Elden Ring

sea.ign.com/elden-ring/150571/news/dark-souls-and-bloodborne-creator-says-elden-ring-is-a-vast-open-world-souls-like-game-e3-2019
news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/09/hidetaka-miyazaki-and-george-rr-martin-present-elden-ring/
>Biggest Fromsoft game to date
>Miyazaki take on open world
>Mount confirm
>Heavily focus on RPG
>Epic and horrifying bosses
>Character creation is back
>Largest variety of weapons and spells, more than souls series
Now they just need to confirm Co-op and PVP and this will be the game of forever.

Attached: D81eD-LWkAApBQ3.jpg (1200x907, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0nJll6hoRib
playstationlifestyle.net/2019/06/11/dark-souls-sales-series-25-million/#/slide/1
youtube.com/watch?v=jWRgKolp7LQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BhjDnrw34QA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Lords of the Rings
I will concede that Tolkien's academic works advanced the appreciation of literature greatly, and that his books literally carved out and fleshed out the modern western fantasy setting .

BUT FUCK ME THE BOOKS ARE HOT GARBAGE

ANYONE WHO WRITES FORTY PAGES OF ELF SONGS JUST TO PAD OUT HIS BOOK LENGTH NEEDS TO BE HANGED

AND CREATING YOUR OWN LANGUAGE FOR YOUR MADE-UP FANTASY WORLD?

THAT AIN'T FUCKIN' "KEWL" OR "SMURT", THAT'S ABHORRENT.

HE DIDN'T NEED ACCLAIM, HE NEEDED PROFESSIONAL CARE

AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE MOUTH-BREATHING CAPE-SHITTING NERDY GEEKY DORKY WACKY EPIC BOZOS THAT NOT ONLY BUY EVERYTHING HOBBIT AND RING RELATED, BUT TREAT IT AS IF IT WERE THE GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT IN WRITTEN AND CINEMATIC HISTORY

THAT GOES QUADRUPLE FOR HARRY POTTER AND ANYONE WHO EVEN REMOTELY ENJOYS THAT CONTENT AFTER THE AGE OF TWELVE

EVERY SINGLE "TOLKIEN FAN" OR "POTTERMORE PAL" I HAVE EVER MET EITHER

A. BRAINLESSLY FLOATED ALONG EATING THIS CAKED POOP SO THAT THEIR 'FWIENDS' WOULD LIKE THEIR POSTS ON FACEBOOK

OR

B. FUCKING CRUSADED AGAINST ANYONE WHO DARE BLASPHEME HIS HIGHNESS JOHN RONALD OR HER MAJESTY JOANNE, THE LAST GREAT SAVIOURS OF THE PENNED PROSE

FUCK THOSE RETARDS

I HATE THE BOOKS, I HATE THE MOVIES, I HATE THE FANS, I HATE THE MARKETING OF THESE SHIT IDEAS, I HATE ALL OF IT.

AND MOST OF ALL, I HATE THAT THE ONE GOOD FANTASY SERIES THAT WOULD HAVE MADE FOR AN INCREDIBLE COMEDIC MOVIE SERIES GOT FUCKING SWEPT UNDER THE RUG AS SOON AS HARRY NUTSACK AND THE SHITDICKSS OF ASSCANCER PLOPPED INTO THE MAINSTREAM

LORD OF THE RINGS AND HARRY POTTER WERE A MISTAKE:

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DISCWORLD

Is this official art?

Is that actually official art or fanart? If it's official, I find it weird that the legs have no armor covering.

OOHH ELDEN RING

Attached: OOHH ELDEN RING.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

no

Attached: 1560190004953.png (968x688, 1.67M)

>Biggest Fromsoft game to date
>Miyazaki take on open world
>Epic and horrifying bosses

same shit they said for Sekiro, and it's probably their shallowest title yet

Elden Ring is based on Norse myth and that thing is this game's interpretation of a valkyrie

Attached: D81eD-LWkAApBQ3.jpg (2858x2160, 1013K)

Thankfully that """leak""" was proven to be wrong.

Would you multiplayer fags just fuck off already? People only give a shit about the single-player

heck no lmao

>Google this
>No results except for this thread

Attached: 52746307.jpg (510x450, 36K)

Don't think they ever said Sekiro was going to the biggest and an open world game

Are you okay?

>Character creation is back
Was it gone?

the spoilers were true
this literally is just a dark souls game

Sekiro removed it.

What leak? I'm just saying it out of observation. The whole sun worship/Elden Ring is so prevalent in Norse myth. Same parallels were also obviously drawn in Dark Souls, in fact this game is Dark Souls 4 in all but name since the interviews have mentioned that there will be call backs to the series.

>>Character creation is back
>Was it gone?
Sekiro had no character customization

Oh shit I just realized she's like a mannequin

Probably no one cares but I have a set of five characters I always play in Souls games (with character creation) and the last of those is literally a mannequin-esque Valkyrie. This aesthetic is basically how I envisioned that character and it's really weird.

That's gay

>mannequin
No she's just an amputee.

It's from software
Why would they suddenly change the formula if it has been successful so many times, 0even for non souls games like bb and sekiro?

The Elden Ring logo itself also appears to be a stylized Valknut.

>Harry Nutsack and the Shitdicks of Asscancer

Attached: 81310573.jpg (409x393, 32K)

Is this autism??

