You excited?

You excited?

Attached: 7CCAC12B-CB36-4803-83F2-BD43E8D5B3D3.jpg (299x168, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

calamitymod.gamepedia.com/Drunk_Princess
calamitymod.gamepedia.com/Fabsol_(item)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This an update? What is new and when can I get it? I literally just started playing yesterday it pretty fun

Nigger use Google

I'm excited, but there's no fucking date, so I'm actually agitated since I have nothing else to do despite all the stuff at E3.

Epic exclusive

Attached: 1536782630863.png (905x619, 566K)

>QoL changes
Heck yes.
>weather changes and more collectibles
Very cool.
>a new boss of sorts
Nice.
>Master difficulty
Lame. Expert mode was already an unfun cheese grinder due to bullet sponge ×100 and ridiculously high damage that reduced all strategies to 'just don't get hit lmao'
Sad that I'll have to replay this game again from 0 just to get the 'full game experience' from this artificial difficulty gated bs

i have never experienced a feel

you wish, they already said they wouldn't sell their souls

wasnt the trailer cut short at the PC gayming show?

>expert mode
>hard
maybe on your first playthrough, lmfao

sure

>journey's end
>penultimate update
what did they mean by this

yes

We’ll know once we play. I imagine there’s new lore finally.

The end of the journey is just the beginning, then there is the destination

The guy mispoke

It’s not hard, just fucking obnoxious. A majority of endgame bosses just become riding a Minecart from one end of the map to the other and shooting the boss until it dies in 10 minutes.

I'd be excited if they added new content or announced Terraria 2, not some shitty flavor shit like gay wind that they are working on for over 2 years.

making a more interesting simulation would be the foundation of another game

there's nearly a thousand new items in the update

Who are you quoting? I said it was too tedious, not too hard.
It is stupid to lock items behind the difficulty setting in a game that values collecting everything you find.
It is stupid to lock interesting boss mechanics behind bullet sponges and OHKOs.
It is stupid to assume that everyone enjoys this game because it's "hard".

there is nothing stupid about being rewarded for playing on the harder difficulty

there's literally no reward for master mode

Im cautiously optimistic and tempering my expectations.

I dont want to get too hyped, because I know for a fact that not everything will be fixed or streamlined to not be obnoxious, and I above all care about actual content, so for me shit like golf is useless. Im interested in Nautilus and the rest of the new stuff like scarab bombs, drill spear and other weapons that can come in and make stuff change a bit but I know that stuff like mushroomium bars will still be boring, that the early game can be beyond boring, world gen can be finicky (and add to the previous point) and that some weapons are just shit as a whole and wont be fixed.

Will the game be shaken at its foundations, completely overhauled and make infinitely better? No, it wont. But it does have the potential to be a very, very good update to an already very nice game.

For that, Im not gonna be cynical, but I will remember the mistakes and shortcomings that still exist and expect the good content to come but the mistakes to still remain.

Attached: 1539675344197.jpg (500x500, 30K)

>i should be able to facetank bosses with melee gear and have them die in 30 seconds
yeah no thanks, i'll keep playing the game where you have to actually dodge.

That's why their trailer was cut short at the Epic press conference powered by EGS

Yes there is.
It is like saying the true ending of a rpg is in the newgame+ when you've slogged your way through the whole game AGAIN just for some minor extras.
The reward IS the difficulty, and if you need a carrot on a stick to use it then it shouldn't exist.
If master mode has no extra items, inventory slots, etc. Then it is a step in the right direction.

Why haven't these retards made a new game yet?

It means this is the last actual progression update, the next one will probably be smaller and just deliver on the handful of things that have been promised up to this point such as a creative mode before they finally announce Terraria 2.

Terraria just needs bridging bosses before mechanical and moon lord.

If they fix that then we're good.

FUCK YEAH I'M EXCITED YOU FUCKING NIGGER I'M WAITING TO START A NEW PLAYTHROUGH MOTHERFUCKER SHIT

because you're the retard here
when you have a game like Terraria that's still being worked upon, you can't just ""make a new one"".
They've gone on about this multiple times. They prefer to take their time and make a sequel that can actually live up to the first game in all its glory. and if you weren't a dumbass you would prefer the same

i think the game still does well and it has a lot of content
starting anew creates a big hill to climb

What do we actually know about master mode? I'm the under the impression it's a NG+ sort of thing which I believe they've mentioned in the past. Normal and Expert are still the only options on the worldgen screen, so I'm guessing it's something independent of that which can be done in either difficulty.

>nigger
LOL this is 2019.

