Luigi's Mansion 3

I wanted it to be closer to Luigi's mansion 1 Yea Forumsros, it hurts....
It'll probably still be fun, but not what i wanted

Attached: untitled-1-1560269315475_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q6p-3VwcD6c&t=893s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it looks like a healthy mix of the two

the new portrait ghosts look more expressive in this style. i just hope we get a good variety of enemies and release date

get gooigied

Attached: 1560295737617.jpg (960x960, 207K)

i'm glad it's not completely like 1, since that game was barebones as fuck.

luigi's mansion fans are the biggest autists in vidya, even worse than smash fans

lm3 looks phenomenal and the first one was a forgettable 3 hours long gamecube tech showcase, stop trying to meme it as a classic

>you can't like something that i don't like !
okay
Also, it's nice to see new gameplay, but the atmosphere is so different. I like the almost-spooky but still for children aspect of the first one. Since Dark moon, it's just Casper

I think it looks fantastic

Attached: Switch_LuigisMansion3_E3_screen_048.png (1920x1080, 2.3M)

The artsyle has been put in line with Mario Odyssey as the new franchise standard. That's easy to see.

I'm a huge fan of LM; I play the game at least 3 times a year because it's so enjoyable, However it would be silly to stick to a darker, grittier artstyle like the first game when you're putting it in the same world as Odyssey.

Cohesion>Idealized setting.

Also we are talking about videogames from a company infamous for catering to children.

I guess you're right... I hope i'll change my mind when i'll play it

fake gamer boy detected

I'm so happy the good version of King Boo continues to exist.

People have some weird nostalgia for LM1.

Play it again. It's fucking shit, short and nothing more than a tech demo.

>this how a Switch game can look with proper art direction and perfect understanding of the hardware
Game Freak has no fucking excuse.

Attached: 1551221145768.png (485x579, 330K)

The trailer and demo they played look great. It's so expressive and animated.

amazing how this and their other big titles look so fucking polished, yet pokemon looks like a massive piece of shit despite being the most successful franchise.

Never thought I'd be happy to see mirrors again.

I can't believe I'm saying it but even Three Houses looks better than Pokémon does now.

Zoom zoom zoom

>working mirror
Nintendo just BTFO'd the whole industry

I have no respect for pokemon fans. Gamefreak are a joke

>t. didn't play LM1

Honestly, the biggest thing that killed 2 for me was not having ghaysts with personalities. I liked finding the different ghosts from different sections of the mansion with unique styles and then having to figure out their gimmick to take them out.

From the trailer for 3, it does look like that's back and it's not entirely level based, which is good since that was my second complaint.

never played a luigis mansion but this does look pretty good, are they fun bros?

I don't like the new art style, it feels much too sterile and generic.

did you watch the gameplay you fuckin spastic?

>mirror

This is bait

I refuse to believe anyone on Yea Forums is unironically a fan of these games

Next Level Games worked on the 3DS as well as Game Freak. It's not as if going from handheld development to console development is some impossible task.

Stop liking thing.

My biggest problem is that any semblance of spookiness seems to be completely gone.
>inb4 Luigi's Mansion was never scary!
That's why i used the term spookiness. I'm talking about aesthetic more than anything.

Attached: Switch_LuigisMansion3_E3_screen_013.png (1920x1080, 2.61M)

Luigi's Mansion 1 feels a bit like Resident Evil 2 but for children, with a big playground with backtracking when you get keys items. It feels a bit darker that mario games, with no lights in a room until you beat the ghosts inside. Also awesome portrait ghost
Luigi's Mansion 2 has more gameplay and puzzles but looses a lot on the ambiance of the first one, totally different gameplay with mission-based gameplay
make your choice

yeah, but the humor and creativity are great
practically a reboot to a "comedy/chill" game for me. the movie stages was perfect

this entry seems like it has the most soul in the series.

I totally agree, and although i understand what said, i'm still a bit bummed about that

I like how the Poltergust G-00 was previewed in the Belmonts reveal trailer.

Attached: DkFrAo0U0AANcOq-orig.jpg (1100x618, 86K)

Unironically looks better then Odyssey in terms of graphics. Also this game has peaked my interest by a significant margin, I might actually pick it up.

And Gooigi was put into the 3DS remake of the first Luigi's Mansion with the justification that E. Gadd sent it back to the past to test it while Dark Moon was happening (itself a reference to him inventing a time machine in Mario & Luigi 2).

– Tanabe and Ikebata said they’re aware of the criticism that Dark Moon’s ghosts were generic compared to the more specific, named cast of boss ghosts in the GameCube original
– They promise more of the GameCube-style ghosts for this one, though the generic green/blue/gold ghosts are plenty present as you play through each room

Time for a Tanabe redemption arc like the one Sakamoto got a couple years ago? Can we get a Paper Mario full of colorful OCs next?