That's a copypasta from Yea Forums

It is. The Elden Ring is Brisingamen

>Largest variety of weapons and spells, more than souls series
Doesn't matter if the gameplay is still as simplistic as souls was. Also, magic in a game that tries to appease to both melee and magic/ranged playstyles will always have shit magic.
Magic in souls games has always felt shit to use.
Honestly i really hope there's no roll button in this game and we have some other thing instead. Please don't let it be a souls clone.
We've already had more or less the same game 6 times or so.

Nope, the opposite. They said as long as ds3 AND only one weapon, no armor, no mp, no fashion. It was clear from the very beginning that sekiro was just filler.

Attached: IMG_20190511_163604.jpg (562x478, 49K)

Sekiro did improve upon combat mechanics though.
Going back to roll spam would feel terrible after the improvements they made to core combat in that game. Especially after other action games like Nu-God of War and Nioh despite being deeply flawed have pushed the envelope in terms of 3rd person action combat in a non-spectacle-action-game.

>R1 smash + parry only good
Kys

DON'T TELL ME YOU DON'T SEE IT

LOOK UP AT THE SKY

Attached: IT BURNS.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

i hope this game has some of sekiro's action mechanics in it
spamming a clunky dodge and applying some pattern recognition is all dark souls is to me

What is this user, what am I looking at

God you're fucking retarded

>mouthbreathing minimal effort strawman shat out for the sole purpose of meaningless contrarianism
Kill yourself, insect.

What do you mean "don't tell me you don't see it"?
You just told me that you doubt i could even imagine it.

Honestly the monologue in the trailer is laughibly bad and doesn't say anything.

Attached: 1538636368182.jpg (251x242, 14K)

Hope it has a katana. Or ten.

Attached: 1560236964477.jpg (401x401, 33K)

PRATCHFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

it's not going to have any multiplayer
pvp cucks on suicide watch

>same shit they said for Sekiro
Nah, whenever asked about scope and size about Sekiro they ALWAYS responded with "it's similar in length to previous games."

dark souls lore was dumb and not interesting
it's sad that this game seems to be an off shoot of that

it's based on finnish mythology

This, simplest game I've ever seen. Shit story, shit combat.

Maybe since this games mythos was written by GRRM and not Miyazaki for once maybe we won't get a garbage and silly "muh time is convoluted" excuse for inconsistencies this time.
Maybe they'll actually have to try to make something where the pieces fit together neatly for once.

Miyazaki boner for berserk need to stop

Attached: a9bc3a4a04123757a936d93a7a91699f.jpg (754x1060, 120K)

Will you shit up every thread like this?

NO PVP? NO FUCKING BUY

Attached: 1560133588799.jpg (326x272, 22K)

You people really are the biggest mouthbreathers on the planet. That goes for all of you insects who say "it's based on X mythology- no it's based on Y mythology!"

Have you retards ever thought about that this game has its own mythos that draws inspiration from multiple mythologies and worlds rather than just a single one? Fuck you, retards.

If anything he has to make a real berserk game.

>Wilkinson: What genre do you think Elden Ring will fall under?

>Miyazaki: It is a third-person action RPG.

>Unlike Sekiro, which has a heavy focus on action, Elden Ring puts more focus on RPG elements.

>Of course, we are not shying away from the fun of responsive melee-based combat, and these elements will be present as well.

You kys dumbass

You'll get this masterful writing instead

Attached: GRRM writing.png (1616x272, 452K)

Why contain it

Attached: 1560254669312.jpg (1497x828, 802K)

Reminder nobody talks about Sekiro anymore. This game will be more like Dark GOTY 2.

Attached: 1551523040464.gif (640x480, 1.26M)

Go cherrypick your dried dingleberries instead of reposting this every thread you retarded troglodyte

>"we're don't with the souls series for a while."
Sekiro
>"Okay that didn't count."
Elden Ring
>"STOP NOTICING THAT WE'RE NOW A ONE TRICK PONY!"

I miss Armored Core.

Attached: aptopix_trump_inauguration_53977_c0-268-2932-1977_s885x516.jpg (885x516, 52K)

Sekiro is GOTY so far.
Nobody carea about mechashit, maybe you and five other anons.

you are fucking retarded

I really wish From to bring back the parry mechanic from Sekiro since it made boss battles way fucking better and actually allowed to stick close to bosses for the majority of fights instead of jumping around like a retarded monkey.

why? ain't never gonna be no good berserk games.

This is the kind of brainlet who thinks Martin is good at writing

>being this new

Attached: 7qNTrHN.gif (260x195, 2M)

I doubt it. Sadly we will probably be going back to rolling 8 times at base stamina with enemies having to be designed around simplistic combat which means they'll all get their delayed roll catch "gotcha" moves back because that's the only way you can design things to be difficult in such a simplistic core combat.

Fromsoftware really should take a break from the whole dark fantasy setting for a while and do something drastically different. Making stuff set in similar settings for so long is bound to drain their inspiration and enthusiasm.

Yes and maybe the game writing will stop before the last 2 acts, like with George's book series, and they will be woefully unfinished and empty.

Actually, just look at the last 2 acts of DS1. George and Miyazaki are perfect for each other.

>open world
Oh, it's shit.

Will be kino if it has sekiro combat
Shit if it has souls combat

Stop lying. They never said Sekiro was an open world game or bigger than their other games. Though it is over 40 hours long, which is a lot bigger than DS3 that is for sure. It also had way more depth to its story and characters than DS3. Best boss fights in FromSoft history too.

