I just post this from time to time because GTA IV on the PC port gets a lot of disappointment because it's jittery and...

I just post this from time to time because GTA IV on the PC port gets a lot of disappointment because it's jittery and stuff.
Run the game from the steamapps>common folder. It fixes the hitching.

Still not a perfect port but it fixes what most people complain about. I have a potato 2400/550 ti and it runs great obviously with drops.

Apparently old computers run this game better lol?? It's probably a meme. I would assume drivers are what matters, not how old your card is.

Attached: gta-4-art.jpg (1382x864, 249K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uLsnvLHGoEQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What’s weird is that episodes from liberty city seems to look and run better, despite having identical graphics options. Is this just my mind playing tricks, or is something about the port of EFLC genuinely improves?

Thanks for the tip user
I think it got more performance tweaks and patches than IV

I'm using the retail version, patch 4.
runs very well for me, and it doesn't need games for windows live, or even social club anymore

To clarify, I used to run GTA IV from the library in steam and got all the hitching, running it from common fixed it for me even with the potato. Benchmark well over 60. Drops in the places everyone probably gets them. I believe it's to do with the physics engine.

Attached: a042cd91890f55dc66efc93baf2c88dc.jpg (640x1197, 125K)

Ballad of gay tony definitely is prettier than base game, from memory Lost and Damned has that piss filter and no option to remove it. It has a grain Yes or No option instead lol. Thanks. Yes i want grain.

could be the overlay that's causing hitching? in that case you would just have to disable it in settings

Thanks for reminding me.
If you just want to play offline with saves and no rockstar club bullshit or whatever, good xliveless. Just replace the file.

No worries for the tip bro, hope the game runs great for you. It's the best GTA in my opinion.

I can definitely confirm the overlay isn't the problem.
The reason i post this is because there are so many threads on this are 99% are bullshit. Just run LaunchGTAIV from common folder trust me. It's night and day even on my potato.

Attached: 73928d4b901040999d686b4a4df5947e.jpg (630x900, 59K)

Look up the steam community hub, there's a mod compilation called "GTA IV reborn" that fixes a lot of shit and patches the old copyrighted music back in.

and 99% *

google xliveless*

I need to start proof reading sorry.

TLaD still looks and runs sharper than the base game though, as if EFLC was tweaked better

I have a GTX 1070 and the game still doesn’t run great, doesn’t reach 60fps and sometimes has weird, glitchy lighting. I think the port is just bad.

I can't finish this game. The missions are very dull. You just drive around and chase/shoot bad guys. Anyone agree?

If you have it installed right now please try it from the Steam folder and report back. Doubt it will fix lighting or anything like that but performance will probably benefit for you. This thread would really appreciate a reply. I want to inform a lot of mustards tonight.
Let's be honest, who the fuck would think to run it from the folder instead of Steam Library to fix hitching? It's retarded but it works trust me. Google other people doing this trick if you don't believe me and cbf running/installing it for yourself.

I’ll try when I get hike, unfortunately I’m at work

try downgrading to patch 7 or 4

faggot OP bump
I just want to share this solution for a couple hours tonight at least.
youtube.com/watch?v=uLsnvLHGoEQ

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

This is a commonly known solution, and I doubt many people want to play the game right now, post it somewhere else.

OP here again, are the big mods hard to install? I know i could do whatever, but are they worth it? People always say it's pretty bad.

Have sex, attitude guy.

bit too saturated for my taste

Attached: GTAIV 2019-06-07 23-49-56-715.jpg (2560x1440, 1.59M)

What is wrong with you faggot? Look the page this shit is on, lurk more before posting.

>making shit up
EFLC uses the exact same engine as IV 1.7
It runs the exact same and has the exact same graphics settings and options. The only difference between IV/TLAD/EFLC are tweaked timecycs and in TBoGT's case, lowered depth of field intensity. TBoGT and TLaD might run better since some of IV's high quality textures were pasted over by the console versions lower quality counterparts in areas added by the DLC, but you should be using the fixed textures anyway.
Not like any of you retards know how to use a computer anyway, so just go play GTA5 and buy shark cards like the dumb zoomers you are.

>shitting on V for no reason
Gee user