Because they're lazy as fuck

When are you supposed to play the tower defense event in terms of gear/bossfight progression?
Forgot about it until after pillars and moonlord and it was unsurprisingly a snoozefest.

Nig... nog?

bait

>not saying the true insult
Listen here you fucking teaspoon, go the fuck back to read it.

Mech bosses signal the start of hard mode as a retread of the OG three, and while the forced spawning can be awkward, I'm not sure what you'd be able to thematically fit right after WoF and where. I'll agree the Cultist-Pillars-ML loop is also awkward, but adding more to that isn't going to fix the problem.

It has three difficulties that scale with world progression. You're meant to do it very early in the game and then keep doing it later. The gear isn't super useful for progression until the final tier, but the summoning staves are nice throughout the game.

assuming this is solo
to start with, you do it after you kill a mechanical boss. doing it before that point yields too few medals and just becomes boring
post-mechanical boss will give you 25 medals per run
after 4 full runs, you'll have enough medals to get a full set of squire armor and a T2 ballista
after that, don't touch it until after you kill golem
post-golem you then just grind it out until you get a valhalla set and a T3 ballista and then however many tries it takes to get the desired weapons from the dragon boss

>You excited?

Yep.
Unbelievably so.

All the new content coming looks amazing, but what I'm most hype for specifically:
-ALL THAT EXCESSIVE NEW FISHING CONTENT. I think the fishing stuff in Terraria has just been faaaaantastic and I'm thrilled to see more. MORE CRATES. MORE FISH. MORE FISHING. A WHOLE NEW FUCKING FISHING BOSS.
-You see that fuckin' Oasis Mini-Biome? Amazing. Spectacular. Love it. Looks gorgeous.
-Also lately, but not leastly, that GRAVEYARD MINI-BIOME. God damn does that look fucking COOL. I dunno about you guys, but I already make graveyards, mausoleums, and tombs in my own games- always have. I'm big on "village building" as opposed to.. Abstract constructions or commie blocks, so a GRAVEYARD BIOME is right up my alley.

I just can't wait!
I'm pissed there's no release date though, rip.

Attached: Anime_Intensifies.gif (512x512, 639K)

The guy's been confirmed to have accidentally said the wrong thing.

This will be the final update.

it's especially funny that this was one of few things at the pc gaming show worth watching, and the trailer was "suddenly" cut and not replayed.
there is NO FUCKING WAY that was a coincidence. relogic refused to bend the knee to those slimy cunts at epic, who sponsored the show, and it just so happens that the terraria trailer was the ONLY one with any kind of technical difficulties.
it bears repeating; FUCK epic games

I only defeated the giant eye and the skeleton boss and then explored his dungeon. What should I do next? I'm tired of exploring caves.

dig straight to hell, my friend, and enjoy the ride
or explore the jungle a bit

"Ultimate" has become more of a qualitative statement now so a lot of people falsely use "penultimate" when they actually mean "ultimate" literally for once

Bad bait, faggot nigger.

Terraria has and always will be based

I did this for a while before someone pointed it out to me.
No idea where I picked it up.

is it just me or would the game be better off without all the fishing and potion making stuff

>fishing
probably
>potion making
eeeh probably not. even if you’re a lazy shit it just takes like 5 minutes to get yourself a shitload of dayblooms + iron to make ironskin for +8 defense and that’s all you’ll ever need for 90% of the battles

I can maybe understand fishing, but nothing you get from fishing is vital, and that includes the stuff needed to make the cell phone. It has the benifit of speeding up earlygame for those who aren't interested in it, I would say it's existence is a net positive overall. The tedium of sitting in a place and fishing is nothing compared to the earlygame slog of upgrading like 8 different picks slowly and the worldfuckery of breaking altars.

I have no clue what you have against potion making though, it's a very straight foward mechanic.

Ultimately, you don't have to engage with either, so them just existing isn't a problem.

This update could not be better.

Attached: 1560193829697.png (565x229, 39K)

There is too much grinding and stuff in this game/
I am not that autistic to like it

Is that the Calamity mod dude? If so, absolutely based, fuck him and his retarded edgy shit.

>grinding
>in Terraria

Attached: smoldier.jpg (680x645, 37K)

He's not wrong, the game developed a 1% droprate fetish, fishing as a concept is grindy, so while things from it aren't nessesary, if you do want something from it, it's a lot of rng if you'll get it or not.

Plus, getting building materials in whatever quanity you might need could be considered a grind.

>this kills the fabsol
Absolutely based.