I think you might have pretty low IQ.
It's been said numerous times that GRRM simply wrote the overall mythos of the world. Everything that takes place within the game, the story told inside the game and the dialogues and characters your meet (except maybe for some gods that are part of the mythos itself) will be conceived by From Software.
Anyways, either you just want to fling shit or your IQ is very, very low.

No it isn't. Sekiro wasn't an RPG.

>nordic mythos
>hot guy already shown
>souls like
>multiplat
My dick is ready

Attached: in conclusion my dick hard.jpg (749x747, 55K)

>“Elden Ring is a third-person action RPG with a fantasy setting. Gameplay-wise, it’s heavily based on Dark Souls.” Miyazaki explained
>“However, that doesn’t mean that it plays out in the same way. With a more open and vast environment, the way combat plays out becomes fundamentally different.”

Attached: same.gif (320x240, 611K)

Just because you are low IQ and only used 2 buttons, won't change the fact that Sekiro has very deep combat, far superior to any of their other titles.

>nordic mythos
But it's not.

you are full of shit

they were pretty open about sekiro being a more typical action/stealth game and not some large openworld title

>open world

ew
>Fromsoft
eeeeew
>Miyazaki
fucking hack

Attached: 1476803323959.jpg (1080x1330, 116K)

I wouldn't really call it deep but it's certainly much more varied in how enemies react to your attacks or you react to enemy attacks than souls games.

it's fucking dark souls 4
at least sekiro was a good action game
who wants to play these slow as sludge action rpg's for a 3rd time?

>soulless, overrated mainstream developer teams up with soulless, overrated mainstream tv show man
i guess this game is not meant for people with a triple digit iq, such as myself, then

Attached: 1531117284034.jpg (362x832, 67K)

shhhh even if it's not true, don't break the illusion, there's less than 5 games from this E3 I'm looking forward to and this is one of them

kill yourself

>pvpfags

Attached: walking garbage.jpg (500x574, 71K)

uuhh
me

>You just told me that you doubt i could even imagine it.

Pretty sure he was talking about the Elden Ring there, not the state of the sky.

>for a 3rd time
you mean for the 5th time

Are you retarded? How does it not tell anything? The narrator couldn't be any clearer about what he is talking about. The Elder Ring a star in the sky, and someone broke it. The narrator says to look up at the sky to see the ring. We then see the ring shaped star in the sky, shattered into pieces... The narrator then says that it being shattered "burns" c the giant catches on fire. In other words, the works is ending because someone broke the sun ring created by that smith god.

The narration in the trailer is fucking incredible. Pure 10/10 kino.

>Co-op and PVP

cringe

>me likey soulslike hehe
stop drooling

Then why does he say that he doubts i could even imagine it?
Just makes no sense.

Being 100% serious: I didn't know Yea Forums posts could be this long.

>lorefags

Attached: 1400886763865.jpg (490x490, 48K)

What fucking inconsistencies you retarded faggot. That was never used to explain anything else than Co-op. Nyt the only time it is ever said that the timberline is convoluted is when Solaire explains why different chosen undeads from parallel timelines can group up.

This but unironically

>wanting Hollyjew hacks to ruin Discworld as well
Based retard.

AC fags must truly be the most unintelligent fanbase on earth.

What does Animal Crossing have to do with this?

He's talking about Assassin's Creed

sekiro is going to come out as a gem as the years pass and the dark souls games mount up
also, I can imagine you are going to need a next gen console for this game to perform well

>it's an Eternal Ring sequel

great, eat shit.

Attached: 1234926529922.jpg (140x140, 5K)

I hope we got some kino imagery like this in ER, don't know why hackzaki cut this shit from DS3

Attached: 1284259632573164432.png (851x469, 625K)

vocaroo.com/i/s0nJll6hoRib

>open world

FUCKING
WHY

Damn shame
Souls combat is clunky as fuck

Are your really this stupid? Obviously that sentence is something about the consequences of the rings shattering being inconceivably bad.
You know, taking everything literally and being incapable of understanding context clues and euphemisms a sign of low functioning autism

Learn to read fuck face

I think it's pretty fucking obvious that the Elden Ring is both symbolic of the Sun as well as a material object. In the trailer we see a smith (god?) smashing the Elden Ring to pieces, thereby robbing the world of light which is a call back to the fading of the first flame in Dark Souls.

Dark Souls was set in a world where the last embers were starting to die. Elden Ring on the other hand is probably set in a world where flames have long been snuffed out. Nevertheless, the goals are still the same that is trying to rekindle the fires.

Why not? Imagine actually seeing vistas like this and then riding there?
And Miyazaki said it's not really "open world" in your traditional way. Like Ubisoft and Rockstar games. He seemingly meant it's bigger and more open ended than the previous games, letting us choose the path we go to first. Like the first Dark Souls only on a grander scale.

Attached: DRAGOON.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

He's clearly talking about Astral Chain

t.

Attached: american tolkien.jpg (645x729, 124K)

Nah, it will be similar to Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time. You have a bunch of intricately designed levels, and then a vast field that connects these different points of the game, except this time you be able to just go to any location from that field at any time instead of having to take certain paths to get to a certain area.

No you retard, he is creating the ring in the trailer, not smashing it. We are not shown who shatters it.
And yes obviously it is a physical ring that also manifests as a ring shaped star in the sky, as we see both, and the narrator says "that which commanded the stars", meaning the physical ring itself controls stars.

