NINTENDO FUCKING LEARNED

mobile.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1138532590384701440

Attached: 460C4D3F-03E8-44E9-B8CA-BD44BC3AD6BF.jpg (900x1200, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what the fuck were they thinking?

learned from what? I dont follow nintendo alot

originally,super Mario maker two didn’t allow you to play online with friends,but it’s being added now

oh thats nice

I wonder if Gamefreak will ever learn anything

This is the first thing Tezuka said yesterday on the Treehouse stream, but that dumb bitch Sam blew right past it and didn't make sure the audience heard it.

Was only false flaggers making noise in the first place, hence the lack of reception.

Yea Forums is a hole and this is the only time their bullshit has worked out 'ok'.

It's not as if online with friends was a highly requested feature. Everyone had been asking for more stuff to use, new worlds and tags. Multiplayer is probably 10th at most requested or something.

So do you think Masuda will back peddle and allow a national dex in sword and shield? Or do you think his endgame is bringing the pokemon back in updates via raid battles?

Not unless Nintendo finds some meaningful power in their contract with the idiot brigade.

Yea Forums is full of false flaggers, and of course they jumped on this, but Nintendo fans outside of this shithole also complained. Of course the majority of the ones here, like you for instance, respond to false criticism with falsely pretending the criticism is baseless.

It wasn't a requested feature because it was assumed to be in the game.

They learned AFTER people were complaining about no friends online.

Nintendo needs to stop making terrible discisions and should've added that feature since day one. Not in a future patch.

wow they are adding such a BASIC feature in 2019! what innovation

gamefreak hasnt learned anything ever

As of right now he fully intends to never bring them back. Maybe next game.
If someone beats it into his skull to fix it than maybe, but given Gamefreak I wouldn't be surprised if the code was too fucked to even add them in as it stands.

As always, you'll get it in hyper sword and vore shield.

You clearly didn't see the huge backlash to the original announcement. Any time I've talked to anyone about Mario Maker 2, they've all commented on not being able to play with friends. It might be a more casual community complaint though.

seriously how hard was it to implement that feature?
most low budget games naturally come with these small features without needing people to cry about it all over the internet

Sorry sweaty, it'll be called Pokemon Spear

Does it have couch co-op? This is EXTREMELY important.

you dropped this

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Unironically if the fags who were spamming threads calling Nintendo and this game trash for having no multiplayer don’t actually go to buy this game after this is updated, you’re no better than some resetera tranny that complains about some retarded issue in a game then ditches it the moment the developers take the bait.

yes

A step in the right direction. Hopefully Nintendo can add better networking such as dedicated servers and integrated system voice chat/messaging. I'm tired of using a smartphone app

Who cares, no skins no buy

I told you guys.
I told you Tezuka listened to all the feedback people had about Mario Maker 1. They've given us practically everything we asked for in additions.

And they listened now as well. Really quick turnaround. There you go, they're adding a second "play with your friends" unranked online mode.

>It's not as if online with friends was a highly requested feature
You're actually retarded

There's one issue left.
How will they handle the uploading of multiplayer stages?

How can I upload a multiplayer-only stage, like we've seen at E3, if I don't have other people to play it with locally so I can pass the upload check?

Thinking thoughts.

>Nintendo learned!!!
>Can't play Mario Maker 2 online with friends.
Learned nothing but how to make people pay for online for nothing.

They addesd a really in-depth and cool tutorial to SMM2 which hopefully means less shit levels

The Beginner section holds lessons entitled:

Intro to Making
Workflow Basics
On Inspiration
Fixing Mistakes
Testing
Using Parts: Terrain
Using Parts: Blocks
Using Parts: Enemies
Using Parts: Gizmos
Super Mushrooms
Coins

I'm assuming there's 15 per section as it looks to be 45 lessons.
The Intermediate section holds more lessons such as:

Coin Brainstorm
Checkpoint Flags and You
Water Level
Making Vertical Courses
Know your Gizmos
Autoscroll Tips
Mario's Limitations
The Key to Success
Forgiving Player's Mistakes
Providing Direction
The Power of Power-ups
All About Timing
Creating Enticing Directions
On Atmosphere
Treat the Players Fairly
The Advance section also has some lessons:

Free-Form Making
Know Your Enemies
Clear Conditions
Using Walls to Control Players
Does the Way Forward Always Need to Be Clear?
Enemy Appearance
Players are Unpredictable
Watch Others Play Your Course

No such thing as a multiplayer only stage, that's how.
Though there is local multiplayer already anyway.

pic related is you

This thread is literally about them saying they're adding online play with friends, you absolutely inane, shit for brains retarded shitposting mongrel.

