What the fuck are they doing lads? Seriously what the FUCK

What the fuck are they doing lads? Seriously what the FUCK

>post yfw you aren't buying Sword and Shield

Attached: 1560297941773.png (1280x562, 882K)

Why? It'd just be my normal face

>Tyrants added to Pokemon

How is that anything but a good thing?

Have sex!

It's still gonna sell 10+ million copies.

The last pokemon game I bought was Red
I haven't missed anything of value, have I?

I mean jesus christ how can any non-indie studio game in 2019 have graphics this bad. Its not like technical limitations are a thing, you just license UE4 and make a cel shaded game with low polycount and it looks good if you put ANY effort into it. They didn't.

stop being an autist. just play the game and improvise a team with new pokemon you dont normally use.

>It's still gonna sell 10+ million copies.
Well that’s a given.

They doing the right thing. If it would be for me they just should cut everything except lgpe connection.

Attached: 1533511527209.jpg (299x168, 6K)

>you can't even make a romhack to add pokemon into the region since they won't even be coded into the game
It's not even worth getting on a hacked switch, let alone buy.

Good thing they're compensating for the lack of old Pokemon with an innovative new game experience and cutting edge graphics for the Switch
Oh wait

People are crying about the n64 graphics, but consider this - it's still a huge improvement compared to the older games. The next game might look like a ps2 game, and the one after that like something from ps3.

You underestimate modders. They'll probably spaghetti together code from USUM and port in as many pokes as they can.

This literally looks like the 3DS games but with a higher resolution.

The snap is shit but you pic is a good thing.
It allows them to place pokemon on the overworld that can kick your fucking ass, but doesn't let you catch them to trivialize the game.
As you beat certain gyms, I imagine you will be able to catch them.

It seems like a pretty sub par effort. Considering this is Pokemon's first crack at having a main title on people's home TV sets they should have put more effort into it.

Wait, why is this bad? So, you can't get fully evolved, strong Pokes right off the bat or have to work hard for it, that should be how it normally is. Think it's cool to have a couple of boss mons walking around like they're protecting the weaker, adds flavor to the world.

There's plenty to complain about, but you're just retarded if you think this is a bad change.

>You underestimate modders.

No, you overestimate modders. 99.999% of mods are complete shit. It's basically become a Reddit meme to think mods are good in this day and age.

I wonder if that'd even be remotely possible using those models & animations that were in S/M. I don't have any hopes of that though.

I hate this game and I hate the fact I will end up buying it.

Of all the problems of gen 8, you chose a non-issue.

They better be unavoidable too, otherwise it's pointless. I really hope the wild area scales with your level because Pokemon games have always had atrocious post-games, encountering a lvl 90 Vespiquen after you defeat the champion would be funny as fuck

pokemon is so stagnant

sun and moon might be the last games ill buy in that series

I wouldn't buy it even if it was a good entry.
This was made to be pirated.

>otherwise it's pointless
EXP you dumbfuck.

Game Freak has always been incompetent studio and Pokemon series has sold absurd millions solely because of successful commercialization. The games were never anything special, they have been broken as RPGs and graphically unambitious from the fucking start. They also received lots of outsider help for everything that was hard, like Satoru Iwata personally assisted in fitting 2nd gen games on cartridges.

I meant the encounters, if certain pokemon are always buffed up like Vespiquen's you may have some shitters avoiding them.

>"A very strong-looking Vespiquen"
>Not a ridiculous unique name like "Regina, the Living Hive"
Half the appeal gone instantly

Meant for

Pokemon XD, a 15 year old game, on Gamecube looks better.

Lets Go has already sold more than 10 million.
So conservatively I expect to see 12. I actually expect it to hit 14.5 million.

Honestly, no, I don't think they will. I think the will isn't there because the modders are core fans, who have been completely ignored by GF for years and years. I think there's just no will to even do that at this point. They'll keep playing Showdown and be done with cartridge games.

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
Something challenging for once.

Forget that it's game freak for a second. Compare this to other studios' games.
How about this, compare it to SMT IV. Another JRPG series with monster collecting. It was made for the 3DS, a piece of shit console with a 240p screen (no seriously)
Compare the visuals of that, to a brand new yet to be released game for the Nintendo Switch, a home console.
They shaded things, had baked lighting even when they couldn't do real lighting. The protagonist has facial expressions and personality, and a voice. Instead of just plopping a bunch of stock assets down they made a real atomsphere.

Now consider how much deeper the plot, gameplay, characters... everything is in the first one. How much higher budget it seems.
Now consider how much money Game Freak has. Pokemon is worth 90 BILLION dollars, the biggest franchise in the world bar none, by a pretty good margin of 10 billion dollars.
Consider what a competent developer could do with that much money. Every vaporware game ever could be funded and made real. Your dream game even. Or just a Pokemon game that isn't fucking shovelware.

It's fucked dude. Game Freak is so insanely lazy it's unreal. The only thing the series really had at this point was its Pokemon, and now they're cutting those, too?
The more you like Pokemon, the more you hate Game Freak. Do you understand why now?