But re-watch the trailer, they make it very clear the smith is crafting the ring there, the narrator even says he is. The smith is literally shown using his own life force to create it.

Based
At least Shadow of Mordor was fun

>PLEASE NO PVP
>PLEASE NO ONLINE
>LE PLEASE ADD THAT SHIT TIER PARRY MECHANIC SO I CAN WIN THE GAME BY HOLDING ONE BUTTON
>PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER BORING 23 MINUTE GAME

fuck this board is cancer.

Attached: 1557696936187.png (675x827, 35K)

sci-fi channel already ruined discworld. get with the times nerd

See

pvp was always the absolute cancer of fromsoft games

Attached: are you frustrated.jpg (640x480, 47K)

I'm pretty sure that's what Miyazaki meant. His idea of "open world" is probably something like Crucifixion Swamp in Dark Souls 3 where you have one big area that leads to multiple routes. Either that or Majula in Dark Souls 2 which is a similar concept, but like 100x bigger.

>Now they just need to confirm Co-op and PVP and this will be the game of forever.
NO! GOD! NO! Fuck you, you fucking pvp retard. I fucking hate y'all cunts so much! From games were and always will be about single player experience. Go play your kawadooty, you fucking mong subhuman nigger shit! I fucking hate you so much aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Attached: 1556711307944.gif (516x402, 628K)

Not that user but I agree with him. The dude in the trailer is destroying the ring. See how pulverized dust is dripping down after the last hit.

Attached: er.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

cope Souls was literally designed around invasion and pvp.

>Fromsoftware really should take a break from the whole dark fantasy setting for a while
100% this
open world based on dark fantasy or medieval europe are overused and boring at this point. the reason why cyberpunk is getting a big hype like that is not only that it is coming from a famous and skilled developer, but that the setting of open world is really fresh to consumers. people want to dive into the place where you dont know yet. stop making dark fantasy nonsense.

>M-MOOOM!
>MOOOOOOOOOOM PULL THE WHITE ONE!

Attached: 1536940537818.jpg (484x560, 73K)

Return back to /lit, your kind isnt welcomed here.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1129x371, 113K)

Armored Core and Chromehounds pvp was a blast.

>PLEASE ADD PVP SO I CAN KILL NEWBIES WITH MY OVERLEVELED CHARACTER BECAUSE I'M TOO SHIT TO PLAY ANY REAL PVP GAME REEE

Shut up. They already said it will be different dark fantasy, not like DS.

What is the girl doing though.

>Why not?

Because Open World is overdone trash, and it hurt 9/10 games to go with it instead of a focused game world with a proper story and tight gameplay.

Bye bitch.

Attached: 1560015567351.jpg (530x530, 62K)

Fuck off I care

I'd take hundred dark fantasy games in europe than something like Sekiro. Jesus fucking christ Sekiro's lore was so goddamn boring. The only reason I'm putting up with Nioh 2 is because at least Team Ninja is known for fanservice and I can't say no to big tiddy girls.

>MOOOOM I CANT HANDLE REAL PVP GAMES SO I'M PLAYING DARK SOULS FOR THE PVP!!

no, you're cancer here, nigger faggot
based
CRINGE

>mainstream
I don't think that their most popular game selling 5 million makes it mainstream. GTA5 sold over 100millions, Skyrim and Diablo3 sold over 35 millions, those are mainstream games.

it's also extra ironic coming from you considering that Nier:A also reached 4 million copies sold, making it more popular than most From titles

t.casual bitch

Attached: what_rings_you_got__bitch___by_guywiththesuitcase_d7mib6i-pre.jpg (670x1192, 109K)

>Sekiro's lore was so goddamn boring
Not really. It's just you who are so fucking closeminded mong who can't into asian aesthetics.

>it will be different dark fantasy, not like DS.
then, they have made the same games consecutively five times except for sekiro

Is it a girl or not? I want my cock on those lips

>supporting open world trash
>supporting namco

no u

No idea. She's in the same place, wielding the same hammer and having similar cracked scars on the back. She also collapses the same way male does in that scene.

Attached: waifu.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

If the leaks are correct, the girl is supposed to be owner of the Elden Ring, but the Ring is corrupted and brings her great pain. The smith, who is her lover, finally ends her misery by smashing the ring with heavy regret.

>cdpr
>skilled developer

that some top tier bait can't wait when you realize cyberpunk is just a generic as witcher 3.

Attached: 1532577690021.webm (640x360, 2.83M)

>REAL PVP GAMES
List 5.

>inb4 quake d-do I fit in guys xDDd

> projections
pvp is what negatevely affecting builds and game balance. Sekiro just proved that pvp is unnecessary garbage that ruind SP experience, you fucking retard downie

>PLEASE ADD PVP SO I CAN KILL NEWBIES WITH MY OVERLEVELED CHARACTER BECAUSE I'M TOO SHIT TO PLAY ANY REAL PVP GAME REEE
>the only people complaining about pvp are those shitters who got invaded and rekt hard

twinking is nerfed in Dark Souls 3 already

Attached: 1540137138288.png (650x650, 43K)

>Elden Ring on the other hand is probably set in a world where flames have long been snuffed out.
>Look up into the sky IT BURNS
Iq 0

That wasn't a "leak" retard. That was literally a LARPing cuck on Yea Forums. Why even spread it?

