Literally soulless

this doesn't look like fun at all

>autistic character switching
>light attack, light attack, light attack => everything freezes for choice making
>characters won't shut the fuck up during fights
>"we should heal up soon"
>"watch his tail, you don't wanna be hit by his laser"
>"take cover behind that debris"
>"strike now!"

literally a fucking babbu game, I hate you zoomers

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1600x900, 179K)

>haha look mom, i'm posting the "soulless" meme on Yea Forums

go to sleep and never wake up, retard

post yfw when normans realise it's just Midgar

Attached: CowboyMode.gif (280x158, 850K)

That's literally not any different then selecting attack from a menu over and over

There's more soul in this little Barret intro than entire games

Attached: SOUL.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

The original literally says don't attack when the tail is up in a dialog box

Stop whining and don't play it, child.

>literally soulless
because cloud is soulless clone

Attached: 1559762542315.jpg (358x379, 58K)

>anno domini 2019
>fun

Attached: Aahaha_Faggot.png (570x668, 247K)

TOO MUCH SOUL

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

I haven't played FF15 but from what I've seen it looks like the same type of gameplay no?

It looked shit back then and still looks shit now.

but you niggers love Dragon's Dogma

Just because your "back then" was 2005, doesn't mean it looked bad in 1997, you zoomer.

can someone translate this to english?

You know a game has soul when it looks that shitty and becomes the most popular one

I'm almost 30yo, child.
Don't act like you know what you're talking about.
I thought the game always looked awful.

WHERE IS DLC,VERGIL?SHOW MOMMY YOUR DLC!

Attached: 1555774067240m.jpg (1024x512, 30K)

replaying the game and dying all the time. dont think this easy mode remake going to even have game over screen

Attached: a1296fdb4b52c5e4f234f940d708832c.jpg (1280x1709, 185K)

who cares about fun dude it's FFVII that's all that matters

Attached: CgyjJi3.jpg (1838x2048, 157K)

You must be underleveled if you're dying to trash mobs

My one FF7 death was a genuine fuckup against Carry Armor, I didn't think him picking me up would just end the fucking fight.

Attached: bitch.png (1280x720, 704K)

Then you were in the vast minority.

When it came out it was considered one of the best looking games ever made.

t. actual 30 year old boomer

it looks like a game that anyone who's played and enjoyed a modern jrpg will enjoy. These combat systems are pretty fun when they're well executed, and games with similar systems (Tales of, Ni No Kuni, Ys VIII) have all sold beyond their expectations so you'll likely continue seeing it used.

I'm 29 and I always thought everything during the PS1/N64 era looked like shit as well. We exist

The fuck does that mean?

It did look like shit. It aged horribly.

Doesn't mean people didn't lap up the fact that it was in "full 3d" with FMV making people think they were better looking than it actually was. The technology was behind the ambition in most playstation and N64 games, so people were more forgiving of the weird character proportions. Doesn't change the fact that FF7, 8 and 9 were known for being peak graphical quality at the time of their releases, anything else is just jaded revisionism

No

>characters won't shut the fuck up during fights
I can't stand this crap. It's so try hard and I can only imagine the type of retard who likes it is the same person who laughs at Marvel quips.

Plus these games honestly look good when played on a CRT. RE3 for example is the best pre-rendered background game of thus generation and it looks great on a CRT but meh when emulated or on PC with an LCD display.

>When it came out it was considered one of the best looking games ever made.
Not that guy but you must be mad if you believe what you just said. The 'models are block-y' statement has always been a thing and the pre-rendered backgrounds are nothing special. FF7 has always been praised for literally everything else but its graphics.

And before you start babbling about zoomer this and zoomer that let me tell you that I was beating my meat around the time you were in the making.

>replaying the game and dying all the time
how? I started playing with a HP multiplier mod and underleveled because even the difficulty mods leave the game in such an easy state

Not even remotely close.

It's braindead button mashing to charge ATB to execute real attacks because the target audience is so fucking dumb they need to be tricked into playing a turn based game. Look at me, I'm mashing attack and doing 10 damage while I wait for actual damaging attacks to be ready, I'm PLAYING!!

This looks like one of the first battles in the game. Why does he have so much hp? Big numbers means good game?

The openworld models were panned though?

>mfw they ripped the Stagger system straight out of FF13 and retards who shit on FF13 will now praise it

Attached: 1302432560203.jpg (574x493, 76K)

I shit on FF13 but not because of the combat mechanics, well some of them. Like not being able to control all your characters in battle. The rest is about literally everything else in the game being trash. Top notch presentation though.

Attached: pain.png (628x705, 472K)

see?

Its literally the same combat as the original except the "waiting time" can be spent in attacking, blocking, dodging and moving.
That would mean the original is bad too

I thought he was supposed to be Black?

Attached: 1555941299796.jpg (720x890, 58K)

No, you just made the original more tedious aka worse.

autism

bailey bae

WATCH

Attached: clone trooper.png (253x477, 159K)

FF7 original was a babby game as well as KH on which the remake combat system is based, it still doesn't mean they're not fun

YOU are the zoomer OP since you obviously never played them

Why is Barret wearing those dumb ass shades at night?

his vision is augmented

Black people do stupid shit

Wearing a shades at night is more SOUL than not.

O my God, Barret a bomb!

Attached: 1489154173531.jpg (500x525, 41K)

>Japanese game has minority characters with fleshed out personalities and background that fits nicely with the story
>Western games has soulless minority characters there to force their SJW beliefs onto you
Has western games always been trash from the very beginning? The only reason they seemed to surge in popularity was due to western games always pursuing 3D effects to hide their lack of creativity? Now Japanese games comes out with 3D and it completely anally rapes the shit out of the dead horse that is western games.

American's dont have to take off their shades.

DON'T ASK QUESTIONS

Don't forget to pre-oder your Yuiffie and Vincet dlc's!

Attached: cqx36x9u1iy01.jpg (640x802, 65K)

When the trailer first came out a bunch of Boomer hags who've retired to candy crush were losing their corrective granny panties over it possibly not being completely turn based. So maybe this was a compromise. Incompetent fujos and nostalgia tards are still a significant part of their audience I think

What's "autistic" character switching and how can they make it normal character switching? FF needs multiple playable characters. It's been a series staple for decades.

I just love that they actually show the materia in the weapons, I mean, just look at that green bulb glowing in Barret's gun-arm. It does bring to question, though: What if it's a multi-slot weapon?

Sure the buster sword has two slots, and that makes sense, but later weapons have 4, 5, 6 etc slots. That might look ridiculous, no?

>In the video Barret runs away to leave Cloud to fend for himself
>tfw I laughed so hard at how he was running away

Don't worry you can play BoTW 2 in 2023 on the SwitchU 3d

Because he fucking feels like doing it, and it probably shields his eyes a little from the flare of his gun.

>tfw almost 30
>tfw talking to much younger co-worker about FFVII
>"I can't wait for Remake to come out because the original looks like ass"
>Can't exactly disagree because it's true but I love it anyway, especially since "That's just how it used to be"
>"I played it on my phone, and it was agony because of the graphics"
>tfw it's becoming increasingly difficult to hide my power level

I never thought I'd be one of those people, but: Kids these days....