Based on what you saw of them, are you excited to play as either of them?

Based on what you saw of them, are you excited to play as either of them?

Attached: Smash-Bros_06-11-19.jpg (600x337, 80K)

I don't play Smash, I just get excited at the new characters.

> Two literal whos
Waste of slots

>Silhouettes and core nonspecials resemble link and duk hunt
>Paid dlc
Unimpressed

Both seem alright. Hero seems like a Link/Robin hybrid with a built in magic system, and Banjo's moveset so far looks to be pretty fun. Want to see what shenanigans they have.

>Hero
cool, why is he just called hero, though
>Banjo-Kazooie
Was happy for Banjofags, and happy we got our first full on characters made outside of Japan

Went through hero's trailer to break down his moveset. He's basically Link+Ness/Lucas+Robin.

Jab: Three slashes in front of him

Dash Attack: Almost identical to Link's.

Up Tilt: Upper cut. Looks similar to Link's up tilt.

Side Smash: Single downwards cut.
Up Smash: Extends sword upwards.

Neutral Aerial: Basic quick forward slash in the air.
Forward Aerial: Extends sword outwards. Very similar animation to Robin's forward aerial.

Note about specials: Each special move has four different spells you can attach to them.

Neutral Special:
Sizz - shoots out of a fireball. Chargeable. The more you charge the bigger, faster, and more powerful it becomes.
Psyche Up
Oomph
Snooze - Slow moving orb that travels through opponents putting them to sleep.
Note: Psyche Up and Oomph both increase your attack power in the DQ games, but I think here, one of them will increase defense instead.

Side Special:
Zap - Shoots out a lightning bolt. Less powerful version of Robin's full charged lightning.
Kacrackle Slash - Forward slash that freezes opponents on contact

Up Special:
Woosh - Summons a tornado below him, thrusting him upwards. The tornado remains where he summoned it for a bit and anyone who runs into it is also thrown upwards. Appears to be chargeable. Seems like charging it to its max will cause two tornados to appear.
Zoom - Fly up really high. Most likely his best recovery move.

Down Special:
Bounce - Reflects projectiles
Kaclang - Makes him temporary invincible but can't move or perform any action
Kamikaze - Makes him invulnerable. Build up damage and give it back in an explosion around you.

Taunt 1: Thrust sword upwards, it shimmers.
Taunt 2: A slime appears around his feet and he stumbles.

Unique attributes:

Keeps his shield in front of him when not moving or performing any action. Functions identical to Link's shield.

He may have a sweet spot on the tip of his sword.

Attached: dragon ball characters.png (1280x720, 1.48M)

That's what his class is called and what the main characters of all DQ are called. Their technical name is Yuusha which is basically "brave man". Or something to that effect.

Hero seems like he might be a bit cumbersome. I'd need a more in-depth explanation of how his magic works before deciding. Banjo looks fun, but again I need a better explanation of how he works, like do you need to switch stances to use Kazooie or is she automatic as long as you have feathers? There isn't much to go on.

BK yes, they actually look pretty speedy.

My question is how does the attaching work. Is it like customs do you think?

Banjo looks pretty unique, though some moves are taken from Duck Hunt.

Dash: Banjo gets on Kazooie's back and Kazooie runs. This may be a special?

Jab: Three punch jab.

Forward Smash: Banjo uses Kazooie like a bayonet.

Down Smash: Banjo slams Kazooie in front of him.

Dash attack: Kazooie extends her beak forwards like the duck in Duck Hunt.

Side Aerials: Kazooie extends her beak forwards or backwards like the duck in Duck Hunt.

Special: A dash attack that propels the duo foward. Icons of Kazooie's feather appears, showing how many times you can spam the special dash attack.

Side special: Two versions. Standing version is Banjo gets on all fours and allows Kazooie to spit out eggs in front of them. Second version is when Banjo is moving, he takes Kazooie out and uses her as a gun.

Up Special: A launch pad appears below Banjo launching him upwards. While in the air, Kazooie can flap her wings to make the duo fly a bit.

Down special: Kazooie shits out a grenade behind them.

Attached: banjo_kazooie_smash.jpg (780x439, 46K)

No, you can switch them mid-battle. My original guess was that B or Down+B would be used to bring up the menu, but that's not correct since there are plenty of neutral and side specials. It could be one of the taunt buttons.

>do you need to switch stances to use Kazooie
No, Banjo-Kazooie is not a stance fighter. They function a lot like Duck Hunt.

The feathers are for the neutral special move.

>Hero seems like he might be a bit cumbersome
I feel the same way. I can see myself forgetting which specials I have equipped at the wrong time. That happens a lot when I play as Mii fighters (that's arguably a little different tho since mii fighters have predetermined specials and hero can at least change his specials in the battle).

>cool, why is he just called hero, though
Yea, seeing "the hero" popped up irked him. None of the DQ heroes have canonical names tho and none of them have any real interesting titles.

>we got our first full on characters made outside of Japan

Diddy Kong is fully western I thought?

I really hope they let you pick different egg types somehow having just classic and gernade is weird

tl;dr
Hero is Link with Robin's specials
Kazooie is pretty much fully unique with a few moves ctrl c ctrl v'd from Duckhunt

>excited to play as either of them
>when this game has horrible online
"No!"

t. has a shit connection and blames the games for his problems

user, every match online has input delay regardless of how good your internet is, and the buffer system in this game doesn't help

i really wanna play banjo

I play every other game fine. Including Splatoon which is 4v4. Yet, playing Smash online with 4 people and another 4 watching is straight up impossible.

Banjo looks cool
>basic projectile, can also be used to approach with blaster
>makes grenades that you hopefully have time to grab and use
>side-b full of invulnerability
>up-b looks like Sonic's
>could have multiple jumps
Hero also looks fun but if you need to select every spell from the top of the menu then he'll be slow as shit and everything will be dodged/shielded or you'll get hit out of menu

>

No, but I am excited at the possibility of a new Banjo game or hd remaster because that model is very high quality and so is spiral mountain in the trailer. A man can dream.