Yes. Years ago Martin said video games aren't art but that could change in future. Now we will see that prediction come true.

? Guy on the video is skilled enough to stun that vivern to death. What's your complaint?

>skilled developer
skilled at what, graphics?
cd projekt games have always had awful gameplay
i dont think anyone would deny that

Nope. Japanese sengoku shit is so fucking bland as it does not allow for varied aesthetics. If From really wants to be creative, at least set in in earlier Japanese periods like Nara period or something more ancient.

They didn't say that.

playstationlifestyle.net/2019/06/11/dark-souls-sales-series-25-million/#/slide/1
>Sold over 25 million unit
>Niche series

>open world
Dropped. Dark Souls has one of the best maps and now we are going to get Breath of the Wild shit.

Attached: 3QtBLuW.png (3000x2987, 1001K)

>What's your complaint?
CDPR can't into gameplay and you will see that in Cyberpunk.

I agree, I agree! Only...what on earth is Discworld?

Attached: 08176311[1].jpg (2940x2148, 615K)

I dont think the reason why sekiro's lore is boring can be related to the fact that the game's setting is in Japan though. Japanese setting can be as boring as medieval or dark fantasy can be. Sekiro is just more straight forward story, and does not feel like complicated to autists like you. and I did not say it will be in Japan again, just am saying it should be something else than "muh dark fantasy/medieval europe". how about more futuristic setting, like cyberpunk is doing?

BotW is the best Zelda game though

Yes and we see the smith smash said Elden Ring at the end of the trailer. You can even see the world being consumed by darkness afterwards. SeeElden Ring is set after the Snuff the First Flame ending in Dark Souls 3 aka the second Age of Dark.

Very obvious breasts on the video

wwhat kinda character will you all make?

i'm going to make a pure miracle healer like i did in Dark Souls 3, and co op for everything :> healing in souls games is so much harder and more rewarding

Attached: reah_firelink.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

>you fucking pvp retard
cringe, Player Versus player gives an ever changing challenge that a static boss can't give.

You just want Aztec Souls don't you?

NOOOOOO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND *googles item description*
DARK SOULS HAS A DEEP AND INTRICATE LORE YOU WOULD NEVER UNDERSTAND *watches youtube video of a fan theory* BECAUSE YOU NEED TO CAREFUL STUDY THE ITEMS AND LOCATIONS *pretends fan theory is an undisputable fact*

Miyzaka said himself DS setting became overused and they're happy to make something new

He didn't say that.

>people here meme that From Software would never work with Bandai Namco again because Dark Souls 3 was rushed and bad said by this board
>now they make another game with them

uhhhhhhhm rushed retards? Explain that.

If Elden Ring is indeed set in Norse myth, it will be hilarious if From manages to one up nuGoW in presentation.
Imagine a boss fight against NotFenrir.

>:>

>Elden Ring is set after the Snuff the First Flame ending in Dark Souls 3 aka the second Age of Dark.
>Same verse as ds
Lmao cuck

> circling aroud for 5 mins
> chase for backstab if he runs to use estus
> repeat
lol your IQ must be like 10 if you find this thrilling

the artist is JM
he's a huge gurofag
don't look him up

The large amount of samey and boring weapons is what I liked the least about DS3. It was seriously lacking in interesting stuff until the DLC. One thing I really liked about bloodborne is how diverse, viable, and interesting most of the weapons were, especially in the DLC. I would rather have 15 unique and balanced weapons than 100 samey ones.

>Elden Ring is set after the Snuff the First Flame ending in Dark Souls 3 aka the second Age of Dark.
No. Shut up. Fuck off.

Attached: 1560164032085.png (1280x799, 1.12M)

It's DS2 and BB fags that always try to shit on DS3

>tfw game will have grinding and autism builds back
comfy

Attached: 1537935503851.png (802x802, 2.46M)

>both games/series revolve around dying/dead worlds and trying to restore/manipulate fire/the sun
>not the same
Lmao. Eat shit Sekitards. This is Dark Souls 4 in all but name.

Will it actually be based on any existing mythos? Seems to me pointless to hire some renowned author and not create something completely new.

That's not from the ring idiot, it's the hammer breaking and his body being torn apart from creating the ring. Holy fucking shit, I don't think Miyazaki has ever been this blatant about something and still delusional fags like you come out and read too much into nothing and in doing so, you failed to understand what you were looking at.

Sekiros story was God tier

Terrible thread. Am I supposed to be upset about something? Nigga I'd buy Dark Souls sequels ad infinitum, they are just that good at making dark fantasy stuff.

Probably some female barbarian using 60+str weapons as always

Attached: 74331145_p1.jpg (2797x3092, 1.64M)

Learn to read

a song of ice and fire is incredibly derivative of the real world

Honestly I dunno. It feels like he's destroying it to me but you might be right too. Maybe both the hammer and ring broke. Not like any of this matters right now anyway.

Attached: Crunchy.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

You are actually retarded huh... These games are a million times better than garbage mechashit.

Here is the fucking ring retard.
Jesus fucking christ your lore skills are fucking weak. Maybe you should stick to watching Vaati if you're this fucking dense.

Attached: 102938102831.jpg (1366x568, 108K)

MY MAN

Attached: 1560131168737.jpg (700x719, 63K)

No we, no we see him forge a ring.