>terraria
>no grinding

Attached: 1452126425353.jpg (268x415, 36K)

Someone never got the ankh shield

>implying you need a single 10% or lower drop to beat the game
Everything that happens upon you while exploring should simply be appreciated as a boon.

>not collecting every item in the game
casual begone

Just because it's optional doesn't mean the grind doesn't exist, user.
People who want builds more concise than mishmash sets will have to sit down and grind out some drops eventually.

is the U.I still absolute ass in this game? also the camera distance really turned me off
starbound unironcally did both of those things better but everything else worse

I have, multiple times. 2% on common enemies just doesn't seem like much of a grind to me, I suppose.

You cannot argue that you're some autistic hoarder and at the same time complain about grinding.

>You cannot argue that you're some autistic hoarder and at the same time complain about grinding.

In saying this, you admit that there is grind in terraria.

I'm not trying to defend autism hoarding or not, i'm just trying to say that there IS grinding in terraria.

I've already admitted that there is grinding before this. I also said that you don't need to do any of it to beat the game, and that what you may consider as grinding is extremely limited, especially relative to other games.

>also the camera distance really turned me off
pretty sure you can zoom in

>further fuck the balance
so he admits his own mod is completely fucked and yet he still persists?
get fucked fagsol

Attached: 1558489506494.png (700x700, 184K)

Dude, shut the FUCK up.

I'm cute because I play terraria, anyone else agree?

So is this actually going to be the "end" of terraria support? Is terraria 2 actually happening?

I really hope we get farming, or other comfy stuff that gives you more of a reason to stick iin one place and just relax.

Damn fucking right I am, I've been holding out making a new world for months just for this.
based

Maybe they'll actually do something with that otherworld project now.
Unless they just recycle whatever they had into journey's end.

they are partnering with mojang to make a new title of the same genre

>Terraria devs said no to the Tencent bribes
>Epic cuts off their trailer on the PC E3 showcase because they're mad at them
>nobody at the conference addresses this

Attached: 1554020610213.gif (100x100, 23K)

>no new bosses
I sleep
Redpill me on the new Terraria update. I've got several hundred hours already.

Attached: 1551637110675.jpg (430x350, 98K)

YEAH!

Were you so blind you didnt notice Blood Nautilus user?

Attached: 1489575378841.png (530x542, 98K)

>Please tell me this is Calamity
>It is
I find it amusing this little cunt is whining about MUH BALANCE when this mod is easily the worst big mod for balance. GET FUCKED! Hope the good mods manage just fine.

Thought it was a blood moon spawn or maybe the 'boss' of a blood moon invasion like pirates.
Is it really a proper boss?

Fishing is cool, the daily limit on quest turn-ins and atrocious RNG on the cell phone parts is not cool. Crates are OP.

there are unobtrusive mods that just add bosses and ways to summon them without changing the base game

Wasnt it straight up fished from the ocean at a bloodmoon? Seems to me like a proper one, just either crimson restricted (with blood moon being crimson somehow?) or bloodmoon.

I've bought Terraria a few years ago but still haven't played it.
The new trailer makes me want to try it, should I play it now or wait for the update?

Not really, we've known it's been coming for months now.
I'm just waiting for it to finally come out so when it's finally FINAL, then I could continue building my autism base

Might as well play now while you have time.
New content is just that, new content with QoL.
You're not missing much by playing now, the whole meat of the game is already there.

>mojang
these retards cant even work in minecraft properly that they broke multiplayer performance hard in the ass for an entire month

Attached: 1560273964174.gif (300x170, 817K)

>master mode
now there's another unfun 1HKO mode to never touch

>Terraria: Endgame

How can they feasibly release Terraria 2, ever? The first game now has 8 years worth of updates in it, and more to come. There's no way 2 will be able to match it in content.

just take the Starbound route and have you travel from planet to planet where they're all just color swaps with a few different dungeons, except this time each world is like a smaller version of Terraria 1's worlds

>expert mode is hard
Expert Mode is hard in the first hour or so, after that it's a literal cakewalk if you're somewhat decent at the game. The fact that you need to dodge alot is literally the point of the difficulty.

Terraria 2 has been planned and in the works for a while and probably has a shared codebase with the first game. They've probably been building T1 updates in a portable way for years so that they don't have to duplicate efforts for T2. It's just going to be a graphical overhaul with a new progression, but otherwise the same base game.

I don't see why they wouldn't hold off on things like Expert mode and so on for later updates, so it's not like 100% of T1's content has to be present in the sequel right from the start.

