Dragon Quest XI

Play DQXI right now, how do I make this cunt good? Will dual knives make him good or have I wasted my skill points going down the knife tree?

Attached: DQXI_Camus_art.png (411x950, 357K)

Use dual knives, retard

What is a Wiki?

No you're doing right. He's a beast late game. He also destroyed the final boss with the right setup. Get the poison knife skill, victimiser and duplicate and watch things die

He starts out a bit weak, but you can't really go wrong with any path on him.

Dual knives using divide and victimize can dish out the single largest hits in the game towards the end, at the expense of needing a few turns to set it up. and dual swords can consistently hit hard every turn, due to him getting a massive amount of raw + damage with them, along with strong skills. Heck, even dual boomerangs are really useful in certain battles.

Boy I'm sure glad I decided to wait on getting this. Is every character viable?

You can get the ability that does a shitton of damage to sleeping enemies by the time you face the Desert Scorpion. Erik's busted when it comes to single-target damage.

dual swords will make him the strongest character in the game

Yeah. They are all nesscary at one point.

Yes except eight

Their usefulness comes and goes, but everyone's useful-- even if they weren't, you can swap party members in and out during battle. Essentially, you have all 8 characters in your party at all times, just you can only have 4 active on the "front line"

So it's one of those games where you are swapping to optimal teams for each area/boss instead of sticking with one team huh

You can stick to one team if you don't want to level 8 characters.

>post yfw YOU'RE NOT GONNA LIKE IT!

Attached: 1554099901126.jpg (974x736, 908K)

>Yes except eight
Axe + Shield has a great moveset, you're insane. Shield give a lot of defensive and counter moves for the nasty bosses. Axes give a 2.2x damage move against groups with no damage dropoff, a 3x damage move with chance to paralyze for bosses, and a crit move for metal slime hunting. Eight gets Kabuff, Moreheal for making fights more mangeable, and Kerplunk when shit hits the fan. He's way more versatile than Jade.

>luminary for sub heals and ok damage
>sylvando to buff erik and heal
>erik to two shot bosses
>veronic for everything else
No reason to use eight ever

You are forced to use him until you get everyone else back.

And once you get a real party he is worthless.

>no Kabuff user
I'd rather have Serena than Luminary, especially if Sylvando is on the team.

Hey, he saved my ass during the first final boss.

Serena is shit during chapter 3 where she loses everything that would have made her better than veronica.

Chapter 2 Serena could only randomly double cast. Chapter 3 Serena can double cast any buff or spell with the help of Sylvando's chapter 3 skill Ladies First. In non-healing turns, you can have Sylvando give his turns to Veronica instead for back to back kabooms. Giving one character both roles of nuker and healer is tactically limiting because they can't fulfill both roles in the same turn. You may not like it, but long hair Serena is what peak performance looks like.

Two knives, then eventually two swords

I oneshot the Giant Squid boss with Erik on my first playthrough. That should be telling of how fucking busted he is.

He gets crazy broken late game
You will know when you get there with his skills

Wouldn't say he's broken since you need to set him up well

Setting him up takes significantly less turns to win a fight than do it normally.

the idea is to use sylvando to give enemies status effects so eric can wreck them