>Elden Ring’s world was constructed using this mythos and stimulus as a base. Even I myself find it hard to contain my excitement from time to time. We hope that everyone else is looking forward to the world we have created.
I find it endearing how much this man loves video games.

i'm really optimistic about this game, even the fat fuck's involvement could turn out to be something special when combined with Miyazaki's aesthetic.

whats the elden ring's tax policy?

unf

They already one upped them with the trailer. Nu gow managed to the mythology appeared boring by not having any important characters from it, and every boss fight being absolutely garbage.

What do you think the non-combat RPG elements will entail?

Attached: 1560154926273.jpg (474x476, 45K)

>people still in denial that we're finally getting Dark Souls 4
I bet you're all the same niggers who still refuse to believe that Death Stranding isn't MGS6

Attached: 1000910239131.png (523x399, 79K)

>another fucking medieval fantasy
>he fell for the open world meme
Yawn. Wake me up when they start working on a proper new game like Bloodborne. I propose a cyberpunk or sci-fi setting.

Attached: 1559501981113.jpg (640x459, 127K)

>Heavily focus on RPG
They haven't said this. They just said it's more of a rpg than Sekiro.

imagine a bossfight against NotYmir

Feet washing.

word
everyone should've read Bartimaeus and the Edge Chronicles in childhood instead

Miyazaki is an overrated hack and I'll prove it.
Can anyone tell me the conclusion to the souls story? Did the age of fire continue or did the age of man/abyss happen?
I'll wait.

Attached: 1555619382037.jpg (535x655, 70K)

>proper new game like Bloodborne.
Pretty sure From is already working on a new exclusive launch title for the PS5.

GOD are fucking STUPIIIIID
Yes, we see the broken ring, so what? The Smith did not break it in the trailer. He was shown crafting it. The ring breaking is another scene of a separate event. This is not complicated you fucking subhuman mongrel. The narrator confirms everything I said.

*spams rolls into the sunset*

That's not how you forge rings. That's not how you forge anything. There isn't even any smelter around him. He's literally destroying it.

What ever you choose with your character.

Why is she so perfect, bros?

>mount
aaaaaaand it's trash.

>He was shown crafting it

>Miyazaki: Elden Ring is the name given to a mysterious concept that defines the world itself.

As the trailer at the conference implied, this “Elden Ring” has been shattered. The significance of this will be one of the important themes of the game.

Attached: brainlet.jpg (221x250, 5K)

But Sekiro had trash balance with almost no customization that isn't pointless garbage. DS2 and 3 are both better examples of balancing for PvP making for worse PvE.

What story?

If spells are good, a magic user. People shit on DS2, but early on, spells were fun as fuck, especially divine and dark. Yeah, also OP, but fun. 3 was so much less satisfying in that way.

I also miss how DS1 had an amazing magic scaling MLGS and good sorceries, but the later games didn't have that sort of fun.

If spells are mediocre again, then a heavy weapons user probably, though BB gave me a love for "dex" weapons that I never had in any other game, so I'm hoping that is possible yet again.

>real pvp games

Attached: 5eb.jpg (480x600, 22K)

based

Thanks for the new copypasta broheim, I'll make sure to use it often.

Attached: 1559898784237.jpg (1000x975, 70K)

No, the ring did not break in any of the scenes with the smith... Just pay attention. I can tell you have low attention span, but try to listen, because the narrator says the ring was crafted, while we are shown the smith hammering an anvil. This isn't vague at all, fuck off with the stupid Vaati tier reading too much into everything. The rings shattering a completely separate event.

So is she supposed to be some kind of valkyrie or what?

It's obviously not medieval, use your eyes

>Did the age of fire continue or did the age of man/abyss happen?
The End of the First Flame ending is commonly regarded as the "Good"/True Ending.
youtube.com/watch?v=jWRgKolp7LQ
Basically you ask the Fire Keeper to finally put out the First Flame instead of pointlessly rekindling it every time. This resets the world back to the same state as the age of ancients in Dark Souls 1 prior to discovery of the first flame.

Yeah, it's renascence.

>I'm a hardcore pvp player, I get killed all the time!

Wasn't that age basically a world of stillness?

How do you lack the iq to follow the topic here? No one has said the ring was not broken. It just wasn't broken by the smith, that is the one who made it. They literally say this.

maybe its based off old ds2 concept art?

Attached: 1556023249162.jpg (2048x870, 844K)

>hammering an anvil to make a ring
no.

That is how Sauron and Celebrimbor forges rings, an obvious reference to LotR

Attached: 1556025144844.jpg (211x368, 22K)

Except that is still not how you fucking "forge" or shape a ring. You only hammer something if you mean to flatten it in place, aka a sword or you were actively breaking it. Why the fuck do you think the scene ends with him being tired and light fragments filling the screen

That lower left pic is beautiful. Dark fantasy yet still whimsical.

Attached: 64754406_p1.jpg (1400x1980, 1.22M)

Really? Can you show me where its explicitly stated they used hammers on an avil to forge rings? Or maybe point to a movie scene? Cause I just watched youtube.com/watch?v=BhjDnrw34QA and there wasn't any anvil usage

That's just shadow of war fanfiction. I'm sure the Silmarillion described it differently.