Attached: 1526159113427.png (211x239, 6K)

>coming in a future update goys! Just buy it now!

Attached: yXEiYQ4.png (248x380, 73K)

Wow a common sense feature that we had to harassed by the community to add. So great guys. Honestly when hear a company say we've hired consultants, I can't help roll my eyes. But when you have to consistently have comanies be this fucking stupid kinda realize Oh that why that job exists because common sense doesn't exist. They clearly don't understand online they need someone to hold them by the hand and say this is how you do this.

Still one big mistake though in the other direction that they still need to fix:
Local still requires the internet for some fucking reason because they force you to draw from the server rather than use the levels you have saved as a host.

>common sense feature
>first game had no multiplayer at all and no one expected SMM2 to have it

Welp, they lost a purchase there.

>Man I was going to buy this game, but now that I have to pay 80 cents a month to enjoy it, fuck that! *dabs*

>mobile.twitter

Attached: 1549043068530.jpg (1920x1080, 123K)

this is great!

If you add online multiplayer functionality its common sense that people will want to play with their friends. So doesn't have anything to do with wither or not the last game had it.

They might have in Gen 5, but now they've just had the retard helmet on. Gen 8 looks lacklustre,

lol I cracked that shit last year so I can't go online under any circumstances. I can't believe Nintendo actually thought I would play Rune Factory 5 without an undub patch.

Bruh I do not even post on this board.
I lurk for news and then go to the relevant source for the actual details because Lord knows the bullshit that can fly around here.

E.g. I love smash. But I do not understand how half this board sustains itself by sharing the same dlc wish list faggotry over and over. I suppose they find it fun.

I never said the criticism was baseless. I said no one on Yea Forums is responding to the news with the same riggor as before because the bulk of the whiners were only here to larp as console warriors. It's a hole and I stand by that.

The MM2 tournament had a stage that was literally impossible without a partner. There has to be a box to check or something to segregate those stages from the regular ones, otherwise single-player dudes will get fucked over during the unlimited runs.

If that's the case, then why does other games like Dreams don't have online multiplayer?

making a game change solely to content 4 journos and a handful of streamers who "had plans" is pretty shortsighted.

Source on RF5 not having dual audio?
Oh you're just making up reasons to pirate the games gotcha ;)

I remember back when they announce Halo wouldn't have couch coop anymore so they can focus on online with friends, and Yea Forums suddenly screamed out in horror about how they can no longer play with their bro's anymore or 'fuck online, give me back my couch co-op'. This went on for nearly a week. What happened?

anything for upping the general quality of levels thank god

People are still going to make bullshit pick a path levels, so they can jerk themselves off about those low clear rates.
I really hope the dislike thing helps with getting rid of those.

>thinking you'll ever get one definitive third version ever again
sorry m8, splitting the new features up over two games makes more money

It will never be truly gone. If anything, those make the best multiplayer vs maps.

Buy Pokemon Crown for the full dex!
Please no! Update the game with DLC for fucks sake. I hate the third versions that always make me regret my initial purchase.

Because they're other games? Not sure what you're trying to ask there.

I don't know if you understand the context of this, but just in case you don't: Mario Maker 2 already had online multiplayer. So, naturally, people expected that meant they could play with their friends, because that's usually what online multiplayer means in 99% of games.
Turns out for MM2 it means you can only play with strangers in both the co-op and competitive modes. People were highly disappointed to hear that, to say the least. This is Nintendo reacting to their complaints.

It was literally a shitposting thing. I guarantee you that all the fags here and elsewhere that whined loudly have never had any plans to buy SMM2.

>What happened?
Yea Forums changed to sonyfags who never really had couch co-op or multiplayer with friends.

They did hire someone to do dlc a while back so assuming they don't fuck up like they did with gen 6 and 7 we should be getting them.

Of course they won't. People here just use anything to shitpost about Nintendo even if it's a good thing like listening to the people.

I imagine so higher up at Nintendo is losing their shit at GF right now, except GF are too retarded to open the email from the Nintendo exec that's berating them for being idiots. Their basically going full Zoolander on it.