that post, so thanks for reminding me.
Due to having competition between 3 ISPs in my city, none of the ISPs throttle data, they all state it explicitly in their advertisements. That's because when Comcast and AT&T announced they were going to begin throttling in our area a few years ago, the regional ISP did an advertising blitz that stated they'd never throttle. Probably got a lot of people to switch and both Comcast and AT&T backed off on their stated plans to begin throttling.
My friend in the next city over though does have to deal with throttling, because Comcast has no competition there.

What exactly were they expecting? Streaming in general drains a lot of data, did they think that Stadia was going to be an exception?

D O A

How did Yea Forums go so low?

Yes light travels extremely fast, but the input for videogames needs to feel almost instant. It'll always be delayed by miliseconds. Most American internet infrastructure is is still on copper wiring too which doesn't travel at the speed of light.

Depending on where you are located and where the nearest stadia servers are, it could be very likely that your data won't even travel through fiber connections the whole route, it'll travel through the copper wire and the fiber. The speed of light is just the best case scenario for the foreseeable future, but still flawed for the results you would want from these videogame streaming services. I'd expect results will vary wildly depending on where you live.

Do you know how much the speed of light in a vacuum is?
roughly 300000KM/s.
>300000 KILOMETERS IN A SINGLE BLOODY SECOND.
Put that into perspective.

I am no expert in the field of telecommunication but I am certain it is not the speed of light that contributes heavily to the delay as the distance that the signal has to travel through is minuscule assuming it travels at close to the speed of light through whatever mediums the signal travels through.
Instead it is the all the equipment that the signal has to pass through and be processed by that contributes heavily to the latency.

The signal/information is not going directly from A to B, instead your packets hop through so many different junctions until they finally arrive at their final destination.
At each junction some processing is involved which adds to the delay.

Unirronically medieval 2 on Windows tablet

Dude, people noticed a 21ms jump in input lag from SSBB to SSBU youtube.com/watch?v=FWqSODoookc

so you really think people won't notice the input lag on streaming?
It's not just going from your controller to the console either, this can't be fixed with a patch, this will be inherent to the technology. Say you even get a consistent, butter smooth 20ms, you're still talking about a MINIMUM of 40ms from the moment your thumb presses a button until you see your character make their reaction.
Note that this is removing the controller latency, and is ignoring the fact that internet congestion is not stable.
People will outright refuse to play many games online because of shitty netcode, and yet you think they'll be okay with every single one of their games having the same problems as many multiplayer titles?

It's just not going to happen. I've thrown out third party controllers I bought in an attempt to save a few bucks because of input lag. Input lag is just not like any other technical issue out there either, because the human mind can sense these minor changes and delays so well that even with VR, many people get nauseous/headaches if they okay for too long because the input lag messes with their head.
The speed of light is literally the problem here. But it's also pretty funny, and maybe there is a benevolent God up there somewhere, because it almost seems like he designed the universe to cock block the streaming Jew.

Not for Americans or Australians at least.

I wish I could bet on this retarded fad failing. Because I'd put my entire life savings into that bet and come out a millionaire.

>Playing video games for over an hour

Attached: 1499607299813.png (628x818, 574K)

Why do you need to seek validation from anonymous skin cells? Just do you and stop caring

The human eye can only register 140p so it's fine

Phone data caps? Does this dude live in Somalia or the Early 00s?
I haven't had data caps for a decade and I get 100Mbs on my phone

based and heavyweaponsguypilled

>Higher Frame Rate (vs console)
>Better Graphics
Has literally nothing to do with whether a game is streamed or not.

Yeah, people noticed a 20% increase in lag on a fighting game with frame-perfect systems, but the total lag is only an average of 100ms and it only takes an hour or two to get used to it. Smash Ultimate is fun and playable even with that lag and a streamed game with 100ms lag would be the same until you get into more timing-sensitive games.

>better graphics
this is Onlive all over again

>they do realize that data plans are a form of artificial scarcity
>ISPs can snap their fingers and grant an exception
You do realize that there are physical limits to the amount of data that can sent. Cables have a max potential bandwidth and towers require power for coverage. This means that they can't just will a better connection into existence. The reason they create those deals is that typically
A) They're a type of technology that necessitates a fast lane. Shit like telemedicine and video streaming is going to require a higher priority on larger amounts of packets being sent than say, your text-only e-mail, so they need to set shit up for it to be able to work.
B) Signing on a deal for free access to user means that more people will sign onto the carrier's service, and they'll typically get a certain amount of money for each sign up onto the content they made accessible for free. The hope for the carrier is that this ends up paying off the increased usage and then some.
Networks are not infinite. The Internet is not a big truck

Attached: 1560168570171.png (1280x720, 828K)

>American internet

Not even once