>the conclusion to a story doesn't get hammered in my face, so the said story is shit
>Sonic reaction image

You're a hack and I don't need to prove it

agreed

Attached: 1556027013147.jpg (2048x1152, 644K)

No, it's antiquity era, barbarian times
Yes, because it's not a ring you put on a finger. It's a huge fucking circle of metal, we see this. Also literally a magical artifact, you can write its creation anyway you want. As I Said, stop the stupid fucking Vaati tier reading too much into everything and trying to apply realism to a world creation myth.

>no anvil
>only smelter and pouring
BTFO
T
F
O

Attached: SHATTERED.webm (1280x720, 2.03M)

Considering the previous leak about Elden Ring was pretty fucking spot on, I'll keep my stance about smith destroying the ring to break his waifu free from the mortal coil of this world.

In that game they literally use moulds

>you can literally see fucking pieces of it flying around
Jesus fucking christ you people are blind.

You can't be serious. It's not a finger ring, it's a metallic circle. We see this in the trailer, it's way too big to be on a finger, it's more like a wheel.

>You people
Its one dumb motherfucker arguing for the sake of arguing

No you can't retard. Those aren't pieces of the ring Holy shit pay attention

I trust Miyazaki and GRRM to deliver us some quality waifus

Attached: waifusouls.png (1414x1359, 1.55M)

YOU ARE THE ONE DOING THAT HOLY FUCKING SHIT
Literally everyone in the world can tell the smith is crating the ring there. The narrator literally fucking says he did!

Ok then what are they pieces of if they're coming off when he is hitting the ring

then what the fuck is this then? This is the first fucking time I saw a smithing scene where fucking parts of the object you're trying to craft is flying all over the place.

>it's antiquity era, barbarian times
Where did you even get this retardation from my dude? Let me guess, more """leaks""" talking about Norseshit that doesn't appear in the trailer on interviews? So you just assumed it's set in that era too?

Nah. Miyazaki talks about a dark fantasy setting with kingdoms and huge multi layered castles. You won't find huge multi layered castles in antiquity era. And in the trailer we see fucking this . That's a full on knight wearing an embossed Maximilian Renaissance armor complete with a 16th century gorget. That's not barbarian times at all. And thank fuck for that.

Also we get this concept art. Look at the dress he's wearing. Look at the Gothic architecture around him. Fuck out.

Attached: 1560118708983.jpg (764x1080, 68K)

>Saberface Anri
Nice.

I don't get it are we hyped for this or not?

>dark souls four
>who wants to play it for a third time
RETARD

Hype levels: waiting for the PvP confirmation/10

Attached: 65797657_p0.jpg (900x1375, 898K)

Great thread.

its unironically dark souls IIII

Attached: 1490955842544.jpg (250x215, 8K)

I mean, when you're trying to shape an object, what you're doing is removing excess material.

And that's a good thing?

Attached: 1560183367493.webm (750x646, 2.93M)

>IIII
it would be IV retard

newfag

Attached: IIII.jpg (738x1240, 128K)

>We're making a game with a dark fantasy setting
>IT'S FUCKING DARK SOULS 4 GUYS FROMSOFT IS FULL OF FUCKING HACKS
Anyone that thinks this is the lowest form of dumb fuck.

>I miss Armored Core.
Don't worry, that one unnamed project has to be a new mechashit.
Right?

That's Yea Forums for you.
Meanwhile half of this board is going apeshit because fucking banjo kazooie is in this shit ass game.

fromsoft makes cancerous china replicas of what fantasy games should be, just like george rolkien rolkien martin "books" are cheap lewd ebay cosplays of what fantasy literature should be. this whole board should stay on reddit.

what should fantasy games be?

>"muh time is convoluted" excuse for inconsistencies this time

What inconsistencies were in Dark Souls?

Smash Bros.

Based but also cringe; Terry Pratchett was a god that walked among us

Yes, but not by fucking hammering it. You have other tools for that. For examply, if you want to fashion a sword's blade, that's what the grinding wheel is for.

it's Ilmarinen, the Eternal Hammerer
the game is based on Finnish mythology

>Finnish mythology
lol there is no such thing, it's like "Swiss mythology" doesn't mean anything lol

FUCK OFF FINLAND

look up kalevala

no time to waste lol

No, look up interviews.
They said:
>It's their biggest and most ambitious game yet (False)
>The world is as big as in past titles (False, the one big area is reused 4 times during the game)
>will have the same amount of bosses as past titles (False, maybe like 4 bosses and constantly reused mini bosses, if they can even be called that)
>story and more deeper connection/interaction between residents of the world (False, told much less of a story despite having a set up plot)

All in all, almost all of these "good points" turned out to be false. The OST turned out to be quite good though.

>only one weapon, no armor, no mp, no fashion
read again, nobody questioned those points since they were clear since the announcement.

I disagree, building your whole game around a parry gimmick while deliberately lowering the effectiveness of evasion is a big step back imo, especially for a fuckin ninja. It doesn't come close to Bloodborne's fluid combat ofc, but heck I'd unironically prefer even DS3's combat instead of Sekiro's (the grappling hook was well done though)

I wish there were more games about Finalnd.

Attached: 1482091424889.jpg (665x750, 122K)

focused on rp elements not action elements, with immersive and consistent lore, complex quests and characters

Lichtenstein mythology

Attached: 1560337464093.gif (320x384, 1.95M)

>especially for a fuckin ninja
Wasn't a ninja

You're not smart or interesting. You're wrong. It's a dumb sentence.

EU is trash

Speak for yourself.

>t. trailer trash

It also wasn't like dark souls in most ways

> eu teeth being mad

>lardass actually being mad

Delightful.