No need to put work into a game if people buy it anyways.
It´s the same with the One Piece anime.
It looks like shit but why bother fixing it if people still buy the manga.

if this is like dark moon I won't buy it. dark moon sucked. no mission based crap with mini mansions or whatever

A Paper Mario game with a Pokio companion would be the tits.

You're scaling a huge hotel in this game.

>They promise more of the GameCube-style ghosts for this one, though the generic green/blue/gold ghosts are plenty present as you play through each room

Attached: yes, i would.png (366x286, 6K)

I love the texture on Luigi's shirt.

Attached: Switch_LuigisMansion3_E3_screen_022.jpg (1920x1080, 171K)

Why did they change the ghost design from the first one? In Dark Moon every ghost boss was the same just with a different skin. In the original you had ghosts that looked like people.

Oh fantastic!
I think LM3 will be a nice mix between LM1 and 2.
I'll be honest, I enjoyed LM2 more than 1 but I played LM2 first.
However I do understand the complaints with LM2 and I can agree with some of them, like the animations for Luigi being less cartoony and more stiff...least I think that was one.

I do know people didn't like the artstyle as much, but it seems like they've gone for a nice blend this time.
Looks way less Cel-shaded than the initial trailer that's for sure.

Actually Luigi vs Zuul
>the p r o m
i
s
e

Attached: screenshot-www.google.ca-2019.06.12-10-11-23.png (1237x71, 11K)

I love how expressive and full of personality the director portrait ghost was, so I think the game's heading in the right direction. Far better than Dark Moon for sure, I just hope the final boss doesn't suck.

they're bringing those types of ghosts back.
do you people immediately comment on shit without watching any of the trailers, or reading the thread?

Dark Moon was misunderstood and incomplete if you think it was 1p.

>The Jouster is a Scottish Manlet

Attached: 9C8152E3-461A-46A6-AD1E-C9967EB5CD87.jpg (540x720, 68K)

will she return Yea Forumsros?

Attached: 200px-Melody14.png (200x270, 73K)

For 2, they said they found the human-like ghosts boring and that they wanted to be more creative with bosses possessing unexpected creatures/things.

For 3, they said and are putting human-like ghosts back in, although they're still doing wacky things such as making one of them a movie director who makes Luigi star in a giant monster fight against a boss dressed up as a Godzilla knock-off in a miniature replica of a city (which is the actual boss fight while the director is actually a friendly ghost).

Attached: Switch_LuigisMansion3_E3_artwork_105.jpg (960x960, 77K)

Hopefully they bring back a handful of the old portrait ghosts along with the new unique ones

LUGIGIS MANSION BRO? WTF DUDE PLAY A REAL GAME BRO THIS IS SAD LUIGIS MANS BRO I BET YOU LIVE IN A HOUSE BRO LIKE FOR REAL GET A MULTIPLAYER GAME WITH YOUR BROS PLAY A REAL GAME LIKE BLACK OPS BRO AND LIVE IN A REAL MANSION DAMN DUDE THIS IS SAD LUIGIS MANSION HAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK BROS WHO THE FUCK PLAYS LUIGIS MANSION LMAOOOING @ YOUR LIFE BRO

Man it looks way fucking better than the initial trailer.

Attached: Selection_007.png (435x595, 207K)

As a huge Luigi fan, I can't wait to play this game, the mechanics got me hyped, and I hope they use all of their potentials.
I'm kinda annoyed by the fact that they're still using the generics normal ghosts, but it can always be worse. And the new boss (from what I've seen) looks promising.
Definitely a 7/10 so far.

>do you people immediately comment on shit without watching any of the trailers, or reading the thread?
yes lol
pretty neat

The environments too.

Attached: Switch_LuigisMansion3_E3_screen_075.jpg (1920x1080, 277K)

how many times do I need to succ king boo until he stays put, is walter peck bothering e gadd or something

I wish they'd use this version of king boo in party games instead of that other faggot

E. Gadd is probably too old to remember he had all the Boos stored inside that machine in his basement and threw it out thinking it was an old fishbowl.

tanabe didn't need a redemption arc in the first place because he was tropical freeze's producer

He killed Chibi Robo, raped Paper Mario's already mangled corpse and made Next Level Games waste their time and talent on Federation Force between then and now.

I know, I'm telling you all of that is cancelled by the brilliance of tropical freeze

also next level games mainnteam was probably already developping luigi's mansion 3 by the time federation force was made and looking at the game it's pretty obvious it was developped by 5 unpaid interns

Seriously, LM King Boo is fucking kino.
>that cutscene in Dark Moon where Luigi turns away from the Treacherous Mansion's front door and King Boo stares him down

Are the DS Chibi Robos besides Zip Lash worth it?

This looks awesome! Reminds me of the Twilight Zone's Tower of Terror.

