All the hype peaked my interest in the actual game this teddybear is from. Is it worth playing? not zoomer...

all the hype peaked my interest in the actual game this teddybear is from. Is it worth playing? not zoomer, just was playstation kid

Attached: banjo-kazooie-smash-1.jpg (780x440, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
youtube.com/watch?v=HP8NiQj4TEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Absolutely. Tooie is slightly better, but they're both great games. Grunty's Revenge is eh, and Nuts and Bolts might as well not be a Banjo game.

Piqued user, the word is piqued.

first game is great
second one is meh
N&B is underrated

download the Bizhawk emulator it's the best right now in terms of free emulation that runs both the Banjos. Enjoy all the charm.

Play 1,2 and the GBA title that no one ever remembers.

Based retard
Kazooie is good
Tooie is great
Grunty's Revenge is the underrated one
Nuts and Bolts sucks ass

I would say nope.

I grew up in PlayStation too, but I never got to appreciate Banjo & Kazooie games and Super Mario 64. I liked Pokemon Snap however.

You might as well go give DQ games a try, all DQ games are just grindfest but they have it's charm.

They're really solid puzzle platformers.
Nuts and Bolts is a bad game even ignoring the IP misuse. Skip that one.

You’ll probably enjoy it if you enjoyed Spyro. It’s admittedly slower than Spyro and focuses more on nailing jumps, but the music is great for tapping your feet and the main puzzle piece collectables are hidden pretty well by the 2nd or 3rd world if you're going in blind

Tooie is fucking shit

>Why yes I get my opinions from Youtube, how could you tell?

Attached: zoom.png (403x327, 36K)

if you enjoyed SM64 youll enjoy banjo

I'm playing for the first time and having a lot of fun, right now I'm in the beach level trying to get all the notes and small dudes of colors

Attached: Banjo-Kazooie (E) (M3) snap0002.jpg (640x480, 80K)

First game is a masterpiece of a game, I definitely suggest at least trying it out.
Swimming takes some time getting used to though.

Sequel is tedious and hit or miss though.

NOT EVEN CLOSE BABY

Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie are superb games user. They're one of a kind.

Banjo-Kazooie is fantastic.
Banjo-Tooie makes some improvements over the first, but the levels are too open for the way the game plays. It's still a great game and if you enjoyed the first, you should check it out.

It only gets better after that. Except for one level. Tooie is good in a sequel way but has some flaws like too huge levels.

It's good, but Yea Forums grossly overrates it so don't go in expecting too much

>all the extras and secrets in Kazooie is in this room to be unlocked

sad thing is it's so awful i don't even want the red feathers or shit. now seeing the stop n swop stuff is just generating my own anxiety.

>dudes of colors
>are actually colorful

only tooie is worth playing

They're both really good and have held up well, I'd definitely recommend them. Tooie requires a lot of backtracking and exploration, which turns some people off, but I honestly think it's great. It's one of the few sequels I can think of where your abilities from the last game aren't taken away from you as well, so it's easy to jump into right after the first.

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN

one is meh
tooie is goat
nuts was ok

Rusty bucket bay isn't so bad if you just know about where to escape the bad oily water first. people tend to overexaggerate how awful the stage is, but it's pretty fun to navigate.

It's a fantastic platformer with imaginative environments, diverse mechanics, and excellent control.

It's not ground-breaking by any means, but it succeeds at what it sets out to accomplish with flying colors. I don't throw out the word "soulful" often, but B&K 1/2 are THE games I would use that term for.

N&B isn't even really a Banjo Kazooie game.
That's has nothing to do with it's quality; it's just that the creators completely missed the mark and were playing tennis on the basketball court.

Wew that's gonna be a yikes from me

Collectathons are a dead genre that were only fun when you were a brainless child

Absolutely not. Play Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1&2 and Odyssey instead. Banjo is a knock-off inferior 3D Mario

I wish microsoft would make a remake not just a hd version.
so zoomers can enjoy it too.
and that way rare can't fuck it up.

Attached: 1560274761549.png (215x235, 37K)

I have a hacked wiiu. I guess that would be better than emulator right?

I'l be honest I played it a few years ago and the camera was quite annoying. I prefered sunshine by far. Hows the camera in this?

thanks, but im autisic so only play through series in full

As long as people are obsessed with 100% runs, collectathons will never be dead.

Based boomer poster

Kazooie is fantastic
Tooie is very good
Nuts and Bolts is an intriguing if ultimately underwhelming entry
Grunty's Revenge is pretty nice for a GBA game

This. Even as a kid I didn't bother getting coins in Mario or rings in Sonic and wanted to beat the bosses or get to the goal. An entire game about collecting not!coins is ridiculous and stupid.