M8 getting the Enchanted Sword, Arkhalis, Daedalus Stormbow, Terrablade, Paladins Hammer and Meowmere is a pain in the ass but totally worth it

Well... Terrablade not so much anymore I guess

If they released t2 with a deficit of content at first, given how terraria ended up, I'd have some faith they'd add to it over time and it'd blossom into a great game.

That might just be terraria having built up enough good will for me to give them the benefit of the doubt in the future.

Craft a fucking Smartphone in Terraria bitch, I dare you I fucking dare you

I hope the bestiary isn't moddable.

Attached: 1387695875309.gif (495x378, 685K)

Holy shit! I've only recently crafted a smartphone this year, and I've been trying to do that for the whole of the time I played Terraria in 2018.

Biggest obstacle is that son of a bitch orphan angler boy who just wont give you the ingredients

Hes the only reason I have finished 100 fishing quests

someone fill me in on this, I'm assuming it's an autistic mod maker?

nigger

just IMAGINE the garbage mob lore he'd write
IMAGINE how edgy and teen aingsty it'll be.

fagnigger

I had to resort to exploits just to get his shit
The monster bitch girl in the underground is another matter. Sometimes she's so rare she just won't show up.

Oh no, I failed the moon lord again. If only I had a device that told me the moon phase and my fishing power, I would be victorious!

Calamity's mod maker, a bit of a twit that has been dragging it out almost as bad as Yandev.

Calamity mod dev, who is an attentionwhoring brony with an attitude.

Suposedly its the creator of Calamity, a mod that is wildly unbalanced, shitty, low effort, adding in "quality lore", in the same sense that 50 shades is "a literary epic to match spearshake", with some seriously 13 year old tier edge wanabee shit and that is widely regarded as one of the most bloated, cringy mods out there.

Id tell you to look into it, but being frank, I just would not bother, its not worth even looking into a video of it, you can do better stuff with your time.

nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger

Lost girl? i practically made a spawn box for her
and later on she just kept invading my underground jungle farm box. desire sensor is weird

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GET FUCKED HORSEFUCKERS

Post Calamity cringe.
calamitymod.gamepedia.com/Drunk_Princess

Attached: drank princess.png (775x939, 72K)

>LMAO ALCOHOL AM I RIGHT
glad I never bothered to mod terraria, thank fuck

Attached: 1559407965386m.jpg (691x1024, 81K)

calamitymod.gamepedia.com/Fabsol_(item)

Attached: too many calcium.jpg (312x312, 59K)

So easy to bait Yea Forums these days. At this point I'm convinced at least some of these posters were already aware but just wanted an opportunity to go off at someone.

>Dude homosexuality and alcoholism lmao
What a fag

try thorium at least. its a great, balance progression mod that fill the missing bridge between tiers

It's always been easy to bait Yea Forums you fucking newfag

Meh. It's gonna suck.

There are some decent mods out there. Then again, there are a lot like calamity. Ask in a terraria thread sometime which ones are worth installing

This

coon

>It's always been easy to bait Yea Forums you fucking newfag
True. I often forget that teenagers who got bored with reddit use this site.

The general on /vg/ has a pastebin of recommended mods too.

Read rule 3 nigtards

I cant be fucked to mod the game. Call me autistic but I really dont want to relearn the order of things and risk missing out on content then having to do it while massively overgeared.

Attached: 1553305313820.png (725x664, 347K)

Shut up nigger

Huh?

I think those anons were serious this time. The average Yea Forums user is like 13 years old, it's safe to assume they still think just saying nigger makes them funny and cool.

Shut up double nigger

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

Attached: 180819.jpg (225x225, 10K)

you guys are just being butthurt for the sake of being butthurt here
the mod has severe issues in regards to balance, but getting angry at jokes is retarded

very excite

Attached: dwin beags.png (465x369, 7K)

Back to plebbit

IMAGINE
MASTER SERVERS WITH Yea Forums

Attached: black knight fe.jpg (553x340, 31K)

My journey ended a while ago.
Shit game, wasted potential.

Attached: asd.jpg (302x110, 14K)

I feel the same. Also the mods usually aren't within the game dev's scope of artistic vision, and end up clashing with it. I don't want to play two games that are trying to fight eachother at the same time, and I want to have one experience that I can consider (pen)ultimate.

What turned you off about it user? Seeing your last date played, the game may have changed enough to be to your liking now or soon.

>no release date still
>not even a release window beside 'sometime this year'
Markedly less exited than I would have been. A lot of the new menus seem nice. I hope the Bestiary shows monster drops. Recipe Browser mod is a godsend and I'm not sure I can play without it anymore. Its essentially an in-game wiki.

