What is it about Rockstar that has Japanese devs look at them in awe?

What is it about Rockstar that has Japanese devs look at them in awe?

Attached: _20190612_130248.jpg (2125x2828, 430K)

They mastered the art of making lazy empty open worlds with their shitty overused formula, while still getting critical and commercial success. Of course Nintendo wants to do this too.

the only thing about rockstar that amaze japs is the sales they get while putting out games so mediocre

the awnser to this question is marketing but japs are too retarded to understand it they think rockstar games sells because some amazing secret

They make a lot of money.

RDR2 has a really cool feeling of weight and tangibility that I think other games will want to be inspired by.

Cope

DROPPED
Not buying it anymore fuck these faggots RD2 is gay as fuck

>marketing
There are games that get bigger marketing budgets than rockstar games. Heck i remember people here complained how they barely showed anything about rdr2 months before release.

Also i dare you to name a open world game with more activities than GTAV and customisation as GTAO

That's a pretty big red flag. I hope they're not planning on ruining Zelda the way Capcom ruined Monster Hunter?

You guys are too young to understand just how insane it was when gta3 came out.

sale numbers

They sell more games than everyone else. I think that must give them a certain mystique.

They achieved "weight" by slowing everything down to a crawl and turning the game into a gigantic slog. I don't know if that makes things more tangible or not, but it certainly sucked all of the fun out of the game.

How can any nigga play red dead 2 and enjoy it the story seems good but it controls worse than a ps2 game

Not hating but what is the deal with the piss filter?

This t b h. Celebrities were talking about it, athletes were taking about it, it was on tv shows, movies, the radio everywhere. It forever solidified them as number 1.

Westerns are better that japanese when it comes to graphic fidelity, photorealism and overall tech tricks and physics. And while graphic fidelity =/= artsyle or photorealism makes a game good, those tricks can still be applied and adapted for less demanding games.
Also, western makes way more open world than Japanese, so it's obvious they'll be looking at the, What I hope they do is strip the trash that fills western open world and just keep the good parts.

Inb4 "but BotW is the same open world trash as everything else" or "Nothing good came out of western open worlds" to which I reply Highschool will end at some point and you'll grow up, don't sweat it.

Attached: 1521823257544.jpg (217x407, 12K)

ITT: niggers who didn't bond with their horses

Everyone looks at Rockstar in awe they're a rogue element that disrupts the sales of all the big EA, Ubisoft and Activisions when they drop a game

I guarantee most people are over 18. They just shitpost because they're mentally handicapped

>be rockstar
>make 1 game
>sit up and relax while it'll be top 5 seller for several years while you pay some interns to update some bullshit for the online mode
They play the industry on easy mode

I'm aware, it still pisses me off to no end.

Took about 15 years to get to that point they released a lot of games in the PS2 days and many were experimentall new IPs like Bully

he was just throwing them a bone bro lol

BotW kiddies got eternally BTFO

>copy ubisoft and make botw
>copy rockstar and make botw 1.2