Tooie was objectively better, you faggots. Just because the levels were bigger doesn't make them magically worse

Attached: oe4mbl.jpg (640x480, 71K)

>Banjo Kazooie
Bretty Good, some prefer this because there's not a lot of backtracking
>Banjo Tooie
Personally I feel this is one of those instances where the sequel surpasses the original. People get turned off by the backtracking.
>Grunty's Revenge
Never played, heard it's pretty meh. You can pick this up for cheap.
>Banjo Pilot
Never played, heard it is not good. Personally wasnt a fan of the racing games on the GBA. You can probably pick this up cheap too.
>Nuts & Bolts
In my opinion it's a really fun and unique game. Just has Banjo shoed in. So great game, but not a good BK game.

>he never got to Yoshi at the top of the castle
lmao

1 was a tight experience
2 was long and windy
Gruntys Revenge was decent for a gba game
Banjo Pilot was weird
Nuts and Bolts was a neat concept that should have been a spinoff

Yeah, N&B is only good if you don't expect it to be a Banjo-Kazooie game and you enjoy the vehicle-builder. If you think having to put your own vehicles together is a chore, you're going to hate it. If putting your own vehicles together could replace an entire game for you, then you're in luck.

based

based and redpilled

Isle o' Hags was a great hub.
I like that you can follow the drill's tank tracks from the start of the game all the way to the final boss.

>Collectathons are a dead genre

Attached: file.png (640x360, 519K)

B-But user I saw guest grumps and grant kirkhope had an opinion

I got my opinions when I played Tooie eons ago and the game had turned halfway into a shooter.

> filename
pls user if you can play the Xbox version or use save states, 100% rusty bucket bay will make you want to die

they used to be dime a dozen, now there's only mario, loli game and meme nickelodeon cartoon game remaster on the horizon

NnB ain't bad for a vehicle game but people were expecting a platformer so it got some shit.

Could you namedrop those? I love the genre & am sad to be unable to find good new additions.

hat in time and spongebob battle for bikini bottom

I wouldnt really count a hat in time as a collectathon
The worst part of odyssey is the sheer amount of moons

Not that user, but
>Odyssey
>A Hat in Time
>Battle for Bikini Bottom Remaster

Attached: file.png (460x215, 291K)

Thanks lads

Don't do it. Controls/movement haven't aged well, especially when underwater

>peaked

It's "piqued", neanderthal.

>"full version of the game required to use DLC. Sold separately"
I both hate and love how companies legally have to warn retards

It's like Mario 64, but worse

It's great outside of that boring shitty game show segment at the end.

Why is BK considered a Collectathon but SM64 isn't?

They both are in equal rights

I think some of the levels are collectathon, and others aren't. Subcon Forest and Mafia Town are as they are supposed to, while Alpine Skyline is more like Super Mario Galaxy, and Battle of the Birds is a lot of different things, but mostly Super Mario Galaxy.

The way I played them was.
First Nuts and balls, and thought it was fun.
But then played the Original 2,and understood why people hated N&B so hard.

Tooie may be better, but I dont like how much they get you to back track all levels all over the place, so you may start to getting lost with so many buttons you have to press in worlds to open things in other worlds

the first game is more focus and straight forward

Because chicken nendies can't handle competition.

BK was my favourite game as a kid, but I replayed it recently in the Rare Replay collection and don't think it has aged very well. The gameplay just isn't very fun.

They’re alright. They were in the right place at the right time to become so iconic. I think mario 64 was superiror in every way though

If you still play childrens party games and get "HUYPED" by Smash autists spamming "LE HE'S IN!!11XD" at your age, then you might want to reconsider your life.

To answer your question. Yes, B&K is fun. In the 90s. When you are a child. So start building that time machine.

I think both Banjo and Tooie are better than Mario 64 except from a speedrun/optimal movement perspective.

In terms of game design it's atrocious, but everything else is so good I give it a 9

>all the hype
youtube.com/watch?v=HP8NiQj4TEg

Listen to these fucking people, holy shit.

Attached: file.png (1065x533, 1.2M)

Guess, is this man 14 or 41?

Yes PS1 friend, I just started playing it yesterday and it's great. It's like a mix of Mario 64 and Spyro, I love it so far

>don't let a crossover game overtaking this very board pique your interest of the things being crossed over
ok pp head

Thanks, but i don't play smash, was making a point about the endless threads about a character i've never heard of.
Please tell me on this video game imageboard which hobbies I should spend my time enjoying? i value your opinion

first game is meh
second game is legitimate garbage

you don't have nostalgia goggles to ease the pain

absolutely cringeworthy

imagine being this wrong on a day to day basis

It's a common mistake amount ESLs.

meant for

based onions

Cringe culture was a mistake.