>Focus on RPG mechanics
Does this mean I'm able to cut down trees to build a home or use the logs to start a fire? If not the game isn't focusing on RPG mechanics.

Hope you enjoy your games largely rooted in European aesthetics, user. Have a good day!

Attached: 1363739566585.gif (212x158, 402K)

OH ELDEN RING

Attached: anakin.jpg (509x625, 31K)

a-user

Attached: 1516567818331.webm (1600x1600, 3M)

Enjoy your life largely rooted in American everything, user! Have a good day!

Mutts don't have anything. It all belongs to Jews.

I don't know what "American" is. All I see is nigger-laden European things.

>muh jews
Have sex.

I don't know what "European" is. All I see is coon and sandnigger infested countries.

Sex is pretty good, man. Try it. It's even better if your girl is fetishistic.
Anyways, what I'm trying to say is the following: Have sex.

Attached: 1485188224578.jpg (487x432, 12K)

go back to /pol/

this is about elden ring

Attached: chocoblanka.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

Let's fuck over lorefags with bullshit
Guys, the Elden Ring, it's the original Darksign. As they try to destroy it, it actually splits into a billion pieces and starts the curse of the undead.

Attached: darksign.png (102x120, 7K)

runescape wildy x 5
checkmate faggot

Attached: 1553021072540.jpg (970x545, 771K)

Berserk is coming closer and closer bois.
i can feel it.

I can smell her teeth all the way from here

Attached: 1479315635274.jpg (960x960, 84K)

It's actually humans after the outtage of the fire trying to restore the dark sign so they could be cucks again for lord gwyn and have at least 3 more cycles (tm)

>We're going finally get a natural evolution to souls in a fresh new setting entirely unrelated to the previous series, presumably with Multiplayer, and PVP, character customisation and the goods still in
>We're also probably gonna get a Sekiro DLC and probably even a sequel that just hones in the tight, smooth and brilliantly focused gameplay design and bosses

>And all of it is going to be on PC

We are living in the best From Software timeline

Looks like another Soul, don't know why the Hype

Attached: sbpi.jpg (200x200, 9K)

hot

What the fuck is up with retards unironically using "have sex" as a way to dismiss anything you say lately?
Where do you think we are, and where the fuck did you crawl out from? Please go back.

nah we already have souls games
if he did made a berserk game itll definitely be similar but worse than the souls games

None because of the convenient "time is convoluted" excuse

They need to fund the creation of a proper berserk series then.

Mutts are programmed to parrot. Monkey see monkey do.

shareblue is trying a new tactic

>Open world
>Soulslike
Confirmed garbage, no doubt Yea Forums will eat it up like the normaltrash they are and then complain that it still can't beat DS or BB for ages.
God, Miyazaki was a mistake.

When you speak retarded shit, you sound like a fucking neet who hasn't left the house in decades. Get some fresh air, have a fuck.

They couldn't adapt an actual Berserk story arc or even the whole thing because a) it's too long b) FromSoft is trash at storytelling. Best they could do is a game set in the Berserk universe where you play some random jobber with his own story, at which point why even bother? Won't be as good as the worlds they've crafted themselves that capture a similar feel.

Feels great senpai

Bloodborne is the only souls game that did combat even halfway right, so if Elden Ring doesn't play like that then I'm just gonna be mad that FROM /still/ hasn't moved back to Armored Core.

>Bloodborne combat
>fluid
What? Bloodbornes combat was a failed experiment.
What they accomplished with Sekiro's combat (the emphasis on aggressiveness) is what they originally wanted Bloodborne to be, but it got lost halfway on the way there and became another souls clone that doesn't have any more momentum than the games that game before it.

I hope it has an easy mode!

Bloodborne isn't a Souls game. Back to your ded gaem lol

subtly based

Attached: 1525224405266.jpg (600x477, 349K)

Yes, and that's a problem how, you disgusting normalfag?
Imagine being this sad of an existence that your only way of measuring your worth and only achievement in life is sticking your dick into a woman.
Nice reddit spacing, by the way.

FROM brand ARPG then, I don't care to debate the differences between the two.
Mostly because Dark Souls bores me and BB is missing things that would make it feel complete.

You got that mixed around.
He didn't make the languages for his fantasy world. He made the fantasy world for his languages.

>reddit
How to argue like an emotional 15 year old.
>Haven't had sex ever
It shows. You have a lot of hate and repressed sexual anxiety. Slice yourself, my man.

Attached: 1477325122741.jpg (599x495, 64K)

this
>ooga booga hard game good because youtube man told me so

Have sex, INCEL.

>still reddit spacing

Can you guys fuck off, please?

Attached: 1364436952109.gif (150x150, 904K)

You got filtered user

The martin part is unironically well written

I'd like to add that Bloodborne's combat is inferior from a technical standpoint as the movement in the game is bogged down by that sluggish feeling dark souls/demons souls movementl, something that's compounded by the games absolutely abysmal performance, even today.

The reason people say Sekiro's combat feels the best, is because the game is designed for everything to feel smooth, like you're gliding, there's so much less "float" to the running, you can jump without having to time and double-press buttons, it's just a swifter experience.

It's also worth noting that the old English feel of From's writing can be at part attributed to the excellent translation team at Frognation.

Exactly. Their work is always top notch

Have some sex

Attached: 1476801240494.jpg (1280x1073, 291K)