Attached: effort.jpg (1200x1393, 350K)

>Implying they'll be challenging at all

I actually like the idea of there being stronger Pokemon around that will kick your ass and you just have to avoid them until you get stronger.

>vespiqueen
Neat

Attached: 93303adc2cc6d710db023a6c69c28efb6000a69e.png (922x1378, 810K)

I don't play shitmon, what's wrong with this?

are you people daft? you could never catch a pokemon by throwing a ball at it as soon as battle starts you ALWAYS had to get it down to red/yellow hp for even a chance

unless you hacked in unlimited masterballs, if im wrong and they changed that then pokemon really has become shit

Nothing, there are many things wrong with this game (lack of innovation, 3DS graphics but upscaled, not all Pokemon), but having some boss monsters that you can't catch is not a problem at all.

can you explain what I'm supposed to be mad about

Haven't bought a pokemon game in years and i don't miss it

Attached: 1558836809104.png (112x111, 9K)

well the fact that Doom Eternal with modern graphics
and Pokemon Sword with PS1 graphics
are releasing in the same year

I mean let's be honest user. Wouldn't you half ass a game if you knew that your fanbase will still buy it because they're idiots?

Attached: 1558096400413.jpg (692x627, 71K)

As someone that has played a few pokemon games on nds emulators, whats the appeal? Why do people buy the same game every year but complain about COD? This one looks different, but it still looks outdated. Is it just nostalgia?

Attached: jade.png (370x562, 219K)

they're not allowing bank transfers of some existing pokemon into Sword and Shield. Ever. So if your personal favorites don't make the cut and aren't in the new region's pokedex, too bad, that pokemon effectively no longer exists. It invalidates any promo code-collecting or events you may have gone to for special legendaries in the past and fragments the community who will just play the old games competitively(which still have hidden EV stats, those are deleted for all pokemon after Sun & Moon) instead of the new games which are for children who like GRAFICS and don't care about Bank transfers or legacy pokemon.

Sword and Shield just use 3DS quality models and animations most of which are podted from the 3DS games anyways. They said pokemon are more expressive with more animations, but after seeing Scorbunny with what looked like battle animations turned off entirely I doubt they changed anything.

Are you one of those retards that only play the singleplayer?

>emulator

Oh nevermind.

Yeah, i;m going to need you to go ahead an sauce me that original image

People are retarded. The transfer app doesn’t even release until next year. The new games come out in November. Everyone would still be using the Pokémon in the new games regardless.

are you implying compfags aren't either on showdown or whatever weird ass rules VGC comes up with

>dude you need the latest yearly COD to play online with your friends!!
So it's literally just an artificial seasonal thing to milk "fans" as expected.

Nice retard logic you've got there. You're assuming that people that lap up Pokemon shit are the same people that complain about yearly rehashes.

that's a pretty big complaint but completely unrelated to op's pic

Maybe they'll patch in more pokemon over the course of the game :(
I'm bummed that they went this way. At least my baby boy Galvantula got in

Just like they patched in the Battle Frontier in ORAS

>ITT: people who know fuck all about game development whine

lmao why tf you playin kids games anyway. Graduate to minecraft or somethin

Oh enlighten us on how game development REALLY works if you're so smug about it

the ugliest and laziest pokemon designs ever

I'm guessing they actually took a more lore-friendly approach to catching pokemon this time. In the show, the mon you're trying to capture has to at least slightly have an urge to go with you for the catch to be successful. It'll probably require you to have a pokemon of similar level, have a certain amount of gym badges, or "when first starting your adventure" means "before the first gym because it's basically a tutorial".

Either way, I'm sure you will get to catch them before NG+ and it will be a non-issue.

have sex

Nice response, you whore
Get raped

>implying I'm a woman
dude have sex

You first, manwhore

Reminds me of digimon world next order. Which was originally a ps vita game that got a few touch ups for a ps4 port.

Attached: 1557586214494.jpg (1913x1076, 617K)

>you can't criticize popular things

Attached: 1541330904419.jpg (1624x1080, 113K)

>Seriously what the FUCK
That bee wants to fuck

Not buying this once they announced you cant transfer anything not in the galar dex. What a joke.

>challenging
*uses ember*
*uses gust*

I’d rather they have no transfers at all rather than this half assed approach. Then it would atleast deter hackers somewhat. This does nothing except limit your options while hackers still reign supreme

It honestly is. I dropped the series when ORAS added exclusive Mega evolutions that couldn't be transferred over to XY.

I care much more about the fact that the art style is super fucking gay and appealing only to toddlers, than I do about some shitty battle mechanics.

I probably would just hand it off to someone else or supervise

Wow I thought pokemon was going to be the game that made me buy a switch. Nope.

This. Don't really have anything substantial to add to your post, but fuck it annoys me when people use the "they'll fix it with mods" excuse

rule34.xxx/ (delete this) index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1512107