Faggot didn't even reach eye of chtulu

Base mode already is an artificial difficulty mess

>LOL this is 2019.
Doublenigger.

Suppose I want a larger pool of super rare items to sometimes randomly stumble upon while playing. These should preferably be mostly weird utilities like the Rod of Discord.
What mod would suit that best?

Attached: 1560319140886.png (589x603, 535K)

>jokes
Nothing about that is funny. NOTHING.
And I'm not angry, its just amazing to think that a person is so out of touch that they cant see how cringey dialogue like this is.
How is it not bad if an entire character revolves around LMAO ADDICTION or LMAO GAY?

Attached: 1558564170778.jpg (721x708, 37K)

Nah

Will it break current mods? If so, then the update is a failure. There's not enough worthwhile content

Just make terraria 2 already for fucks sake

Ahahahaha so pathetic. Goes from "i wonder" to "AAAAAA EVERYTHING IS RUINED!!!!" in a matter of posts

>3 hours
>talks about wasted potential
And you are a waste of oxygen.

Expert mode's only fault is that the moon is absolutely fucking garbage
Other than that: just git gud

The blocks are really tiny, building houses for npcs is not working without a guide

wouldn't

wouldn't terraria 2 also break mods, user?

>wasted potential

after all those updates through the years. the version of 2019 is like a new game compared to 2012.

These are the people the Calamity mod attracts here

It's gonna be the most horribly indulgent shit ever and I can't wait to have a good laugh by reading it.

Attached: 1305888232283.gif (314x226, 1.63M)

That’s fine if you’re into that, the shit part is locking content behind it

HECK YEAH BABY
REASON TO DO FULL RUN AGAIN

I rather believe an opinion of someone dropping the game right away rather some addict that has 3000 hours and then says the game is bad.

They couldn't match it in terms of content, so my hopes are that it goes in a different direction and had the potential to blossom into something as great and huge as the first one without feeling like a complete re-tread.

Zoom in, then.

Expert mods better be more than just a damage multiplier...

>The blocks are really tiny
What makes this a problem for you?
>building houses for npcs is not working without a guide
They provided an ingame guide for it, and you'll see it's very simple once you experiment a little.

Terraria is flawed at its foundations, they should take the lessons learned and make a new game desu

Go back to /tg/ with your calamity boogeyman
nigger

good news then, the game has streamlined building a lot, with onscreen ruler, increased range, paint, (upcoming) replacing blocks and stuffs on the go

>le reply to everyone meme
Fuck off nigger

That might be the case and I try it again for an evening. Maybe it's cool now.

get some glasses, retard, or a bigger screen

>needing a guide
The ingame guide (NPC) literally tells you how to get several of the NPCs and even then all you need to do is always having an empty house so they can move in as you play, which is what you had to do before.
Do you really have to be spoonfed everything?

>The guide literally tells you that a house needs a chair, a table, a door and a lightsource
Holy shit user

Why? One likely lacks sufficient information to make an informed assessment, and the other will be acutely aware of everything good and bad.

The same way risk of rain 2 is a sequel despite having less content

Which content are you locked out of?

>Implying I even play Trash-raria
Assfuck yourself with a broken bottle you silly n-word

Destroy the orbs in the corruption/crimson so a meteor can spawn

Someone that played a game for years invested a lot of time and effort into it, so even if they know the details and why the game might actually be bad, they will continue playing and that doesn't make any sense, while a new player doesn't feel any connection and judges the raw experience he has right infront of him.

Yeah but it really kinda is just a chore, i wish i could just buy them instead

>ask several questions relevant to thread
>0 replies
>call some insecure tweens out
>(You) City
I almost forgot, after E3 there's no reason to come to this shithole over /vg/.
So long, fags.
Whenever you have a hard time discussing anything but shitty memes, remember that every day you make this choice. This is a garbage dump of your own making!

Attached: 1558680205512.png (400x400, 131K)

Nigger you for real

I was really hoping the update would be out soon. I really want to replay terraria

>Gets called a nigger on Yea Forums
>lol i baited you guise

See you tomorrow

Well for a game with sequels or tons of updates the rationale would be that you already have a lot of time invested before the point that you started actively disliking it and then you kept going because you had something you liked and didn't want to give up on it immediately, in hopes that your first impression of the shitty changes was wrong.
Why wouldn't you want to listen to someone who has more stakes in it? Some fag with two hours could lie out of their teeth or just be really stupid, it wouldn't matter to them anyway.

woah

>hey interesting thread, any more info?
>LOL not spoonfeeding just use google ;)
nice board you fucking niggers

Onyx Blaster

Stupid doubleniggerfag