How embarrassing for you.

Whoever hates Rusty Bucket Bay needs to fuck off. You probably spend the entire level trying to figure out how to get out of the water lmao

Fuck the engine room. Fuck that shit.

Attached: 1310645850171.jpg (341x311, 45K)

Im not a zoomer, i don't cringe at everything

*wholesome

>t. Actual retard

It isn’t hard all, you’re all just bad as vidya.

I remember

Attached: 1541351031149.png (960x569, 224K)

Based and jiggypilled.

The multiplayer redeems it. Or did you not have friends?

Attached: BC4BFC7A-85F4-4A01-916C-67EE9FE82E4B.png (743x416, 731K)

>Tooie
>Better

I don't get this opinion. Tooie is bloated and poorly paced.

Look, Goldeneye-lite is very fun especially the mines level, but Tooie is a very flawed game.
Still good overall just bigger flaws.

No it isn't

Only a couple of levels have this issue, like Grunty's Industries. Tooie has too many great levels like Witchyworld, Hailfire Peaks, Glitter Gulch Mines, Terrydactyland. Not to mention that the ways in which levels can interact and affect each other (you can even see many of the levels from Cloud Cuckooland) made Tooie's levels and overworld feel a lot more fully realised and like an actual adventure.

Nuts and Bolts is bad. It's sterile and boring with a bunch of effort put into its pointless building mechanics.

A lot of challenges give you a vehicle you have to use and almost all of the others are easily winnable with the simplest construction possible. There's no real reward for experimenting other than liking the look of what you built.

Nuts and Bolts looks like a different game was bolted onto prototype overworlds from a real Banjo game.

based

Tooie is far from shit, but the worlds do lack the pacing of the original game. Some are too large for their own good and it just becomes more of a chore than anything else. DK64 was similar in many ways (I guess it was Rare's up everything to 11 attitude at the time) but even then, DK64 at least felt like everything flowed together nicely despite the need to collect everything/switch Kongs. Jolly Roger is the definitive example of how not to do a World, I think.

did people hated Yooka Leilah or something?

Tooie really could've used a move that let you actively run faster than the stock talon trot

the artist behind Awkward Zombie put it best.

It's a decent game, but every bad choice seems like one they deliberately made to try and emulate the actual early collectathon experience

Definitely check out Tearaway if you have a PS4 or Vita.

Attached: turn 360 degrees and tearaway.png (600x600, 397K)

only real banjo niggas know what this is.

Attached: file.jpg (350x382, 13K)

>(I guess it was Rare's up everything to 11 attitude at the time)
I'm pretty sure they've said they deliberately made an attempt to artificially extend playtime for both DK64 and B-T, because it was an era of gaming where someone could be expected to spend weeks or months playing the same game on end. So they don't hold up amazingly on review because they made decisions that were bad on purpose to maximize potential playtime.

Post yfw they put them in as spirits.

Real talk time

Original is an undisputed master work

The sequel is less popular and not as good because it's too broad and not focused. Classic game had nearly zero wasted space while tooie just made the maps too uselessly big, similar to my primary complaint in yookalaylee.

Gonna use your thread is that alright with you OP?
On Xbox one are both banjo games buyable separately? Been thinking of playing Banjo for awhile and now I kinda need to with him in smash now.

Tooie is better in every regard aside from having to use Wumba and Mumbo so fucking much. The QoL difference is so much better.

I think it is, it just has a mission based structure instead of letting you get everything in one go.

MYSTERY SWAPPAS

It is in a sense but there are way less things to collect. Stars instead of notes for doors but then BK also has Jiggies for levels. It would be like Mario having to open doors with coins then using stars to unlock the level behind such door. BK also had Jinzos, unlockable movies, honeycombs for life, Mumbo tokens, 1 ups like Mario only I feel like they were done better in BK, and the eggs that were rendered useless. Tooie had even more like the crystal key, glitter things for Mumbo/Wumba, many different kinds of eggs for combat, spell pages to activate cheats, and more. Mario 64 is indeed the poor man's Banjo.

Didn't they backport some of the QoL into the 360 version of 1?

Wouldn't know but that sounds lovely. Nothing sucks as much as getting 99 notes and dying.

They actually did add that to the 360 releases. Notes stay after death, Stop & Swop integrated with Tooie as well. Genuinely great versions.

Nuts&Bolts was a good and fun game, they just ruined Banjo with it

GET IN HERE TOOIE BROS
tfw getting lost in grunty's industries even after all this time
Like, fuck, I 100%ed the game a while ago and I still manage to not get a single jiggy 30 minutes in

I could sure use a remastered PC or Switch port.

Attached: file.png (1600x904, 2.08M)