Attached: tot.jpg (544x768, 247K)

It looks great. I'm a huge Ghostbuster fan and Luigi is my favorite Mario Bro so the mix of the two was always up my alley. The new mechanics should mix it up and I like the overall look of the hotel.

What actually does bug me though is that multiplayer isn't Mairo, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, etc. It's just more Luigi's. Why? You have plenty of Mario characters who could be used but you just toss in Luigi smash color alts.

This and I'm not even a fan of the games, but I'll be getting this one.

pretty sure luigi and e gadd are the only certified ghostbusters in the mushroom kingdom, and egadd is too old

>Disneylands was retooled into GotGshit

Attached: 1538069478446.png (502x492, 342K)

yes, they are actually proper sequels to the gamecube one instead of spin offs

Your right but I want my thing

the suckage didn't look as fun as the first one I miss the pearls spilling out the ghosts and all the sounds it made this just looks like hold down R then press A

>hold down R then press A
other way around

it's basically the same except that you can slam and kill stuff faster. it makes fighting multiple ghosts less time consuming.

Did you guys see just how expressive Luigi is? Not just the silly faces he makes when he is spooked silly, but just his everything. His little run, how he stays stiff when fighting a ghost, etc.
Really love how much character is oozing out of him. Glad to finally see this game come together and get close to release.
Although we haven't seen all the designs, I still prefer the designs of the ghosts in the first game.

I get the feeling man, this doesn't look bad enough to complain about, and yet it lacks the spark of the original.

Betcha the next Paper Mario does the same thing.

>spark of the original.
that's nostalgia

I've beaten LM1 and thought that it was okay, but that it would have been way better if there was less backtracking. How is LM2 in comparison to LM1?

>Betcha the next Paper Mario does the same thing.
The next Paper Mario will just be stickers/cards again, they think people enjoy that.

They already said they were done with that kind of gameplay.

MARIO LORE. Was there ever an explanation for the paintbrush from Sunshine revealing an E. Gadd logo at the end of the game?

So are portrait ghosts in? If so that's good, that's why I didn't play dark moon.

SOURCE
RIGHT NOW

F.L.U.D.D was made by E.Gadd's lab too. They wanted to add a new character into Mario lore and shoved him in everywhere they could, he's also in the Mario and Luigi games. Rosalina got the same treatment after galaxy.

>at the end of the game
You get a good look at it when Bowser Jr takes off the Shadow Mario mask. FLUDD and the brush were both developed by E Gadd.

Dude's not just a ghost expert, he also runs a coffee house, developed a time machine(used in Partners in Time), he's also a zoologist, expert in time mechanics, developed communication devices, built a walking, talking suitcase with artificial intelligence and even contributes to some stuff in Mario Party like a boo-scaring light.

He also made a robot clone of Mario for whatever reason.

Attached: RoboMario.png (512x480, 225K)

Fair point. LM1 though had a very neat premise, a survival horror game for kids/tendies. In todays climate, where horror popularity is at an all time high (especially among children), it seems like a waste to not go down that rabbit hole.

Maybe but it's not like the multiplayer is in canon in some way. Unless 4 Luigi's and 4 Gooigi's is somehow canon. If someone wants to play as Luigi when someone else is just pallet swap the Luigi then.

Next Level Games has achieved based status beyond the work they’ve already done

>it's going to be designed around co-op

Attached: 1560128786872.jpg (381x354, 12K)

next paper mario will be announced in a direct sometime this year and will reboot the series back to classic style

I prefer the darker style of 1 but this still looks nice. The animations are fantastic

I don't think they said that though. You ever play RE0? It's probably more like that. You use Luigi and Gooigi to solve various puzzles by splitting up at times.

I missed the stream, there are new portrait ghosts?

>survival horror
stop with this autism

there's nothing "survival horror" about luigi's mansion, it's like saying grabbed by the ghoulies is survival horror

Attached: ojIV5aa.gif (267x199, 400K)

Ikr, I'd kill for a new strikers game by them.

Gooigi is more of a gameplay mechanic in this game, co-op is optional

>not posting the stream
youtube.com/watch?v=Q6p-3VwcD6c&t=893s

they're not technically "portrait ghosts" but yeah they showed at least three unique ghosts, a manlet knight, a film director and a fat cop

>mirror in a small room with limited variables and a controlled camera
I hope you guys are just baiting and aren’t actually this tech-illiterate.

>tfw next level games make the best looking game on switch while retro studios are dead
I'm starting to think it's a better for nintendo to have exclusive relationships with third party developpers without directly owning them

but they also said they won't go back to original gameplay, it will be something new (and paper based) again

>mfw people shitpost that the switch has bad graphics

Attached: 146035019864.jpg (400x460, 36K)

>and there's still no Zootopia-themed part of Animal Kingdom

Attached: Gonna need a drink for this one.webm (524x718, 2.8M)

So is King Boo not the real final boss?

Will Luigi finally team up with the Boos?